Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-07-2016, 08:19 AM   #241
Swapper of the Month March 2013

We lived in Great Falls. Just for a few months. We actually moved every 3-6 months growing up - all over the western half of the US, so I've lived a lot of places.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-07-2016, 09:22 AM   #242
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanette, visiting Alaska has always been on my bucket list! As a retired Texas school teacher, I find it awesome that your DD is a bush teacher there! I bet she has some amazing stories to share.

I cannot even wrap my head around 47 Christmas trees in the house. My Christmas decorations for one tree take up the entire walk-in closet in my guest bedroom. You must have to rent storage space for all your holiday stuff! Lol! I would love to take a stroll through your holiday forest!

Save travels to Alabama and Texas. I am located in Victoria, Texas near the Gulf Coast.

Ching, Texas had a record-breaking year of rain in 2015 after several years of drought. Fortunately, I live on the opposite side of town from the river that is often out of its banks when we get a huge rain. It runs through the city park and golf course that often have to be dug out after floods. I hope you can stay high and dry!

I don't know how you working girls do it! Too many tasks, too little time. But I sure am glad that your cold is gone and hope your energy returns soon!

Cindy, here in Texas I was able to retire from teaching with full benefits at 51 after 29 years in the classroom, and I know that things have gotten more challenging in the years since I retired. You have my utmost respect. I am so glad that you are finding a balance between your work and crafting.

Clean and Simple is my card-making style of choice. I am basically an ink and paper kind of girl. Some of the CAS challenges I look in on regularly are CAS-ual Fridays, CASology, and One-Layer Simplicity. I used to do more of the CAS challenges here at SCS but nowadays there isn't much CAS about that one so I feel very out of place there.

Rhoda, I visited Montana once on a trip to Yellowstone. We drove up to Moose Pass (??) in June of 2004 to play in 5 feet of snow with our two granddaughters who were 6 and 8 at the time. What a beautiful place it was!

I am going to drop in on Sketch Saturday and give it a try! I need to be doing more blogging in addition to my DT work.

Shelly, I think nothing much feels worse than a toothache!! How blessed you are to have a dentist friend. I had to come up with $1000 for a new crown the week of Christmas when I was trying to get my Christmas shopping completed! I hope that your issue is resolved and your pain is gone so you can enjoy your Kentucky weekend!

Kelly, 60 degrees equals coats and hats in Texas!! We spend most of the year in shorts and flip-flops! This week it's boots and sweaters.

I joined the Christmas Card Challenge here at SCS last year and bombed out by the second month. I did end up creating over 100 to auction off for charity and then another 50 CAS for myself in November.

Lou, I am so enjoying your scrapbook layouts. I don't actually do any scrapbooking except for once a year. Our family has an ongoing (started in 1997) scrapbook project. Each family completes a 2 page layout for everyone else in the family depicting their year. I also do the 2 page cover sheets for everyone for the year. So in all, I do 12 copies of 4 pages for a total of 48 pages! It makes December pretty hectic.

I am going to look in on your Southern Girls Challenge, too! As I said before, I need to get more active with my blogging and challenges are a fun way to do just that!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005

Last edited by allee's; 01-07-2016 at 02:54 PM..
Old 01-07-2016, 04:32 PM   #243
Rubber Obsessor

Default so not related, help please...

Is there anyway to find/list your recent posts in SCS? I posted a reply in the forum, and I cannot find it. Anyone know?

A day without card-making is a dull day....
Designing Duos
Old 01-07-2016, 04:40 PM   #244
Proud Fan Club Member

Is it this thread?

Old 01-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #245
Proud Fan Club Member

If you click on your user name above your avatar, you will get a drop down menu that includes "Find More Posts by tesoro 72."

tesoro72 likes this post.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #246
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post
Shelly, I found my first blog hop through a sister member at StampNation. She directed me to a FaceBook group. Scrapping Blog Addicts (Pre-Blog Sign-Up) It's a closed group, so I just posted asking if I can invite you or if they have to...just in case you're interested. Now I hop with three people and that's enough to keep me busy. I like that I have more notice than the challenges and it extends the reach of my blog, which I really like.
Shelly, and anyone else interested in Blog Hops, I asked the owner of the Scrapping Blog Addicts if I could add you and she said, "Of Course!" So if any of you want to be added to this FaceBook group, let me know your FB name and I'll send you the invite. I may have to send you a friend request first just in case I can't invite you unless we're FB friends.
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #247
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post

Yep- visibility was pretty poor!

