Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #361
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
The doc gave me a HUGE dose of steroids today- seems now that it is time to get in the yard, my neck has decided...Nah...maybe not today...... They are making me feel quite a bit 'airheaded' like I took pain meds or something......I have never taken this whopping dose before.

I need to stop by blogs- but so air headed, it is taking me a while. Please be patient with me! Have a good evening!

Shelly
Oh sorry about the neck pain and the steroids. Was it a shot? I've never had the shots affect me in any bad way. I've been dealing with upper back/neck issues for some time now and not really sure what to do about it. I think massage would help and I bought a gadget to massage my back and neck, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I also bought a body length pad to massage your whole body. I really want to try that, but haven't had the time. I put heat on my upper back and neck every night before I go to bed to see if that will help, but it hasn't done much for it. I've gone to the chiropractor and to my massage lady, but I can't do those things every day. Not sure who else to see about it.

I got by blogs Tuesday night. Finally got some challenges linked up to my CCC card last night. It's a really busy week.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #362
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Oh!! I thought of something else that I do:

When embossing using plates or folders in the Big Shot or any similar machine:
Slightly dampen the card stock before embossing. It really makes the embossing much more defined. I keep a small, clean rag close by that is slightly damp, & blot the paper with it right before running it through the machine. If you are using thinner CS you may want to test this first, but with most thicker CS, this works great.

Hope this helps.
That's a new one. I've never heard about doing this. Next time I emboss I'm going to try it out. Thanks Darlene.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #363
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hello SCS Friends--late check in for me as I had an appointment early this morning, then did a bunch of shopping and errands--just got home a bit ago. Going to the family room to start to swap out the farm cards--there sure are some cuties in the packages! Tomorrow I am heading to the Scrapbook Expo, so I am not sure I will be on SCS in the morning. Then, we are heading out of town tomorrow night for the weekend, so if I do not make it back, have a wonderful weekend too!
Old 04-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #364
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Darlene that is a fab tip for embossing- and I have never thought of it! Awesome- will be doing this from now on!

Steroids are oral- I had pain in a shoulder>elbow then my fingers were all, so they gave me a huge dose pak for 10 days- 50 mg the 1st 2 days..... more than I have ever had at once...I stayed up half the night- wahoo- did not fight it, got up and made a card hehehe I do have to say- pain is much better today : )

Oh Kelly- so disappointing to not have the video upload- would sure be fun to watch : ) I am sure he did well- you have such an amazingly talented bunch of kids!

Barb- you sure are busy- the Scrapbook Expo sounds so fun! Hope you don't spend too much! Have a fab weekend : )

Maggie- the Physical Therapist told me heat (for me) will make me stiff- he said Chiropractors love heat- keeps the patients coming back. So, I am supposed to use ice. To be honest, I have had a heating pad on my bed the last couple of weeks for my shoulder. I turn it on for about 10 minutes or while I am praying...and/or while my mind wanders after I start praying.....Gotta say- really loved that last card Maggie!

Lynn- so great you can get out and do all of the yard work. Hope you (or Rambo) are not finding any more snakes this year! Yikes!

Jeanette- we are having a pretty nice day here- bit windy- or at least it was when I walked the dog! Does your son help you out in the yard with yardwork or planting/weeding at all? Your trip is getting closer and closer!

Waving Hi to everyone else!

Shelly
Old 04-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #365
Insane Embellisher

Hi everyone!
I'm caught up on all the goings on of you all. We had a busy weekend. I unexpectedly had to babysit my nephew (2 yrs old) for the first time by myself. Thankfully it went fine but it was the first time I've watched a child who wasn't sleeping! It was a big step for me to take but I couldn't let my sister miss a funeral because I was too scared to do it.

We had Easter dinner at my Mom's on Saturday because she worked on Sunday. We had a quiet dinner at home on Sunday and then we've been watching our baseball teams play each other again the last few nights. We will spend the weekend getting ready for our trip, we leave early Monday morning!

I'm hoping to scrap tomorrow night because I still have it in my head I can finish my goal of posting daily for this month LOL! I have 2 posts scheduled already but need a few more to meet my goal. I'm hoping to have a little downtime to catch up on blogs again over the weekend too!
Old 04-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #366
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Maggie, I thought Darlene's tip was fantastic, too! How are things going with you? I've been so busy lately I never seem to chat anymore.

