Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #4001
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Maxine:
I sure hope that you have success with both medical issues.

Thanks everyone for the continued prayers. Amanda is not getting better, slowly getting worse. This is the saddest thing I have ever experienced.
Darlene, I'm so very sorry to hear that. I have been praying that she would recover and be whole again. Of course we don't know the whole picture and what His plan is for her for your you, but if it is her time, then I pray that some good can come of it in some way and that you will find peace and comfort.
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:37 PM   #4002
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Hi,
Dropping in to try to catch up!

Sorry to hear that Amanda is not improving Darlene : ( I cannot imagine watching my daughter go thru that- Bess You my dear friend! May God give you strength, and hoping you can find a way to turn this experience around to find a way to help others....Maybe write a book........

Maxine- Glad the lesion was benign, and hoping you do not have to wait long for the procedure. It sounds painful : ) The sunflowers sound so cool- and I love the tree you posted on FB today : ) Does that tree stay in bloom all summer?

Maggie- so fun to keep on going out to dinner- has to be hard on the diet!
That is so weird about the packages. Was the paralegal just chatty?

Barb- post pics of what you are making/quilting!

Stephi seems to be doing OK. She is not sure she needs a car to get around Dubuque- we'll see. I was able to drop in and see a friend at Hobby Lobby- works there- while in Iowa, and had lunch together. We met in Technique Junkies in 2004, and it is just the 2nd time we met in person.......

Hugs to all
SHelly
Yes, Shelly, all the eating out has played havoc with my weight. I'm really having to cut back and be more careful about what I'm eating. Of course, tomorrow my boss has a mediation which means a free lunch. I need to make sure it is some kind of salad.

No, the paralegal wasn't just chatty, she was being a real pain and not responding civilly to a simple question and getting all defensive and dragging my boss into the equation when he really doesn't give a hoot! This is something I've dealt with her since she started working there and many times I've just had to cut off the discussion and walk away. And then she comes to me at many times telling me how ugly both my bosses are to her at times. You know, what goes around, comes around.

The really weird thing about the packages is that they were both waiting on my doorstep for me when I got home that night.

I guess Stephi can take some time to figure out if she does need a car. If she truly doesn't then good for her. She can save a lot of money. That's great that you were able to meet up with an old friend.
International Art & Soul
Old 11-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #4003
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
How lovely for Brock to be giving candy away. We were out and had the gates shut and windows closed etc, but there were still some come onto the property (the neighbour told me) and I don't know what they did but we came home to a very jittery cat . He has settled a bit now, but I was cross.
Then we have Guy Faukes on Thursday with fireworks galore - another unhappy night for puss.
Not much studio time these days as we seem to be having numerous visits from and babysitting for grandies
Sorry that your kitty got spooked by trick or treaters. Those kinds of noises don't seem to bother these kitties although I used to have a couple that didn't like noises. I wasn't sure I was going to do the candy thing, but I did sign up on our neighborhood map that I would give out candy and did have a few kids come buy. I would estimate that there were about 10-12. That's 10-12 more than I've had the last several years. I guess with the Neighorhood Treat Map, it's good that parents know where they can take their children to get treats and not have to worry about them.

I've been able to work on some Christmas cards the last few days. So far 6 are done.
International Art & Soul
Old 11-01-2015, 02:57 PM   #4004
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Checking in since I've been so bad about it.

Darlene, I know this is such a stressful time for you. Thinking about you daily!
Kelly, loved the card your son did! He's very good.
Maxine, so sorry about the elbow! Know you're not looking forward to that one at all.
Maggie, we've had UPS pop up and said we didn't exist either on deliveries. After many phone calls realized they had a new driver and he couldn't find his way out of a paper bad!
Jeanette, know that Brock will have fun tonight! So glad he's ok now.
Shelly, I think I'd have to have a car to get around in. Maybe Stephi will change her mind on that. Again, glad she wasn't seriously hurt.

Waving hi to everyone else.

Well, first of all (for Darlene). Jim's the same and we just keep going on day to day.

I know y'all have seen all about the terrible weather in Texas - and sure Maggie has gotten some of it too. Night before last we had a tornado. The little town that's about a mile and half (as the crow flies) from us got a direct hit. "Town" consists of about 6 very old brick buildings in a row. The tornado dipped down and wiped out three of them. Pretty much nothing but rubble now. Also hit a couple empty buildings in town. Bank, fire station, and all that type of thing got it so bad. Anyway, it was so early in the morning that no one was there so no one got hurt - thankfully. We got 4 1/2 inches of much needed rain - and not a drop of wind out here at all!!!!!!! Weird! My son started calling here about 6:00 that morning since he'd seen it on the national news, to make sure I was ok. Since the power was out he was calling the cell phone. I crawled out of bed about 7:00 and noticed he'd called like 6 times - and I went into a panic thinking something had happened to him. LOL!!!!!!

Then last night another round of the storms moved through. At 2:00 this morning our house took a direct hit of lightening! We thought the house had blown up it lit up and looked like it was on fire! Knocked out power, phone, internet, TV - you name it. Still don't have the home phones. We did have the power done pretty early. It hit a transformer right outside the bedroom window.

Anyway, we're fine and didn't have any flooding. Just way too much drama for us for the last couple of days! LOL!
We have really been having the rain too Lynn. Last weekend, we had the high winds too. Lucky my home has been okay as well of that of other members of my family. No flooding around here. Yikes that's pretty scary about the lightning. Glad you didn't get hurt or nothing serious (like fire) on the house. I had a similar thing happen here many years ago when my oak tree in the front yard was struck by lightning. It was a Sunday night and I had some of our missionaries over for dinner and remember how loud it was and didn't know for a long time what exactly had happened. It eventually led to the demise of that oak tree which I replaced 2 years ago.
International Art & Soul
Old 11-01-2015, 03:05 PM   #4005
Quacker Stamper

Well, the rain stopped about 11 a.m. yesterday morning so everyone in Houston went out to do their grocery shopping. I think they all went to the same HEB that I shop at.

The kids were all able to get out to do their trick or treating without any problems. Then this morning the rain was back again. I was very surprised. I thought it was over. Now it looks like we'll be having rain for the next 2 weeks.

Don't think I'll be able to be getting on here during the daytime much anymore. I think the IT department finally blocked the website. I noticed it on Friday. They don't like us accessing "social media" websites and sometimes they have nothing better to do then check up on what we're all doing on the internet. It said something about a "firewall" so not sure if it's really blocked or not. The same things was with the Stampin Up website. I may ask about that one because it's a shopping site and not a social media site. There shouldn't be any reason for them to block a shopping site.
International Art & Soul
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:43 AM   #4006
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--Happy Monday!

Yay to the Royals for a great come back win last night and boo hoo to the Packers for a very bad game last night.......................

I am planning to cut the grass this morning as the temps are already in the mid-50's. I have a couple of errands to run after that--planning to spend some crafty time this afternoon!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:54 AM   #4007
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh my goodness Kelly/Shelly (whoever you are ).... that scarecrow card is adorable! What a talented young man you have... certainly takes after his mama!

Shelly, my apologies! CONGRATULATIONS to YOU!!!

Lynn, how frightening! I am praying that the weather in Texas settles down and you can get some rest!

Maggie, I'm sorry your IT might be messing with your SCS time. UGH!

Maxine, your poor kitty. I hope things have settled to a calm now.

Barb, yesterday was gorgeous here, too! Loving the fall weather!

Well................. BIG news in my life! My DH has a new job starting December 1... so you know what I'll be doing this month. Packing, moving, and starting to set up a new house! As you know, my DH is a pastor... has been for 34 years. This new position is a bit different and one he's longed for... he will be the Director of Missions for our local association of 25 churches. What that means is he will provide leadership for all the things our association does. He's super excited, as am I. A parsonage is provided for us... and it's a mere 3-4 blocks from where we currently live, so it's a short move. And................ it has a PLAYROOM for me........... and a DISHWASHER (two things I've missed tremendously since we moved here 4 1/2 years ago)!!!

Now I just need to come up with a name for my playroom (any suggestions?).......... oh, and start packing.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 11-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #4008
Proud Fan Club Member

Me either by choice - so Good Afternoon

We survived the incredibly busy weekend - and I hope not to see anymore candy like ever! I took 3 huge bags to the women's shelter this morning - it was sad to see, and yes, not the healthiest choice, but the smallest little thing makes all the difference.

