Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #41
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning and Happy 4th of July! Hope you all have a fun and safe day today.

The A/C repair man should be here in 1/2 hour to check things out. Hope it's not too much $$ to have it fixed.
Maggie, hoping we find you nice and cool and still flush with cash after the repairman left

Rest of y'all Happy 4th
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:22 AM   #42
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Oh no, and on a holiday, I hope they won't charge extra.
They did charge me time and a half, but it was worth it. The thermostat was bad so he installed a new digital one. It's really great. I hated the old one and am glad it's gone. I'm enjoying this new one.

Didn't do much yesterday. Went and picked up some new flowers and shrubs after the A/C man left. Worked on getting my stamp room cleaned up and reorganized. I can actually do some work in there now. And I did work on a card last night. Almost done. Just have to put it all together tonight and get it uploaded.
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
smadson likes this post.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #43
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Glad it's fixed and you are enjoying the coolness.

I did blog a few photos of our day yesterday. I was exhausted until I hit the bed at midnight. Luckily fireworks were early, but then we went to Applebee's for late night food. You could tell everyone was tired, not one person ordered adult beverages. Lol

Have a great Thursday!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #44
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Glad it's fixed and you are enjoying the coolness.

I did blog a few photos of our day yesterday. I was exhausted until I hit the bed at midnight. Luckily fireworks were early, but then we went to Applebee's for late night food. You could tell everyone was tired, not one person ordered adult beverages. Lol

Have a great Thursday!
Cute photos and your card is fabulous! Looks like lots of fun for everyone.
International Art & Soul
Old 07-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #45
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Joyce those are wonderful photos! Left some love.
I still have not been able to figure out how put the Blogs on. I have not given up though.

Found out Mom gets out of rehab a week from today. She doesn't want to go to nursing home and will be returning to her apartment. I will have to go do her tube feelings several times a day. So don't know how much I will be on here after she goes home. Right now she has pneumonia and a bladder infection. She is really down about everything. She is so sweet though. We are trusting God and know He is in control.
Not dressed yet. Better go do that. . Glad you have A/C Maggie!

BLOG: Foxy Stamping

S2S 2019: Doing great!
Srapbook pages 7/100 as of 01/31/19
Old 07-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Flying by...very busy day & my son will be here in a few hours!

Not ignoring anyone just trying to get everything done before I leave & visit with my son while he's here
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Old 07-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #47
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Yes, Joyce those are wonderful photos! Left some love.
I still have not been able to figure out how put the Blogs on. I have not given up though.

Found out Mom gets out of rehab a week from today. She doesn't want to go to nursing home and will be returning to her apartment. I will have to go do her tube feelings several times a day. So don't know how much I will be on here after she goes home. Right now she has pneumonia and a bladder infection. She is really down about everything. She is so sweet though. We are trusting God and know He is in control.
Not dressed yet. Better go do that. . Glad you have A/C Maggie!
Sharon, so sorry about your mom. Are the doctor's okay with her going home? I hope that they will get her well from the pneumonia and bladder infection first. That's going to be so hard on you to go there several times a day, but I know that she'll feel so much better at home than in a rehab/nursing home, although if something should happen to her while you're not there, will she able to reach you?
International Art & Soul
Old 07-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #48
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Good Morning!

Flying by...very busy day & my son will be here in a few hours!

Not ignoring anyone just trying to get everything done before I leave & visit with my son while he's here
Have a great time with your son!

Is it time for Convention already?????
International Art & Soul
Old 07-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #49
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie, we are getting her one of those life buttons called lifeline. But I don't know what is coming. We will just see.

mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #50
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Sharon. I sure hope they consider home nurses visiting. That will be very difficult on you to do that care all yourself. I'm speaking from experience. I had a picc line and TPN for almost 7 months. Trust me, you will need help. I had 2 adults livening with me and still had visiting nurses to help with care.

I can talk you thru adding the blod links if you like, just send me a pm with your number and we can work out a time.

Thanks for the blog love
Old 07-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #51
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers!

My yard man came by last night to check out all that I wanted him to do. He's going to try to come back tonight after he does his lawns and get it all done. If he can't, he'll call me. I hope he does because it's supposed to rain this weekend and through the early part of next week. Then he wouldn't be able to come until about Wednesday. I'd like to have the work done before it rains to get the benefit.

