Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-22-2019, 03:35 AM   #3721
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanette, I do enjoy wrapping packages and now I have 15 gorgeous bows (removed from the empty packages) all ready for the next gift giving occasion. I would ship the wrapped boxes to you, but I doubt that Brock would be amused to open empty box after empty box!! I know his birthday gifts will be much more exciting.

I over worked my back with the church luncheon and have spent the last two days on my heated beanie bags trying to calm a pinched nerve. It seems to only give me trouble when I remove the heat or get up! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'm with you, Jeanette, about our talented Ms. Susan! What awesome folds she is able to master! If a card can't be finished in 15 or 20 minutes, it's too complex for me!

Kelly, hope the traffic is better today and you can be at the front of that Starbuck's line! When is school out there? In Texas it is kind of weird. Some are already out and some have to go a week into June. Every district gets to make their own calendar within reason. Enjoy your day snuggling with Alice!! I always love seeing her beautiful pictures! I have never had a lychee and am shocked by the gall of people coming into your yard to pick them!

Shelly, I hope your healing is going well and you are able to add more and more fun to your schedule! As you can see above, so far I have spent two days in the recliner and am looking at a third today!

Susan, your remarkable explosion boxes take my breath away!! What stunning creations!! I am not sure I love ANY one enough to do something that fabulous for them!! Well, maybe one or two!!!! It would take me forever!!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-22-2019, 03:57 AM   #3722
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear of your back issue, Lynn.... take care and get better! (((HUGS))) and prayers!

I think it might be comical to see Brock's face if/when he opened an empty birthday gift. LOL!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

allee's likes this post.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:23 PM   #3723
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Hello!!! Happy Hump Day : )

Ray took me to the doc yesterday- she said it is customary to see the primary doc about a week after surgery. (I call medical doc- thinkers, and surgerons- doers)...LOL SO far so good.

I was pretty tired after that outing, so rested once home. Hubby was gone in the evening, so I tried to do a few things in the craft room, but was dropping things and knocking stuff over, so I quit. I decided to move water coloring supply bag (pretty heavy- shame on me- moved it with my feet.....) out of the way and got out my Cameo. I figured out how to install and then had to figure out how to get the library installed... took me until 2AM, but success!!!

Today, did straightening on the 1st floor. Swept the floor, but cannot bend to pick up the piles of dirt/hair (mine).... My Aunt and my sister came at 4ish and we had dinner- remember that meatloaf I made before surgery? Yum! My sister made all of the sides- nice visit. We Skyped my other Aunt in Indy.

Oh no Lynn..... sitting is no good! Puts the most pressure on your back!
I follow these Physical Therapists on You Tube- this is a good video- is it muscles (pain like nerve pain but tight muscles) or is it the nerve:

They have video's for about anything you can think of!!!

Back pain with Sciatica
Do NOT do with sciatica:
You can search their video's too..... Doc says do not sit more than 20-30 minutes, then get up and walk or change position, then can sit again.

M Schmidt, RN signing out.....

Kelly- the Starbucks is so strong that 2 K cups do not equal? I do not drink coffee, but I know my mom and friends really love Starbucks like no other!

Jeanette- oh, I can just imagine kids opening an empty box...... you could tell him it is full of LOVE! So, what did Brock want for his birthday?

Susan, your cards- oh my- amazing!!! I think tonight was your big night- now we can see HP gift? And, I bet she was in Heaven!!!

Speaking of heaven,

Be still my heart!

Only, she posted he was wide awake at 2:30AM.....Oh, I want to hold that baby! Kelly, I can so see what you mean about putting the broom down (even that stamp) and holding that baby when she wants OMA!!!
It was 80 today- I got out and walked outside!!! So many neighbors were out! Blah, blah, blah! It was in the high 50's yesterday.....

Farmers in Northern Ill have gotten to that date- cannot plant corn- too wet and standing water in many of the fields. Down in Southern Ill, same story, but they have a bit more time with the warmer weather. God has a plan....

