Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-30-2019, 09:54 PM   #3761
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

I slept like BABY Last night, and woke up with itchy, itchy eyes, etc....decided today is the day...I drove over to the allergist and got my (2) allergy shots, then stopped at Walmart. I snuck into Tuesday Morning on the way home as well.....been cooped up too long! Had to nap when I got home!!!

After the nap, I started created in the craft room, and the Scan and Cut has a huge black streak after scanning..... So, I googled the issue- could not really find anything, so went off to You Tube....a couple of hours later, and viola- I found a video with the issue and how to fix it. I hope it works!

DSLR camera yesterday, Scan and Cut today.....wonder what is next? LOL In the hospital, we always said things happen in 3's. (And, they did).

Tuesday Morning had Sissix Sidekicks- look like Big Shots- for $50.00 I decided if my Big Shot breaks, I am going to order a Gemini..... (It makes a noise if you crank it backwards, so can only cut in one direction.....)

Jeanette, when does your daughter arrive? Anything fun or special planned?

Kelly- When my twins were little, their cousin Wes (6 months older than them) would get jealous when Grandma Schmidt held them- his mom- that was OK, but Grandma was his!!! How special to be so interactive with that sweet beautiful baby!

Lynn- safe travels to your conference! I used to travel with a friend that did not sleep much, she would get up and go in the bathroom (of the hotel room) and read. I would sleep through it. I need my sleep! No, I have never actually seen one of those before. Do you find yourself....not concentrating and having to rewind it to hear a page???

Susan, beautiful day here today and tomorrow- hope you are soaking up this sun and NO rain!!! Did you bring any crafty stuff to do???

Shelly
Old 05-31-2019, 05:20 AM   #3762
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Shelly - I slept like a baby, too... and late! EEK! Of course, mine was drug-induced sleep, but I guess that's okay. I'm not in as much pain this morning. LOL! Now about your "outing" yesterday - I thought you weren't released to drive yet? Did I miss something??? Sounds like you had fun! Our DD comes on Tuesday - she actually lands in St. Louis at 12:24 AM... my that is early! Her dad is going to pick her up and I'll be sleeping when they get home. How's that for a welcome home party? She did make it safely to Montana yesterday, so she's in the lower 48 now.

Lynn, I hope your trip will be fabulous! You will be missed!

Kelly, your house is going to feel vacant with two gone... nah! I guess there will still be lots of happiness, laughter, joy, and such.

Susan, when do you come home?

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-01-2019, 03:25 AM   #3763

I count myself lucky to have friends like you!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-01-2019, 10:00 PM   #3764
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

I am up late again- the neighbors had a party for their youngest- turning 21....we have watched him grow up from baby to now!

Katie is home- had a wedding for one of her high school friends- very nice and she is home and in bed now. Just like when they were younger, I am up until they are home and safe!

I have been playing with my Scan and Cut quite a bit- I learned how to clean the screen if it has streaks on it- and it does- there was a piece of Washi stuck inside on the scanner. Now, I am playing around with blade depth. I cut out a bunch of images, and I have to admit, I like to color images and then cut them out....but saw a video by Jennifer McGuire where she tapes the images to her mat- going to try that now that I have all of these images cut out!

I had better get to bed, I have a wedding shower tomorrow afternoon- another neighbor.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!!!

Jeanette- the doc said I could not drive if I took ANY muscle relaxants or pain meds. So, I just decided I was done! And, to tell you the truth, I am more active not taking them and feel better the more I do! SO MUCH BETTER than before surgery! Glad I had it! HUGE thanks to all of you for listening and supporting me through it- so very much appreciated!

Shelly
Old 06-02-2019, 05:19 AM   #3765
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello my sunny friends!

I'm home with another migraine today - these are getting awful. I wish I knew why - I wake UP with them! I have always had them, they went away, now they are back....

The Kid is home from all events - at least until a few hours, lol! The Orlando trip was so-so - he said it was hot, lots of confusion in his group but still a good time! The dance was hoppin! Now today he has back to back pool/birthday parties ...... to which I say - Where is my weekend!?! LOL!!

