Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #3521
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Oh, Kelly... how did I miss that? I didn't remember/realize you're now raising your niece. I'm sure you are a real joy to her, and that you face the challenges that creates with the loving grace as an incredible Mom.

Lynn, the snow is pretty - well, until it gets dirty. Want to come visit?

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #3522
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, I didn't know that either! I just know that the coming years with her will be wonderful.

No, Jeanette, I'll let you keep the dirty snow! LOL! Snow is kinda like puppies........puppies grow up to be dogs and snow gets dirty! LOL! I know that it must be pretty though right after it falls.

Lynn
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #3523
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Lynn!

Kelly, so glad that everyone is getting better in your family. What a miserable and frightening virus!

Prayers for success with your niece. We also took in a lifelong friend of our son. Helping him navigate through middle school, high school and college. He has been graduated from college for almost 4 years now. His birth mother and sister live in IN and he is now living with them. His mom pulled her life together (or as he puts it: "for now anyway") and we're so happy that he gets to have some happy memories of his birth family. But it was a really rough go of it for about 15 years. Hang in there, because you CAN make a difference in her life!!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 12-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #3524
Die Cut Diva

Happy New Year Everyone - it has started here and looking good!! (so far) The humidity has broken, thankfully, so life is more pleasant. We saw the New Year in - lights out, but the local fireworks were going - not too bad - but my back was not letting me sleep.... again. It's nothing major, just an irritated nerve in my leg as a result of a fall years ago.

Kelly that sounded a terrible bug - very skeery! Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Lynn I would love to have you come live near me The volcanoes are pretty tame, and the earthquakes are not that common !! You do get used to them!!

Coffee - I have plenty thankfully - I class that as an essential so have a good stash!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #3525
Stazon Splitcoast

I have coffee!! In fact, Santa brought me a new Keurig for Christmas so we can each pass around the k-cup tray and pick something yummy! Plus, we have the pool ...... sunshine ..... lots of yummy snacks for tonight's dinner And champagne if that's your choice!

Maxine, thank you for posting your year in review! You inspired me to finally get mine up! I just posted it and had a BLAST!! I say that every single year and every single year I do not post it, rofl - 2012 DONE!

Blessings!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #3526
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts!

Been enjoying a great day off after getting home last night. Was able to sleep in a bit this morning and finally got out to the grocery store this afternoon. My sis is having a NYE get together tomorrow afternoon, so it'll be a quiet night tonight. I've got some things in the freezer that I'm going to take and making a Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake to take along.

She said to bring board games along, so I'll have to see what I have. Not sure how many will be there either. I debated about whether to go or not but I need to take my sis her Christmas gifts and I'm pretty sure my niece and nephew will be there that took care of my house while I was gone, so I need to take care of them also.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #3527
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Waving hello!
I'm back from spending Christmas at our DD's and enjoying lots of snuggles with our DGD. We actually ended up staying a couple of extra days, as DH needed a stent put in after an angiogram procedure with his cardiologist. So he had an unexpected hospital stay. Then the day he got out there was a winter weather advisory and 5 inches of snow!

Tomorrow I need to get my stamp room organized and then I hope to start creating again. I'm going to look for some sketches to get my mojo going again.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas gatherings and now we are headed into a new year! I don't make resolutions, but does anyone else make some? I have decided that I am going to join weight watchers online after the start of the new year. Wish me luck!
Sorry Paige, I hope that your DH is doing much better now.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 12-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #3528
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Hi Fellow Stamp Addicts! I've been missing for days - been enjoying my kiddos and now that they have both gone home, I'm trying to catch up. LOL!

Maggie, I used to love to fly Southwest. At the end of the flight, as they were landing... when the wheels touched down, they'd play a recording of a horse galloping and the voice from the cockpit would say, "Whoa Bessie". It always cracked me up.
They really crack me up. They are very friendly and down to earth. This time one of the stewardesses sang on take off. And when she was handing out the peanuts and cookie packages, she'd call them different names - Western burger, etc.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 12-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #3529
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Sorry I have been MIA, but have been busy with life generally - I got 5 cards made and away to a customer just after Christmas, and then another 6 made this week - and forgot to photograph them before I gave them to my DD (she buys off me too). Thankfully she will take photos of 5 of them for me - the last one was for me and it was all written in and sealed!!

