Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-25-2020, 08:13 AM   #15401
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Okay.. I still can't click the little arrow and bring up a chat window. I have to go all the way to the bottom. for Quick Reply.

So - Full disclosure. My office is far from finished. I've made progress in areas but still a long way to go. I have a cart being delivered today to store journal kits in as I gather the items. Bob put my Etsy cart together last week so as I gather the store business items, I can put them in the cart out of my way.

But... my blog post today over at LivingThroughWeightloss shows my project for probably the next 2 weeks. I'm determined this WILL get done!

Living Through Weightloss and Beyond: FLY LADY - The Office!

Wish me luck! lol
That is weird that you can't click on Quote to be able to reply to a post. Have you posted in the problems forum. I know that some people are still having issues posting after the last update and a couple of fixes.

Good luck on your projects.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:20 AM   #15402
Quacker Stamper

School has been going well. I currently have a 3.956 GPA. Registration for next semester starts in two weeks. I had to contact Advising Support to figure out what classes I still have to take. According to them, I still have nine classes to take for my Associate's Degree which means I have at least 4 more semesters if I take 3 classes in one semester and then 2 in the others. If I take 3 classes each semester, I can finish in 3 semesters. The strange thing is that my British Isles Regions courses are not listed for my FH Associates degree but are under my Bachelor's degree program. I sent back another email asking about that. I was planning to take one of those next semester.

I'm working on getting my business cards done and also getting my website designed so it can be launched. I need to call both those companies today and get them worked out.
ScrappinCEO and nhagen like this post.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #15403
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
School has been going well. I currently have a 3.956 GPA. Registration for next semester starts in two weeks. I had to contact Advising Support to figure out what classes I still have to take. According to them, I still have nine classes to take for my Associate's Degree which means I have at least 4 more semesters if I take 3 classes in one semester and then 2 in the others. If I take 3 classes each semester, I can finish in 3 semesters. The strange thing is that my British Isles Regions courses are not listed for my FH Associates degree but are under my Bachelor's degree program. I sent back another email asking about that. I was planning to take one of those next semester.

I'm working on getting my business cards done and also getting my website designed so it can be launched. I need to call both those companies today and get them worked out.

You are moving right along, Maggie!
I am so proud of you
Old 03-04-2020, 01:50 PM   #15404
Stazon Splitcoast

I can click on quote, but to post a new messge I have to scroll all ther way down. I can't just click on the arrow
Old 03-04-2020, 01:53 PM   #15405
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the recipe, Maggie. I may make those for next week when my sister comes.
I usually substitute applesauce for the oil.. or at least prt of it.
Old 03-05-2020, 04:08 PM   #15406
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks to muskrat I now know there's a REPLY button at the top of the thread. I'd never noticed it before. so much easier to reply now lol
Old 03-05-2020, 04:46 PM   #15407
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks to muskrat I now know there's a REPLY button at the top of the thread. I'd never noticed it before. so much easier to reply now lol
My reply button is down at the left hand corner of the thread.

I had a call from the Census Bureau the other day. I had applied months ago to work the 2020 census. We had an interview over the phone and they will be sending me information about when training is and I have to go get fingerprinted at some point. I am being considered to be an enumerator. Funny to think that years from now when people are searching the 2020 census, my name will be on some of them as the enumerator for my area.
ScrappinCEO and nhagen like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:40 AM   #15408
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
My reply button is down at the left hand corner of the thread.

I had a call from the Census Bureau the other day. I had applied months ago to work the 2020 census. We had an interview over the phone and they will be sending me information about when training is and I have to go get fingerprinted at some point. I am being considered to be an enumerator. Funny to think that years from now when people are searching the 2020 census, my name will be on some of them as the enumerator for my area.

That’s really cool Maggie! I have seen posting n our areas and in the mail that they are looking for people in various roles for the census.
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #15409
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Okay.. I still can't click the little arrow and bring up a chat window. I have to go all the way to the bottom. for Quick Reply.

So - Full disclosure. My office is far from finished. I've made progress in areas but still a long way to go. I have a cart being delivered today to store journal kits in as I gather the items. Bob put my Etsy cart together last week so as I gather the store business items, I can put them in the cart out of my way.

