Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-13-2015, 06:04 PM   #4041
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Just stopping in to say hi. I am on steroids and Antibiotics, so feeling a bit better- asthma is bothering me a bit...... The allergist suggests sinus surgery- not the intense one, turbinate reduction.... I may have to give it a go.....after the holidays.

My friend had a port put in for chemo, he will have 2 weeks of intensive PT, Speech and OT, then will start chemo. They also put in a filter to catch any new blood clots from passing on.

I had some fun coloring a sweet image last night- have so so many stamps that have not seen ink, so am going to get busy and try to make cards with them. It was perfect for my need of voice rest too.

So, did you get more rain in Texas? We had rain with high winds last night. Thunder and lightening too.

Heading out to browse on Pintrest, then hit a couple of blogs- I am behind....

Maxine, have a good trip : )

Barb- have a good dinner and hope you get lots of cards done.

Maggie- I was going to say- needing A/C now? We have the heat on.....Chilly today and we will have a heat wave- 62 out this Sunday : )

Waving hello to all

Shelly
Hope you're feeling better. I do NOT like to take steroids. I had sinus surgery a number of years ago. It has made a big difference.

Keeping your friend in my prayers.

Rain is a minimum here right now. I think we're supposed to get some more either Sunday or next week. LOL! No, I don't really need the A/C, but it's the same company that comes to examine the furnace before I turn it on during the cold weather. It passed. The guy who came to check it out was the same guy who installed it 15-17 years ago. He said it's doing great. It sure does heat good. He had to turn the heat on while he was checking it out and I thought I was going to get sick and pass out. It got so hot in here. Had to turn the A/C on after that to cool it back down.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2015, 06:06 PM   #4042
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
So horribly sad what's going on in Paris tonight! Pray for our world.
It is terrible. One of my niece's is on a plane on the way over there tonight. She works somewhere in the government and travels abroad quite often.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:10 PM   #4043
Quacker Stamper

Not much going on here. It's been rather quiet at work. One of those weeks - everything that we had going got canceled this week and next week. My boss was invited to go to NYC in December for a 2-day mediation. He's planning to take his wife along so will be gone for the whole week so they can enjoy the city while they're there. Great thing is that I'll be on vacation the week he comes back.

I've got the electrician coming in the morning to replace the security lights in the back yard and I hope he can replace a bulb in the security light in the front. I just noticed that it has gone out. Also, my DD and SIL are coming to get the love seat that I wanted to get rid of. They'll put it upstairs for my DGS to hang out on.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #4044
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Dropping in on a Sunday to say hello. It has been a quiet week- taking it easy while on antibiotics and steroids (today was the last dose of steroids). I am still swollen in my sinuses and my voice is raspy. Oh Allergy season!

Working on organizing in my crafting room. I have no clue WHY I buy anything new....I have SOOOOO much stuff I have never opened or used! It is a bit overwhelming...... I am very slow at getting more 'stuff' upstairs- i have the basic necessities, so have been just going to the room in the basement and getting supplies one thing at a time.

Maggie- what do you do at work when the boss is gone and there is nothing planned?

Barb- hope you have a great time at the tourney in Milwaukee : )

Waving hello to everyone else.

Shelly
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:52 AM   #4045
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--welcome to Monday and a new week!

Not many plans at all this week and that is a good thing............ I would like to get ahead on the couple of swaps I have joined and also make some DT cards for the rest of this month and maybe into December. I am heading to Madison on Friday for a stamp class and the rubber stamp show. I have not gone the past year or so, and I am excited to attend Friday night.

Have a wonderful week everyone!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:53 AM   #4046
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--welcome to Monday and a new week!

Not many plans at all this week and that is a good thing............ I would like to get ahead on the couple of swaps I have joined and also make some DT cards for the rest of this month and maybe into December. I am heading to Madison on Friday for a stamp class and the rubber stamp show. I have not gone the past year or so, and I am excited to attend Friday night.

