Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-02-2019, 01:22 PM   #15281
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I have been having sinus pressure in my left ear and vertigo. Doctor said my ears are fine. Not sure if it’s just inflammation in my ear from allergies or the calcium crystal floating in the wrong place in my ear. Of course, when he did some maneuver to make my head spin, nothing happened. Get home and sitting at home on the couch and move my head too fast and get dizzy. Why does that always happen?
Sounds strange Nancy. A GF at work was having attacks of vertigo and couldn't figure out what was going on. None of the doctors she was going to could figure it out either. Her DH who is a health guru finally determined it was something to do with her diet. She was having low blood pressure attacks where her blood pressure would drop so much that she'd have dizzy spells and black out.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:26 PM   #15282
Quacker Stamper

Did some work out with my caterpillars this morning. I have about 10 or so. Some are big enough to be making their chrysallis. I had to trim some of my milkweed because the aphids are so bad. They get all up in the tips of the plants so I can just clip off the top and throw it away and the rest of the plant is okay. If there aren't too many aphids, then I just squish them. I have a lot of plants left over from the spring, so I hope I don't have to buy too many more to get these through the season.
Doing some work in my craft room. Coloring up some Christmas images. I was going to clean my bathroom today, but I worked outside instead.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #15283
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That’s good to know! He asked a few people at work (one guy lives in Houston) and he also had good things to say.

He is planning for retirement (he is driving me crazy). We have some places in mind to check out. One requirement is certain hospitals need to be nearby for my kids. Specifically level 3 or 4 rated epilepsy hospitals. San Antonio and Austin meet that. I am willing to live within a 90 minute drive.

Prescott, Arizona is another place he wants to look at. Maybe Colorado near Colorado Springs.

I was born in CO but Texas holds my heart for some reason. I have many friends in Texas Hill Country. As I look at a trip to CO to see my eldest sister, I'm wishing I were going to Texas instead. how sad is that lol
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:34 AM   #15284
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with Maggie.. Austin is NUTS. I avoid Austin, but I do understand your needs for you son. Hill country is driveable to Austin. Many of the artists I promote live in Llano/ Fredricksburg area but play night gigs in Austin and drive back home the same night.
Being able to do 70 on a stretch of road that has ZERO traffic once you're out of Austin does help.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:35 AM   #15285
Stazon Splitcoast

Love your new signature line, Maggie
Old 08-03-2019, 06:37 AM   #15286
Stazon Splitcoast

I should be working inside. I have a couple of videos that need done but the girls tapped out my bandwidth this month. I have 2 more days then I can run the new Suite Sweet Journal project series. Uploading on lower bandwidth just is not an option unless I want up way early in the morning.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:42 AM   #15287
Quacker Stamper

Good morning!

A bit overcast today. Went out to check on my butterflies. I have about 7 chrysalises and at least 6 more caterpillars working on the milkweed. I found one plant that looked like it had a few eggs on it, so I stuck it in the hutch. I don't leave them out if they have eggs because then the wasps can pick the babies off as soon as they hatch.

Working on my budget this morning and paying bills. Then I go get started on the 2 bathrooms. That is is house project for today.
Worked on coloring some images last night. I'm going to try to catch up on making my Christmas cards.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:43 AM   #15288
Quacker Stamper

I also need to work on a resume. Dang, I haven't done one of those in 35 years.

Got a message from the insurance broker. She had some good news, so I have to call her back to and set up a time to meet with her.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:13 PM   #15289
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I also need to work on a resume. Dang, I haven't done one of those in 35 years.

Got a message from the insurance broker. She had some good news, so I have to call her back to and set up a time to meet with her.

Oh man, good luck on the resume!
Old 08-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #15290
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey! Kids went back to school yesterday. I went with some friends to see Queen +Adam Lambert in concert over the weekend. I haven’t been to a concert in a long time. It was a great show. We had a girls weekend and rented an apartment near the Untied Center to be close to the concert and spent the day Saturday at the Museum of Science and Industry. It was a fun weekend.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:46 AM   #15291
Quacker Stamper

Sounds like a fun weekend Nancy. It's always great to get together with GF's.

I've been busy getting things organized - mostly family history stuff, letters, and old emails.

