In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2015, 12:02 PM   #161
Rubber Obsessor
 
RhodaDesignStudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darby, MT
Posts: 101
Default

Well, I made it to my studio today. I pulled out a bunch of papers to inspire myself. Now I'm sitting in a pile of paper and wondering what the hell to do with all of it.

Most of it is over 3 years old, since that was around the last time I was devoted to time in my room. I can't decide if I should just start taking pictures and swap/sell it, make things with it and try to sell those (I have a few piles of unsold layouts, mini-albums, and paper piecing sets as well), or make kits out of them and try to sell those.

Ideas? I've looked at some of these papers so many times that I have an emotional connection to them even though I've never built anything with them. But I don't see myself using them any times soon either. What to do....

Rhoda
RhodaDesignStudio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #162
Polyshrink Goddess
 
loulou31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dannevirke, New Zealand
Posts: 568
Default

Hi Ladies
Thanks for the warm welcome Ching.
Rhoda, I had a similar issue earlier in the year and decided I needed to get really tough with myself. I sat down in the middle of the spare room (where I craft, lol I say spare room, it doesn't even have a bed, just a huge desk and all my scrap supplies) and pulled out my papers section by section and sorted into 3 piles, 1 - Absolutely love and can't get rid of; 2 - like, but so will someone else so I am selling; 3 - Donating to local kindy so the kids can enjoy them.
I really had to be strong and now have a way more manageable amount of paper and it is less daunting when I do want to craft.
I really need to downsize my collection of SU stamps, I keep them for sentimental reasons mostly, I never use most of them.
__________________
LOU MY BLOG
My YouTube Channel
PINTEREST My Challenge blog Southern Girls!
loulou31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Ching likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 01:07 AM   #163
Embossing Fanatic
 
wndy26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 50
Default

Hey all.. I am still here... sorry I have been MIA... its been crazy around here. I haven't yet had a chance to scroll back and read all the posts on the forum...will be working on that over the next 24 hours. Just got started on my Christmas shopping this week! I am so far behind. My new year's resolution is to start in January for my holiday shopping!!! LOL... yeah yeah yeah...
__________________
"Live the life you have imagined..."
Shack Scraps - by Wanda
wndy26 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:41 AM   #164
Proud Fan Club Member
 
allee's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,891
Default

I'm scrambling, too, Wanda. I can tell I am in for another crazy week!
__________________
Lynn

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
allee's is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:36 AM   #165
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhodaDesignStudioView Post
Thank you Kim I've popped into your blog a few times now. Love the little dog at the top of the page!
Yes, that's my little Katy! She's the namesake of the blog! She manages to do none of the work involved with it, though!
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!

Last edited by CalicoCat609; 12-28-2015 at 12:54 PM..
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:43 AM   #166
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Gooooood morning!!! (in my best Robin Williams voice!)

DD20 just finished college with her last exam this morning - happy birthday to her! Her gift is 3.5 weeks off of school - LOL!

Finally got a card blogged ........ I cannot believe how little I have done this year. I'm usually 10-15 posts a month, now i'm like 2! My card is a hilarious take on the new Star Wars movie about to open in theaters ....... there are some CRAZY lines!!

Kim, good to see you check in! I'm jealous of the 'restful and quiet' though I need me some of that.

And I'm off to visit blogs - finally!
And I heard you in Robin's voice! Funny, I thought you would sound a bit more feminine

Yeah for your daughter! Three and a half weeks seems like a nice long while, but I bet it will fly by for her!

I know what you mean about blogging. As much as I love doing it, it is so time consuming! In part because I don't really know what I'm doing. I try to research but the explanations are at times well over my head. Like meta description...my blog analysis keeps "tisk tisk"ing me because I don't use one and, for the life of me, I can't figure out what a meta description is.

Restful is nice, but not very exciting. A good mix is what I like!
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:48 AM   #167
Rubber Obsessor
 
RhodaDesignStudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darby, MT
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post
I know what you mean about blogging. As much as I love doing it, it is so time consuming! In part because I don't really know what I'm doing. I try to research but the explanations are at times well over my head. Like meta description...my blog analysis keeps "tisk tisk"ing me because I don't use one and, for the life of me, I can't figure out what a meta description is.
Kim. Do you use WordPress or Blogspot?
The meta description is the part that you see describing the page when you google it. The title and link are the clickable part in the list of sites found and the meta description is the part under it that tries to give a brief (120 character) description of the site so you know what it contains before clicking on it.

