Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-04-2019, 07:05 AM   #15121
Stazon Splitcoast

I finally got to create a card this morning! The rest of the day is going to be divided between finding my work table and detailing the Kitchen/ Laundry room floor

Tabby has a UTI so I have sequestered in the bedroom with her own litter box and her wet food with Apple Cider Vinegar and broth. We'll see how she is tomorrow.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-04-2019, 07:10 AM   #15122
Stazon Splitcoast

We are supposed to be gorgeous today but the sky is really overcast. We are almost to 60* Thankfully, the deck is covered so I can still move stuff out there out of my way while I clean.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:59 PM   #15123
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I would love to have gone to the Symphony with you. I think Steven retired after the birth of his daughter. He closed his website. I don't get on FB much so not sure what he and Sara are up to. I can't imagine becoming a parent to an infant at 52! She will be 5 in June. ... just days after his 58th birthday
Hmm. . . who is Steven? Have I missed something? And Sara?
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #15124
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I finally got to create a card this morning! The rest of the day is going to be divided between finding my work table and detailing the Kitchen/ Laundry room floor

Tabby has a UTI so I have sequestered in the bedroom with her own litter box and her wet food with Apple Cider Vinegar and broth. We'll see how she is tomorrow.
Awww. . . poor Tabby. I hope she gets over it soon.

Hope you get all your work done. I did get my bedroom closet cleaned out on Saturday and I also cleaned out my coat closet. One of my GF's wants to have a garage sale with me, so now I don't know whether to donate the clothes or try to sell them. Some are almost brand new in excellent condition.

Went to my DD's last night for a Super Bowl dinner. Dinner was good. The super Bowl, not so much. Besides that, their Internet went out right after the half-time show so that was over. My DD had to help her DS with a school project that was due last night after telling her earlier that he didn't have anything that needed to be done. Luckily, they found a hot spot with their smart phone so were able to get on the Internet with that.
International Art & Soul
Old 02-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #15125
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
We are supposed to be gorgeous today but the sky is really overcast. We are almost to 60* Thankfully, the deck is covered so I can still move stuff out there out of my way while I clean.
It was overcast here most of the day, but warmed up. When I got home, the thermostat said 73 and I had it turned down to 69.
International Art & Soul
Old 02-05-2019, 08:29 AM   #15126
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Hmm. . . who is Steven? Have I missed something? And Sara?

Steven Byess, the conductor I met several years ago. Remember, he was the conductor for the Polish Symphonia when they were here and we hosted a luncheon for them. He and Sara were married the following June.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #15127
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Awww. . . poor Tabby. I hope she gets over it soon.

Hope you get all your work done. I did get my bedroom closet cleaned out on Saturday and I also cleaned out my coat closet. One of my GF's wants to have a garage sale with me, so now I don't know whether to donate the clothes or try to sell them. Some are almost brand new in excellent condition.

Went to my DD's last night for a Super Bowl dinner. Dinner was good. The super Bowl, not so much. Besides that, their Internet went out right after the half-time show so that was over. My DD had to help her DS with a school project that was due last night after telling her earlier that he didn't have anything that needed to be done. Luckily, they found a hot spot with their smart phone so were able to get on the Internet with that.

Tabby is MUCH better this morning. No vet appointment needed. Thrilled to pieces. Really didn't need the extra trip in two different directions on my day.

After half-watching the first quarter, I turned off the tv and watched youTube videos. Much more entertaining than that boring game.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:33 AM   #15128
Stazon Splitcoast

we wound up with sun and 76*! I cleaned dog kennels and raked some leaves while the floors were drying. Didn't get into the studio. Figured that could wait until tomorrow when it's supposed to rain all day.

Today it's only 46* and overcast. Not looking forward to errands but rather today than later in the wet part of the week.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:48 PM   #15129
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Steven Byess, the conductor I met several years ago. Remember, he was the conductor for the Polish Symphonia when they were here and we hosted a luncheon for them. He and Sara were married the following June.
I do recall that event although didn't remember his name. He doesn't have anything to do with the Houston Symphony as far as I know.
International Art & Soul
Old 02-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #15130
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I do recall that event although didn't remember his name. He doesn't have anything to do with the Houston Symphony as far as I know.

No. He was with the Arkansas Symphony and the Portland Symphony.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:38 PM   #15131
Stazon Splitcoast

Goodness, where is everyone? So quiet in here.

I've actually been creating. I've also joined a fabric junk journal challenge. Details are on my blog post today. Cards are on my SU blog. I will get around to you ladies this evening. Hugs!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:30 PM   #15132
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, sorry I’ve been MIA. With the ice storms we had two trees come down. One was a huge white pine tree that fell across the driveway. The other was a mulberry tree that was also huge. It had three trunks that split off the main.

One fell into the front yard just missing the house at around 9pm. Then at 3am we awoke to a loud crash and another trunk hit the roof. The third section has split from the main trunk and is being held in place by the neighbors tree and luckily it hasn’t fallen and taken down their fence with it.
So been busy getting estimates to get the whole mess taken care of. Hopefully no damage to the roof. Maybe some shingles. Can’t get it inspected until the tree is removed.

Last edited by nhagen; 02-11-2019 at 06:57 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 05:05 AM   #15133
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Hi, sorry I’ve been MIA. With the ice storms we had two trees come down. One was a huge white pine tree that fell across the driveway. The other was a mulberry tree that was also huge. It had three trunks that split off the main.

One fell into the front yard just missing the house at around 9pm. Then at 3am we awoke to a loud crash and another trunk hit the roof. The third section has split from the main trunk and is being held in place by the neighbors tree and luckily it hasn’t fallen and taken down their fence with it.
So been busy getting estimates to get the whole mess taken care of. Hopefully no damage to the roof. Maybe some shingles. Can’t get it inspected until the tree is removed.
Yikes Nancy, so sorry about the trees. I know it takes so many years to grow them. I felt so sad when I had to take down my beautiful Oak tree that was in my front yard. It had gotten hit by lightning one year and then since it was damaged, it was open to fungus that killed it. So glad that you are okay and there is just some minimal damage to the roof.

I've had a ton of school work. Spent most of the day Saturday working on a project. This week is more of the same. I try to sneak in some craft time when I can.
International Art & Soul
Old 02-12-2019, 04:04 PM   #15134
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Nancy. hoping things aren't any worse than they appear. Always something, isn't it?

I've been busy working on multiple projects. I need to get to blogs but by the time I'm done working at night, I just don't want to look at the computer screen. I don't have to blog for the rest of this week so maybe I can get caught up tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:07 PM   #15135
Stazon Splitcoast

So things are shifting here for me. Found out yesterday we get the girls during their spring break the last week of March. So I really have to make sure I hit my writing deadline and have my book off to beta readers the week before that.

I've held off on doing much actual writing except for a few scenes because I've been so focused on getting the military stuff correct. I think I'm there. And I've found a first-hand source for anything I don't know. Tom and his wife were instrumental in bringing her nephew home from Korea a couple of years ago. I now have a grasp on the logistics and timeline from identification to home. yay!

Now to figure out how my Hero and Heroine are going to get their act together.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:08 PM   #15136
Stazon Splitcoast

that was quite a project you had, Maggie. I had Sue do something similar when I homeschooled her. Except she had to do the time-line and historical effects based around a president. How history affected his political career.. and how his decisions affected the country.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #15137
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Wow, Nancy. hoping things aren't any worse than they appear. Always something, isn't it?

I've been busy working on multiple projects. I need to get to blogs but by the time I'm done working at night, I just don't want to look at the computer screen. I don't have to blog for the rest of this week so maybe I can get caught up tomorrow.

Yes, it’s always something. Tree guy came today and cut up the first section of tree so he can come back with his equipment to get the section off the roof.
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM   #15138
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Yes, it’s always something. Tree guy came today and cut up the first section of tree so he can come back with his equipment to get the section off the roof.

I don't know what you're weather's like other than cold but we have had ice 2 days in a row. Surprised there isn't any more tree/ property damage. Most everything I've seen on the news is accidents because some people don't have the sense God gave a goose to not go out on the highways in an ice storm. I'm on the belief that nothing is more important than being safe when it comes to bad weather. but that's just me
Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM   #15139
Stazon Splitcoast

trying not to lose my mind over here. So many projects to get off my plate so I can think about the book. I'm already looking at moving the release date, which I'm not happy with but would rather put out a quality product. Today is all about cards for the SU blog for the week and at least 3 posts for the creative blog.

Off to enjoy a salad then get to it.
Stay warm!
Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM   #15140
Quacker Stamper

Nancy, glad that they are working on getting the trees all cleared off the house and out of the yard. I'm sure that was a big project especially since you're still having bad weather.

It was chilly and dreary this morning, but the sun is trying to poke through a little bit.

Kelly, your life is getting all topsy-turvey. I'm glad to hear that the girls are going to get to come visit. Is this the first time since they moved? I know that you'll enjoy every minute of it.

I found out Friday night that I need to have a new A/C unit and furnace put in. I could just have repairs done but the unit is 20 years old which means that in just a few years or less I'll have to have a new unit put in anyway. It seems that all the duct work in the original house is shot, it's all falling apart and there is a good size hole in one of them. Obviously no other technician that has come to do a checkup ever checked the duct work before. I'm glad this guy took the time to do it. Both the furnace and A/C have issues that could be repaired, but it would only be a band-aid. Obviously, it's going to be a major project.

Kids are coming over for dinner tonight. I'm making chili, rice, and cornbread. I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday and will serve them with ice cream and toppings.
International Art & Soul