Alice is officially ready for some pork chops! The baby now has ........ 5 teeth! Almost 6! Gracious ...... every day we wake up, there's a new one. She is truly such fun.

We've been purging, unboxing, reboxing SO. MUCH. STUFF!! We're having our HUGE garage sale on Saturday - and so I would'nt change my mind, I put it in the paper. Oh my - the phone is ringing nonstop and texts left and right. What are you selling? It's in the ad! Are you selling the HOUSE, too? Uh, NO!

Shelly, sounds like you are getting settled and healing up nicely. Be careful out there, my friend. Let yourself rest! YAY for Katie being home! Not too much longer and you'll be seeing that sweet grandson!

Waving to everyone!
Old 06-03-2019, 03:04 AM   #3766

Shelly, how was the weekend? I hope you had a great time with your DD and grandpup there! And YAY for being able to ditch the pain meds and fly the coop (okay, drive, but it must have felt freeing!)

Kelly, UGH! I hate that you're dealing with migraines. I hope you're better soon! Sweet little Alice has almost 6 teeth - I say celebrate with something (maybe not pork chops, but something.) LOL! I hope your sale goes well, but sheesh! People need to stop calling.

Waving to Lynn (hope the trip's great!) and Susan (enjoying the cabin!)... miss you both but hope you're doing well and having a great time!

It's going to be a great Monday here - a bit of cleaning, a bit of creating; then we're off to St. Louis! Our DD is flying in just after midnight, so we've booked a hotel near the airport. YAY! I get to see my DD soon!!! (It's been a year; the hazards of having a daughter who lives in the bush of Alaska.)

Sooooo.... if I don't pop in here some time later today, you'll likely not see me until Wednesday. (I'm not sure what time we'll get home tomorrow.)

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-03-2019, 05:32 AM   #3767
Stampin' Fool

HELLO!!! Iam taking no chances that the internet might kick me off and I lose all I typedso I'm typing in Word. Plus I can playaround with font, color and size. LOL
No I'm not at the cabin…although there were nocabin issues and I visited sissy with wine, DH (who had bronchitis before weleft and was on zpack) got worse. So wemade the trip home Thurs so he could see his own Dr that was treating him inthe first place. We drove straight to Droffice where when they took his temp it was 103.6. YIKES. Heprescribed some super antibiotics and an inhaler and sent him to hospt forchest x-rays . X-ray turned out neg forpneumonia so I guess it's just a severe case of bronchitis. He has been hacking all weekend. He says he feels better as far as not havingfevers and the hacking has lessened a bit.

As usual SCS did not remind me that there werepost here so I forgot to check in….sorry. I've been playing. LOL I know ….some nurse maid I am right? Hubby sick and Friday night I take off toCindy's for a visit then Saturday back to Cindy's where the other 3 ladiesshowed up and we crafted the day away. Then Yesterday I went and saw Aladdin with DIL and kids. Then last night I was in craft room making athankyou card. Today out to run errandsand then?????? Who knows…maybe morecrafting? Or at very least check out allyour blogs and maybe post something on mine heeheehee. Not sure when we are returning tocabin..maybe later this week? Have tosee if DH keeps getting better.
Jeanette safe travels again. How wonderful to finally spend time withDD. Is Brock excited? How long will she be here? Any exciting plans while she's visiting?
Shelly so glad to hear you were able to stop medsand that you feel better too! Did youfind anything good at Tuesday Morning? Ineed to go check them out again but too lazy to drive out to Fox RiverGrove. Sounds like you're enjoying yourScan and Cut. I have one of theoriginals and don't use it nearly as much as I should but much prefer it overmy Cricut which has sat unplugged for at least 2 years. Lol. As far as crafts. Brought some supplies up to the cabin so thatI may (just may) start a junk journal. Just because. Lol. Alsobrought a new book I want and need to read for book club in July. It's called Where the Crawdads Sing. I think that’s the name…book is still atcabin.
Kelly sorry to hear of migraines. I have had them since my early 20's. When I entered menopause they got worse andDoc finally put me on Propranolol which cut them down from 15 a month to about3-4 a month. He also gave me Maxalt sowhen I wake up and feel the migraine starting I take the Maxalt and within an hourit's gone. So much nicer than the 24 hrlength they usually last.
Lynn are you still on your trip? Can't wait to hear what you've been up to.
Well looks like I've written a book heeheehee. So I'm gonna go run my errands etc. Check with you all later.

