Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-23-2016, 02:01 PM   #481
Polyshrink Goddess

oh my ... pardon me as I wrote a novela!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #482
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Rhoda, glad to see you. I usually just barely squeak in by deadline it seems. I hate that, but it is what it is.

Ching, yes, call me the wild west rebel... with Copics... because I want to add color wherever I go.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 03-23-2016, 11:34 PM   #483
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hello and wow- time is sure flying by this week. I am trying to catch up before the weekend with laundry, cleaning- house done today and need to make cards! I am behind...I have a couple of swap cards and of course Thank You cards to make!
I went back to work Tuesday, and it had been a month since I was there..... yikes! It was a chatty day- with lots of people asking me about what happened.... and when I came home, a friend stopped by- lots of flowers yesterday. I think I can put them all outside when it is nice enough. Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers : ) Today, I had piano, which I have not had time to practice..... but did OK... Tomorrow, Dr appt then bible study and picking up Stephi from the airport. She was out in Virginia at a college, and will head to Univ of Mich on Friday. She is also looking at Indiana Univ......
Today I found a short voice recording of my Dad from Thanksgiving- and sent it to all of my siblings. He was talking to Grandkids and one had his only G-Grand 9 1/2 mos there- it was so sweet. I e-mailed it to all of my brothers and sisters. I have a few more on my phone and on a voice recorder, but cannot share them- when I try to download from phone or recorder it says the files are too large. I am going to re-record in smaller segments to my phone and then will be able to mail them.... He was a great story teller...one story lead to the next story.....

Ching- sounds like a great crop- fun way to get energized and get ideas : ) You have a hectic schedule the next few weeks!

Sue, I am 3/4 Irish, and have never been to the Irish parade in the city or to Celtic fair..... Dad was 100% Irish, my brothers really embrace their heritage : ) It would be fun at some point for all of us Illinois ladies to meet. Jeanette- you will be East of me- you can wave anyway, and I will say a prayer for safe travels for you. Wow, you have hectic Sunday schedules! It is great you are so social with all of that church hopping : )

Kelly- have a great -calm- week, with lots of stamping! I hope it warms up for you and the kids. Your dinner sounds like it was really fun.

Sami- I need a planner- I have some trouble remembering if I do not write things down, but usually put them on the calendar on the fridge : ) We are staying home for Easter- not sure I am going to cook up a big spread or not, we'll see!

Rhonda- glad to see you dropping in. I think challenges are no fun anymore when you get so busy that you are rushing at the last minute to get cards done, I really have fun doing what I want now- no DT's... I am SOOO slow making cards. SO sorry about your Mom- Dementia creeps up on (her) slowly, and she has good days and bad days. Sad when she forgets dad passed....

So cool to be in the blood line of Jesse James! I did some family history, no one famous in name recognition...but the idea of family coming from California to Illinois in 1870 in a covered wagon with little ones- one was an infant- they are hero's in my book! Pretty wild! Or, coming across the ocean- Dad with a pack of kids- wife passed- that too- HERO!

Hi Lynn! What are you up to?

Well Ching, lets talk about writing a book! I am with you! Off to bed- have a doc appt in the AM

Shelly
Old 03-24-2016, 04:29 AM   #484

Good Morning Friends!

Shelly, what a treasure... so glad you found (and shared) the recording of your dad talking. How wonderful to have that!

My DH and I utilize the calendar feature on our iphones... it's the only way we can keep up with the schedules we both keep. We share them so we can see what the other person's commitments are. Helps with ensuring one of us is available to Brock at all times. A real life saver for sure.

I have an inexpensive planner that I keep track of my blog and DT stuff in. I've done that for the past 3-4 years. It works well for me.

It was a sleepless night here... I've been awake since 3:30. Sheesh! Is it nap time yet???

The good news is I now have 3 of the 4 articles written.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-24-2016, 06:22 AM   #485
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning friends!