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 05-22-2019 at 08:47 PM..
Old 05-23-2019, 03:05 AM   #3724

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Oh Shelly - what a precious PRECIOUS little guy. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to not be able to get your hands on him yet. Soon.... keep getting better and better because there is snuggle time in your future!

Tee Hee! Brock's gift requests are always food related.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:10 AM   #3725
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Shelly, for all the back suggestions! It is not muscle pain, but nerve pain. I will watch and try the exercises you have posted and try to do less sitting.

Rowan looks so tuned into the world. Older and wiser than his few days of age!! What a precious child. I know your arms have to be twitching and itching to get a hold of him!!

You beat me here again, Jeanette!! You are so prolific with your card-making! Do you get a lot of it done in the early morning hours? It is my personal preference to get my stamping done early, early, early. And by that, I don't mean a week ahead. I am a terrible procrastinator. I usually stamp "the day due." I think that probably has to do with my cutting my stamping teeth on challenges here at SCS!

Kelly, did you and Alice have fun yesterday? I dare say you DID!!

Susan, I saw your amazing Harry Potter album on Facebook in the pictures of Tori's birthday party!! I can't wait to get a closer look on your blog!! It was amazeballs!! Truly a magnificent piece of work!

Today I am getting out for lunch with my friends and hope to do more craft organizing. There is always a better plan, it seems. Hope this one works for me. I got a rolling shoe rack (at Aldi's for $12.99) that holds 20 bins I got at the dollar store. I am going to sort my cards by theme into the baskets so I can just grab the one I need. Can I come up with 20 themes? Probably when I sort them by masculine and feminine, as well.

Wishing you all a fabulous Thursday!!

Old 05-23-2019, 05:01 AM   #3726

Hello Lynn... I'll try not to keep beating you, wouldn't want people to think I'm abusive.

No, my best time to make cards is in the evening. That's mostly what I do after supper until I head to bed.

I can't really do that in the early morning because I don't turn on lights. LOL! I do turn on my bathroom light, which is about 5 feet to the right of my computer desk - so I can see to be on the computer. I also tend to read in the early morning hours on my Kindle White. This morning I got up before 4:00 so I read for over an hour before I turned on the computer.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-23-2019, 05:12 AM   #3727
Proud Fan Club Member

I think you have identified my problem, Jeanette! Too much TV in the evenings!

Old 05-23-2019, 05:48 AM   #3728
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, I have been watching an hour's worth of videos and have 4 pages of notes. My pain is still in my butt so I think I can get some improvement pretty quickly with some of these suggestions. Thank you, thank you, thank you for introducing me to these guys!

Old 05-23-2019, 06:02 AM   #3729
Stampin' Fool

Quiet?????? That word is Not even in my volcabulary!!! lol Jeanette you know me so well.

Yesterday was quite loud here as we did Monday Family night dinner on Wednesday. It was Tori's birthday so it was Party Time. Ok .....small party just immediate family for her choice dinner of ......TACO'S!!! So Kelly we had Taco Wednesday instead of Tuesday. heehee. Tori was flipping out over her Harry Potter book. I was going to post pics here but looks like DIL posted on FB and I saw you guys gave it a thumbs up. Claire had me running all over the yard trying to spot deer. OMG she is obcessed with the deer. We need to take her to Deer Park in Wisc Dells where she can actually pet the deer. We took the other 2 so now it should be her turn.
Last day of school is tomorrow and we will be heading up north this weekend to finally open the cabin. Can't wait to spend some time up there for my peace and quiet (the only quiet in my life hahahaha) and visit with my sister.

Awww Kelly hope Alice is just teething and not getting just grumpy. All 3 of my grands breezed through the teething stage. Take after their dad...as a baby he smiled and I'd be like "Where did that tooth come from?". Easy breasy.

