Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #41
Kookie Creator

Just a quick aside...the reason why the original link didn't work for scrappinvt is that she has two "s"'s. Her link is [url]www.scrappinvtsscrappinstampinspot.blogspot.com[url]

Hope that helps!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #42
Insane Embellisher

Hmm. . . I'm having trouble with http://www.scrappinvtstampinscrappin.com/ too!

I added it as the "link list" gadget instead of the "blog roll" one and it still didn't work. Any other ideas?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #43
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by alliohranView Post

I added it as the "link list" gadget instead of the "blog roll" one and it still didn't work. Any other ideas?
If you go back to page 1 post 32, you will find the corrected address for Pat.

HTH

Stampin Up Demo 9/08
Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #44
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I've got everyone added (including Pat's correct one!). You all do such great work. I have lots of inspiration ideas now! Thanks for all the sweet comments as well!

My Blog: Did You Stamp Today? | Fab Friday Challenge Blog
Old 05-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #45
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by alliohranView Post

Apparently I needed to update the thread before I commented.

Anyway, I fixed my link too!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #46
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinvtView Post
Ok I got rid of the domain name. I don't think it made much of a difference anyway . try this & see if it will work.
http://scrappinvtsscrappinstampinspot.blogspot.com/
Did you get your domain name from a third party or through blogger? If it was through a third party, like GoDaddy, then you have to change your DNS settings so that the domain name is redirected to your blogspot name.

I don't know all the technical stuff on that, I just know that it needs to be done from previous experience. If you did get your domain name from a third party, they should have instructions on their site or customer service should be able to help.

I didn't think about it being a domain name issue, otherwise I would have mentioned it before.

Kym

There are no mistakes in scrapbooking, only opportunities for embellishments!

Last edited by ishlala; 05-12-2010 at 10:48 AM..
Old 05-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #47
Polyshrink Goddess

I've got Pat's working on mine too! I do see that when I listed her blog, an s is left out, which doesn't make sense because I copy and pasted it. Not sure what was up, but I'm glad it is working now so that everyone can visit her blog! If no one can come up with a name, I'll try to think of a couple and we can pick which one we like best.
I'm wondering if any of you would be interested in different activities for our group? Possibly challenges or blog hops? Would anyone be interested in having a Yahoo group where we can chat and get to know each other better? Just let me know and I'll get things started up! I think this is going to be fun!!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #48
Glitter Guru

I am blog dumb however, so if someone could PM me on how to add your blogs to my blog, I use typepad! I am going to do my best to work on my blog and get some things going on it!
Angie~Jeremiah 29:11
My blog: http://angieannastamps.com/
https://facebook.com/stampingwithangie
Old 05-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #49
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandria21View Post
I've got Pat's working on mine too! I do see that when I listed her blog, an s is left out, which doesn't make sense because I copy and pasted it. Not sure what was up, but I'm glad it is working now so that everyone can visit her blog! If no one can come up with a name, I'll try to think of a couple and we can pick which one we like best.
I'm wondering if any of you would be interested in different activities for our group? Possibly challenges or blog hops? Would anyone be interested in having a Yahoo group where we can chat and get to know each other better? Just let me know and I'll get things started up! I think this is going to be fun!!
How about a monthly card swap? Challenges would be good too. Yahoo group would be great if everyone can have time for it. I know everyone gets busy with the summer coming on. I'm game for about anything really.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08
Old 05-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #50
Crimping Master

I am the only one in Canada out of our group so I think a monthly cards swap might be abit pricey for me. But, if you all want to go ahead with it and leave me out, I won't be offended at all! Just post them on your blogs so I can see!

I would be game for a yahoo chat group, never done it before though. Also, I should maybe mention that I will be away for 3 weeks this summer so my blog will be out of commision from June 18th - July 12th. I am going to Greece and Turkey! Really excited as I have never been to Europe before.

Anyway, let me know what you all decide. I am game for anything on-line, just no mailing stuff for me. Canada Post is a total ripoff!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #51
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandria21View Post
LOL-I was thinking this morning how cool it would be if we could do a blog hop sometime. A yahoo group would be great too!

I know a monthly swap doesn't sound like a lot but, for me, it might be a bit much. I am going back to college in June (scary!!), while still being a single Mom and working full time. Getting out the door in the morning with everything I need for the day can be a challenge sometimes, let alone a box of swaps to mail. How about a bi-monthly swap???

