Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Let's Get to Know the Rubber Bombshells

Okay, everyone the kids are both occupied at the moment so I'll whip this out for everyone. Some of you said you'd feel more apt to answer the questions here than in an email. So here we go. For now let's start with 10 questions. We can each just post our responses. Have fun!

1. Are you married?/Children?
2. What's the name of the town you live in?
3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member?
4. Have you ever had to take a really big test more than once?(i.e. driver's test, or CBEST)
5. What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while stamping?
6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take?
7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick?
8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love(personality or physical feature)?
9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Okay, I'll go first. Here goes.
1. I am married with 2 kids(who are driving me nuts at the moment)
2. I live in Hollister California(South of San Jose)
3. I am a 2nd grade teacher
4. I barely passed my driver's test and had to take the CBEST(teaching test) twice. Math is not my best subject
5. I usually drink coffee if I'm scrapbooking, but if I'm stamping it makes me too jittery to color things in! Chocolate for both.
6. 5 things I would take to my island getaway- a variety pack of cardstock, a pair of scissors, a pack of stamping spots, tape, a tupperware container of my favorite stamps sets.
7. The circle cutter, box #2 for the BS, the matchbox die, the scalloped oval punch out of the occasions mini, and doctor's bag for the BS
8. I'm always looking for ways to make people happy.
9. I would love to go to Italy
10. I'm a people pleaser, even though I try to pretend to be a take it or leave it type of person.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

1. Are you married?/Children? yes with two kids
2. What's the name of the town you live in? LA
3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member? Intake Director for counseling center
4. Have you ever had to take a really big test more than once?(i.e. driver's test, or CBEST) driving test!!
5. What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while stamping? water, and whatever snack i have on hand
6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take? CB, cardstock, scrissors, stamping spots, and my atg
7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick? uhhh BS, scallopped punches
8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love(personality or physical feature)? both
9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? Uhhh Italy too
10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you? Im a very outgoing person, love to help everyone

Last edited by creatingisfun; 02-18-2009 at 10:42 AM..
Old 02-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

1. Are you married?/Children? yep, and I have 2 boys ( and my 18 yo brother lives with me)
2. What's the name of the town you live in? Gilbertsville
3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member? I am a teacher
4. Have you ever had to take a really big test more than once?(i.e. driver's test, or CBEST) Nope
5. What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while stamping? twizzlers, root beer barrels, and tea
6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take? Palette ink, cardstock, ATG, stamps, copics,
7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick? STAMPS
8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love(personality or physical feature)? I like to help people.. no matter what.
9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? anywhere where I did not have to share a bathroom with boys
10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you? I spent my tax refund money on stamps... I am easily enabled!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Here is mine

1. Are you married?/Children? yes, my daughter died so it is husband and dog

2. What's the name of the town you live in? Marietta

3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member? homemaker

4. Have you ever had to take a really big test more than once?(i.e. driver's test, or CBEST) No

5. What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while stamping? jelly beans

6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take? paper cutter/ craft knife, stamps, paper, copic markers, adhesive

7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick? Stamps and more stamps

8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love(personality or physical feature)?I like to inspire others.

9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? Italy

10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you? I want to tell people please take care of yourself.

Last edited by JazzyScrapper; 02-18-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Old 02-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

1. Are you married?/Children? Yes, 5 children 3 boys, 2 girls 13,11,7,6,2
2. What's the name of the town you live in? South Florida
3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member? SAHM
4. Have you ever had to take a really big test more than once?(i.e. driver's test, or CBEST) Can't think of any
5. What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while stamping? Nothing
6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take? Paper, Cutting Board, Stickies, CB, Stamps
7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick? Nesties, CB folders, stamps, paper, punches
8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love(personality or physical feature)? HMMM! You really want to know?
9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? TO visit my family.
10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you? I love helping people, and I love teaching young children.

The Paper Gourmet
Old 02-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning peoples,

Here are my responses....