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Old 06-04-2019, 04:53 AM   #3768
Stampin' Fool

Good Morning!!! Not going to write a book this morning so maybe I won't get kicked off internet. lol
Jim's feeling better and if he continues we will consider heading back up to the cabin. Didn't do much yesterday. Went out for grocerys cuz if we're stuck here we may as well eat right? Maybe today I'll craft a bit

Waving to all of you!

Old 06-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #3769
Stampin' Fool

Boy oh boy....where is everyone???? Today I worked on tag slip pockets to use on tags. Confusing right? lol

Old 06-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #3770
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Susan! And everyone! Susan, are you talking to yourself? It's okay - I do it all the time, LOL!

Sounds like you are really getting things done - and guess what! You will LOVE crawdads sing! It was a favorite of mine last year and just such a great read! I was on twitter talking about the book when Delia Owens (author) tweeted back to me saying thanks so much! Gah! I was star struck!

2 more days of school!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. The Kid was gone all day Friday on the trip, all day Saturday at the dance/hanging with friends. Tomorrow he has an awards ceremony at night for a special award taht we have NO IDEA what it is. He was just told to be at the school at night. I'm so curious! He also has 2 parties on the last day of school, same time, different friends and has to decide which one ......... I'm down for just going to the beach and forgetting them - ahaha!

My daughter should be home Thursday- she has had a fabulous time but says it's HOT up there!

I'm looking forward to getting crafty again - soon! So many cards piling up! One day!

Hugs, ya'll!
Old 06-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #3771
Stampin' Fool

Not unusual for me to be talking to myself...lol I do it all the time especially when I need expert advise. heeheeheehee
Busy busy in the Santi household as usual. Yay for school being out soon. Ours ended May 23rd so they have been out for nearly 2 weeks now here. But that means they also start up again about August 12th...UGH Just when summer gets warm!
Maybe DS can divide and conquer between parties. Enjoy next few days and let us know why he needs to be at school early. Special award being received I'm sure.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:39 AM   #3772
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry to leave you here all alone, Susan!! But I plan to catch up on all that I missed here later today.

Yes, I'm back and had a wonderful weekend!! See us below:

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 06-05-2019, 03:14 AM   #3773

I know I'm going to enjoy mine - our DD is here!

Susan, I'm sorry your DH was so sick, but glad to hear he's doing better - and you're crafting away while he gets better so you can return to the cabin. Expert advice conversations - giggling!

Kelly, how exciting! I can hardly wait to hear what award your DS gets! And YAY for summer almost being here!

Lynn, WELCOME HOME! The pictures are fabulous!

I guess now that Shelly can drive again - she's out and about - and not here. I hope you're doing well, Shelly!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-05-2019, 05:25 AM   #3774
Stampin' Fool

Lynn love the pics. Looks like a fun time was had by all. But welcome home Missed you.
Jeanette welcome back as well. Is DD still visiting?

Old 06-05-2019, 05:43 AM   #3775

Hi Susan... DD will be in lower 48 about a month.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-05-2019, 06:04 AM   #3776
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Lynn - fabulous pictures!!!

Dashing by with a quick hello!
Old 06-05-2019, 10:16 PM   #3777
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

H there!

Had to get 2 sets of ATC's done, and trying to get ahead a bit before I leave for Colorado..... We'll see.
Took a dusk walk last night (Monday) at the Forest Preserve nearby- saw a huge Great Horned Owl- so exciting for us!!! It was quite a scene, even if it was a tiny bit dark- he must have raided a nest, or threatened one, because there were two birds chasing it.....!