Hows it going Lynn.......talk about quiet.....lol

Shelly bet your getting antsy for that sweet baby. Boy you had a late night! But sounds like machine is all set up. Wasn't the weather yesterday PERFECT?? I loved being ouside even if I had to "Blow Bubbles" with Claire. Did you see the Potter stuff on FB? If not I'll post pics here later. Loved reading your update post and catch up. I seem to keep missing your posts. Not sure why but definately my fault for not going through all of them plus SCS keeps forgetting to inform me that I have new posts to read. lol

Have a great day ladies.now I'm off to re-check these post cuz it seems I missed Lynns. UGH Plus I need to check the blogs, get some packing done for cabin, and figure out tonights dinner.

See Ya

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Old 05-23-2019, 06:25 AM   #3730
Stampin' Fool

Oh Lynn so sorry about your back....Hope today is better. Especially since you're going out for lunch. The Aldi rack sounds great, nice that you are able to find Dollar store bins to fit. Happy organizing. How I wish I could get motivated to organize my craft room. Not in my "Near" future. lol

Oh dear looks like I forgot Brocks Birthday.....ughhhh..so sorry. Wish that "Big Guy" a Belated Happy Birthday for me. So did he get alot of food related gifts? heeheehee

Old 05-23-2019, 06:57 AM   #3731
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, after listening to Bob & Brad more, I think the problem is stenosis. I am going to try those exercises first and see what kind of results I get!

Hi, Susan!! Here in Victoria we have Chicken Taco Tuesday and Beef Taco Wednesday! The drive through line loops around the building of the favorite Mexican restaurant on both days!

Old 05-23-2019, 07:13 AM   #3732
Stampin' Fool

Ooooo...chicken taco's sound good! We had regular beef ones and then had fish taco's too. Yeah up here it's only Taco Tuesdays advertised. lol

Old 05-23-2019, 11:51 AM   #3733
Proud Fan Club Member

I LOVE fish tacos!!!

Old 05-23-2019, 02:23 PM   #3734
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

All of this taco talk is making me hungry : ) Maybe will make Chicken Taco's for dinner, only because I have some chicken that needs to get eaten..... Guess it is Taco Chicken tonight!

Oh, Susan, I have to see if I can fin the post on FB where your HP book is posted! Tori's party sounds like a huge success! Such a beautiful time to head North- hope the weather up in Wisc. is good for you!

Jeanette- I get awful headaches if I do not sleep enough- as in 8 hours- 7 at least! I do not know how you do it!

Lynn- those guys are silly, but I love watching their video's. My legs are so still from not bending, etc.... that I went on to find anything to help after surgery until they send me to PT. Bingo! They have some Isometric exercises for post back surgery that are helpful!
Hope you enjoy lunch and get something done today!!!

Kelly- hope the drive thru line at SB was not too long today! Is the baby still grouchy or is she feeling better???

I had an Oriole hit the window in the kitchen a bit ago- was really stunned. I picked it up, wings both seemed OK, stroked it for a bit, it stayed on my hand for 10-15 minutes, finally flew off into a tree- stayed there another 10-15 then flew away..... That was my excitement for the day! Happy endings are the best : )

Shelly
Old 05-23-2019, 05:28 PM   #3735
Stampin' Fool

Oh how awesome to be able to hold a Oriole Shelly. Too bad it flew into the window in the first place tho. Glad it got it's barings back well enough to fly. Love nature! How were your Taco's? Hmmmm....Taco Thursday...lol. BTW I posted pics on my blog earlier if you can't find them on FB.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #3736

Susan, see... I knew quiet was not an adjective to describe you. Have fun at the cabin!

Lynn, I gave up television in 1999.... very VERY rarely watch it, as in maybe once every 3-4 months.

Shelly, headaches are not good - so please get your 8 hours of sleep.

Kelly, I'm waving as you run here there and yonder.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #3737

Just popping in to tell you...

My two guys and I are leaving in the morning to go out-of-state for a Family Gathering. We'll be home Monday night, so I'll see you again on Tuesday morning!

Have a great and SAFE holiday weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-24-2019, 04:49 AM   #3738
Stampin' Fool

Safe Travels Jeanette! Enjoy your mini vaca.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:08 AM   #3739
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! Line at 'Bux was only 6 cars long and it moved SUPER fast - I had a fast pass to Starbucks today, hee hee!