I did get signed up with new insurance. Saw online today that the old firm did make a profit sharing distribution to our 401(k) yesterday so now I can get started on rolling that over to an IRA. I'll be able to figure out my finances after that gets done since I have to take a distribution from it since I am over 70 years old.

Today I'm working on my planner for next week as well as meal planning. The kids are coming for dinner on Sunday so need to figure that out. I figured out an easy way to do salads. I hate buying in the bags because they go bad so quickly. I started buying a four-pack of little baby romaine heads of lettuce. Each one cut up is enough for one meal so I just need to add stuff to them. So far there seems to be little waste.

Yesterday I spent some time in my stamp room. I went through a bunch of cards I had made and put a plain white layer inside to write on and paired them up with an envelope. I am thinking again of trying to sell them either at my hair dressers or on Etsy. I also have a few Christmas images colored up and need to work on making them into cards.
Old 08-24-2019, 05:41 PM   #15292
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello! Happy Saturday. Not much going on. Kids went back to school on 8/14. Everyone is tired after a full week of school this week.

I am not sure why, but I am not getting much stuff done around the house. I have a lot of yard work to do. Housework that needs to be done. I keep wanting to make time for scrap booking but haven’t. I need to get organized or disciplined or something!

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and the cooler temps.
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:21 AM   #15293
Quacker Stamper

Hi Nancy, No cooler weather yet down here in H Town. I think we're supposed to get some in a couple of weeks.

I am still working on getting my house organized and since I am not working right now, I have plenty of time to do it. I started working on my craft room yesterday. That will take some time to do as I have to look at everything before I can find a place to put it. This also runs into cleaning out the garage since I have a lot of my supplies in boxes out there. Cleaning out the garage is also another project that I want to get done this year before it gets too cold.
Old 08-26-2019, 07:22 AM   #15294
Quacker Stamper

Had a good weekend. Saturday night we had a Stake Conference for church, so I went with a GF. Afterwards people from my Ward were meeting at Freddy's for some fellowship time. I had never been before and had a lot of fun. I had a patty melt. No way I could eat ice cream after that although they say it is really good. One of the ladies got hers to go. I mentioned that it might be milk by the time she got home. She said she was going to drive really fast.

https://freddysusa.com/store

I skipped Stake Conference yesterday. I was up late after being out Saturday night and didn't roll out of bed until 8 a.m. I'm surprised that the kitties let me sleep that long. Usually Corey is crying at 7 for his breakfast.

We had writer's group last night. It was decided that we would only get together for two more months and then take a year off to actually get some writing done and then maybe get back together again after the break. I'm kind of sad because it's a nice fellowship time and I'll miss our get togethers. I'm not sure how much writing I'll get done with school coming up soon.

BTW, my card for the Creative Card Chicks monthly challenge won a Top 3 over at Crafting Happiness. I haven't played in challenges for a long time so I was thrilled to see my card picked.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:50 AM   #15295
Stazon Splitcoast

Sound like you're keeping busy in spite of 'retirement', Maggie. There's always something
Old 08-26-2019, 09:51 AM   #15296
Stazon Splitcoast

Love Freddy's. Haven't been there in ages.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:54 AM   #15297
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hello! Happy Saturday. Not much going on. Kids went back to school on 8/14. Everyone is tired after a full week of school this week.

I am not sure why, but I am not getting much stuff done around the house. I have a lot of yard work to do. Housework that needs to be done. I keep wanting to make time for scrap booking but haven’t. I need to get organized or disciplined or something!

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and the cooler temps.

Been too hot here to do much outside but that's too change this week. Bob's going to help me get the mum bed put in as well as the flower bed I want to put in along the front of the deck. We have storms moving through later tonight that is to bring cooler temps. I'm so ready
Old 08-27-2019, 09:26 AM   #15298
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls. Checking in. I'm getting cards made and projects up. Feels good to be crafting again. I'm going to set Fridays as my day to visit everyone so let's get some blog posts going! LOL

Hugs!
Old 08-27-2019, 02:29 PM   #15299
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a couple minutes left before we start supper. We bought the Emeril 360 air fryer. Our toaster oven is ancient (but still works!). I just hate heating up the oven for just me when Bob is gone but I do cook full meals. This is an early Christmas present. We buy one thing for the house every year.

