Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-30-2019, 04:11 PM   #3601
Mad Swapper

Lynn I'm so glad your surgery's have gone well. Had to laugh about eye rolling. My sister just had eye #1 done Monday the same day as you #2. She had just told me about her Dr scolding her for moving her eyes. LOL She said "Yeah you try holding still when someone comes at your eyes". heeheehee

Oh my Jeanette be careful with those knees. You don't want to end up having knee replacements do you? Totally rest it tomorrow.

Shelly I believe tomorrow is your Dr day. I sure hope they figure something out and that you find relief soon.

Kelly seems to be playing hookie. She's probably sitting at a table in Starbucks enjoying all the new flavors.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-30-2019, 04:25 PM   #3602
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Yes ma'am, Susan.

Kelly is MIA, for sure.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 04-30-2019, 05:30 PM   #3603
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! I DID go to Starbucks and may have partook of the goods but mostly because we are day 3 with no internet!! It is sooo frustrating and how easily we miss it when it’s not here. I’m able to get to Instagram and Facebook and Twitter but not comment on blogs or SCS. We HOPE by Thursday!!

What. Did. I. Miss! Lynn - surgery?? Reading back ....
Old 05-01-2019, 03:10 AM   #3604

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Hi Kelly - that stinks about the internet. I hope it's up and running again soon!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-01-2019, 04:23 AM   #3605
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, inky friends!! Except for an errand or two, I plan to stay home today and craft.

Kelly, luckily you didn't lose both your coffee and your internet together!! Wouldn't that be misery!! I can't seem to do without either one (as I computer surf sipping my second mug of snickerdoodle with caramel macchiato).

Jeanette, I hope you have your knee propped up by your craft table and everything is within reach!!

Susan, what crafty goodness are you getting into today?

Shelly, hugs and prayers as you visit your new doctor.

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 05-01-2019, 04:35 AM   #3606

Good morning, Lynn... oh my goodness! That snickerdoodle with caramel macchiato sounds heavenly. I think I need to make a road trip to your house so I can sip along with you!

Find Me on Instagram

allee's likes this post.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:39 AM   #3607
Mad Swapper

Good morning. Ok I'm getting motivated now. Now I want to make some sort of project. Tags, cards, mini album? Finish mini album I started? What to do what to do?????? lol I'm motivated because Cindy my crafting pal I was helping pack last week is finally leaving for her little scrapbook weekend with her SIL and I'm sooo jealous! And she doesn't even want to go. ughhhh. She says she'd much rather stay home and craft. Crazy girl...well I guess the down side to her retreat is that everyone else are solely scrapbookers and she's not. Though she was excited about the tags I told her to make. I'm going to give her the Ol' College pep talk tonight! LOL
Annnyyy waaayyy.........that's why "I" am motivated.....I want some craft time. heeheehee

Jeanette hows the knee/knee's?? Hopefully a good nights rest has helped a bit.

Lynn how are you doing? Both eyes doing better? How about your heart? I know Nichole meant alot to you. Heard Texas is getting a bunch of rain and it' stretchs all the way to here. Hope your staying afloat.

Shelly lots of fingers crossed that Dr today gives some hope. Good Luck.

LOL Kelly...............knew you'd be at the Bux! Have you had that cold Nitro thing yet? I have not because it's been so darn cold here but I will as soon as it warms up a bit for cold drinks. lol

I'll check in later
Old 05-01-2019, 04:41 AM   #3608
Mad Swapper

Here we go again....lol....typing at the same time Jeanette and Lynn
Old 05-01-2019, 04:42 AM   #3609

Hi Susan! I think you and I need to go along with your friend to her retreat! Wouldn't that be fun?!?!?! Maybe we could convince Lynn, Kelly, and Shelly to go, too!

Knees knees... not talking about it.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-01-2019, 06:11 AM   #3610
Mad Swapper

Wow that would be an AMAZING retreat!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #3611
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

I decided it is time- way too much prednisone (steroid) the past 5 months! I am going to have surgery 5/13. The doc told me I have alot of arthritis in my spine, so I will always have back pain, but the surgery will alleviate the sciatica and the tingling. I have one numb big toe- not sure if that feeling will come back. (he actually said it will will relieve the pain in the butt and down the leg ).
I have to get alot done before that date- will have another MRI , labs, a doc visit or two and lots of creative stuff to try to accomplish! I should still be good to go for Ireland/the Netherlands, barring no complications.....