Oh so much to catch up on! 2 more weeks of commuting back and forth, plays and science boards and EOCs and theater prop building/cleaning/striking and mission work and volunteering and Boy Scouts and yadda yadda .......... and then school is OUT!!!!!
But who's counting! LOL!!

Shelly - how unique to be able to hold such a precious bird - but do continue to let yourself heal!. Oh that precious Rowan! He's a charmer already! I bet you cannot wait to meet him IRL and just snuggle snuggle!

Alice is DEFINITELY teething - her top tooth just broke! That's a total of 3 and she's handling it mostly well, just REALLY clingy. Try to do anything and put her down - yeah, not gonna happen, lol. She's had an exciting week - she's learned to wave bye-bye, clap her hands, turn on/off (x1000!) the light switches, lol and starting to hold up on the couches. But she still will. not. crawl! She doesn't need to - she' rolls, or scoots backwards She might skip it altogether!

OH Lynn, back troubles, too? My dh suffers from herniated discs and it's just awful to see him doubled over in pain. And YUM on the fish tacos!

Jeanette, have a great time on your vacation!

Tonight we are going to see Aladdin (the movie) and dinner after - I hope it's cute, we love Disney! This weekend we have reservation for something called Top Golf - it's night time golfing with glow in the dark circles on the greens below, all tiered and high-rise style, super tall net on either side of the football field greens below. And Memorial Day my son has a scout event where they will put flags on the graves of the fallen soliders at a local cemetery. Maybe, just maybe, I can manage to squeeze in a card!!
Old 05-24-2019, 08:40 AM   #3740
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Just like that, Memorial Day weekend snuck up on us!!! Yikes!!!
We have a 4 yr old Birthday party on Sunday at my sisters- about 1 1/2 hours from here. I am planning on going, just might need to lay down in the back seat for the ride. I cannot go in the pool- no pools or hot tubs for 6 weeks after surgery, so 6/24 is my *** date for swimming : )

Lynn, glad the video's helped. I refer to them often! I have central stenosis plus disc issues, plus arthritis. You can also have osteophytes or bone spurs..... Posture, posture, posture!!!
I hope your lunch was nice and that your back is improving!

Jeanette is off vacationing for the weekend, as is Susan. Have a great time!!!

Kelly is off running! Kelly, do you have one of those wrap things that holds the baby close to you? So you are arms free? I am thinking I should get one later on so it will be less stress on my back. Although, it sounds like Alice want to be up on the couch and anything but crawling! LOL Stephi did not like the feeling of the ground or grass, or carpet...etc on her knees. So, she would either army crawl of hands and feet crawl- that was pretty comical actually.....

We are all blessed!

Off to see Susan's Blog posting.....

I wish everyone a safe and fun Holiday weekend!!!

Shelly
Old 05-25-2019, 03:56 AM   #3741
Proud Fan Club Member

So happy that Jeanette's having a fun family weekend for the holiday!! Enjoy, girlfriend!

Susan, are you all planning to celebrate Memorial Day at the lake? I know you must have something special cooked up with the family!!

Kelly, my head is spinning with all that you are packing into the last two weeks of school!! I guess you will be running on espresso until mid June!! What a fun week with Alice. Sounds like she is going to let go of that couch and take off running!! Boy, then watch out!!! LOL!!

Shelly, you amaze me!! And I so value the help you directed me to!! Have fun at the birthday party! And yes, please. Lay down in the back seat coming and going!

I am most excited about our Friends of the Library sale. They have 3 a year where they sell books, CDs and All-in-One Audio Books that the library is culling from their shelves. I went down Thursday afternoon and got only one shopping bag full (at $1 each) so as not to strain my back. Decided to return on Friday for another bag and found they were now 50¢ each!! What!! I made four trips to the car with 4 more bags full. Ended up with over $4,500 worth of CDs and Audio Books for $43. Every time I am in the car, I am listening to a book so I now have at least 3 years worth of driving covered!! SO EXCITED!! You all know that I love bargains but less than a penny on the dollar is really something to celebrate!! I may go down again today when it is all you can fit in a shopping bag for a $1. WHAT???