Bob has the reg. air fryer on the boat and likes it so he'd been wanting one for the house. While this was more expensive we think it will fit our needs better. I plan to share recipes hits/ misses on my living through weightloss blog beginning soon.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #15300
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Sound like you're keeping busy in spite of 'retirement', Maggie. There's always something
Yes, and the hours every day just fly by.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #15301
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Love Freddy's. Haven't been there in ages.
I had their patty melt, and it was very yummy.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:20 AM   #15302
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I have a couple minutes left before we start supper. We bought the Emeril 360 air fryer. Our toaster oven is ancient (but still works!). I just hate heating up the oven for just me when Bob is gone but I do cook full meals. This is an early Christmas present. We buy one thing for the house every year.

Bob has the reg. air fryer on the boat and likes it so he'd been wanting one for the house. While this was more expensive we think it will fit our needs better. I plan to share recipes hits/ misses on my living through weightloss blog beginning soon.
I'm interested to hear how you like the air fryer oven. I saw Emeril recently on TV promoting it. Looks great, but not sure I need to spend that $$ for one person.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:20 AM   #15303
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm interested to hear how you like the air fryer oven. I saw Emeril recently on TV promoting it. Looks great, but not sure I need to spend that $$ for one person.

Actually, Maggie, just the opposite. So much more cost effective in the long run then heating up the larger oven for just one or two people. I don't have to heat up the kitchen, which makes the AC run harder, just for a personal sized pizza or oven fry fish or chicken.

We had a toaster oven - and it still works fine. But we've had that thing for at least 15 years and we bought it at an auction for $5. LOL Time to upgrade for sure.

I'm going to try dehydrating tomatoes tonight. Has to be more efficient than my old dehydrater.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:42 PM   #15304
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey!

It sounds like everyone is busy. Kelly, I have been seeing those air fryers at the store. We finally bought an electric pressure cooker earlier this year. Kind of late to the party. I have been learning to cook a variety of things in it.

Maggie, I need to do some cleaning and organizing too. I seem to have a list of things to do that I can’t seem to get done. I have a lot of yard work to do before it gets too cold and before leaf season comes.

I haven’t made any kind of plan to try and scrap either. I don’t feel very organized anymore.

It doesn’t seem like we have been doing very much either. Just busy work I guess.
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:42 AM   #15305
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hey!

It sounds like everyone is busy. Kelly, I have been seeing those air fryers at the store. We finally bought an electric pressure cooker earlier this year. Kind of late to the party. I have been learning to cook a variety of things in it.

Maggie, I need to do some cleaning and organizing too. I seem to have a list of things to do that I can’t seem to get done. I have a lot of yard work to do before it gets too cold and before leaf season comes.

I haven’t made any kind of plan to try and scrap either. I don’t feel very organized anymore.

It doesn’t seem like we have been doing very much either. Just busy work I guess.
Good morning. Busy day yesterday with errands in the morning. I finished up sorting all my dies yesterday. Now that I know what I have, I need to start using them more on my cards.

Next thing I want to do is run off a sample of all my embossing folders and put them in a binder too so I can readily see what I have. I really seem to neglect my folders when I'm card making. After folders are done, I'll work on my ribbon and culling out ones that I'll never use.

It was a little cooler out this morning, not so much humidity. Yeah! Our temps over the weekend were 100*. I hope to be able to get out and do some work in my flower beds this week. I also need to call the lawn sprinkler people. My sprinklers have been going off during the week and I have it turned on Manual, so they shouldn't been working unless I actually tell them to.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:43 AM   #15306
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Actually, Maggie, just the opposite. So much more cost effective in the long run then heating up the larger oven for just one or two people. I don't have to heat up the kitchen, which makes the AC run harder, just for a personal sized pizza or oven fry fish or chicken.

We had a toaster oven - and it still works fine. But we've had that thing for at least 15 years and we bought it at an auction for $5. LOL Time to upgrade for sure.

I'm going to try dehydrating tomatoes tonight. Has to be more efficient than my old dehydrater.
I hope it works out for you Kelly. I do have a convection oven that I use sometimes for little things, but I'm not sure really how it works.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:06 PM   #15307
Stazon Splitcoast

Vikkijo, thank you very much for lovely birthday card!
Old 09-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #15308
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good morning. Busy day yesterday with errands in the morning. I finished up sorting all my dies yesterday. Now that I know what I have, I need to start using them more on my cards.

Next thing I want to do is run off a sample of all my embossing folders and put them in a binder too so I can readily see what I have. I really seem to neglect my folders when I'm card making. After folders are done, I'll work on my ribbon and culling out ones that I'll never use.

It was a little cooler out this morning, not so much humidity. Yeah! Our temps over the weekend were 100*. I hope to be able to get out and do some work in my flower beds this week. I also need to call the lawn sprinkler people. My sprinklers have been going off during the week and I have it turned on Manual, so they shouldn't been working unless I actually tell them to.

I forget I own embossing folders! Every once in a while I remember and look through them to try and use one on a card.

It has been getting cooler in the mornings (anywhere from 55-65 degrees) and then by late afternoon it might get up to the mid 70’s. We are supposed to get into the 80’s for the next few days. I am not ready for fall yet.

Not much going on here.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #15309
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls.
Trying to get ahead of the game here.
Bob is officially on an actual schedule. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off. So I have until October 2nd to get all of my blog posts done between now and Oct. 23rd when he leaves again. LOL

That said, I also have 2 weeks left to get the mixed media stuff sorted/ put away so I can put the living room back in shape before he comes home. I'm using the girls' beds for a sorting station. They are just shy the length/ width of a twin bed that fold up into ottomans. End to end they go almost the full width of the living room. I have 2 tubs and a basket to sort over the next 2 weeks. Ugh!
Old 09-15-2019, 02:48 PM   #15310
Stazon Splitcoast

I hear you on the weather. I've decided we're going straight to winter or we're going to have fall in place of winter once it finally arrives. Our mornings are around 65* but we're back in the upper 80s low 90s by mid day. Not a lot of humidity but just too hot to do anything outside. I want to get the garden shed and the green house cleaned up this fall so they'll be ready for late winter garden start-up about March.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:09 PM   #15311
Stazon Splitcoast

HoneyB has hip issues. He has since he arrived almost 4 years ago (he'll be 4 in November). Well, apparently he has bumped the left one getting out of the truck when we picked him up from the vet (boarding) last Monday. I have been keeping an eye on him. He's been on prednisone for his allergies so hoped that would help with any inflamation. Apparently not. He is still fighting the limp and today his left hind leg totally went out from under him. So back to the vet we go tomorrow.

I've spent more on this baby than any of my animals combined.
I hadn't planned on leaving the house until Tuesday but I'm not going to let him limp this out for 2 more days.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:11 PM   #15312
Stazon Splitcoast

Nancy, I don't think my room will ever be organized the way I want. And organized is my thing LOL

Just pick up something and dive in! I've been playing in challenges more to get out of the 'same old same old' rut.

Come play. Your blog misses you
Old 09-15-2019, 06:17 PM   #15313
Quacker Stamper

Hi All. I've had a busy week and classes start up again tomorrow. I'm taking American Foundations (History) and Research Methodology. That second one should be a doozer - lots of research and writing.

Still working on my organizing, but I've spent some time recently coloring Christmas images so I can make some cards. I've also been playing with more challenges again. After I do my blogpost, I go look at Paper Playful and see what challenges they have. I have been doing the DD Christmas Card Challenges and have a bunch of cards made up that I haven't posted yet.

I got tickets the other day for my sis and 2 of her DGS's and me to see TSO again this year. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it since the show this year is on Sunday (it's usually on Friday), but we will go to the early show at 3 so it won't be so late when I get home. My flight out to CA is not too early on Monday, but I'll still have some time for last minute things. I'll be gone until the following Sunday, so only 6 days. It is her birthday on Tuesday and she and her DH took their kids to Disneyworld this week.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #15314
Quacker Stamper

I hope I finally have my insurance straightened out. The broker came back on Friday and resubmitted my paperwork. It should go into effect October 1. I hope so because I have a couple of doctor appointments scheduled for October.

I had to go to the Unemployment place Friday morning for a counseling meeting. It went very well. The man I spoke to was very nice and I explained all my plans to him and told him about school and my business etc. Then we got to talking about school and he needs to go back to finish his degree. I told him about the PathwayConnect program that I went through before I started at BYU-I. He was interested in that and even pulled up the website to look at. My good deed for the day.
Yesterday I went to a Family History Seminar at a Ward (not mine) about 40 minutes away from me. I have known the lady that was organizing it from many years back in our single days when I first joined the church in the mid 80's. She recruited me. She knows that I am into genealogy. The presentation went pretty well. My friend got some positive feedback on my class so I was happy about that.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:28 PM   #15315
Quacker Stamper

The kids came for dinner tonight. I made spaghetti and meatless meatballs. We love the Gardein brand. My DGS always wants to know how many he can have. I make two dozen, so there are plenty. I was making Rhodes bake and serve rolls for dinner. They take 3-5 hours to rise before baking them. I forgot to get them out of the freezer before I left for church, so when I got home at 1:45, I got them all reading in a big cake dish (9x13), covered with plastic wrap and put them in the warmest place I could think of - the garage. They rose up really nicely. Somehow they got a little crispy on the bottom. My dd said she really liked that and will have to try my way of rising the rolls.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #15316
Quacker Stamper

Tuesday morning I have the AT&T tech coming back again. I was having issues with this tv a few weeks ago. They thought it was the receiver and they sent me a new one, but it wasn't the right model, so I sent it back. Then it started working okay except that the signal would go out every morning and I had to restart it. Well, the other day it went out completely so they are sending a technician out to make sure it's the right one and that it gets connected correctly. Fine with me.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:50 AM   #15317
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Tuesday morning I have the AT&T tech coming back again. I was having issues with this tv a few weeks ago. They thought it was the receiver and they sent me a new one, but it wasn't the right model, so I sent it back. Then it started working okay except that the signal would go out every morning and I had to restart it. Well, the other day it went out completely so they are sending a technician out to make sure it's the right one and that it gets connected correctly. Fine with me.

Good luck!

Sounds like you're keeping busy. I have to ask myself... how did I ever have time for a job? LOL
Old 09-17-2019, 05:52 AM   #15318
Stazon Splitcoast

Took HoneyB to the vet yesterday. he blew the tendons in his hind left left and will need surgery. My main vet, Dr. Mike, had the same surgery on his arm yesterday after being kicked by his horse on Saturday. LOL My back-up vet, Dr. Carmen, is in the office for a few hours on thursday then is gone til next week some time. She used to be with Dr. Mike's office but is now about 90 miles away. But she knows HB so he'll be comfortable with someone he knows. I hope to hear from her on Thursday.

In the mean time he is on pain meds 2x a day and living in his kennel except to eat and potty so he isn't trying to use the knee. He is such a good baby. He's only 4 years old.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:31 AM   #15319
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good luck!

Sounds like you're keeping busy. I have to ask myself... how did I ever have time for a job? LOL
That is so true Kelly, although I am still sending out resumes. I have actually had two companies contact me. The first was too far away for me to do a daily commute. The second had a requirement for a bilingual/Spanish-speaking individual, which I don't do.

The ATT tech came this morning and installed a WAP (some little wireless devise that is supposed to enhance the signal and installed a new receiver, so should be good to go for a few years now.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #15320
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Took HoneyB to the vet yesterday. he blew the tendons in his hind left left and will need surgery. My main vet, Dr. Mike, had the same surgery on his arm yesterday after being kicked by his horse on Saturday. LOL My back-up vet, Dr. Carmen, is in the office for a few hours on thursday then is gone til next week some time. She used to be with Dr. Mike's office but is now about 90 miles away. But she knows HB so he'll be comfortable with someone he knows. I hope to hear from her on Thursday.

In the mean time he is on pain meds 2x a day and living in his kennel except to eat and potty so he isn't trying to use the knee. He is such a good baby. He's only 4 years old.
So sorry for Bear. I hope that the surgery will go well and he'll be back to his old self. Sad when they have to be crated and they're not sure why.