Ladies, if you could think good thoughts for my brother's dog. I know, it's a dog. But we are dog people. Emma was bitten by a rattlesnake out there in Texas and is at the vet, on her 2nd bottle of anti venom. It got her right on the snout while they were out hiking. He adopted her as an unwanted dog in a German pound and brought her over from Germany to his new base ...... we appreciate the good thoughts!

Hugs to everyone here - read about the flooding (my brother is also there now) but far away from there. Lynn, so sad to read about the historic town - I'm sure glad no one was in the path of the tornado though. Buildings can be replaced or remembered

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 11-02-2015 at 10:28 AM..
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #4009
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Oh my goodness Kelly/Shelly (whoever you are ).... that scarecrow card is adorable! What a talented young man you have... certainly takes after his mama!

Shelly, my apologies! CONGRATULATIONS to YOU!!!

Lynn, how frightening! I am praying that the weather in Texas settles down and you can get some rest!

Maggie, I'm sorry your IT might be messing with your SCS time. UGH!

Maxine, your poor kitty. I hope things have settled to a calm now.

Barb, yesterday was gorgeous here, too! Loving the fall weather!

Well................. BIG news in my life! My DH has a new job starting December 1... so you know what I'll be doing this month. Packing, moving, and starting to set up a new house! As you know, my DH is a pastor... has been for 34 years. This new position is a bit different and one he's longed for... he will be the Director of Missions for our local association of 25 churches. What that means is he will provide leadership for all the things our association does. He's super excited, as am I. A parsonage is provided for us... and it's a mere 3-4 blocks from where we currently live, so it's a short move. And................ it has a PLAYROOM for me........... and a DISHWASHER (two things I've missed tremendously since we moved here 4 1/2 years ago)!!!

Now I just need to come up with a name for my playroom (any suggestions?).......... oh, and start packing.

I guess it was just a glitch on Friday because it was all good again today. It was busy though so didn't have much time to be on earlier.

Congrats on DH's new position. Fabulous that you'll have your own stamp room finally and a Dishwasher. I hate hand washing dishes. Maybe now you won't have to keep your supplies in the garage. Great that it will be close to where you are living now, so not much disruption.
International Art & Soul
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:24 PM   #4010
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, that's wonderful news!!! I know you're not looking forward to the packing and all that but it shouldn't be too bad since it's close by. Fantastic about the craft/play room too!! One of these days I'll have one - hopefully. I'm sorta sandwiched between the dryer and freezer in the laundry. Not fun and no room but it sure is easy to wash clothes and craft at the same time. LOL!

Oh Kelly, how sad about the dog! Hopefully he got her to the vet soon enough and the treatments work. That's what scares me so bad about Rambo out here in the boonies. Dogs need prayers sometimes too and she'll be in mine for SURE!!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:44 AM   #4011
Watercolor Wizard

Hello friends.

Lynn, I keep praying that Jim's recovery will continue. Maybe he's just plateaued for a while...then will show more progress in the future. It's so terrible how TX keeps getting hammered with drastic weather.

Jeanette, so happy for you and DH! Relieved that your move will be short this time & HOORAY for the dishwasher and stamping room!!! I have a negative balance in the creative dept right now, so no cute ideas on naming your room...maybe something about the forest...?

Yesterday I participated in a 90 minute interview as part of a National Institute of Health's research aimed at developing a decision making tool or resource for families of those who survive the initial phases of severe TBI (traumatic brain injury). The invitation came from one of the neurologists who treated Amanda in the initial weeks following her injury.

I thought about whether to participate or not-trying to determine what I could contribute. After a few days I had collected my thoughts enough and agreed. Boy, was it hard. It's all so recent. But I'm glad that I did. In some small way, it makes this whole experience have a tiny bit of good as a result.

I'm planning her funeral/celebration of life right now. I know that I wont want to do it after her body passes. Her spirit is already with God. I am eternally grateful for that.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-03-2015, 04:37 AM   #4012
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hugs and Prayers to Darlene....................
Old 11-03-2015, 04:38 AM   #4013
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--no grass cutting for me yesterday as I could not get the mower started. It has been struggling the last few times and just could not do it yesterday! I called the repair shop and they are going to come by today to look at it. I hope it is a easy (and inexpensive) fix and they do not need to take it in. It is a very large zero-turn mower.

