In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2019, 03:03 PM   #15241
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
HI girls!

Popping in. I finally have all of the Retired DSP cataloged correctly. I failed to do that as it came in last year. Won't make that mistake again! LOL My catalogs are ready to go out to customers.

Done all I'm going to do for today. Tomorrow I'll finish putting the business end back in order then start sorting the mixed media stuff. I HAVE to finish this project this week. I want to play this weekend as will by my last chance to finish the May junk journal challenge and I've not done much of it at all. I'm really missing playing.

Weather has been pretty interesting here in MO for the last 6 or 7 days. NW corner of the state is getting hit again tonight but I get a reprieve. Sadly, the humidity has moved in. I had to close up the house and turn on the AC for the first time in almost two weeks. Waiting for sun to go down then I'm going to the garden for a bit.

Maggie, sounds like school about wore you out last week. Hope you get a couple of days to breathe.

You sound like you are accomplishing a lot.

Our weather has been interesting. A lot of rain. We finally got some nice warm temps and now it’s cold and raining again.
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #15242
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

One kid is done with school today. The other’s last day is Tuesday. Last Friday DD had a runny nose (she still does) and she was kind enough to share. So I have been feeling under the weather.

Got some weeding done but not nearly enough. If it would stop raining for a week then maybe I could make some headway.

Otherwise not much else going on.
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:43 PM   #15243
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

Finally a gorgeous day today. No rain and it got up to 78 degrees. Today was the first day of our neighborhood annual garage sale. I was outside today peddling my wares and reading. I don’t think I will go out tomorrow. Maybe Saturday.

One of my neighbors is redoing their yard and is giving away plants. I need to call and see if I can come by tomorrow and see what I can use. They had a huge lists of plants. Only catch is, I have to dig them up myself.
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:10 PM   #15244
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I will check them out!

We went to Half Price Books today. They are having 20% off this weekend off everything. I bought two books in hardcover that I have already read but I wanted to own. They are YA but really fun. They only had the first and third book and not the middle one. I’ll have to keep checking for the middle one. The series is called The Illuninea Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.
Looks like a good series.


I'm reading Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate. It's really good. I hate putting it down.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:13 PM   #15245
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
One kid is done with school today. The other’s last day is Tuesday. Last Friday DD had a runny nose (she still does) and she was kind enough to share. So I have been feeling under the weather.

Got some weeding done but not nearly enough. If it would stop raining for a week then maybe I could make some headway.

Otherwise not much else going on.
I've been working outside some in the flower beds and taking care of butterflies and milkweed.
I thought I'd get a lot done over the Memorial day weekend, but then I had a problem with a report I was doing for a client and ended up spending most of the weekend reconstructing it. I did go over to DD's on Monday for a little Graduation celebration for my DGD graduating from college. My other DGD out in Utah also graduated college and one of my great nephews. My grandson-in-law received his Masters.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #15246
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Finally a gorgeous day today. No rain and it got up to 78 degrees. Today was the first day of our neighborhood annual garage sale. I was outside today peddling my wares and reading. I don’t think I will go out tomorrow. Maybe Saturday.

One of my neighbors is redoing their yard and is giving away plants. I need to call and see if I can come by tomorrow and see what I can use. They had a huge lists of plants. Only catch is, I have to dig them up myself.
That sounds like a good deal. When I was at Lowe's the other day, I picked up some zinnia's, a couple vinca, and another planat I don't know the name of. I'm trying to get a lot of flowers to attract the butterflies to my yard.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #15247
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

I picked up a bunch of plants and I got most of them planted. This is what I got:

Ferns
Buttercup
Bee Balm
Chive
A plant I already forgot what it is. I have a lot of it too 🤔

For some reason no one else in the neighborhood has taken them up on the free plants. They said I can come back and get more. I can ask what that one plant is that I can’t remember the name.

She has a giant aster that I want to try and get at least a few stalks.



nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #15248
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I picked up a bunch of plants and I got most of them planted. This is what I got:

Ferns
Buttercup
Bee Balm
Chive
A plant I already forgot what it is. I have a lot of it too 🤔

For some reason no one else in the neighborhood has taken them up on the free plants. They said I can come back and get more. I can ask what that one plant is that I can’t remember the name.

