Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #761
Quacker Stamper

No problem. Sorry for the confusion. Those are 2 separate things. Maybe I should add something in there to show the difference.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #762
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Hi Paola! Good to see you! (Of course, I love your blog, have been there many times.)
mmmm...you did?? LOL...*wink*...Love ya and appreciate each and every visit too dahlin friend...btw did U notice what I posted today??
Old 02-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #763
Gabfest Goddess

Wooooot Woooot!!!

You ladies totally amazed me with the TAT challenge!! Your reflection cards are some kind of GREAT! Congratulations!! And to think that most of you were voicing doubts about it. Tsk tsk. Now we all know better ha ha!!

Maggie: I've snuck around on your blog a few times in the past and your work is so wonderful. I am happy that you want to join us! I am a very newbie at blogging, and thus, blog groups but I really like being part of this one!

Sweet P!!!!!!!! How fun that you want to join us! Thank you for the sweet comments on my Reflection card. I am going to keep working at the technique because I think it has a lot of possibilities! I hope that you checked out the other's submissions too. I found them to be most excellent.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 02-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #764
Stazon Splitcoast

Knock knock here, too! I just stumbled across this group from darlene - thank you Darlene for your inspirational post! I am amazed at the talent that was blogged today! And of course, I'm a long time follower of Lynn and found my way here by sheer chance (signing on SCS to find a card of all things, loL!) I'd love to jump in as well if the line hasn't closed at the maxed number!

Hugs all around!
x0x0
Old 02-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #765
Swapper of the Month March 2013

YAY! Kelly is here, too! Hi Kelly!

Oh, I do hope all 3 of you get to stay!!!

Sweet P, I did breeze through your blog today. Didn't take time to comment, though. It's been a busy crazy day.

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 02-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #766
Gabfest Goddess

Oh, Kells, you dear woman! How fun it would be to have you here! But, I am not in charge of things around here LOL
{can barely be in charge of things in my home LOL}
But you will love the ladies here! Their cards are simply wonderful and have so much style! And of course, they are a lively and welcoming bunch. I'm a new member, but have learned so much from them already!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #767
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Wooooot Woooot!!!

You ladies totally amazed me with the TAT challenge!! Your reflection cards are some kind of GREAT! Congratulations!! And to think that most of you were voicing doubts about it. Tsk tsk. Now we all know better ha ha!!

Maggie: I've snuck around on your blog a few times in the past and your work is so wonderful. I am happy that you want to join us! I am a very newbie at blogging, and thus, blog groups but I really like being part of this one!

Sweet P!!!!!!!! How fun that you want to join us! Thank you for the sweet comments on my Reflection card. I am going to keep working at the technique because I think it has a lot of possibilities! I hope that you checked out the other's submissions too. I found them to be most excellent.
Well, thank you Darlene. That's great that you already "know" me. I wish I had know that, I surely would have returned the visit.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 02-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #768
Die Cut Diva

Woot! Woot!

THREE new members!!!! Yipee!!! So excited about this! A big WELCOME to Maggie, Paola, and Kelly!! I'm so glad y'all decided to join our group and I'm heading out to add your name on the first page! I'll also go ahead and "close" the group for now as I'm thinking this will give us 11 members! AGAIN - So excited and can't wait to visit your blogs.

If you'll check the previous page you'll see a LONG post from me - actually TWO of them as the computer was doing something weird (SURELY it couldn't have been ME) and it printed out twice - anyway, it kind of explains some of the things we'll be doing. Just a reminder to either become a follower on everyone's blog or put it on your sidebar or both. We also like to comment at least once a week on each others blog!

So excited............and WELCOME again!

Lynn
Old 02-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #769
Die Cut Diva

Oops....can't put your names up yet......hubby just hollered and said the Spurs were playing - so I'll do it at halftime!!! LOL!

Lynn
Old 02-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #770
Quacker Stamper

LOL! Thanks Lynn. Happy to be part of the group. I'll be going around probably tomorrow to check out all your blogs and do the housekeeping on my blog adding you to my lists.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 02-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #771
Gabfest Goddess

Hooray for our new members!!!

Welcome Paola, Maaggie and Kelly!!!

