Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #4001
Stazon Splitcoast

Afternoon hello.....raining here so it's a bit dark & dreary. I don't care because it'll be summer soon
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener, ScrappinCEO and ashjoy like this post.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:24 PM   #4002
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjoy View Post
Hi all.
Kelly, I love stir fry, I think I might have to suggest for dinner.

I can't go to the chiropractor, I always end up in worse pain. But I hope your feeling better Maggie.

Sorry I've been lax on the blogging. I just haven't been up to doing anything with this kidney stone. I'm pretty much in constant pain even with the pain meds. If the stone has moved enough then the doctor may take the stent out today, in hopes it will bring the stone with its if not the surgery on Monday to try to break it up more.
Wow I didnt know that they put stents in for kidney stones. my uncle and one of my cousins get them(kidney stones). i only heard of stents for blocked arteries in the heart . my beloved gm had them after she had blockage after she had open heart surgery. they were several years apart the original open heart surgery and the stents
Old 03-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #4003
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Good morning!

I have some exciting news. I am now on the Creative Knockouts DT. My first post is in my blog today!!!!
awesome ! i'll be sure and go look
Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #4004
Pearl-ExPert

Hello Gals!!! What a week I have had!!!! UGH! Well the virus kicked it off and it was awful! Honestly I really think that today is the first day I felt 100 percent! I thought a few days ago that was the case but I feel even better today. DH left for out of town on Sun in the middle of my being sick DD was a help but once I showed signs of improvement I was back on "mom duty". LOL She had to be at school an hour (yes one hour) early today to attend the band festival. They did awesome.. received a "Superior with Distinction" which I am told is the best. I am proud of our little middle school band!

This week I also "locked" myself out of my new phone. We all know I am not good with electronics. Honestly, I could not believe I could not get back into it. In the end Apple walked me thru what to do. I basically started over....reset the phone to factory settings. UGH

Work was crazy busy and everyone was super needy! One guy had a thousand questions about his insurance. I almost told him he had a 20 question limit but I didn't. LOL My patience were thin this week. I think it was because I had been sick.

After typing this out...the week doesn't sound as bad as it felt. LOL

Nancy...a BIG congrats to your DT position! I am so excited and happy for you!!

Maggie, I hope your neck gets to feeling better. I go thru some of those issues myself. The neck tension used to give me horrible migraines. I now go to Oriental Chi in the mall weekly for a massage. A Lot of people do not care for the place as they are not licensed massage therapists. They do the trick for me and no appt is necessary. I always get the same gal. My mom has always went to the Chiropractor and so has my Grandma.

Kelly, WELCOME BACK! I missed you! I am glad you had a good time. ES sounds magical! I would love to see it.

Joyce, I cannot believe you are still suffering! I feel so bad for you!

Brandy.... what is new on your end???

Yes, I saw that about Archivers.

Jackie...any fun weekend plans??

Sharon.. if you are reading the thread I am thinking of you!

Soni and Terria...hope you are both good.

That's it for today. SO ready for Friday!! LOL
Old 03-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #4005
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post
Hello Gals!!! What a week I have had!!!! UGH! Well the virus kicked it off and it was awful! Honestly I really think that today is the first day I felt 100 percent! I thought a few days ago that was the case but I feel even better today. DH left for out of town on Sun in the middle of my being sick DD was a help but once I showed signs of improvement I was back on "mom duty". LOL She had to be at school an hour (yes one hour) early today to attend the band festival. They did awesome.. received a "Superior with Distinction" which I am told is the best. I am proud of our little middle school band!

This week I also "locked" myself out of my new phone. We all know I am not good with electronics. Honestly, I could not believe I could not get back into it. In the end Apple walked me thru what to do. I basically started over....reset the phone to factory settings. UGH

Work was crazy busy and everyone was super needy! One guy had a thousand questions about his insurance. I almost told him he had a 20 question limit but I didn't. LOL My patience were thin this week. I think it was because I had been sick.

Nancy...a BIG congrats to your DT position! I am so excited and happy for you!!

Maggie, I hope your neck gets to feeling better. I go thru some of those issues myself. The neck tension used to give me horrible migraines. I now go to Oriental Chi in the mall weekly for a massage. A Lot of people do not care for the place as they are not licensed massage therapists. They do the trick for me and no appt is necessary. I always get the same gal. My mom has always went to the Chiropractor and so has my Grandma.

Kelly, WELCOME BACK! I missed you! I am glad you had a good time. ES sounds magical! I would love to see it.

Joyce, I cannot believe you are still suffering! I feel so bad for you!

Brandy.... what is new on your end???

Jackie...any fun weekend plans??

Sharon.. if you are reading the thread I am thinking of you!

Soni and Terria...hope you are both good.

extremely grumpy. hate job hunting. one i went thru 4 interviews for & they said they thought i would be bored. needless to say i didnt get it. jerks. all of that for nothing.

then i got a bill for a wal-mart credit card. only I dont have a wal-mart credit card. i dont have any credit cards except lane bryant. i dont believe in having credit cards. too much pain in the butt. plus i dont believe in paying interest on top of the purchase price.if i cant pay for it out of the money i have then i dont get it. simple enough.

i had to call trans union. very frustrating experience. it had me ready to scream. i normally dont get angry muchless po'd.

then I found out today someone took out a loan in my name & i have bill collectors bothering me now. there is no way i would have agreed to a loan @all muchless one that charged 500 interest.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #4006
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhagen View Post
Good morning!

Kelly, ES sounds like a really neat place. My mom and MIL were both born an Arkansas. Also a lot of ancesters settled there as well. I have never been there.

If I ever get to go, I would like to go through ES. It sounds like a nice place to see.
Great weekend getaway. Call me and I'll give you the tour. And I promise you, once you visit you will be back - again and again and ...
pinkdisneychick01 likes this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #4007
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi all.
Kelly, I love stir fry, I think I might have to suggest for dinner.

I can't go to the chiropractor, I always end up in worse pain. But I hope your feeling better Maggie.

Sorry I've been lax on the blogging. I just haven't been up to doing anything with this kidney stone. I'm pretty much in constant pain even with the pain meds. If the stone has moved enough then the doctor may take the stent out today, in hopes it will bring the stone with its if not the surgery on Monday to try to break it up more.
Can not believe you are still dealing with this, Joyce! I thought you'd already had surgery to take care of it.

Yeah, I don't do Chiro's either. I have an opinion but I'll keep quiet
Old 03-28-2014, 08:14 AM   #4008
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 View Post
Afternoon hello.....raining here so it's a bit dark & dreary. I don't care because it'll be summer soon
Despite the temperatures - Spring has SPRUNG! How do I know?
I have Dandelions and we had our first thunderstorm of the season last night. Yep! Time to start planting the garden.
mschoener and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:17 AM   #4009
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Geez, what a nightmare Brandy!!! It may take a while, but it will all work out in the end.....

Hope you all have a good day or about as good as it can be
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Old 03-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #4010
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like you are a victim of Identity Theft, Brandy. Get on top of everything immediately! Will only get worse. And if Lane Bryant is the only card you have, I'd start by calling them. Their system may have been compromised and they are not even aware of it. However, if you use a Debit card from your bank, you are more likely to be targeted by identity theft. I don't use mine except at our local bank's atm machine. NEVER EVER use a debit card.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #4011
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Brenda.....nothing planned except going over schoolwork that was done this past week. Reggie's vacation is in August so we'll see what happens then
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Old 03-28-2014, 08:21 AM   #4012
Stazon Splitcoast

Brenda, you are welcome to come pay me a visit any time. I think a weekend in ES with you (any of you for that matter) would be a blast! Best Western Inn of the Ozarks is the best hotel. Only hotel I've stayed in for 25 years. comfy rooms, restaurant has good food and if you ever need something catered, their catering service is THE BEST. I might be biased because I know these people but works for me
Old 03-28-2014, 08:24 AM   #4013
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Brandy, they use stents for a lot of different medical things. For kidney stones it keeps the ureter open after they blast the stones. So things don't back up into your kidneys. Its supposed to help the pain as well, but it hasn't in my case. Not a fun experience.
Another message board friend went to file their taxes and someone had already filed with their information. I can't even imagine trying to get that fixed.

Brenda, it always seems worse when you are sick.

Sharon, hope you are doing well considering. Thinking about you.

Kelly,did you get any writing done so far? I'm anxious to read something!

Nancy, congrats! Will check it out.

Maggie, your new landscaping sounds very nice. We do our own, I wish I had a professional touch. I did not see that about Archivers,but I have never been to an Archivers. I'll have to go sign up for their emails as all my shopping is online.

I think the puppy is rebelling me being sick. He seemed to potty train very easily,then all of the sudden keeps having accidents in my bathroom. However, they are in the exact same spot every time. So now I am back to restricting him to first floor hard floor areas and we will see how it goes.

Off to soak in a hot bath.
Have a great day!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:25 AM   #4014
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning gals! Brandy, did someone steal your identity? Make sure. I have had credit card fraud before.....but not the credit card fraud and loan fraud at the same time. Not sure how you check about the identity thing but I would. I feel for you!!

Kelly, glad to hear spring is on its way to you.

I will have a new DT post on my blog Sunday. Very excited for you all to see the card I did. It is one I have wanted to make for a LONG time. It is my first try at it. Can't wait to do another.

That's it for now. I am off to WW and then to play Bingo again with the same gal I went with last time. Not really feeling like the Bingo today, I am more in the mood to do something more active (yes, it shocks me too LOL!). I committed to Bingo so I am going. I really enjoy this friend so I it will be fun to see her. Have a good one!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #4015
Pearl-ExPert

How funny....Kelly ... you and I were typing about identity theft at the same time...Maybe we are sisters!! LOL
Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #4016
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Oh, Brenda.....nothing planned except going over schoolwork that was done this past week. Reggie's vacation is in August so we'll see what happens then
Sounds relaxing Jackie! August isn't too far off. Hope you get to do something fun
hpyscrpr2 likes this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #4017
Stazon Splitcoast

Today the sun is finally shining - though not very bright - but it's there. We had a good thunderstorm come through last night so everything is wet this morning. That will probably keep the temperature down some. Guess I'm hanging the delicate load on the garment rack. So anxious to use my clothes line. Hopefully this weekend.
Today, aside from music business, I want to strip stuff out of the living room and give that area a good cleaning. Tired of looking at this house. Ugh!

I'm using the dining room table with the big ceiling fan above it to continue the gesso prepping of the composition books I want to use for Documented Life. I need the one that starts the April/May/June quarter in just a couple of days. Hard to believe it's almost April!

Why do I feel as if once summer hits, it will go all too fast?
Old 03-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #4018
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Brandy, they use stents for a lot of different medical things. For kidney stones it keeps the ureter open after they blast the stones. So things don't back up into your kidneys. Its supposed to help the pain as well, but it hasn't in my case. Not a fun experience.
Another message board friend went to file their taxes and someone had already filed with their information. I can't even imagine trying to get that fixed.

Maggie, your new landscaping sounds very nice. We do our own, I wish I had a professional touch. I did not see that about Archivers,but I have never been to an Archivers. I'll have to go sign up for their emails as all my shopping is online.

I think the puppy is rebelling me being sick. He seemed to potty train very easily,then all of the sudden keeps having accidents in my bathroom. However, they are in the exact same spot every time. So now I am back to restricting him to first floor hard floor areas and we will see how it goes.

Have a great day!
Hope your day is good!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #4019
Proud Fan Club Member

I only ever use our bank card, rarely have cash. But only use paypal online. My husband monitors our cards religiously.

Kelly, I did have the first stone lasered, it was so big it broke into smaller pieces. Some of those pieces are still pretty big. Then Friday he changed out the first stent that was blocked. I'm hoping to just get the stent out Monday and the stone that is stuck comes with it. Fingers crossed!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #4020
Stazon Splitcoast

Most of my writing of late, Joyce, has been in the non-fiction dept. However, I do have some contest entries due mid-April and will have some short stories that need a Beta reader if you're interested. Researching one today set in post WWII. That's the theme we're to use for this particular contest so I'll get out my big band music mix and research
Old 03-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #4021
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Most of my writing of late, Joyce, has been in the non-fiction dept. However, I do have some contest entries due mid-April and will have some short stories that need a Beta reader if you're interested. Researching one today set in post WWII. That's the theme we're to use for this particular contest so I'll get out my big band music mix and research
so jealous! love all kinds of music. even in the grocery stores you'll catch me caterwaling along with the music playing. LOL sometimes you'll even catch me dancing. its true

today i had stuck in my head "the gambler " kenny rogers song, then ocean front property by the man himself george strait. i think it was SRV's fault. i was on fb, and someone posted a video of SRV . for those non texans in the crowd, SRV is Steve Ray Vaugn. he & his brother Jimmy were Double Trouble. if you're curious give a listen to "the sky is crying" and that will get you started. slightly biased here but one song and you definitely will be a fan.
ScrappinCEO and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #4022
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a quick hello!

Just a tad tired. DS had an appt today and we had to get up very early.

Brenda, I hope you are feeling better today. Have fun at Bingo!

Brandy, I agree with everyone else. Sounds like identity theft! When my sister was job hunting several yes ago the same thing happened to her. It makes me wonder if someone who handles job applications could have gotten your SS etc off an application.

Last edited by nhagen; 03-28-2014 at 04:12 PM..
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #4023
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie , thank you for the beautiful card! Such a surprise in today's mail . I am still going thru Mom's stuff and trying to get things done today. First day I have felt like doing anything. I had a burst of energy. Maybe next week I will start chatting.
Hugs everyone.

BLOG: Foxy Stamping

S2S 2019: Doing great!
Srapbook pages 7/100 as of 01/31/19
ScrappinCEO and pinkdisneychick01 like this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #4024
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 View Post

Hi Brenda. Sorry that you've been so sick, but glad to hear that you are finally feeling better. That's too bad that DH had to go out of town right in the middle of it all, but everything seems to have worked out whether you were feeling up to it or not. You just kept plugging along.

My DGD went to UIL's this week and my DD went along. Said that the choirs did great but that the judges "lowballed" everyone. The choir director was "shocked." Not sure what that was all about.

Yikes! Glad you were able to get back into your phone. Did you lose everything that was on it? That would be tragic.

I a so glad to be home from work today. Such drama and somehow I got in the middle of it. Ugh! I"m so over highschool. Come on ladies, grow up !
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #4025
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
extremely grumpy. hate job hunting. one i went thru 4 interviews for & they said they thought i would be bored. needless to say i didnt get it. jerks. all of that for nothing.

then i got a bill for a wal-mart credit card. only I dont have a wal-mart credit card. i dont have any credit cards except lane bryant. i dont believe in having credit cards. too much pain in the butt. plus i dont believe in paying interest on top of the purchase price.if i cant pay for it out of the money i have then i dont get it. simple enough.

i had to call trans union. very frustrating experience. it had me ready to scream. i normally dont get angry muchless po'd.

then I found out today someone took out a loan in my name & i have bill collectors bothering me now. there is no way i would have agreed to a loan @all muchless one that charged 500 interest.
Oh Brandy! That is horrific! Worse than having my wallet stolen - identity theft is so terrible and so hard to get your life back in focus and on track. I sure hope that you can get it all figured out. Did you contact the police about it?

So sorry about the interview going wrong. They should have know before 4 interviews how it was going to be.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #4026
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Have a great day!
Hi Joyce. I hope the hot bath will help the pain. At least it will help relax you anyway so you can rest some.

I used to love to work in my gardens and dig in the dirt, but aging joints just don't let me do that anymore. I really miss it. I guess I need to call my lawn guy. He came today and mowed, but didn't plant any of the flowers and shrubs that I had set out even though he told me that's what to do when we talked before. Maybe I can work on getting the back flower beds weeded a bit tomorrow without too much difficulty and get those plants set out there and have him come do them all at once. I also don't know how much he's going to charge me for this either.

Sorry about the piddle puppy. Hope you can get that under control. Paisley's been really good about not wetting anywhere (including my bed) since I've let her sleep out in the living room. I leave it up to her. If she wants to sleep in my bed, then she needs to be in there when I go otherwise I leave the hallway door open and the other kitties can come it and that means she won't. I do have another problem with one of them throwing up and I have no idea which one it is. Same as with kids - it's always something.
International Art & Soul
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:17 PM   #4027
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Maggie , thank you for the beautiful card! Such a surprise in today's mail . I am still going thru Mom's stuff and trying to get things done today. First day I have felt like doing anything. I had a burst of energy. Maybe next week I will start chatting.
Hugs everyone.
Oh, I'm so glad that you got it. I enjoyed making it and thought of you when I was doing it. It's for my OSAAT DT and will go on my blog on Sunday, so I'm glad it got to you first.

It's tough having to go through everything and sort out anything to keep or toss, but sometimes it can bring pleasant memories back to you for comfort. When my dad passed away I kept 2 of his pullover sweaters and I love wearing them.
International Art & Soul
smadson likes this post.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #4028
Quacker Stamper

Just had one of those annoying messages on TV that there's a severe thunderstorm warning, so I better shut down for a bit and see what's going on.
International Art & Soul
Old 03-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #4029
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Its raining here today and I feel the same way bring on summer. I am ready for my flip flops!!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #4030
Hardware Hotshot

Hello and TGIF!! It has been a long week and I just want to relax and scrapbook. After the rain storm I am going to do some blog rounds
Old 03-28-2014, 07:01 PM   #4031
Stampin' Fool

just finished posting. blog rounds are next
Old 03-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #4032
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibalady12 View Post
just finished posting. blog rounds are next
k all done. i played in your challenge brenda!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:11 AM   #4033
Stampin' Fool

morning ladies
busy day im out
have a great saturday. will pop back when i can
Old 03-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #4034
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoshoun View Post
Its raining here today and I feel the same way bring on summer. I am ready for my flip flops!!
LOL! I live in my flip flops year round. Love them and they are so comfortable. I have toe socks that I wear with them when we have cold weather like today.
International Art & Soul
nhagen likes this post.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #4035
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers.

Need to get myself in gear and get out to the grocery store and get the few things I need. I opened the window in the dining room to let in some fresh air and the kitties really enjoyed all those outdoor smells and getting a close up of some of the outside kitties. It's a little chilly but nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (32.7 KB, 9 views)
International Art & Soul
Old 03-29-2014, 08:44 AM   #4036
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Maggie, the boys are getting big!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #4037
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Old 03-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #4038
Hardware Hotshot

Good Morning , I am off to go bike riding with the kids. I tired to scrapbook this morning but I am now upset with my scrapbook page not turning out like I wanted so I am off for a little while and then I will be back to play with the layout later.
ScrappinCEO and hpyscrpr2 like this post.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #4039
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie, they are beautiful! My puppy discovered birds the other day. He was trying his best to be noisier then they were. It was cute. Last night my husband and dd went to the store and came back with a squeaky toy pig that links. Today he was having a fit that the pig was in his bed. Wore himself out...the lid is still in his bed and he is sleeping like a baby on the couch.

I have a little fever today. Just took some meds and laying on the couch a bit. It's getting old just lying round. I getting stiff, but don't feel up to doing much else.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Old 03-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #4040
Stazon Splitcoast

HI ladies.
I'm snuggled on the sofa under the afghan. Says it's 68 in here but I'm sure not feeling it. So tired of being cold. But then once summer humidity sets in I won't like it either LOL

I dove into work for a bit this morning until I determined I had to go to the store and find some lunch. Now I'm trying NOT to work any more today.