Depending on your blog host, there are different ways to define your meta description. The biggest part it "tisk tisks" you about is if it has your keyword for that post in it or not. If it does, that's better for SEO.


Rhoda
RhodaDesignStudio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:49 AM   #168
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhodaDesignStudioView Post
Well, I made it to my studio today. I pulled out a bunch of papers to inspire myself. Now I'm sitting in a pile of paper and wondering what the hell to do with all of it.

Most of it is over 3 years old, since that was around the last time I was devoted to time in my room. I can't decide if I should just start taking pictures and swap/sell it, make things with it and try to sell those (I have a few piles of unsold layouts, mini-albums, and paper piecing sets as well), or make kits out of them and try to sell those.

Ideas? I've looked at some of these papers so many times that I have an emotional connection to them even though I've never built anything with them. But I don't see myself using them any times soon either. What to do....

Rhoda
I hear you Rhoda! And I wish I had a solution. I have papers far older than three years and it is so NOT what I would purchase now. I have finally decided I'm doing to donate those papers. A friend of mine decided she would hold a one sheet wonder class and allow her attendees to select from the papers she had. She actually got rid of a good bit and made some money for it.

I think kits are a good idea as people appreciate someone else doing the pairing of companion pieces for them.
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:54 AM   #169
Rubber Obsessor
 
RhodaDesignStudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darby, MT
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post
I hear you Rhoda! And I wish I had a solution. I have papers far older than three years and it is so NOT what I would purchase now. I have finally decided I'm doing to donate those papers. A friend of mine decided she would hold a one sheet wonder class and allow her attendees to select from the papers she had. She actually got rid of a good bit and made some money for it.

I think kits are a good idea as people appreciate someone else doing the pairing of companion pieces for them.
It is frustrating. I sat down on the floor and sorted everything. I made two pretty packed kits for my nieces for Christmas. They are 7 and 5 and will be thrilled to have pretty papers to craft with. Plus stickers, tags, and anything else I didn't want in my stash anymore.

I think I will make some themed kits for cards next. Have to brainstorm that one for a bit
RhodaDesignStudio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:55 AM   #170
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhodaDesignStudioView Post
I wanted to add my cards to a few challenges.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I plan to google a few, but wanted to know if there are any sites you all recommend more than others
Rhoda, You might want to check out the Paper Playful blog. That's all they do, list the challenge blogs and the winners of the challenge...it's like one stop shopping rather than searching all over!
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:03 AM   #171
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Rhonda- I check out the challenges HERE

Ching- good to see you dropping in- best of luck with your projects in the next two weeks- getting dang close to Christmas. Are you going to have time to get any cards done for Christmas? Way to go on the cards for RMH!

Kelly- your Star Wars Riley was so creative and fun! Way to go for your DD!

Kim- how do you find all of the fun Blog Hops? I LOVE your awesome cards : )

Been running and a bit dingy- lots to do- went to a doc appt on the wrong day.... hehehe Today, had allergy testing for food allergies- and environmental too. Lots of food is related to environmental stuff too. Asthma- she called me uncontrolled, and I am allergic to Milk, eggs, Potatoes (white and sweet) and soy- those to avoid, then have a bunch of others I have to do food challenges one at a time.

I have been doing some CAS cards for the Bugaboo week of challenges- trying to keep up. Working tomorrow.

Shelly


Off to blog hop a bit-- finally!

Shelly
Shelly, I found my first blog hop through a sister member at StampNation. She directed me to a FaceBook group. Scrapping Blog Addicts (Pre-Blog Sign-Up) It's a closed group, so I just posted asking if I can invite you or if they have to...just in case you're interested. Now I hop with three people and that's enough to keep me busy. I like that I have more notice than the challenges and it extends the reach of my blog, which I really like.

Yuk! I've never had any food allergies and it sure doesn't sound like fun!
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!

Last edited by CalicoCat609; 12-23-2015 at 12:14 PM..
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:08 AM   #172
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
Hi, Lou! We are delighted to have you join the Creative Card Makin' Chicks. Welcome aboard!

