Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #14361
Pearl-ExPert

Back from Disneyland one day and DD got the flu It was a LONG week at my house. DH was in Australia and I am definitely not one to play the "nurse" role. DD is now better and has her BF over today. I spent the morning at the annual Toy Show. Usually my brother has several tables and he sells, I help. Not this year. He forgot to send the check for his spot and they did not call and ask him if he still wanted it. So, after over 15 years we did not have a spot It was VERY unusual that he was not called regarding payment. Though it really is not their responsibility ..... Unfortunately my brother found out that other guys were called and reminded so now he is mad. I think more hurt than mad. He will get over it and next year get his check in. LOL I found some cute things. I got a set of "That Girl" starring Marlo Thomas uncut paper dolls and also a set of Mary Poppins paper Dolls.....among other treasures. Fun morning and I get to see those I only see once a year. Guys come from all over and sell. Fun! One guy, Bob, requested to have his tables by us and was so disappointed we were not there. He sells similar things so it would of been cool to have an entire row of similar stuff between he and my brother. Bob said that next year we will laugh over it all but for now he was upset. One seller was mad that the organizations did not give out free danishes this am. LOL He said for 15 years they served danishes. Everyone had something going on. HA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:01 PM   #14362
Pearl-ExPert

Disneyland was fun but cold. We spent Thursday and Friday in the Parks, Saturday in Downtown Disney and then drove to the Palm Springs area. On Sunday we went to an outdoor market in Palm Springs and drove home. Great trip! Three teens, my friend and I on a road trip! Went well and I was thankful to have to legs to walk on and NO scooter this Rodeo break trip.
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #14363
Pearl-ExPert

Joyce, As you know I saw your FB post and I have to add that I still can't get over it.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:06 PM   #14364
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
The Mary Poppins one is on the website now. I got the tote. This is the image from their website. The placement on mine is betterLOL.

I have some Pandora charms. I just got the Dumbo one at the Park. I do not have any of the Princess dresses though. Do have the Tinkerbell outfit one. So many things I love....so little time to wear it all

My Mary Poppins D & B cost me 37CENTS!!!! Between my AP 10% discount, my Disney Visa Rewards and all the gift cards from my birthday and Christmas I spent 37 CENTS out of my wallet. It was SO fun to watch the total decrease with each card/discount. The cashier and I had a fun time with it.
So cute! What a great score! Did you say you have a Tinkerbell Outfit?? I so want to see a photo of you in that outfit!
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #14365
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Back from Disneyland one day and DD got the flu It was a LONG week at my house. DH was in Australia and I am definitely not one to play the "nurse" role. DD is now better and has her BF over today. I spent the morning at the annual Toy Show. Usually my brother has several tables and he sells, I help. Not this year. He forgot to send the check for his spot and they did not call and ask him if he still wanted it. So, after over 15 years we did not have a spot It was VERY unusual that he was not called regarding payment. Though it really is not their responsibility ..... Unfortunately my brother found out that other guys were called and reminded so now he is mad. I think more hurt than mad. He will get over it and next year get his check in. LOL I found some cute things. I got a set of "That Girl" starring Marlo Thomas uncut paper dolls and also a set of Mary Poppins paper Dolls.....among other treasures. Fun morning and I get to see those I only see once a year. Guys come from all over and sell. Fun! One guy, Bob, requested to have his tables by us and was so disappointed we were not there. He sells similar things so it would of been cool to have an entire row of similar stuff between he and my brother. Bob said that next year we will laugh over it all but for now he was upset. One seller was mad that the organizations did not give out free danishes this am. LOL He said for 15 years they served danishes. Everyone had something going on. HA
Sounds like a lot of different things going on this year. Sorry that your brother didn't get his table to sell his wares this year. At least that won't stop him from participating next year.