Have a wonderful week everyone!
Hi Barb! Have fun at the rubber stamp show. There are some of us in another blogging group trying to get a group together to go to a show in 2016. Some of us went to the last ScrapFest and loved it so trying to find a new place to go. LMK how you like this place.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:54 AM   #4047
Quacker Stamper

My weekend was busy. Worked out in the yard front and back - cutting hedges and digging out a bunch of lantana that had overgrown the space in the front flower bed. I don't even know where this stuff came from to start with. I know how it takes over everything, so I know I didn't plant it myself, but once it's in your flower bed, it's a bear to get rid of. Trimmed back the Jasmine too. That tend to get a little wild also, cleaned up some stuff in the backyard too, but it still needs some work, but that's for a later date. The mosquitos out in the front flower bed were terrible. I have quite a few bites on my arms and they got all scratched up from the lantana.

Not much going on this week except Single Chicks dinner on Thursday.

Friday, my cousin arrives from Florida for Thanksgiving week. She'll stay until the Sunday after Turkey day and she'll stay at my sister's house. There is a gathering up at the Lake at one of my niece's places there on Saturday, but I don't think I'm going to go. It's a long drive and there is nothing to do but sit around and stare at each other, and we'll be doing a lot of that later in the week and I have other things that I need to do on Saturday.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:06 AM   #4048
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Dropping in on a Sunday to say hello. It has been a quiet week- taking it easy while on antibiotics and steroids (today was the last dose of steroids). I am still swollen in my sinuses and my voice is raspy. Oh Allergy season!

Working on organizing in my crafting room. I have no clue WHY I buy anything new....I have SOOOOO much stuff I have never opened or used! It is a bit overwhelming...... I am very slow at getting more 'stuff' upstairs- i have the basic necessities, so have been just going to the room in the basement and getting supplies one thing at a time.

Maggie- what do you do at work when the boss is gone and there is nothing planned?

Barb- hope you have a great time at the tourney in Milwaukee : )

Waving hello to everyone else.

Shelly
Hope you are feeling better today Shelly. Do ever use a Neti Pot or wash out your sinuses? I have a machine that I use to do that when I feel like they are getting stuffy. Really cleans them out and lets you breathe.

LOL! I buy stuff so when I retire from working and can't afford to buy new stuff, I'll still have a room full of stuff to use.

Work -- Good question Shelly. Right now I am working down to when I'll be able to retire in 2 more years. We have gone paperless at the office which is a good thing, but also not as much filing to do although we still keep paper in current cases, but it also needs to be scanned into the computer directory, so I'm filing and scanning a lot. I just finished up scanning and trashing a couple large files that have been sitting around waiting to be closed. I have a couple other large projects to work on as far as scanning goes. My boss has given a ton of speeches over the years and they are all in filing cabinets. I want to go through them and make sure they are all on the computer, which they should be since I typed them up, but he has lots of notes for each one and I want to scan all his notes into the system too into that particular speech folder in case he wants to look back at it at some point. Mostly he hasn't looked at those files in years. I also have large stacks of indexing supplies that I've removed and saved from binders that are sent to us on different cases - mostly from mediations and arbitrations that my boss has done. Right now I have 4 large stacks of those that I need to go through and separate out by numbers. I keep them for further use when we need to make up a binder. I think I am finally getting more than I would ever need, so I'll give them to the firm to keep in their stash for when others need them. Then I have my mediation work that needs to be done. It all keeps me busy when he's not around. Don't tell anyone I said this, but sometimes I even do a little family history work when I have some down time and am sick and tired of the filing and scanning. At some point when everything is cleaned up and organized, I'll check around with my GF's and see if there is work that they have that I can help with. I'm still working toward retirement at the end of 2017.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:08 AM   #4049
SCS RAK Coordinator

Here is the link: One Of A Kind Show Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Show- Madison, WI