What Jeanette said....LOL I am driving and out and about. I slept poorly last night apparently via fitbit,....... I did not wake up until 12:30! According to Fitbit, I was up quite alot during the night- no memory of it, but very little REM sleep- I noticed when REM is low I feel tired. LOL

I ran out and got bird food and accessories...hehe then, went out on a Forest preserve trail to get some steps in, then ran to get a couple of things at the grocery store, post office...etc I decided dinner was Almond butter and jelly, Ray had leftovers..... last night, Chipotle had BOGO if you brought in your nursing ID or license : ) Guess I will have to cook tomorrow!

Lynn, so glad you had a great weekend away! Hope you came home refreshed!!!

Kelly- 2 more days of driving?! Wahoo!!! Yes, please let us know what award Tony Jr gets!!! Very exciting!!!

Jeanette- if I am not mistaken, you are heading out tonight to St Louis to pick up your daughter! Wahoo! Will Brock expect to swim in the pool?

Susan, oh Susan- just saw the card you made your sisters friend- Goodness- what a beauty! How long did that take you???
How is your husband doing?

I had better go get night prayers dome and head to bed! Hubby is gona all day tomorrow (working) then golfing). I think there will be some crafting going on tomorrow!

Shelly
Old 06-06-2019, 03:47 AM   #3778

I'm later than usual this morning - because my DD got up early and the two of us have been chatting. I love having my girl here!

Shelly, we did head to St. Louis - and got DD - on Monday/Tuesday. She's here now... and we are leaving her Saturday morning. I tried to convince her to go to Birmingham Alabama with us (Annual Convention) but she's declining.

I saw Kelly dashing through, too - waving!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-06-2019, 05:02 AM   #3779
Stampin' Fool

Hi everyone
DH?...................Well.................Just when I thought he was feeling better (Tuesday) Wednesday morning came and he felt icky again. He says all cold symtoms have returned. Runny nose, plugged ears, slight sore throat and low energy. He's still on inhaler and antibiotic finished this morning. I don't get it. No idea why this just won't leave. Coughing is better and not as often so I guess that's a plus but you would think after 2 weeks on various meds he'd be much better. Aggrevating for sure.

Shelly made the flower card in the afternoon. Maybe took 3 hrs? Could probably be done alot quicker if I didn't have to make the flowers. lol So when do you actully leave for Colorado? Excited I'm sure. Baby is awaiting for those grandma arms.

Jeanette you don't need to jump in here. You go and enjoy every minute of DD's visit.

Might do some crafting today. Not sure tho. My fave to work on are Christmas cards and tags but my oh my after completing that "How many cards from a paper pack" I am now so so so ahead of my Christmas stuff needed. I could right now honestly say I have enough for this year and maybe start in the New Year. I might have to concentrate on paper crafts instead. Hmmmmmmm....................

Waving to Lynn and Kelly!
Have a great day ladies

Old 06-06-2019, 05:47 AM   #3780
Proud Fan Club Member

Susan, I am so sorry that your husband continues to suffer. It seems to me that nothing hangs on like a summer cold!! Keeping my fingers crossed that he turns the corner soon. I finally made ONE Christmas card yesterday so it will be a long while before I catch up with you.

Jeanette, what fun you must be having with your daughter there! I am sure you will do a lot of catching up before you leave and then jump right back in where you left off when you return!

Kelly, it's the LAST DAY of school!! I'm cheering for you!!! Go, go, go. The finish line is in sight!!!

Shelly, you amaze me with all that your are able to do following your surgery!! How awesome. Hope your sleep improves with each passing day.

This morning I am going to work on getting my stamping space cleared and organized. There should be a package arriving this afternoon with 10 new sets from KSS. Maria is releasing some of them specifically for Junkie Fest, and I am doing samples for her to take to Minnesota. Glad I got up early and got all of my personal tasks completed so I have the rest of the day to stamp.

Happy Thursday to you all!!

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:05 AM   #3781
Stampin' Fool

Lynn I'm pretty sure you will have no problem catching up with the Christmas cards. All of you ladies seem to be able to whip out alot in a short time. I see that by the blogs you all post and the groups you are all involved in. You are all so organized. I need to not only organize my stuff but my life as well. LOL Better manage my craft time. Any hints? How on earth do you all get cardmaking done for multiple groups you are in as well as post daily blogs or like Jeanette to also include posts on FB? I swear sometimes I can't even get 1 post on my blog a month. Thought I do try and when I have a few extra minutes I do try to start the typing but I swear I usually have like 3 drafts sitting there waiting for me to complete the project. lol Ok I'm off my soap box. hahahaha

Old 06-06-2019, 06:35 AM   #3782
Proud Fan Club Member

Susan, on my blog, I seldom if ever post more than the two cards required of me for the week. I don't know how Jeanette is able to keep up the every day pace. With all her travels, meeting, and family, I think she is Wonder Woman!

Being retired and having no one to answer to, helps a lot. I don't have the family obligations that the rest of you do. It isn't nearly as much fun and exciting, but it gives my life a slower pace with many empty hours to fill.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:21 AM   #3783
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends -- it's official, last day of school My son is heading to the first of 2 pool parties today - 2-5 pm at one, 5-10 at the other so not to offend/upset either friend that invited him and that core group of friends! He's so kind.

He won a prestigious award last night! Service Above Self - so proud of him! He's such a selfless, faith-filled wonderful boy. And I told him the gift card should be for me, hee hee - gas from back and forth and back and forth!

Lynn, I love that you are retired and loving life! I can't wait for peace and quiet -honestly - lazy days with nothing to do but whatever I want and no driving around all day in gridlock traffic!

I'm re-reading (for the 4th time) a Patsy Clairmont book that talks about life being crazy and topsy-turvy and finding balance. Refreshing!

I'll catch up ......... kinda in a funk. Not the best morning and I'm 'processing.'

Love you!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:18 PM   #3784
Stampin' Fool

Lynn we're retired here too but of course I do have more people to shuffle than you do. I too am amazed by Jeanette. She is SUPER WOMAN! We seem to have similar home lifes and yet she squeezes in traveling, meetings, blogs, multiple challenges, face book posts and heaven only knows what else. lol

Kelly you crack me up......peace and quiet???? Lazy days with nothing to do??? What are these strange things you speak about?? Does it exsist in this universe? Can you buy it? heeheeheehee
Congrats to little man/grown man! You must be proud. Hope your out of your funk...no way to start summer vaca.

Have been working on Loaded Pockets today. Filling them with little tags and tiny embellies. Realized how much easier it is to buy embellies instead of making them. Very time consuming. lol Oh well it kept me busy.

Waving to everyone.

Old 06-07-2019, 03:20 AM   #3785

Super Woman here... just kidding. I am anything but that. You ladies gave me a great big grin though. Sheesh! You should have seen me scrambling at 10:15 last night to throw a card together because somehow I messed up the theme and the card I'd made was not going to work. LOL! Life is rarely dull here!

Kelly - WOO HOO! Your DS deserves that award, I always love hearing of the many ways he is a blessing to others! You have an amazing young man and it's good that others see/recognize that, too! (((HUGS))) - praying today is a BETTER day!

Susan, I'm sorry your DH is still not doing well. He needs to get better pronto... spider webs and dust bunnies might start accumulating at the cabin if you don't get back there soon, right?

Lynn, how are the samples coming along... you will do an amazing job with them! I hope you enjoy the inky time!

Shelly, so today is the day DH is gone all day? I think that's what I understood anyway. I can just picture you getting all creative... but don't forget to stop for lunch, okay? A crafting woman needs her strength, you know.

FYI - I/we are leaving early tomorrow morning to go to our national convention. We'll not get home the end of next week... so unless I pop in later today, you'll not see me again here on SCS until we get back.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-07-2019, 10:34 AM   #3786
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Daytime dropin! Yesterday DH was gone all day. I did not wake up until 11:30, read email, organized a bit...then my sister called- over 2 hours on the phone. I did not get crafting done as I wanted too, but did make a couple of quick cards. I had a bit of pain and I did not want to sit too much. (Which, by the way, is much better today). And, I did not forget to eat. Some people eat to live, I live to eat! LOL

Jeanette- safe travels! Your daughter picked the right month to be home- hopefully Mother Nature continues to bring us nice days with lots of sunshine!