But... my blog post today over at LivingThroughWeightloss shows my project for probably the next 2 weeks. I'm determined this WILL get done!

Living Through Weightloss and Beyond: FLY LADY - The Office!

Wish me luck! lol

I click the quote button if I want to reply to someone’s post. That little arrow, is it new? It doesn’t do anything if I click it. I just tried.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #15410
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi Nancy, good to see you here. Yes, I know how time can get away from you. This has been a busy week, well, a busy semester. I have no time management skills. I get caught up in a project and just work away on it whether I have time on it or not. We are supposed to complete a project in 18 hours, but it never works out that way. The project I turned in last night (an hour before it was due) was a self select. That means I got to choose someone from H Town to do a project on so I could go to a local repository to look up records. About a year or so ago, I started working on my former boss's family so I chose him and his family to do. His line only goes back to his great grandfather, and we don't even know his given name. On his grandfather's death certificate, it had a B for his given name. His grandfather immigrated from Russian Poland in the late 1800s. With what I found, I was able to bring the family down to my boss, so information on only three generations. I also went to visit the cemetery where his father and mother are buried. She was killed in an automobile accident in 1977. I want to research that and see if there is a newspaper article about the accident.

Sounds like your classes are keeping you busy. I bet you are just as busy if not busier than when you were working full time!
Old 03-10-2020, 09:54 AM   #15411
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so bummed. I was going to go to a book festival is Tucson. I even bought plane tickets in January. I was meeting a friend who lives in Scottsdale. Then late yesterday afternoon, it was cancelled. Over 100 authors cancelled. Too many people freaking out over the Covid-19 virus.

So, I hope you two are washing your hands and not touching your faces.

Nothing else is going on. We did go to my father in-laws house to get boxes and some furniture he wanted us to have and items we wanted to take. It was a short, hectic trip. We had to rent an enclosed trailer from u-haul (after DH had to make sure the 15 yr old Expedition could make the trip there and back). Load it up and drive back home, then unload it again.

I think spring is here. The temps have been warmer and the sun has been out. I am ready for warm weather and sunshine.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #15412
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
That’s really cool Maggie! I have seen posting n our areas and in the mail that they are looking for people in various roles for the census.
I went and had my fingerprints done this morning. I almost didn't. I needed to have two forms of identification and I was going to take my passport along with my DL. When I was there and he asked for it, I didn't have my passport. Lucky I had my voter's card which was okay.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:14 AM   #15413
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I click the quote button if I want to reply to someone’s post. That little arrow, is it new? It doesn’t do anything if I click it. I just tried.
No, the arrow doesn't do anything. I don't know why it's there.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #15414
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I am so bummed. I was going to go to a book festival is Tucson. I even bought plane tickets in January. I was meeting a friend who lives in Scottsdale. Then late yesterday afternoon, it was cancelled. Over 100 authors cancelled. Too many people freaking out over the Covid-19 virus.

Nothing else is going on. We did go to my father in-laws house to get boxes and some furniture he wanted us to have and items we wanted to take. It was a short, hectic trip. We had to rent an enclosed trailer from u-haul (after DH had to make sure the 15 yr old Expedition could make the trip there and back). Load it up and drive back home, then unload it again.

I think spring is here. The temps have been warmer and the sun has been out. I am ready for warm weather and sunshine.
Sorry about your trip being cancelled. I can understand some precaution, but some are certainly overreacting. For instance, after church this coming Sunday, we were having a Linger Longer and members would bring pie and we'd stand around enjoying food and chatting. So they cancelled it. If you're going to cancel the Linger, Longer, then why not just cancel church. We're going to stand around talking to each other, sit by each other, and be in close quarters with others. What's the difference? We haven't cancelled our book club for this week.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:17 PM   #15415
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sorry about your trip being cancelled. I can understand some precaution, but some are certainly overreacting. For instance, after church this coming Sunday, we were having a Linger Longer and members would bring pie and we'd stand around enjoying food and chatting. So they cancelled it. If you're going to cancel the Linger, Longer, then why not just cancel church. We're going to stand around talking to each other, sit by each other, and be in close quarters with others. What's the difference? We haven't cancelled our book club for this week.

That doesn’t make sense. You are right, they might as well cancel church.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:24 PM   #15416
Stazon Splitcoast

So DS’s school district will be doing e-learning all next week. I think the governor told schools to close and do online classes. The following week is spring break. Then we will find out what’s next.

DH is allowed to work from home for the next month, I think he is happy not to ride the train to work two days a week. They have to be available with 24 hours notice minimum if they need to go downtown or to another location for whatever reason.

So it will be interesting having everyone home. I have to make sure someone does his schoolwork. It will be a pain trying to do housework if DH is on the phone etc. he will be on the phone a lot since he has a team he works with that meets twice a week. He will have to go to the basement so we don’t have to tip toe around the house being quiet.

I hope this ends sooner than later. Keep washing your hands!
Old 03-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #15417
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
That doesn’t make sense. You are right, they might as well cancel church.
Hi Nancy. They actually did end up cancelling church meeting on Sunday and any other meetings for anything church related until further notice. We are only supposed to have any gathering not more than 20 people. Those regular members of our Book Club did meet Thursday night for our regular meeting. There were only 8 of us. We had a great time. I was concerned because the lady hostessing the meeting has a new baby only a few months old, but she was okay with it and prepared. Also her DH was there and he mostly took care of the baby. We did not manhandle the child at all. One lady did decide not to come since she had young children that had been in school and had also gone to the Rodeo which was shut down the other day too.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:51 PM   #15418
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
So DS’s school district will be doing e-learning all next week. I think the governor told schools to close and do online classes. The following week is spring break. Then we will find out what’s next.

DH is allowed to work from home for the next month, I think he is happy not to ride the train to work two days a week. They have to be available with 24 hours notice minimum if they need to go downtown or to another location for whatever reason.

So it will be interesting having everyone home. I have to make sure someone does his schoolwork. It will be a pain trying to do housework if DH is on the phone etc. he will be on the phone a lot since he has a team he works with that meets twice a week. He will have to go to the basement so we don’t have to tip toe around the house being quiet.

I hope this ends sooner than later. Keep washing your hands!
My SIL is working from home for a couple of weeks. I don't know what is going on with my DGD here and her job since she is teaching special needs children. I haven't heard whether that school was closed. Many here are on Spring Break so they have just extended SB for another week and then will see what is happening.

I'm not having an issue with school since we are already online, but they closed BYU and BYU-I and told the kids to go home if they were able to do that and do their classes online. They are not set up for that, so they are going to have major issues with getting their work done.

Hope all goes well there with the kids and school and DH having to work from home. It sure is upsetting to so many people.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:51 PM   #15419
Quacker Stamper

My other DD and her DH were supposed to come
here this weekend, but at the last minute they decided not to come since
they would have to fly and didn't want to take the chance on getting
germs on the plane and bringing them here. She did call me today and we
got to chat for a little while. She told me that my DGD in Utah that is
in theater got a part in a performance coming up. It's The Producers.
She is in the Ensemble, but she also is the understudy for the lead and
will get to play the lead part for three of the performances. I'm so
excited for her. This is her first opportunity to play lead. I'm not
sure yet when the performances are, but I'd sure like to be able to go
see her in it.

My
other DGD that lived in Provo got a new job in CA, so they moved in
February and she started her job on March 3. Now they are closed too but
she's able to work from home. She is actually in charge of the whole
operation of how all the teams are working from home so kind of a big
deal. I also found out today that they had some major issues with the
house they bought there in CA, electrical issues and then a major
plumbing problem. Luckily they are having the contractor fix the
problems. My DD said that the plumbing issue itself will cost about
$10,000!
Old 03-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #15420
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

As you can see, I can quote, but the arrow no longer works for me. That's what I've always used to reply without 'quote'
Oh well - REPLY works hehe
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:38 AM   #15421
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

sorry about having to cancel your trip, Nancy.

Yes, this whole situation is crazy and scary.

Sounds like a hectic trip for sure!
Spring reared it's head last week. Now we're back to cold/ wet/ dreary/ flooding. My rain barrels are over flowing... turning part of my backyard into a marsh.

Once the rain stops and the sun comes out, I see the first mowing of the season in my future.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #15422
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
No, the arrow doesn't do anything. I don't know why it's there.