Old 05-25-2019, 06:11 AM   #3742
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends!

Oh Lynn, I LOVE LOVE LOVE our friends of the library sale!! You sure scored a lot of wonderful goodies! And can't beat those prices! I always stock up and share what I think someone else might want and donate a ton, too. I'm glad you didn't grab more than your back let you carry!

I've become obsessed with Audible! I figured if I don't have time to read as much as I used to (Alice, lol) So now I put my iphone on the audible ap and 'read'. I was RIGHT SMACK IN THE MIDDLE of an amazing part of my last book, I asked my son "do you mind if i listen to this one chapter?" while driving. He said 'NP!' Yesterday - at the movies - my daughter said what's the movie you keep watching ....... I quickly said it's actually a book and my son blurted out "yeah, a really boring one, too!" LOL! oops

Aladdin was AAAAAAAAMZING!!!!!!!! So entertaining, great cast (except Jafar, very mis-cast!) and super set design, colorful, entertaining. LOVED it!

Shel, Alice doesn't like the baby swaddler and never did She hated being swaddled from day 1 - even as a newborn, we'd swaddle her and she's wriggle out of it or get upset if she was tightly bound. In fact, my dd got 3 as baby shower gifts and didnt' get to use a single one!

I'm off to craft! WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!
Old 05-25-2019, 06:50 AM   #3743
Stampin' Fool

Kelly sounds like yooui enjoyed the movie and now your into audible books too. I have yet to try it but I'm thinking I might especially with the 6hr drive to the cabin all the time. Funny about ds saying the book is boring.

Shelly non of my kids or grandkids liked those swaddle things. DIL used one once in a while for Claire but boy she'd be squirming! lol Safe travels for you my dear and yes take a little lay down time in the car.

Lynn...love the library sales! We have 2 a year and I always go to pick up some new books for the cabin. That's where I do most of my reading. No big lake plans this weekend. More like "Rest" time. Will visit with my sister though. After all she's only 4 houses away from the cabin so there's no excuses for not visiting heeheehee. She said she'll have the wine "Chillin".

Have a great weekend ladies

Old 05-26-2019, 09:27 AM   #3744
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Oh the library sale! I love books too- I have far too many unread ones..... I have not tried audible books yet. Last year, at the big library sale, they had sheet music, and I found a piece that my mom used to play by memory that I have been on the hunt for- in a right key too! SO excited!!! I am still working on a piece that I must finish before teacher moves me on though before I start it, and have not played since surgery......BUT......Wahoo!

Lynn- prayers that your back is improving! Do you have any plans for the weekend, other than reading? LOL That is so amazing the audio books you got- and they can be recycled right back, right? I never know which one to pick..... *they might be boring...*** LOL

Kelly- Oh.....I guess I will ask Kayla about the snuggle wrap thing. I was hoping that would work for me. My doc told me holding a squirming baby is not something I should do : ( So, Stephi would squirm like crazy, but if I held her facing out-away from me- she was fine. She wanted to observe and see what was going on in the world around her .
Oh, I so want to see Aladdin- maybe when we are in Fruita- Chris is a huge Disney fan. His current favorite is Moana : )
Summertime, sweet summertime (not weatherwise for you, but schedule time- not driving so much), is right around the corner. You will miss those crazy days when they are gone! Not so much the driving, the people you see!

Susan, the HP book you made is fabulous- so darn awesome, especially considering you never read the books or saw the movies! Wowza!
Hope you have good weather, and here's hoping you make it 4 houses away to visit your sister!

Jeanette- hope your visit goes well and memories are made!

Friday, I got 1 card and an ATC made! Yeah, yesterday, 3 cards!!! Wahoo! Today, going to make B-day boy a silly card with Dinosaurs!
4 yrs old already! His mama has Rheumatoid Arthritis and cannot get pregnant again, so we celebrate every moment and milestone we can with this little one!

Have a fabulous day!
Shelly
Old 05-27-2019, 10:22 AM   #3745
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Memorial Day, friends!!