Lynn- you made me laugh out loud! I would blink and look away if something was coming at my eye! You @ eye roller ,you!!! LOL

Jeanette- the nurse is in- hope that knee is elevated and you are icing it 20 minutes every hour or two! Advil or Motrin or Ibuprofen NSAIDS will help with the inflammation. Recent injury- ice it, after another week or so- heat......

Kelly and her coffee! You crack me up. I am not sure I know anyone that loves coffee more than you- well, maybe one person..... My mom loved coffee too- her earliest memory drinking it was when she was 4....her mom used to give it to her per her memory.

Susan- so what will you work on this weekend while your friend is gone??? I have gone to a local scrapbook retreat where most people-scrapbook. It is still fun and I try to get alot done. There were ladies there with stamps, or that wanted to use my stamps. One of the retreats, a lady came over and asked me to make a card for her- gave me $5.00- saved her a trip and now she would be on time to the baptism she was going to. I brought my Silhouette, and the lady sitting next to me was from my ATC group. I showed her how I import SVG files and cut out shapes. She came home, went shopping and bought a Cricut! LOL
I just cannot carry all of the crap back and forth that you need to stamp- ink, paper, stamps....etc..... too hard lifting it all! Plus, I believe I may snore a little bit...... (blushing).

Ok- off to make hubby dinner! I won $15,00 gift card at Jewel's monopoly game, so bought hubby pork shops- I cannot eat pork, but will make hime something he will really enjoy for dinner.

Shelly

Old 05-01-2019, 04:14 PM   #3612
Mad Swapper

Oh Shelly I was so hoping that there would have been some sort of miracle pill they could give you to ease the pain. But if surgery is the best option then I guess that's the right choice. I'll be rooting for you girl!!
Awesome win from Jewel too. I never go there anymore since they opened a Woodmans on Randall. I now buy all my stuff there except produce which I prefer to get at the Fresh Market. I bet Ray will enjoy his dinner. Sounds yummy.

Well while my friends away I think I will be making some tags and get a head start on Christmas. Kind of like what I did with that paper pack where I made a ton of Christmas cards for this year I figured I'd use one of those 6x6 pads and see how many tags I can get. Obviously I'll have to add a bunch of elements to fancy them up (just the way I roll. lol) but I bet I could get quite a few tags from one of those pads. I'll make a bunch of base tags from red, green and kraft and then go from there. Ought to keep me busy. Though I think I need to clear a space on my craft desk in order to do anything. heeheehee.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:33 AM   #3613

Wishing all my Paper-Loving Inky Friends a Great Thursday!

Shelly, like Susan, I was hoping there could be an "easier" fix like some medication... but we'll be praying and praying while you deal with surgery and its aftermath.

Susan, sounds like you have a great plan for while your friend is away. My DH is leaving for a week the week after next so I've already started my "To Do While He's Away" list, but it doesn't sound nearly as fun. It's things like clean/purge/organize the closets, etc.

Thank you for the tips, Nurse Shelly. I have been taking Tylenol (only once a day, since I can't stay awake when I take it or ibuprofen either, for that matter)... I switched to ibuprofen last night and my knee feels better this morning than it has all week. WOW!

Waving to Lynn and Kelly!

It's pouring rain here this morning... guess it's good I don't have to go anywhere until 4:15 this afternoon.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-02-2019, 03:40 AM   #3614
Proud Fan Club Member

Sounds like they are bumping you to the front of the line and will be taking care of a lot of that pain, Shelly!! I know you have to be encouraged by that, and I personally feel like the sooner the better!! Glad you won't have to wait long. I will be praying for a wonderful outcome.

Susan, I loved that Christmas paper pack project you did last year. I know your tags will be dressed to the nines!!! Can't wait to see them!! My heart is doing pretty well mainly because Calleigh seems happy as a clam to be ruling the roost around here. She gets what she wants when she wants it and never has to share. I guess I didn't realize just how much of an alpha dog Nicole was.

My niece and I are planning a trip to Junkie Fest in 2020 in Minnesota. That is closer to most of you guys than Texas (with the exception of Kelly - sad face here). I know if I twist her arm, Anita would allow me to work in an extra day to meet up with you
Illinois three. Something to think about. Or dream about for me!!