Barb, have fun at the Expo and your weekend, too. Sounds like you're busy!

Tee Hee! Shelly, surely you weren't talking to me. EEK! I don't do anything outside - except rock in the chair on the porch. LOL! I don't play in dirt. I don't mow grass. I don't pull weeds. I don't garden. But I did marry a man who has a degree in Agriculture so he does ALL of those things. (Our Brock loves to go to the garden with his dad, but he just sits in the pickup and drinks Diet Mt. Dew or iced tea or water - and watches.)

Kristie, I'm sure your sister appreciates you conquering your fears so she could go to the funeral! Awesome!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 04-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #367
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, sorry about the health issues but glad you're feeling better now. Wish you hadn't even mentioned snake! Jim and I were sitting out back yesterday evening and Rambo was happily chewing on a bone. We looked and a rattlesnake was slithering across the side walk about 10 feet from us! Thank goodness Rambo didn't see it because he has absolutely no fear of snakes and this one would have nailed him! I jumped up and grabbed Rambo, threw him in the house, grabbed the shotgun, and Jim shot it! I can usually take just about anything but rattlers are not one of them. I'm petrified!!! It was only a small one about 2 feet long but just as deadly as a big one.

Darlene, I've never heard of the embossing/damp rag trick at all!!! I'm going to try it now and thanks for the tip!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #368
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi again : )

Kristi- exciting for you!

Jeanettte- hope I remember that and don't ask you again! Ray used to tease me when I was younger- I had to get ready to garden- not that I like to look good, but had to pull my hair back etc...and I am really allergic to Poison Ivy- and am a magnet- have to wear certain clothes.....long sleeves....

Oh Lynn......geepers- did you keep the snake to make stew or anything??? Goodness- imagine you would need more than one snake for stew, huh? Do you save the rattler when the snake is shot?

Ok- off to bed- working tomorrow, then off to my friend and SU demo's for a fun evening of stamping and laughing : )

Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:55 AM   #369
Mad Swapper

Hi - you have all been busy - as have I - DD had two sick children, so they went home yesterday and I came back today... but for all that, we had a wonderful day on Wednesday for our Anniversary Dinner and afternoon. Lots of food and fun and great company!!

I discovered today that this video from Penny Black has Gelatos featured on it - you may be interested in it as that was a topic of conversation a week or so ago - did it ever become a TAT for April??

Lynn - glad to hear you and Jim got the snake and it did not get you!!

Shelly - get well soon - that prednisone sounds fun - I have had it once, but not quite that strong. - I had a friend that could live on only 2 hours sleep when she needed it for her asthma, and it was amazing the cross-stitch she got done during those nights!

Darlene I know you will be able to think somewhat more clearly when all this is behind you, and we all understand - we look forward to seeing you back here in full cry once again.

Maggie it sounds as though your back and shoulder give you quite some pain - you take care of yourself, y'hear!!

Kelly, nice to see you popping bye - waving to you from down under.

Barb I am looking forward to seeing your watercolour card - hopefully I will be blog hopping in the next 24 hours or so and see them all.

Thank you all for your encouraging comments on my blog

Hi to anyone I have missed - it is not intentional

My stamping tip - it you have to remove a layer,(or elements) if you have used tape, heat it with the heat gun, and it softens the glue and the element comes off more easily, and with less damage. Sometimes it is easier to remove it by heating from the back.

Will be able to pop in for a couple more days, and then we have DS and family here for three days....
Old 04-25-2014, 06:27 AM   #370

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

It's nearly here! It's nearly here!
The WEEKEND is nearly here...... and it's going to be fun, Fun, FUN!!!

FYI - I will be gone all day tomorrow for a meeting in the city, so I won't be in the threads all weekend.

Lynn, oh my! A rattlesnake? I would have been petrified!

Shelly, that's okay... I'll remind you again should you forget and it will give me a nice chuckle just thinking about myself in the dirt - which my DH says isn't really dirt, it's "soil". LOL! Funny story - he doesn't grow flowers. Says if you can't eat it, why grow it. So I used to want flowers and I would try to plant them. I would stick one plant in the potter or flower bed - and then WASH my hands (EEEWWW!!! Can't stand the dirt, ummm... I mean SOIL). Then I would plant another flower........... wash my hands. Another...... then wash. You get the idea. I decided I don't like flowers enough to go through all that.