She has a giant aster that I want to try and get at least a few stalks.

Nancy, it sounds like you did okay with getting those plants. You'll have to take some photos when you get them all planted so we can see how they look. So nice.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:08 PM   #15249
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Hectic day at the office. I spent 3 1/2 hours reading and revising a final award my boss was writing for an arbitration he has been involved in. It would not have been so bad if I had been working on it all along, but after I did the initial set up, he had the paralegal work on it twice and he has been working on it. It was a mess - 78 pages long. I had a lot of typos and grammar errors - misspelled words and punctuation errors. I was glad to get that finished.


I think we won't hear from Kelly for awhile. She went to pick up the grands last week, and they will be with her for awhile. I know they will all be happy to be together again.




__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #15250
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

Hey Maggie!

I don’t know what your boss will do when you retire! Ugh, that is a lot of work editing a 78 page document.

It’s been gloomy, overcast and cool outside. Drizzling today and only in the 60’s. The buttercups I planted from the neighbor are blooming. I will try to get a mosquito season and they are out and hunting. LOL

The kids have been in summer school. Four half-days for three weeks. Tomorrow is their last day. DH is out of town this week.

I can’t think of anything else going on.
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:56 AM   #15251
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Hey Maggie!

I don’t know what your boss will do when you retire! Ugh, that is a lot of work editing a 78 page document.

It’s been gloomy, overcast and cool outside. Drizzling today and only in the 60’s. The buttercups I planted from the neighbor are blooming. I will try to get a mosquito season and they are out and hunting. LOL

The kids have been in summer school. Four half-days for three weeks. Tomorrow is their last day. DH is out of town this week.

I can’t think of anything else going on.
I don't know either Nancy. I think he may have to retire too.


I'm sure those buttercups are looking very pretty.


Got any plans for the rest of the summer?
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:57 AM   #15252
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Busy day today getting ready for my trip to Pittsburgh and Atlanta. I leave tomorrow to go to GRIP - Genealogy Institute for a week-long course. That ends on Friday at noon and then I'll be traveling to Atlanta to spend the weekend with my younger brother and sister-in-law. My youngest daughter will also be joining us, so we'll have a fun time catching up. I haven't seen my brother in about eight years. It's been a lot longer than that since my DD has seen him.

My DGD is coming this week to take care of the kitties inside and outside, pick up mail, and house sit. She'll come in the evening and spend the night, take care of the kitties in the morning and then she'll have the whole day to herself.

Not sure I told you guys that she got a job!!!!!!!! She just graduated from college with a degree in psychology and will be working with children with autism. She has some experience with this since her brother is a special needs person. I can't call him a child anymore since he's a junior in college.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:49 PM   #15253
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 31,853
Default

hey girls!
Remember me?

Well, I didn't finish sorting the mixed media. Still waiting on me but I did finish the may Journal.

Working on the June one now. The girls are here so trying not to ignore them and do fun stuff. basically doing what I have to do and letting everything else slide.

We are also having to watch the internet usage with 3 of us using the bandwidth now. We have 12 days to go and only 27% left! We'll see how this goes next month. They are here til the 27th of July.

Wiener roast in the back yard tonight and trying the new chocolate -filled marshmallows for s'mores.

Got hit with rain last night... wind that sucked the air vents right out of the top of the storage trailer. No clue where in the timber they landed.
More rain this morning then another round due in here tomorrow.

Those sound like good reads, Nancy.. for YA I recommend Season of the Crows by Prix Gautney. I believe Book 2 is out own. YA fantasy. The author is amazing. Writes the first and second draft totally by hand in spiral notebooks.

Maggie, you're going to have so much fun on your trip! What a treat to see your brother after such a long time. Been probably 12 since I last saw my oldest sister. I'm planning to visit her in Sept.

Off to set stuff up for the roast tonight. Hugs!
__________________
Kelly
Blog SU Blog
Challenges: S2S $653 AOCC18
ScrappinCEO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:14 PM   #15254
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
One kid is done with school today. The other’s last day is Tuesday. Last Friday DD had a runny nose (she still does) and she was kind enough to share. So I have been feeling under the weather.

Got some weeding done but not nearly enough. If it would stop raining for a week then maybe I could make some headway.