It is a nice show and they have classes for three days. I have gone to the make and take on Friday nights in the past--but not last year or the one before I think. It is expensive--$39--but it not crowded at all and there are some nice M&T's--and all are free. The one thing that bothers me is that the vendors do not "need" to be open Friday night and they do not get to receive my money then! The ticket for Friday night allows you also to come back Saturday and/or Sunday if you want. We also have the Scrapbook Expo in Milwaukee in the spring and many of the vendors do one and not the other. There is a nice hotel right next to the show in Madison--Comfort Inn I think--so if you decide to come, it is handy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Hi Barb! Have fun at the rubber stamp show. There are some of us in another blogging group trying to get a group together to go to a show in 2016. Some of us went to the last ScrapFest and loved it so trying to find a new place to go. LMK how you like this place.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #4050
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Here is the link: One Of A Kind Show Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Show- Madison, WI

It is a nice show and they have classes for three days. I have gone to the make and take on Friday nights in the past--but not last year or the one before I think. It is expensive--$39--but it not crowded at all and there are some nice M&T's--and all are free. The one thing that bothers me is that the vendors do not "need" to be open Friday night and they do not get to receive my money then! The ticket for Friday night allows you also to come back Saturday and/or Sunday if you want. We also have the Scrapbook Expo in Milwaukee in the spring and many of the vendors do one and not the other. There is a nice hotel right next to the show in Madison--Comfort Inn I think--so if you decide to come, it is handy.
Looks like a good one. I'll add it to our list that we are considering for next year. We'd not be able to get it together to do it this year.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:12 PM   #4051
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Friday, my cousin arrives from Florida for Thanksgiving week. She'll stay until the Sunday after Turkey day and she'll stay at my sister's house. There is a gathering up at the Lake at one of my niece's places there on Saturday, but I don't think I'm going to go. It's a long drive and there is nothing to do but sit around and stare at each other, and we'll be doing a lot of that later in the week and I have other things that I need to do on Saturday.
I will admit to giggling about not wanting to sit around and stare at each other I have been to family functions like that before, especially if you will see each other later no need to go all the way out to the lake.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:18 PM   #4052
Insane Embellisher

Hello ladies.

I've been MIA again. Sorry Ever since I got back from Disney at the end of September, work has been busy and other stuff has been on my mind. I am off this week for a staycation, it was supposed to be a crafty one but turned into organizing again lol. I am changing how I store some of my cardstock. Almost finished with that project and then I bought another rolling tower from Michaels and a cube with shelves. I want to bag up my collections with their embellishments and store them on the shelves and get them off the floor/bins.

My mom went last week for her mammogram and 1 year post op appointment. Everything looked good, thank goodness. One less worry. But I added another one. Good thoughts and prayers appreciated for my sister and niece. My sister is in the hospital right now having her BP monitored. She is 32 weeks. This happened with my nephew and she delivered him at 32 weeks so we are all a little nervous it may happen again.

I have read up on recent pages several times and then didn't post.

Thinking of Darlene and Amanda.
Jeanette- hope the move goes well!
Lynn - I haven't used the Scan N Cut much lately. I do like it for cutting images. It makes my life so much easier!
Shelly - feel better soon! I can cut fonts/shapes from the Scan N Cut via their online program called Canvas. It will cut SVGs too but I haven't tried it yet.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:20 PM   #4053
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Um...I don't know why I keep buying anything new either but it happens...a lot! I need to create more and shop less!
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:24 PM   #4054
Mad Swapper

What a chatty lot - I have caught up the posts - no news of Darlene ...

Shelly I hope you are feeling better now

Maggie you sound as though you have quite a busy job there - I don't blame you taking the odd break from all that scanning!!

Kristie - good to see you Sounds as though your stay-cation has resulted in a good tidy up - Praying that all is well with your sister. Great news about your mother's recovery.

Jeanette hoping the packing and moving is going well

Lynn - hope all is well with you and Jim, and you are finding time to craft

Kelly I hope your year slows down a bit soon and we see you again - I miss you and your cheerful posts

We had a wonderful weekend - caught up with loads of family we have not seen for ages, including all the 12 great nieces and nephews, and managed to figure who belonged to who.... including a couple of girlfriends of the older boys.