Sounds like you got some fun things. What do you do with your paper dolls? Just put them away as a keepsake?
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-05-2018, 07:10 AM   #14366
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies! Bob left about 5 last night. As soon as I set up the dining room table for a work station I'm back on track.
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:18 AM   #14367
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Did they have new organizers this year?
Old 03-05-2018, 07:23 AM   #14368
Stazon Splitcoast

I've sat enjoying the quiet and 2 cups of fluffy while watching after-Oscar stuff. I got to see most of the awards ceremony last night. I was going on 4-hrs sleep so was so tired last night.
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:25 AM   #14369
Stazon Splitcoast

No blog post this morning. I do have the editorial calendar set up for all of the blogs. I just won't do anything until I get the dining room swept/ mopped and turned the dining room table into writing central.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:28 AM   #14370
Stazon Splitcoast

We went to the Home Show on Saturday and wound up switching our TV provider from DirectTV to Dish. Amazing package for less money for the next 2 years. 4 DVR's (we currently have 1 and 1 reg. receiver with Direct TV) plus tons more channels - including some I have wanted to have with my music stuff like Cowboy TV. Plus I get a free 32" flat screen for the office for signing up. They'll be out here Wed. to switch everything around.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:51 AM   #14371
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
We went to the Home Show on Saturday and wound up switching our TV provider from DirectTV to Dish. Amazing package for less money for the next 2 years. 4 DVR's (we currently have 1 and 1 reg. receiver with Direct TV) plus tons more channels - including some I have wanted to have with my music stuff like Cowboy TV. Plus I get a free 32" flat screen for the office for signing up. They'll be out here Wed. to switch everything around.
Wow! What a deal, Kelly! Congratulations!

I am just now having breakfast, as we had the plumber already. He fixed main toilet, and a leaky kitchen tap. Didnít go to the gym today because waited for plumber, and later going out to eat. Other than that, just sorting and cleaning, reorganizing in craft room. Never ending job! I am listening to the wind howl!
At least it is sunny. I looked at todayís challenges and thinking about doing the CAS one to use a colored base. Pretty simple; I think I can handle that one!

Summer VSN coming July 13 & 14 Plan to join the fun 17 hourly challenges for EVERYONE!

S2S 2017: +$620.90 as of 01/31/18
Srapbook pages 101/100 as of 12/31/17
Cards 205 as of 12/31/17
Old 03-05-2018, 10:18 AM   #14372
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Quote:
Joyce, As you know I saw your FB post and I have to add that I still can't get over it.
Me too, itís like they stole my happy place. They still owe me $25. But, they did refund the Points. Iím just so irritated that I had to be so vocal to make even that happen.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:13 AM   #14373
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Me too, itís like they stole my happy place. They still owe me $25. But, they did refund the Points. Iím just so irritated that I had to be so vocal to make even that happen.
Okay, I avoid FB like the plaque so have no clue what happened but am sorry you had to go through the experience, Joyce.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:17 AM   #14374
Stazon Splitcoast

Dish Network comes this morning. I need to go errands afterwards. We don't have the snow but is supposed to be the coldest day of the week. Wind really howled here yesterday, Sharon. Haven't heard wind howl like that since I left the CO plains 40 years ago.

Friday I'll get some stuff out of the way before VSN kicks in. So looking forward to this weekend and with me being home by myself, there is nothing preventing me from playing.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:15 AM   #14375
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The Mary Poppins one is on the website now. I got the tote. This is the image from their website. The placement on mine is betterLOL.

I have some Pandora charms. I just got the Dumbo one at the Park. I do not have any of the Princess dresses though. Do have the Tinkerbell outfit one. So many things I love....so little time to wear it all

My Mary Poppins D & B cost me 37CENTS!!!! Between my AP 10% discount, my Disney Visa Rewards and all the gift cards from my birthday and Christmas I spent 37 CENTS out of my wallet. It was SO fun to watch the total decrease with each card/discount. The cashier and I had a fun time with it.

Wow! You did great! How awesome everyone gives you gift cards. I should take a picture of my Pandora bracelet. I think I can put one more charm on it and maybe a few spacers. I donít want it packed tight with charms.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:45 AM   #14376
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Dish Network comes this morning. I need to go errands afterwards. We don't have the snow but is supposed to be the coldest day of the week. Wind really howled here yesterday, Sharon. Haven't heard wind howl like that since I left the CO plains 40 years ago.

Friday I'll get some stuff out of the way before VSN kicks in. So looking forward to this weekend and with me being home by myself, there is nothing preventing me from playing.
We have too many trees for satellite. Dish came once to install and they guy said we would get a good signal because of the trees. No direct line of sight south.