Maxine, that is such a clever tip. Brilliant!

Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 04-25-2014 at 07:17 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 07:24 AM   #371
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA this week - just been busy with stuff, although it does not feel like I accomplished anything!! How can that be?? I have 3 birthday's and Mother's Day in the span of 2 weeks - so I've been trying to make sure I have enough ready to go cards.
Barb - have fun at the Scrapbook Expo - wish we had something like that around here. When I lived in California I went to several stamp conventions each year and loved it. The closest one near me is in Orlando - which is a full day's drive from where I am. Wish they had something in New Orleans - it's only 3 hours from me.

Shelly - hope you are feeling better!

Stamping tips: As soon as you get a background stamp, stamp a bunch of images in different cardstock (scraps are even better) with different inks and you will have some ready to go pieces.

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Old 04-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #372
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Darlene that is a fab tip for embossing- and I have never thought of it! Awesome- will be doing this from now on!

Steroids are oral- I had pain in a shoulder>elbow then my fingers were all, so they gave me a huge dose pak for 10 days- 50 mg the 1st 2 days..... more than I have ever had at once...I stayed up half the night- wahoo- did not fight it, got up and made a card hehehe I do have to say- pain is much better today : )

Oh Kelly- so disappointing to not have the video upload- would sure be fun to watch : ) I am sure he did well- you have such an amazingly talented bunch of kids!

Barb- you sure are busy- the Scrapbook Expo sounds so fun! Hope you don't spend too much! Have a fab weekend : )

Maggie- the Physical Therapist told me heat (for me) will make me stiff- he said Chiropractors love heat- keeps the patients coming back. So, I am supposed to use ice. To be honest, I have had a heating pad on my bed the last couple of weeks for my shoulder. I turn it on for about 10 minutes or while I am praying...and/or while my mind wanders after I start praying.....Gotta say- really loved that last card Maggie!

Lynn- so great you can get out and do all of the yard work. Hope you (or Rambo) are not finding any more snakes this year! Yikes!

Jeanette- we are having a pretty nice day here- bit windy- or at least it was when I walked the dog! Does your son help you out in the yard with yardwork or planting/weeding at all? Your trip is getting closer and closer!

Waving Hi to everyone else!

Shelly
Yes, it's hard to know which to use. There are differing opinions for each and depends on what is causing the pain. I did try using my new hand held massager on my upper shoulder and neck. I think it really helped a bit. I'm going to try to do that every night. Then put some heat on it.

Thank you.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #373
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm caught up on all the goings on of you all. We had a busy weekend. I unexpectedly had to babysit my nephew (2 yrs old) for the first time by myself. Thankfully it went fine but it was the first time I've watched a child who wasn't sleeping! It was a big step for me to take but I couldn't let my sister miss a funeral because I was too scared to do it.

We had Easter dinner at my Mom's on Saturday because she worked on Sunday. We had a quiet dinner at home on Sunday and then we've been watching our baseball teams play each other again the last few nights. We will spend the weekend getting ready for our trip, we leave early Monday morning!

I'm hoping to scrap tomorrow night because I still have it in my head I can finish my goal of posting daily for this month LOL! I have 2 posts scheduled already but need a few more to meet my goal. I'm hoping to have a little downtime to catch up on blogs again over the weekend too!
Oh, so glad that your 2 yo nephew didn't give you any problems. Little ones are hard for me because I can't really get down to their level to play or it's hard to pick them up when needed.

I'm sure you're going to have a blast on your Disney trip! Such fun.

Wow! No way could I do a post every day - not with having to work all day. I can barely get my commitments done.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #374
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Hello SCS Friends--late check in for me as I had an appointment early this morning, then did a bunch of shopping and errands--just got home a bit ago. Going to the family room to start to swap out the farm cards--there sure are some cuties in the packages! Tomorrow I am heading to the Scrapbook Expo, so I am not sure I will be on SCS in the morning. Then, we are heading out of town tomorrow night for the weekend, so if I do not make it back, have a wonderful weekend too!
Have fun at the Expo. Maybe better leave the credit card and check book at home. Have a fun weekend.
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #375
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Maggie, I thought Darlene's tip was fantastic, too! How are things going with you? I've been so busy lately I never seem to chat anymore.