You will all be pleased to know that Jordan is making huge steps - he is now working up to five hours a day back at work, but must b e supervised at all times still. Concentration is still an issue for him, but he is making constant progress. It will be another 2-3 years before he will be considered to have completed his recovery. Legally - the accused's legal team have been playing delaying tactics, but there has been a date set for trial next May, and that is now immovable!!

We are tired but so pleased to have made the trip and caught up with so many family - thankfully there was no 'sitting around looking at each other' - lots of chat and laughs.

Waving and sending hugs from down under
Old 11-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #4055
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
I will admit to giggling about not wanting to sit around and stare at each other I have been to family functions like that before, especially if you will see each other later no need to go all the way out to the lake.
Exactly, and now the weather prediction is rain in the morning, so I'm certainly not going to drive all the way out to the lake in the rain. I hear that there is no electricity right now in the clubhouse where they would gather. Everything just screams to me NO, Don't go!!!!
Old 11-17-2015, 11:34 AM   #4056
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hello ladies.

I've been MIA again. Sorry Ever since I got back from Disney at the end of September, work has been busy and other stuff has been on my mind. I am off this week for a staycation, it was supposed to be a crafty one but turned into organizing again lol. I am changing how I store some of my cardstock. Almost finished with that project and then I bought another rolling tower from Michaels and a cube with shelves. I want to bag up my collections with their embellishments and store them on the shelves and get them off the floor/bins.

My mom went last week for her mammogram and 1 year post op appointment. Everything looked good, thank goodness. One less worry. But I added another one. Good thoughts and prayers appreciated for my sister and niece. My sister is in the hospital right now having her BP monitored. She is 32 weeks. This happened with my nephew and she delivered him at 32 weeks so we are all a little nervous it may happen again.

I have read up on recent pages several times and then didn't post.

Thinking of Darlene and Amanda.
Jeanette- hope the move goes well!
Lynn - I haven't used the Scan N Cut much lately. I do like it for cutting images. It makes my life so much easier!
Shelly - feel better soon! I can cut fonts/shapes from the Scan N Cut via their online program called Canvas. It will cut SVGs too but I haven't tried it yet.
Hope you enjoy your time off this week. It's always good to get things organized. I'm still trying. I'm hoping that I have some me time over the Thranksgiving weekend to work on some organizing too.

Glad to hear that you mom is doing well and sending up prayers for your sister and niece.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:40 AM   #4057
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
What a chatty lot - I have caught up the posts - no news of Darlene ...

Shelly I hope you are feeling better now

Maggie you sound as though you have quite a busy job there - I don't blame you taking the odd break from all that scanning!!

Kristie - good to see you Sounds as though your stay-cation has resulted in a good tidy up - Praying that all is well with your sister. Great news about your mother's recovery.

Jeanette hoping the packing and moving is going well

Lynn - hope all is well with you and Jim, and you are finding time to craft

Kelly I hope your year slows down a bit soon and we see you again - I miss you and your cheerful posts

We had a wonderful weekend - caught up with loads of family we have not seen for ages, including all the 12 great nieces and nephews, and managed to figure who belonged to who.... including a couple of girlfriends of the older boys.

You will all be pleased to know that Jordan is making huge steps - he is now working up to five hours a day back at work, but must b e supervised at all times still. Concentration is still an issue for him, but he is making constant progress. It will be another 2-3 years before he will be considered to have completed his recovery. Legally - the accused's legal team have been playing delaying tactics, but there has been a date set for trial next May, and that is now immovable!!

We are tired but so pleased to have made the trip and caught up with so many family - thankfully there was no 'sitting around looking at each other' - lots of chat and laughs.

Waving and sending hugs from down under
Glad that you enjoyed your trip and got to see so many of your family.

Glad to hear the good news about Jordan's progress. That was a serious injury and I can see that it would take a long time for him to recover. Sorry that the trial is taking so long to get over with.