Ladies, here is a link to Lou's blog:

Punknscrap

Please drop by and make her feel welcome!

It sounds like everyone is crazy busy getting ready for Christmas. I wish I was more ready. I am off to tackle my next holiday task.
Welcome, Lou! I'm just getting here and discovered you've joined us. I'll have to add you to my blog roll!

I have to remember to check in more....I miss so much by thinking anything that's posted here will appear in my mail. Some posts do, some don't! I'm always late to the party. I just suggested Paper Playful to Rhoda and then, when I continued reading I see it's been suggested at least twice previously!
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #173
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhodaDesignStudioView Post
Kim. Do you use WordPress or Blogspot?
The meta description is the part that you see describing the page when you google it. The title and link are the clickable part in the list of sites found and the meta description is the part under it that tries to give a brief (120 character) description of the site so you know what it contains before clicking on it.

Depending on your blog host, there are different ways to define your meta description. The biggest part it "tisk tisks" you about is if it has your keyword for that post in it or not. If it does, that's better for SEO.


Rhoda
I have WordPress and I have Yoast SEO Plugin (listen to me sounding like I know what I'm talking about They tell me, "No meta description has been specified, search engines will display copy from the page instead." So while I understand what they're saying, I don't know why that's a bad thing. I'm just trying to work my keyword into my first sentence and hope for the best.
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #174
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

I just happened upon Sandy Allnock's blog and today she had a video about why we need a creative "tribe" and I found it very true. About how family and friends can be excited at our crafty news, but can't really relate to the excitement we feel if we get something published or how much hard work went into winning a challenge or a position on a design team. While my family and friends are supportive, YOU are MY tribe. And I'm so glad I found this group and all of you. Your comments on my blog are always so appreciated and your help and interest here....well, it just warms my heart and I want to give you all a big {{hug}}!! If I don't get the chance to check in again before Christmas...I wish you all a Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday (whichever you prefer). My love to you all!
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:43 PM   #175
Proud Fan Club Member
 
allee's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,891
Default

Creative "tribe"! I love it, Kim. I often see the eyes of some of my friends glaze over when I talk about my hobby. I love the support I get here from you guys! You truly understand!

Love to you all this holiday season!
__________________
Lynn

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
allee's is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:09 PM   #176
Rubber Obsessor
 
RhodaDesignStudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darby, MT
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post
I have WordPress and I have Yoast SEO Plugin (listen to me sounding like I know what I'm talking about They tell me, "No meta description has been specified, search engines will display copy from the page instead." So while I understand what they're saying, I don't know why that's a bad thing. I'm just trying to work my keyword into my first sentence and hope for the best.
Perfect! I use Yoast on my blog too, so I can help.

When you are in the Yoast section at the end of your post where you define your key term, the meta description is under the title of your blog. If you click on that area it becomes editable. If you are happy with your first sentence then you can just retype that or copy and paste it. I usually just past my first sentence and then work my keyword in if it's not already there. Easy as that!

It took me a few times of clicking around to figure out how to edit that area after the latest update. It wasn't very intuitive

Rhoda
RhodaDesignStudio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:12 PM   #177
Rubber Obsessor
 
RhodaDesignStudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darby, MT
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post
I just happened upon Sandy Allnock's blog and today she had a video about why we need a creative "tribe" and I found it very true. About how family and friends can be excited at our crafty news, but can't really relate to the excitement we feel if we get something published or how much hard work went into winning a challenge or a position on a design team. While my family and friends are supportive, YOU are MY tribe. And I'm so glad I found this group and all of you. Your comments on my blog are always so appreciated and your help and interest here....well, it just warms my heart and I want to give you all a big {{hug}}!! If I don't get the chance to check in again before Christmas...I wish you all a Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday (whichever you prefer). My love to you all!
I agree! It's nice to have a creative tribe. And I watch my families eyes glaze over when I talk about being creative as well. They are happy when I gift them something I have made, but not necessarily super interested in the discussion.

And on that note...I made it on a design team that I applied for. It's the first one I've ever officially been on (and maybe the 3rd or 4th that I have ever applied for). Super excited to be pushed into some creative work each week or so!