Barb, have fun at the Expo and your weekend, too. Sounds like you're busy!

Tee Hee! Shelly, surely you weren't talking to me. EEK! I don't do anything outside - except rock in the chair on the porch. LOL! I don't play in dirt. I don't mow grass. I don't pull weeds. I don't garden. But I did marry a man who has a degree in Agriculture so he does ALL of those things. (Our Brock loves to go to the garden with his dad, but he just sits in the pickup and drinks Diet Mt. Dew or iced tea or water - and watches.)

Kristie, I'm sure your sister appreciates you conquering your fears so she could go to the funeral! Awesome!
Things are going well for a working girl.

I love to garden and I'm so annoyed that it's hard for me to do that now. I need to go back to the nursery and see if I can get a replacement shrub. One that I have in the front didn't make it. If they don't have one like it, I may get 4 new different ones and rearrange them. Right now I'm having to water every other day.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #376
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Shelly, sorry about the health issues but glad you're feeling better now. Wish you hadn't even mentioned snake! Jim and I were sitting out back yesterday evening and Rambo was happily chewing on a bone. We looked and a rattlesnake was slithering across the side walk about 10 feet from us! Thank goodness Rambo didn't see it because he has absolutely no fear of snakes and this one would have nailed him! I jumped up and grabbed Rambo, threw him in the house, grabbed the shotgun, and Jim shot it! I can usually take just about anything but rattlers are not one of them. I'm petrified!!! It was only a small one about 2 feet long but just as deadly as a big one.

Darlene, I've never heard of the embossing/damp rag trick at all!!! I'm going to try it now and thanks for the tip!
Yikes!! I HATE snakes. No way would I stick around with one around. I've had little garden snakes come in my yard before, but one of my hunter kitties would take are of it. Glad you were able to get Rambo out of the way.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #377
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Kristi- exciting for you!

Jeanettte- hope I remember that and don't ask you again! Ray used to tease me when I was younger- I had to get ready to garden- not that I like to look good, but had to pull my hair back etc...and I am really allergic to Poison Ivy- and am a magnet- have to wear certain clothes.....long sleeves....

Oh Lynn......geepers- did you keep the snake to make stew or anything??? Goodness- imagine you would need more than one snake for stew, huh? Do you save the rattler when the snake is shot?

Ok- off to bed- working tomorrow, then off to my friend and SU demo's for a fun evening of stamping and laughing : )

Shelly
Have a fun time.

One of my niece's is very allergic to Poison Ivy also and they have a bunch growing back along their fence line. They have a huge back yard. She asked me at the Family Easter gathering for the name of my yard man. She was going to get an estimate of what it would cost for him to come in and clear it all out. Haven't checked with her to see if he came by yet.

Have fun tonight with your stamping and laughing!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:27 PM   #378
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, thanks for the link for the video......I'm going to be watching it in a few minutes.

Nancy, glad you checked in and sounds like you're just super busy right now. Great tip on the background stamps. I've never even thought of that and it's a good idea. I usually put my background stamps in a drawer and then forget I have them until after a card is finished. Maybe this would help me.

You ladies and digging in the dirt!!! LOL!!! HA! Y'all need to come stay with me in the spring. You'd have to get used to it really quick!
Oh I'm petrified of rattlesnakes too. There's not a lot of things that scare me really bad, but that's one! No stew Shelly.....Sorry! LOL! I do know people that have eaten it before though.....my brother and also Jim. They both say it just tastes like white chicken meat. UCK! Just knowing what I was eating I'd throw up in a heartbeat. And no, this worthless cat we haven't done keep them away at all! LOL! She's way too lazy for anything like that. In fact, when it slithered across the sidewalk, she walked over about 6 foot from it, sniffed, and then walked off. Maybe she's just smart though.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:45 AM   #379
Gabfest Goddess

Morning!!

Nancy, good to see you & that is a great tip on Background Stamps. I love mine & use them often.

Maxine, what a great tip on removing panels from cards - thanks!

Lynn, about that rattler...all I can say is "EWWWWW". Thank goodness Rambo didn't see it & your cat seems to know better. "Tastes just like chicken" haha don't people always say that?!