I have a couple of errands to go today and tonight we are going to a boy's volleyball game--roomie's great-nephew's high school team is in the pre-state tournament.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!!!
Old 11-04-2015, 04:43 AM   #4014
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning friends! Thanks for thinking good thoughts for Emma - tools of the trade for living in the 'sticks. Two bottles of anti venom and $1200.00 did the trick - except as goofy as she is, my brother said she probably didn't learn much! He's grateful and I heard she slept in the BED last night *wink!*

Darlene - many prayers for you, friend. My heart just aches. It sounds like your input will be great insight for the NIH in the future as per developmental tools, as you spoke from the heart and from experience. I like how you think - even in this small way, you are passing on the baton of knowledge that will undoubtably make an impact. You have shown so much strength and love and courage - bless your heart from top to bottom. You are a champion for Amanda ♥
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:22 AM   #4015
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Wednesday. The tale of the grass mowing changed again as I tried to start it yesterday morning before the repair guy came; YES--it did start! So--I called to cancel the pick up and told him we would have it taken in after I am sure we are done for the season. I did cut the grass in the afternoon and it was beautiful out--mid 70's in November is a bonus!

The boys won their VB game last night--it was a blowout. It only lasted less than an hour--I had a bet with Shane--the dad--at the start as I knew it would be a quick night after the first few points. I said 7:55 and Shane said 8:00. It was done at 7:54. The team they played was from Madison, so their trip one way lasted longer than the match!

I am spending some time this morning in the stamp room and then am heading to my brother's house to visit him as he had hip replacement last week. He is doing well--he had knee replacement and the recovery did not go well. They are hoping that was due to issues with his hip and that everything be better in the future!

Have a Fantastic Hump Day Wednesday!!!
Old 11-04-2015, 05:45 AM   #4016

I'm rushing this morning - so much to do - so I won't comment to anything specific. I just wanted to check and let you all know that for the next month or so I won't be on SCS except when there's something specific I need to say or do.

We looked at our calendars yesterday - and with Thanksgiving at the end of the month it's sure going to be challenging to get volunteers to help us with the actual move from one house to the other - the furniture is the biggie. DH and I can move boxes. Plus right now we're in the midst of getting volunteers to paint the rooms, since they really need it. And packing. And. And. And.

I will check in when I can (but it's going to be scarce until we're in the new place)... I'll be thinking of you and wishing we could chat, but for now, other things need my attention.

Find Me on Instagram

mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:48 AM   #4017

((( Hugs for Darlene )))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 11-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #4018
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Ran to Ky- ~ 6 hours Saturday, back late last night. Folks are OK, but the house is not in the condition it used to be, and I did clean a touch but not too much...... We ran around alot. Mom has memory issues ALOT..... Yesterday, I took her to a China Painting meeting, just to say hello to her old coherts...... She will join them for the Christmas luncheon- but she has not painted for over a year, so I do not think that will start up again. I also helped her clean out her clothes in 3 closets and a dresser...... It was very upsetting to her to let go of some of the items. She has lost some weight and is down a size or two, so had many things that do not fit anymore..... I took her shopping to - they have a high end resale shop in the Cicninnati area called Snooty Fox- I took her there and she did SCORE!
I slept until noon today, so not sure if the situation is overall stressful, or if I am just catching up!

Stephi is having a strange problem- sounds muscular possibly just to the Rt and above her Rt shoulder blade area- she thinks its an oblique muscle, and I hope it is not a broken rib.......

I ended up with a root canal on Friday AM- feeling so much better- no more toothache!

Darlene- may God and his angels watch over you and your family. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and her condition. I remember hearing that when you are going thru something like this, it is like you are on a bus and everyone gets off and you stay on it- they all go on with their lives and have NO clue what you are going thru. SO, Hope you feel HUGS and will keep you all in prayers.

Lynn- scary about the Tornado being so close and the lightning strike- Yikes! Will there be any re-building in town?

Kelly- poor dog- so happy everything turned out OK, although expensive!

Maxine- hope the surgery brings relief for your elbow and that the lesion that is on call back recheck mode is OK! Fun times to have the Grans so close : )

Maggie- sorry about the co-worker and your darn IT dept! I do not know why they would block shopping or SCS sites- shouldn't you be able to access those sites on your lunch hour?? Can't you get on them on your phone? I cannot type well on my cell, but I can 'look'.......

Waving hello to all! Working the next few days, so may not be around much.

Shelly
Old 11-04-2015, 05:44 PM   #4019
Die Cut Diva

Darlene, I think Kelly and Shelly summed up everyone's feelings just perfect and what we're all thinking. Wish we lived closer to help out in some way but know you have a good support system now. Sending you the biggest hugs on the face of the earth.

Jeanette, you're going to be super busy for a while. Know you're excited about the move though.
Kelly, so glad the pup is ok now. How scary! I'm sure the money spent was just very minor when you think of the love your brother is giving her - and vice versa too! Well worth every cent!
Shelly, I'm sorry to hear your mom is having memory issues now. I know this is so hard on you being away from them. Hope Stephi is ok.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:48 AM   #4020
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Have a Awesome Day!
Old 11-06-2015, 06:24 AM   #4021
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Friday!

The weather has turned back to normal today and temps are to only be in the mid-40's--a bit of a change from the 70's we have had all week. I am heading out of town tonight to the state conference in Wisconsin Dells and I will check in when I can. A group of us have rented a 5 bedroom condo at the Kalahari and I am sure we will have a great time!

Hope you have a great weekend yourself!!!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #4022
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hello friends.

Lynn, I keep praying that Jim's recovery will continue. Maybe he's just plateaued for a while...then will show more progress in the future. It's so terrible how TX keeps getting hammered with drastic weather.

Jeanette, so happy for you and DH! Relieved that your move will be short this time & HOORAY for the dishwasher and stamping room!!! I have a negative balance in the creative dept right now, so no cute ideas on naming your room...maybe something about the forest...?

Yesterday I participated in a 90 minute interview as part of a National Institute of Health's research aimed at developing a decision making tool or resource for families of those who survive the initial phases of severe TBI (traumatic brain injury). The invitation came from one of the neurologists who treated Amanda in the initial weeks following her injury.

I thought about whether to participate or not-trying to determine what I could contribute. After a few days I had collected my thoughts enough and agreed. Boy, was it hard. It's all so recent. But I'm glad that I did. In some small way, it makes this whole experience have a tiny bit of good as a result.

I'm planning her funeral/celebration of life right now. I know that I wont want to do it after her body passes. Her spirit is already with God. I am eternally grateful for that.
Darlene, it really breaks my heart to hear you talk about Amanda's celebration of life. I'm so sorry that there wasn't a better outcome. A parent shouldn't have to bury their child, but I know that sometimes those things happen. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. Did they ever determine exactly how the accident happened? I know that you will make the service a joyous one full of fond memories.
International Art & Soul
Old 11-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #4023
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Ran to Ky- ~ 6 hours Saturday, back late last night. Folks are OK, but the house is not in the condition it used to be, and I did clean a touch but not too much...... We ran around alot. Mom has memory issues ALOT..... Yesterday, I took her to a China Painting meeting, just to say hello to her old coherts...... She will join them for the Christmas luncheon- but she has not painted for over a year, so I do not think that will start up again. I also helped her clean out her clothes in 3 closets and a dresser...... It was very upsetting to her to let go of some of the items. She has lost some weight and is down a size or two, so had many things that do not fit anymore..... I took her shopping to - they have a high end resale shop in the Cicninnati area called Snooty Fox- I took her there and she did SCORE!
I slept until noon today, so not sure if the situation is overall stressful, or if I am just catching up!

Stephi is having a strange problem- sounds muscular possibly just to the Rt and above her Rt shoulder blade area- she thinks its an oblique muscle, and I hope it is not a broken rib.......

I ended up with a root canal on Friday AM- feeling so much better- no more toothache!

Darlene- may God and his angels watch over you and your family. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and her condition. I remember hearing that when you are going thru something like this, it is like you are on a bus and everyone gets off and you stay on it- they all go on with their lives and have NO clue what you are going thru. SO, Hope you feel HUGS and will keep you all in prayers.

Lynn- scary about the Tornado being so close and the lightning strike- Yikes! Will there be any re-building in town?

Kelly- poor dog- so happy everything turned out OK, although expensive!

