Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-13-2018, 08:18 AM   #15001
Stazon Splitcoast

I am slowly working n my card gift project. I made another card yesterday. I need to pick up the pace.

Still working on cleaning up the Fall leaves. The maple trees are finished and the oaks are still dropping leaves. It’s hard to go out for very long when it’s so cold.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #15002
Stazon Splitcoast

we got to 34 today. But the wind made our wind chill in the teens. They said yesterday was a record for us. We've never had snow this early in 67 years. Of course this would be the year we decide to try just using the backup furnace all winter instead of wood. If we have someone bring in the wood, it costs us about the same as what our electric bill goes up. Bob's shoulder isn't up to him doing wood at the moment.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #15003
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to finish up Christmas cards/ projects so I can clear off the work table to make room for my village. This will be the first time I will have put the village up in its entirety since we moved into the house almost 13 years ago
mschoener and nhagen like this post.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #15004
Stazon Splitcoast

So quiet here.
I've spent time with Bob. He's out in the tree stand now. Was trying to fill out a job application on-line and keeps stalling out. frustrating so he decided to just walk away. Good plan.
I finished my autumn floral arrangement this morning and have that scheduled for my blog next Friday. If you missed it, the Halloween one went up this past Friday.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:40 AM   #15005
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
I am slowly working n my card gift project. I made another card yesterday. I need to pick up the pace.

Still working on cleaning up the Fall leaves. The maple trees are finished and the oaks are still dropping leaves. It’s hard to go out for very long when it’s so cold.
Our old oak tree was always the last to drop all its leaves. Sometimes we still had some on the tree in the Spring when new ones started to come out.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:41 AM   #15006
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
I need to finish up Christmas cards/ projects so I can clear off the work table to make room for my village. This will be the first time I will have put the village up in its entirety since we moved into the house almost 13 years ago
I can't wait to see your village. I'd love to do that, but I know what would happen to it. CATS!
Old 11-19-2018, 06:45 AM   #15007
Quacker Stamper

Hi all. It's been a crazy busy week here and now Thanksgiving is upon us. My cousin got to town on Thursday. I went over there for dinner last night with my DD and DGS and my sis's family. It was nice - kind of my Thanksgiving with them since I won't be here this Thursday. Leaving tomorrow morning for CA. We have lunch plans with the family again and my cousin's son and his family are visiting his in law's here in Houston. They are living in CA right now luckily away from the fires.

I'm trying to get as much as my schoolwork for this week done before I leave tomorrow but I am taking my laptop with me. If I get things done with my schoolwork, I'll work on my client's family.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:49 AM   #15008
Quacker Stamper

The weather has been terrible - cold, rainy. Last week I had five butterflies in a cage in my house because it was too cold outside for them - down in the 30's. Finally it warmed up and we had sun on Saturday, ,so I was able to finally release them. I was surprised that they all made it so long. I put cotton balls soaked in nectar on top of the cage as well as some drops directy on the top. I'm not sure if they got any nourishment from them or not, but they did make it. I had 8 out in the hutch at the same time last week. I left them in there and covered it with a sheet to keep the cold out and put cotton balls on the top which is screening. I did lose one of them, buried it in the flower bed. Right now I have three more in the hutch, but it's cold and rainy today so they will have to stay. If I can't release them in the morning, I'll have my nephew in law check on them when he comes to take care of the kitties and house. I'll be back on Saturday.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:51 AM   #15009
Quacker Stamper

All the outside kitties seem to be doing okay. I'm mostly concerned about Wanda since she was chased off to the front yard. I don't like her being out front with the street. I just hope that she stays away from there. Mostly I see her in the front of the house behind my sage hedges which are really thick and I guess give her some protection from the elements. She curls up close to the house and there is an overhang there to keep some of the rain off her. She always seems to be fine when I go out to give her food. I do have a very large box on the front porch that has a cat bed in it, but she won't go in there. Go figure.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:05 AM   #15010
Quacker Stamper

Registered this morning for my next semester. Only taking two classes this time. Family History Research II - Analysis and Paleography.
ScrappinCEO and nhagen like this post.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:12 AM   #15011
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

we got to 34 today. But the wind made our wind chill in the teens. They said yesterday was a record for us. We've never had snow this early in 67 years. Of course this would be the year we decide to try just using the backup furnace all winter instead of wood. If we have someone bring in the wood, it costs us about the same as what our electric bill goes up. Bob's shoulder isn't up to him doing wood at the moment.