Well, rainy, chilly weekend here so no gardening for me. Sounds like a perfect excuse to clean up my clutter in my stamping area and get creative. I'll let you know how successful it is LOL

Maggie, dont strain your back or shoulders putting in those 4 replacement shrubs, ok?

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 04-26-2014, 05:43 AM   #380
Quacker Stamper

Good morning.

It's going to be a struggle Darlene, and I may put in a call to my yard man to come do it. Woke up this morning with all kinds of aches and pains. It's H*&& getting older. I do still have to get some weeding done so he can come mulch everything.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #381
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Good morning.

It's going to be a struggle Darlene, and I may put in a call to my yard man to come do it. Woke up this morning with all kinds of aches and pains. It's H*&& getting older. I do still have to get some weeding done so he can come mulch everything.
It sure is! I took a hard fall over a week ago, and am still feeling it in my lower back. Years ago, it would have only bothered me a day or two.

Take care of yourself, Maggie.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 04-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #382
Mad Swapper

Getting old is not for whimps!!!!

I had a tantrum-ing child kick me as I carried them last week and my leg is black and blue all over, and there was also a haematoma form, so I am wearing an ever so elegant compression stocking at the moment.

n.b. Child's mother was horrified and child was disciplined - and photos taken "for their 21st"... we will get our revenge
Old 04-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #383
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hello! Made it through Friday with little sleep and my SU nite- it was fun, we laugh alot and the projects were so nice! Love my Friend Kim : ) And, got ~ 6 hours of sleep finally- really felt refreshed during the day today. Have ALOT of stamping to accomplish tomorrow, so have to gear up!

We watched Frozen tonight- everyone is raving about it, so had to see it. We got online and got a Redbox coupon code, so it was free : )

Maxine so sorry the kids were sick- and ouch for the big bruise and hematoma. I saved a white blouse Katie did artwork with markers on...for one day when she has her own child : ) She also carved a star on the footboard of a brand new bedroom set....... Loving your tip on getting tape off easier- I am always ripping layers apart! Thanks for the tutorial link- will go check that out. I have a card made- will post it in a few days.

Maggie- sorry for your pains! I am feeling great in my joints with all of these meds- will see how long it lasts- but am living each hour feeling Thankful for the decrease in pain and hope it keeps up when the meds are done! Hoping you are able to get one more of the shrubs too.

Nancy- that is such a great idea for backgrounds- plus- if you do not use a stamp for a while and there is something wrong with it......that has happened to me once or twice. I suggest lightly writing in pencil the name of the BG stamp, since my memory is soooo bad! I have tons of Technique Junkies samples of techniques I have made, and have no clue what the heck they are or how I made them!

Lynn- I do not think I could eat rattlesnake either, but I guess if I did not know what I was eating- ugggggg. SOunds as though you have lots of outside yardwork to do.

Darlene- I think the rain will be here tomorrow- did you get any sorting done?

Jeanette- well, another week closer to your trip- hope the planning is going well! Oh, I do not like my hands getting dirty either- esp 'soil' under my fingernails- so wear gloves. Ink all over my fingers does not bother me though- how about you?

Kelly- what R u up to this weekend?

Kristie- Disney is soon! So great to get away!

Barb- what did you get?

So many storms in the south- I think the rain will be heading towards our lil part of the world tomorrow PM. April showers....bring May flowers : )

Waving Hello- hope i did not miss anyone!
Shelly
Old 04-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #384
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi again : )

Maxine- great video link! I love the texture and bright colors : ) I bough a set of the kids Gelato's (I have one already) and am going to post them on my blog when my card goes up......Feeling so blessed lately, I thought it would be fun to share......

Hope everyone has a Blessed Sunday!

Shelly
Old 04-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #385
Insane Embellisher

Happy day here - it's packing day! I finally made a long list last night so hopefully I won't forget anything. It's also sunny and not windy, a first in several days although I think we will be in shock tomorrow since it's supposed to be in the 90's every day. We haven't had temps above the 50's in weeks.

Shelly - Glad you are feeling good on the meds. Yay for a fun night of stamping!

Nancy - I have a card making friend from another group that mentioned the Orlando expo to me. She said I should have taken a day off from Disney to go, wish I knew about it sooner! I'm sure hubby could have filled his day with all the rides I won't go on lol. Great tip about the background stamps.