OH this has been one EVENTFUL day and it's only 2 pm! We started off with a Target Run 'n Done! Alice needed a few things and it was packed, ready and brought to the car - one stop shopping! My son and I zipped over to the local cemetary (you may have seen that on Facebook) where we put flags on the graves of fallen soldiers, men and women. It was somber and heartfelt and quite humbling.

Now, we're home and all in the pool and Alice is working on her swim legs in the baby pool floats - she's a water baby just like my 4 were. Tonight is our bbq and cookout

and outside yard games - including lawn chess, ROFL!

Big hugs to all on this day of remembering!
Old 05-28-2019, 03:34 AM   #3746

WOW! Lynn, you sure got some bargains! You'll be dreaming up road trips just so you can listen to your books.

Kelly, I love the FB post - your son and his troop are such a blessing to others! I did have to giggle a bit about the boring book comment!

Shelly, you seem to be doing so well post-op. You are a trooper, for sure!

Susan, I hope you're having a great time at the cabin!

I hope you all had a great weekend! Our trip was very enjoyable. Saw a lot of people I haven't seen in years. Weather was fabulous (it was to rain every day, but the rains only came in the night until yesterday so it didn't interfere with our daytime activities). Tried a restaurant I've wanted to try for years - and it was awesome. Made a side trip to Osceola, where my grandparents lived many years, and went to the Cheese Factory to get some cheese curds for our DD to enjoy while she's here. (YAY! She's coming a week from tomorrow!!!) Yep, great weekend!

Now today is all about Ketchup. Being gone for four days means there's a lot of catching up to do.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-28-2019, 04:07 PM   #3747
Proud Fan Club Member

Okay - where do I put in my papers to retire??! LOL!

Sakes. Alive!

Today I can barely stand upright- my hip is getting worst and I’m
Not sure what I did but oh man. It’s like daggers with each step.
If this keeps up, I’ll have to see a specialist

And didn’t get to sit down once - it’s been go go GO since this am
With last 2 playwriting festivals for drama! Da was doing tech and all day we moved and shook! Now, because I can’t walk right, I was moved to concession stand - y’all want anything? I have a nice assortment of pizza and pastries and Krispy Kreme is an oh did I mention there’s lots and lots of candy!

These kids are SO talented!!

Welcome back Jeanette - it sounds like you are getting settled again!

My daughter leaves for her weeklong trip to Orlando the theme parks and vacation at a private villa Wowza!

My son has his grad bash eighth-grade trip on Friday night also to Orlando (he will not see his sister) and then the BIG dance is on Saturday.

I keep saying “6 more days of school!!!”
Old 05-28-2019, 06:08 PM   #3748

Oh no, Kelly! I'm sorry to hear you're having hip problems today. Is that new or did I miss seeing you mention it already? Praying you get some relief soon!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-29-2019, 03:22 AM   #3749

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-29-2019, 06:42 AM   #3750
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Kelly! I am so sorry for your hip pain!! I hope you can give it a little rest. It doesn't sound like you have sat down once this month! Summer is almost here!! Kelly needs a break!

Good morning, Jeanette!! Are you busy crafting today? I am busy organizing and labeling!! Does it ever end? I keep thinking it will speed up and simplify my stamping.
But for now it seems to be taking up all my crafting time! How as the time with your family?

Susan, are you back from relaxing by the lake? I thought of you as I laid in my recliner dreaming of the waterside!

Shelly, hope you are getting better and better.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:52 AM   #3751
Stampin' Fool

Hi ladies. Made it to the cabin and had no cabin issues this year. Although the beach is quite low. Or shall I say the water is quite High. Got here on Sunday and spent Sunday night having dinner with my sister and her hubby. Boy I drink way too much wine lol. Though for me way too much wine it’s like two glasses.
Jeanette so glad you had a great time on your little visit trip. And good for you being able to try out a new restaurant and liking it yay. And you go ahead and go Ketchup. Heeheehee

Shelly I hope your healing quickly. How soon before you’re able to go hold that little guy in your arms. Boy I would sure I have ants in the pants LOL.