Merry Christmas All. Hope you have a wonderful few days <3

Rhoda
RhodaDesignStudio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:34 AM   #178
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhodaDesignStudioView Post
Perfect! I use Yoast on my blog too, so I can help.

When you are in the Yoast section at the end of your post where you define your key term, the meta description is under the title of your blog. If you click on that area it becomes editable. If you are happy with your first sentence then you can just retype that or copy and paste it. I usually just past my first sentence and then work my keyword in if it's not already there. Easy as that!

It took me a few times of clicking around to figure out how to edit that area after the latest update. It wasn't very intuitive

Rhoda
Well you made that very easy! Thanks! I will definitely go play around to try to make Yoast happy with me again.
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
RhodaDesignStudio likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:39 AM   #179
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhodaDesignStudioView Post
I agree! It's nice to have a creative tribe. And I watch my families eyes glaze over when I talk about being creative as well. They are happy when I gift them something I have made, but not necessarily super interested in the discussion.

And on that note...I made it on a design team that I applied for. It's the first one I've ever officially been on (and maybe the 3rd or 4th that I have ever applied for). Super excited to be pushed into some creative work each week or so!

Merry Christmas All. Hope you have a wonderful few days <3

Rhoda
Well my eyes will light up when you share this kind of information! That's great news and so exciting! Who will you be designing for and when do you start...I'll follow them! Unless you want to save that info for a big announcement on your blog and I can read it then...I love suspense. I applied for two and was turned down, but then I was specifically asked to be on two (the second one starts next year). That was a real ego boost for me!
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:54 AM   #180
Rubber Obsessor
 
RhodaDesignStudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darby, MT
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post
Well my eyes will light up when you share this kind of information! That's great news and so exciting! Who will you be designing for and when do you start...I'll follow them! Unless you want to save that info for a big announcement on your blog and I can read it then...I love suspense. I applied for two and was turned down, but then I was specifically asked to be on two (the second one starts next year). That was a real ego boost for me!
Ah. I didn't even think about announcing it on my blog. Silly me! I just came here and told you all first

It's Sketch Saturday

I'll probably do a blog post and announcement on the day I contribute. I guess they had enough applicants that we have two teams, so my card isn't actually due until the 2nd week of January.
RhodaDesignStudio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #181
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhodaDesignStudioView Post
Ah. I didn't even think about announcing it on my blog. Silly me! I just came here and told you all first

It's Sketch Saturday

I'll probably do a blog post and announcement on the day I contribute. I guess they had enough applicants that we have two teams, so my card isn't actually due until the 2nd week of January.
Oooh, Rhoda! I love Sketch Saturday challenges! I haven't been doing them as we've gotten closer to Christmas as there have been too many other things to do, but want to get back to them in the New Year.

We will all be watching for your announcement and will be cheering you on!

I have another blogging friend on the Sketch Saturday DT, Kathy Stacy. Don't know if you know her. She's so nice.
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:14 PM   #182
Rubber Obsessor
 
RhodaDesignStudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darby, MT
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post
Oooh, Rhoda! I love Sketch Saturday challenges! I haven't been doing them as we've gotten closer to Christmas as there have been too many other things to do, but want to get back to them in the New Year.

We will all be watching for your announcement and will be cheering you on!

I have another blogging friend on the Sketch Saturday DT, Kathy Stacy. Don't know if you know her. She's so nice.
I don't know anyone there yet. Hoping that changes quickly My first post will be on the 9th. It's a little confusing figuring out all the "who does what and posts when" but they are super organized so it should be smooth once I get it all figured out!
RhodaDesignStudio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #183
Proud Fan Club Member
 
allee's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,891
Default

Congratulations, Rhoda! I'll have to play along with Sketch Saturday when I get the chance!
__________________
Lynn

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
allee's is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:30 PM   #184
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,087
Default Hello!

Hello! We made it to Colorado, and are run, run, running! I promise I will catch up on blogs soon! It is cold and snowy here- just beautiful! Much more in the Christmas spirit here. We drove through some crazy snow between Denver and Grand Junction..... added about 2 hours to our trip......







Yep- visibility was pretty poor!