Maggie, I work a lot so I may not get to updating my sidebar with links to your blogs right away tomorrow, but I promise to get to it at some point tomorrow. Jeanette, Paola & Kelly know to be patient with me. (hopefully I don't abuse their patience too much)

Lynn, did you ever hear from Indah, do you know if she is still part of our group? If not, we could use someone to pick the next TAT challenge. I can always do it again, but it's more fun if others want to pick something. Think on it gals & let me know. I think that the details are around post # 187 if memory serves...Don't you go back looking. I'll go & find it to repost it for convenience.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #772
Gabfest Goddess

Default Try A Technique (TAT) Challenge

Here's the basic outline:

Quote:
Your ideas, suggestions, etc. for a monthly challenge game amongst us!

You may remember a while back we chatted here about a monthly challenge and I promised to give it some thought and get back to you with ideas.

Well...it does take me a while, doesn't it? Thank you for being patient!

Here's what I'm thinking:
1. Each month one of us takes a turn at thinking up the challenge and posting it here in this thread. It should be posted one month in advance.
2. On the designated day (yet to be determined) we all post to our blogs our creations for the challenge. It goes without saying that we visit everyone else's blogs and drool over their art work!
3. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Here's what I am thinking but have yet to come up with a catchy name for it:
Try a Technique (TAT????? not sure about that LOL)

For example:
If I chose a technique - say, embossing (yeah, I know, we all do embossing, but it's just an example). I would post a brief explanation here in this thread and links, etc. of where to go to research how to do the technique, see examples, You Tube videos, blog tutorials, etc.

We then have a month to try it out and post our work on the designated day.

Rules:
1. It has to be a technique that is either new to you, or one that you haven't used in many years, or only tried once in the past, that sort of thing.

2. It should be a technique that requires only minimal purchases, if any at all. For instance, maybe it uses wax paper and you don't happen to have any on hand. Or it's shading images, it can be done with chalks, Copics, colored pencils, sponges, etc. Not one specific type. If it's punch art, then it should be broad enough that someone could free-hand cut, use a Cricut or a Big Shot or another die cutting apparatus, you get the idea. No big outlay of $$ to participate.

3. You have to send your card to someone you know. Some of us have posted that we want to send off more of our cards, so include in your blog post who you are sending the card to (first name only is fine) and a brief explanation of why you picked that person. (Could be as simple as "I've been thinking of him/her and thought I'd get in touch.")

4. Lots of us are busy, so it's open to anyone who can play that month. Play along whenever your time permits. If you are scheduled to host the challenge that month, and are unable to issue your challenge the month prior, just let me know 2 weeks in advance so that we can get a substitute for your turn.

Soooo, what do you think? I'd welcome your suggestions on how to improve this idea, or if I've overlooked anything glaringly obvious to you!

PM me with days that you ARE able to post your entries in the challenge. Many of you are members of DT's, and also have other specific days that you need to post cards. We'll find a due date that doesn't conflict for anyone.

I'd like to start in Feb. so if we can identify the posting date that works for everyone, we can get started!

Old 02-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #773
Gabfest Goddess

Default Due Date Range for TAT

We settled in on a date range for posting our creations to make it comfortable for most members with their various other blog commitments (and one sorry lady who works too much even needed a few extra days this Feb. )

Quote:
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!! VERY FUNNY, but you ain't foolin' me one little bit!!!!

Remember - I've SEEN your work ladies!!! Pfft. Scared. Double Pfft!!

The technique could be gate fold, or water coloring, or some such. Whatever is a new challenge to that month's host! And that's why I wanted this type of game, I need to stretch myself too!! So: one, two, three: "STRETCH!" Ha ha, can we burn calories with these stretches???? (I can dream, right?)

Well, maybe what we will do for a due date each month is post a date range, that way if the due date falls on a day that someone must post something else, they can post on another day.

So, for instance: our creations must be posted between the 20th and 23rd of each month. Something like that. What do you think?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #774
Die Cut Diva

Darlene, thanks for re-posting that = now everyone will know what's going on.

I haven't heard a word from Indah.......will PM her again. Who is next on the list to pick the challenge? You may want to go ahead and ask them to do it for now.

I'm off to update our members - half time around here (And I don't even like basketball but hubby likes me to watch it with him!! LOL)

I'll get to everyone's blog either later tonight or in the morning and follow, etc...