Kelly, Florida is on my hit list, too. I KNOW in my heart that someday we will meet and share the best cup of coffee ever!!

Jeanette, hope you are following Nurse Shelly's instructions and are getting some relief with that knee. I am glad that you have an entire week to stay off of it and give it some healing time before you and Hot Sauce streak off to your next adventure!

Tomorrow will be a 14 hours in the car day for me, but that sometimes happens when you are have to get somewhere on the other side of Texas. When work schedules mean you have to go and come back on the same, day it can be brutal. Both my son and my oldest granddaughter have to work on Saturday so tomorrow it is off to the races. We are going to our youngest granddaughter's college ring ceremony in Denton.

Today I will doing some bargain Christmas shopping at Dillard's. I will be shopping the 30% off of items on the 65% off racks. I'll be looking for shoes and/or purses for everyone!!

Old 05-02-2019, 03:57 AM   #3615

What fun - a shopping frenzy for Lynn! Go! Bargain hunt! And have fun!

Now, about that 14 hour drive... EEK! I did that a couple of summers ago when I drove to Boston to meet my DD there and tour the northeast states. It was brutal - but so worth it! When I got to Boston and then my DD met me there, I completely forgot about those two L-O-N-G days of driving!

I am assuming you are not driving the whole thing alone, right? Enjoy the ceremony! I am so glad you're able to go.

LOL! I giggled a bit about Calleigh. There are advantages to being an "only child" in the household. Brock can attest to that. He gets to rule the roost (and not share) until those siblings come home to visit.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-02-2019, 04:59 AM   #3616
Proud Fan Club Member

I will drive the first hour and a half to my son's. Then he will drive the 5 1/2 hours to Denton. I may get to drive part of the way back since he and Z will try to get a little sleep so they can go to work early the next morning.

Yes, Calleigh is greatly enjoying being the Queen Bee just like Brock enjoys being the king of the castle!! LOL!!

Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:57 AM   #3617
Mad Swapper

Oh Lynn I would love to try and meet up in 2020. I hope we can make this work. I think you may be more than tomorrows 14 hr trip though lol. Texas to Minn is quite a drive. Had to laugh.King Nick also thinks he rules the nest but Queen Missy sometimes has other ideas. lol Enjoy the ring ceremony and the shopping at Dillards. Sounds like you have a few fun plans.

Jeanette glad the knee is feeling a bit better today. I bet this rainy weather doesn't help. I know my arthritis is horrible in this weather. Fingers and knees get so sore. I pop 2 Aleve and I'm able to at least get through the day. Fingers usually require a boost from Aspercream. Getting old is no fun.

Might try to dodge the rain drops today and head out to Hobby Lobby. Looking for nothing but hope to find something. lol Just need a get out to the craft store day.

Shelly does the weather affect you too? I swear we sound like a bunch of old ladies comparing our pains....heeheehee BTW...I believe I snore a bit too lol.

Kelly..........way too young for pains unless we call your Bux withdrawl a pain...lol Hope computer is up and running smoothly soon.

Have a great day ladies
Old 05-02-2019, 11:33 AM   #3618
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Guess. Who. Is. Back!!

Meeeeeeeee!!

I thought my dh would PASS OUT with no internet! (Me? I organized to entire rooms and purged 3/4 of my stamps I organized two entire rooms and purged 3/4 of my stamps supplies!). See - girl power!

I’m off to little man’s awesome spaghetti dinner for the Scouts! Looking forward of some smiling faces and awesome dinner (ha!) for this sweet fundraiser that helps get these little guys to summer camp !!

I’ll catch up late tonight and read all I’ve missed!!

Xo
Old 05-02-2019, 03:49 PM   #3619
Mad Swapper

Yay for being back. Missed you girl. And double Yay for all that organizing! Way to go!
Old 05-03-2019, 02:44 AM   #3620

YAY! Kelly is back! We missed you - but it sounds like you were too busy to miss us. WOW! You accomplished a lot!!!

Lynn, I'm glad you're not driving the whole way - enjoy the time with family, celebrating!

Susan, so what did you find??? Giggled at your HL statement. Yep, the weather doesn't help but today is supposed to be rain-free. We'll see how that goes for us.

Waving to Shelly... I know you're pre-op busy.