Lynn - EEEEK on the snake!! I think the entire neighborhood would know if I saw one. We had a mouse in our house several years ago, it came up through the stove. I screamed my head off lol. I'm glad you were able to get Rambo out of the way. My silly dog would probably go right for it if she noticed. A few birthdays ago, she got sprayed by a skunk at my parents. My stepdad swore she'd never go near a skunk again -oh she has tried! She wants to be friends with everyone!

Maxine - Ouch on the bruise. Glad you were able to have some family time!

Barb - Inquiring minds want to know how the expo was. I saw a picture of Bella Blvd's booth (not sure if it was the same expo?), oh how I would love to shop in it!

Jeanette - I love pretty flowers but I am not a fan of getting my hands dirty either lol. My stepdad started talking about us putting in a garden, both my mother and I burst out laughing and I asked if he was going to take care of it for me too. We can barely keep the yard clean, nevermind trying to grow anything since I won't dig (worms, ewww!)

Maggie - hope the aches and pains are gone today.

Hello to everyone else! I better go and get started on my list.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #386
Pearl-ExPert

Quick check in here but it sounds like everyone is doing ok. I finally broke down and got a card made this morning.........one of those so-so type cards but it's done. Going to try and get back there in the cave after while again but really needed to get some things done in the yard. That's a never ending deal this time of year. Got it mowed (at least the parts that almost had grass) while Jim was doing other things. I'm thinking he's always finding something else to do about that time! LOL! Haven't seen anymore snakes - and don't want to either.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 04-27-2014, 12:26 PM   #387
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
It sure is! I took a hard fall over a week ago, and am still feeling it in my lower back. Years ago, it would have only bothered me a day or two.

Take care of yourself, Maggie.
Oh no. Sorry Darlene. I hope it gets to feeling better soon.

That is one thing that really concerns me - is a fall. I've never had a broken bone and don't want to start now. I really try not to climb up on anything that might cause me to fall.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #388
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Getting old is not for whimps!!!!

I had a tantrum-ing child kick me as I carried them last week and my leg is black and blue all over, and there was also a haematoma form, so I am wearing an ever so elegant compression stocking at the moment.

n.b. Child's mother was horrified and child was disciplined - and photos taken "for their 21st"... we will get our revenge
Oh no Maxine! That's terrible. I am glad to hear that the child was disciplined. Funny about the "21st" photo. That could be embarrassing when they get married and have their 1st child. I've been told by doctors that when you have a bruise, there are 3 things to do. Immediately put ice on it to reduce swelling, massage gently some olive oil over the area and put heat on it to draw the blood to the surface where it will dissipate.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #389
Quacker Stamper

Happy Sunday. The weather here is beautiful today and was also gorgeous yesterday - a little cloudy but lots of sun and wind to keep the temps down a little bit. At least it doesn't feel like it's 86!

Yesterday was busy. I started out at 9:30 off to Buchanan's (nursery). I wanted to get a new shrub for the front since one of mine died, but they didn't have any so I went ahead and bought 4 new ones. I'll have the yard man put them in alternating, so I'll have 4 new ones and 3 old ones alternating back and forth. They both will eventually have flowers on them, so should be pretty when they start growing and flowering. I picked up a couple more plants for the beds. The 2 Fushias I had growing in the front flower bed were not doing well out there. Very dry and too much sun. They like the shade. I got a new plant to put where they were and dug them up and put them in pots. This morning they look much happier, so I hope that I was able to save them. They will be patio plants.

After picking up a few things at the grocery store, I came home and started weeding in the back flower beds. I had called my yard man and told him I wanted him to come mulch all the beds and trees and shrubs a week from Monday when I get back from CA. I'm off that day, so it will be a good one for him to come so I can show him how I want the shrubs.

I worked in the beds for 3 1/2 hours and almost finished the front one. I'll get up early and do that next Monday before they bring the mulch. I transplanted a few other plants. I had to fix the edge bricks along the bed on the side of the patio. They were laying flat which let the water and soil come out of the bed when I was watering, so I turned them all around to be longwise on their sides so it looks much better and the soil now will stay inside the bed when I water.