Last edited by nhagen; 03-07-2018 at 06:57 AM..
Old 03-07-2018, 06:59 AM   #14377
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Disneyland was fun but cold. We spent Thursday and Friday in the Parks, Saturday in Downtown Disney and then drove to the Palm Springs area. On Sunday we went to an outdoor market in Palm Springs and drove home. Great trip! Three teens, my friend and I on a road trip! Went well and I was thankful to have to legs to walk on and NO scooter this Rodeo break trip.
Sounds like a fun trip! Even though it was cold, it was probably warmer then here, LOLOL
Old 03-07-2018, 07:05 AM   #14378
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
So far so good. I'm on the do not call list for both my home phone and my cell phone and I still get spam calls all the time. If I don't see a name, then I just do the hang up thing and then block the number. I'd hate to see how many numbers I have blocked
Only legitimate companies follow the DNC list laws. These fake calls donít care about the law, their trying to steal your information. Itís Too bad that phone companies or someone doesnít come up with a way to thwart these spoofed numbers and spammers before the calls reach your phone. Someone could make a lot money if they did!
Old 03-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #14379
Stazon Splitcoast

We live in the horseshoe of a forest, but the acre the house sits on is pretty clear. I have satellite for both TV and internet. Bummers you can't get a clear signal
Old 03-10-2018, 06:00 AM   #14380
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay... so now that I know VSN is the 23/24 and NOT this weekend I guess I'll still spend today cranking out cards and getting stuff ready to shoot for the blog. I do need to go into Birch Tree to Dollar General. Need to see what they have for Spring plastic tablecloths. I put one over a board on top of HoneyB's kennel. That serves as our coffee table between the two recliners. Seriously time to take down fall and Christmas.

What's everyone else doing this weekend?
Old 03-10-2018, 11:47 AM   #14381
Stazon Splitcoast

back from shopping. I got the table clothes I needed for the living room plus one for the table on the front deck. I'm optimistic I'll be able to work out there soon also picked up some more hand towels/ dish cloths to match the Hello Spring hand towels I got at WM a couple of weeks ago. I'll go with my everyday kitchen curtains/ valances this year but the first weekend in April is the local Quilt Shop Hop. Found the fabric I want for spring curtains and everything will be 40% off that week.

I also caved in and bought a Swifer Wet Jet. I have to keep ahead of this cat hair and spills somehow. this will be good for an every night quick swipe then the heavy duty Bissell on the weekend.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #14382
Stazon Splitcoast

Errand out of the way, I'm working on putting stuff back but running out of steam. not sure much else except reading/ reviewing a book is on my list for the rest of the night. Bob's shift got moved. He is now on Midnight to Noon so I'll know I won't be interrupted when I sit to read. I've read the book once when I had the galley's to proof for the editor. Now I want to settle in with the hard copy and re-read
Old 03-11-2018, 06:21 AM   #14383
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning. Everyone remember to jump their clocks ahead? I didn't but my phone resets automatically so I'm up to speed at least. Sadly, the bedroom clock wasn't so when the cat was trying to wake me up at what I thought was 6, she was telling me to move it - she was late for breakfast hehe
Old 03-11-2018, 06:23 AM   #14384
Stazon Splitcoast

Supposed to be colder today so I have no plans to do anything outside. Going to get my work table cleared and set things up to be working on this week. I need to get the rest of the links set up for the AOCC thread. I'd made the challenge list when Bob was home but now I can't find it. I may have to recreate it before I can set the links
Old 03-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #14385
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
That sounds like a really good deal for you Kelly. I think one of the reasons I left Dish was that I wanted BYU-TV 7 days a week and they didn't have that which is one reason I stick with AT&T.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #14386
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Wow! What a deal, Kelly! Congratulations!

I am just now having breakfast, as we had the plumber already. He fixed main toilet, and a leaky kitchen tap. Didnít go to the gym today because waited for plumber, and later going out to eat. Other than that, just sorting and cleaning, reorganizing in craft room. Never ending job! I am listening to the wind howl!
At least it is sunny. I looked at todayís challenges and thinking about doing the CAS one to use a colored base. Pretty simple; I think I can handle that one!
I need to call my plumber. It's been on my to-do list for at lease 6 weeks now. When the kids use the sink in the big bathroom when they come over, the water will suddenly shut off while they are washing their hands. I don't have a clue why it does this, sounds like a faulty valve somewhere. I need to call my plumber that did my repipe and see if he can either come fix it or tell me what the problem is so I can tell another plumber what is going on with it.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-11-2018, 10:48 AM   #14387
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Sad that it had to com to that. But, if you don't speak up for yourself, then they won't do anything.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-11-2018, 10:50 AM   #14388
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Only legitimate companies follow the DNC list laws. These fake calls donít care about the law, their trying to steal your information. Itís Too bad that phone companies or someone doesnít come up with a way to thwart these spoofed numbers and spammers before the calls reach your phone. Someone could make a lot money if they did!
They also don't apply to political calls, so they can call you all they time. They are the ones that need to be blocked. They call everyday and sometimes multiple times a day. So annoying.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #14389
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning. Everyone remember to jump their clocks ahead? I didn't but my phone resets automatically so I'm up to speed at least. Sadly, the bedroom clock wasn't so when the cat was trying to wake me up at what I thought was 6, she was telling me to move it - she was late for breakfast hehe
Hehehehe! I did remember to move my bedroom alarm clock. I did it about 6:30 so I wouldn't forget. I changed all the other clocks that I needed to do and let the computer, phone, fitbit reset on their on. I did notice that we were missing a few people at church today.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #14390
Quacker Stamper