Gloomy day here with rain and supposed to get cold tonight down to the upper 40's. Hasn't been that cold in a long time. Days are to be in the 70's, so that's not so bad and nice weather until more rain on Saturday. I did call and make a hairdresser appointment for Saturday, rain or no rain. I've been needing to get it down for some time now and every Saturday it's been raining except for this past Saturday when I had the electrician coming. And the following weekend (after Thanksgiving) is supposed to be more rain. Not happy about that since our family goes on a shopping outing on the Friday after to a quaint little village place with all kinds of shops. Won't be so much fun if it's raining, although we have done that before.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #4058
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon--I had stamp class this morning and now I am inspired to go and get inly some more.

Hope you are having a good Tuesday!!!!!
Old 11-17-2015, 11:46 AM   #4059
SCS RAK Coordinator

I do not think I am telling stories out of school--but Amanda was moved to a hospice facility closer to Darlene's house last week. I was texting with her this morning and that is all that is new.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:02 PM   #4060
Mad Swapper

Thanks for the heads up about Amanda, Barb. Give Darlene my love please as I have no other way to contact her.
Good to hear from you and know all is well - enjoy getting inky
Old 11-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #4061
SCS RAK Coordinator

sure will!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Thanks for the heads up about Amanda, Barb. Give Darlene my love please as I have no other way to contact her.
Good to hear from you and know all is well - enjoy getting inky
Old 11-17-2015, 09:35 PM   #4062
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Worked today and completely veged out tonight....a little piano practice and talked to our son on the phone for a long while. We will be heading to his place for Christmas, so a little chatter about that......

I cannot imagine the heartache Darlene must be going through, and seeing her daughter as she is. Glad Amanda is closer to home- has to be a little easier on Darlene to travel a little less on her visits to see her! I will keep praying for you and for good nursing care as well. Thanks Barb for the update.

Maxine- glad you had a great visit with family and that you had much interaction and not just a stare down. My family is so silly and chatty- always activity- cannot imagine a staring match at a family event : ) SO glad you were able to reacquaint with family and good news about Jordan- not about the trial, but about his progress.

Kristi- Organization goes slowly for me- do you have to look at everything...hence slowing you down??? Glad you got alot accomplished. Prayers for your Mom and Sister (and niece).

Maggie- sounds like a fun day after Thanksgiving shopping trip- are there deals in the little town, or do you get the deals online and just shop for fun there? We had rain today as well, and gloom- 'cept no 70's here.......

Kelly- waving hello! Hope you are all well and that you are getting in a little crafting time : )

Lynn- hope you and Jim are staying well too. Will you be traveling for Thanksgiving, or cooking at home?

Barb- sounds like you are getting some good stamping time in! Do you try to use all of your new stamps before putting them away?

Jeanette- hope the packing is going well!

Kel- know you are busy and doing lots of creating there!

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 11-18-2015, 06:08 AM   #4063
Insane Embellisher

Maxine - so glad to hear about Jordan's progress!!
Barb- Thank you for the update regarding Amanda.
Shelly - Yes looking at everything does slow me down. I started using Evernote to track what I have. Stamps, papers, etc. and adding tags so when I want to look for something, I can pull up that tag and see what I have that fits. Hoping this will help me see that I don't need to keep buying! Once I get this area cleaned up, I will continue with the bins of stamps and drawers of paper slowly. Mainly trying to clean up the stuff that has piled up on the floor over the last year or so. Hoping to start creating later or tomorrow, should be far enough along by then cleaning up.

My sister was released from the hospital on Monday night after getting some potassium because hers was low. Bloodwork was okay and bp finally went down to a safe number. She took yesterday off to rest and goes back to the doctor on Friday. Praying that all continues to go well and baby stays put for now.
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #4064
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I do not think I am telling stories out of school--but Amanda was moved to a hospice facility closer to Darlene's house last week. I was texting with her this morning and that is all that is new.
Thanks for the info Barb. I think I saw her say something about that on FB. So sad. She had posted before that she was putting together a Celebration of Life for when her DD passes. I can't even begin to imagine what she must be going through now. My heart just breaks for her.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:51 AM   #4065
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maxine - so glad to hear about Jordan's progress!!
Barb- Thank you for the update regarding Amanda.
Shelly - Yes looking at everything does slow me down. I started using Evernote to track what I have. Stamps, papers, etc. and adding tags so when I want to look for something, I can pull up that tag and see what I have that fits. Hoping this will help me see that I don't need to keep buying! Once I get this area cleaned up, I will continue with the bins of stamps and drawers of paper slowly. Mainly trying to clean up the stuff that has piled up on the floor over the last year or so. Hoping to start creating later or tomorrow, should be far enough along by then cleaning up.