Today I've got grocery store, laundry and house cleaning to get done and then some time in my stamp room. Since PSC is on vacation in July, I need to find some inspiration. Did you all know that Feline Playful has changed it's name and has a new blog. They are now Paper Playful. People thought that they had something to do with cats. :mrgreen
:

One last thing, I'm asking for prayers for my older brother who is having surgery on Wednesday. It sounds like he may have colon cancer. They are going to remove part of his colon. We did not get this information from him or his wife. His wife sent a message to my cousin because they were supposed to get together with her at some point next week and she e-mailed her why they couldn't do it. My cousin e-mailed my sister who e-mailed me. I don't know why she didn't include me on that e-mail. That's me - always the last to know. Sad but my brother and I have had issues for some time and really don't get along although I did send him a nice birthday card in March which he didn't acknowledge. Such is life.

International Art & Soul
smadson likes this post.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #52
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie, I did it! You are all on my Blog now! I figured it out! Whohoo!

Old 07-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #53
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, I did it! You are all on my Blog now! I figured it out! Whohoo!
Yeah Sharon!!!! That's great that you were able to figure it out.

Yeah me! I finally got around to visit everyone's blog. Sorry I've been lax about that, but promise to do better and get around more often. I just love what everyone is doing.
International Art & Soul
Old 07-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #54
Quacker Stamper

The yard guys were here working on the plantings! They were really pretty fast getting it all done. I went out and watered everything and now I'm hoping for rain tomorrow!

Working on laundry.

Got my blog updated with a card using a Simply Betty Stamps image. This is for the Fan Page Challenge - like the one that I won last month with all my blogging friends that voted for me.
International Art & Soul
nhagen likes this post.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #55
Quacker Stamper

I've had an odd experience. I stopped at Kroger last night on my way home from work to gas up my car. When I first attempted to put my Debit card in, it gave me a message that said Invalid Card. I cancelled it and tried again and it said the same thing, so I went to tell the girl in the booth. She cleared it or something inside and said to go try again, which I did and I got a message Cancelled, Try Again. I went back and told her and she came out to the pump with a blank card and swiped that. I think it was supposed to clear it or something. Anyway, it didn't work. She said she'd have to swipe it inside the booth, but I'd have to tell her how much I wanted to put on it. I told her I needed to fill up so it would be at least $25. Inside the booth, she swiped my rewards card and then my debit card. It came back that the CARD WAS DECLINED!!!!! I have no idea what caused that. It's not like there's no $$ in my account. If I had time I would have gone somewhere else, but I ended up just using my other credit card.

The weird thing is that when I went to the nursery this morning to get that other Black Diamond Crepe Myrtle (which I did), I had the same problem. They said the card was declined! Now I have to deal with the bank on Monday and figure out why that happened. I really hope that I don't have to replace the debit card. That is such a hassle if you remember what all happened this last time I had to do that. I know it had something to do with their gas pump and the issues I was having with it. It won't ever let me swipe my rewards card anymore. I always have to hold it under a scanner over on the right side of the pump. I think I am finally done with Kroger after the hassle they gave me awhile back with wanting to cash a check there - and now this.

International Art & Soul
Old 07-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #56
Quacker Stamper

I was in a cooking mood today. I made some yummy tuna salad for lunch - not like you usually make it. It has shredded carrots, celery, and onions in it. I used Fat Free Miracle Whip and a little bit of apple cidar vinegar. Was yummy on 1/2 of an English Muffin with a slice of Fat free Swiss cheese on it an a slice of tomato. It made a big batch, so I'll be having that for a few days either lunch or dinner.

Tonight I make some chicken pockets with steamed spinach, swiss cheese and tomato in the pocket. Turned out really yummy. I made some linguine (whole wheat) and sauted some asparagus with mushrooms and onions and combined it with the pasta as a side dish. Very good. I made enough for the week so now I'll have chicken and tuna to trade off for lunches and dinners.
International Art & Soul
nhagen likes this post.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #57
Quacker Stamper

