Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-03-2016, 04:47 AM   #401
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Friends!

Lou, I'm sorry you have sick ones... hope they find some relief for the one having tests!

Ching, that's awesome! I still plan to send you some... just haven't found the time yet. Sheesh! I need to get that done.

Kelly, I love the coloring you do with your Prisma markers!

Lynn, sorry about all the funerals. (((HUGS)))

Shelly, welcome home... and goodbye again. Enjoy the visit with Steph!

I'm sorry I didn't show up at all yesterday. I ended up going out of town (unexpectedly) for the day. It was a great day! Now I have to get ready to lead that workshop again... organize the many items I'll take and get the car loaded again. I go decorate the room tomorrow and lead the workshop on Saturday.

What's everybody else up to today?

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #402
Polyshrink Goddess

Kim (CalicoCat), congratulations on ALL of your new DT gigs. Yeah, that's the thing...it can overwhelm and take over the "fun" of your own hobby. That's why I stepped down a few years ago. I felt burnt out and mechanic. I miss getting all that free product and camaraderie though.

Shelly - my goodness! Cancer free for the little guy! Whoohoo!! Soo happy for him and your entire family!!

Jeanette - tee hee, yes, just throw all your extra cards into a bag and just ship it on over to me!

Lynn - you are beyond generous for again blessing me and the RMH cause with your bounty. I'll send you a pm with my shipping address. THANK YOU!

Kelly - I had no idea you used non copic markers. Your cards are ridiculously adorable! I have about 40-50 copics and thankfully haven't purchased more. Now that I've been bitten by the Julie Nutting bug, I'm keen to get a few more of the watercolor pencils to give shading/coloring with color pencils a try.

Lou - I hope your little one gets better soon and that the testing soon reveals what the problem is so you can get it treated asap.

Sami - lol, i can practically feel your excitement. Scrapping and attending scrap events with friends are soo soo soo fun!

Our sunny weather here in LA is finally going to change this weekend for some much needed rain. Let's hope it's a good downpour for our drought ridden state. I have run training in the morning on Saturday then a crop until 10pm that evening. Then I'm staying put at home while it rains all around me until it's time to go back to work on Monday. If not for the weather, I'd have been driving up the coast to visit Ron who has another 3 weeks with his grandmother before he returns home.

Tonight, I've got a family dinner to celebrate my niece's 2nd birthday at Cheesecake Factory before we really celebrate in style at Disneyland all of next weekend. I have to go pick up a membership for her at the local indoor kids gym. I think my niece is going to burst with so much FUNNESS!! Then pop over to the hospital to visit Ron's mom. Her phone/tablet charger seems to have died, so we can't have her living off the grid while cooped up on bed rest.

I so can't wait til I can play with paper and ink on Saturday. Ok, back to work.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:36 AM   #403

Ching, I'll try not to throw them too hard... I'd hate to damage them.

Good Morning Friends...
... and goodbye.

I am leaving in a bit. Will be gone a couple of days (leading a VBS Workshop). Come home; then leave again (to go in the opposite direction) for our state board meeting (I'm a board member). I'll be back late Tuesday night... so I'll see all of you again next Wednesday.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-04-2016, 06:13 AM   #404
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

This week just FLEW by ........... zipping through March already, we are! This weekend is jam packed filled with a show tonight where we'll go to support and cheer my daughter's friends that are in Cast A ... Boy Scouts are building something tomorrow and then it's off to a Lazer Tag birthday and we have tickets to see Phantom of the Opera on Sunday - that was my daughter's Christmas present to me ♥ Somewhere in there, I hope to actually make a card (or 4 ...) LOL

I have to echo the DT gigs ........ at one point, I was on 5!
At. The. Same. Time.
It was bonkers insane! I loved the perks and comraderie but then it became all work, no play. Always keep the magic in it and let it be fun first, work second

Lynn, your Oscars party sounds like it was a gorgeous success! It's always fun to dress up and be with family - win/win!