1. Are you married?/Children? I am married. Have been since January 1986 to Neil. We have two children. Magella (girl) who is 21 and Ashley (boy) who is 19.
2. What's the name of the town you live in? Koumala. It is known as the community of Koumala…too small for a township let alone a town.
3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member? I am an ex primary school teacher. I now do all the books for our farm (sugar cane), and run my own small (very small) stamping business (Non SU)
4. Have you ever had to take a really big test more than once?(i.e. driver's test, or CBEST) I do not know what CBEST is, but do know I would have died failing ANYTHING!...so that would be no.
5. What's your favourite thing to eat or drink while stamping? I don’t eat and drink whilst stamping….If I have visitors, then maybe we would put some lollies out.
6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take? Cardstock, Tape, Stamps, Inkpads, Guillotine (geez, I got to 5 without getting to the interesting stuff!)
7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick? Maybe a set of Copics that everyone is raving on about at present, More Nesties- I am a big fan of nesties, more rubber- gotta have that smell of new rubber going on!, Piercing templates – nice simple, easy ones, so my piercing would look more professional, Every colour of H2O as the business who makes them have just announced they are closing and I so love my H2O’s!
8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love (personality or physical feature)? Won’t be a physical feature that I can tell you! I am a very generous person. I share a lot and I am usually the organiser in chief when it comes to making someone’s day a special one.
9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? Straight back to the South Island of New Zealand! Such a gorgeous place and so geared to the tourist. Hope it snows next time though, so I can play in it.
10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you? What a difficult question! Oh I know….I love stamping. I am totally addicted and have been for many, many, many years! I love how there is no possibility of becoming bored…just far too many things to try out!

Cheers
Old 02-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Ok here are my responses!

1. Are you married?/Children? Not married, one child a son

2. What's the name of the town you live in? Boonsboro

3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member? Data Entry clerk.

4. Have you ever had to take a really big test more than once?(i.e. driver's test, or CBEST) Nope, I passed my drivers test on the first try and I have no clue what a CBEST is, lol.

5. What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while stamping? Either hot camomile tea or mt. dew, I try not to eat anything while I stamp because it usually ends in disaster, lol.

6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take? All of my stamps, all of my paper, all of my ink, my copics, and glue whatever kind I have the most of.

7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick? I want the Big Shot, and 4 new stamp sets but I haven't seen a catty in a long time and I can't look at one right now because I will have the I needs, and it never ends well for my checking acct.

8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love(personality or physical feature)? My personality, I am fun and a people pleaser.

9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? If I could go anywhere right now it would be to the virgin islands because it is probably a whole lot warmer there than it is here and I have never been there.

10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you? I am fun and try to do the best at everything that I do.

That was fun, but if you want to know more you will have to ask!

Trina
Old 02-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Just thought I'd let everyone know what the CBST is. It's a standarized test that all california teachers have to take before they can be certified to teach. I'm loving looking at everyone's responses. Michelle loved your response about the favorite feature not being something you could tell us. I thought the same thing for myself but didn't think people wanted to hear that I liked my boobs!Ahh! There I said it out loud.heeh.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

1. Are you married?/Children? Married 8 yrs with 2 girls - 3 and 2

2. What's the name of the town you live in? Littleton

3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member? WAHM Business Administrator

4. Have you ever had to take a really big test more than once?(i.e. driver's test, or CBEST) No

5. What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while stamping? Water & Chocolate - Preferably Jr. Mints

6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take? Bella Stamps, Copics, Cardstock, Nesties, Scor-pal

7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick? Circle Nestie Group, Box of Copics, Ticket Punch, Humor in High Heels Set

8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love(personality or physical feature)? Ask me about flaws and I can give you plenty! This not so much.

9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? Europe

10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you? I love kickboxing
Old 02-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

1. Are you married?/Children? no and no
2. What's the name of the town you live in? Montgomery County
3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member? Full Time Office Manager and Full Time RN student
4. Have you ever had to take a really big test more than once?(i.e. driver's test, or CBEST) Nope! I am due to take the NCLEX in June or July and I hope I only take it once!
5. What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while stamping? I like to drink hot tea or coffee and eat cheese sticks
6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take? Well since I have all my nestabilities and cuttlebug accessories in one bag, that bag would be one item. I would also bring one bag of inks, one bag of stamps, one bag of paper and a bag of all the embellishments and punches I could fit
7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick? Some stamps and the marker sets I don't have
8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love(personality or physical feature)? My friends say I have a great sense of humor
9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? Copan, Honduras
10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you? I am chronically late for almost everything.