We got 3” of snow last Thursday. Then it snowed on Saturday. It’s been cold the last few days. The Christmas tree is up but I need to decorate it still. I think I everything for Thanksgiving. My mom and sister are coming over on Thursday. Kids have a very short school week. Today is their last day before Thanksgiving.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:12 AM   #15012
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Hi all. It's been a crazy busy week here and now Thanksgiving is upon us. My cousin got to town on Thursday. I went over there for dinner last night with my DD and DGS and my sis's family. It was nice - kind of my Thanksgiving with them since I won't be here this Thursday. Leaving tomorrow morning for CA. We have lunch plans with the family again and my cousin's son and his family are visiting his in law's here in Houston. They are living in CA right now luckily away from the fires.

I'm trying to get as much as my schoolwork for this week done before I leave tomorrow but I am taking my laptop with me. If I get things done with my schoolwork, I'll work on my client's family.

Have a good trip!
Old 11-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #15013
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Have a good trip!
Made it to CA okay. The flight was fine - no issues. I got to the gate just as they were starting to board. At the parking place, I was first on the bus, so we had to drive around until they filled up the bus. That took at least 20 minutes. At least I didn't have to sit and wait.

I don't know when I'll get my tree up. I do want to decorate this year since I'll be home.

So glad we just got rain instead of snow. Be careful Nancy.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:50 AM   #15014
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I can't wait to see your village. I'd love to do that, but I know what would happen to it. CATS!

I'm waiting to see how Tabby does with 4 trees to climb. LOL thinking of putting one in the bedroom but not sure I'm up to that with her. LOL The other 4 are going to be challenging enough
Old 11-22-2018, 08:55 AM   #15015
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Turkey is in the oven. Slow-roasting the turkey so a #12 won't be done until after 4 this afternoon. Bob's already made the deviled eggs.All that's left his afternoon is the taters/ gravy and Bob will make the cheesy green beans.

I'm watching the Macy's parade. I've had to pause/ fast forward several times as Mother Nature has blessed us with a gorgeous day. So I'm trying to get all of Bob's laundry done up in case they call him back to work.

Bob made a big breakfast and did the dishes.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:00 AM   #15016
Quacker Stamper

No cooking here. The kids get our dinner from a restaurant named Lucille's. It's really good and not a lot of fuss. Turkey, ham and all the fixing and pies.

Grands got here fine yesterday. The youngest took a nap while the rest excluding me got in the pool and played around. Sorry but the air is still too cold for me even though they have a heater out there. I'm so cold-natured. I hate the cold.

We played games after dinner. First Farkle which I won! then another game which I forget the name of but it was a lot of fun - lots of laughing going on. They are big Survivor fans so we had to watch that last night too. It was a great day with the family.
ScrappinCEO and nhagen like this post.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:14 PM   #15017
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Thanksgiving! A day late.

We had a nice day yesterday. Everything came out good. Now I don’t have to cook for a few days with all the leftovers.

Busy day helping hubby outside. I have to,hold the ladder while he does some work on the windows. I can’t explain it, LOL. But the roof above the windows curve and there is metal there instead of shingles and there is a seem. He needs to remove the old dried caulking in that seem and replace it with new. He’s using a different product. It’s boring for me, LOL.

I am almost done with the cards I am making for a gift. I’ll post a picture when I’m finished. I need to make a box for them as well.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:51 PM   #15018
Stazon Splitcoast

We have a winter storm warning for tomorrow. The snow totals keep going up. Right now it’s at 10-16 inches. This should be interesting.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:39 AM   #15019
Stazon Splitcoast

We were below the snow line so didn't get any except about late afternoon. Wind was howling, sun shining to the west, snow clouds to the east, 59* and snow flurries! Seriously? At almost 60 degrees!

Really super cold today. Temp should only top out at about 34* but the wind chil in the single digits... and we're doing errands after I get the Christmas decorations up in the kitchen. Need that done for a guest blog I'm going to be on later in the month.
Post is called 'Sizzle In the Kitchen' Features authors in the kitchen and share a recipe.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #15020
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like you had a good time, Maggie! I can't get into pre-made holiday dinners but that's just me. I have to cook a full meal, even for just the two of us. Personally, I think so much is missed by not passing that tradition to younger generations. That said, I'm glad you all had a great meal and good fellowship. That's just as important.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:57 AM   #15021
Stazon Splitcoast

We were right in the middle of the snow path. Looking at the reporting stations that surround me, the totals range from 7.6” to 13.1”. I think we got around 8 at my house.

We also had a blizzard warning. It was very windy during the night, school got canceled today. We don’t usually get a snow day.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:10 PM   #15022
Stazon Splitcoast

Bob saw on FB where Kewanee got 14" We had wind.. no snow
Old 11-27-2018, 02:15 PM   #15023
Stazon Splitcoast

Right now, it's just flat COLD! Our high today has been 35. Sunny but very crisp. We went into West Plains to Pizza Hut for lunch, stopped and picked up a few groceries and Bob found a mini fridge on FB I'm home now and don't plan to leave again til tomorrow morning. Brr
Old 11-29-2018, 04:05 PM   #15024
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

We have a winter storm warning for tomorrow. The snow totals keep going up. Right now it’s at 10-16 inches. This should be interesting.
Oh my! I hope you didn't get that much. It's rainy here for a few days. Up and down, up and down with the weather. Yesterday I was able to release 5 butterflies that I had in the house for a couple days, but 4 others didn't make it. Buried them in the flower garden. Now I have one more in the hutch, but it will have to stay there until saturday.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:07 PM   #15025
Quacker Stamper

Happy day before Friday! The week has been good at the office, but school is driving me bananas! My computer class is all about the Wiki this week, and I've decided that I don't want to have anything to do with it except to search on it. We are learning how to create a page and how to do editing. I didn't do so good on the Basic Edits Quiz. I read over the material a bunch of times and even looked through it during the quiz (allowed) and still only got 3 out of 5 correct after 5 attempts. I just don't get it. Have to wait until next week to see what the correct answers were. Still have two more quizzes on the Wiki which I'm sure will not be fun at all.

On another note, I've decided that I want to cut back my working hours to 30 per week which means working 6 hours a day. This will still keep me as a full time employee so I'll still have all my benefits, just less money. It's okay since I want to retire in a few years and may have to live on less money so I'll get an early start on that. I talked to my boss about it this morning and I think he's going to approve it. I will start that on January 1. He is already semi-retired, so I figured that I could be too.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #15026
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like a plan, Maggie. Will give you a bit more time for school work and for your clients. Can you talk to an instructor about the Wiki stuff? see if he/she can shine some light. Or one of the other students that does 'get it'.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:44 PM   #15027
Stazon Splitcoast

sorry about the butterflies. late in the year for them. You've done all you can. Time for Mother Nature to take over.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:45 PM   #15028
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been at the hotel since Wednesday and I FINALLY got a handle on this book this morning. So going to see how much I can pound out tonight.

I had to get out of here for a bit this morning so went up to my favorite coffee shop for fluffy and an early lunch. The manager was in. She bought the 2 of my books I had in the car plus pre-paid for 6 more. Plus she wants a heads up on the future books to put in the shop. She put one of my books and some of my promo items up by the register this morning.

Now to get book 2 written LOL
Old 11-30-2018, 01:46 PM   #15029
Stazon Splitcoast

How are you doin' up there Nancy. I see where Nebraska could get another 16" today/ tonight. Wonder how much of that will be left as it moves your direction. Keep us posted and let us know you're safe.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:49 PM   #15030
Stazon Splitcoast

I just set up the links for the 2019 AOCC threads. We are being inspired by Crayola Crayon color combos this year. I hope you'll come play... AOCC19 - Splitcoaststampers
Old 11-30-2018, 02:02 PM   #15031
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay.. I have to be the proud mom here. Just got a text from my daughter. I don't know if I told you guys or not that she got a new job and they are moving to Birmingham AL.. 5.5 hours away from us. A LOT closer than Washington state. She is to leave for OH tomorrow to start training. She just texted... they have given her the position of Asst. Vice Pres! Paint this momma proud! She is 36
Old 12-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #15032
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sounds like a plan, Maggie. Will give you a bit more time for school work and for your clients. Can you talk to an instructor about the Wiki stuff? see if he/she can shine some light. Or one of the other students that does 'get it'.
My work hours cut back was approved on Friday!!!

