Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2016, 06:22 PM   #361
Proud Fan Club Member

Default : )

Hello again- chatty thread this week!

Susan- I love Door County- where is your place???

ow Jeanette- I think a Bible Journaling Criuse would be so amazing!!! Yes, save those pennies$$$ I hope it works out for you!

Thanks Allee- will check out that burger place! I hear Austin is known for BBQ and burgers : ) It will be a fun weekend for sure- the nieces and nephews put up cool pics of hikes and food on FB alot. I am very excited. : )

Kelly, you are going to be lost the day all of the running stops.......! So cool to have 2 days in a row where there is no line at SB's! Did not hear about mermaid cards..... wonder if they have some that are regional..... My daughter Katie collects SB's cups/mugs that have city destinations every where she goes- many from China : )

Ok- watching TV with hubby- signing off

Shelly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:08 AM   #362
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Shelly, I will have to look for the mermaid card the next time I go back to that Starbucks and send you one! You can use it for non coffee items, lol - as my non coffee drinking kids remind me, there is tea and fraps and yummy pastires and such! I, too, collect the Starbucks mugs - they are one of my treasured collections! I have them dating back to our travels through Europe and now I collect the You are Here city mugs - swoon. Love them so!

Did you ever get your car back? I hope your wheels are back and running!

I will be all over town again today, drop offs and a field trip to see The Lion King! And then tonight is Boy Scout crossing over - whew. Not a chance of crafting in sight today

Scattering hugs!
DT:  The Project Bin
Old 02-19-2016, 04:27 AM   #363
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Friends!

- and it's going to be a busy one for me -

Kelly, be safe as you go, go, go today... and have fun, too (the Lion King production should be great!)

Shelly, I found 2 pennies on the ground yesterday when DH and I went out. That's a start, right? (oops! I gave them to Brock last night to put in his piggie bank. Oh well!)

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 02-19-2016, 05:14 AM   #364
Rubber Obsessor

Have I mentioned how much I like being apart of this group? Because I do. I love logging on to splitcoast in the morning and seeing all the fun little digital designs and checking out your blogs. And yesterday I was reading through comments on my blog and they all just made me smile.

Anywho! I'm so happy it's Friday!! My BFF is going to skype me tonight to make sure everything is set up for our almost all day virtual craft day tomorrow and I'm so excited! I did end up going to work yesterday and actually had a really great day! I was still a little under the weather and I'm still a little sick but I'm starting to feel better which is good because yesterday I got a call from a school district I applied to work summer school for and they want me to come in for an interview. Unfortunately I missed their call and my phone decided not to let me listen to the voicemail until about 6:00 last night 3 hours after they called me!! So I have to call them back this morning and schedule the interview with them. It's not a full time job but this is my dream school district to work for so it will be awesome just to get my foot in the door there! And I'm working on another full-time job application today! 2015 was a really tough year for me and I'm really glad 2016 is going so well so far! Granted there's still a lot of 2016 to go but still yay!!

I hope the rest of you have a wonderful Friday and a fantastic Weekend!
Old 02-19-2016, 05:21 AM   #365

Sami, that's awesome! I wish you well with the interview!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-19-2016, 06:19 AM   #366
Polyshrink Goddess

Shelly, omg Austin is a foodie's playground. They have more than just good burgers and bbq's!

Kelly, you have a full plate ahead. Enjoy Lion King. It's one of my fav musicals. I've seen it twice! My weekend is full too. I have run practice Satursy and then driving up the coast to seethe other half. It's a 3 hour drive each way. Hopefully Sunday, I can get some crafting in.

Jeanette, it's so good to hear of people valuing pennies. I pick up pennies all the time in parking lots Etc.

Sami, our little group is awesome! So glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Happy Friday ladies. I'm heading into work early as I have employee session meetings all day.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:23 AM   #367

Ching, our Brock loves finding change... and putting it in his bank.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-20-2016, 05:19 AM   #368

Good Morning Friends!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-20-2016, 05:27 AM   #369

Ching, are you the one who posted the question in the comment on my blog - asking what my "Working Studio" is? I'll explain here, hoping it was you.

I have a wonderfully large room - all my own. It was origianally a carport sort of thing. Then the association needed an office, so it was closed in and made into an office (with a door into the parsonage/house. Some time later they hired a minister who had a large family so the space was needed for the family space... so the association made arrangements for an off-site office. (First they rented space, but now they have an amazing office that is about 1/2 mile from our home/parsonage).

We moved in Thanksgiving week... when my DH was hired as the current minister. We removed/stored the door that connects my "Working Studio" to the house/kitchen... so it's open and wonderful. I have the entire room (the size of a 1-car garage), filled with two large desks, lots of shelves, and all of my tools/toys for both leading conferences/workshops and making cards. Oh and did I mention, I also have a 3/4 bathroom - all my own since it's so tiny my guys don't use it - and a walk in closet off the side of my space. I'm in heaven!

I struggled with what to name my room/space... I wanted something that fit both the craftiness and the working aspect of my room. I finally - after well over a month of thinking - came up with "Working Studio".

At some point I'm going to take pictures and post them in the page on my blog titled "My Working Studio"... but I haven't had time to do that yet.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-20-2016, 05:40 PM   #370
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone!

Jeanette I love the name you selected for your crafty space. I call mine the dungeon because it's in the basement, but it's only in jest because the area is finished and serves me well. How fortunate for you it's on the main floor and close to the action...that's the only drawback for me...I'm separated from the rest of the house, but sometimes that's a blessing, LOL

Sami, a virtual craft day! What a great idea! So many times my friends and I want to get together but schedules don't permit...this might be the answer. I'm glad you're feeling better and I really hope that job interview sounds great. Good luck with it! Crossing my fingers for you.

Kelly, I never saw the Lion King, but it's on my bucket list. Have fun with that and all the other things you manage to squeeze into one day. That's getting the most out of life.

Lynn, my stinky dog just had a spa day, too. She HATES it, but she looks so cute and feels and smells so nice when she's done. Poor thing, she also had a vet appointment for teeth cleaning and when I arrived to pick her up I was told they extracted 8 teeth! I was stunned she needed so many teeth pulled and that they didn't call me first to run it by me...not that I would have said no, but it surprised me nonetheless. I brush her teeth about once a week and can't understand why her teeth are in such poor condition.

I went on one cruise and ended up sharing the sea with Hurricane Gladys. Not a good experience and when we finally got to Bermuda, it had been devastated by the hurricane. That was my last cruise and have had no desire since...except maybe to Alaska. That sounds like a lovely trip!

Hugs to you Kim...you haven't been back since I replied last but didn't want to miss mentioning you.

Thanks you folks for saying such nice things about my work ladies!

Did I miss anyone? If I did, sorry. Hugs all around!

Tania, I hear you about the home parties. Lots of work getting people to want to come.

Ching, so happy you are crafting again and love seeing your comments on the blogs.

Susan, Welcome! I will definitely get you name on my blog roll. I did comment the other day because I go to Lynn's blog when I comment as she has everything in date order and I can't do that on my blog...I always start with Lynn to see what wonderful new scene she has created.

Shelly, I'm not getting PMs from you. Are you sending them here? I'll double check again. No worries if you can't participate at this time...if you ever want to let me know. That goes for all of you if you'd like to participate in hops or be a guest designer...the people who host the hops I'm in let a small group of people know first before they open it to the public.
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
Old 02-20-2016, 08:30 PM   #371
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi friends!
I just read through your posts. It is fun getting to know each of you a bit more.
I'm sitting in my den on a recliner, typing on my smart phone, so I can't refer back to everything. And I am too tired to move to my laptop! LOL I hope to check your blogs either tonight before I go to bed, or tomorrow after church.
Funny confession tonight. I made my last batch of Valentines this week. Yes, they were late. But it's worse...these were made to finish my 2015 Christmas card list! LOL I didn't get those done, so I ended up mailing 38 Valentines with a silly insert.
I better start my 2016 Christmas cards this week, or I will be in the same boat next year!
The good news is that I used up the rest of my ruby red and riding hood red SU card stock, and almost the rest of a particular pack of DSP. I even found old envelopes of various sizes and used them up. I'm trying to use lots of stuff I already have in my room.
I hope to blog more this week. I have some pictures of cards I haven't had time to post yet.
Well, my battery is running low. I better get to some blogs!
Old 02-20-2016, 08:38 PM   #372

Kim, I think the Dungeon is a great name for your space. Our house is all on one level, though I do love a basement. I'm sure loving this house though!!! (The house comes with the job... so we don't have any say in what we live in... but that's been okay.)

Kim, I'll look forward to seeing more activity on your blog!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-21-2016, 07:59 AM   #373
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning ladies! Glad to see your all doing well! Our virtual craft day was awesome and we got some great stuff done and some planning for our next in-person craft weekend in April! I really need to do blog rounds soon but I have a busy week up ahead so I'm spending a little more time in my craft space today trying to get a few more cards done and clean up a little from yesterday! Hopefully I can get our to blogs today other wise I'll do them tomorrow night after work! Have a fabulous Sunday!
Old 02-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #374
Polyshrink Goddess

Happy Sunday ladies!!

Had lots of fun spreading out and making a mess, and I got my creativity on last night. Got a couple of cards done which means I just finished scheduling some future blog posts for the week. Gosh that feels good! I forgot how much fun I have and how much I love this craft.

Here's my card that I shared today from my monthly Mystery Image swap. It's also on my blog too!

I'm heading off for a day trip to visit my other half and will be back later this evening. Then need to visit his mother in the hospital who broke her ankle unfortunately. I feel so bad for her. She just had surgery and is about to be moved to a nursing facility for recovery. Gosh, when it rains, it pours eh?

Jeanette, thank you for remembering it was me that asked about your Work Space Studio. Gosh, i'm green with envy...of all the editions of your room. It sounds wonderful!!

Sami, so glad you had lots of fun and productivity with your BFF. Skyping is the next best thing to seeing each other in person.

Kim, nothing wrong with late Valentines. I was pushing out Valentines at 2am the night before myself. Anything to make my little 6 year old niece happy. At least your friends are GETTING valentine's - it's the thought that counts!!

Kim (calico), I'm definitely making my rounds on the blogs. ) You ladies are freaking incredible!

Ok, off to shower, pack a care package, and then on a 3 hour each way road trip!
Old 02-22-2016, 04:56 AM   #375

Good Morning Friends!

Sami, I think your virtual craft night sounds like great fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!

Ching, love your card! Oh, please don't be envious. My Working Studio is my fun place, but it's not gorgeous like so many spaces I see pictures of. It is mine, though, and I love it.

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I did.

But, alas,
all good things must come to an end...

And my plans for today are making me a bit teary. I made the decision that it was time to find a doctor closer to home - no health problems - but 3 1/2 hours is a long way to go to visit the doctor, especially if I should develop health issues. So, today, for the first time in 32 years I am seeing a new doctor.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #376
Proud Fan Club Member

Good afternoon, ladies. Another week begins.

Shelly, Austin also has some of the best Mexican food in the state. I know you will enjoy your time there.

(Calico) Kim, I feel so bad for poor Katy. I hope she has enough teeth left to eat her favorite foods. My dog refuses to have his teeth brushed. If I tried, I would be missing a few fingers. It is hard to believe that they didn't call to let you know what they were doing.

Sami, best of lucky on your job interview. What a great opportunity to work with the school district of your dreams.

Kim, I'm with you! It's time to start Christmas cards for 2016.

Ching, wish I were a few posts ahead. What a great feeling. I'm just treading water trying to keep up. I hope your other half's mother is able to recover quickly and get back out on her own. We all love our independence.

Jeanette, changing doctor's is always hard. I hope you find one who is a perfect fit for you.

I've got a pile of birthday cards to make today. I also need to go shopping for a new dishwasher. But today is a rainy day here, much more conducive to card making than shopping. I think I will try today's SCS technique challenge to create a special card for a friend whose birthday is tomorrow.

Wishing you all a wonderful week!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 02-23-2016, 12:50 AM   #377
Polyshrink Goddess

Jeanette, Im envious as I'm crafting on the edge of a computer desk here and on top of myself! You have a whole room to yourself!

Lynn, you have a lot on your plate. Hope you're able to find a great deal on a new dishwasher and the logistics of it getting delivered, installed, etc is painless. Thanks so much for your tip to use a fine nail file to remove my ink oopsie. I tried, and it did remove some, but I think I waited too long to try it and the ink had set already? I'm definitely going to try it immediately the next time. But hopefully there will be no next time. I need to clean up asap between steps and or work on a larger table!

Last edited by Ching; 02-23-2016 at 02:48 AM..
Old 02-23-2016, 03:27 AM   #378

Good Morning Friends!

Lynn, thanks... funny thing is, as I was backing out of the garage yesterday the doctor's office called to reschedule my appointment because the doctor was ill............ so now I go on Wednesday afternoon instead. Sheesh! Just when I finally convinced myself to change doctors. Not. easy. at. all.

Ching, I am sorry you don't have more crafty space. That stinks! You can come play at my house any time you'd like. I share nicely.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-23-2016, 09:42 AM   #379
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends ♥ I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! (just kinda feel like I did, lol!) I'm tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired! Busy weekend, already busy week - running around to the High School, elementary school, college (twice, thanks dd for forgetting your paper! ) and yesterday was double dentist for dd17 and ds11, who managed to score yet another cavity. Had to rush and drop her off at rehearsal and come back to a squeeze in for him to get that fixed - right under where his braces band was for 2 years. I was not so happy but what can you do. By the time I got home at dark last night, I could barely get up off the couch ....

... all to hear the joyous chorus of "MOMMY! What's for dinner?!" LOL!! Fun-ny.

Times like that I wish my kids had eaten Chef Boyardee! (I don't buy it)

Today was school drop offs and bible study - got to church to see a sign on the door that "Bible Study has the flu." Not the leader. Or members. But Bible Study. LOL! I had to laugh and laugh So it's nice to have an unexpected morning home - yep, in my own house - where I can mop the floors, toss in some laundry, and make a few beds!

Jeanette, I feel for you - I've been with my OB/GYN, who delivered 3 of my 4 babies - the 3rd one was too impatient to wait for him to make it to the hospital and I ended up nearly having her in triage!) for 24 years now. While he's NO LONGER MY OB (just sayin!), he's an amazing dr and I'll be crying the day he retires.

Kim, poor Katy - that had to be hard for you. I hope your pup is healing nicely after the extractions (I thought of you yesterday at the dentist - I did! There was a mom there waiting on her little boy getting a few teeth extracted)

Ching - I hear you! Well, you already know the story of my dd going to college, then not, and me giving her my huge craft Cabana I do miss having a huge room to craft in and downsized to this rickety ol' wooden desk, 28" or so long and like 12" deep. And one day I just said I'm not having it. I couldn't get anything done there and was crafting out of boxes!! So I set up a little area in our front living room. And I didn't care one bit that it doesn't look like Better Homes and Gardens magazine! All our friends that stop by know ME and our family couldn't care less one way or the other and they all hang out in the second living room or den (or kitchen!) anyway - ROFL.

Scattering hugs to all!
Old 02-23-2016, 10:13 AM   #380
Rubber Obsessor

Hello crafty friends!!!!

I hope everyone has been having a good day. My interview is over and my 2 crazy days of the week are over. I still have to go to the dentist tomorrow but I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now that the interview is over. My cold is also almost completely gone!! I still have a little bit of a cough but I don't feel sick anymore so I think I'm over it. Now it's time to tackle all the other things I haven't been keeping up with since I was sick!
Old 02-23-2016, 11:35 AM   #381

YAY! Kelly showed up! Been missing you, my friend!

YAY! Glad the interview is over, Sami... and the crazy days! How did the interview go?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #382
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Jeanette! I'd give the interview about a 95% I think it could have gone a little better but I don't think it was a total bust.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:23 PM   #383

I'm glad it went so well... will hopefully bring the results you're wanting.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-23-2016, 09:47 PM   #384
Polyshrink Goddess

So glad you did well on your interview Sami. Wishing you lots of luck!!

Kelly, I still envy you all as everyone has more space than me! We're in such a tiny place. I'm looking at my calendar now and really just can't wait for the next crop I signed up for.

I just got home from visiting Ron's mom in the nursing facility while she recuperates from her broken ankle. Ron is my other half. Not sure why I don't ever use names.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:44 AM   #385

Good Morning Friends!

Ching, I hope Ron's mom enjoyed your visit.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-25-2016, 04:40 AM   #386

Good Morning Friends!