The weather here has been hot and humid with rain a lot of the days - the lawn looked like a hay paddock until yesterday - and that was in 9 days!

Today we spent the day with DD and family, who are holidaying about an hour away, and DS and his family came too - it was a lovely day, but now I am about to try and go to sleep... I say try as it is so hot still.

I have been lurking a bit.

Shelly it is DH's lung condition that causes the distress - he is becoming much less tolerant of heat and cold I have noticed. The only place to get higher would be to go to the mountains, and they are not cheap to stay at, and I am not sure I would be too keen on staying long on active volcanoes anyway!!
Maxine, I think you're the only person I know who has talked about it being hot over this Christmas holiday. Everyone else seems to be talking about the cold, rainy or snowy weather.

I hope your DH is doing better. I sure hope you have A/C in your house so he doesn't have to be subject to the heat all the time.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 12-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #3530
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Here's a link to the recipe:

Tracey's Culinary Adventures: Bacon-Jalapeņo Cheese Ball

One of my cats will come and sit by my chair and stare at me when she thinks it is my bedtime - usually between 8:30 and 9:00, although she sometimes shows up earlier! She also wakes me up whenever she wants me to get up - many times way too early, even for me!
My Siamese boy cat does that. He sleeps in my bedroom with me and when I'm in my stamp room working about 10 PM he comes in to tell me it's time for bed. He's sure a talker too.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 12-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #3531
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good Morning! Here's to the last day of 2013!

Yes, Lynn, was very very sick -- picked up the bug that went through the choral trip I chaperoned earlier this month. T he kids were all dropping like flies and it came my way on the 21 - by the 22nd of Dececmber, I could not even stand up or breath. The nebuzilier wouldn't get my breathing back and was minutes away from calling 911. It was very scary. I spent 3 days in bed with a fever of 103-4* and delirious as all get-up. And poor dh dealing with 5 kids on his own - it was a nightmare. I dragged myself out of bed Christmas morning just to see the kids open their gifts and went right back again! I wouldn't wish that on anyone - ever!

This is the cheeseball my son helped me make for today - btw, those silvery things are at Joanns! I looked EVERYWHERE!!
So sorry you were sooooooooo sick Kelly. That would be very scary. Did you go to the doctor????? Glad that you are back to your better self.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 12-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #3532
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
OH my sweet friend, different kind of sickness, ROFL!! The "5" is my autistic niece - we are raising her now. Long sad story - one I've come to terms with a few weeks ago and hope for MANY things for 2013
That is so nice of you to be taking care of your niece. I know that can't be an easy job for you. My DGS has Asberger's and I know it is a big commitment on your part to be responsible for her. Sending up prayers for you guys that 2013 will be a good year for all of you.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 12-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #3533
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Heart Remember me??.....IT's NOT a mirage........lol

~~Hi girls!!
I am rushing through before heading to my son's for New Year's Eve dinner and game night! So soooo very sorry for being absent sooo longgg...truth is that we had LOTS (and I mean *L*O*T*S*!!) of health problems between hubby, myself, son in law and hubby again...last (BIG!!) scare he spent 12 days at the hospital and was released at 6:00 pm on Christmas Eve...best present ever!
I won't bore you with all the details...I did keep in touch with Lynn though so she's the one who probably got bored... Truth is...hubby is still on the mend and we still don't have answers to some of his medical problems plus he still needs more testing soon....on the other end I am about to re enter my working world soon, after been off since beginning of Nov due to a freaky incident (second in one year!!) lots of neck/shoulder physio followed this
one too 3x a week....*sigh*
Life's does goes on though, and I am thrilled at the thought of coming back into this friendly fold once again....
Meanwhile I want to wish you all a wonderful New Year ahead...I CANNOT wait to see this one gone....gone...GONE, I am sooo done!...if I could, I would help it outta da door hasta pronto! lol See YOU soooooooooon....Blessings to ya all!! *hugs*
Much love and happy stamping!! ♥
xox Paola xox

On this New Year I wish that you have a wonderful January, a lovely February, a Peaceful March, a stress-free April, a fun-filled May, and Joy that lasts from June to November, and finally a happy December. May my wishes come true and may you have a charming and lucky New Year 2013.

Last edited by Sama; 12-31-2012 at 03:03 PM..
Old 12-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #3534
Stazon Splitcoast

Aw so many faces stopping in to say hello on this last day of the year! And to think - the Mayans thought we wouldn't be here to see it, ROFL!

Yes, we are raising my niece now who joined us a few weeks ago. She is 16 but really closer to 7-8 in her thoughts and actions. Maggie, we thought originally she had Aspbergers, too, as she originally tested as such and that would be a little more managable but she is Austistic, albeit highly functioning. We just need 10 extra eyes and 10 extra hands every day! Thank you, Jeanette, for your very sweet words. I don't know why God continually tests me so or deems me worthy of such trials but I take them on knowing that there is a greater gift in this somewhere!

The snow - oh my! I literally gasped when I saw it. It's like looking out the window of a Norman Rockwell painting! We are actually heading to the beach tomorrow! Not to swim and surf - even for Miami it's a chilly 70's *smile* but it's a nice day to be out looking for shells and walking the beach!

Hugs to all!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #3535
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy New Year!

I am home alone tonight- and am using the excuse to be creative.....

We generally go to friends home every 12/31.....she is an amazing cook (has a catering business) and puts out an amazing spread.....(Her husband helps too). Ray went to the Orange Bowl and I think it is better to stay home in case Stephi partakes and needs a ride. Our friends live ~ 45 minutes away....so I did not want to drive it alone late at night. (It is a group of friends from college- alot of the guys went to Florida for the Orange Bowl- we all went to NIU, so they have a small crowd this year).

Katie went to Hong Kong- rang in the New Year at 11AM CST.....

Kelly- sorry to hear you were so dang sick- glad you are improving! I am hearing the Flu is bad this year and the flu shot was a different strain than the outbreak. Wow- Bless you for taking on such a challenge! Stay strong!

I am off to go plug in my computer and get inky!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Shelly
Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #3536
Quacker Stamper

Happy New Year to all of you!

Paola - so glad to see you here again.

It's pouring down rain here, so glad that I'm not out in it. I've been spending time getting laundry done and reorganizing my closet.

Have fun getting inky Shelly. I wanted to get something done today, but it didn't work out.

Enjoy your day at the beach Kelly. One of my cousins that I'm close to lives in FL and my other cousin from PA that comes here at Thanksgiving is there visiting her sister. I have some other family who live there, but I haven't really seen them for many, many years.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #3537
Die Cut Diva

Everyone is so chatty tonight.............fantastic!!!

Paola..............I'm SO GLAD you popped in!!! We've missed you so much and we're all going to hope and pray for a much better year for you with health and everything else!!!

Maggie, glad you made it home ok and know you had fun!

Shelly, sorry you're home alone - but you know, sometimes that's just a good thing as you can do exactly as you want!

Kelly, we all need to be on the beach with you tomorrow - or maybe with Maxine in some warmer temps!!! And yes, Darlene is right - you CAN make a difference in your niece's life!!

Lynn
Old 12-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #3538
Die Cut Diva

Paola...............NEVER did I once get bored!!!!!!!! I just feel so helpless that I couldn't be with you to help out in some small way!!! I think we all feel like that! Hugs to you and your family!!

Lynn
Old 12-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #3539
Die Cut Diva

Hi Paola - first time I have 'met' you. Good to see your smiling face, and sorry to hear you have had all those hassles.

I have spent the day out in the garden - it has only been 22oC and a breeze - the humidity has dropped and I got heaps done May the rest of the year be as productive, both in the garden and the studio!!

Just checked the metservice website and we got to 26oC - no wonder the tan has deepened
Old 12-31-2012, 09:16 PM   #3540

Old 01-01-2013, 04:31 AM   #3541

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Old 01-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #3542
Gabfest Goddess

Good morning and Happy 2013 to all of my wonderful Addicted Friends!!

Maggie, glad to see you back home, safe & sound!

Kelly, have fun at the beach today!

Maxine, I'm envious of your gardening time LOL, it's a long ways off for us up here in the northern part of the US.

Sweet P: sorry to miss your call but LOVED my voice mail from you!! {{Hugs}}

Waving, waving to each of you and counting all of you amongst my blessings for the New Year!

Old 01-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #3543
Gabfest Goddess

Lightbulb Discussion of the Week???

If I may be so bold...

Should each of us make one stamping or card making New Year's Resolution? If we shared it here we could help each other keep it.

Just a thought...

I'm going to make one or two myself, giving it some thought now...

Old 01-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #3544

I did make some crafting goals for 2013.... they're on my blog today.

Speaking of which, Darlene, your comment on my blog today was sooooooooo thougthful. It brought sweet tears to my eyes.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #3545
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Happy New Year!

Hmmm. . my resolution since I started blogging has been to be published. Hopefully this year I can devote some time to making cards that might make it into a magazine. Also, I'd like to schedule my time better so I can do a little bit of scrapbooking too.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 01-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #3546

Maggie, that's great! I've wanted to be published in a magazine, too, for quite some time. My problem with that? I never have submitted anything - guess you have to do that to reach that goal, don't you?

I was published in an online magazine once... didn't even see it when it happened, though. LOL!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #3547
Gabfest Goddess

Jeanette, I think it was your blog post that got me thinking about it in the first place! Thank you!

Maggie & Jeanette: getting published!!! Wow, I wouldn't ever attempt such a thing, but your work is so remarkable, it deserves to be published. (Um, Jeanette, I do think you actually have to submit your work to get published)

Old 01-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #3548

Well, Shucks! I thought so, but it's just such a challenge to submit things. LOL! Thank you, Darlene, you make me !

Old 01-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #3549
Stazon Splitcoast

Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #3550
Die Cut Diva

Happy New Year!!!!

Darlene - this is great for a discussion of the week! Thanks again! I'm going to have to think about this. My problem right now, is that I'm in a VERY SERIOUS slump and have been thinking of getting out of the whole cardmaking/blogging bit. I know, I know, but as I said, I'm really in a bad slump it seems.

Lynn
Old 01-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #3551
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Happy New Year!!!!

Darlene - this is great for a discussion of the week! Thanks again! I'm going to have to think about this. My problem right now, is that I'm in a VERY SERIOUS slump and have been thinking of getting out of the whole cardmaking/blogging bit. I know, I know, but as I said, I'm really in a bad slump it seems.

Lynn
Aw, Lynn! Don't leave us! You are SO inspiring! Your cards make me drool each and every time - just your style, your creativity. Your laundry stamping is one to be admired!

Here's what I know -- when you get in that 'slump', it's twice as hard to get back out and get your groove back. Plus you just went through a wild holiday with lots of guests, lots of down time and once you step 'away', it's harder to step back in. I have said countless times "I'm done" and then I get to creating something and it all just comes back. Because the truth is, being creative is good for the soul! Whether we are creating for a card challenge, a friend, a gift we are making - it just takes us somewhere else and for that little while, it's just the paper, glue, flowers, etc

Give yourself time! It's been a crazy holiday for many. Also, FOR ME, I noticed when I was on "this many DTs", I would get more stir crazy ~ when I stopped all that DT madness, and was able to craft at my leisure, I just felt more creative and comfortable in my own skin.

Hang in there!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #3552
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Kelly. I'm (pretty) sure I'll come out of it - just having such a hard time right now though.

Lynn
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #3553

Quote:
Aw, Lynn! Don't leave us! You are SO inspiring! Your cards make me drool each and every time - just your style, your creativity. Your laundry stamping is one to be admired!

Here's what I know -- when you get in that 'slump', it's twice as hard to get back out and get your groove back. Plus you just went through a wild holiday with lots of guests, lots of down time and once you step 'away', it's harder to step back in. I have said countless times "I'm done" and then I get to creating something and it all just comes back. Because the truth is, being creative is good for the soul! Whether we are creating for a card challenge, a friend, a gift we are making - it just takes us somewhere else and for that little while, it's just the paper, glue, flowers, etc

Give yourself time! It's been a crazy holiday for many. Also, FOR ME, I noticed when I was on "this many DTs", I would get more stir crazy ~ when I stopped all that DT madness, and was able to craft at my leisure, I just felt more creative and comfortable in my own skin.

Hang in there!
DITTO!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #3554

Quote:
Thanks Kelly. I'm (pretty) sure I'll come out of it - just having such a hard time right now though.

Lynn
awwwwww... I'm sorry, Lynn! That must feel crummy! Hang in there. It WILL get better! Hugs!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #3555
Die Cut Diva

[QUOTE=MiamiKel4;19914232]Aw, Lynn! Don't leave us! You are SO inspiring! Your cards make me drool each and every time - just your style, your creativity. Your laundry stamping is one to be admired!

I would hate to see you leave Lynn - love your style, so that is one big DITTO to Kelly's comment!!

Um - I too thought of being published but like the others have never submitted... I also found that sometimes DT's stimulate and sometimes they drain! I have thought about them again, but with DH not being well I have decided not to go there again for now.

Have a great day - the 2nd is looking pretty good here so far.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #3556
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=Kiwime;19914499]
Quote:

I would hate to see you leave Lynn - love your style, so that is one big DITTO to Kelly's comment!!

Um - I too thought of being published but like the others have never submitted... I also found that sometimes DT's stimulate and sometimes they drain! I have thought about them again, but with DH not being well I have decided not to go there again for now.

Have a great day - the 2nd is looking pretty good here so far.
The 2nd, lol! I had to do a double take - but yes, you are ahead of us and enjoy the splendors of the new year (and ALL holidays for that matter) before we do

Maxine, continued prayers for your husband. I know first hand how much goes into that and he's blessed to have you by his side.

Ditto on the DTs - sometimes they are the creative jump I need (when I'm stumped, and they toss out the challenge!) and others is just positively daunting to me - at one point, i was on 4 at once and just thought that was a slice of insanity all in it's own! Now, I'm taking it easy - one day a time - and I'm so much happier. Having said that, I just got the notice that I won a 2 month DT spot that has me JUMPING for joy as I just LOVE them!! I'm excited to be on that DT, even though it's just a GDT - I'll take it!

We're off to the beach - I hope my niece behaves enough for all of us to enjoy the outing! Either way, this day is too nice to waste! Blessings all!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #3557
Hardware Hotshot

Hmm, card-making/stamping goals? To improve my Copic marker skills would be one. Another is to donate cards from my stash to appropriate organizations. I'm going to get involved with Cards For A Cause here on SCS. The problem with my cards is that so many of them are quite bulky and would cost extra postage for someone to send.

Here's a funny. I just signed up for WW online this afternoon and looking back to morning and lunchtime, I have already used up my points for today! Well there is always tomorrow!

Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 AM   #3558
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Maggie, that's great! I've wanted to be published in a magazine, too, for quite some time. My problem with that? I never have submitted anything - guess you have to do that to reach that goal, don't you?

I was published in an online magazine once... didn't even see it when it happened, though. LOL!
Yes, you do have to submit something. I've tried submitting to an online magazine but was rejected twice!!!!! They did use one of my cards on their blog a few months ago.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 AM   #3559
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Happy New Year!!!!

Lynn
Lynn, slumps happen sometimes. You do fabulous work. Check out the challenge forum here on SCS and maybe the Swap forum and then get into one of them. Sometimes I just need some inspiration to get me going again. We sure don't want you leaving us.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 AM   #3560
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hmm, card-making/stamping goals? To improve my Copic marker skills would be one. Another is to donate cards from my stash to appropriate organizations. I'm going to get involved with Cards For A Cause here on SCS. The problem with my cards is that so many of them are quite bulky and would cost extra postage for someone to send.

Here's a funny. I just signed up for WW online this afternoon and looking back to morning and lunchtime, I have already used up my points for today! Well there is always tomorrow!
I have a whole box of cards that I want to donate to Cards for a Cause. I was going to in December, but time just got away from me.

WTG on signing up for WW. I think the group that I want to join meets on Thursdays, so I need to check that out today and make sure. Keeping track of those points is going to be a challenge.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul