Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2019, 07:00 AM   #15321
Quacker Stamper

We are dealing with Tropical Storm Imelda. It started yesterday and we are supposed to continue to get rain through today. There were flash flood warnings, but we did not get that much rain in our area. Places closer to the coast got 10+ inches. My niece has property down in Sargeant and I heard they got 14 inches.

A GF and I met two of our missionaries for dinner at a Mexican restaurant at 5 last night. I think they enjoyed it. They are both from Utah so pretty new to the Tex Mex experience. We talked them in to dessert and they had Sopapillas which they thoroughly enjoyed.

Doing some laundry and cleaning up today. I am putting off my last quiz until tomorrow.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:47 AM   #15322
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
So sorry for Bear. I hope that the surgery will go well and he'll be back to his old self. Sad when they have to be crated and they're not sure why.
It's actually my beagle/ spaniel - HoneyB. We lost Bear last fall. Hard to believe he's been gone almost a year. I still look for his adoring face when I go outside.

HB usually goes and crawls into the kennel himself when i let him out for awhile. it's hard for him to get up the 2 steps onto the deck when I take him out to potty. Hoping we can get him relief within the next 7-10 days. Just waiting for Dr. Mike to heal enough to be able to assist in surgery.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:55 AM   #15323
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't get much crafting... or anything done yesterday. I found the disaster below when I got up yesterday morning. Cleaned up the mess I suspect Spirit created then did my errands. That is how I track all of my blog posts for the month. For the rest of this month and probably October, I'll be doing them on paper. Grrr

Managed to pull a muscle under my left rib so spent the rest of the afternoon on relaxers enough to breathe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BLog Board.jpg (64.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-21-2019, 06:39 AM   #15324
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
It's actually my beagle/ spaniel - HoneyB. We lost Bear last fall. Hard to believe he's been gone almost a year. I still look for his adoring face when I go outside.

HB usually goes and crawls into the kennel himself when i let him out for awhile. it's hard for him to get up the 2 steps onto the deck when I take him out to potty. Hoping we can get him relief within the next 7-10 days. Just waiting for Dr. Mike to heal enough to be able to assist in surgery.
Sorry I got the fur babies confused. I sure hope that HoneyB doesn't have to wait too long for his surgery so he'll feel better and be able to get around on his own.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:47 AM   #15325
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I didn't get much crafting... or anything done yesterday. I found the disaster below when I got up yesterday morning. Cleaned up the mess I suspect Spirit created then did my errands. That is how I track all of my blog posts for the month. For the rest of this month and probably October, I'll be doing them on paper. Grrr

Managed to pull a muscle under my left rib so spent the rest of the afternoon on relaxers enough to breathe.
Uh oh! I don't know what gets into these guys. I have a Christmas cactus up on the top of my computer desk which has a high back on it. I display cards there that I haven't photo'd or blogged yet. The cactus sits way at the back of the shelf and a few mornings I have come out to find things on the floor and that pieces of the cactus are missing or pulled off. I'm guessing that I need to put it out on the patio with my orchids. So far the outside kitties have left them alone.

Sorry about your back. I hope that the relaxers have helped. I scalded my left hand the other day pouring pasta into a colander. Some of the hot water splashed onto my index and middle finger on the left hand. At first I ran cold water over it. Then later I read that you should not use ice water which is what I was doing. I remembered some plaintain gel in my refrigerator that my GF sent me two years ago when I had Shingles. I put some of that on it and it took the pain out right away. I can still see the burn marks and can feel it if I get it in hot water, but I'm still using the gel and it seems to be getting better. No pain and no blisters.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:12 AM   #15326
Stazon Splitcoast

ouch on the scald, Maggie. yes, we grew up to instantly get it under cold water and to use butter.
Strange how things that worked for generations is not longer the thing to do. Heal quick.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:14 AM   #15327
Stazon Splitcoast

Spirit was either chasing a mouse or a ghost. He also likes to get into the bottom of the buffet. I'd hoped my stuff there would prevent him from trying that.

I won't be able to put my blog planning board back together until Bob gets home. He might be able to fix the board and easel. If we can't fix the easel I won't replace that right now. I'll just worry about the board/ frame so that is usable.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:25 PM   #15328
Quacker Stamper

Started out today going to the bank to deposit a check my sis brought me yesterday for her TSO tickets for her and her two grandsons. Then I made a trip to the grocery store and forgot to get AA batteries for my smoke detector.

Today is the start of week 2 of classes. That's when it really starts to get serious. In my Research class, we have had two videos so far. Usually there is a transcript that you can save. For some reason, when I click on the transcript link, I get nothing, so I've been doing my own transcribing which means I listen to the video, stop it, and then write down, what she said. The first one was 44 minutes long which meant it was about 3x that long for me since I was transcribing it as it was going along. Luckily, the second one was only 16 minutes long. I think it does help for me to understand and remember what she says to do it that way which is why I like them to have the transcript so I can read it and search it without having to watch the video over and over.

My American Foundations class is going to be the death of me. This week I have two long readings and then I have to do a discussion post on two questions. I also have an essay to write by the end of Saturday. It's a good thing I'm not working. I don't think I'd ever be able to get all this done if I had a job too.
ScrappinCEO and nhagen like this post.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:54 AM   #15329
Stazon Splitcoast

You got this, Maggie! If anyone can get through this new round, it's you!
Sorry I missed my blog post last Wed. Just way too busy trying to find my house and make room for Kitty and Steve. I wound up cleaning all day on my birthday. Then a not so enjoyable weekend. Was nice spending time with sissy and helping her with some things but I got next to no crafting on my own.
Changes are coming in my life! So ready to breathe again.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:56 AM   #15330
Stazon Splitcoast

Bob is on his way home, I'm prepping for World Cardmaking Day, HoneyB still needs his surgery and I have conference next weekend.

Absent is my word for the next two weeks.

Good news is, we are finally beginning to see Fall -like weather. yay!!!! My big jack o lantern pumpkins are ripening.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:51 AM   #15331
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, gals!
Just a quick pop-in. I am on FB all day today. Trying to post contect every hour for World Cardmaking Day. Also keeping my IG feed live and I want to do a quick YouTube video.

Going to be a crazy day. Bob went off to target practice with a couple of buddies. Told me to text him if he forgets to come home in time to go to dinner lol
I want to go see Abominable. I think that is going to be a really cute movie. Bob said we need to rent a couple of kids. I told him he'd be surprised how many adults are there without kids. lol
mschoener and nhagen like this post.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #15332
Quacker Stamper

Hi Kelly and Nancy.

Things have been really busy here with school and such. I have a lot of reading to do for my Amer. Foundations class. We are studying the Constitution right now. It's pretty interesting since I don't think I've ever read it.
We had a cold front come through last Friday and then a warm front on Monday and now another cold front. Mother Nature just can't make up her mind.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday I was gone all day at the Texas State Genealogical Society Family History Convention. It was really interesting and I got to attend a lot of classes, quite a few on DNA and what to do with it. I need to convince my brother and sister to let me manager theirs so I can post it on GedMatch and see if I can get any hits on my Cox side of the family.

Monday I had my annual physical. Doctor said I looked great. I hope all my tests say the same thing. My doctor happens to be my former boss's brother so he told me all about how he is not doing well. Oh wall, not my problem.

Today I had my six month dental cleaning. I should have figured this out while I was there, but didn't do it. They charged me extra for something that I didn't know at the time. I got in touch with my insurance company after I got home to check it out. The issue wasn't that they shouldn't have charged me, the issue was that they should have told me they were going to charge me for a fluoride treatment and the simple oral cancer screening they do. Certainly not worth $43 in my book and I told them when I called that I would not be having those done anymore. Quite unnecessary.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:58 AM   #15333
Stazon Splitcoast

I hate when they don't tell you about charges. I think they are required to. Glad doctor's visit went well, though! Keeping positive thoughts on the tests.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:09 AM   #15334
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, girls.
Just a quick check in. Bob just woke up. He leaves tomorrow so we're down to our last 2 days of coffee time.

My oldest sister passed away unexpectedly on Oct. 8th I left for writer's conference on october 9th.
I loved my sister but our age difference made her want to be more of a mother figure than a sister. We had a lot in common she just wouldn't see. I will miss her but we didn't communicate much. She was one of those that it was all about her when you tried to have a conversation.

The conference went really well... to the point I'll be changing my focus on a few things in the new year.

I plan to indi-publish 3 fiction books next year as well as 1 non-fiction but I also pitched to a friend/ editor who is interested in my Western Historical romance. She wants the first 3 chapters so that's my first project after Bob leaves.

I've decided to go back to being a Hobby Dem with stampin' up!. If I pick up orders along the way, that's great but I have to eliminate something from my plate and the work I'm putting into SU just isn't netting me any return. I'm going back to playing with my toys and focusing on my Etsy shop.

So there's me in a catch-up nutshell.

Will be back later in the week.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:53 AM   #15335
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Friday, girls!

Wow... where is everyone?
Maggie, sounds like school is keeping you busy. Good thing you had to retire

Nancy, how are things with you? Bob said it's 44* there this morning. We're at 48* here and supposed to have rain all day.

I posted cards to the gallery this morning. Thank you, Maggie, for the fun kit. I still have a few items that I may incorporate into my October Daily album.

Bob left Tuesday so I've just been trying to play catch up around here. Not real fast, just little things. Sinus headache this morning so will have to get rid of that before I accomplish much else.

My only goal for today is to get Walgreens to reprint pictures they messed up. Chopped is a better word. They are photos for my october daily album I'm trying to stay on top of.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #15336
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good morning, gals!
Just a quick pop-in. I am on FB all day today. Trying to post contect every hour for World Cardmaking Day. Also keeping my IG feed live and I want to do a quick YouTube video.

Going to be a crazy day. Bob went off to target practice with a couple of buddies. Told me to text him if he forgets to come home in time to go to dinner lol
I want to go see Abominable. I think that is going to be a really cute movie. Bob said we need to rent a couple of kids. I told him he'd be surprised how many adults are there without kids. lol

Ha, ha! That’s funny. I know a lot of adults that go see kids movies. I talked my son into going to see Toy Story 4 with me.

Last edited by nhagen; 10-26-2019 at 05:48 PM..
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:42 PM   #15337
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good morning, girls.
Just a quick check in. Bob just woke up. He leaves tomorrow so we're down to our last 2 days of coffee time.

My oldest sister passed away unexpectedly on Oct. 8th I left for writer's conference on october 9th.
I loved my sister but our age difference made her want to be more of a mother figure than a sister. We had a lot in common she just wouldn't see. I will miss her but we didn't communicate much. She was one of those that it was all about her when you tried to have a conversation.

The conference went really well... to the point I'll be changing my focus on a few things in the new year.

I plan to indi-publish 3 fiction books next year as well as 1 non-fiction but I also pitched to a friend/ editor who is interested in my Western Historical romance. She wants the first 3 chapters so that's my first project after Bob leaves.

I've decided to go back to being a Hobby Dem with stampin' up!. If I pick up orders along the way, that's great but I have to eliminate something from my plate and the work I'm putting into SU just isn't netting me any return. I'm going back to playing with my toys and focusing on my Etsy shop.

So there's me in a catch-up nutshell.

Will be back later in the week.

Sorry for your loss Kelly.

Good luck with the books! That sounds like a lot to write in a year. I wish I could write, I can only read books. LOL
Old 10-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #15338
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi Kelly and Nancy.

Things have been really busy here with school and such. I have a lot of reading to do for my Amer. Foundations class. We are studying the Constitution right now. It's pretty interesting since I don't think I've ever read it.
We had a cold front come through last Friday and then a warm front on Monday and now another cold front. Mother Nature just can't make up her mind.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday I was gone all day at the Texas State Genealogical Society Family History Convention. It was really interesting and I got to attend a lot of classes, quite a few on DNA and what to do with it. I need to convince my brother and sister to let me manager theirs so I can post it on GedMatch and see if I can get any hits on my Cox side of the family.

Monday I had my annual physical. Doctor said I looked great. I hope all my tests say the same thing. My doctor happens to be my former boss's brother so he told me all about how he is not doing well. Oh wall, not my problem.

Today I had my six month dental cleaning. I should have figured this out while I was there, but didn't do it. They charged me extra for something that I didn't know at the time. I got in touch with my insurance company after I got home to check it out. The issue wasn't that they shouldn't have charged me, the issue was that they should have told me they were going to charge me for a fluoride treatment and the simple oral cancer screening they do. Certainly not worth $43 in my book and I told them when I called that I would not be having those done anymore. Quite unnecessary.

I left our last dentist because they never went over the proposed charges with you beforehand (among other things).

You sound busy with classes but in a good way!
Old 10-26-2019, 05:47 PM   #15339
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ladies! Sorry I have been MIA. Two kid’s birthdays in October and DH was out of town last week and he goes out of town next week. Doctors and dentist appointments galore. Just a lot of little stuff going on. It is getting cold. I can’t believe it is almost November!
Old 10-27-2019, 05:38 AM   #15340
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Happy Friday, girls!

Wow... where is everyone?
Maggie, sounds like school is keeping you busy. Good thing you had to retire

Nancy, how are things with you? Bob said it's 44* there this morning. We're at 48* here and supposed to have rain all day.

I posted cards to the gallery this morning. Thank you, Maggie, for the fun kit. I still have a few items that I may incorporate into my October Daily album.

Bob left Tuesday so I've just been trying to play catch up around here. Not real fast, just little things. Sinus headache this morning so will have to get rid of that before I accomplish much else.

My only goal for today is to get Walgreens to reprint pictures they messed up. Chopped is a better word. They are photos for my october daily album I'm trying to stay on top of.
Hi Kelly, I hope the sinus headache has long gone and you are feeling better.

Yes, school has been keeping me busy, plus a couple of lunches for my birthday including one with my former boss. I wasn't sure if I would hear from him, but he called me on my birthday and invited me to lunch the next day. It turned out very well. We were able to meet and chat like friends instead of boss and subordinate worker.

Last evening I went over to DD's for an Astro's Watch Party. YEAH, THEY WON! It's now 2 games apiece, so we have to win two more. I hope they win again tonight and then they will have two games at home. The Nationals pitching last night was terrible. We had a ton of food and I had to bring my dessert home - 2 chocolate/mint cupcakes (I made them) and some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (my DGD made those). I only stayed there until about 10 and then came home and watched the rest of the game.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:42 AM   #15341
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Hey ladies! Sorry I have been MIA. Two kid’s birthdays in October and DH was out of town last week and he goes out of town next week. Doctors and dentist appointments galore. Just a lot of little stuff going on. It is getting cold. I can’t believe it is almost November!
Cold here too. What happened to Fall???????? We seem to go from summer to winter overnight.

I did get to see two butterflies hatch this last week. I didn't even know I had the chrysalis until the monarchs hatched. They were outside the hutch. I also found two small caterpillars on my milkweed. Last weekend I had started to cut my plants back so the monarchs would not come lay eggs. I hadn't seen any butterflies around for awhile. I have the two caterpillars in the hutch with some milkweed and they seem to be doing well. I still have a bunch more of the milkweed that I need to cut back, but I look for eggs or cattys as I'm cutting so I don't throw any away.

Old 10-27-2019, 02:24 PM   #15342
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Ha, ha! That’s funny. I know a lot of adults that go see kids movies. I talked my son into going to see Toy Story 4 with me.

Loved Abominable! Though my friend informed me later I should have stayed through the credits. :: no spoiler alert :::
Old 10-27-2019, 02:29 PM   #15343
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sorry for your loss Kelly.

Good luck with the books! That sounds like a lot to write in a year. I wish I could write, I can only read books. LOL

Thank you, Nancy.
I'm always looking for Beta readers who enjoy Hallmark stories.

I actually only have to write 2... that is Book 2 to release in May and Book 3 to release in September.
The third book is the one I hope to get my rights back to the eBook I published with Burroughs 8 years ago. I want to release it in print with a cover that fits the book. I have an amazing cover artist so I know she'll 'get' what I'm looking for.

If all goes well I want to format the booklet from my presentation last year on choosing your Top 3 Social Media platforms. That I can either offer through Amazon or just print off as a handbook myself. Still weighing that one.
Old 10-27-2019, 02:33 PM   #15344
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls.
We had a gorgeous day here. Almost 70* ... now they're talking nights in the 20s and possible light snow for Halloween!!!

I moved some things to the new storage shed we bought last week.This will be strictly for my decorations, my mower and electric hand tools like weed eater/leaf blower, etc.
I need to spend a couple days next week hanging insulation. I'm not going to try and do it all in one day or my shoulders will hate me! Then when Bob comes home next we'll put the shelves in... just in time to put Halloween decor away and start putting out Christmas.
Our paid storage shed is up Jan. 1 so I want to get stuff moved out of there as soon as the shelves are in place.
Never a dull moment.
Old 10-27-2019, 02:36 PM   #15345
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with 'almost November'! Where has this year gone? As to weather, we pretty much skipped fall. We have had below average temperatures for 2 weeks. The garden got hit hard around the 10th of October while i was away at conference. Was able to sacrifice enough tomatoes for one batch of spaghetti and enough green ones to fry one night for a snack.

My straw bales for next year were delivered on the 17th. I have all but 8 in place. The remainder are stored in the greenhouse for now.
I was really hoping for 'fall' so I could give the garden shed and green house a deep clean. So far, doesn't look promising.
Old 10-27-2019, 02:36 PM   #15346
Stazon Splitcoast

I am hosting Tickle a Teapotter this week. I hope you'll come play with us. I'll be uploading my card to the gallery on Monday night then details will go out Tuesday morning.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:49 AM   #15347
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, girls!
BRRR. Well, not quite. We're at 41* but it's going to get very cold tonight. Kids will be trick or treating tomorrow with wind chills in the upper 20's!!!!!

I can't remember ever having a Halloween this cold.... not even when I lived in CO or central IL.

Thankfully, I don't have to go anywhere til I take HB to the vet early Friday morning. Then I think I'm off in search of a big hot breakfast and some shopping before I work on my book.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #15348
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls.
Stopping in to say hi. Way too quiet here.

I wound up taking HB to the vet then having to go back and get him. In pre-surgery blood work they found his liver enzymes were elevated so couldn't do the surgery.

He is on a supplement until the first of Dec. to hopefully lower those then they can proceed with the surgery.

I'm in deep organization mode here in the studio. ... while trying to write book 2 in my series.

We got a skiff of snow yesterday... looked more like someone scattered powdered sugar everywhere. Today our high has been 28* with brutal windchil in the lower teens. Many schools in the SOUTHERN part of the state called off today. The northern 1/2 of the state didn't get his blast like we did. Isn't that odd.

We're to be in the mid 50s the rest of the week but getting really cold at night. At least Bob wont freeze in the deer stand next weekend.

Maggie, I know you've been super buys.
Nancy, how are you guys doing? Did you get any of the chicago snow yesterday?
Old 11-12-2019, 02:41 PM   #15349
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi girls.
Stopping in to say hi. Way too quiet here.

I wound up taking HB to the vet then having to go back and get him. In pre-surgery blood work they found his liver enzymes were elevated so couldn't do the surgery.

He is on a supplement until the first of Dec. to hopefully lower those then they can proceed with the surgery.

I'm in deep organization mode here in the studio. ... while trying to write book 2 in my series.

We got a skiff of snow yesterday... looked more like someone scattered powdered sugar everywhere. Today our high has been 28* with brutal windchil in the lower teens. Many schools in the SOUTHERN part of the state called off today. The northern 1/2 of the state didn't get his blast like we did. Isn't that odd.

We're to be in the mid 50s the rest of the week but getting really cold at night. At least Bob wont freeze in the deer stand next weekend.

Maggie, I know you've been super buys.
Nancy, how are you guys doing? Did you get any of the chicago snow yesterday?
Hi Kelly, yes, life has been very busy. I can't believe how the days fly by.

I had a really lovely day today. First, I got my discussion post done for my American Foundations class. That is always a big hassle. Now I've even gotten one response done.

I went to meet one of the girls for lunch from my office. It's amazing how we've connected after all these years because although we were friendly and chatted with each other, we were not close and didn't go for lunch or anything. Her boss was the one who was evicted from the office. She and I have really hit it off and we had a great lunch today. Talked about a ton of things, and I have to remember to send her some recipes she asked for.

After lunch I went and had a mani-pedi. The place that I always went to is down by my office, so if it's that time and I'm down there, I go get them done. It was nice to be pampered.

When I got home I had gotten an email from one of the Bishop's counselors from my Ward that he and a member of the Stake Presidency want to come to see me tomorrow night!!!! That can only mean that they want to give me a Stake calling. I can't imagine. And if so, what about my family history consultant in my ward? I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow night to find out.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:43 PM   #15350
Quacker Stamper

Hey Nancy, I hope all is great with you.

It's sad. I saw on FB a photo of me and Brenda from three years ago when I went to Arizona for Copic Boot camp and we were able to meet up. I don't think that she's posted on here since then or shortly thereafter. I know she's busy with other aspects of her life now, but it's always sad to see someone disappear from your life.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:18 AM   #15351
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey Nancy, I hope all is great with you.

It's sad. I saw on FB a photo of me and Brenda from three years ago when I went to Arizona for Copic Boot camp and we were able to meet up. I don't think that she's posted on here since then or shortly thereafter. I know she's busy with other aspects of her life now, but it's always sad to see someone disappear from your life.

I agree. We connect on IG once in awhile and she always says she'll email/ text or whatever then I never hear from her again.

I told a friend in IL last week that I was really tired always being the one trying to uphold a friendship. If they can't contact me once in awhile, I just don't see the point anymore. Sad.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:21 AM   #15352
Stazon Splitcoast

wow.. tht does sound like a big thing, Maggie. Keep us posted.
I bet not having to work and take classes is much easier. Imagine if you were still working!
Mani/ pedi sounds relaxing. I can't do them. I hate peopel touching my feet and I can't sit still for a mani. I have to be doing something.

lol
Old 11-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #15353
Stazon Splitcoast

Quick update here before I run errands.
Bob was supposed to come home on Wed. We love that he finally has a schedule.
So Tuesday night he went to pull his truck up to the dock so he could load the biggest portion of his stuff... making getting on the raod Wed. morning a bit faster.
The truck wouldn't start.
Wed. morning he tried a new battery.. still nothing.
But when he opened the hood, he found one of our pack rats sitting on the radiator LOL
HIs boss used the contract towing service they have and had his truck towed to a garage they trust for all their company work. PLUS gave bob use of one of the crew vans so he isn't stuck at the hotel while he waits for repair.
Turns out it sounds like the wires to the computer module were corroded. They've ordered a refurbished one. Should be in today But sounds like Bob is stuck in Chicago at least until tomorrow.

He's soaking up the hot tub and watching MEttv 70s shows reruns.. which he loves.
But he is bored out of his skull!

He was so excited to finally be off for hunting season, which opens tomorrow. He has missed most of the past 3 seasons.
He isn't off to a good start this year lol.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:39 AM   #15354
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I agree. We connect on IG once in awhile and she always says she'll email/ text or whatever then I never hear from her again.

I told a friend in IL last week that I was really tired always being the one trying to uphold a friendship. If they can't contact me once in awhile, I just don't see the point anymore. Sad.
I had the same experience recently with a girl from work that I always considered a good friend. She has made a couple replies to a few of my posts on FB, but has not bothered to call me to get together for lunch sometime. She knows that I have been to lunch with a couple of the other girls.I think she expected to be included in one of those lunches instead of her making the effort to contact me. She told someone at the office that she spends all day on the phone (she's the receptionist) and when she gets home, she doesn't want to call anyone. Well, I know for a fact that she used to spend a lot of time on the phone talking to her friends. Also, the she was good friends with our paralegal who used to call her every morning on the way in to work and chat her ear off the whole way in. It is sad. That' the way I feel. Not mad, angry or upset, just sad.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #15355
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
wow.. tht does sound like a big thing, Maggie. Keep us posted.
I bet not having to work and take classes is much easier. Imagine if you were still working!
Mani/ pedi sounds relaxing. I can't do them. I hate peopel touching my feet and I can't sit still for a mani. I have to be doing something.

lol
Well, everything turned out fine. It was just a friendly visit. Since our Ward Conference is this weekend, I think the Stake Presidency were just trying to get out and visit with as many of the Ward members that they could. The lady I picked up to go to book club last night also had a visit after me the other night. It was a very nice visit. Found out he and his family are also cat lovers. They also feed some outside.

It is much easier which is why I'm not actively looking for a job right now. I may later after the first of the year. Still not sure about that. It does give me much more time to get things done. This semester has been full of lots of reading and writing.

Well, it's hard for me to cut my own toenails, so I'd go just for that.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #15356
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Quick update here before I run errands.
Bob was supposed to come home on Wed. We love that he finally has a schedule.
So Tuesday night he went to pull his truck up to the dock so he could load the biggest portion of his stuff... making getting on the raod Wed. morning a bit faster.
The truck wouldn't start.
Wed. morning he tried a new battery.. still nothing.
But when he opened the hood, he found one of our pack rats sitting on the radiator LOL
HIs boss used the contract towing service they have and had his truck towed to a garage they trust for all their company work. PLUS gave bob use of one of the crew vans so he isn't stuck at the hotel while he waits for repair.
Turns out it sounds like the wires to the computer module were corroded. They've ordered a refurbished one. Should be in today But sounds like Bob is stuck in Chicago at least until tomorrow.

He's soaking up the hot tub and watching MEttv 70s shows reruns.. which he loves.
But he is bored out of his skull!

He was so excited to finally be off for hunting season, which opens tomorrow. He has missed most of the past 3 seasons.
He isn't off to a good start this year lol.
Pack rat sitting on the radiator?????

Sorry he wasn't able to get on the road like he wanted to, but hope he gets home soon so he can get some hunting in.

I finally received my payment from my client for the research report I was working on. It took 9 days to get to me from across town. He went to the Post Office the other day to check on it and they told him that the sorting office where their mail went through was one that was destroyed in Imelda so it takes longer. I was able to get that in the bank this morning, so I'm about ready to send off the report.

I also was contacted by one of the extended family. She is the grand niece of the lady I was researching. She said her father never talked about the family and she just learned of her great aunt's passing because she had just started doing research. I told her I'd send her a copy of the report and that she was free to contact me with any questions she might have.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:54 AM   #15357
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey girls.
We had a gorgeous day here. Almost 70* ... now they're talking nights in the 20s and possible light snow for Halloween!!!

I moved some things to the new storage shed we bought last week.This will be strictly for my decorations, my mower and electric hand tools like weed eater/leaf blower, etc.
I need to spend a couple days next week hanging insulation. I'm not going to try and do it all in one day or my shoulders will hate me! Then when Bob comes home next we'll put the shelves in... just in time to put Halloween decor away and start putting out Christmas.
Our paid storage shed is up Jan. 1 so I want to get stuff moved out of there as soon as the shelves are in place.
Never a dull moment.

We had snow on Halloween! It was around 3-4”. So not very many trick or treaters. One group of three kids. LOL

It’s gotten very cold. Much colder in November than usual. The cold and the snow (it snowed again the other day) is messing up the leaf clean up.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:03 AM   #15358
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey!

I have been busy lately. Fall leaves, doctors and dentist appointments for me and the kids. It feels like I haven’t had much time to do anything but run around town. Now I am in Christmas shopping mode. I need to get the house cleaned and ready for thanksgiving too. My son wants the Christmas tree up before thanksgiving. I used to out it up the day after and somehow it started going up earlier and now it’s expected.

I need to think about Christmas cards but the last few years I haven’t been getting as many.

You guys both sound like you are busy as well!
Old 11-27-2019, 07:57 AM   #15359
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls.

Yes, Nancy.. Tradition in our home since I was 9 that the tree went up after Thanksgiving dinner. The 'tree' may go up tomorrow btu I always let the leaves settle for a couple of days before I start putting ornaments on. The lights go on as I put the branches in place. Just not sure what I'll accomplish on the living room between today and tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:22 AM   #15360
Stazon Splitcoast

I hadn't thought of you finding a job, Maggie. I figured with the school and geneology, you had enough on your plate. Glad the visit went well.