My sister was released from the hospital on Monday night after getting some potassium because hers was low. Bloodwork was okay and bp finally went down to a safe number. She took yesterday off to rest and goes back to the doctor on Friday. Praying that all continues to go well and baby stays put for now.
Just looked at the Evernote website Kristie. Do you use the free download or did you pay for more? That sounds like a great idea. I'm sure it takes a lot of time to list everything on there.

Glad to hear that your sis is doing better and back home. Yes, prayers for a healthy baby and easy delivery.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:12 AM   #4066
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Worked today and completely veged out tonight....a little piano practice and talked to our son on the phone for a long while. We will be heading to his place for Christmas, so a little chatter about that......

I cannot imagine the heartache Darlene must be going through, and seeing her daughter as she is. Glad Amanda is closer to home- has to be a little easier on Darlene to travel a little less on her visits to see her! I will keep praying for you and for good nursing care as well. Thanks Barb for the update.

Maxine- glad you had a great visit with family and that you had much interaction and not just a stare down. My family is so silly and chatty- always activity- cannot imagine a staring match at a family event : ) SO glad you were able to reacquaint with family and good news about Jordan- not about the trial, but about his progress.

Kristi- Organization goes slowly for me- do you have to look at everything...hence slowing you down??? Glad you got alot accomplished. Prayers for your Mom and Sister (and niece).

Maggie- sounds like a fun day after Thanksgiving shopping trip- are there deals in the little town, or do you get the deals online and just shop for fun there? We had rain today as well, and gloom- 'cept no 70's here.......

Kelly- waving hello! Hope you are all well and that you are getting in a little crafting time : )

Lynn- hope you and Jim are staying well too. Will you be traveling for Thanksgiving, or cooking at home?

Barb- sounds like you are getting some good stamping time in! Do you try to use all of your new stamps before putting them away?

Jeanette- hope the packing is going well!

Kel- know you are busy and doing lots of creating there!

Hugs to all
Shelly
The trip is always fun and something that we do every year. Unfortunately, this year it may not happen if it rains. You can sometimes get some deals, but it's mostly dedicated to Christmas stuff and not cheap. It's a very old little village with little houses that people have taken over and converted into their shops. Some of the merchants also have websites, but it's not the same as going there. Even if you don't buy anything, it's a fun family thing to do.

Don't get me wrong, my family can be quite silly and chatty especially with my SIL and nephew-in-law there. They like to cut up. When my DD and family and I get together though, we usually will play games after dinner. For one thing, it gets the kids off their smartphones. At Thanksgiving we have done that in the past, but mostly they just like to sit around and chat with each other. My sis did call me last night to say she was sorry that I wasn't going to the Lake this weekend, but I have too much to do at home. She did tell me that my older brother and his wife are also coming for Thanksgiving this year. They don't always comes, so that will be nice to have 3 of us there. One of the things I have on my list to do on Saturday is to call my younger brother. I haven't talked to him in a very long time. I wish there were someway to get him down here, but that won't happen.