Sending love to all!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-03-2019, 03:46 AM   #3621
Mad Swapper

Well..................Jeanette I found an 8x8 frame that I wanted for (ok this sounds crazy but...)a cut up beer box front that my son really likes to give him as a HAHAHA gift. The frame was on clearance for $3. Can't beat that. Then somewhere on Pinterest I saw an idea where they put flowers into a closed umbrella and used as a door decoration. So while in the Easter clearance section I found instead an actual 1/2 umbrella basket that I picked up at 90% off so it was only $2.90. Now all I need are flowers and "TADA" I'll have a cute door decoration for next to nothing!
Haven't touched the craft room yet. Not sure if that's ever getting straightened. lol

Kelly it's good to have you back and I can't wait to hear all that you have been up to besides getting your Bux's.

Safe travels Lynn.

Shelly how are you doing?
Old 05-03-2019, 06:33 AM   #3622

Bargains, for sure, Susan! Sounds like a good hunt!

I know you - and maybe you alone - will feel my pain. I've not been getting notifications when someone posts in my SCS threads. LOL! Funny how only a few of us like those - but yep, I'm one of them. And this time they're not going to my junk mail either. I check there... because that's usually what happens and I just kindly let my computer know they are not junk and soon I'm getting notifications again. Not this time though, since they aren't there.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-03-2019, 08:57 AM   #3623
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

What up, Peeps!

It's Friday!

I spend 2+ hour with the bean today as her mama had an appointment - and that was after 1.5 hours in the road taking The Kid to school. I was already tired, ha! She did great and we played and played and "read" - ahem - books (nice little chewed corners and teeth marks on the plastic ones!) Then played in a the pool for a bit and mama's home, she's napping, and I need a drink! Ooops, I spelled NAP wrong

Tonight is TOP GOLF - whatever that is! Something new here - you have a little 'bay' that's yours, and you hit balls out into a football field looking thing that lights up if you get it in/around/within 20 miles of the hole! Ha! Duck ya'll - with my aim, it may head your way!

Scout spaghetti dinner went WAY well! I bid on a $179 yearly zoo membership and won at $40 for my dd, dh and Alice! She was super thrilled - now they can take her all year long. Tomorrow his youth mission group has a car wash and then Scout camp card selling at Publix in the afternoon, and he was invited to a friends house Sunday to work on a film project. ZOOOOOOOM!

MISS SUSAN! Look at you with the fab-u-lous projects! I sooooooooo wanna go craft with you! I LOVE how 3d interactive you are and the projects you make!!! I can BARELY get a card done. Currently like 10 cards behind my 'schedule' but it is what it is. I stopped fretting about it! I LOVE your bargains - sounds like me! I can sniff out a good sale just about anywhere but more than that, you are creating and making something out of a clearanced item(s) - You Go, Susan Stewart!

Hi Jeanette! Hope you are doing well, and Lynn is getting better. I am so excited for your Junkie Fest! I heard this year a couple friends are going and they are very excited. It's WAY outta budget for me and so far - I'd have to fly, get a hotel, rental car, yadda .........

My get to steppin' list is soooo long for places I want to go, LOL!

Shelly - thinking of you!

Big group hug!
Old 05-03-2019, 10:34 AM   #3624

Hi Kelly... you did well! I'm sure Alice/family will love going to the zoo again and again and again. WOW!

Will you holler "Fore" before you swing at the ball so we'll know when to duck?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #3625
Mad Swapper

Oh No Jeanette.........................why do we have to suffer with no notifications??? I've been pretty lucky lately but I'm sure it'll happen again. Grrrrrrr. Hope it get figured out for you.

Kelly yep a hunting I will go for a good find and I love using my clearance stuff. Speaking of which.....here's the frame and my mini umbrella finds all spoofed up!
I wasted no time.

Old 05-03-2019, 10:40 AM   #3626

Well, look at you, Susan! Looking good!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-04-2019, 04:59 AM   #3627

My two guys and I are heading out of here on this rainy morning (POURING rain!) for a weekend out of town. DH will be preaching in the church where the pastor (a good friend of ours) suddenly died a month ago. It will be an opportunity for us to love on this hurting church family. We know many of the people there - even though it is 3 1/2 hours from our home. We'll get home again tomorrow evening.