I am a bit sore today, but I'm sure it'll be gone in a day or two. It was worth it to get all that work done.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #390
Quacker Stamper

I thought I'd show you some of my pictures. My rose bed is looking fabulous! The bushes are covered in roses, the peach tea rose is just starting to put buds out. My Bottlebrush bush is also full of blooms. The white cat is Glinda. She likes to sleep in that flower bed. Luckily, she doesn't disturb any of the plants. The other kitty is Ralph. He's pretty nice although he chases Chloe away all the time when she comes to eat. Maybe why she doesn't come very often. I thought he looked funny with his chin resting on the patio. The plant is one of the Fushias that I transplanted yesterday. I think it was Lynn that wanted to see my Columbine, but not sure.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 013 (3).jpg (52.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Columbine & Glinda.jpg (52.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Rose bed.jpg (60.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #391
Quacker Stamper

After I got done with the outside and got showered, I grabbed a snack. DD and DGD came to pick me up about 5:45. We went to a concert that SIL was singing in over at the San Jacinto College. It's about 45 minutes away from here. The Choir is called ConSono. That's the way they spell it with the capital S. The man who is the director is also the Music Director at San Jac College. The San Jac Women's Choir, Men's Choir, and their Corale were also performing. It was great. They are not large groups, but they have very powerful voices. The ConSono choir is by invitation and you have to audition for it. It was great too because I saw a couple that used to be in our Ward and moved up to The Woodlands. She sings in the choir also. We also ran into a girl that we used to know many years ago in the Singles Branch before my DD got married. Her sister is married to the Director. Got home close to 10, so a late night. I was tired. Today I'm sore.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:32 AM   #392

Good Morning Stamp Addicts!

Loved reading the thread this morning! And Maggie, what pretty pictures!

Maxine and Darlene, take care of yourselves. Sounds like some sore spots!

Kristie, enjoy your trip!

Waving at everyone else...... since I need to run. It's time for the morning commute!

Hugs!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-28-2014, 06:03 AM   #393
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well Good Morning! Says she who is leaving in 10 minutes! I wanted to at least raise my Starbucks in cheers and say hello!

Oh Shelly, what was I up to this weekend - more like what was I not up too, lol! It was eventful and way too compacted, but that's my life, it seems! Friday started out not too well - we were in car accident. We are all fine, except my son did get hurt. A man blew into our lane and semi-side swiped the side of my Jeep (yes, the only remaining car I have!) His shoulder hit the roll bar on the impact and bruised it all up, but with some ice, rest and love, he was fine by the next day. THe car is fine except some cosmetic things which he will have to fix. Thankfully he has insurance.

OHHHHH! Rememember that accident I witnessed where the guy hit the lady? THey called me several times. Looks like they are going to go to court, possibly. I don't know how many statements I've given. I hope she pursues it and gets her damage fixed. He wasn't even supposed to be on the road.

Which was a good thing, since he had TaeKwanDo tournament!! He did fine and did his form spot on. Now in Septmeber is his final stage of testing. It takes 2 years! Then we zipped over to the county clean up site I had requested to clean up the Bay - its' a wonderful event each year and the kids get community service hours. Except we wade into knee high muck and stinky water and it's REALLY gross!! The most embarrassing part of that is they put on a theater play as part of the after entertainment and the 'king' was missing his 'queen' - you guess it, they picked ME out of the crowd to be the queen. It was SOOOOOOOO embarrassing!! My kids too pix and video all the while I was just about dying. But all in good fun, right?

Yesterday we went to a water park in the Keys and it was so relaxing and wonderful.
A good weekend, albeit a busy one!

Love to all - will catch up in a bit as I've got to get some of the Hamsters to their new home

x0x0
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 04-28-2014, 06:13 AM   #394

Hello Queen Kelly! Yikes! What a weekend. I'm so sorry to hear of your accident and little man's injuries. Glad they weren't worse, but still... must be quite traumatic! (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #395
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--it still is morning here and I am finally getting to posting on SCS-Whew!

The Scrapbook Expo on Friday was great--I took a class on glittering and it was fun. Good shopping too--who can resist a booth with patterned paper for 25 cents each! There were some pretty cool booths and I won a door prize at the A*Muse booth

We got home late last night and it was a long, tiring weekend.......... Trying to catch up on everything this morning, doing wash, answering 4 days of emails, and checking snail mail too. The weather is icky today--raining and very windy with the forecast to stay that way all week! I am off in a bit to take a swap to the post office and then a dentist appointment.

