Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-23-2016, 03:35 PM   #681
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies,
Cripes it has been an age since I came by, sorry ladies.
Life is always hectic during winter here with the children's sport.
I have dropped by and left love on your blogs.
Lou
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-27-2016, 06:19 AM   #682
Pearl-ExPert

So I'm home for 3 days while the guys install my new floors and it has already started off crazy. The guy assumned he'd turned off the water supply to the fridge and when he disconnected the line water started flying everywhere!! Great!!! My husband is yelling for pots, the guy is flying down the stairs and I'm grabbing towels! What a mess!!! And I haven't even had my 1st cup of coffee!!!!!!!!!
Hope everyone is doing well. I have not gotten to any of the blogs yet and I hope to at least get to some of them. I'll try to check in later! Dang it now the smoke detectors are going off.......it's going to be one of those days
Old 06-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #683
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Glad to see some of ya'll stopping in - nice to see you, except Sue and her water - LOL! That sounds like a hidden camera kind of laugh (after it's all over, of course!) Best of luck with your remodel!

LITTLE MAN IS HOME FROM CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my, the stories, the good times, the adventures!! He's been telling us tales camp all day, good times They hiked, canoed, swam, climbed a mountain, earned a million merit badges, camped in the open wilderness, etc - wonderful memories! He said he really liked central Georgia - oddly, close to where I used to live ♥

Lots of crafting and cards to do today but first, climbing mountain LAUNDRY and then take dd17 to work - so hug to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 06-27-2016, 10:48 PM   #684
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

NW NJ was beautiful. We enjoyed "Meeting the parents' and they had a very nice party. We had very early flights, so will need to catch up on sleep. We are getting ready for the party here- it is expensive- having a shower and an engagement party- I am having the majority of the food catered, doing minimal work.

Today is day 1 off steroids- hoping the back holds out. It is just OK, I am going to go in and see the doc about my neck tomorrow. I am still on muscle relaxants 3-4 times a day. I am going to make it thru until after the next day I work (7/7) and then talk to the boss- we'll see how I am by then.

Katie leaves for Europe for the month of July tomorrow- please pray for safe travels for her!

Susan- so, cleaning for the party and buried in a pile is a blog candy from....a while back- I forgot about it- you won- I did not post on my blog yet- I will. Send me your address and I will get it in the mail!
Your water story will be one you laugh about one day..... when it is not so fresh!

Oh Lynn, my brother just posted a tubing trip with his family- I am so jealous! I want to go!!! Looks like a blast. I could not do it now with my back, but as soon as it heals......

Waving hi to Lou- I will get to blogs... I did not bring my computer to NJ- I flew Frontier, so stuffed the minimum amount of stuff I needed into a backpack.

It looks like a nice weather week for us- it is going to be beautiful this weekend for the party : ) Yeah!

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 06-28-2016, 07:00 AM   #685
Pearl-ExPert

OMG can things get any crazier here???? Now the toilet is broke! What the heck? The floor guys are moving a bit slow.....nice guys but they always seem to want to chit chat. You know....it's bad enough living without a sink but now I'm banned from the fridge and the microwave! It made making lunch and dinner and then breakfast today for my handicapped (32yr old) son. May as well fill you in since I'm gripeing! My son was born 32 yrs ago prematurely. I was only 28 weeks pregnant. He suffered a ventricular hemorrage when he was 4 days old which lead to him having multiple problems including CP, Low vision. He is non-amulatory and non-verbal but he is the light in our lives. He has taught us so much in the way of compassion, patience, and not taking things for granted. However he did not teach me how to avoid stress of remodeling!!! Nick is a great kid! Wish I could be so relaxed. Ok so now you have my story heeheehee Can I keep complaining about the kitchen or the toilet???

Shelly I sure pray you get better soon...I can't even imagine being in that much pain and still having to function! Hope your appointment goes smoothly. Oh and thanks for Blog Candy I PM'ed you this morning.