Hoping you had a fantastic Christmas. We will celebrate tomorrow. Today we drove out to an area around Moab Utah where my son & fance are getting married. It is called Red Cliffs.

Welcome Lou, Congrats Rhonda, and thanks for the info Kim about the hops. and sorry to all for my busy-ness this past couple of weeks.

Waving hello to everyone else : )
Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:49 PM   #185
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Hi everyone! My friend Connie of Connie Can Crop is looking for guest designers for 2016. I don't know if you have any interest in doing something like this, but if you do or have questions for her before deciding, you can write her at [email protected]

I just joined her design team. She has a small but growing blog readership and she's super nice to work with.
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:58 PM   #186
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhodaDesignStudioView Post
Perfect! I use Yoast on my blog too, so I can help.

When you are in the Yoast section at the end of your post where you define your key term, the meta description is under the title of your blog. If you click on that area it becomes editable. If you are happy with your first sentence then you can just retype that or copy and paste it. I usually just past my first sentence and then work my keyword in if it's not already there. Easy as that!

It took me a few times of clicking around to figure out how to edit that area after the latest update. It wasn't very intuitive

Rhoda
That was simple! Thanks so much for boiling all that mumbo-jumbo down into something I could understand!
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:22 AM   #187
Rubber Obsessor
 
RhodaDesignStudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darby, MT
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post
That was simple! Thanks so much for boiling all that mumbo-jumbo down into something I could understand!
You are very very welcome

Rhoda
RhodaDesignStudio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:52 PM   #188
Rubber Obsessor
 
CalicoCat609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

I would like to start something new on my blog this coming year and that is to case, quote, link or otherwise refer to one of you, my fellow CCMC's. Maybe once every quarter or so. Would anyone have a problem with me doing that?

I have a post coming up about my New Year's resolutions. I would love it, Rhoda, if I could link to your article 9 Habits of a Highly Organized Person. Think on that and let me know if it's okay with you.

In the meantime, I want to wish each and every one of you a happy, healthy and crafty New Year. "See" you in 2016!
__________________
Kim
Please stop in for a visit at
www.katydidcards.com
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!

Last edited by CalicoCat609; 12-30-2015 at 04:43 PM..
CalicoCat609 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:38 PM   #189
Rubber Obsessor
 
RhodaDesignStudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darby, MT
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalicoCat609View Post

I have a post coming up about my New Year's resolutions. I would love it, Rhoda, if I could link to your article 9 Habits of a Highly Organized Person. This on that and let me know if it's okay with you.

In the meantime, I want to wish each and every one of you a happy, healthy and crafty New Year. "See" you in 2016!
Kim, I would be happy to have you link to my post. Feel free to link whenever you want to

Happy New Year!! Here comes 2016!!!
RhodaDesignStudio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:39 AM   #190
Proud Fan Club Member
 
allee's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,891
Default

I'm loving your snow pictures, Shelly! I have seen snow here where I live exactly once in my entire life!

Kim, share whatever you might like of mine, but I feel like such a slacker on my blog. I know that I haven't put forth much effort on it this year. I am, however, so glad to be a part of this creative and talented group and have learned so much from you all!!

Rhoda, I am going to go back and reread 9 Habits of a Highly Organized Person to start the new year!

Stay safe tonight, everyone and Happy New Year!
__________________
Lynn

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
allee's is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:35 AM   #191
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 27,949
Default



Stopping by to wish you all a blessed, happy and safe New Year! I can't believe we are already at 2016!

Made some blog rounds and welcome to Lou!

Hugs to all!
__________________
~Kelly~
Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
DT:  The Project Bin
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:50 AM   #192
Rubber Obsessor
 
musicalgirl2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 127
Default

Hi ladies. I've been lurking around your thread for a few days now and I hope you don't mind. But I would be interested in joining your blog group if there is space for me?
__________________
Sami
My Blog My Blog Facebook Page
DT: DS4J, Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge,CWWC
musicalgirl2010 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:32 PM   #193
Rubber Obsessor
 
RhodaDesignStudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Darby, MT
Posts: 101
Default

Happy New Year All

Hope you all have a wonderful evening. We are planning a night of low key, stay at home activities. Should be pretty relaxing!
RhodaDesignStudio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #194
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Ching's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 720
Default

Happy New Year ladies....I'm bunking down nursing the nasty flu for the next 4 days.