Maxine- hope the surgery brings relief for your elbow and that the lesion that is on call back recheck mode is OK! Fun times to have the Grans so close : )

Maggie- sorry about the co-worker and your darn IT dept! I do not know why they would block shopping or SCS sites- shouldn't you be able to access those sites on your lunch hour?? Can't you get on them on your phone? I cannot type well on my cell, but I can 'look'.......

Waving hello to all! Working the next few days, so may not be around much.

Shelly
Sorry to hear about your mom Shelly. Is your dad doing okay and able to look after her? Hope Stephi can figure out what is going on with her. Sorry about having the root canal. I understand they can be pretty brutal. Glad yours helped.

Everything is okay with the websites at work. I think it was just a glitch. It happened once before on another site. It was all okay on Monday.
International Art & Soul
Old 11-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #4024
Quacker Stamper

Late night here. I've been having some really serious computer issues and was going to have the Geek Squad come and fix it. But I found a group called Geekatoo and hired them. One of the techs started working on my original laptop at 3 PM and then when he got started on that one I asked him about the new Dell. He was able to get that one cleaned up. It had over 500 issues on it that had to get cleaned off. There are now 2 other guys still working on the original laptop. I tried to do a bunch of updates about 2 weeks ago and it wouldn't do them so they've been working on them for the last 4 or so hours. They're still at it. It will be so nice. It's great that they can work remotely, so I don't have to take it anywhere and they don't have to make an appointment to come to my house.

The kids are coming for dinner on Sunday so I need to get out in the a.m. tomorrow to the grocery store. I hope the rain holds off until I can get out and back home. I'm going to make Minestrone soup and salad.
International Art & Soul
Old 11-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #4025
Quacker Stamper

I can't even begin to tell you what a week I've had. I just want to go in my stamp room, shut the door, and just color and create. I had a dr. appt on Thursday and didn't get out of there until 5:30. My appt was at 2:30. Since it was rush hour traffic, I didn't get home until 7. The dr. is down in the Med Center and it's crazy there. I ended up staying home from work yesterday. I won't get into that right now.

The work on the laptops continued through today. The last tech (Mark) finished up about 6 PM tonight. We are both keeping our fingers crossed that all the issues are finally fixed and all the upgrades installed.

Meanwhile I've been getting a lot of organizing done around the house and getting rid of some things that were trash. This is not in my stamp room. I do feel more organized and less cluttered now. Got laundry done and got to the grocery store late morning in between rain showers and tech calls. The kids are coming for dinner tomorrow and I'm going to make Minestrone soup since it's supposed to get a little chilly tomorrow.

Oh, I've had 3 butterflies hatch. One yesterday that I got out of the hutch and it flew off. I got a little video of it this time flying away up into my pecan tree. It sat up there for a little while before it flew off hopefully to someplace warmer. Today 3 more hatched, but one had wings that didn't make it. That makes me sad. The other 2 didn't seem to be in a hurry to fly off. I tried to get one to go, but it wanted to hang around the hutch some more, so I put them both in there, but left the door open, so they can fly away whenever they want. That should do it for this year. These guys should fly away to warmer weather and not come back until Spring.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

International Art & Soul
Old 11-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #4026
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi girls! Back from the swamps! LOL! 3 days of camping in the Everglades with the Boy Scouts - oh my, was it HOT! I will try to get some pics up on FB but it's acting wonky for me! It was actually fun, and the memories they make are priceless ♥

Of course, that meant the only time I was actually standing still had zero card making! But it was nice not to be driving like Uber all over the place for a change!

Maggie, you sure have had your fair share of computer troubles, bless your heart. 4 hours!! I hope you made them a PB & J to tide them over 500 issues sounds like you may have to wipe your hard drive clean and just start fresh. That's what I did. It was like a brand new laptop, and all the stuff worth saving (digis, photos, etc) were in the backup hard drive.

I wish I had the time to read back up and do pray everyone is doing well!

Scattering hugs!
Old 11-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #4027
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post

Hi girls! Back from the swamps! LOL! 3 days of camping in the Everglades with the Boy Scouts - oh my, was it HOT! I will try to get some pics up on FB but it's acting wonky for me! It was actually fun, and the memories they make are priceless ♥

Of course, that meant the only time I was actually standing still had zero card making! But it was nice not to be driving like Uber all over the place for a change!