Shelly
Shelly, you might just be the most optimistic person I know when you refer to that last picture as poor visibility....I'd call that zero visibility, LOL
Old 01-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #248
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicalgirl2010View Post
Hi ladies. I've been lurking around your thread for a few days now and I hope you don't mind. But I would be interested in joining your blog group if there is space for me?
Sami, I'm joining in with my late but heartfelt welcome to our little family. When I'm all caught us here (which may take a while), I'll go check out your blog.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:59 PM   #249
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Is there any room for a new member to this blog group? If so, I would LOVE to join!!!
Wow, another new member! Welcome Jeanette. Can't wait to get to know you and Sami a bit better!

Gotta remember to update my blog roll!
Old 01-07-2016, 06:03 PM   #250

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesoro72View Post
Is there anyway to find/list your recent posts in SCS? I posted a reply in the forum, and I cannot find it. Anyone know?
If you click on your name by a post it will give you some options, one of which is to see recent posts by that person.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-07-2016, 06:04 PM   #251

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
If you click on your user name above your avatar, you will get a drop down menu that includes "Find More Posts by tesoro 72."
Oops! Sorry... I should have read further.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-07-2016, 06:05 PM   #252

Quote:

Wow, another new member! Welcome Jeanette. Can't wait to get to know you and Sami a bit better!

Gotta remember to update my blog roll!
Thank you, Kim! It's good to be here!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-07-2016, 06:11 PM   #253

Lynn, we have well over 100 boxes of Christmas decorations... and a storage area in our oversized garage to store them. DH wouldn't take kindly to us paying rent for storage. He's.... ummmmmmmmmmmm... not as enthusiastic about Christmas as I am. LOL!

Though he DOES carry every box in and out for me.

My ideal house (if I were building my dream home!) would include an oversized closet in EVERY room so that room's Christmas decorations could stay in that room's closet. It would make decorating so much easier.

Each room would also have outlets wired so that the bottom plug was connected to a light switch. Christmas lights could plug into that outlet and a flip of a light switch would turn them on/off.

Truthfully, in this house, the room that has the village in it (it's 25 lighted buildings and growing) has a light switch connected to the outlet and that's the way I wired it. It was wonderful!!!

My oldest DS has given me a village piece every year since he was in 1st grade. I love my village because it is his gift to me!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-08-2016, 06:16 AM   #254
Proud Fan Club Member

My last home had switches like that in the living room. For lamps, I guess. It really was nice for the Christmas tree! Your husband sounds like a peach! The extend of my husband's help with the decorations is to set up the tree and plug it in.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:36 AM   #255

Good Morning Friends!

Lynn, my DH is a peach, for sure. I appreciate all the box-carrying! I giggled when you said your DH plugs in the tree. I'm not sure why that hit me so funny. It IS nice that he puts it together, too.

FYI - I am leaving - heading south in just a few hours. I am not taking my computer, as I won't have a moment to do anything on it anyway. This is definitely a "working" trip. But it will be GREAT to be working with friends and learning from the national leadership, too!

I'll be back the middle of next week (for just a day before heading south again) so I'll see you then!

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-08-2016, 07:56 AM   #256
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Shelly, you might just be the most optimistic person I know when you refer to that last picture as poor visibility....I'd call that zero visibility, LOL
This Angeleno would freak out, go back inside and post on Facebook that it's clearly the end of the world if she saw weather like that outside!
Old 01-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #257
Rubber Obsessor

I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I'll be doing blog rounds later today.

Last night I got to do something really super awesome. I'm a big theater fan and have loved the movie Newsies since I was 13. I swear I've watched at least 10,000 times. A few years ago Disney turned it into a Broadway musical and I've been dying to see it and hoping that it would eventually come on tour to my city. IT DID!!!! and my parents got me tickets for Christmas and the show was last night and I really didn't think it was possible to fall more in love with Newsies then I was but I'm pretty sure I did. It was amazing!!
Old 01-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #258
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving hello!

Sami ~ That's one of the best Broadway performances I've seen in awhile - it's very energetic. You'll love it! My daughter's gift to me this Cmas was tickets to see Phantom - it will be my 3rd time seeing it, but first time from a box seat ♥ She's in Musical theater - one of the cast members from Newsies studied with her right here in Miami at her High School a few years ago ....... I'll have to ask her again what is name is so you can wave!