Kelly how in the world did you hurt your hip? You know you need those to hold Alice right? Claire bears still needs me to pick her up and she’s going to be 3 in August.

So Lynn did you read the weekend away? I would not know where to start with so many books. And if you need a place to go so you can listen to all those books you can always come all the way up here. Accommodations are tight but I do have a sofa and a beautiful view of Lake Michigan. I'm here til next week Wednesday.

Well I’m going to get going internet keeps kicking me off and this is the third time I have typed this I don’t want to type it again. So enjoy the week I’ll check in when I can.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:18 AM   #3752
Proud Fan Club Member

Enjoy your vacation, Susan!! I am leaving on Friday for a women's conference with two friends. I am looking forward to getting out of town and relaxing on the river in the Texas Hill Country.

Old 05-29-2019, 08:35 AM   #3753

Lynn, yay for a road trip with friends! I hope you'll enjoy it tremendously!

Now about organizing and labeling... yep, it takes time, but doesn't it make you happy??? I love when everything is neat/tidy and easy to find thanks to labeling.

Susan, it's so good to see you are enjoying the cabin (without issues)! That's awesome!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-29-2019, 10:46 AM   #3754
Proud Fan Club Member

Wait. a. minute.

Looks like Susan and Lynn are off on vacation and FORGOT to take Jeanette and I! And I desperately need a vacy! Hee hee! Have fun, both of you!

My kids are leaving this weekend - trips for 2, work for 1, and little Alice will be hanging out with mama around here, she doesn't go far

My hip is just old people issues! My dr says it's osteoarthritis but truth is - I've had it since I was 18! Guess I'm REALLY old! LOL

Hugs!
Old 05-29-2019, 03:27 PM   #3755
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Lynn, safe travels tomorrow! Is this trip the Ranch you mentioned previously? Good for you getting organized- so much work!
How is your back? And, your pup???

Susan, glad you got to visit with sis! Hope you could walk (straight) getting home! I love wine when it is not too warm/humid....it makes me red faces and sweaty if its warm! You made me laugh with the 'Beach id=s low' expression- have not heard that before. Glad you have no issues opening the cabin.

Jeanette- your trip sounds wonderful! Glad you got to try a new restaurant too. And, your DD will be home in a week= my favorite time is with my kids! So hard when they live far away. It would be funny to see how you would revise my organization- I know where just about everything is, but after doing Technique Junkies, you accumulate so much stuff for techniques.....!!! I am slowly sorting and getting rid of stuff- lots of stuff!

Oh Kelly, hope your hip improves quickly! My sister just finished telling me her hip hurts from holding her grandson! She has osteopenia too, and has always had hip issues. Your schedule, although busy, sounds wonderful!!!
What, you are going to vacation without me???

I had a scare with my camera- all of a sudden it is giving me an error that there is no card in it. All of the googling I did told me I needed a new card reader, so I went to You Tube. I found a video where the guy looked in the compartment and saw something, and how he dug it out carefully. So, I did his technique- cut a Q tip in 2/3 end- stuck a fine sewing needed into it, then used the needle to sweep gently and make sure there was no link, etc. I did that and blew into it, and - yeah- worked!!! Canon charges about $500 to replace the card reader from what I was quoted!

Doc did not release me to drive yet..... soon, very soon hopefully. I had weird dreams last night and slept like Jeanette- hehehe not enough!
Katie will be home with her pup this weekend- she will attend a wedding of a High School friend. The reception is at the very exclusive Chicago Country Club. They only have 125 members, including people like Michael Jordan. It is close to our home, but have only seen it by visiting houses that are on the outskirts of it.

Shelly
Old 05-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #3756

Hi Kelly - yep, sounds like a lot of people are vacationing without us. What did we do to deserve this kind of behavior? I hope you DD and DS have a great time on their trips! And praying you get some relief from the pain!