Otherwise not much else going on.
I had an allergy attack last weekend and Sunday and Monday I had a terrible runny nose - like a faucet. When I came home from work on Monday, I was trying to figure out what to eat for dinner, so I made some Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup. I ate a cup of it and my nose stopped running right away. It was amazing! It's my new cure for runny noses.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:03 PM   #15255
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Busy day today getting ready for my trip to Pittsburgh and Atlanta. I leave tomorrow to go to GRIP - Genealogy Institute for a week-long course. That ends on Friday at noon and then I'll be traveling to Atlanta to spend the weekend with my younger brother and sister-in-law. My youngest daughter will also be joining us, so we'll have a fun time catching up. I haven't seen my brother in about eight years. It's been a lot longer than that since my DD has seen him.

My DGD is coming this week to take care of the kitties inside and outside, pick up mail, and house sit. She'll come in the evening and spend the night, take care of the kitties in the morning and then she'll have the whole day to herself.

Not sure I told you guys that she got a job!!!!!!!! She just graduated from college with a degree in psychology and will be working with children with autism. She has some experience with this since her brother is a special needs person. I can't call him a child anymore since he's a junior in college.


Have fun at your class and have a nice visit with your brother and DD.

Congrats to your DGD!

No plans for the summer. The kids are done with summer school. Weather wise it hasn’t been much of a spring or summer. It just keeps raining. Finally the temps are out of the 60’s during the day.
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:06 PM   #15256
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
hey girls!
Remember me?

Well, I didn't finish sorting the mixed media. Still waiting on me but I did finish the may Journal.

Working on the June one now. The girls are here so trying not to ignore them and do fun stuff. basically doing what I have to do and letting everything else slide.

We are also having to watch the internet usage with 3 of us using the bandwidth now. We have 12 days to go and only 27% left! We'll see how this goes next month. They are here til the 27th of July.

Wiener roast in the back yard tonight and trying the new chocolate -filled marshmallows for s'mores.

Got hit with rain last night... wind that sucked the air vents right out of the top of the storage trailer. No clue where in the timber they landed.
More rain this morning then another round due in here tomorrow.

Those sound like good reads, Nancy.. for YA I recommend Season of the Crows by Prix Gautney. I believe Book 2 is out own. YA fantasy. The author is amazing. Writes the first and second draft totally by hand in spiral notebooks.

Maggie, you're going to have so much fun on your trip! What a treat to see your brother after such a long time. Been probably 12 since I last saw my oldest sister. I'm planning to visit her in Sept.

Off to set stuff up for the roast tonight. Hugs!

Have fun with your grand kids. I am sure they are having lots of fun. I haven’t seen those chocolate stuffed marshmallows. I bet those turned out yummy. Thanks for the book recs. I will have to check them out.
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:15 PM   #15257
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

Happy 4th of July!
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:47 PM   #15258
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Have fun at your class and have a nice visit with your brother and DD.

Congrats to your DGD!

No plans for the summer. The kids are done with summer school. Weather wise it hasn’t been much of a spring or summer. It just keeps raining. Finally the temps are out of the 60’s during the day.
Hi Nancy. Happy 4th of July!

My week away was great. I hope I learned a lot. It was all very intense. We had at least 4 lectures every day.

The weekend with my brother and sil and DD was great. We had time to just sit and talk about old times, mostly about my grandfather since my brother was very close to him. I even got to record some of it. I really wanted my brother's voice. I got home Sunday evening. My poor DD got stuck in Atlanta for over 3 hours later than she should have been. They were having mechanical issues with their plane which was in DC. They ended up having to fly in another plane for them. I'm attaching a photo of the four of us - Michele, Me, my brother Tom, and my DD Debbie. Michele's uncle was visiting to say hi and he took the photo. I don't know why it is posting upside down.

I took off Monday to get things cleaned up - empty suitcases and do laundry.

Back to work Tuesday and Wednesday. Bosses were in Cancun. They will be back in the office tomorrow. All everyone can talk about at work is the merger with the new firm. Basically, it's like we're all getting fired and then rehired (maybe). I understand that there will be some staff layoffs. We are supposed to receive either our offers or layoff notices next week.

School has kept me really busy. I was able to get most of my work done while I was at the conference. One of my instructors was there also. I ran into her a couple of times. I'm all caught up with my work right now. In one of my classes we are doing oral interviews. I had to transcribe one that I did with my sis. It was very tedious. It was actually tedious doing the interview a couple of weeks ago. It was like pulling teeth, but I have about seven pages of transcription.

I think I'll go try to get some stamping done. I don't get to spend much time in there anymore. Petunia got stuck in there the other night. Luckily, not for too long. I heard her crying but couldn't figure out where she was. I opened that door at least twice while I was searching for her. The third time I made the loop around the house, I actually stepped into the room and there she was hiding behind the door. Silly cat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190630_104357.jpg (64.7 KB, 3 views)
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mschoener; 07-04-2019 at 04:11 PM..
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #15259
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Have fun with your grand kids. I am sure they are having lots of fun. I haven’t seen those chocolate stuffed marshmallows. I bet those turned out yummy. Thanks for the book recs. I will have to check them out.
I'd like to find some of those chocolate stuffed marshmallows. Yummy. I"m going to have to look for them at the store.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:50 PM   #15260
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Happy 4th of July!
Nothing much going on here today. No celebrations. I do have dinner at DD's on Sunday to celebrate her birthday which was Monday.



I think I'll try to watch one of the celebrations on TV. I'm kind of glad not to be going anywhere. It is so hot and humid here.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #15261
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

Hey Maggie! I’m glad you had a nice visit with your brother, SIL and DD.

I wish I could take the genealogy classes like you are.

So what happened with work? I didn’t know the company was merging with another firm. I am assuming you received an offer? I don’t think your boss could work without you!

I’m not doing much. For some reason I seem busy all day and can’t fnd time to scrap or anything, I need to set one day a week aside for crafting.

It’s been really hot. First, Spring was really cold then summer arrived with heat. It’s been in the 80’s and low 90’s. At least it isn’t humid!
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:16 PM   #15262
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Hey Maggie! I’m glad you had a nice visit with your brother, SIL and DD.

I wish I could take the genealogy classes like you are.

So what happened with work? I didn’t know the company was merging with another firm. I am assuming you received an offer? I don’t think your boss could work without you!

I’m not doing much. For some reason I seem busy all day and can’t fnd time to scrap or anything, I need to set one day a week aside for crafting.

It’s been really hot. First, Spring was really cold then summer arrived with heat. It’s been in the 80’s and low 90’s. At least it isn’t humid!
I want to sign up for another genealogy class next year. I'd love to go to SLIG which is the Salt Lake Institute for Genealogy. It is in January though and not sure I want to attempt SLC in January with the cold weather, but that's when they hold it every year, so some year I'm going to have to try it out. I would register now for next year, but things are still up in the air about what is happening at the firm.



The time frame for it all to happen has been pushed back a few times so we still have no idea who is staying and who is going. It seems that there will be some layoffs because of redundancy, but nothing is for sure yet. It should be this coming week. The thing is, there are not very many that are happy with this deal, and yet, they are going forward with it. My boss is not even sure that he will be there next year. The four of us on our team have decided though that we'll all stick together no matter what.



I haven't had much time to craft myself lately. I will probably have time tomorrow to do something. I only have one project due iin my Genealogy Writing class this coming week but it's due the middle of the week, so I really need to get on it right away. It's a remake of a report I did back in Week 4. My other class I have one more interview to transcribe, but that was with my granddaughter, and she didn't have a lot to say so it won't take as long to do hers as it did for my sister and daughter. Then I just have one more week and semester will be over then we probably have six or seven weeks before the Fall semester starts.


Yes, it's been hot down here and very humid. I did do a little bit outside today, I needed to get all the critter food organized and put away. I had a large food saver out there that I kept critter food in. The pouring lid was broken, so I just had it sitting on top of the container. I noticed last week that it had disappeared. I haven't a clue what happened to it. I thought maybe a critter, but if it had been a raccoon, then it would have tipped over the container to get the food, the same with a squirrel. But the container was just sitting there with the food in it without the lid. Strange. I put food out for the squirrels and watered all my milkweed and tomato plants. I wish the tomatoes would ripen.



I did release two butterflies last weekend, but that's all. I think the rest of them in my hutch are dead ones. I don't want to clean them out yet until I make sure that they are all dead. I haven't seen butterflies around for awhile and haven't had any new caterpillars. I think the weather is too hot and they have traveled up north where its cooler. I remember that it was this way last year. They'll be back in late August when it is starting to cool off and they start heading back to Mexico. I have a lot of milkweed right now, so I'll be ready for them.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #15263
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

Maggie, do you know very much about Fredericksburg, TX or Kerrville, TX and the Texas Hill Country in general? DH wants to retire in 2024 and he is driving me crazy looking at places he would like to move to.


Nothing new is going on here. Kids go back to school on August 14th. Last week we had a heat wave. It was in the 90’s with a few days of “feels like” over 100. It doesn’t usually get that hot or humid here. Last time it was this hot was 4th of July 2012.


I need to set one day a week aside to scrapbook. I need to figure out which day and make it a priority. I have an unfinished layout from the spring. It just needs a few finishing embellishments.


I have seen a lot of monarchs in my yard this year and I don’t even have milkwoods planted. Maybe something upset their migration patterns or something. I know other people who said they haven’t seen any.
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:09 PM   #15264
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Maggie, do you know very much about Fredericksburg, TX or Kerrville, TX and the Texas Hill Country in general? DH wants to retire in 2024 and he is driving me crazy looking at places he would like to move to.


Nothing new is going on here. Kids go back to school on August 14th. Last week we had a heat wave. It was in the 90’s with a few days of “feels like” over 100. It doesn’t usually get that hot or humid here. Last time it was this hot was 4th of July 2012.


I need to set one day a week aside to scrapbook. I need to figure out which day and make it a priority. I have an unfinished layout from the spring. It just needs a few finishing embellishments.


I have seen a lot of monarchs in my yard this year and I don’t even have milkwoods planted. Maybe something upset their migration patterns or something. I know other people who said they haven’t seen any.
Hi Nancy. No, I don't know anything about Fredericksburg, TX or Kerrville, TX except Kerrville is James Avery's home office. It's hill country and probably cooler than H Town. Come on down. I'll come visit you.



Talking about retiring, that's going to be me on the 31st of this month!!!! Our firm is being dissolved and then taken over by another large law firm. There were six of us who did not receive an offer to join the new firm. Needless to say, my boss is not a happy camper, but there is nothing that he can do about it. All we got was two weeks' notice so now I'm trying to figure everything out that I need to do.


We have a cool front coming through in the next few days. It will feel good after the heat wave we've had too. I'm sure it won't last for long though. The dogs days of August will be upon us very soon.


I have so many things on my TO DO list, I won't have time to think when I'm home all day. Going to file for unemployment. There's an outside, but slim chance that my boss will not stay with the new company, but go off and start his own again like he did 35 years ago. I'm not counting on it, but if he does, I'd go back to work for him.


Scrapbooking and cross stitch are two things on my list to do.



I just started seeing a few Monarchs flying around the yard. Today I found a few plants that had eggs on them, so I put them in the hutch. I cleaned the hutch out first. I had a bunch of dead chrysalises in there. It still seems a little early for them to be heading back to Mexico.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:11 AM   #15265
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

Wow, I cannot believe the new firm only gave two weeks notice! That didn’t give people any time to even search for a new job. Did people at the new firm lose their job or just people from your firm?
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #15266
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
vikkijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, between Hinckley, Pine City and Mora Minnesota
Posts: 19,960
Default

Oh Maggie! Goodness! I can't imagine what you have on your mind.

I am still on the grave shift, not liking it one bit. I get home, do chores, make sure everyone has water mostly. Feed the baby bunny and clean his carrier. I had it in the doggie kennel wrapped it in chicken wire, but it is small enough to just get out.
I will post a photo later from my phone, I haven't even updated my blog in forever.
I have such great thoughts but once I wake up....I am in DUH mode!
I am in bed usually by 8 am then wide awake at 10:30 or 11
I zombie around till Clint gets home about 1 we run our errands if any, and I lay down again about 6. Up at 9 shower and off to work.
I feel like I get nothing done.
On day shift I was up at 6am, home about 4:30 didn't go to bed until 11 ish. I was creative and productive, or at least I felt like I was.
Yesterday we ran over to a co workers house to get a rooster needing rehoming.

Here's a giggle for you...
He was in the back seat, Clint needed to run to the bank after we picked him up. When the teller asked me a question he crowed at her. I laughed so hard, I could barely answer her. each time she started talking he crowed. She gave me a doggie treat t try to shut him up! I crushed it up and it did work
vikkijo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #15267
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
vikkijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: At the end of a dead-end dirt road, between Hinckley, Pine City and Mora Minnesota
Posts: 19,960
Default

Here's the new rooster his name is chunk look at those cheeks! Clint calls the bunny Piggly it eats a lot. He's gained a whole ounce since I got them well since the cat carried in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190725_090138.jpg (77.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20190723_115248.jpg (48.7 KB, 2 views)
vikkijo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #15268
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Wow, I cannot believe the new firm only gave two weeks notice! That didn’t give people any time to even search for a new job. Did people at the new firm lose their job or just people from your firm?
Yes, but I'm kind of glad that I'm not going to be there any longer since I already know that I won't be staying.


No, it was just our firm, six of us - 3 secretaries, an IT person, relief receptionist, and one accounting person. People not needed, although I don't think my boss would agree to that.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #15269
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkijo View Post
Oh Maggie! Goodness! I can't imagine what you have on your mind.

I am still on the grave shift, not liking it one bit. I get home, do chores, make sure everyone has water mostly. Feed the baby bunny and clean his carrier. I had it in the doggie kennel wrapped it in chicken wire, but it is small enough to just get out.
I will post a photo later from my phone, I haven't even updated my blog in forever.
I have such great thoughts but once I wake up....I am in DUH mode!
I am in bed usually by 8 am then wide awake at 10:30 or 11
I zombie around till Clint gets home about 1 we run our errands if any, and I lay down again about 6. Up at 9 shower and off to work.
I feel like I get nothing done.
On day shift I was up at 6am, home about 4:30 didn't go to bed until 11 ish. I was creative and productive, or at least I felt like I was.
Yesterday we ran over to a co workers house to get a rooster needing rehoming.

Here's a giggle for you...
He was in the back seat, Clint needed to run to the bank after we picked him up. When the teller asked me a question he crowed at her. I laughed so hard, I could barely answer her. each time she started talking he crowed. She gave me a doggie treat t try to shut him up! I crushed it up and it did work
Oh Vikki Jo, how funny! Great to get a laugh.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #15270
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkijo View Post
Here's the new rooster his name is chunk look at those cheeks! Clint calls the bunny Piggly it eats a lot. He's gained a whole ounce since I got them well since the cat carried in
Sweet!
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:55 PM   #15271
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

My orthopedist told me this morning, that the pain I am having in my ring finger is from arthritis and not from a pinched nerve in my neck. She said if it was that, I would have pain also in my little finger, which I don't. So, canceling future appointments with the chiropractor. I guess his treatment has helped or not needed.


Everything is good with the eyes too. They had shingle shots which I still haven't gotten, but they don't do the insurance so I didn't do it.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:36 AM   #15272
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 31,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Maggie, do you know very much about Fredericksburg, TX or Kerrville, TX and the Texas Hill Country in general? DH wants to retire in 2024 and he is driving me crazy looking at places he would like to move to.


Nothing new is going on here. Kids go back to school on August 14th. Last week we had a heat wave. It was in the 90’s with a few days of “feels like” over 100. It doesn’t usually get that hot or humid here. Last time it was this hot was 4th of July 2012.


I need to set one day a week aside to scrapbook. I need to figure out which day and make it a priority. I have an unfinished layout from the spring. It just needs a few finishing embellishments.


I have seen a lot of monarchs in my yard this year and I don’t even have milkwoods planted. Maybe something upset their migration patterns or something. I know other people who said they haven’t seen any.
I'm not Maggie but the Texas Hill Country is my favorite part of the state. Fredricksburg is lovely. Llano is a bit quieter.

If you move to the Hill Country, I can promise a visit. That's where I camp out when I come down.
__________________
Kelly
Blog SU Blog
Challenges: S2S $653 AOCC18
ScrappinCEO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:44 AM   #15273
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 31,853
Default

Just wanted to let y'all know I'm still alive. I took the grandgirls back to Paducah on Friday. Sue & Jeremy met us there on Saturday to pick them up. I just took downtime from Sat - Monday and have been on catch-up mode here at the house since I got home Monday afternoon. The house is in serious need of dig-out. My office is even worse. I had hoped I'd have 3 weeks to get things in shape and get the majority of my new book written before Bob came home. But there's noise he'll be home next Wednesday.
While I know he is in serious need of a break, I really needed the time here. I don't clean when others are around. I need to be alone and move at my own pace.

On the upside, his trip home should be the beginning of a 21 days on/ off so we'll FINALLY have a schedule so I/ we can plan things... like the trip to CO I need to make this fall.
__________________
Kelly
Blog SU Blog
Challenges: S2S $653 AOCC18
ScrappinCEO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:44 AM   #15274
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 31,853
Default

so why is hubby making noise about a move in 2024, Nancy? Retirement? Any particular reason for Texas?
__________________
Kelly
Blog SU Blog
Challenges: S2S $653 AOCC18
ScrappinCEO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #15275
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 31,853
Default

Happy retirement, Maggie. I know you were hoping for another 4 years or so but things happen for a reason. Just means you can kick in and have more fun on your own time! Working no longer interferes with your personal life! LOL
__________________
Kelly
Blog SU Blog
Challenges: S2S $653 AOCC18
ScrappinCEO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:55 PM   #15276
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Happy retirement, Maggie. I know you were hoping for another 4 years or so but things happen for a reason. Just means you can kick in and have more fun on your own time! Working no longer interferes with your personal life! LOL
Yes, that's for sure Kelly.



It is a bit weird today knowing that I have all the time in the world to do whatever I want and not worry about having to get up early to go to work.


I did go to speak to my State Farm agent today about health insurance but also looked online. It looks like AARP has the lowest premium for all the same stuff. I also talked to an insurance broker. I need to make a couple phone calls to my doctors' offices to see which plan is going to be the best one. The broker can also help with the other smaller plans - dental, vision, and drugs.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:57 PM   #15277
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

I spent some time in the craft room sorting out my 6 x 6 pads. The drawers had gotten all mixed up, so I got all of those back in order. Looked through some of my 8 x 8 pads which I completely forgot that I had. Some really pretty papers in there.

I think tomorrow I'll be doing a deep clean on my bathroom. Depending on how much time that takes, I may do the other bathroom also.
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:11 AM   #15278
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I'm not Maggie but the Texas Hill Country is my favorite part of the state. Fredricksburg is lovely. Llano is a bit quieter.

If you move to the Hill Country, I can promise a visit. That's where I camp out when I come down.
That’s good to know! He asked a few people at work (one guy lives in Houston) and he also had good things to say.

He is planning for retirement (he is driving me crazy). We have some places in mind to check out. One requirement is certain hospitals need to be nearby for my kids. Specifically level 3 or 4 rated epilepsy hospitals. San Antonio and Austin meet that. I am willing to live within a 90 minute drive.

Prescott, Arizona is another place he wants to look at. Maybe Colorado near Colorado Springs.

Last edited by nhagen; 08-02-2019 at 11:17 AM..
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:26 AM   #15279
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nhagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 14,693
Default

I have been having sinus pressure in my left ear and vertigo. Doctor said my ears are fine. Not sure if it’s just inflammation in my ear from allergies or the calcium crystal floating in the wrong place in my ear. Of course, when he did some maneuver to make my head spin, nothing happened. Get home and sitting at home on the couch and move my head too fast and get dizzy. Why does that always happen?
nhagen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:20 PM   #15280
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 142,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
That’s good to know! He asked a few people at work (one guy lives in Houston) and he also had good things to say.

He is planning for retirement (he is driving me crazy). We have some places in mind to check out. One requirement is certain hospitals need to be nearby for my kids. Specifically level 3 or 4 rated epilepsy hospitals. San Antonio and Austin meet that. I am willing to live within a 90 minute drive.

Prescott, Arizona is another place he wants to look at. Maybe Colorado near Colorado Springs.
Come to San Antonio or Austin. Either one is close enough for a drive up meeting. Austin is crazy!
__________________
“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
DT Member:
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off