Gotta go work on the laundry and take a shower and see if I can find something to put on these ant bites that I got on my foot. One of the plants I wanted to dig up this morning had a big ant hill underneath it and one got on my foot and gave me a couple bites before I was able to get it off me. Lucky I had gloves on because they were crawling up my gloves too, but I was able to get them off before they got to where they could bite me. I put some Amdro out there and I hope it kills them, but we could still see them out there tonight.
International Art & Soul
Old 07-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I've had an odd experience. I stopped at Kroger last night on my way home from work to gas up my car. When I first attempted to put my Debit card in, it gave me a message that said Invalid Card. I cancelled it and tried again and it said the same thing, so I went to tell the girl in the booth. She cleared it or something inside and said to go try again, which I did and I got a message Cancelled, Try Again. I went back and told her and she came out to the pump with a blank card and swiped that. I think it was supposed to clear it or something. Anyway, it didn't work. She said she'd have to swipe it inside the booth, but I'd have to tell her how much I wanted to put on it. I told her I needed to fill up so it would be at least $25. Inside the booth, she swiped my rewards card and then my debit card. It came back that the CARD WAS DECLINED!!!!! I have no idea what caused that. It's not like there's no $$ in my account. If I had time I would have gone somewhere else, but I ended up just using my other credit card.

The weird thing is that when I went to the nursery this morning to get that other Black Diamond Crepe Myrtle (which I did), I had the same problem. They said the card was declined! Now I have to deal with the bank on Monday and figure out why that happened. I really hope that I don't have to replace the debit card. That is such a hassle if you remember what all happened this last time I had to do that. I know it had something to do with their gas pump and the issues I was having with it. It won't ever let me swipe my rewards card anymore. I always have to hold it under a scanner over on the right side of the pump. I think I am finally done with Kroger after the hassle they gave me awhile back with wanting to cash a check there - and now this.

That's weird. I hope your bank account is ok. I hope no one got your card number. Hopefully it is something simple like the magnetic strip is worn out and you just need a new card. My card is starting to act wonky and occasionally I need to swip it twice.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #59
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Have a great time with your son!

Is it time for Convention already?????
which convention are you talking about maggie? I know I have one locally about the 20th of july and the sept one in mi or wi one of the 2
Old 07-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #60
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
That's weird. I hope your bank account is ok. I hope no one got your card number. Hopefully it is something simple like the magnetic strip is worn out and you just need a new card. My card is starting to act wonky and occasionally I need to swip it twice.
No, I don't think anyone got my number. I think it was just that we had to try so many times and it didn't work, that the bank probably blocked it. It's like when you try to get on one of your web pages and forget your password and keep trying different ones until it finally won't let you back in. I'm hoping it will just be a quick call to the bank in the morning.

My Kroger Reward Card is like that. And in order to get a new one, I need to get a new number, but all my rewards are tied to the one I have now. It only gives me a problem when I'm gassing up my car.
International Art & Soul
Old 07-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #61
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
which convention are you talking about maggie? I know I have one locally about the 20th of july and the sept one in mi or wi one of the 2
Jackie is going to the Stampin Up Convention. She's been busily working on swaps and stuff for that.

Yes the Mall of the Americas one is at the end of September.
International Art & Soul
Old 07-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #62
Quacker Stamper

Good morning! The weather right now is very nice, but we're supposed to get rain later. Good for my new plants and shrubs so I'm not complaining.

I'm off to get something for breakfast and see what I can get into. I did get my SU order on Friday and just opened the box last night. Can't wait to play with new toys. I didn't think I had ordered many stamp sets, but well, guess I did.
International Art & Soul
hpyscrpr2 and nhagen like this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #63
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
No, I don't think anyone got my number. I think it was just that we had to try so many times and it didn't work, that the bank probably blocked it. It's like when you try to get on one of your web pages and forget your password and keep trying different ones until it finally won't let you back in. I'm hoping it will just be a quick call to the bank in the morning.

My Kroger Reward Card is like that. And in order to get a new one, I need to get a new number, but all my rewards are tied to the one I have now. It only gives me a problem when I'm gassing up my car.
I hope that's all it is. It's weird that it wouldn't go through so many times though. If the strip was going bad I don't think it even transmits into the bank. So why the bank rejected it in the first place is strange.

One of our grocery stores just dropped the gas rewards. In fact they dropped needing a rewards card to get the sale prices. I like that much better. I am tired of the cards!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #64
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
I hope that's .all it is. It's weird that it wouldn't go through so many times though. If the strip was going bad I don't think it even transmits into the bank. So why the bank rejected it in the first place is strange.