The arrow used to work. That' how I always replied to posts that I wasn't including the quote. Weird.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:45 AM   #15423
Stazon Splitcoast

So happy for your DGD. She has worked so hard for these performances. being able to actually star in the lead for part of the performances is a major feather!

I'm glad a lot of people can work from home. Hurts my heart for the number of people who will be off work though. Thankful for unemployment.

As I know right now, Bob will keep working. since they don't come in contact with the public, that will be helpful. The crew change every 3 weeks will be my concern. You don't know where your relief has been while they were off or how they kept up with personal needs.

We have to go pick up Bob's glasses on Thursday or Friday. They've called twice to let us know they were in. My conversation with them last week was the 3rd time since the appt. we told them we wouldn't be able to pick them up for 3 weeks. Make a note on the chart for cryin out loud!

it's that 'you had one job' thing that just makes me shake my head.
Except for losing the optomotrist I dearly loved, I'm glad to be going elsewhere for mine. Just wish we'd known before we had to pay for Bob's glasses or that I'd thought to take the prescription and go elsewhere.
Lesson learned
Old 03-16-2020, 10:47 AM   #15424
Stazon Splitcoast

my sister came up last Wednesday and we spent the weekend crafting. She left this morning.

Of course, the visit meant that progress on my studio fell apart LOL I'm not sure what I'll get done tomorrow before Bob gets home on Wednesday.I may be moving stuff out of the dining room/ living room until he leaves again then starting back in 3 weeks.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:20 PM   #15425
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
sorry about having to cancel your trip, Nancy.

Yes, this whole situation is crazy and scary.

Sounds like a hectic trip for sure!
Spring reared it's head last week. Now we're back to cold/ wet/ dreary/ flooding. My rain barrels are over flowing... turning part of my backyard into a marsh.

Once the rain stops and the sun comes out, I see the first mowing of the season in my future.
We've actually been having some pleasant weather although it has not always been sunny. Even with the gray skies, it's been like Spring.I wish I had the time to work outside. I need to get the back flower bed weeded and some plants in the ground.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:25 PM   #15426
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
my sister came up last Wednesday and we spent the weekend crafting. She left this morning.

Of course, the visit meant that progress on my studio fell apart LOL I'm not sure what I'll get done tomorrow before Bob gets home on Wednesday.I may be moving stuff out of the dining room/ living room until he leaves again then starting back in 3 weeks.
That's great that your sister was able to come visit and play with you. Good luck with moving your stuff around. I know you'll be very happy once your studio is finished.

I haven't been in my craft room for over a week. I'm behind in a swap that I need to send out. It's a kit one, so I don't have to make any cards, just need to get images and embellishments put together. I also didn't get a card made for my last DT posting. Just too much going on outside of school. I don't have anything on my calendar for this week except for my Zoom meeting this morning, so I should have extra time to get in there and get something done.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:38 PM   #15427
Quacker Stamper

Just heard on the news that Harris County is shutting down for 2 weeks. No bars or restaurants to be open. Some of the drive thru restaurants have remained open since the people are not going inside.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:38 PM   #15428
Quacker Stamper

Oh my! My Monarchs are thriving! I got a call
from the nursery I like best that they got come in today. I went up
there right away before they were all gone. I was able to get 10 plants.
I had just gotten 8 from them last Wednesday and they were completely
chewed up when I got home and started transferring them to the new
plants. I used 8 plants in the transfer. So many were smaller and there
were some really big ones that should be about ready for the next stage.
I had 2 pots where the caterpillar had made it's chrysalis on the side
of the pot, so I had to just put them aside on top of the hutch and hope
they'll be okay there. I don't have room to leave them in the hutch
right now. After I transferred all of them, I still found a bunch more
on my potted plants outside the hutch and had to move them. One other
nursery is supposed to get some in tomorrow and the other one should
have some on Wednesday. I'm going to check with both of them because the
smaller ones are going to need more food in just a few days as they
grow.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:48 PM   #15429
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We've actually been having some pleasant weather although it has not always been sunny. Even with the gray skies, it's been like Spring.I wish I had the time to work outside. I need to get the back flower bed weeded and some plants in the ground.

I'm waiting for consistent flow of nights above freezing so I can start seedlings in the green house. Hoping to get out and clean that up next week.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #15430
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Just heard on the news that Harris County is shutting down for 2 weeks. No bars or restaurants to be open. Some of the drive thru restaurants have remained open since the people are not going inside.
School was closed last week until March 30th. Now we are in a shelter-in-place until April 7th.

DH has been working from home. Concerned about his job future.

Wash your hands and all that stuff!
Old 03-21-2020, 03:27 PM   #15431
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
School was closed last week until March 30th. Now we are in a shelter-in-place until April 7th.

DH has been working from home. Concerned about his job future.

Wash your hands and all that stuff!
It is all so scary and sad. My DGD got laid off from her teaching job yesterday. They have not had any kids in the school for a while, but the teachers were still going in for some training. I guess they gave them enough training. My DD did say that the head HR person filed a mass unemployment application for all of the teachers. If that goes through, she'll at least get some pay. Unemployment is such a hassle though.

Today has been an online school day. I had to work on my research report since I spent so much time this week running around to nurseries looking for milkweed for my worm babies. They were doing well this morning. I haven't been out lately. It's cold and rainy here. What a nice first day of Spring! I have a few Monarchs out there, but I won't release them in this weather. It's supposed to quit raining and warm up tomorrow, so I'll wait until then to let them go.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:27 PM   #15432
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls

Quick check in.
Bob is home. got home Wednesday afternoon. To a disaster of a house but he understood I couldn't do anyting with Kitty here for 5 days. I slept most of the day on Monday, on and off then Monday night Sue texted to let me know she was sending 2 of her militry loads my direction. I always meet her drivers when they come through.

I look at it as her showing me her 'work' - like when she was little and bring papers home. She is so proud of her accomplishment and she knows I am too.
I'll have pictures and the full story on my blog tomorrow.

Nancy, hang in there. This can't last forever. I think when the flood gates open, everyone will be in a rush to get back to normal. Employers are still going to need their employees.

Can't believe the flood of babies you have already, Maggie. You're going to have a beautiful first release.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:30 PM   #15433
Stazon Splitcoast

We are doing fine here. I'm still working during the day. With all the concerts closed, I'm having to come up with other blog posts on the music side but everything is doable.

I spend a lot of time playing cards with Bob.

Our freezer/ pantry are both well stocked. We won't starve. I just need warm weather so I can start outside. I have Hyacyth blooming. The forsythia is bloomed out as are the peach trees. Cherry Blossom bush should bop this week. We're to have much warmer temperatures starting this week and no freezing over night so should be able to start getting the greenhouse in order. Yay!
Old 03-22-2020, 06:04 PM   #15434
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
We are doing fine here. I'm still working during the day. With all the concerts closed, I'm having to come up with other blog posts on the music side but everything is doable.

I spend a lot of time playing cards with Bob.

Our freezer/ pantry are both well stocked. We won't starve. I just need warm weather so I can start outside. I have Hyacyth blooming. The forsythia is bloomed out as are the peach trees. Cherry Blossom bush should bop this week. We're to have much warmer temperatures starting this week and no freezing overnight so we should be able to start getting the greenhouse in order. Yay!
I did some work out in my flower beds last week and have a bunch more to do. I checked out my grapefruit tree and it has lots of buds on it, so there should be a good year for grapefruit. My fig tree is starting to sprout out. I hope I get figs this year. I want to cut back my trumpet tree. It's getting out of control and my Esperanza tree/bush needs to be cut back also to bring out more flowers for the bees and butterflies.

Enjoy your time off with Bob.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:24 PM   #15435
Stazon Splitcoast

gorgeous day here and I have no energy to work outside. Didin't sleep well again last night. I think I got too hot. But I hate making bob wear his stocking hat to bed because I'm roasting. I was up at midnight drinking a cup of vinegar tea and watching a thing about DALLAS tv show on YouTube. Was still almost 2 before I could go back to sleep
Old 03-26-2020, 01:25 PM   #15436
Stazon Splitcoast

ONe of my amarylis is getting ready to bloom. I thnk it's going to be the red one. I'll know in a few days

Hyacinth are blooming, forsythia is gorgeous. cherry blossom bush hasn't bloomed but should in the next week, I expect.