FYI - I am leaving early tomorrow morning and will not be back until late Saturday night. Since I don't do SCS on Sundays, I'll see you again next week (unless I peek in here again later today). Have a FABULOUS weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

HOBBYSUE likes this post.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:58 AM   #387
Pearl-ExPert

I'm Back!!
Well I'm totally refreshed and relaxed!! Weather was chilly and nearly the entire Northern part of the county was closed, which it usually is this time of year. But you can't beat the peace and quiet of Door County in the winter! Shelly...I'm in Baileys Harbor, the quiet side! Though my place is only a 3 season beach house, my sister has a year round place right across the street from me in the woods. She and her husband spend Feb and March in Mexcio, they have a condo near the Caaribean. That gives me the opportunity to spend some wintertime at her place in Door County for a peaceful get-a-way! I'm definately blessed. We were still able to hit a few of our favorite dining spots, and catch up on some movies. I also dropped in on Oscar who owns the local stamp store for a fun visit and of course to pick up a few of my favorite Graphic 45 papers! Now it's back to my normal routine! Grandkids are so excited we're home. You'd think we were away for months!! Truth be told we missed the heck out of them! They are part of our daily routine on Mon-Wed so we help out on the child care. Well I can't wait to get back to crafting. I already visited all your blogs and I hope you all have exciting an day!
Old 02-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #388
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone!

Oh Susan, I want to move in with you!! Oh how delightful it sounds! Here we are blessed with the beach (which I love!) but I'm really a winter girl through and through.

Sami - keep us posted on the job!

Ching - as long as we get some cards made, we are in good shape, right?! Lol! I am glad you were able to get a visit in with Ron, I'm sure that was the highlight of the week

Spent the day at the dr with our oldest daughter - then the opthamologist for an emergency appt to rule out an MRI. Thankfully, she just had a severe allergic reaction to eye drops - whew! These kids are giving me grey hair!

Jeanette - safe and happy travels!

I made my blog rounds - awesome creativity and wonderfully inspiring. I'm soooo,far behind in crafting - but I'm not waving my white (cardstock) glad just yet!

*hugs!*
Old 02-29-2016, 04:14 AM   #389

Good Morning Friends!

Today is the best day to celebrate leap year...
so hop to it!

Sue, sounds like you enjoyed your getaway! I'm glad!

Kelly, it was a safe and enjoyable trip. Thanks!

My first workshop went well... just a few tweaks I want to make before I do it again this weekend. But today I'm going to do some cleaning and some cardmaking... tweaking can come another day.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-29-2016, 05:46 AM   #390
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning! It's actually Monday - what happened to the weekend?!! Ours was zipping and zooming! I finally sat down to make a card last night - yep, one card, lol. I watched the Oscars while creating ... congrats to Leo! Finally an award, such a talented young actor.

Jeanette, you are unFROGettable, my friend!

*Sharing love with all!*
Old 02-29-2016, 06:00 AM   #391

awww... Kelly, you are, too! Love you, my friend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-01-2016, 02:51 AM   #392

Good Morning Friends!

Today is the first Tuesday (of 5) in March... I can't believe how quickly 2016 is marching on.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-01-2016, 06:28 AM   #393
Rubber Obsessor

I finally got around to all your blogs this morning! I feel like I'm still trying to catch up with life from when I was sick!! But right now I'm like crazy excited because I just want it to be April! I'm just so excited for Scrapbook Expo and for my friend to come over!
Old 03-01-2016, 07:07 AM   #394
Rubber Obsessor

I just finished visiting all your blogs and leaving some love. Gosh, I didn't realize it's been a week since I last visited and am thrilled you've been so busy making such great projects!

I'm afraid I've over extended myself when it comes to card making...I was asked by several people to become a member of their DTs and I have to say my ego answered and not my brain. I love doing it, but I can see me getting to the point where I won't enjoy making cards as much because I'm just pushing them out. If I get there...I will have to back off. I'm off now to get back to the dungeon....I will stop back when I can spend more time and read up on what's been happening with all of you.
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
Old 03-01-2016, 09:25 AM   #395

Sami, it's good to see you having time to check out the blogs.

Kim, it should be fun... I agree. So try not to stress.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #396
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies
I have been a little remiss in visiting the last couple of weeks but I am all caught up now I think
I have been really busy here with my kids, one has been home sick from school the last 2 days and another is undergoing tests to find out what is causing him to have an upset tummy really often. They are testing him for lead poisoning but I seriously don't think it is that.
We have also been preparing for loads of sports stuff, school swimming sports, school Triathlon and my oldest son has been asked to participate in a preseason soccer training thing.
I had some time to scrap on Saturday as we had our monthly crop which was lovely.
Hope you are all happy and well and I am now off to read through the thread to see what I have missed in the last few weeks.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #397
Polyshrink Goddess

Ladies, I'm so excited to share that with the last parcel that I just received last night from my girlfriend who is not on SCS, my total for cards collected for my month of Jan 2016 as Ronald McDonald House hostess is a whopping 804 cards received. *** May I thank our very own Lynn, again, for donating 161 cards earlier last year?***

I have close to 450 cards on hand so I need to get busy and prepare/package them up to drop off at 3 other RMH locations near me in the LA and Orange County areas.

If any of you have any extra cards lying around and would like to donate, I'm hostessing again for the rest of this 2016.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:41 PM   #398
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all - rushing by, did you see my supermom cape flying behind me?! LOL!

Today was lots of zooming around (schools) but also a very sweet date! My dd had her 2nd class cancelled so we went out to lunch at Panera Bread (yummy! I'm a salad fanatic!) and then shopping. She needed dresses for work, I need dresses for a few upcoming events - she found several, I found NONE! But the company was extra sweet and we had a lovely day ♥

I, too, made my blog rounds - what talented ladies! Susan, I had to chuckle at your post - I don't own Copics. At times I think I'm the ONLY one who doesn't so we can color at the non-copic table together - LOL! I keeding, I keeding I actually LOVE LOVE LOVE my prismacolor markers and cannot fathom switching. My sweet husband bought me the 156 count stacker set years ago and they are still going strong, along with many from sistah Jeanette who sent me a bag of them years ago, too

Kim - good luck with your DT decisions! Whatever you chose, you are an amazing catch, girl! Your cards ...... swoon!

Waving to all!
Old 03-02-2016, 09:03 AM   #399
Proud Fan Club Member

Have had three funerals in the past 4 days. Two of them involved out of town trips and one was here at our church. I am responsible for funeral receptions (as well as sympathy cards) at our church so I set up and decorated the hall and arranged for the ladies of the church to provide food. Fortunately we have a wonderful group of ladies who are willing to help in whatever way needed, be it work or food. Everybody knows everybody in our church so that makes us a pretty tight knit group. It was a pretty large funeral so we even had people coming in after to help with the clean up and break down.

On the day off from funerals, I traveled to my son and daughter-in-law's annual Oscar party. Both granddaughters were able to be there this year along with my sister so we had a great night. It is nice to be using up cheap gas, although I am hoping the price heads back up since we have lots of friends in the oil field.

Ching, I have more cards I want out of my space. PM me you address again in case I can't find when I put it, and I will get them in the mail to you.

Kelly, what a fun day! Dress shopping and Panera Bread. Wish we had one of those (PB) in my town! My youngest granddaughter modeled her new prom dress for us at the Oscar party! It was gorgeous!

Lou, I sure hope the doctors can find an answer for your son. Stomach issues are no fun! In our family, we always loved summer baseball so I understand the excitement about sports.

Kim, you are discovering the truth about design team work! Unless you are working with images you love, sometimes it is just work and takes all the joy out of creating.
I have found my true niche with Kitchen Sink Stamps and have been with them for 9 years. I will be with them until they run me off. Maria has been so wonderful to me and their images are so unique.

Sami, glad you are feeling better. I know what you mean about stamping with friends.
I will travel 100 miles to be with my stamping group in April. Can't wait!

Jeanette, I am glad that your first workshop went well. I know the second one will be even better with your tweaks. I am tied to the washer and dryer today with table clothes from the funeral. I have a meeting at the church at 1:30 and hope to have them all cleaned and folded to take back with me then.

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 03-02-2016, 07:35 PM   #400
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello from Illinois- we are back from Texas- we visited family NE of Dallas, went to Austin, San Antonio and then a small town Marble Falls. We sat in the airport all afternoon because of icing issues in Chicago. We were supposed to leave at 1PM, and got on the plane at 7PM..... I was able to get around to blogs- as I did not have much blogging time in Tx.... You are sure a talented group : )

Yes- Lynn is so right- I quit all DT's for a spell, too much going on and it was not fun, plus, I have too much unused stuff.... I am really trying to use what I have, but still caved and bought a few new things this month- a die, a Misti and some sequins.

I did read up to date on this thread and wish all well- I have been on the phone with family all evening and have to get off of the computer. Thanksgiving wishes to my 9 yr old nephew- he got news that he was 5 years cancer free today.

Heading to Dubuque, Iowa tomorrow to see Stephanie- will be back late Friday night : ) We are supposed to get snow here tomorrow, so may be interesting.

Waving hello to all
Shelly