Doing a drive by hi today as we are off to the county fair. Weather is great, kids are out of school so off we go in the sunshine! I'm hoping to have only ONE bad thing to eat .... Mmmmm, my treasured Candy Apple perhaps?! But since it's my birthday in a few days,
My kids said have two! Or three! (Sadly my waist line disagrees!)

It's been a FUN Spring break so far - we've gone to the zoo, eating out, shopping, the movies to see Zootopia and mini golf ... They keep passing up my offer to stay home and NAP! :/

Sending hugs to all!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 03-24-2016, 06:26 AM   #486

Hi Kelly... your spring break sounds so fun! Enjoy!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-24-2016, 03:44 PM   #487
Pearl-ExPert

Ching......lol I write novela's too! Looks like Shelly did too! LOL so your not alone...we all do it!
Shelly yes it would be fun if all us Illinoois ladies could meet...maybe someday!
Kelly...seems to me that if you live in florida then for spring break you should be going somewhere opposite of lovely weather...heehee
Jeanette..no sleep but at least those articles are written. Sleep is over rated anyway! lol

Well I'm getting ready for a very busy weekend. Entire family will be here so I have a ton of cooking to do. I was going to go nuts cleaning and then decided..."They're family!" They know I'm human! I made it to all the blogs today and saw a ton of wonderful stuff! I got mine done just a bit ago so I can now concentrate on The upcoming holiday.
To Each and Everyone of You...........
HAPPY EASTER!
Old 03-24-2016, 05:57 PM   #488

I agree about sleep being highly over-rated, Sue.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #489
Rubber Obsessor

Hello my friends...just stopping in real quick for a group hug. Been a hectic week. My little pup, Katy, has had another difficult week. We ended up in the emergency vet when she had an abscessed anal glad that ruptured. I had no idea there was even a problem brewing until that day when she acted a little off and planned on calling my regular vet the following day for a look-see. Well, we didn't make it 'til the following day. She's a little trooper and has endured being poked and prodded that night and at two follow-up visits with the Vet. We're both tuckered so I'm calling it a night! Take care!
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
Old 03-24-2016, 07:33 PM   #490

Kim, I'm sorry it's been a rough week. (((HUGS - for you and Katy)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-24-2016, 07:41 PM   #491
Pearl-ExPert

Awww...Kim so sorry to hear about your puppy Katy. Hope she's back to her ol' self soon.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:43 AM   #492

Good Morning Friends!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-26-2016, 03:34 AM   #493

Good Morning Friends!

Since I don't normally get on SCS on Sundays I thought I'd go ahead and wish you a...

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-26-2016, 07:39 AM   #494
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HOPPING by to wish everyone a wonderful Easter - you are all a blessing in my life!

We have had a joyously fun Spring Break/Birthday week! We have been everywhere under the sun and just once, in the rain Today is beach day as we are heading to the Keys and we will hit the canoe/kayaking trails - my very favorite! ♥ I'd be in a canoe every day if I could carry the thing myself!

Kim, I'm sorry to hear about Katy and glad she's on the mend. They are like our kids - and we are dog people, so we get it! Happy healing and extra milkbones for when she's better ♥

Sue, LOL! Yes, you'd think we head somewhere else for Spring Break since there are tons of out of town college kids here but our staycation only lets us go so far Dh is back to back patients and he has the patients from his staff member that is out on maternity leave so he's pulling double duty!

Have a wonderful and blessed Easter, everyone! ♥
Old 03-26-2016, 02:48 PM   #495
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, how wonderful to have those recordings of your dad. What a treasure to share with your loved ones.

Kim, I am so saddened to hear of Katy's woes. Hopefully she makes a complete recovery soon.

Kelly, our Easter is going to be a staycation here at home with no additional family. My husband and I will take my parents out to lunch after church, as usual. Sometimes low key and laid back is A OK.

Susan, we usually do tons of cooking for a house full of company on Easter, too. My house is a wreck so I am happy not to have to do all that cleaning today. I know you all will have a wonderful time together.