Ching - not too much longer before the honey is home! I adore what you've done with the JN dolls - my friend stamps seasonal with hers and journals them. One for spring, one for summer, etc! I love the look of them stamped onto newsprint ♥

Waving to everyone!!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 03-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #405
Polyshrink Goddess

lol Jeanette! Yes, thank goodness you're on top of quality control.

Kelly, I need to be careful or I'll soon succumb to buying all the JN dolls. As it is, I'm after all her watercolor pencil sets but need to get into my storage to verify what other pencil sets I already have.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm almost done here in the office and have my litany of errands and places I need to be this weekend before I hunker down to weather through the rain storm we're supposed to get Saturday night through Sunday.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #406
Rubber Obsessor

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends!!!

Kelly~ I agree that March is just flying by!!! I can't believe how fast it's going!

Have you ever gotten into that mode where you're like I need to get my blog posts done for this week but I just don't want to...

I still haven't heard anything back from that other job although they did tell me it would be a several week wait until I heard anything back from them but I did also apply for 3 more jobs this morning! I had to take a test for all 3 jobs and it was crazy!

Now it's time for some lunch! Hope you all are having a fantastic day!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #407
Polyshrink Goddess

Sami, as someone who's been in HR for 23 years, try calling them to follow up on hiring status as well as sending a thank you letter. Nothing wrong with that. Crossing my fingers for you.

Just depends on where they are in the hiring process and it's not you at all.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #408
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all your kindness about my son, NOT lead poisoning yay! We are now onto allergy testing which is far more likely and less worrisome.

Sami - I agree with Ching, contact them.

Ant the DT thing - I have finished all my DT terms and I am enjoying the break and stresslessness of being able to make what I want when I want. Crafting is a hobby and it should never be a burden.

Jeanette, hoping your journeys are safe and productive.

Hope everyone else is happy and healthy xx
Old 03-07-2016, 01:47 PM   #409
Rubber Obsessor

I was planning to contact them as a follow-up at the end of the week/early next week as they did tell me that they would be still interviewing last week and possibly this week as well. I did send a Thank You letter already. Thank you for the advice ladies!
Old 03-07-2016, 03:44 PM   #410
Proud Fan Club Member

Louise, so glad to hear that lead poisoning has been ruled out. I know that is a huge relief to your family. I hope your little guy is feeling better soon!

Best wishes on hearing good news back from one of your interviews, Sami!

I envy your day at the theater, Kelly! I would love to see a live performance of Phantom of the Opera!

Ching, I shipped out the box of cards today. Thanks for seeing that they are headed to a worthy cause. I hope you have managed to stay dry. All that rain is scheduled to start here later tonight and into the week.

I look forward to hearing about your workshop, Jeanette! I know it has to have been well received! You were so well prepared and the theme looked delightful!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 03-07-2016, 08:02 PM   #411
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

This weekend was a blur!

Have. Mercy.

SUPER busy and very fun but over as fast as it started. And now today was back and forth and back and forth - I went to the school(s!!) 4 times ~ then to drop off dd to her job since my car is in the shop. Not a clue when I'll get it back since they aren't sure what it's doing - LOL. I got stuck in construction TWICE and just sat and sat in gridlock, was late to pick up little man for school (that was a first!) Had to get dd from school to rehearsal, just to find out after a 45 minute drive that they cancelled it - ugh. Honestly, this is a Monday I could have done without!

I hope your day was better than mine!

Ching - have you seen this sale? They have a few Julia doll stamps - not sure if they are ones you have already though
Welcome to The Stamproom - Search

Sami - I hope you hear good news!!

Lou - bless your heart, it's not easy when the babes are sick ...... but glad to hear it wasn't worse than you thought. Wow! Scary!

*Sending love to all!*
Old 03-07-2016, 08:16 PM   #412
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Just dropping a quick note- Dad had a big stroke and I had to run down to Ky and have not had a minute to catch up here.

We are putting him in Hospice tomorrow, so will not be here too much.

Hugs,
Shelly
Old 03-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #413
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, I read your news and prayed for you - and will continue to pray, pray!
Old 03-07-2016, 09:08 PM   #414
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Shelly, no! I am so sorry. Your dad and all your family will be in my every prayer.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:02 PM   #415
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh Shelly...... Hugs and positive thoughts for you, your dad and family.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:40 AM   #416
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
Louise, so glad to hear that lead poisoning has been ruled out. I know that is a huge relief to your family. I hope your little guy is feeling better soon!

Best wishes on hearing good news back from one of your interviews, Sami!

I envy your day at the theater, Kelly! I would love to see a live performance of Phantom of the Opera!

Ching, I shipped out the box of cards today. Thanks for seeing that they are headed to a worthy cause. I hope you have managed to stay dry. All that rain is scheduled to start here later tonight and into the week.

I look forward to hearing about your workshop, Jeanette! I know it has to have been well received! You were so well prepared and the theme looked delightful!
Lynn! My goodness! Thank you soo much for your continued generosity! The recipients will be delighted, again, to have your cards to spread joy and stay connected with their family and loved ones. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2016, 08:42 AM   #417
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh Kelly, you made me look! Not only do I love the Julie Nutting dolls, but also those Catherine Moore dolls from her Character Construction line. Thank you for the link to those great deals!
Old 03-08-2016, 08:04 PM   #418
Polyshrink Goddess

Sending love and prayers Shelly
Old 03-09-2016, 12:04 AM   #419
Polyshrink Goddess

oh my ...worked really late tonight to come home to a large box from joanns. Oh....I was bad.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:52 AM   #420

Good Morning Friends!

I am home again... and things are hopefully settling down. Brock was home yesterday (poor DH) with a stomach virus. The only good thing to say about those is they are usually over within 24 hours or so. I just hate it when Brock is sick.

My meetings - 5 of them - were very productive!

Shelly, I am so sorry to hear about your dad's health situation... sending lots of hugs and praying for all of you!

Kelly, I hope today is a better day for you!

Yes, Ching... I'm all about the quality control.

Lou, I'm so glad to hear lead poisoning is not the issue. Hopefully you'll have answers soon!

Sami, I hope you hear something soon about the job. Job-hunting is so stressful!

Lynn, the workshop went well. These VBS ones are a lot of fun... playing is not a bad thing.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-09-2016, 06:59 AM   #421
Pearl-ExPert

So sorry Shelly! I hope things work out. It is so hard when our parents age. Both of mine have been gone for many years but when they were in their 80's I spent alot of time dealing with Hospice. They are wonderful caring people. Prayers for you and your father.

Ching...Love seeing packages at my house! LOL I'm pretty bad too and usually its on Amazon!

Louise..thank goodness your son doesn't have lead poisoning! Bet you let out a huge sigh of relief.

Sami hope you hear about job soon.

Kelly...I would have loved seeing Phanthom of the Opera. I never seem to find time for plays. Going to have to change that! BTW...do you ever squeeze sleep into those busy days you have??

Jeanette...Boy you have been busy too! Hope you have some down time planned!

As for me????? Not really busy....just alot of playing! I've been working on a few different Mini Albums just for the fun of it. I posted one on my blog but I'm working on 2 others. 1 a gate fold and the other a Christmas one. I have a card class scheduled for the nursing home tomorrow and we are going to do a couple Easter cards. I need to get going and get some put together. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! We have a dreary day here so it's a good day to stay inside and paper craft! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-09-2016, 07:46 AM   #422

Sue, tell me more... do you take kits/supplies to the nursing home and help the residents make cards? I've always wanted to be involved in a nursing home activity group, so this piqued my interest.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-09-2016, 09:17 AM   #423
Pearl-ExPert

Yes Jeanette I make small relatively simple card kits. Everything is cut and either stamped , embossed, or scored in advance. These and card bases and envelopes are all put into individual cello bags. All embellishments if any are also placed in the bag. I get my cello bags at the dollar store since I pay for all supplies and volunteer my time. I look at it as my 1 good deed! LOL My papers are usually whatever I find on clearance at Michaels or Hobby Lobby and I try to make most of the embellishments. Here are 2 of the cards they have made.