Have a great weekend - I'll see you again on Monday!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-04-2019, 05:22 AM   #3628
Mad Swapper

Good Morning Friends......Going to start you all off on an adorable story about determination.
I have noticed that Claire really like to play with things. Use her imagination so much more so then the other 2 at her age. She loves having you play with her. One example is when she is in our back yard we have a play house that we bought for Tori when she was little. Just one of those Little Tyke plastic ones and boy have we got our money out of it as it is still in great condition. Anyway the other 2 would play in it for maybe a half hour but Claire is in there for long periods making pretend food and serving it to either Apa or I through the little windows. She will carefully hold out her hands as if holding a drink and let you know your "Milk" is ready and don't spill. We finally went out and bought her a bunch of fake food for the house altho with all this rain there has been no outside time She'll then change up gears and run us down to the play gym Apa built and then play down there for quite some time. In the house on rainy days we're playing with duplos or playing basketball with the Little Tykes Basketball set up we got. She will even have us blow "Fake" bubbles and she runs around jumping saying "I'm Popping" It is so darn cute. Well now for the point of my story.................The other day in her own home she kept trying to get her mommys attention. But mommy was busy straightening Toris hair for school, trying to find Bryce's pants and (as is usual for my DIL) tending to her cell phone. All the while Claire kept following her around with Mommy Mommy Mommy. Finally Claire took her milk in a sippy cup of which she had poked her finger throught the tip if the sippy and sprinkled it on the sofa just as DIL was walking by. My DIL admitted that without skipping a beat and phone in hand she just cleaned it up took cup away and went about her cell phone activity while looking for her own attire for the day. Claire still following and Mommy Mommy Mommy. Finally Claire turned around walked to dining table picked up Mommies coffee.................and just as DIL looked up ..............Claire poured the coffee into DIL's shoes! Got Mom's attention then!! I laughed my butt off as DIL is telling me this. And even now the vision pops in my head every now and then and I laugh out loud (Probably have looked weird in public hahahaha). So many times I have been out in public and notice so many moms on cell phones as kids stand calling there names trying to get there attention. Moral of my story.....put down the phones and enjoy the joys of your little ones or you too may have coffee in your shoes! Hmmmmmm....just a thought...Kelly might enjoy that if it's from BUX!

The above story is true and I did laugh a ton over it. But I will also admit that last night I watched the Diane Sawyer special about Cell Phones and it was an eye opener. I really hope people will see how detatched to humans we are becoming. Long distance is one thing but if your in the same room as people....and not talking???? Hope you guys got to see it. I do not think we are having this issue because we raised our families not having cells. We talked (or tried to lol), we interacted, we pretended in play.

Ok I'm done...........lol......just wanted to share a funny story. Enjoy your weenend everyone.

Safe travels Jeanette..........More rain??? OMG...lucky us we have beautiful blue sunny skies today and should have them again tomorrow. Hugs and prayers to you all tomorrow. I'm sure there will be alot of emotions.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:41 AM   #3629
Mad Swapper

OMG....just re-read this. It kinda sounded like a sermom..haahaahaahaa. Feel free to share as I still find it hysterical. She sure got Mommies attention and I sure better not tick her off but just incase I will always check my shoes.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:59 AM   #3630

Preach on, Susan! Precious story with a great moral. You and Claire probably could get on a speaking circuit... she could even demonstrate for the masses.

Find Me on Instagram

HOBBYSUE likes this post.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #3631
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

All may be seated!! Susan has commenced the sermon ........

Haha ! Love ya, girlie! I love that you see the differences in the grands - you know, she's probably a lot like one of you (you, dh, the other Ama!) They say sometimes it skips a generation - I was lucky that my girls liked to do all the things I did (read, library, arts and crafts, the zoo, animals, yadda yadda) My son? Girl .......... not about that fishing and worms and the snake in his room or anything fixin' cars, etc! No girl. Not for me! LOL!

Miss Lynn? You okay? Missing your happy disposition and smiling face here daily! (yes, I read it over my phone - just can't comment! Then, no internet? GASP!)

Suz, I'm a mean mom. R-O-T-T-E-N! I make my kids put the phones away when we're out, especially dinner. I see it come out, they get 'the look.' And nobody wants 'the look' from their mama!! Not just me. MOMS. LOL! We didnt' have internet for 3 days in this area and I thought everyone (BUT ME!) was going to go out of their minds. Amazing how we've advanced ........ or not???