Ching, I know you are excited to have Ron headed back home even if you have to clean up your crafting.

Thanks for all the cheery gifs, Jeanette and Kelly. They always lift my spirits.

Wishing you all a blessed Easter. I am planning to wear a dress and heels to church which will be my nod to Easter this year.

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 03-27-2016, 12:41 PM   #496

Find Me on Instagram

allee's likes this post.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:40 AM   #497

Good Morning Friends!

Leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #498
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Everyone
Hope you have all had a wonderful Easter. We have been busy getting jobs done ready fr the Winter, getting firewood, pruning trees, burning the green waste pile etc. So busy we didn't get to Church so I feel really bad.

Kim - I hope Katy is ok!!!

I went to our monthly scrap crop on Saturday, had lots of fun although only finished one layout this time. It is a very detailed one so I guess that was ok.

We have been so busy here with school and children's activities it is ridiculous. I refused to do parent teacher interviews tomorrow as it is my birthday and I wanted 1 day off! LOL - such a baby about it but I am turning an 0 so I am not too happy and the school were cool and fitted us on Friday. Plus it is easier for my hubby to come if it is Friday as he can get out of work early.

Interesting reading about everyone's family heritage. I have been doing ours for the last few months and have found lots of interesting stuff... My mum's family had a castle, I am lady Diana Spencer's 5th cousin, My husbands family fought for Robert the Bruce and were made Barons because of it. I am Cornish from my mum's side and Irish and Scottish from my dad. My dad's family and my Husbands family lived in the same small village in Scotland at one stage 100s of years ago. My Great Grandfather was a gypsy traveler and went to America as a bareknuckle prize fighter before coming here to New Zealand. We can't go back any further on that line as his family have no records because of being travelers. Which is sad for my dad as that is his paternal line.

So yep I have found out LOTS that we had no clue about at all.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter Monday!!!!!!

Lou
Old 03-28-2016, 03:44 PM   #499
Polyshrink Goddess

Happy Belated Easter everyone!! And Happy Birthday Kelly!!

Lou, so happy you had a blast this past weekend. I know you've been looking forward to this event with your friend for a while!

This weekend was massive cleaning, packing for my upcoming stay at my cousin's starting tomorrow while I watch her two older toddler girls when she's due to give birth Tuesday and beyond, drive up central coast to pick up and pack up Ron for his return home, and a mountain of other errands. I was planning to head up Saturday by 8am but didn't get on the road til about 3pm.

Earlier in the week, after an all day work conference, I dropped off 300 donated cards for RMH in Orange County. Yieah! Another errand done and lots cleared from my shelf!

Tonight, is massive laundry, check in on my brother's house for mail, etc...and will prob do laundry at his place so I don't cut into my productive time with all the commuting, for when HE returns from vacation in Hawaii this coming Wednesday. Still have to work in visiting Ron's mom in the hospital as she recoops from her broken ankle. Her PT seems to be going well and she says she anticipates another 3-4 weeks in the nursing facility. Now, I have to coordinate picking up Ron at home before I head to her facility after work a few times this week.

I'm so looking forward to the end of the week when all my family obligations will be done and I finally get me time again.

My gosh, life is hard when it hits you on both sides of the family.

I'm very much looking forward to this coming weekend, did I already say that?

Sorry I make no sense, especially chronological sense, in my above rant. Just trying to keep my head above water for now.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:38 PM   #500
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Waving hello. Worked today, and chilled with hubby tonight-watching TV. We watch House of Cards, and season three has been released, so tonight -episode 2. We are trying not to marathon watch them all at one time : )

Anyone watch any of the Netflix series?

Ching- hope your schedule chills out quickly- you sound really busy this week- I will keep you in thoughts and prayers!