These cards were made with the bases being papers from a Recollections card stock pad.

This set eas just embossing folders on white card bases and they had to color with colored pencils. I have a group that varies between 10 and 14 people and they really enjoy all the laughing and stories we share during card crafting time.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:30 AM   #424

Oh Sue... they must love you! The fun of being together and creating such beautiful cards! WOW! I'm impressed that you do this. (hmmmmmmmmm... I wonder if our local nursing home would let me do something like this. I might need to make a few phone calls.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-09-2016, 11:11 AM   #425
Pearl-ExPert

I swear I think I get more out of it then they do! LOL You should check into it. It is so rewarding. The stories they tell are sometimes so hysterical! I wish I could do more than 1 home but at the moment I watch my 2 grandkids 3x's a week before and after school so my time is limited. But I do love the one I have!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:47 PM   #426

I am soooooooooooooo excited! I've been wanting a Raskog cart for quite some time - to organize my coloring tools (Copics, other markers, colored pencils, etc)... but am too far from an IKEA to get to one very easily. I finally broke down last week and ordered one - the shipping wasn't too awfully expensive. It came today! And I put it together and got my toys organized....

I think it's going to work well for me! (I have my son - in Wisconsin - looking for 6 more of the pink containers like is on the top shelf for me. They are in the dollar aisle at Target but so far in the Targets I've been to I've only found the 6. I need 6 more so I can get rid of the canning jars... and stay with the bright pink color scheme of my Working Studio).

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-09-2016, 03:03 PM   #427

YAY!!! DS just texted me............ they found/bought 6 of the bright pink containers for me!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-09-2016, 06:47 PM   #428
Pearl-ExPert

Wow Jeanette what a great way to spend the day organizing your toys!! Looks great! Are those pink containers on the bottom shelf from Target too?
Old 03-09-2016, 06:48 PM   #429

Thanks Sue... no those pink bins are from Dollar General - cost $1 each.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-09-2016, 06:51 PM   #430

I'm always on the lookout for bright pink storage pieces. It all started last year when Walmart had these amazing pink bins that I purchased for storing my clear stamps in... and the color scheme of my Working Studio was born.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-09-2016, 07:31 PM   #431
Pearl-ExPert

Love the pink color! My craftroom is multicolored. I had to work with these chartrous and army green walls. It use to be my sons room before he got married. I loaded 2 walls with white shelves which brightened up the room and made the wall more appealing. Splashes of color livens up the place. Would love to see photos of your craft space.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:13 PM   #432
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh Jeannette....can you picture me doing this????

"hercules! hercules! hercules!" a la eddie murphy!

lol....love your color ikea cart!! OMG!! You have tons of copics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sddefault.jpg (33.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-09-2016, 10:16 PM   #433
Polyshrink Goddess

Sue that's a WONDERFUL thing you're doing!!! We are lucky to have such a kind hearted and generous soul in our lil group. Imagine the joy you provide with the generosity of your time and supplies. We're all going to get there one day, and I can only hope there will be someone like to you to help brighten my days.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #434
Polyshrink Goddess

I just got home ladies, it's 10:16pm, after a long day of work, class for my certification and visiting Ron's mom in the rehabilitation home to find.....

a huge box from Lynn!! Thank you Lynn for your continued generous donation and support to SCS's card collection for Ronald McDonald Houses. I've got a go go go schedule the rest of this week and weekend, but I'll definitely share a picture of Lynn's bounty and talent with you all.

Thank you Lynn!
Old 03-09-2016, 11:31 PM   #435
Proud Fan Club Member

Glad they arrived safe and sound.

Ching likes this post.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:11 AM   #436

Good Morning Friends!