Please check out my little gallery and blog!
Fan Club Member
Old 02-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone else have those dreams where you have only a matter of minutes to grab whatever card stuff you need before your house is destroyed. I assume my kids and hubby are all safe outside already so I run around in a panic about what to grab. Just had to throw that out there.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh that is so funnY!
I havent had that dream yet, but i have had dreams where im stuck on making a card and im really frustrated on what colors to pick. lol
Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I have actully given that pause for thought...Like I know I will never be flooded out...but fire or cycloned out are different matters....I just wouldn't have big enough arms to stash all the expensive items in one arm bundle...but makes a good image when dreaming that I am wonder woman and CAN get all my prize (and expensive) stuff out in the one go.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgtoyaView Post
Does anyone else have those dreams where you have only a matter of minutes to grab whatever card stuff you need before your house is destroyed. I assume my kids and hubby are all safe outside already so I run around in a panic about what to grab. Just had to throw that out there.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:45 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

1. Are you married?/Children? Married with two DDs Samantha (4) and Elizabeth (6)
2. What's the name of the town you live in?
3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member? Currently SAHM, but have an interview on Monday for CEO of a province-wide charity
5. What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while stamping? Hazlenut Latte
6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take? My ink caddy (full of course), Baroque Motifs, Simply Said, adhesive, and tons of paper
7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick? Trendy Trees, Bird on a Branch, Branch Out, Rockabilly Paper, some new ribbon
8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love(personality or physical feature)? I am very loyal and caring
9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? On a mediterannean cruise
10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you? I don't know... I can't eat bananas because they give me wicked migraine-like headaches that last for days. Because I am so loyal and caring, I expect the same from others and get easily hurt by fairweather friends.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I expect the same from others and get easily hurt by fairweather friends.

I hear you there. I'm the same way. It's almost like sometimes I secretly want people to do all the little things for me that I do for them. But, it usually never happens. Doesn't stop me from doing nice things for other though it's just what make me, me.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitsy73View Post
3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member? Currently SAHM, but have an interview on Monday for CEO of a province-wide charity
Best wishes on your interview tomorrow!

Please check out my little gallery and blog!
Fan Club Member
Old 02-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Rubber Room Resident

1. Are you married?/Children? Yes, we have one 11 year old son, Billy.
2. What's the name of the town you live in? Bellevue
3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member? I'm a stay at home mom.
4. Have you ever had to take a really big test more than once?(i.e. driver's test, or CBEST) Embarassingly enough I failed my first written Washington driver's license test. I didn't think I had to look at the book but I was wrong!
5. What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while stamping? Coffee or diet Pepsi
6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take? white cardstock, black ink, Prismacolor pencils, and I guess that leaves 2 stamps.
7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick? Some of the Big Shot dies, the doctor bag to put them all in, a new alphabet set, the circle cutter, and the tabletop paper cutter.
8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love(personality or physical feature)? That I am happy every day and am thankful for my many blessings.
9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? Home to NJ to see the new baby in the family.
10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you? I have always been on the shy and quiet side but have become a little less so since I took up stamping and have met so many wonderful new friends through this hobby.

Joanne

www.sleepyinseattle.net
Old 02-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Joanne...meeting up with other stampers is the best thing the shyness!!!! I have seen it so many times. I think we all feel so comfortable with other stampers...must give off a really good aura or something!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Bumping this up!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:42 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChallenorView Post
Best wishes on your interview tomorrow!
Thanks, the interview went well...it was just a screening with the recruiter, but that's a start! I won't hear back about the next step for 2 weeks!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:44 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgtoyaView Post
I hear you there. I'm the same way. It's almost like sometimes I secretly want people to do all the little things for me that I do for them. But, it usually never happens. Doesn't stop me from doing nice things for other though it's just what make me, me.
That's exactly me Merrigrace. I couldn't have explained it any better.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

i finally found this yay!!!!!

1. Are you married?/Children? yes married 2 children
2. What's the name of the town you live in?St Austell
3. What's your job besides being a fab. Rubber Bombshell member?sahm su demonstrator
4. Have you ever had to take a really big test more than once?(i.e. driver's test, or CBEST)drivers test 3 times but it's a bit different here in the uk to the us
5. What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while stamping?I don't while stamping i'm a bit of a clutz and usually spill it
6. If your were stranded on an island and could only take 5 stamping items with you what would you take?my stampin scrub my colluzle scissors, markers and a stamp set don't know which one though sorry
7. If Shellie(or another stamp co.) called tomorrow and said you could pick any 5 things out of the catalog for free what would you pick?first i'd check which catalogue (knowing my luck it wouldn't be the fab US one) ours isn't very big i think, silver hodge podge, and stamps from our new min which i can't find right now to tell you which one's they are.
8. What's the one thing about yourself that you love(personality or physical feature)?mmmm my hair maybe
9. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?somewhere warm and dry or to bed either would do at the moment
10. What's one thing you'd like everyone to know about you?I like to laugh which is handy as it's usually at myself.

My Blog