Kelly- sounds like an awesome week- and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Lou, your family history has paid off- and how fun! I had so uch fun looking up all of the records- it is so fun, and I met so many 2nd and 3rd cousins- and a few once removed relatives as well : ) Way for you to take a day off tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Lynn- thanks again for all of the well wishes. Sounds like we had similar Easters- I put on a dress- flats...and went with the girls to church then out to eat.

Jeanette- Do you attend any egg hunts or Easter activities with Brock? Was just watching the Easter roll at the White House on the news....

Sue- your party sounds like fun- how many of you were there? Do you end up with barrels of leftovers? DO you have many little ones?

Kim- Sorry about your dog getting sick- sounds like no fun at all for her : ( I am enjoying stopping by, not sure how you get it all done!

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
Old 03-29-2016, 03:21 AM   #501

Good Morning Friends!

Lou, you are almost royalty. How cool is that?!?!?!?

Ching, my! You are busier than busy - with all those family things going on. I hope you are able to find some "me time" too.

Shelly, we were at an Easter Egg Hunt at the church we attended this Sunday - but just as observers. Brock was content with that, which kind of surprised me, since the eggs were filled with delicious candy and he does love candy.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering... yes, I did get up way too early this morning. I've been awake since 3:00. Sheesh!!! DH says I might need to get a sleep aid but I'm too stubborn for such things. LOL! Besides, I live by the mantra that Sleep is highly over-rated. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-30-2016, 04:37 AM   #502

Good Morning Friends!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-31-2016, 05:10 AM   #503

Good Morning Friends!

I am leaving town VERY early tomorrow morning and won't get home again until very late Monday night... so unless I pop on here later today (which is doubtful since I have so much to do today), I'll see you again on Tuesday morning. Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-31-2016, 05:40 AM   #504
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning everyone!!! Its a rainy day here which is sad for all the school kids that are on SPRING BREAK. We had a wonderful Easter. My grand kids were here as well as my grand nieces and nephew. There were 5 kids and the only one not making alot of noise was the new baby grand nephew. I also had 12 adults and 2 dogs! The kids had an easter egg hunt and also did the confetti egg thing. I'm not sure what that is all about but you remore raw eggs from the shells keeping the shell intact, decorate the shell then fill it with confetti and glue a small piece of tissue ove the hole on the egg. Then the kids gather them and have like an egg fight smashing these eggs over each others heads. Thus leaving confetti and egg shells all over the yard!?!?!? I don't get it but they love it! I decided to be a bit more eco friendly and we put bird seed in the eggs instead. Not sure what was worse...the kids dragging confetti into the house or the bird seed! LOL
The rest of this week has been busy with shopping for some remodeling items. We are having 2 new toilets installed on Saturday, a guy to measure the kitchen floor today and we are still waiting for the guy to call for installing a new patio door! I'm excited!!
I will try to get to the blogs today but I'm not sure. Rest assure that I will be checking soon tho!
Jeanette safe travels!
Old 03-31-2016, 06:05 PM   #505
Polyshrink Goddess

Just wanted to pop in to say hello to everyone.

I'm literally running on very low reserves...gosh, I wish I was 20 again because back then I could 3-4 days without sleep!

I stayed up til 3am Tuesday night working on a work project which thankfully helped me make my deadline in time the next day. Last night, my cousin called me at 1:30am to tell me it was time. Off I went from one county to another to stay overnight so her two little girls would have a caretaker while she and her hubby took off to the hospital. I have a new little nephew!!! I'm still waiting to hear what his name is. Just finishing off work now, and I'm headed back to her house to stay overnight to watch the girls again. Ditto again tomorrow, Friday, night.

Saturday, I have a 12 hour crop after my run practice in the morning.....so hopefully I can still go unless my cousin needs me. If I go, I don't know how productive or awake I"ll be.

Sunday, is visit the MIL time with Ron now that he's back. He's been acclimating and unpacking this entire week the few seconds I've been awake/home to see him.

I cannot wait for Sunday night to have my time and space back again!
Old 04-01-2016, 05:21 AM   #506
Rubber Obsessor

Wow everyone's been so busy since the last time I stopped by! My next 2 and half ish weeks are crazy though so I can't say too much because I'll be right there with you!

I got a phone call yesterday and I have another job interview in a few weeks! It will be my first full time job interview! I'm so excited! It's not my "perfect" job but I'm still super excited!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:52 AM   #507
Pearl-ExPert

Ching..."Slow down you move too fast...you got to make the morning last..just kicking down the cobbled stones..looking for fun and feeling groovy" Yep I'm a Simon & Garfunkel fan!
Sami...Hope your interview goes well!
Old 04-01-2016, 10:08 PM   #508
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Feeling groovy : ) Love that song....

I had a nutty week glad it is the weekend. We had dinner with friends tonight, he is battling an aggressive cancer and has the most positive attitude! It was an early night.

Tomorrow, church early, allergy shot, color hair and an ATC trade at 3- which I have not started yet. Theme is Asian, which is right up my alley.

Susan, I have not heard of the egg confetti game Interesting : )

Sami- congrats on the interview and best of luck!

Ching- hope these coupe of weeks fly by so you can catch up on sleep and get back to your reg routine I do have to say, I love babies : )

I am fortunate to have my Mom closer by- just 1 1/2 hours, so was able to visit Wednesday, and going back Sunday- will stay overnight. She is doing as well as can be expected. At least she remembered Dad has passed..... We still need to write Thank You notes as a group and I need to write them to friends and neighbors.

Have a fab weekend to all!
Shelly
Old 04-05-2016, 05:14 AM   #509

Good Morning Friends!

Such a fun musical group here. Thanks, Sue!

Ching, I hope you are taking some time to rest along the busy journey of your life!

Sami, yay for an interview. I wish you well!!!

Shelly, so glad you are able to spend some time with your mom. I'm sure this transition is made easier for her as you and your siblings surround her with love and care... and attention, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-06-2016, 03:46 AM   #510

Good Morning Friends!

I am determined to make the rounds to blogs today! I intended to do so yesterday... but the day got away from me. I'm sorry!

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering... yes, I have been awake since 3:00 AM.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #511
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies
Well to day is the day, I am going to make blog rounds.
Sorry it has been a while.
Things always seem to be so crazy around here.
I guess 4 kids will do that to ya.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #512
Pearl-ExPert

4 kids oh my! I only had 2 and now have the grandkids and when all the little ones were her over Easter (5) I was "Pooped"!!! Altho it may have something to do with being in my 60's now. LOL
I finally got around to all the blogs and there were once again some fantastic cards! You ladies have been quite busy. And all the challenges! I have not even attempted to do one. I'm lucky I get my own cards done and the stuff for the nursing home. Well tomorrow will be a craft room day for me so maybe I'll be able to get to my own blog too. heehee
Enjoy your evening ladies!!!
Old 04-07-2016, 04:05 AM   #513

Good Morning Friends!

Woo Hoo! I slept until 4:35 this morning!

Lou, I'm impressed that you keep up with four children - and still have time to create, blog, and hang out here!

Sue, I hope you have fun in the craft room today!

It was too cold to work in the garage yesterday, so I worked at sorting/purging/organizing in my Working Studio. I have a huge pile of things to sell at the yard sale I'll be having early this summer. (I'm having it to get some spending money for DD and my Bible Journaling Cruise.)

Today I have errands to run, correspondence to tend to, and a meeting.... but hopefully I'll have some time to continue working on my Working Studio Makeover, too.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-08-2016, 03:40 AM   #514

Good Morning Friends!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-08-2016, 06:16 AM   #515
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning everyone! I don't get up quite as early as you do Jeanette...lol...actually quite a bit later! But I do love waking up to your posts.

Today is another busy day. Kitchen remodel shopping this morning and Nursing home this afternoon. Not sure what my weekend has in store but I'm betting it'll have something to do with the kitchen remodel.....plus I still have 2 little girl birthday cards to make and mail.
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 04-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #516
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving to all! Sorry I've fallen behind ........ such is life with 4 kids here, too! (Lou - high five!) and not being 20 and needing energy (ching - high five!) LOL!