Lynn
Old 02-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #775
Gabfest Goddess

Lynn, there is no one next on the list for the TAT, Indah was going to issue the challenge, so if you connect with her maybe ask her (if she's staying in the group that is)

Otherwise, it's up for grabs! Surely someone has a technique that they want to try??? I can think of several...LOL But that's just 'cuz I have such a long list of others' work to inspire me, hahahahaha!
Good night friends, fading fast here. (still snowing out there too)

Old 02-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #776
Die Cut Diva

Snowing!!!!! Yikes......we had to finally turn on the AC today - and I'm running around in shorts and flip flops! It's a little hot down here in Texas!

I'll PM Indah right now.

Lynn
Old 02-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #777
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Heart

Thank You for the wam welcome Lynn & Darlene ♥
so glad to be here too and looking forward to partecipate
in future challenges...
Meanwhile Lynn & new friends, I'll leave ya a lil token
of my approach to 'reflection'...
....far from being a new card but it is the only one
I made with this tecnique, so far...
Please scroll down the page to view :
That's Amore!: Four, Two, One...

We had snow here today too...quite a lovely surprise actually to end
this Leap Year Day with some white magic from above ♥

It's Survivor's time now...(and I am addicted to that show as well! lol)
sooooo G'Night and sweet dreams to ya all...)
Paola
Old 02-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #778
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Snowing!!!!! Yikes......we had to finally turn on the AC today - and I'm running around in shorts and flip flops! It's a little hot down here in Texas!

I'll PM Indah right now.

Lynn
I'm holding off on putting on the A/C. I'm just not ready for it yet. Lynn, whereabouts in Texas are you? I'm down here in H Town.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #779
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Stopping in before I go to bed.......Fun challenge cards today ladies! Great idea to have monthly challenges too- I have not made a reflection card in a really long time.

Welcome to Stamp Addicts Maggie, Paola and Kelly. I added you to my sidebar and hopped around and said hello. I work a week on and then have a week off.....so I will be quiet for a few days...but wanted to say hello. I do not always delete members that leave the group, so don't let my sidebar mislead you- Carrie is still on there and Alissa- who has some new posts up by the way..... I usually stop by on Sunday PM at minimum. I am just recovering from a month of computer crash, so am a little behind currently...I am working on loading 'stuff' that I had backed up (thankfully) onto the new system.....

Are you on Pintrest??? LOL Paige, I always like following you on Pintrest- all of the good cards you pin.........: ) and recipes too.

Good Night!
Shelly
Old 03-01-2012, 01:53 AM   #780
Hardware Hotshot

I want to extend a warm welcome to our newest SA members, Maggie, Paola, and Kelly! I've added your blogs to my sidebar. Blogger won't let me rename them to your first names, but I'll keep trying. I'll come around and visit today. Again, welcome, so happy to have you join us!

Old 03-01-2012, 04:02 AM   #781
Quacker Stamper

Good morning ladies. Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know all of you and having a fun time.

Thanks Shelly and Paige for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comments.

Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #782
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning SA's!
Praying that everyone is safe after those horrible storms and tornadoes last night!

Old 03-01-2012, 04:49 AM   #783

Good Morning Stamp Addicts!

Old 03-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #784
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Jeanette!
I just wanted to tell you that I made the blogging planner that you pinned on Pinterest. And being left-handed like the gal in the tutorial, I put mine together backwards too! So now I am getting my march plans on! Thanks Jeannete for finding that cool tutorial!

Old 03-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #785
Die Cut Diva

Morning everyone.........

I'm getting ready to go check the blogs this morning, become a follower, etc. Hope no one was involved in all those storms yesterday. So sad and so much destruction.

Maggie, I live in the country - outside of a little town called D'hanis. About an hour south west of San Antonio. Not much here other than a lot of mesquite trees and dry weather!

If case the new members haven't noticed yet, we all seem to be on the bandwagon for Pinterest!! If you're not on it yet and want to be, holler and one of us will send you an invite. Warning - it's pretty addictive though! LOL

Paige had asked about un-mounting stamps - thought that would make a good Discussion Topic next week...........so everyone be thinking about that!

Darlene, I still haven't heard from Indah.....I guess just pick someone else to do the TAT if you want - or whatever.

Hope everyone has a great day.......
Lynn
Old 03-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #786
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning from a very sunny Miami!