Beautiful here today. Sun shine for 3 days until Saturday. Maybe lunch plans today with a GF or a trip to the old bank to get an issue taken care of. Also would like to drop car off to get washed, but may do that tomorrow and get in a trip to the Mall.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:18 AM   #4067
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, all

That's about all I can muster since it's the same old here - running back and forth and going from sun-up to sun-down! Last night I left at 6:30 am, came home literally for 15 minutes, and got home almost 11 pm with the various kids and events and rides ... my word. The highlight of my day was breaking down AGAIN ........ trust me, it's enough to send anyone over the edge to break down in busy Miami! Turns out, the last time AAA towed car to the dealer and they 'fixed it', they didn't tighten any of the cables back! So every time I went over a bump or train tracks, kaboom - you guessed it... it kept loosening until it just stopped connecting and the car just stopped. Completely. Oh my word, I was about to go out of my mind. My dh is super mellow and super calm and just takes life with such grace and stride, but wow - that man went straight to the dealership this morning! Their ignorance is uncalled for.

Kids have me back and forth with their school functions - tis the season! Upcoming Concert rehearsals, drama club, productions, Boy Scouts, meetings, it never ends. Today is Math & Science Club along with the Science Fair (oh, and thank you to whomever signed me up to proctor - I had absolutely nothing else to do - LOL!!!!)
Each kid is doing well, balancing life wonderfully BUT there is only one ME ....
and there in lies the rub!

So forgive me for not stopping in as often

I don't craft anymore, I don't get inky or make cards.

my own life has become a full time job!

Maxine, soooo happy to hear that Jordan is making progress. He's been on our prayer list all along. It's all in His timing and His will, no matter how much we wish it differently. And drats on those attorneys for delaying the justice that clearly needs dealing with!

Waving to everyone and sending hugs, hellos, healing vibes!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 11-18-2015, 07:51 AM   #4068
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am posting Smoochy in hopes that he stops by Jeanette's house while she is packing and gives her some hugs and kisses from all of us!!!!!!

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:30 PM   #4069
Mad Swapper

Kelly - Hugs and more hugs - I cannot imagine the pace you are currently living life with all that driving!!! Take care.

Life here is chugging along - the first of the lettuces are cropping, and the tomatoes are starting to flower... oh, and I think I may have designed my card for this Christmas.. still have to make a prototype to see if the idea(s) works.
ksmile1978 likes this post.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:21 AM   #4070
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--hoping you all have a nice day.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #4071
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Just looked at the Evernote website Kristie. Do you use the free download or did you pay for more? That sounds like a great idea. I'm sure it takes a lot of time to list everything on there.

Glad to hear that your sis is doing better and back home. Yes, prayers for a healthy baby and easy delivery.
I, so far, have been using the free part. A friend of mine upgraded to the mid plan but I can't see me adding so much in one month that I need to pay for it (yet). It's definitely taking awhile but I think it will help so much in the long run. I've added tons of keywords for my paper collections so if I'm looking for something with a certain theme, for example maybe arrows, I can click on that tag and it will bring up anything I have logged with arrows.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #4072
Pearl-ExPert

Everyone seems to be on here except me!

Maxine, so glad Jordan is doing better now. That's a long time to have to wait to do anything to they guy that did this but hope they get it settled then. Sounds like spring is headed your way! Enjoy that garden.

Barb, the craft show sounds yummy! Wish I was going!

Maggie, we have lantana pop up all over the yard. I love the stuff but not where the grass is suppose to be either! LOL! You'll make that retirement date and then be busier than ever.

Kristie, I've heard about the Evernote but just don't know if I want to tackle something like that. I hear that it's a great organization tool though.

Kelly, bless your heart! You make me tired just reading your posts! LOL! Hang in there though. They won't be around forever so enjoy every minute you can (except when the vehicle decides to just stop running!)

Shelly, hope you're feeling a little better by now. Allergies and sinus can really knock you down quick. I don't know why I buy new stuff either since I have things I've never used! Maybe it's the fun of it all!

All is fine here. I'm taking a little break next week......I know.....again! Just need to recharge the batteries. No plans for Thanksgiving at all here. My brother and crew will be here the next day. All the kids are going elsewhere this year but will all be here for Christmas. That's good. I haven't seen my daughter in over a year so am really looking forward to her coming. She won't have the girls with her though since the ex has them for Christmas but at least I'll see her. Jim's kids just sorta pop in whenever around that time too.
If you celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you have a wonderful day!!! If not, I hope you have a wonderful day anyway!
Old 11-20-2015, 06:44 AM   #4073
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday! I am headed to Madison for the Stamp Show. I am taking a class at noon--Holiday Cards Boot Camp-making 5 sets of 8 different cards. The stamp show starts at 6 and runs until 10 tonight--but I am probably going to head out early as we have a winter storm warning tonight. We are to get up to 8 inches of snow and I would like home before it hits!

Have a Fantastic Friday!!!!
Old 11-20-2015, 06:46 AM   #4074
SCS RAK Coordinator

Ladies--Darlene sent an email with a picture of her daughter Amanda from a year or so ago that she wanted me to share with all of you. I do not have email addresses for most of you. If you could please send me a PM with your full name and email address, I will add you to my contact list and forward the email to you. Thanks Bunches!
Old 11-20-2015, 06:58 PM   #4075
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

We are having our first snow- BIG fluffy flakes! The forecast is 2-10 inches...., so we'll see once we wake up tomorrow. It is supposed to be in the 50's next week by Thanksgiving.

I am working this weekend, so not much time to create until Sunday. My nephew is in a play this weekend, so we will go see him tomorrow night.

Have a great weekend.

Working Monday, picking Stephi up on Tuesday in Rockford, then heading to Ky on Wednesday : ) Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Shelly
Old 11-21-2015, 09:15 AM   #4076
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--it is still snowing here. I was a bit chicken yesterday........... I did go to my stamp class at noon and I did complete the 40 holiday cards in less than three hours. I then did a bit of shopping at Hobby Lobby, and a couple of other stores and ate a late lunch. The snow had not started yet but they sure were hyping it up. So about 5:00--an hour before the show was to open--I asked the promoter if I could have a credit for next year's admission as I knew they were not going to give me a refund as I wanted to drive home before the storm hit. She said yes and I did get home before it started. So--no shopping for me at the stamp show last night and that is OK as I really was not looking for anything special.

I think we might have 5 inches of snow so far and it is still coming down--sure looks pretty out. We have plans to meet some friends for supper and that is about it today!
Old 11-21-2015, 09:16 AM   #4077
SCS RAK Coordinator

And--it will not stick around as it is to be in the 40's on Monday and yes, 50 on Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:40 AM   #4078
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Monday and a short week to get ready for Thanksgiving. I have a few cards to make today and I also hope to start to swap the cute WS/PB winter cards. It still is winter outside, but temps are to be in the 40's this week, with rain on Thursday.

Have a Marvelous Monday!!!!!
Old 11-23-2015, 11:28 AM   #4079
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good Morning--it is still snowing here. I was a bit chicken yesterday........... I did go to my stamp class at noon and I did complete the 40 holiday cards in less than three hours. I then did a bit of shopping at Hobby Lobby, and a couple of other stores and ate a late lunch. The snow had not started yet but they sure were hyping it up. So about 5:00--an hour before the show was to open--I asked the promoter if I could have a credit for next year's admission as I knew they were not going to give me a refund as I wanted to drive home before the storm hit. She said yes and I did get home before it started. So--no shopping for me at the stamp show last night and that is OK as I really was not looking for anything special.

I think we might have 5 inches of snow so far and it is still coming down--sure looks pretty out. We have plans to meet some friends for supper and that is about it today!
I think I would have also opted to come home instead of staying and getting caught in the bad weather.

We got the cold. It got down in the upper 30's last night and the same for tonight, but then supposed to be 80 * on Thanksgiving day. Talk about wacky weather! The saying here in TX is that if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes because it's sure to change!
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:28 AM   #4080
Quacker Stamper

I got an e-mail this morning from "Instacart" and they are a group that will do your grocery shopping and deliver to your home. Here in Houston, you can use them at Whole Foods, HEB, and Costco which are my 3 go to stores. I think I'm going to try them and order all my stuff online. What I read this morning said they didn't charge a delivery charge if your order was over $35 and you can order from all places on the same order. What a convenience is all I've got to say. Can't wait to see if it works out.
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.