Hi Shelly - WOW! I'm wondering if it's that exclusive of a club, how did Katie's friend snag it for the reception? I'm sure you will LOVE having her home for the weekend! And it won't be long and you'll be heading off to meet that new bundle of joy, right?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-29-2019, 06:46 PM   #3757
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Heading to Colorado on the 13th- 2 more weeks to heal!

The doc really gave me a lecture about posture and bending..... they do not give you Physical Therapy, just 'listen to your body'. I have folders of exercises.....
My hips on the sides hurt a bit (not like real hip joint pain in the groin). He told me 1) from sleeping on my side..... 2) from sheath over muscle on the side- from love handles on side down thigh tightens, and hips feel the discomfort, and 3) with stenosis you lean forward alot, and that also affects the hips. I had better straighten up!
Holding baby- keep centered (in my center) and close to my body, no squiggly baby holding. LOL

You will all know more about back surgery than you ever cared to know! hehe

How did the family snag the place? They either know someone OR, $$$$$
I have walked through there for a house walk years ago, and recently they held the Senior Womans Open, but a pass for 1 day was $199.00 (I'd rather buy rubber stamps!).

We are going to get rain (again) overnight, but it is supposed to be 80 and sunny tomorrow (and again on Monday- rain over the weekend as well). I am trying to get cards or kits together for June and for something to do while away.

I tried to post a picture of Aidens from his Birthday party- it won't let me.....not sure why!
Oh well- weekend is almost here!!!

Shelly
Old 05-30-2019, 02:58 AM   #3758

Shelly, it sounds like you got quite a lecture. UGH! I guess with enough $$$$$ one can buy a fancy place for a reception. I'm with you for the one day pricey event - I'd rather buy stamps, too.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-30-2019, 05:01 AM   #3759
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Shelly, Kelly, Susan, and Jeanette!

Shelly, sounds like the doctor is keeping you on a short leash! I am sure his suggestions will help you to heal more quickly. That part about the baby holding sounds very, very challenging! I am so anxious for you to get little Rowan in your arms.

And yes, the ranch is the one I talked about earlier. My back is doing better. I bought the pillow Bob & Brad recommended for sleeping. I can rest with it for an hour or so but so far haven't been able to sleep with it. But I am seeing improvement already.
The dog is doing so well. She is going to stay with her Memaw (my mother) while I am gone since she is so well trained and sleeps 75% of the time!

Sounds like you will be dog sitting as well during the "up-town" wedding!

Today I will be packing for myself and for Calleigh. Have to get her allergy pills filled this morning. I will throw in a self-contained book or two for myself. I think I sleep less than my friends so I will just plug in my headphones and finish a book or two while they sleep.

If you haven't seen an all-in-one audiobook, this is what they look like. The whole thing is smaller than a deck of cards so I can fit several in easily.

I'll be back on Monday. The cell reception at Mo Ranch is very spotty so I may not be able to check in from there.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:00 AM   #3760
Proud Fan Club Member

HI girls! Shucks, I missed Lynn! Wow, that's an impressive audiobook! I hook mine to the bluetooth in the car - well, now the Jeep does not have it, lol. It barely has seats, seat belts and windshield wipers, ROFL! It's a bit ........ basic Reminds me of the old school walkmans! I use Audible on my iPhone - easy peasy!

Hi Jeanette! It must be because we had to wait for Shelly! Now we can all go on vacy!

Shel - glad you could get an easy fix for your phone! I wish SO MUCH I was more techy. Sadly, I can barely function with most of the electronics and often have to holler at one of the young 'uns around here to take a look or explain it.

Not too long now and you'll be seeing that precious Rowan! He must be growing growing! Those houses sound luxurious - many places here in wealthy Miami, too, that I've just driven past In fact, Scouts is near 'Million Dollar Row' and I drive by in my jalopy of a Jeep and think I've only seen ONE of those inside! And oh me oh me .......
i'll never forget it. Breathtaking!

Tonight is Scouts - Court of Honor, not sure The Kid will receive anything but he needs to represent those that do! And then he leaves at 4:30 am to head on his trip. My daughter is leaving soon, too ...... looks like it's back to just Shelly, Jeanette and I! LOL!

Hugs!