One of our grocery stores just dropped the gas rewards. In fact they dropped needing a rewards card to get the sale prices. I like that much better. I am tired of the cards!
The card is fairly new. I've only had it a few months after being hacked! I've had issues with the Kroger gas pumps in the past, so it's not surprising to me. I think it's time that I just quit going there. I like the H.E.B. grocery store better anyway. I don't think it's worth $.25 for the hassle that I get going to Kroger.
International Art & Soul
Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning all....

Poppin' on to say HI this morning before getting back to work! I'm enjoying having my son home & visiting with him. He's so grown now LOL!!!

I hope you get that card thing worked out Maggie. I'm a bit jealous of your stampin' up stuff....I haven't had a chance to order anything fun....just swap stuff so I'll be glad when I can sit down & do that! OH, I did just order my freebies that I earned during sale-a-bration so that will be nice when it gets here

I'm off...BBL
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #66
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone! I am back from vacation and have about ten loads of laundry ahead of me today. Back to real life! LOL We had a wonderful time! A lot of lounging around at the pool and at the beach. At one point we had too much sun and ended up at a movie theater. (will be doing a blog post about that --- theater only sat 37 people....more to come on the blog).

I updated my sidebar and now have it current with our two newest members. I look forward to getting to know you. If each of you could private message me with your mailing address that would be great. I sent our group each a Fourth of July card and could not send you two one as I had no address Need that so next time I can send one to you both. It is rare that I have my act together to make cards for all at one time. LOL I just love the Fourth of July! I think it goes back to it being fun as a kid playing outside late and seeing fireworks to as a teen going to Disneyland with my parents. Also, my dad's birthday was 7/7 (today) and my Uncle's 7/8 so there was always a party around that time.

Maggie - WOW! You have had so much house stuff going on. I feel for you about the AC. We had issues a few weeks ago. Then the debit card thing. Banking stuff always upsets me. Let us know what happens. Also, the ant bites. -- OUCH!

Jackie- Have BIG fun with your son. I am sure you are so excited to have him home!!

Miss Brandy-- I have been thinking and thinking of what you can do to increase traffic to your blog and sell the cards. I agree with those that say to target a different market. You maybe should do some blog link-ups that are not crafting groups. That way the word will spread. Try Mom's Monday Mingle (link is on my sidebar) for one. That group is a lot of mom's but they all do different things. You may gain some interest in that group.The only bummer is you have to follow the first couple of blogs in the lineup. But, I still think it will help you spread the word.

Kelly-- Hope you make it to the next round. I voted (even on vacation

Nancy-- I agree, hate those cards too. If it is on sale I just want the deal. My Kroeger (it is Fry's here) card NEVER ever works at the pump. So silly and frustrating.

Vikki Jo - Love the Fourth of July look on your blog!!

Well the washer just beeped -- time for load number two. (so much sand ) Happy Sunday!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

Duh....forgot to say thank you for the happy mail Brenda! Totally made my day
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Old 07-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #68
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Me too, but I wanted to wait until she came home.

Joyce and Sharon -I'm a dunce to forget. Please send me also your mailing address and e-mail address. I have a master list of all the members and will add you to it and send it out to everyone for an update. Thanks.
International Art & Soul
Old 07-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #69
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Me too, but I wanted to wait until she came home.

Joyce and Sharon -I'm a dunce to forget. Please send me also your mailing address and e-mail address. I have a master list of all the members and will add you to it and send it out to everyone for an update. Thanks.
finally got my side bar updated. will get around to visiting y'all shortly
Old 07-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #70
Mini Quack

Happy Hellos on this rainy day...

I hope you all enjoyed your holiday time ...I sure did ...and adding a birthday in the mix sure did not hurt : )

So today there is a new blog post up...I am going to be more structured and dedicated ... so if I over load you guys, I know you will understand lol

I thank you ladies for the birthday wishes... the cards added such joy to my day these are from some of you, some from SCS BRAK and from family and friend...I am so blessed to have you all in my life

uupps I see I did not get the second shelf in the picture there are more cards...off to snap another picture...lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1584.jpg (33.1 KB, 5 views)

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 07-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #71
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Happy Hellos on this rainy day...

I hope you all enjoyed your holiday time ...I sure did ...and adding a birthday in the mix sure did not hurt : )

So today there is a new blog post up...I am going to be more structured and dedicated ... so if I over load you guys, I know you will understand lol

I thank you ladies for the birthday wishes... the cards added such joy to my day these are from some of you, some from SCS BRAK and from family and friend...I am so blessed to have you all in my life

uupps I see I did not get the second shelf in the picture there are more cards...off to snap another picture...lol
oops. happy belated birthday.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #72
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers

Soni, all your cards are so pretty. It is fun to receive Happy Mail for whatever reason.

I have a chiropractor appt today. Not sure if he can help my aches and pains, but I guess we'll find out.
International Art & Soul
Old 07-10-2013, 04:09 AM   #73
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Good morning Paper Bloggers

Soni, all your cards are so pretty. It is fun to receive Happy Mail for whatever reason.

I have a chiropractor appt today. Not sure if he can help my aches and pains, but I guess we'll find out.
I've had a chiropractor since my car wreck in ?oops cant remember. its like physical therapy.
it usually takes several visits to get permanent relief. from my experience first treatment feel much better , go again next day. my car wreck was pretty bad. i went m-f for 2 years
Old 07-10-2013, 05:47 AM   #74
Proud Fan Club Member

PM'd my address to you Brenda and Maggie. Just notices that you both had asked for it.
Off to my Dr today, and Bible study. May be last time I can do things like that for myself, for awhile. I will try to post something on my Blog this week before Mom gets out of rehab.
I have Lifeline set up for her. We might have to get 24 hour care for her. I will see how much care she needs after this week-end. She can get around. Home health care is set up with PT, Ot, and bathing twice a week. The question is how she does at night. And, I have to go feed her. the worst thing about it , is I can imagine what she is going throug! My heart breaks for my sweet Mama.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #75
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
I've had a chiropractor since my car wreck in ?oops cant remember. its like physical therapy.
it usually takes several visits to get permanent relief. from my experience first treatment feel much better , go again next day. my car wreck was pretty bad. i went m-f for 2 years
That must have been some accident. You're probably lucky to be walking on the earth.

I think I may see if I can set up to see him once a month, but in the middle of the month I go to my massage person. So, I'd have an appt. every 2 weeks with either the chiropractor or the massage therapist. That should get me back in shape within about 6 months I would think.
International Art & Soul
Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #76
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
PM'd my address to you Brenda and Maggie. Just notices that you both had asked for it.
Off to my Dr today, and Bible study. May be last time I can do things like that for myself, for awhile. I will try to post something on my Blog this week before Mom gets out of rehab.
I have Lifeline set up for her. We might have to get 24 hour care for her. I will see how much care she needs after this week-end. She can get around. Home health care is set up with PT, Ot, and bathing twice a week. The question is how she does at night. And, I have to go feed her. the worst thing about it , is I can imagine what she is going throug! My heart breaks for my sweet Mama.
Thanks for the address. Good luck with your dr. today. I hope that you'll be able to continue going to your Bible study even after your mom gets home. Maybe you'll be able to work out the times. It is sad when we see our parents age and need help from us. Hmmm. . . that could be be at any time.
International Art & Soul
Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #77
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
That must have been some accident. You're probably lucky to be walking on the earth.

I think I may see if I can set up to see him once a month, but in the middle of the month I go to my massage person. So, I'd have an appt. every 2 weeks with either the chiropractor or the massage therapist. That should get me back in shape within about 6 months I would think.
i was turning across traffic with a green arrow and a girl ran the light. hit my passenger door, spun my car, ran into the curb bounced back. musta hit that curb pretty that my car bounced back . my chiropractor was a godsend. didnt use pain [email protected] came to looooove my ice pack .
Old 07-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #78
Proud Fan Club Member

I pm'd my address to Maggie, does someone else need it as well?

I've been visiting blogs faithfully. But sad I missed a birthday. So sorry and happy belated birthday Soni!

I appreciate reminders
Old 07-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #79
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
I visited your Blog today. Great blog, but I don't think it took my comments.
Maybe you preview them, and then they are published?

Old 07-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #80
Stampin' Fool

Got my FB post up for the next round of voting for kellys contest. y'all go look and tell me what you think. Kel, if you think it needs editing let me know and I'll get it changed