I hope you all had a great weekend and a good start to the new week!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #396
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maggie--what great pictures. That will be us........................in about 2 months!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #397
Pearl-ExPert

Good Monday morning!!
Well - yesterday ended up being a relaxing day for me and the hubs. Normally my Sunday is spent cleaning house, doing laundry and catching up on paperwork. But yesterday the hubs wanted to "take a Sunday drive" along the coast and who am I to turn down that!! I got about half the laundry done before we left. Drove along the coast for about 2 hours, stopped and did a little shopping, had lunch and headed on back at a leisurely pace. It was very relaxing. When I got home I did the rest of the laundry but passed on cleaning the house!!I'll have to do a little bit today and finish on some paperwork to get caught up.

Kelly - the waterpark sounds great - we are certainly having the weather for it!
Maggie. The concert sounds wonderful! And thanks for sharing your garden photos. Your roses look fantastic.

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Old 04-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #398
Mini Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I thought I'd show you some of my pictures. My rose bed is looking fabulous! The bushes are covered in roses, the peach tea rose is just starting to put buds out. My Bottlebrush bush is also full of blooms. The white cat is Glinda. She likes to sleep in that flower bed. Luckily, she doesn't disturb any of the plants. The other kitty is Ralph. He's pretty nice although he chases Chloe away all the time when she comes to eat. Maybe why she doesn't come very often. I thought he looked funny with his chin resting on the patio. The plant is one of the Fushias that I transplanted yesterday. I think it was Lynn that wanted to see my Columbine, but not sure.

OK I went back to some of your old posts, not just here but thru the way you can thru SCS and woo hoo I saw the px oh sweet kitty : ) and the flowers again the fence look so pretty

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 04-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #399
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, so glad y'all are all ok! Scary!! The water park sounds like super fun! And how does it feel to be queen for the day! LOL!

Maggie, loved the pictures. Your columbine looks 100% better than mine! Yikes! Can't figure out if they're getting too much sun or not enough. One is in the direct sun and one in only partial. They just look straggly! We were up to 99 yesterday so that's not helping matters either I'm sure. Way too hot already!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #400
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Well Good Morning! Says she who is leaving in 10 minutes! I wanted to at least raise my Starbucks in cheers and say hello!

Oh Shelly, what was I up to this weekend - more like what was I not up too, lol! It was eventful and way too compacted, but that's my life, it seems! Friday started out not too well - we were in car accident. We are all fine, except my son did get hurt. A man blew into our lane and semi-side swiped the side of my Jeep (yes, the only remaining car I have!) His shoulder hit the roll bar on the impact and bruised it all up, but with some ice, rest and love, he was fine by the next day. THe car is fine except some cosmetic things which he will have to fix. Thankfully he has insurance.

OHHHHH! Rememember that accident I witnessed where the guy hit the lady? THey called me several times. Looks like they are going to go to court, possibly. I don't know how many statements I've given. I hope she pursues it and gets her damage fixed. He wasn't even supposed to be on the road.

Which was a good thing, since he had TaeKwanDo tournament!! He did fine and did his form spot on. Now in Septmeber is his final stage of testing. It takes 2 years! Then we zipped over to the county clean up site I had requested to clean up the Bay - its' a wonderful event each year and the kids get community service hours. Except we wade into knee high muck and stinky water and it's REALLY gross!! The most embarrassing part of that is they put on a theater play as part of the after entertainment and the 'king' was missing his 'queen' - you guess it, they picked ME out of the crowd to be the queen. It was SOOOOOOOO embarrassing!! My kids too pix and video all the while I was just about dying. But all in good fun, right?

Yesterday we went to a water park in the Keys and it was so relaxing and wonderful.
A good weekend, albeit a busy one!

Love to all - will catch up in a bitht as I've got to get some of the Hamsters to their new home

x0x0
So sorry about the accident and glad that they had insurance. So many times around here they are illegals and don't have any insurance so it's up to you to pay to have it fixed. Glad that your DS was not seriously injured. I can't wait to hear whether you have to go testify for that lady. I know that you will be a big help to her.

LOL! Queen Kelly of the Muck! That's funny that you were all mucked up earlier in the day and then got to be Queen for the Night! Are we going to see those pics on FB or here? I guess you had to go to the water park and get all that muck cleaned off you.

Where are the Hamsters going to live?