Anyway, I'm only home for a bit today - even though it's a teacher's workday - my kids were here, there and everywhere. Dropped my son off at a sleepover birthday party - get this - at an exclusive yacht club home on the coastal waterway. Nice to see how the other half lives - ROFL! Super sweet people and it was the first time I've ever seen the inside of this exclusively (3 million dollar homes and UP) private community - I kept checking the GPS like where is this thing taking me? SWAT is going to show up any minute wondering why this crazy looking mom driving this beat up ol SUV is busting through the gated area - ROFL! I drooled. I did. I couldn't help it.

I'm glad this week is OVER!!! I was up at dawn and home by nightfall. My house is trashed, my floors look like a Van Gogh painting from all the dog slobber and hair - yuck! I haven't cooked in a week yet my kitchen looks like a warzone! HELLO teens at home .... you use it, you wash it! *they forgot the memo*

It was Musical Theater week for the high school chorus kids, as they put on their last show of the year. We cooked, we schleped dinner back and forth, we fed 148 students who stayed after school to put in long hours to rehearse and practice, we sewed costumes until 2 am! The show was really good - some mic and audio problems but otherwise wonderful. My dd17 isn't into performing at all and is looking forward to sleep!

I hope to make (cards) soon and (blog rounds), too! SOON!!!

Sending hugs!
x0x0
Old 04-09-2016, 04:10 AM   #517

Good Morning Friends!

Sue, I hope you enjoy your weekend, no matter what you do!

Kelly, whoa! You must be exhausted!!! I sure hope the weekend gives you a wee bit of a breather!

Waving to everyone else and............

leaving a trail of (((HUGS))) and Merriment

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-10-2016, 09:28 PM   #518
Proud Fan Club Member

Default hi

We are having see-saw weather- one day it is 60's and sunny, the next day- snow! It is supposed to get up in the 60's again by the end of the week : )
We are going to a (Cubs)baseball game next Saturday, so look forward to that.

We had company for dinner last night and tonight. One of our dear friends was dx with Pancreatic cancer in November, and we wanted to catch up- so had them and another couple Sat., today Mom and brother and SIL and sister and BIL came for dinner. Mom stayed at sis' house for brother and SIL to go to a Bulls game. SIL parents have been Chicago Bulls season ticket holders for 50 years, so they were presented a week trip in Mexico : ) How cool is that!

Working tomorrow, so signing off, will stop in again Tues or Wednesday!

Shelly
Old 04-11-2016, 05:03 AM   #519

Good Morning Friends!

Shelly, I experienced your see-saw weather last weekend when I was in Chicago and then southeast Wisconsin.

I had a great day yesterday - and my DH made it safely to his destination, so that's good. Brock and I went to our "old church" for services last night. He was a happy man!

Today I have two meetings... and I'm a single parent. It might be an interesting day.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-11-2016, 05:28 AM   #520
Pearl-ExPert

Wow Shelly what a great and busy weekend! Have fun at the Cubs game ...haven't been there in like 35 years! Just saw the reno of the locker rooms on tv and OMG!!!!! Beautiful!!! How cool for your SIL parents to get the trip to Mexico! 50 yrs of Bull tickets is amazing!
Jeanette...Glad DH made it ok and good luck single parenting! LOL

Still designing kitchen here. My goodness there's alot to think about! I did this once before in a different house but we did all the work ourselves but that was 20 yrs ago and I don't even think we're strong enough to lift those cabinets now! Old age has come upon us hahahaha! I am 1 step closer as of this weekend I have finally decided on Maple cabinets with a Whiskey Black glaze. Almost sounds yummy enough to eat! Countertop is next decision...waffling over 2 so I need to decide quick on the floor tile so I know which counter to get. Decisions decisions!
Have a great day everyone!