As that old saying goes ........ I love my computer - all my friends live in it!!!

Jeanette, extra hugs and safe travels.

Shelly -where ya at girl! I hope you are resting, but somehow I don't think you sit still for long!

Today I did laundry and got the car seat situation fixed in the truck (Alice went from the baby carry one to a 'big girl' seat! Gah!) then zipped across town to sell Boy Scout camp cards. Well, supervise. They sell. It went okay - one kid (who wasn't supposed to be there) kept hogging and elbowing out my son, and sold triple. Had I know, I would not have gone- it was SO HOT. OMGOSH like Africa Hot (Matthew Broderick!) But, I got a $6 tip! LOL! Some guy said he didn't want the $5 card and did we take donations? I said of course, it goes towards the camp cost for the scouts and he handed me a $5 - then found another dollar - and said here, that's for YOU and walked off. HUH? Not sure if he was implying I look like a Boy Scout now? LOL!

So, done and done. Tomorrow afternoon is a film project for drama so looks like another weekend of 'gettin' nuttin' done!

Waving to you, lovlies!
Old 05-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #3632
Mad Swapper

Yes Kel I too force the no cells during dinner at our family dinner night. But of course I cannot control what happens in their own home during the rest of the week. Its a crazy world we live in. Even Elmo has his cell phone friend Smarty. Elmo will say "What do we do when we want to know something?" "We look it up...Oh Smarty" and around comes an animated phone who goes to the internet to find the answers.

Started working on some tags from a Carta Bella 6x6 pad called Snow Fun. A bit out of my element as I'm really more motivated when I'm using Graphic 45. So I made 4 tags and quit. lol Not super impressed. I think the pad will get buried somewhere in my stash. Maybe I'll pull out the G45 tomorrow.

Today has been absolutely beautiful out. Upper 60's and sunny all day. Local Fresh Market has been getting ready for Cinco d Mayo. They have had Mariachi bands all day. So fun the Mariachi guys roam all through the store stopping every now and then while some girls all dressed up are dancing. Our fresh market is run by Hispanics so it's a big deal. I love it. So much fun ..lots of food samples and music. Can't beat that.

Happy Cinco d Mayo! Tomorrow! I guess today is "MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU"
Old 05-06-2019, 03:19 AM   #3633

Kelly and Susan, I, too, have a no cell phone at meal times policy... you should see the look on my DH's face, though, if/when his phone rings. You'd think I was depriving him of great wealth or something. Me oh my! That man does not handle "my" rule well. We have let the two kiddos who don't live with us know that if they desperately need us to immediately call the other phone - so if we both get a phone call from one of them, we answer.

I had a great weekend and hope you did, too! Now for the start of a new week - one that promises to be a bit hectic in our household. EEK!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-06-2019, 03:52 AM   #3634
Mad Swapper

Good Morning! So a Hectic week Jeanette. I am assuming its because its an all you and Brock week. You can do it! lol I'll keep sending the "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" vibe your way throughtout the week. heeheehee

Well I got some crafting in over the weekend so I'm a happy girl. Even tho I kept in tough with my friend on retreat (trying to get her motivated) it didn't work. She got a whopping 3 tags finished on a 3 day retreat. OMG Though she never said why she did not enjoy it she did say she wanted to go check out a LSS instead and was heading home earlier on Sunday. I'm sure we'll be talking about the dislikes later. Oh well I guess its not for everyone.
I also played around with making some grunge tags using coffee, cinnemon and vanilla extract. Interesting combo. Saw it on the internet so I had to try. Tried it on different types of paper and really like the results. Now I need to turn these beauties into fancy tags.
Bryce has his Spring Choral concert tonight so it's going to be an early family dinner nite. Love going to these kid concerts...they are so stinkin cute.

Lynn...Kelly...Shelly...did you all have a good weekend? Plans for upcoming week?
Old 05-06-2019, 04:06 AM   #3635

Hi Susan! No, DH is still home this week - until Saturday. Plus when I'm Brock's all, the time is usually less hectic. I block those days out on my calendar - no meetings, trips, etc - and there's less cooking, etc. So starting Saturday and through the next week, it will mostly be cleaning, organizing/purging, and stamping.

This week is meetings, meetings, meetings... and getting DH ready to go. (Have I ever mentioned he doesn't travel well?)

Oh my goodness... that's a mere one tag per day! What did she do with all of her time??? I'm sorry she didn't have a good time!

YAY for family night AND a Bryce concert, too! Fun times!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-06-2019, 09:42 AM   #3636
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Helllloooooo!

Helllloooooo!
LOL, Susan that story is Hilarious! I had to interrupt Rays work to tell him and he thought it was very funny!

Jeanette- wishing you a week of calm while hubby is gone! And, enjoy that kid! LOL, put your phone down! I am bad with looking everything up on the phone, my entire family (siblings)- info junkies! The in-laws laugh at us, but its just the way we are!
My hubby has a hard time NOT answering the phone during dinner- and frequently it is a telemarketer! He has improved 90 something percent though! His work goes through very hectic times and - he is very Loyal.
Hope hubby did well preaching in parish where your friend passed : (

Kelly- I would often give a donation rather that buy stuff people are selling as well. Like Girl Scout cookies- always get delivered during lent!

Lynn- how are the eyes- is everything clearer? How was the LONG car ride? (Other than long?) Saw a family pic on FB- so nice!!!

We had a fun weekend. I had to stop supplements like Tumeric and no alcohol either. We went to a Cinco de Mayo party Saturday night, and I decided Sunday would be my stop day. So fun catching up with friends, but we were home and in bed by 10:30 or 11:00.

Yesterday was gorgeous out! We went to 9:00 AM mass, did a few chores around the house, then headed out to Ray's brothers- he lives on the farm Ray grew up on. On the way there, Ray took me to a little town next door where there is an eagles nest. We had the good luck it decided to take a little flight to a tree a short block away, and I got some awesome pictures. I have seen eagles before, but this was the best!

The Illinois river is not too far from the nest, so it would really be awesome to see it come back with a fish, but we wanted to get to the farm : )

My BIL and his wife just bought 2 female lambs- they are growing like weeds! They are not pets- he is a farmer, so raises 6 cows per season and now trying sheep. They are really adorable! (Sorry Kelly).

That is my husband- he is talking to the sheep- was trying to get a picture, and then of course, the cows had to come over and get some attention too! I refrained from going for a jeep ride aka back....but then went to dinner -best fried chicken around, and then headed home. I do not usually eat fried food, but it was red hot, fresh and delicious!

Sorry- pictures went in all over the post......

OK- hope you enjoyed my weekly update and enjoyed that cuppa coffee!!!

Hugs and love to all!
Shelly
Old 05-06-2019, 10:08 AM   #3637

Hello Shelly - loving the pictures! And hearing what you've been up to. Some fun stuff!

We loved on the people and they loved on us, too! And yes, I might be biased, but I think DH did a good job.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-06-2019, 02:13 PM   #3638
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello, all!!

Susan, I DO LOVE your fabulous stories!! That Claire Bear is a hoot!! Have fun at Bryce's spring concert tonight!!

Jeanette, looks like my week is filling up with unexpected meetings as well! Oh, well! We'll get through them, I guess.

Kelly, a big girl seat already?? We are going to have to put a rock on top of Miss Alice! She is growing up so fast!!

Shelly, those eagle pictures are awesome. What a wonderful thing to happen upon.

Our trip was fast and furious. The entire 5 hours back to Houston we had to white-knuckle it due to heavy rain and scary lightening, but made it safe and sound.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #3639
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all!

Lynn - good to see you! I’m right behind you with those meetings and Jeanette, too. In fact I am at the church of the latter day saints Since this is where they were able to secure a meeting spot for a council vote for the Boy Scout brotherhood order of the arrow. Whew! Say that three times fast LOL!
I’m still NEWish to all this Scout stuff. My husband took a leap - not a step - back and a lot has landed on my shoulders. I’m used to grabbing my Starbucks and goofing off for 2 hours when they meet! Now it’s I need to be here. And here. And here!

Happy arrival of baby Sussex!! What a joyous moment! I was SO sure it was a girl

Today Alice is 7 months old! Can’t believe it. I had a talk over the weekend about maybe making a home office - away from home! I’m not sure if the logistics and the hows or when, but it’s very difficult to be at the table in full view of her. It’s game over!

Hugs!!
Old 05-06-2019, 03:51 PM   #3640
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly I love those photos!! Great shots!