Sue, I, too, have some unique colors to deal with - our house comes with the job so we have no say in where we live, but I do LOVE our home! My Working Studio is actually a carport that was closed in to make an office many years ago, and hten converted to a room of the house when the office was moved off-site. It has one brick wall (which was the outside wall of the house) and the other three walls are paneled - which would never be my choice but it is what it is. The good thing about it is that my shelves and storage units cover almost all of the wall space, so you don't really notice the paneling too much.

I do plan to take pictures - someday - and post them in a page on my blog. I'll let you know when I do that. I'm sort of trying to get the rest of my "toys" organized before I do that... maybe I should just do it and then update when I get them organized. We moved here in late November... and I still have SEVERAL boxes of papercrafting things in the garage that I need to unpack and decide what to keep and what to get rid of.

Ching, you are a hoot! I love your posts! I do have more Copics than I thought I did.... my sister tempted me into counting them last night. EEK!

BTW, I posted the picture of my card in the Stampling Enablers group on FB... and what a mess. You can't believe the attention it's gotten - mostly good... but several caring individuals have told me I shouldn't store my markers upright... only horizontal. However, the Copic company says they can be stored horizontally or vertically without a problem....... and I've stored mine upright the whole time I've owned them (6-8 years) without a problem. Sheesh! I didn't know I would cause such a raucous on FB.

Lynn, I need to do that, too! You are amazing!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #437
Polyshrink Goddess

lol, Jeanette, imagine me still doing the "hercules, hercules, hercules" clap and big ole grin on my face as I knock down your new Ikea cart so I can roll all over and on top of all our copics!!!

hahahaha!!

I'll take a pic later tonight when I get home to show you my measly collection of Copics. They're spendy and I just couldn't justify more. Wanted to focus on using what I have and working on my skill level.

So...guess what I just bought this past weekend after lamenting about how coloring tools are so spendy?

Ohhh, um, all 4 sets of the Prima Julie Nutting watercolor pencils. So now I have 5 sets in total. I think I'm just missing one last basic colors set. They are sitting next to my 2-3 sets of other colored pencils from SU and Prisma something.

I apparently will take my crafting supply collection with me when I die as I buy faster than I use.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:39 AM   #438
Pearl-ExPert

LOL Ching...I'm right there with you! My supplies may be coming with me when I die too! My son says he and his wife are going to bury it all with me. Boy that's going to be 1 HUGE casket! LOL
Old 03-11-2016, 06:20 AM   #439

Good Morning Friends!

Ching, LOL! Yes I that would be a sight... but instead, how about we sit down and color together. Wouldn't that be fun? I could share my Copics and you could share your amazing colored pencils. We'd have a great time!

Sue, giggling! I think they should reconsider... the cost of the oversize casket would be extreme.

I have so much to do today (yesterday I did laundry and made 3 cards)... tomorrow I am an official state representative at one of our Children's Ministry Day sites. Whew! Doesn't that sound official??? What that means is I meet and greet, cheer the kids on, answer any questions that come up, and take pictures of the children working at as many of the 15 locations as I can get to in a day's time.) Sooooooooo... you know where this is going........ I won't be on SCS tomorrow, and I'm never on it on Sundays. Yikes! This is definitely becoming a pattern.

I'll see you on Monday (unless I sneak in here again later today). Have a great weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-12-2016, 10:03 AM   #440
Polyshrink Goddess

lol, I can imagine Jeanette. I do store my measly collection of copics and all other pens sideways. As I'm taking them out of storage, imagine me with one eye squeezed shut while biting down on the corner of my mouth, hoping, praying that my markers and pens work. There are no issues with copics, but all my others? like souffle pens? Gosh I haven't even tried my SU pens. Those have got to be 15 years old? I sure hope someone's figured out a way to refresh them and there's some youtube video about it.

Just checking in before I head out to Disneyland with my brother and his little family. Little niece's birthday month continues with a 3 day trip to Disney. Auntie Ching is just joining in on day 2 because Auntie Ching is old and will barely survive one day entirely on foot in the sun....or possible rain. Then, Auntie ching will most likely sleep and recover all day while doing house chores tomorrow to return to work Monday. lol

Have a great weekend everyone.