Thanks so much for the *warm welcome*! I'm home unexpectedly early from fellowship meetings so I have a few minute to zip in and update, but will be sure to update my blog roll by this weekend! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I will have to scroll back and see the technique challenge though I've spied it on many of your blogs - is there a date that it should be posted by? Very gorgeous technique indeed! I have a wee idea for one I saw that I'm dying to try - maybe you all can be my "muses", lol! I'll scroll and see what months are available to post it in - this is going to be FUN!!!!!!!

Hugs!! xoxo
Old 03-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #787
Gabfest Goddess

Hi friends! Sneaking on here quick while I grab a bite. Working from home today due to the snow storm. Very heavy, wet "widow maker" snow fall, around 9-10 inches so far. Ugh, gonna make getting the end of the driveway clear a real job. The plows come down the road and leave quite a tall patch there.

It's blowing completely sideways right now, so no use in going out there and even attempting to clear it. Hope it quits early enough tonight so we can get to work on it. I have to get to the office by 7:30 tomorrow AM.

Kelly, go ahead and post a Reflection card no matter that the "due date" has passed. It's just a fun way to keep us all engaged and trying new things. Want to choose the next one? Let me know! If not, I'll come up with something this weekend and post March's challenge.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #788
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi friends! Sneaking on here quick while I grab a bite. Working from home today due to the snow storm. Very heavy, wet "widow maker" snow fall, around 9-10 inches so far. Ugh, gonna make getting the end of the driveway clear a real job. The plows come down the road and leave quite a tall patch there.

It's blowing completely sideways right now, so no use in going out there and even attempting to clear it. Hope it quits early enough tonight so we can get to work on it. I have to get to the office by 7:30 tomorrow AM.

Kelly, go ahead and post a Reflection card no matter that the "due date" has passed. It's just a fun way to keep us all engaged and trying new things. Want to choose the next one? Let me know! If not, I'll come up with something this weekend and post March's challenge.
WOW, snow!! Here we are sweating bullets! There is no school for my son tomorrow so we're heading to the zoo and I can't imagine the heat already!

I will try to get a card up asap! Hopefully this weekend! I don't mind chosing the next one if you want me to share the one I'm dying to try! I am scared to try it - safety in numbers, ROFL!! Maybe if you are all holding hands with me, I could manage it? Hee hee!! Either way, I can post it later on or now - I'm pretty open! x0x0
Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #789

Paige, that's awesome! Are you going to show us a picture of your planner?

Snow, YIKES! Darlene, I'm sure glad you're home! Don't work too hard.

Kelly, woo hoo... wonder what you'll have us trying for TAT. EEK! I didn't get to try the reflection one.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #790
Hardware Hotshot

I can try Jeannette, altho it is kind of big 8 1/2 x 11.

geez, i am having one off stamping day. I wanted to do the next SCs challenge - denim and i've messed my card up so many times! smeared the sentiment three times and then tore the main image in two places when trying to remove it to change the sentiment layer twice. finally tore the whole d--n thing up and tossed it. now i'm just fuming at myself. grrrrrrrr!

okay, hissy fit over - thanks for being there!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #791
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Morning everyone.........

I'm getting ready to go check the blogs this morning, become a follower, etc. Hope no one was involved in all those storms yesterday. So sad and so much destruction.

Maggie, I live in the country - outside of a little town called D'hanis. About an hour south west of San Antonio. Not much here other than a lot of mesquite trees and dry weather!

If case the new members haven't noticed yet, we all seem to be on the bandwagon for Pinterest!! If you're not on it yet and want to be, holler and one of us will send you an invite. Warning - it's pretty addictive though! LOL

Paige had asked about un-mounting stamps - thought that would make a good Discussion Topic next week...........so everyone be thinking about that!

Darlene, I still haven't heard from Indah.....I guess just pick someone else to do the TAT if you want - or whatever.

Hope everyone has a great day.......
Lynn
Looks like you are a straight shot about 4 hours away out I-10/90 West.

I'm on Pinterest. I'll have to see if I can find all of you. Do you have links on your blogs to follow you? I do.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #792
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good morning from a very sunny Miami!

Thanks so much for the *warm welcome*! I'm home unexpectedly early from fellowship meetings so I have a few minute to zip in and update, but will be sure to update my blog roll by this weekend! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I will have to scroll back and see the technique challenge though I've spied it on many of your blogs - is there a date that it should be posted by? Very gorgeous technique indeed! I have a wee idea for one I saw that I'm dying to try - maybe you all can be my "muses", lol! I'll scroll and see what months are available to post it in - this is going to be FUN!!!!!!!