Sorry to be MIA this week. It's been really busy at the office with real office work which meant that I had to do my school work at night when I got home from work so some late nights. I managed to get through both classes with not much issue. I was the Lead Student of the religion class last week. That always takes more time too than just keeping up with the class work.

I was watching the video for the Math class this week. More exponent work. I was not happy with the video. The guy who is explaining it goes so fast I can't keep up with him by watching it once and it 's 45 minutes long, so I don't really have a lot of time to watch these multiple times. I'm going to do the first practice quiz and see how that goes and what I don't understand.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-11-2018, 11:26 AM   #14391
Quacker Stamper

I decided that this was the weekend that I was going to get started on the yard. I think it was last Tuesday night I had a guy come to give me an estimate on getting the work done - cleaning out the flower beds, trimming the shrubs, etc. and planting new plants. He had left his card on my door about a week before. His English is not very good which should have been my first inkling that this was not going to go well. He brought his daughter with him when he came as his "interpreter." Anyway, we set it up that he would come Saturday morning to do the lawn cleaning and then next week he would start the mowing every other week.

Yesterday morning comes and a little after 9 I call his phone to see if he was coming and get his voice mail and left a message. Then I called his daughter (I had gotten her number also) and no answer there either. I also then texted both of them to see if he was going to come and got no response. I got on the computer about 9:30 or so on our Nextdoor website and looked for any other landscaping/lawn companies. I found a company close to my neighborhood and called him. He spoke English and I had no trouble communicating with him. We set up for him to come to my house that afternoon about 12:30 to give me an estimate on doing the cleaning, etc. About 9:50 I finally get a response from the daughter. I tell her that I have found someone else to do the work and need someone reliable. She says Okay. I needed to go to the nursery to get some more plants, so I left my house about 10:15. I was gone about an hour and when I pulled up to my house, there was a lawn crew working. They had cut the grass and were cleaning out the front flower bed. I got out and asked who they were and they told me they were ** Lawn Service. We got into a thing about why they were they when I told them not to come and also why they mowed my yard when they were not supposed to do that. They had shown up about 11 from the daughter's text to me and the reason he hadn't come earlier was that it was raining! Well, it wasn't raining that morning. It was all over by the time I got up at 6:30. Anyway, the guy was there at my house that had come before and told me that about the rain. I told him that it wasn't raining that morning, it had all stopped. Anyway, they just went and got in their truck and left. They had only done a little bit on the front flower bed and nothing in the back yard.

So the new guys comes about 12:45 (Kyle). We worked it all out and he will be coming Monday morning. He said he would come today, but I don't work on Sunday and so wouldn't want to be the one to make him work on Sunday. Since the lawn had already been cut, we set up that he will start doing that next Tuesday. He asked me if I liked the lawn cut so short. It was pretty short. I told him no, that we hadn't discussed that. He told me how he likes to cut this kind of grass. So now Kyle is set to start taking care of my lawn and gardens. I think he was pretty reasonable in his price for the cleaning.

That wasn't the last I heard from the first guy. His daughter texted me to say that her dad would come and do the work and if I don't want to pay him is okay. I texted back that no, I didn't need him to come back since I had told him that I found someone else before he came and started doing this work. Then I got a text from the daughter again saying that he doesn't know English very well and he didn't respond when she called him, etc.

I texted her back saying that communication is so important and it seemed that I wasn't going to be able to communicate with him so it wasn't going to be a good fit and I didn't feel like he was being honest with me. I did text her back later and asked for their address. I had decided that I would send him some $$, maybe $20 for the little bit of cleaning that he did. I wasn't going to pay for the lawn because he wasn't supposed to do that on Saturday.

Ugh! Sorry for the book and vent. I just hope and pray that this Kyle will be the one that will do the job without any issues and I won't have to be looking for another lawn guy anytime soon or ever!
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
ScrappinCEO and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #14392
Quacker Stamper

The kids are coming over for dinner in a little bit. I decided to go simple and make meatballs (meatless) and spaghetti with rolls, salad, and my banana bread brownies.

I spent a good part of my day yesterday after Kyle left getting the house cleaned up and the laundry done. Ooops, I still have a big load of towels to put in the washer.

No time last week for crafting. I hope to get in there later after the kids. leave.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #14393
Stazon Splitcoast

Man, Maggie. You have so much trouble with a lawn service. Let me know if you ever need someone and I'll check with my musician buddies in the area. They all speak english
Old 03-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #14394
Stazon Splitcoast

Quick Pop in. I've been working this morning. No creating yet. Right now I'm feeling more 'nap' than anything. Didn't help that I sat through the replay of a marketing video. Great information but it's a good thing I was at the table with the laptop rather than in the recliner
Old 03-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #14395
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Man, Maggie. You have so much trouble with a lawn service. Let me know if you ever need someone and I'll check with my musician buddies in the area. They all speak english
Keep your fingers crossed. I think I have finally found my guy. Speaks English, arrives on times, works hard, reasonably priced. He got here about 9 this morning; worked until noon; went and had lunch; came back about 1:30 and worked until 4. Cleaned up everything, trimmed hedges and shrubs, and rose bushes. Cleaned out flower beds and planted the plants that I got on Saturday. I didn't get enough for the front bed, so I'll go on Saturday and get some more. Then when he comes to mow next Tuesday, he'll plant the new ones. Very nice guy and a veteran of the Iraq war so I'm glad to have him do work for me.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #14396
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Quick Pop in. I've been working this morning. No creating yet. Right now I'm feeling more 'nap' than anything. Didn't help that I sat through the replay of a marketing video. Great information but it's a good thing I was at the table with the laptop rather than in the recliner
I feel much better now. I spent a lot of my day working on Math - Exponents and Compound Interest. I had better luck this time with the Excel than I did with my calculator. It said that some calculations were too big. I kept checking the way I was doing them, and it all seemed to be right. Glad that I am learning how to use Excel though. That was one of my main goals with this course.

I think my problem this morning was I was still suffering from the Spring Forward clock change. I woke up about 3:45 and it was too late to take an Ambien, so I tried to go back to sleep. I had also had kind of a bad dream I could not get back to sleep and when I looked at the clock it was 5. I knew that I'd never make it through the day so I reset my alarm for 8:15 and took an ambien then and went back to sleep.
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Old 03-13-2018, 06:15 AM   #14397
Stazon Splitcoast

How are you doing today, Maggie?

I hope this guys works out. I have several musicians on my roster that are Iraq vets. They seem to work the hardest and be the most dedicated to accomplishing their goals, while helping others
Old 03-13-2018, 06:16 AM   #14398
Stazon Splitcoast

I got some stuff accomplished but not as much as I wanted. Then as I was determined to do, after supper I opened up my manuscript and started the rewrites. I tried working with my sprint group but they were more into working behind the scenes and not with a timer. I can do that on my own and probably be more productive so I'm going to try writing without them tonight. If nothing else I'll have more table room.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:18 AM   #14399
Stazon Splitcoast

I've made a list of everything I need to do today rather than having it in my head. I've had breakfast. Will have another cup of coffee while I run the email then get started. First thing is to check the TPT and see if I need a card.

Joyce, Nancy, Brenda, Sharon.. where are you girls?
Old 03-13-2018, 09:31 AM   #14400
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I'm here. Just quiet I guess. I did go a day unplugged just to get other stuff done. I find once I get on the computer I can waste hours!

I am having what I think is an ulcer flare up. Started the last day or two, last night I was in awful pain. I got up and got the real pain meds out, and made a dr appointment for tomorrow morning if I'm not feeling better. Eating very bland. And of course my husband is in Houston so I'm home alone.

Did you all see the packages that exploded in south TX? Yikes! I grabbed a package off the front porch today and didn't even think about it until after.

I hope to have a very low key day, maybe nap and make a few birthday cards.