LOL Lynn - your dh is better than mine, my just sits back and smiles when it's ALL done inside He does set up the tree in the stand (we always buy a fresh tree) and the complete outside lights and lawn stuff though, so I'm guessing we're almost even

Waving to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
mcschmidty and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #259
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Well, I ended up with a root canal on Thursday- tooth infected and tooth and mouth is a bit sore. Taking Ibuprofen......

We hit the road for Ky after hubby was done with work and headed to Ky Thursday PM- rolled in at 1AM here. It was nice to get up n Friday and be here already, although I was moving a bit slow in the morning.

Today, we went out in the AM and took sown X-mas decorations when we got home. The Cinci Bengals are playing a big playoff game here tonight, so there is Bengal fever here everywhere- everyone is dressed n Orange everywhere we go!

Rhonda- my sis used to live in Kalispel for quite a few years. We only ventured there once, but remember being excited about the speed limit- safe and prudent. e were disappointed when we got there, the roads were windy and curvy so we had to drive slower than we imagined. Glacier National Park was close to my sis, so had to go there, of course, it was just gorgeous! We also hit Yellowstone on that trip. Put 5000 miles on the car that trip.

Jeanette- have a safe trip! You have lots of energy putting all of the decorations up and then taking them all down!

Hahaha- the viability was bad, and we just wanted to get there...so kept pushing forward..... We found out later that if you cause an accident and do not have all wheel drive, you get in big trouble in Colorado The rental just had front wheel drive. It was fun to head back and see the sights-Vale and Glenwood Springs- in the light of the day- so beautiful : )

We'll be heading home tomorrow, and are expecting 2-4" snow in Chicagoland......

Did any of you see the auction link for the lady that has over a million stamps? It is amazing, box after box of stamps she bought on e-bay etc and they are not even open..... Apparently, she is now collecting dolls and the family has intervened with her 'collecting'.

Have a great week!

Shelly
Old 01-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #260
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post

Rhonda- my sis used to live in Kalispel for quite a few years. We only ventured there once, but remember being excited about the speed limit- safe and prudent. e were disappointed when we got there, the roads were windy and curvy so we had to drive slower than we imagined. Glacier National Park was close to my sis, so had to go there, of course, it was just gorgeous! We also hit Yellowstone on that trip. Put 5000 miles on the car that trip.

Did any of you see the auction link for the lady that has over a million stamps? It is amazing, box after box of stamps she bought on e-bay etc and they are not even open..... Apparently, she is now collecting dolls and the family has intervened with her 'collecting'.
Shelly...Hope your tooth is feeling better. That is never fun!!

We have been in Montana over 17 years now and still haven't made it to Glacier. It's only a few hours from us, but we never make it all the way there. I've been to Kalispel only a few times. Once to catch a flight to Vegas and another just passing through after a day adventure in the Seely-Swan (horses and grizzlies!).

I haven't seen the stamp auction, but that is just crazy. Her 'collecting' is a little obsessive. But I think I would be happier with the stamps than with the dolls. Yikes!

Rhoda
Old 01-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #261
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Lynn, we have well over 100 boxes of Christmas decorations... and a storage area in our oversized garage to store them. DH wouldn't take kindly to us paying rent for storage. He's.... ummmmmmmmmmmm... not as enthusiastic about Christmas as I am. LOL!

Though he DOES carry every box in and out for me.

My ideal house (if I were building my dream home!) would include an oversized closet in EVERY room so that room's Christmas decorations could stay in that room's closet. It would make decorating so much easier.

Each room would also have outlets wired so that the bottom plug was connected to a light switch. Christmas lights could plug into that outlet and a flip of a light switch would turn them on/off.

Truthfully, in this house, the room that has the village in it (it's 25 lighted buildings and growing) has a light switch connected to the outlet and that's the way I wired it. It was wonderful!!!

My oldest DS has given me a village piece every year since he was in 1st grade. I love my village because it is his gift to me!
I used to be like you-crazy about Christmas. I started collecting my Village the first year it came out and every year I received every new building and accessory for Christmas. Our house had the kind of outlets you're talking about and window candles were a breeze to turn on and off. Fast Forward to now and I pull out one or two things at Christmas at most. I still have Christmas spirit but it's in a different form these days.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #262
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving hi to all!

Aw, Shelly - hugs, dear friend! That sounds uncomfortable - but glad you were able to travel in spite of that discomfort!