I was able to finish up my Wiki work okay. It was just the first basic quiz. I'll look tomorrow to see what the answers to the quiz were. I did see that the question I had trouble with was on the Lesson Quiz also.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:34 PM   #15033
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

sorry about the butterflies. late in the year for them. You've done all you can. Time for Mother Nature to take over.
Yes, not only late in the year, but we got cold snap early, so the combination was not good for them. I did release 5 of them on Friday and still have some that have not hatched and I saw two caterpillars that are still eating and growing. A few of the butterflies were on the small side too. I think because they went into the chrysalis stage too soon.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:37 PM   #15034
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I just set up the links for the 2019 AOCC threads. We are being inspired by Crayola Crayon color combos this year. I hope you'll come play... AOCC19 - Splitcoaststampers
That's something that I should do especially for my Christmas cards. I still need to work on them. I did just withdraw from one of my DT's that I was on. It was only once a month, but I didn't feel that I was doing it justice and not being fair to the Owner or the DT members. She told me that after I was done with school, that I could go back.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:38 PM   #15035
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Okay.. I have to be the proud mom here. Just got a text from my daughter. I don't know if I told you guys or not that she got a new job and they are moving to Birmingham AL.. 5.5 hours away from us. A LOT closer than Washington state. She is to leave for OH tomorrow to start training. She just texted... they have given her the position of Asst. Vice Pres! Paint this momma proud! She is 36
That's fabulous Kelly! I know you are happy that they will be closer to you so you can see those grands more often. I know how it is to have them so far away.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:43 PM   #15036
Quacker Stamper

This has been a busy weekend. I went to my Genealogical Forum meeting yesterday morning. I was going to order groceries online, but I needed to go myself to get a small gift for a white elephant game at our Relief Society Christmas party at church last night. I didn't get much else done before it was time to shower and get ready.

I've been working on my client's family tree.I actually finished up that today. I was only to do 10 hours, but I'm sure I did a little more than that. I spent most of this afternoon after church working on the client report to send off to him after I get his check for the balance of what he owes me for this. I found two interesting things with two people. I'd sure like to figure out that puzzle.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #15037
Quacker Stamper

I'm going to have to get up early tomorrow. I need to take my car in for service in the morning. I'm having issues with the A/C. Every time I push the button to turn the A/C on, it gives a clack, clack noise. Don't want to damage anything, so I need to get that looked at. I want to be there at 7 so I can catch the shuttle that leaves at 7:30 to take people to work or wherever.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:52 AM   #15038
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That's something that I should do especially for my Christmas cards. I still need to work on them. I did just withdraw from one of my DT's that I was on. It was only once a month, but I didn't feel that I was doing it justice and not being fair to the Owner or the DT members. She told me that after I was done with school, that I could go back.

Remember we have the CCC (Christmas Card Challenge), too. AnnForte started running it this year (maybe last) but she has challenges each month to help get you thinking about your cards. Some good theme requests for 2019 are already coming in so she can get the new threads set up.

2018 Christmas Card Challenge - Splitcoaststampers
Old 12-04-2018, 07:54 AM   #15039
Stazon Splitcoast

Did you get the issue with the AC figured out, Maggie?
Bob and I went to Poplar Bluff yesterday. I needed things from HL and Office Depot. We ate lunch at Fazoli's Not my favorite (except for their breadsticks - OMG) but Bob loves pasta so we went. He did let me do TWO trips into Hobby Lobby after all. lol
Old 12-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #15040
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Remember we have the CCC (Christmas Card Challenge), too. AnnForte started running it this year (maybe last) but she has challenges each month to help get you thinking about your cards. Some good theme requests for 2019 are already coming in so she can get the new threads set up.

2018 Christmas Card Challenge - Splitcoaststampers
Yes, I know all about them Kelly. I just need the time to work on them.