Oh Kelly, so wonderful for Tony to win that award! Wahoo! And, we will be curious now to hear what he spends his gift card on!

Susan- I have to make a list of what days I need to make cards for which group and cross them off as I go..... I also have commented to Jeanette on how much stamping she does! I definitely cannot keep up! I signed up for coloring classes- cannot keep up with those either, well- when I can sit longer, I will get to it!
Hope hubby can shake his darn cold or virus or whatever he has!
Do you watch the little ones in the summertime?

Lynn, yes, saw your pictures on the internet of you at the conference! And, glad to hear KSS is coming out with new stamps- so many of the smaller companies are not thriving.... and I do not have many of the KSS stamps, but so love how realistic they look.

OK- off to do something.....have to be productive today!

Shelly
Old 06-08-2019, 04:54 AM   #3787
Proud Fan Club Member

It seems that my KSS stamps are hung up in Denver. Lucky for me one of my friends here in town is also on the Kitchen Crew and we worked together sharing her stamps. Maria has been showing sneek peeks on FB for the last couple of days. If you have seen them, you know she is releasing a bunch of masculine designs which I am thrilled about!

I will be posting my creations on my blog on Monday.

Shelly, I am happy that you got some crafting time in and plan to do more today!

Looks like I missed Jeanette's send off! Know that she is having a fabulous time at the national convention.

Kelly, I hope you are sleeping in today, and don't have to get in the Jeep a single time!!

Susan, keep stuffing those pockets!! I love the wonderful embellishments you create!!

Will get at least one more card ready for KSS for next week. Need to fix a dish for a church luncheon tomorrow.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #3788
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Just woke up from a NAP! Yes, a NAP I say! I haven't had one in years (I think?!)
It was just a culmination of 'too much stuff' and me finally crashing!

Oh Lynn, the Jeep most definitely won't be moving for awhile. It's under lock and key! Wednesday night, hours before the last day of school, someone tried to steal it! They busted open the top on the passenger's side, couldn't get in, sliced through the top of the driver's side, and got in They ransacked it, stole the radio and a few other things, and then tried to drive away BUT .............. although I'm still angry, kinda makes me smile .... he/she/they couldn't drive a stick shift! My husband came out, found the Jeep in the middle of the street, doors wide open, cars going around it, and said 'oh boy.' Long story short - they dusted the car, they know exactly who he is, and it's a sad case. 17 years YOUNG - in and out of the system, and apparently doesn't care who he hurts. Sigh. It's now locked away!

In happier news, YES!!! Its' SUMMER!!!!! I hope not to be behind in cards, I hope that the weeks ahead bring me some ME time (although Alice has changed most of that!) Today was our HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGE Garage sale - omgosh, we listed in the paper for 8 am and 7 am, knock knock knock knock! Horns beeping! You can't be serious!

We did VERY VERY well!!! All sales went to "Alice's college fund" and my daughter was so tearfully happy.

VBS starts Monday! I helped decorate on Thursday for the In the Wild and painted this gigantic elephant! That's about as crafty as I've gotten in weeks!

Jeanette, happy travels! I think I read your daughter stayed home so I hope you got a nice visit in before you left!

Susan - yes, no peace and quiet like ever around here but a mom can dream! I'm sorry your dh is still sick - could it be allergies? Something they are missing ... I'm glad you are so watchful and a great Florence Nightingale!

Shelly - yay for crafty time! Not too much longer and you'll be seeing some sweetness!

Heading to do some LONG awaited stamping ......... so so so behind in cards!

Hugs!
Old 06-08-2019, 03:49 PM   #3789
Stampin' Fool

Hi everyone. Seems DH is doing a wee bit better today. Maybe he's over the hump? We are packing the van and if all goes up hill we will leave Monday. I've gathered some stuff to make more pockets while up north and embellies. For sure it'll keep me busy inbetween the Antique stores. LOL you'd think I would have enough Antiques since I still have a ton of stuff that use to be my moms and grandmas yet alone my own stuff I never tossed from the 60's and 70's. A bit of a Antique horder I am. heeheehee. But seriously you can never have too much Milk Glass right?

Kelly with Alice around you won't be getting much crafting done unless its finger painting or crayon coloring. lol That nap must have felt good too. Sorry about the jeep. I don't get kids...such distruction. I did smile about him not being able to drive the stick. I learned to drive with a stick before an automatic. Even took my drivers test with a stick. Made sure DS learned that way too.

Shelly...no I don't have the kids during the summer. DIL is a teacher so she has summers off too. I so far am enjoying my new freedom until Aug 10th. Glad your feeling better. When is your trip? I keep forgeting.

Lynn masculine cards are so hard to come by. I can't wait to see what you create. Enjoy the luncheon tomorrow.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:14 AM   #3790
Proud Fan Club Member

Stamps finally got out of Denver and into my hands. I'll be rushing home from the luncheon to hit the stamp desk (which just happens to be an antique build by my greatgrandfather, Susan)!

I would love to visit antique stores with you!! The only true antique furniture I own are 4 pieces built by my greatgrandfather. He was an immigrant from Germany who did wood carving and built furniture. I have the desk, a sewing rocker, a buffet, and a gun cabinet which had a carved panther on top.

Hope your husband is feeling well enough to pull out for the lake in the morning, Susan! Safe travels and have a lot of fun!!

Good Sunday morning to Kelly, Shelly, and Jeanette, as well!!

Old 06-09-2019, 05:13 AM   #3791
Stampin' Fool

So happy stamps have arrived for you Lynn. Oh what treasures and memories you must have from your great grand dad. Those are truly more of a treasure than most antiques. Only a few of mine have stories but none are hand made. Except for a candle cabnet my DH made for me in the 70's of a reproduction one I saw once. But thats not really an antique. Sounds like it would be fun to have you as an Antiquing Buddy.

Another day of DH feeling better...fingers crossed. lol

Have a wonderful day

Old 06-09-2019, 05:44 AM   #3792
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, girls!

Thanks, Susan! As the officer said - just be glad you weren't WITH the vehicle when he decided he wanted it - apparently he's a hitter and likes to hit little old ladies. Makes me so angry and sad but God is bigger than any troubles!

Your antique furniture sounds like it's similiar to our wooden clocks and carved plates from Germany, Lynn. We have so many things brought back from there - our home is filled! Glad you got your stamps and I am sure some inking is in today's future for both of us!

My daughter wants to go kayaking later - but it's weather permitting (and if I'm up for it!)
Waving!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 06-09-2019 at 05:52 AM..
Old 06-10-2019, 07:18 PM   #3793
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Happy Monday!!!

I had a dentist appt today, then my cousin stopped by with some paperwork regarding family genealogy I let him copy. I wanted to make sure I have it back by the time we head to meet family in Ireland. I have a set of family info on ONE family member on Dad's Grandma's side (they had 10 kids), but it is pages and pages long. LOL If I meet people, it will be hard to know which family they are from with all of these big families! Plus, there are many other families!
I am going to simplify our tree so I can hand it to people in Ireland to keep. I also showed my cousin how IF you choose to, you can download your Ancestry info to GEDmatch and it matches with kits from 23&me, Ancestry, etc.. but NOT Family Tree (where my Dad's is). It is awesome to see all of the matches there. My highest matches are all from my Dad's Irish Ryan family. That side is on the West side of Ireland- have to go there sometime!!!

The weekend was very fun, we drove up to Williams Bay, Wisconsin (next to Lake Geneva) Saturday and drove back that night. It was fun and we were active, but I was flat on my back all day Sunday. We made it to 6PM mass though, so that made me happy.

We are leaving Thursday AM for Colorado, getting quite excited!!!

Susan, hope your hubby is better and you can get back up to the lake! I am always telling Ray, our retirement place needs to be on or really close to a lake!!!

Lynn and Kelly- wow- that furniture is really a cool family item to have! So cool!

Kelly- hope you can get out to Kayak with your daughter today! Yeah for naps! And, geepers about your jeep, and yes, glad you were NOT in it!