Not sure what you link you mean, but saw "Hoarders" once a long time ago after someone here on SCS posted a link where a lady had boxes and boxes of SU! products all over her house, all unopened. Imagine! I wonder if that's the same show/link. craziness!

Dh is at the gun show today, dd and her boyfriend are at the beach, and I'm home reading/cleaning! WOOHOO! Well, on the reading part
Old 01-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #263
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Lovelies,
Sorry it has been a while since I popped in here. My hubby has been home on Summer holidays for 3 weeks. It was lovely having him home and he did a lot of jobs at home and even started painting our roof. BUT it is nice to have my home back to myself and get back into my routine you know?
Jeanette, I found your comments about outlets interesting, here in New Zealand the outlets have to have a switch on them as a safety thing. Although our outlets are completely different to the US and if we buy a electric item direct from the States we have to get it re wired.
Cindy, I think it was you looking for the challenges? if you google Paper Playfull they have a complete list of available challenges everyday. Of course for me they are a day late but that is ok Also you are always welcome to play along at Southern Girls Challenge, the link is on my signature.
I hoe you are all keeping warm, it seems some of you are have a very cold Winter. We are instead have a pretty crappy Summer. It has been raining the last three days. I want the sun to come out again.
I got around and made comments yesterday afternoon and this morning, I apologise if I missed anyone as my internet was playing up something shocking. I am not sure whether it is out service provider or our new modem but it is driving me CRAZY!
Although I could be extra tetchy due to lack of sleep. We have found out that what we thought was a chest infection our youngest son had is actually asthma, we have had crazy broken sleep since before Christmas. I took William in to the doctor at my wits end last Friday and they put him on the nebulizer and gave him steroids to open his airways and now he is back to his happy self. Took a while to get here though. He is only just 4 and apparently they don't like to diagnose asthma in children that young, hmmm I would rather he can breathe and sleep personally.
Well that is my news, hope you are all having a nice weekend, Monday morning here already
Old 01-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #264
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

We had a balmy 59* this morning when I began the school drop offs - positively gorgeous. Wish it were like this always ... by February, those numbers will be reversed! Stay warm & safe.

Got dd to college but had to be back in an hour to pick her up and take her to work, so I went to Michaels and Hobby Lobby and Barnes and Noble. Funny how these craft items, books and S'Bux coffee just jumped in my carts ........ LOL!

I'm home now, briefly, then it's back out to pick everyone up, get dd to her voice coach, little man to the library and hopefully back home before dinner - especially since I'm cooking!

Making blog rounds today!

Hugs!
Old 01-11-2016, 07:14 PM   #265
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello,
Back from Ky- I am not sure if bad roads/driving follows me around, but had a nice drive from Ky yesterday- I drove the first half, which was all ice on the roads, and hubby took over North of Indianapolis and the roads were fine......

Neither of us slept well in Ky- we arrived late Thursday, and hubby has Bronchitis, Dad was up in the middle of the night coughing and around the house- normal for him, but it woke me up- he gets up early and talks so loud he wakes me up. He is a chatter box....! He was a bit crabby, telling me the kids (me and siblings) do not need to be coming down there so much. My Mom loves company. Trying not to take it personally : )

I am headed to take a shower, then will blog hop. I was going to create today, but did not get around to it. I slept in until 10am (yikes), went grocery shopping, made dinner- which took me forever! I wanted to try stuffed Butternut squash- hubby thought it was awesome and, although he was not too hungry, ate his and 1/2 of mine. I used hamburger, mushrooms, red onion, carrots, celery, garlic, spinach and topped with caramelized onions and bacon. Thee was a little cinnamon added, and I am not sure if it was that flavor...or what. I have enough left over for another night, so will try in an acorn squash- which I love....

Wow- it is warm in Florida- it got up to 20 here today- was in the negatives overnight, and snowing here now : ) Sure is pretty, but the roads are really slick with the ice from Saturday...... Kelly- another semester of running! Be safe my friend : )

Lou- hope the little guy feels better! My son had such bad issues when he was younger- thankfully, he outgrew that! Hope you get lots of pretty flowers after your Summer showers!

Kim- we did not put much up this year, as we celebrated on the road. WSe did help my folks take down their decorations and trees. They had 3 nativity sets up inside.... we got 2 of them put away and got the outdoor one put away as well. I have to say, putting up the decor does help with getting nto the Christmas mood....... so does the snow- we loved the snow in Colorado.... : ) And, we have snow here now as well.

Rhonda- you have to get to Glacier! It is so beautiful! We went on a hike and also drove thru the park. We took our Christmas picture that year at Bowman lake- the pic is one of my favorite ever Christmas pictures of the family too. My sister lived on a lake- we were there in July- the water was just freezing- the kids went in anyway, and eventually I did as well.

Ok- going to say hi to one more group, then will be blog hopping : )

Waving hello to all
Shelly
Old 01-12-2016, 06:17 AM   #266

Good Morning Friends!

Ching, what did you think of Shelly's picture? Loved your comment!

Sami, how fun to be able to see the production. I'm sure you are thrilled!

Kelly, what a nice gift from your DD!

Shelly, yikes! I'm sure glad you made it home safely. That was some weather! And I'm hoping your tooth/mouth are feeling much better now!

Kim, I'm not sure if my kiddos would tolerate me cutting back to very little Christmas. They sure love the decorations! But I'm glad you are comfortable with your Christmas decorating!

Lou, I love the way your New Zealand outlets are wired. I truly think connecting them to switches is a great idea!

Waving to everybody else.

I had a GREAT trip. The meeting was so good... well, until the very end when our national Executive Director announced her plans to retire this year. I was on the national board when we made the decision to hire her... so I've always felt a great love/respect for her - and a bit of a bond. Now she will be retiring. I am happy for her, but sad for our organization.

I'm home today. Fly out for Texas very early Thursday. Still not sure if I'll drive closer to the airport tomorrow and get a hotel or I'll leave at 5:00ish on Thursday morning.

I get home from that trip on Saturday evening. Then have 3 more out-of-town overnight trips in the next three weeks. Wow! 2016 is proving to be a go go go year so far.

I will do some catch up today (including visiting your blogs!) and think about the preparations to leave again soon.

What's everybody else up to???

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #267
Polyshrink Goddess

Good morning!

I have an article to finish writing for a fanpage I wrote for (Grey's Anatomy - a friend I made online and I also do a podcast) and then I will catch up!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:47 AM   #268

Good Morning Friends!

Waving and rushing through!

Today I have 3 meetings.... yikes! And I need to finish laundry, and pack... and finish two cards that are a work-in-progress from yesterday. I guess I'll prop my feet up and relax.................. tomorrow. Not! But I will sit a lot tomorrow... in the car (2 1/2 hours to the airport, in the airport, on the plane, in the van from the airport to the hotel (45 minutes), in the meeting.

I'm leaving in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow... and won't return until late Saturday night........... so I'll see everyone again on Monday! Have a great end of the week and weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-13-2016, 07:56 PM   #269
Rubber Obsessor

Just popping in! LOVE my new heart vent die! I have so many ideas floating around in my head. I LOVE how everyone writes about everyone, and everyone comments on everyone! I am so jealous.....I don't have time tonight. It is 11:00pm and I have to give midterm exams in the morning. (uuggh)

Thank you for all the challenge site suggestions. I am going to put together a small list and post them to my blog. I also wanted to complete a few and linkz them up. But that is tomorrow's list.

I am in the market for a new/used car too. I have been car shopping online....boy is that NOT fun. Buying a car with the internet is SO different then car buying USED to be. I thought it would be easier, but with rebates and discounts and false advertising it is not. So my little down time is filled with all sorts of things.

Goodnight!

Designing Duos
RhodaDesignStudio likes this post.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:58 PM   #270
Polyshrink Goddess

Cindy, I've bought my last 2 cars online using carsdirect.com and was fine. Good luck on the new car!!

Shelly...oh my, root canal! Hope you feel better!

Jeanette, lol, all I can think about is....what is snow shovelling and how long does that take? ohhh, and she must have to put on tire chains to drive in that? Or I guess special tires. All foreign concepts to this Angeleno. I'm only slightly familiar because I was a former skiier. hahah!!

You all are so cute with your glittery cheerful images.

I'm achieving a bit more work life balance and have begun part 1 of my get back into shape workouts in preparation for a half marathon I'm registered for in May at Disneyland. Doing bootcamp style circuit training 4 times a week, started this week. Run training with my run group starts the end of the month every Sat. Tonight was only my 2nd class and I already have so much energy!

Heading out of town this weekend to Central Coast in California near Santa Barbara to visit the other half's family and I can't wait to bust out a card in that down time.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:06 AM   #271
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning!

Thought I'd come say hello while I was doing blog rounds this morning. I'm excited because I actually have a job tomorrow! I work as a substitute teacher while I look for a full time teaching position. I've only been hired by one district so jobs can be few and far between so I'm excited that I get to work tomorrow!
Old 01-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #272
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Checking in and waving hello! Meant to get to blog rounds - only got to some, if not, I'll check back next week. Thanks for those that have visited me, too!

We are off bright and early tomorrow for 4 days in the wilderness!
Dh and I are both taking little man to his Boy Scout camping in central Florida ('bought 2.5 hours out of Miami in RURAL Fl!) Its supposed to be cold and/or rainy and I'm silently having 500 temper tantrums an hour!

"You wanted ADVENTURE!" dh says. Funny man!

We'll be there 4 days, in rickety tents and sleeping bags, with NO ELECTRICITY! Hello! I can (sorta!) go without my Starbucks or a hair dryer - but come on! LOL!!! We've been warned there are 1. critters and 2. port'o potties and 3. no electricity whatsoever so the minute it gets dark, I'm running for the SUV! It has a built in tv, radio, car charger .... LOL!!! There's archery, canoes, outdoors, adventure ... I have a great sense of adventure but when they tell me "Oh, the lake - stay out of it - it has water mocassins! Oh, and we saw two - not one, but TWO, rattlers in camp last year!" 'Scuse me?!!!!!!!!

"It will be fun! You'll love it!" they said.

Luckily, we are blessed with a wonderful Den and the kids are great, the families greater and I am hoping for the best. Guess you'll either hear back from me on Tuesday or my dh will have me committed, whichever comes first!

I wish you all a wonderful weekend ......... and myself as well - ROFL!
Old 01-14-2016, 02:51 PM   #273
Rubber Obsessor

Kelly,
Have fun roughing it!! I'm sure it will all be great and you will have lots of fun stories to tell when you get home

Rhoda
Old 01-16-2016, 05:05 PM   #274
Rubber Obsessor

Just did the rounds of everyone's blogs! We've got a lot of talent floating around this group!

Jeanette, what kiddo would want less decorations? Even I don't want less, I just do less, LOL

Wow, Ching, you sound like you have quite a work-out schedule. I'm sure it'll help to destress you, too, from all those hours at work.

Kelly, have fun camping! I was just in a blog hop featuring Woodland Critters...that's as close as I'll get to camping at this point.

Sami, congrats on the substitute position. It gets your foot in the door...sometimes that's all you need. Hope you have/had a fantastic day!

Jeanette, thinking of you as you travel to and fro!

Cindy, good luck with the car shopping! Fortunately I'm not in the market!

Shelly, sorry to hear about the lack of sleep and bit of tension while you were at your parents. Glad you're home now, safe and sound.

Lou, I'm so glad they finally found what was ailing your son. I think it's strange they hesitate to diagnose it...that's the only way to treat it!

I don't think I touched base with everyone...those I didn't big hugs to you as well.

Be safe everyone. See you here or on your blogs!

Kim
Old 01-16-2016, 09:06 PM   #275
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone!

I know it has been a while since I stopped by the thread. I posted on my blog today, scheduled a post for tomorrow, and started one for Monday. I need to finish a post for my Speaker blog, then head to bed. I'll be traveling to Chicago tomorrow, which means I can blog hop while my husband drives. I keep thinking I will get caught up...then life hits. Oh well...nothing bad, just busy...so I am VERY blessed!

I look forward to checking out your blogs tomorrow...Nighty-night!

Old 01-17-2016, 08:24 AM   #276
Rubber Obsessor

Hey Gang!
I have made it to a few blogs and left comments. Thank you for all your wonderful comments!

I have been researching the purchase of a new car, and I BOUGHT one! I found a USED CERTIFIED Nissan SENTRA with 2,000 miles on it, fully loaded! Get this....2015 model! Leather seats, navigation, XM radio, Bluetooth, Completely spotless and runs like brand new. They gave me a great deal on my trade too! It's light silver with Black interior. HOT! I am very pleased with the purchase, and I saved a ton of money. Apparently the previous owner drove it for 6 months and turned it back in to buy something else. Their loss! My old car was 8 years old, paid off, and was going to start asking for work....brakes and routers and crap. Perfect timing. I am very blessed. Anyway...

I am busy creating in my craft room so that I can post throughout the week. I found a new stamp set I had to have in the BUY/SELL/TRADE section on SCS and I am in love with it! (posts a-coming)

I hope everyone is doing well. Keep all the great cards coming, I love the inspiration!

Designing Duos
Ching, berlycece and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #277
Proud Fan Club Member

Hoping to get into the crafty space today.

Whew- weekend flying by fast! Worked Fri and Sat., went out to dinner with Katie Friday after work, then went to be early- had a scratchy throat. Yesterday worked, then went out to eat with 3 other couples and went back to one of the houses and chatted it up for a while.

I am headed back to Ky- have a week off, Dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday with a collapsed lung and a fast/irregular heart rate. Mom has dementia, so cannot be left alone. I am hoping this trip that we can set up home care, or will have to consider whether or not I will keep running there so much- if they do not hire help, the siblings think it is enabling to keep running there so much...... Please keep them in prayers!

Cindy- congrats on the great deal for the car! Sounds awesome!

Sami- awesome for the sub position- it is hard to get your foot in the door for teaching jobs where I live too.

Kim- Wahoo! And, how do you blog while driving? Curious!

Kim- love seeing your great creations! Tanks for the info on the blog hops- I sent you a PM : )

Ching- good for you- maybe if I set a goal like that I would stick with it! Awesome! Hope you get some creative time too.

Kelly- look forward to hear the post camping stories : )

Jeanette- Safe travels.

Lynn- loved the picture tutorial you posted- very cool!

Have a great rest of your weekend- and stay warm if you are up north- we have very cold weather tomorrow- with -20 wind chills predicted. Would love to stay in PJ's all day, but working then driving to Ky......

Shelly
Old 01-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #278
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi
I am heading around the blogs this morning to leave you all some love.
The weather here has been wonderful the last few days, real summer has finally hit us. The kids have been spending the whole afternoon in the pool.
Only trouble is, now we are getting low on water, for those of you that don't know we live on a farm in the country and we collect rain water from the roof, so no rain no water.
I am taking the children in for their last report in for the library programme so they will get to go to the party next week and receive a free book.
Later this week I am hoping to take the kids over to Wanganui to Kowhai Park (google it) I went to boarding school in Wanganui and spent many afternoons swinging on the swings and sneaking ciggies there as it was only 2 minutes walk from our boarding hostel. It is an awesome old fashioned park and my parents would take me there when we visited family.

Cindy - glad you found a car
Kelly - I hope the wilderness was fun.
Jeanette - hope things are calmer and not so many meetings
Shelly - sorry to hear about your dad, hope he improves.

Hugs
Old 01-17-2016, 02:59 PM   #279
Polyshrink Goddess

Holy moly - just read through what I wrote above - to clarify.....
my parents would take me to the park when I was really little.
Then at 13 I went to boarding school and that is when the ciggie sneaking happened. Crikey I had made it sound like my Mum and Dad were with me. NO!
Old 01-18-2016, 07:48 AM   #280

Good Morning Friends!

Shelly, I am so sorry to hear of your dad's health situation. I know this adds a lot of extra work for you... as you lovingly watch over your parents. Safe travels... and energy for the tasks ahead!

Cindy, CONGRATS on the new car... sounds like it is perfect!

Kelly, I "hope" we see you tomorrow. It would be bad if DH had to admit you.

Ching, I love your innocence when it comes to snow... shoveling, driving on snow, etc. I'm actually kind of glad my DD lives in the bush of Alaska - off the road system. That means she doesn't have a car... so rarely drives on the snow. Her school does have a pickup and occasionally she uses it... if she needs to pick up packages at the PO or something.

Sami, I used to sub... it's a big job. I hope your day went well... and you get more opportunities, too!

Kim, you're right... most kids would want more decorations, not less. Point well taken.

Kim in IL, I hope the trip to Chicago went smoothly!

Lou, I think meetings are a way of life for me... which is okay, since I like going to meetings. I know. I'm a bit strange. In the next 3 weeks I made four trips to our state offices (3 1/2 hours from my home) for meetings. Each of those are 2-3 day long meetings, which means overnights in hotels, too. I am about the trips/meetings.

Rhoda, hi!

If I missed anyone, hi to you, too!

I am home from my second out-of-state trip in a week (southern states)............ and came home to Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I am longing for the warmer weather of the south.

I have a meeting tonight - and I'm in charge... making refreshments, putting my head around the final details, too. So that will fill most of my day.

Tomorrow I hope to play.

Find Me on Instagram