Maggie, you sure have had your fair share of computer troubles, bless your heart. 4 hours!! I hope you made them a PB & J to tide them over 500 issues sounds like you may have to wipe your hard drive clean and just start fresh. That's what I did. It was like a brand new laptop, and all the stuff worth saving (digis, photos, etc) were in the backup hard drive.

I wish I had the time to read back up and do pray everyone is doing well!

Scattering hugs!
Glad you had a fun time at your camp out. I've been on just enough to know that I don't like camping.

Oh, it was way more than 4 hours. They started at 3 PM on Friday night and got the last issue taken care of about 9 PM on Saturday night. We kept thinking it was all fixed and then another little issue would pop up and I'd have to get them back in to fix that one. I think now though that they are both in tip top shape. If not, I know where to find the guys to work on it. I should have wiped the new one clean; they sure didn't before sending it to me. I didn't have to feed them or anything. They work remotely from wherever they are. If they were here, they would not have been able to do all that they did and I really couldn't take it somewhere because they wouldn't be able to figure out all the little issues that popped up.
International Art & Soul
Old 11-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #4028
Quacker Stamper

Dinner with the kids was great. Everyone love the minestrone soup and they took a ton of the leftovers. The Dutch Oven pot was full to the brim. And they left me enough for 3 meals. I loved it to because it was so easy to make and didn't make a big mess of the kitchen. We played Uno Attack and had a fun time with that. Also, not sure if you saw on FB my new sleeper loveseat and the pink one that I was deciding if I wanted to keep or get rid of. Well, it was decided last night. I'm giving it to my DD for my DGS. He has a spot upstairs where they have a loveseat now, but it's old and falling apart and the springs are not good anymore. This one also fits his long body pretty good so he can stretch out on it. And since I inherited it from a GF a long time ago, I decided just to give it to them instead of selling it. If it were going to anyone else, I'd sell it for $150. They are going to come get it on Saturday.
International Art & Soul
ksmile1978 likes this post.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #4029
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Ladies--I am back from the conference and am trying to catch up with wash, emails, snail mail, newspapers, etc. I had a great time and I hope everyone here had a nice weekend and a great start to this week!
mschoener and ksmile1978 like this post.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #4030
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi!

I am sick and on voice rest tonight- sinus infection going on..... : (

I had part 2 of a root canal today, went to doc for antibiotics and steroids and then went to see a friend- 61 and was dx with cancer (spot on liver, pancreas and kidney) he came back into the hospital yesterday and had a stroke : (
So hard to see someone you know like that. His wife was very positive and encouraging.

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 11-10-2015, 06:01 PM   #4031
Die Cut Diva

Oh Shelly what a week you are having - hope you are better soon!!!
Sorry to hear your friend is so unwell.

I have been around, and will post again later when I have a bit more time - the darn computer is on the go slow at the moment, and is sooooooooo frustrating!!

Hugs and waves to you all from early summer sunshine
Old 11-10-2015, 10:46 PM   #4032
Die Cut Diva

So much for all the simple 'cures' that I know - the computer is still so slow it is not funny - I will give it too my Son in Law to try to work it out for me - we are going away for a four day weekend with (DH's) family tomorrow, so the timing is o.k. for it to be sorted.... I will be checking things from my phone while we are away, but I don't think I will have much time.

Kelly I always think of the everglades as being wet and soggy - so glad you survived

Maggie it sounds as though you had the right guys sorting your computer - well done! Hope your week at work is better this week.

Barb you sure do get around!! Enjoy your cooler weather while you can.

Praying for Darlene.

Excited for you Jeanette with this new phase of your life, and new house - safe moving!!

Lynn I hope you can balance all your work with some card making - it's hard when the work load increases and things get out of kilter.

Love to you all M
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #4033
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I am sick and on voice rest tonight- sinus infection going on..... : (

I had part 2 of a root canal today, went to doc for antibiotics and steroids and then went to see a friend- 61 and was dx with cancer (spot on liver, pancreas and kidney) he came back into the hospital yesterday and had a stroke : (
So hard to see someone you know like that. His wife was very positive and encouraging.

Hugs to all
Shelly
Sorry that you're sick Shelly. I hope you get better quickly. Sorry about your friend. That bites that has to deal with the cancer and now a stroke.
International Art & Soul
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:07 PM   #4034
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
So much for all the simple 'cures' that I know - the computer is still so slow it is not funny - I will give it too my Son in Law to try to work it out for me - we are going away for a four day weekend with (DH's) family tomorrow, so the timing is o.k. for it to be sorted.... I will be checking things from my phone while we are away, but I don't think I will have much time.