Congrats Rhoda!

Welcome Sami!
__________________
1726 Cards Donated to Our Troops (2010-2015) / 922 + 85 Cards Donated to RMH (2015-2016)
My Blog | My Gallery | Monthly Hostess of Ronald McDonald House Card Collection
Ching is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:28 PM   #195
Polyshrink Goddess
 
loulou31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dannevirke, New Zealand
Posts: 568
Default

HAPPY New Year to all my bloggy friends here I hope you all have a really great 2016 and all your resolutions are kept.

I have been for a NY visit to all of you that have posted since I last did my rounds.

hugs
__________________
LOU MY BLOG
My YouTube Channel
PINTEREST My Challenge blog Southern Girls!
loulou31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:45 PM   #196
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
 
berlycece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: On SCS
Posts: 23,897
Default

Happy New Year, everyone!
I'm getting ready to watch a movie with my mom and hubby. It has been a great week visiting my mom. We head home on Saturday. Hopefully, I will be able to check out your blogs tomorrow.

Inky (((HUGS)))
berlycece is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:50 PM   #197
Rubber Obsessor
 
tesoro72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tampa,Florida
Posts: 120
Default Happy New Year!

Hello All,
I straightened up my craft space, packed up my Christmas stamps, and started to put together my birthday/anniversary list. I even posted it all to my BLOG! I am so sad, I have not posted since August.

I will go visit everyone! My New Years' resolution is this: Making a living is not going to dominate my life!! I need my creative time! It is important to my happiness.

What is your New Year's resolution??
__________________
Hugs, Cindy

A day without card-making is a dull day....
Designing Duos
tesoro72 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Ching likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:39 PM   #198
Proud Fan Club Member
 
mcschmidty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 5,087
Default Hi!

Hello to all! Happy New Year : )

I am back home and as luck will have it, my dept is closed tomorrow, so I have a day to veg and make ATC's for a swap on Saturday. we have a (yearly) NYE party Sat night. Our friend is a gourmet cook, and it is quite the evening. SO, Sat I work, have an ATC meeting, then go celebrate 2016 with friends!

Cindy- so nice to see you here- and I look forward to stopping by your blog later tonight. Here's hoping you will have more 'me' time to be creative- and blog : )

Rhonda- I will also have to stop by and review your post on Organization- could not hurt!

Waving hello to Kim- hope you had a safe trip, and to Loulou-- what part of NY did you visit?

Ching- hope the flu departs quickly- so sorry you have to suffer thru this at this time of year......

Hi Kelly- hope you are getting some creative time- and I know you are getting family time : )

Allie- I love your posts. I did a year in review in advance- and have concluded that 2015 was a bad year for my creativity.... I am hoping that taking time off DT's and just creating for fun will help.

Kim, I see your posts on the feed- love what you posted re: light boxes and beginning stamping I will get by to read it thoroughly- too hard to read it on the phone.

Waving hi to Wanda as well.

I will update my blog sidebar- I think I need to add Lou and SAmi- Allie is our blog 'Mom'.

Shelly
__________________
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
Visit My Instagram HERE DT for  Jan's Digital Stamps
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:48 PM   #199
Rubber Obsessor
 
musicalgirl2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 127
Default

Happy New Year!! I've done a little more work on my blog including adding a sidebar that features all you wonderful ladies. There's still a few bugs to work out but it's getting there. I'm hoping to get around to checking out all of your blogs tomorrow! Or I guess actually later today...
__________________
Sami
My Blog My Blog Facebook Page
DT: DS4J, Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge,CWWC
musicalgirl2010 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:46 PM   #200
Polyshrink Goddess
 
loulou31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dannevirke, New Zealand
Posts: 568
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Hello to all! Happy New Year : )


Waving hello to Kim- hope you had a safe trip, and to Loulou-- what part of NY did you visit?


Shelly
Hi Shelly
Sorry to be confusing, I meant a New Years visit to everyones blogs.
Would be a long way to come for a quick New Years Visit only an 18 hour flight lol.

Lou
__________________
LOU MY BLOG
My YouTube Channel
PINTEREST My Challenge blog Southern Girls!
loulou31 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off