Kym

Old 05-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #52
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharileaView Post
I am the only one in Canada out of our group so I think a monthly cards swap might be abit pricey for me. But, if you all want to go ahead with it and leave me out, I won't be offended at all! Just post them on your blogs so I can see!

I would be game for a yahoo chat group, never done it before though. Also, I should maybe mention that I will be away for 3 weeks this summer so my blog will be out of commision from June 18th - July 12th. I am going to Greece and Turkey! Really excited as I have never been to Europe before.

Anyway, let me know what you all decide. I am game for anything on-line, just no mailing stuff for me. Canada Post is a total ripoff!
How cool!!! Hope you have a great time. I have not been to Europe myself, so hope you can share lots of pictures when you return.

Just an FYI....IF you have time before you leave, save posts with different date and time stamps and then they will post to your blog at the times you specify.

Kym

Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #53
Polyshrink Goddess

I probably wouldn't do card swaps either, just because it's a pain to go to the post office with my kids. Every now and then I do swaps, but not very often. I definately think blog hops are a good idea. It could be like a virtual card swap

I'll set up a yahoo group tonight for us. If you can, send me a pm with your email address and I will send you an invite to join the group. That way we can keep it closed and other people won't be able to join without being invited.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #54
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishlalaView Post
How cool!!! Hope you have a great time. I have not been to Europe myself, so hope you can share lots of pictures when you return.

Just an FYI....IF you have time before you leave, save posts with different date and time stamps and then they will post to your blog at the times you specify.

Kym
What a great idea! I'll have to figure out how to do posts with future dates. I probably just won't be able to comment on everybody elses blogs while I'm away. I'll make up for it later though!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #55
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharileaView Post
What a great idea! I'll have to figure out how to do posts with future dates. I probably just won't be able to comment on everybody elses blogs while I'm away. I'll make up for it later though!

When you start a new post, click on Post Options towards the bottom, when they open up, on the right hand side, there is a place to put in the date and time that you want it to post. Then just save it, and blogger does the rest.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #56
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishlalaView Post
When you start a new post, click on Post Options towards the bottom, when they open up, on the right hand side, there is a place to put in the date and time that you want it to post. Then just save it, and blogger does the rest.
Awesome thanks! I will give it a try when the time comes.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #57
Glitter Guru

I should of explained myself a little better about the card swap.....just one for one type thing. rotate the names each month so you wouldn't get the same person again. Sorta like a Card of the Month type thing. I belong to 2 other yahoo groups that do this, and it's really fun to get happy mail at least one time a month. I couldn't do a card swap type thing every month myself. So it would just be 1 for 1.

Did I explain that better?

Stampin Up Demo 9/08
Old 05-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #58
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTluvView Post
Man, just saw this today and was excited. I need the inspiration to get mine up and going again. Then read through and saw you girls were full already. Poo! Oh well, guess I will just have to stalk behind the scenes. Have checked out a few on the list and you guys do great work!
I was just thinking the same thing. A day late and a dollar short.....LOL

Great blogs ladies.

Honeybee's Stamping Hive --My Blog
Old 05-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #59
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelinscrapperView Post
I should of explained myself a little better about the card swap.....just one for one type thing. rotate the names each month so you wouldn't get the same person again. Sorta like a Card of the Month type thing. I belong to 2 other yahoo groups that do this, and it's really fun to get happy mail at least one time a month. I couldn't do a card swap type thing every month myself. So it would just be 1 for 1.

Oh.....I can totally do 1 card a month! I would be down for a card swap like that.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #60
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Default Moved to Blogs & Blogging

Hi Ladies! Congrats on your new SUO blogging group!

Now that you have completed/filled your roster, I'm moving this thread over to the blogs & blogging forum with all other similar blog-related threads. Have fun!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #61
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Now, that I can do! I think that's a good idea!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #62
Embossing Fanatic

I like the idea of 1 card a month. I was thinking maybe we could each take a turn once a month to post a challenge. I need ideas for cards & projects. I am mostly a scrapper, give me a 12x12 page & I have no problems, but give a 5.5 x 4.25 piece of cardstock & I am stumped. Just getting into card making. LOL. And I would join the yahoo group, although I find it confusing.

http://ascrappinnana.blogspot.com
Old 05-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #63
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I like the idea of 1 card a month. I was thinking maybe we could each take a turn once a month to post a challenge. I need ideas for cards & projects. I am mostly a scrapper, give me a 12x12 page & I have no problems, but give a 5.5 x 4.25 piece of cardstock & I am stumped. Just getting into card making. LOL. And I would join the yahoo group, although I find it confusing.
I think us taking turns each month on the challenge is a great idea! that way it would definately challenge all of us!

You'll get the hang of the Yahoo group pretty quick! It's pretty much just a message board that goes through your email and there are places you can upload pictures, make databases (for addresses and challenges) and put links. They are actually pretty neat. You can set it up so that you receive emails each time someone posts, a daily digest where it will send an email once a day (if there are more than 25 messages in one day, it will send an email for every 25) or special notices or nothing. So you can set it up so that it works for you! It will be a good place for us to talk about challenges we are going to have coming up and blog hops and all that good stuff
Old 05-13-2010, 05:43 AM   #64

I'm in for a yahoo group, challenges and sending a card out once a month....It's nice to have a reason to send someone a card who will appreciate it! I do agree that a real swap would be a bit much for me right now too.

A blog hop down the road once we get our feet under us would be a lot of fun. I always enjoy doing the other hops that are out there and seeing how everyone interprets the theme of the hop.

Alexandria- I'll PM my e-mail addy to you...

Old 05-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #65
Embossing Fanatic

Default SUO??

Can someone please tell me what that stands for? Thanks.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #66
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammyleeView Post
Can someone please tell me what that stands for? Thanks.
SUO = Stampin' Up! only
Old 05-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #67
Embossing Fanatic

Thank you.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #68

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattire7View Post
Hi Ladies! I just wanted to invite you to my challenge! Would love to see some SUO crafts in the entries! I am a member of a couple of blog groups here on SCS, but wanted to extend the invite to everyone! Hope to see some of your entries! Plus I have some really great prizes!

Thanks
Jenn
Cute blog! Are you a demo? I can't tell from your blog!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #69

[QUOTE=mandypandy;16686641]Cute blog! Are you a demo? I can't tell from your blog![/QUOTE

Thanks! No I am not a demo...have lots of friends who are!!! I just wanted to extend my invite to everyone in order to get a variety. It is also nice to be able to see a lot of different styles in one place! Keeps the competition fun!!!!

Hope to see you at my challenge!
P.s. Your blog is really cute too!
Fan Club Member
Technique Lovers Challenge Host (TLC)

Designing for: Really Reasonable Ribbon, Brand Ambassador for Perfect Paper Crafting, Dirty Dozen Alumni
Old 05-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #70
Glitter Guru

Anyone in this group able to help me figure out how to post your blogs on my blog? I use typepad and I am unsure what to do. Thanks!
Angie~Jeremiah 29:11
My blog: http://angieannastamps.com/
https://facebook.com/stampingwithangie
Old 05-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #71
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by angieh29View Post
Anyone in this group able to help me figure out how to post your blogs on my blog? I use typepad and I am unsure what to do. Thanks!
Sorry, I use Blogger so not sure how to do it in Typepad. Anybody else know?
Old 05-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #72
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Sorry, I use Blogger, too. I'm not sure how you do it in Typepad.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:24 AM   #73
Polyshrink Goddess

I just wanted to make sure that I have sent an email to everyone to join the yahoo group. If you sent me your email, but I haven't sent you an invitation, please send me a pm and let me know, along with your email again.
If you haven't sent me an email, but want to join our yahoo group, pm with email and I will send you an invite.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #74
Glitter Guru

I'm still around, just have had alot on my plate. I had wrist surgery, went on 1 vacation, had an open house and now I'm at a scrappin retreat until Thursday noon. I will get on blogs this weekend and comment. I will try and get something posted to my blog also.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08
Old 07-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #75
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelinscrapperView Post
I'm still around, just have had alot on my plate. I had wrist surgery, went on 1 vacation, had an open house and now I'm at a scrappin retreat until Thursday noon. I will get on blogs this weekend and comment. I will try and get something posted to my blog also.
Hope your wrist is feeling better soon. I've been awol myself! Been out of the country for almost a month now. Just got home and back to work yesterday. I plan on doing some crafting this weekend. Oh how I've missed stamping!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #76
Matboard Maniac

deleted