Kelly I always think of the everglades as being wet and soggy - so glad you survived

Maggie it sounds as though you had the right guys sorting your computer - well done! Hope your week at work is better this week.

Barb you sure do get around!! Enjoy your cooler weather while you can.

Praying for Darlene.

Excited for you Jeanette with this new phase of your life, and new house - safe moving!!

Lynn I hope you can balance all your work with some card making - it's hard when the work load increases and things get out of kilter.

Love to you all M
Hope you have a good time on your outing this weekend.

It's one of those crazy weeks. Just about everything that we had scheduled got cancelled. We did have a new client come in, so that's a good thing

I left work early today to come home for the A/C guy. Came to do the Fall checkup which was A OK!
International Art & Soul
Kiwime likes this post.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:16 AM   #4035
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--it is a dreary day here and we are expected to have snow flurries tonight! We are dog sitting this week while are friends are enjoying a golf vacation in Arizona!

I plan to spend some time in the stamp room today and we have some dinner plans tonight as roomie is taking a potential new hire for the for the college out for dinner and a informal interview.

Have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 11-12-2015, 05:39 PM   #4036
Die Cut Diva

Just checking in. All's fine here. I guess no news is good news!

Hope you're feeling better now Shelly.
Hope you got the computer issues fixed Maxine.
Time in the stamp room sounds good Barb.
You need to share your minestrone soup recipe Maggie! Sounds good.
Kelly, bless your heart for doing the camping with the scouts. Know it was fun though.
Waving hi to everyone else...................

Kristi - how are you liking the Scan N Cut?
Old 11-12-2015, 08:43 PM   #4037
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Just stopping in to say hi. I am on steroids and Antibiotics, so feeling a bit better- asthma is bothering me a bit...... The allergist suggests sinus surgery- not the intense one, turbinate reduction.... I may have to give it a go.....after the holidays.

My friend had a port put in for chemo, he will have 2 weeks of intensive PT, Speech and OT, then will start chemo. They also put in a filter to catch any new blood clots from passing on.

I had some fun coloring a sweet image last night- have so so many stamps that have not seen ink, so am going to get busy and try to make cards with them. It was perfect for my need of voice rest too.

So, did you get more rain in Texas? We had rain with high winds last night. Thunder and lightening too.

Heading out to browse on Pintrest, then hit a couple of blogs- I am behind....

Maxine, have a good trip : )

Barb- have a good dinner and hope you get lots of cards done.

Maggie- I was going to say- needing A/C now? We have the heat on.....Chilly today and we will have a heat wave- 62 out this Sunday : )

Waving hello to all

Shelly
Old 11-13-2015, 05:03 AM   #4038
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies--Happy Friday!

I am headed to the state boys volleyball tournament today--it is in Milwaukee and roomie's great-nephew is playing on the #1 ranked team. They have one match today and if they win, they play tomorrow morning and the finals are tomorrow night.

I hope everyone has a good day and has a nice weekend planned. Our temps are to be pretty nice, so we hope to do the final garden cleanup, bag some leaves and maybe even aerate the lawn.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:57 PM   #4039
Die Cut Diva

So horribly sad what's going on in Paris tonight! Pray for our world.
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:59 PM   #4040
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Just checking in. All's fine here. I guess no news is good news!

Hope you're feeling better now Shelly.
Hope you got the computer issues fixed Maxine.
Time in the stamp room sounds good Barb.
You need to share your minestrone soup recipe Maggie! Sounds good.
Kelly, bless your heart for doing the camping with the scouts. Know it was fun though.
Waving hi to everyone else...................

Kristi - how are you liking the Scan N Cut?
Here is a link to the recipe.

Jamie's Minestrone Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I made some changes. I used the containers of onion and celery that you can buy in the grocery store instead of having to chop them. I also used baby carrots and cut them in half across and then lengthwise. Hard to say how many I used. I used vegetable broth for my Vegetarian DGD, no red wine, 2 cans of kidney beans. I also used frozen green beans instead of canned. I also used a Penne pasta and added it to the soup right before serving.
International Art & Soul