Hugs!! xoxo
Thanks for coming by my blog Kelly. I returned the favor. I haven't ever done a "reflection" technique either. I may have to try it one of these days.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #793
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

That sounds like some snowstorm you're having. I remember those days. Grew up in PA. I don't miss it at all.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #794
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Maggie!

I'm following you on Pinterest! I do have a follow button my blog too - on the left side, a short way down from the top. I know others have follow buttons too.

Off to take some photos and curse at my stamp room! (guess the hissy fit isn't quite over yet!)

Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #795
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I can try Jeannette, altho it is kind of big 8 1/2 x 11.

geez, i am having one off stamping day. I wanted to do the next SCs challenge - denim and i've messed my card up so many times! smeared the sentiment three times and then tore the main image in two places when trying to remove it to change the sentiment layer twice. finally tore the whole d--n thing up and tossed it. now i'm just fuming at myself. grrrrrrrr!

okay, hissy fit over - thanks for being there!
Oh bummer Paige. So sorry you're having "one of those days." I hate when things like that happen.

Speaking of trying to remove an image or a layer you have adhered already, I was at HL last Saturday and needed some new snail, so I bought some from a new manufacturer - Ad Tech. Any of you ever hear of them? I never had, but decided to try it because they had lots of their refills. Wow! That is the BEST stuff for adhering any of your embellies or layers. Once it sticks to something - paper or not - it is STUCK! No getting that baby back off of there. It will be good to use for most of my projects except when I really want to use my Scor-Tape or my Red-Tape.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #796
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hey Maggie!

I'm following you on Pinterest! I do have a follow button my blog too - on the left side, a short way down from the top. I know others have follow buttons too.

Off to take some photos and curse at my stamp room! (guess the hissy fit isn't quite over yet!)
Great! Thanks Paige. I'll check everyone's blogs out as I get around to visit everyone.

Now, I guess I need to get back to work. Only a few more hours. I have a church meeting tonight, so not sure how much time I'll have to do anything fun.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #797
Hardware Hotshot

I've never attached photos before, so hope it works!

The first photo shows the front cover - obviously not decorated yet and not sure I will!

Photo number two is the left side when opened. These were the weekly pages the tut had to download.

Photo number three is the right side - monthly calendar pages - again downloaded from the original tut.

Last photo. I added a pocket to the inside of the inner file folder - oops forgot to take a pic of that! but the calendar pages are attached a file folder and when this folder is open there is the pocket.

I'm hitting submit - wish me luck that the photos appear!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (127.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 008.JPG (154.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (143.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 009.JPG (132.0 KB, 4 views)

Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #798
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I've never attached photos before, so hope it works!

The first photo shows the front cover - obviously not decorated yet and not sure I will!

Photo number two is the left side when opened. These were the weekly pages the tut had to download.

Photo number three is the right side - monthly calendar pages - again downloaded from the original tut.

Last photo. I added a pocket to the inside of the inner file folder - oops forgot to take a pic of that! but the calendar pages are attached a file folder and when this folder is open there is the pocket.

I'm hitting submit - wish me luck that the photos appear!
Great job on the planner Paige. I should do one of those so I can keep track of challenges and when they have to be posted.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #799
Hardware Hotshot

some additional info on my planner. The front and back covers match - they are patterned file folders cut down to the size I needed. they were ordered many moons ago from Colorful Images - maybe, probably

the calendars were printed on plain white copy paper, the weekly planning pages were printed on some old patterned computer paper I've had for a million years -so happy to finally use it up!

the pocket was made from a leftover piece of one of the file folders that was cut down to size for the cover.

the planner was put together using my Bind It All - yep, dusted that neglected baby off, re-read the directions on how to use it, and put it to work. now it's safely tucked away again for who knows how long!

any questions just ask. planners are just one of my weaknesses, so was excited to see this pin of Jeanette's and to actually make it and use it.

oh and BTW Jeanette, although I do not have a binder yet, I do have the menu planner you pinned as well (I pinned it too awhile ago) and am loosely following it for now and hope to make the pages into a binder soon.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #800
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Maggie!