Kelly sounds like your guy had a great time at camp. I remember when my eldest now 37 use to go to camp in Kentucky. Goodness the stories! And thank goodness he didn't bring home all the lizards he use to catch! LOL

Lynn.....never thought of tubing in texas...guess I always associated it with small rivers and I heard everything is bigger in Texas! LOL

Well I'm outta here...hopefully this floor will be done and I can get to my cabin and get ready for the 4th of July pig roast! I need that down time to unwind with friends and family so I'm looking forward to the prep! Won't be back until the 10th so until then I hope your all enjoying your summer and I'll check in later.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:18 AM   #686
Proud Fan Club Member

Lou, I am so sorry that things are still crazy during your remodel! I am sure that is a challenge to feed your family without the fridge and microwave! Sounds like Nick takes it all in stride! Hugs to you! I know all the stress will be forgotten once you have your beautiful kitchen!

Susan - here's hoping you now have your beautiful new floor and all the water has been banished!

Kelly, - so wonderful that your son had such an amazing camping experience and made memories to last a lifetime. Like you, I spend all day yesterday doing laundry. I wish it was due to some grand adventure, but no! I have just been lazy!

Shelly - hoping your shower and engagement party go off without a hitch. Take things as easy as you possibly can and ask for help when you need it! Sending prayers for Katie as she travels to Europe.

I am off this morning to crochet prayer shawls at the church and then get a much needed hair cut.

Wishing a great week to all the ladies of the Creative Card Makin' Chicks!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005

Last edited by allee's; 06-28-2016 at 07:24 AM..
Old 06-29-2016, 06:18 AM   #687
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone! I'm heading into crazy summer mode here so I haven't been around as much. But I just wanted to stop by quick and say that if you didn't see my blog post yesterday I'm moving blogs! You can see the new one here https://wordpress.com/customize/sams....wordpress.com
Old 06-29-2016, 06:26 AM   #688
Rubber Obsessor

oops sorry guys wrong link here's the right one! https://samscraftycastle.wordpress.com/
HOBBYSUE likes this post.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:37 AM   #689
Pearl-ExPert

My goodness Sami.......SCS, Facebook, Wordpress, Instagram!!! You sure are a Techy! LOL I have a hard enough time with just having SCS and my Blog! heeheehee. Congrats on new site, can't wait to see it evolve!
Old 06-30-2016, 08:13 AM   #690
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello friends!

I hope your week has been going FIN-tastic!
(yes! We are HUGE Shark Week fins - I mean, fans!)

We've been enjoying the freedom of summer and doing fun things, in between the summer rain. Yesterday my dd dragged me shopping for clothes and make up and a"what nots", literally shopping til I dropped! Then ds and I drove around to various 7-11s, which I confess was the first time since like High School?!!!!!!!!, looking for the shark cups, shark straws - all sold out. Will have to check ebay, I guess! But he did get the really cool shark donuts - blue frosting and gummy shark so he was happy Tomorrow we are going to see The Shallows - not my style movie, but hopefully it will be a hilariously ironic start to our beach weekend ♥

You girls are JAW-some (okay, I'll stop!)

*WAVE-ing to all!*
Old 07-02-2016, 09:05 PM   #691
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies,
LOL Kelly! I have no idea what shark week is but it sounds like you are going to have fin
Sami I hope you find wordpress more your thing and your site is looking great.
And I am sure you are looking awesome Lynn with your new hair cut.
Sue, I really hope the toilet issues have been sorted and you now have use of your appliances again.
I really hope the party goes off brilliantly Shelly, make sure and give us all an update when you are over the whole shebang.

I am going to be getting busier again now I have signed up as team manager for the soccer 9th/10th grade representative team, what was I thinking???? Now I will be busy with children's sport everyday ARGHHHHHHH
I think I need to clone myself, particularly since I have a runny nose and tickly throat today, I thought I had escaped winter bugs but maybe not.

Hope you are all having an awesome weekend
Lou
Old 07-05-2016, 04:04 AM   #692
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Chickies!

I'm home from my FABULOUS cruise... and trying to get things back in order at home. LOL! Note to self: two guys can make chaos when left home alone for an extended period of time.

I am not going to try to read the thread, since I'm so behind... so please let me know if I've missed anything important.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 07-06-2016, 05:24 AM   #693

Good Morning Chickies!

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting your blogs yesterday - such creativity!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-07-2016, 04:03 AM   #694

Good Morning Chickies!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #695
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Well, I gave my notice at work today- last day end of this month, after the 15th (which is 2 more work days), I am working my last 5 days as 6 hour shifts.

I got a trigger point shot in my neck (so much better) and one in a muscle in my buttocks- where the back shoots pains. It really calmed it down, but it hurts when I move the wrong way, etc. I am still on muscle relaxants and using ice and the TENS unit as needed.

My hubby is leaving for Philly for Cubs vs Philly baseball on Friday and Saturday- with college friends. They do a trip to a different city each year. I have 2 parties on Saturday, one in the afternoon and one at night. Otherwise, I am going to stamp a bit : )

The wedding shower and engagement party went well. I had the food catered- so much better than my usual- making lots of food. Family reunion the next day was good- I was in a flat mood- a bit tired.... It was fun to see Mom having a blast!

Everyone has been busy- fun to catch up on the thread- I will catch up on blogs and blogging tomorrow!

Shelly
Old 07-08-2016, 07:11 AM   #696

Good Morning Chickies!

Shelly, I'm glad the shots have helped a little... so sorry about all the things you're going through. I'm guessing your "notice" was due to your health, and not a want to kind of thing... so I'll hold off on congrats. (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-08-2016, 07:34 AM   #697
Proud Fan Club Member

So happy that you two ladies make it safely home for your trips, Jeanette and Shelly.

I can only image the beauty you saw and experienced, Jeanette. I hope you will be sharing some of your art journaling on your blog.

Shelly, it is so good to hear that you were able to get a good measure of relief from your pain allowing you to enjoy your family events. Hopefully as you continue to focus on your health, things will continue to improve. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you transition from your working situation to more time to heal.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:38 AM   #698

Thanks Lynn... actually, I have one of the Bible Journaling pages I did on the cruise on my blog today.

Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy: Peek at My Week

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-08-2016, 09:16 AM   #699
Proud Fan Club Member

I am heading over to check it out!

Old 07-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #700

Thanks Lynn!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-09-2016, 02:59 AM   #701

Good Morning Chickies!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-11-2016, 05:21 AM   #702

Good Morning Chickies!

Sheesh! I've been fighting my computer way too long this morning. But right now I'm thinking it's going to let me post a comment... fingers crossed.

I have a meeting this morning. What's everyone else up to?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-11-2016, 09:41 AM   #703
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, lovely ladies

Just enough time in between a blog post and 3rd cup of coffee before we head out to wish everyone a wonderful day! I've been coloring a lot of images, but not many cards ...... and hating the cards I am making. I don't think my head is in the game for cards right now. Summer drain brain?

My heart has been heavy with all the craziness out there in the world ........... Lynn, special prayers to the families in your state that have to be hurting so much. Sometimes I think I'll wake up and the world will be a beautiful place for all, with everyone living in harmony. We can just pray and hope for peace
Old 07-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #704

I agree, Kelly. Our world is filled with tragedies.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-12-2016, 04:10 AM   #705

Good Morning Chickies!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-12-2016, 01:02 PM   #706
Proud Fan Club Member

I hate turning on the TV these days! What very scary times in our nation. Sending up daily prayers for wisdom and peace.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:03 PM   #707

Lynn, I totally understand - though I don't watch tv - haven't in years - I also hate seeing the news on the internet these days.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-13-2016, 02:10 AM   #708

Good Morning Chickies!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #709
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, Chicks ♥

We are heading to the beach in a bit - we were already leaving and now we're just waiting on dd and her boyfriend to head home to join us. Yay!

I. Love. The. Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite place! We are so lucky to live close by it and visit often. Nothing like an umbrella, chair, waves, sand in my toes, making sandcastles!

I am not a fan of the news much either, especially when so much of it is awful and negative - but I like to stay informed. Best to know than not know! I join you in those prayers, Lynn - every day.

WAVE-ing to all!
Old 07-13-2016, 09:01 AM   #710

Have fun at the beach, Kelly!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-14-2016, 04:26 AM   #711

Good Morning Fellow Chickies!

FYI - We are leaving town early tomorrow morning (all 3 of us) - going out of town for a meeting that will take most of the day. So you might not see me tomorrow.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #712
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Hello and happy Friday!!! Yippee!

I worked today, 5 more days to go..... My doc and PT advised me to quit working for my health, so I gave my notice, last day is 7/30....... The days I do work, I can work 6 hours max, but need to get up and move about a bit. I will continue in PT and follow with the pain doc and pray that my back & neck stay stable. I will not plan on looking for a job or something else to do until after the wedding. I will sort out my closets and the craft room....maybe : )

My Mom is coming up here next week, as my brother and his wife are going to Country Thunder and then she is having neck surgery. I am very excited to have her here. She is having increasing memory issues, but I just love hanging out with her. I like to take pictures of her- she is really photogenic- here are a couple I took at a gread party last weekend:

#1 is called Mom stumped : ) I know, bad, but I had to do it.....

I just woke up on the couch- reclined of course. I have to go hop on blogs a bit.

Prayers to the people in Nice, France and to the folks in Turkey. My daughter is traveling in Europe- praying for all- tourists and those in all areas where terrorists reap their crazy wrath!

SHelly
Old 07-16-2016, 04:48 AM   #713

Good Morning Chickies!

Shelly, what beautiful pictures of "Mom"! and to know she is coming to spend some time with you is something I know you are looking forward to.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:17 AM   #714
Pearl-ExPert

Well just got home yesterday from the cabin and ran out again to a birthday party. I am so pooped! heehee Any way the last 2 weeks have been great. The weather up north has been fabulous the lake beautiful and the grandkids got in alot of beach time! We only came home because the counters are going in tuesday and the plumbers are suppose to be here wednesday. Then we are off again to the cabin to help out my sister who is having surgery tomorrow for a shoulder replacement. I told here I'd come up and make some meals so her husband doesn't have to worry about that stuff for a little bit. I'm going to try and hit up the blogs today but after that I probably won't be on again for a few more weeks. Today may be crazy here. My son (handicapped) hasn't been feeling so well lately. Not sure if it's his shunt or not but we may be making a trip to the hospt today if he doesn't perk up. When it rains it pours. Speaking of pouring......I didn't know I was getting rain today Well that's not good! Until later a HUGE HI to all of you!
Old 07-18-2016, 04:24 AM   #715

Hello Fellow Chickies!

Oh my goodness, I love the graphic, Susan!!!

Sorry to hear about your son's situation. Hopefully he'll be feeling better sooner than soon. Take care... it sounds like you are very VERY busy!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-18-2016, 06:42 AM   #716
Pearl-ExPert

Well please send happy thoughts! Nick goes in for surgery today to place the shunt externally while they check for infection. He will have surgery again wed or thurs for a new internal shunt if there was no sign of infection from the old one. We haven't had to go through this for a long time. His current shunt was placed in 1996. I guess 20yrs is a heck of a good run!.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:50 AM   #717

Praying for Nick, Susan! Hugs!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-18-2016, 07:40 AM   #718
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Susan, praying for your Nick! Do keep us posted!

Hi Jeanette!

Waving to everyone - just enough time to say hello
Old 07-18-2016, 09:43 AM   #719

Hi Kelly!

Find Me on Instagram

glendak likes this post.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #720
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Sue, so sorry to hear about Nick needing surgery! I will add him to my prayer list for speedy recovery. When it rains, it pours!

Stephi is back from Michigan late last night0 she ran in the Great Lakes Relay She worked during the day, but it was nice to have her here- she headed back to Iowa today.

Mo will be heading to our home on Wednesday- SIL is having surgery, so it will be 3 weeks she will be with the sisters up in Ill. SHe may go to Mass. and NY with my sis and her family for a week. It may be hard on her with her dementia, but, if she wants to go, she should go.

No stamping today, possibly tomorrow. I have piano and Physical Therapy, so we will see.......

Hope everyone has a good week ahead

Shelly