Good night all! It's an early one for me!

Shelly
Old 06-11-2019, 07:53 AM   #3794
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! second day of VBS and my daughter has her own classroom and my son is her "TA" - lol! They have a VERY quiet class - unusual! She always gets the rowdy ones The theme this year is In the Wild and they are loving the jungle. I have Alice every day this week (napping as I type!) and we've decided to have VBS of our own! I have a theme for every day this week ......... yesterday was Mermaid Monday, today is Tiger Tuesday (jungle theme), etc! She's a gem!

Oh Shelly - you must be SOOOOOOO excited! I know you'll have photos for us to oogle on FB and can't wait. They change by the day!

Thanks for the words on my Jeep and yes, you are correct!

My daughter leaves for the Turks and Caicos on Friday for 4 days (work trip) and I'm petrified out of my wits after seeing all that DR stuf going on! Yikes! And she leaves in August for a week to Canada. I really REALLY think she needs a chaperone - LOL!

Hope everyone is doing good!
Old 06-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #3795
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ........ hello ...... hello ............

That was an echo!

Waving before I tucky myself into bed - great book from my library haul and it's calling my name! Kitty is snuggled up - literally on my feet, no pun intended!

Good night ...... goodnight ..... goodnight ......... ♥
Old 06-13-2019, 04:54 AM   #3796
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi, Kelly!! I am barely able to escape from my craft cave. I am getting samples ready for Maria to take to Junkie Fest next week!!

Books are calling my name, too, but I can't escape to them!! After these cards are in the mail on Monday, relaxing and reading may get a little time, although I have a house full of company coming on Friday the 21st. Luckily my house keeper comes the Tuesday before!

I am so excited for you, Shelly!! Off to see and hold that precious bundle of joy! Can't wait to see more photos!!

Susan, hoping good health have set up shop in your home and you all are getting to enjoy your summer!!

Hi, Jeanette!! Looking for you to pop in any time now!! Hope the conference has been exceptional!!

Old 06-13-2019, 07:08 AM   #3797
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Lynn!

Love your update of busy-ness! Sounds like you are just what Maria needs to get ready for a junkie fest!

I know a couple of friends that are going this year and I am really looking forward to their thoughts and impressions of the event !

Alice is about to wake from her nap - today is Tropical Thursday!
Old 06-14-2019, 03:36 AM   #3798

We're home again - had a good trip. Now we're rushing around to get things ready for DH and DD to leave on their trip - TOMORROW! (They'll be gone for two weeks). Maybe I can "ketchup" while they're gone because right now I feel like I'm far far behind.

And now Susan is gone... Kelly is at her own version of Alice VBS (but it's summer vacation, so that's good!), Lynn is working frantically on DT cards, and Shelly is off to snuggle the newest member of the family!

You gals are busy busy busy!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-14-2019, 10:22 AM   #3799
Stampin' Fool

Just popping in for a quick check in. Rainy day here but went to local bar with sissy and did tye dying with a bunch of employees preschoolers. So fun. DH is still hacking but not as bad. Temps here are in lower 50's. Is it June? Weird went to open this page and it took me all the way back to the very first post. Ughhh I should have brought my laptop. Instead I have to deal with tablet and 1 finger typing. Such troubles...I know! Lol
Kelly how fun to do an Alice VBS theme. If I can get to the blogs I'll have to check them out. All I remember was that Tuesday was tigers. Let's see would Wednesdays be wombats? Thursday..Tick bird? Friday...frogs? Lol probably not but those would work right?
Lynn sounds like alot of fun going on in that craftroom.. Your company will be coming just as i am arriving home.
Shelly can't wait for pics. Enjoy that bundle.
Jeanette safe travels for dd & dh. What will your plans be?
Gotta go
Miss all of you.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:26 AM   #3800

Susan, I hope your time at the cabin is sweet and that your DH is well soon!

LOL! Funny you ask - I have my While-He's-Gone-To-Do-List ready... purging, sorting, organizing, creating... etc. I'll throw in some cleaning, too.... but not too much.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram