Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #3321
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Shucks... I have to stay out of trouble when I'm home, Shelly? That's not good, since no one told me and I fear I've already been in trouble a wee bit

I'm sorry you didn't get cleared yet. Hopefully soon. Take care and only do what you feel up to doing.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:16 PM   #3322
Stampin' Fool

Shelly so sad you have not cleared up yet. Must be so frustrating. Sorry you're missing the play too but I'm sure Ray will fill you in with all the details. The Scrapbook store is in Crystal Lake. They have a FB page. Its called Cut it out Scrapbooking. Cindy and I are going Saturday morning for the grand opening. They are suppose to have make and takes from 10-3. I can't wait!!

Kelly...bet the play is going great and all your hard work probably looks fantastic. Can't wait to see pictures. Friday is approaching............your a nervous wreck aren't you? Don't worry your sisters are all praying for positive results. He will make it!!!
Waiting see new hair do too.

Waving to Lynn and Jeanette...are you guys crafting???

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Old 03-14-2019, 02:50 AM   #3323

Good Morning Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Susan, how fun to be able to go to the Grand Opening! You'll have to tell us all about it!

Waving to Lynn, Shelly, and Kelly(and praying)!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-14-2019, 03:41 AM   #3324
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanette, you know I am doing more than smelling it!! I wouldn't be here at the computer typing without my first cup in front of me for sipping!!

More prayers for you, Shelly!! May your meds kick in and tackle those bugs!! Sorry you missed the play, but glad you had some time to rest.

Susan, sure wish I was headed to that scrapbook store opening with you!! There are none left within 100 miles of me. I so miss browsing through all the papers and selected each perfect piece!! Have fun!!

Kelly, tell Little Man to "break a leg" tonight!! I know his parents will be bursting with pride over his performance on the stage!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that today is the day that my new compressor arrives and is installed! So far the temperature has been bearable!!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 03-14-2019, 03:44 AM   #3325

Hi Lynn... sniff and sip all you want.

I hope today brings good news for you regarding the compressor!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-14-2019, 04:16 AM   #3326
Stampin' Fool

Good Morning! Looks like I'm missing the Coffee Clutch with you Jeanette and Lynn. Ive been up for an hour now and still haven't made a cup. Uhggg...such a slacker. lol Instead I've been gathering my supplies for Saturday. Starting that day going to Cindys with my Pysanky Ukrainian Egg supplies. We are doing the fancy egg dying and in between going to the Grand Opening of the new LSS. Such a busy day planned...lol
Today I'm going to punch out a bunch of small flowers for an Egg Craft. You use those white craft eggs and glue little paper flowers all over it then add some glitter and optional bling. Made some similar years ago and just now got the bug to try it again. I figured if I give Claire crayons and a color book she'll let me do my craft..hahahaha

And now I need coffee...........Jeanette and Lynn are probably at least on their 2nd cup!

Old 03-14-2019, 07:08 AM   #3327

Hi Slacker... ummm... I mean Susan!

What fun... fancy egg decorating AND the grand opening, too, all in the same day! I want to come. I could bring a big thermos of coffee.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-14-2019, 09:17 AM   #3328
Stampin' Fool

Sure I'd welcome the company 😊😊😊
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:18 AM   #3329
Stampin' Fool

And the coffee...lol
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:45 AM   #3330
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Happy Thursday!

Another night of lots of sleep! I did not wake up until noon today! I do feel rested, but still coughing.

I woke up to 17 text messages- Uh oh..... but its just chatty Irish siblings today thankfully.

My hubby really had a ball going to the play last night! He was a little green with envy that my daughter and I were going to see the plays- its a package for 6 different plays. So glad that worked out for him. He was exhausted and slept in until 9:30, which he never does. He was panicked when he got up - usually has a conference call at 8AM.

We are getting buckets of rain here today- then it stops and the sun comes out. Lots of wind too. It is 60, but supposed to get chilly overnight with a chance of snow.....

I do love the smell of coffee, just not the taste- tea for me : ) Just plain old Black tea! I have 1 regular Irish or English B-fst tea, then decaf for the rest of the day. I was so shocked when my mom lived with us how much coffee costs! We keep it in hand for company, and on occasion, Ray will make himself a cup : )

Susan- my sister lives in Marengo- will have to go visit the store-Crystal Lake is pretty close. I wish them luck too!
Oh, I want to see the eggs you are making- one year I went and bough Styrofoam eggs and punched out a zillion flowers, then never made the eggs...

Jeanette- what kinda mischief are you getting into? I need a little excitement here! Most exciting part of the day is when the mailman comes!

Lynn- hope they Fix that A/C this time!!! It is warmer today in Fairfax, Va (Stephanie) and Florence, Ky (brother) than in Dallas (another brother). When does Liz arrive for weekend of stamping???

Kelly- I know you are off and running! Another night of the play for you, then when is Spring break? Next week or the week after that?

Corned beef is out of the freezer, looking forward to that- it is so delicious! Straight from a butcher- it is always so wonderful!

Ok, off to see what I can accomplish today in the craft room.

Shelly
Old 03-14-2019, 12:26 PM   #3331
Stampin' Fool

Shelly, I will post this years creations when we are done. I also wanted to get some easier ones for the ladies group to do. They will not have the patience to do the Ukrainian ones but maybe some simplier. I did the styro foam ones wilth a ton of flowers I had punched a couple years ago. Oh my I actually think it was more like 6 years ago. wow..time flies!

Old 03-14-2019, 01:16 PM   #3332

Susan, I will look forward to seeing your eggs, too!

Shelly, oh, mischief just finds me. I am a magnet for it, I fear. YAY for sleeping in and feeling rested. Please tell me how that feels - I've never experienced such things that I remember. LOL! Actually I did sleep in this morning. It was 5:03 before I woke up. I was shocked! That truly is a good night for me.

Years and years ago - my daughter wasn't even in school yet - I went to a women's mission meeting and we made eggs that I think were Ukranian. We first blew the egg out of the shell. EEEEEWWWWWWW! Then as I remember we had some wax stuff that we put on portions of the egg and then dipped it in colored ink. Of course the color only went where there was no wax. Removed that wax and added wax in other areas; dipped... repeated. We were creating a design, so this required more thought than it sounds like. I actually thought mine turned out quite pretty!

BUT... I had a preschooler, an active Brock, and another son, too.... so what was I to do with such a delicate egg, right? I gave it to my parents. LOL! Now lest you think that was a brilliant idea, I must tell you they were full-time RV'ers at the time. They had no home. They lived in a motor home and traveled all over the US, including going to Alaska in said motor home. Sheesh! What was I thinking???

Did the egg survive?

Yep, in fact, they settled down about 15 years ago now and reside in a home again... and the egg is still with them, unbroken... but well-traveled.

Maybe the next time I go visit them I can remember to take a picture of the egg.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #3333
Stampin' Fool

Oh Jeanette those are the ones Cindy and I are going to do. They are so pretty. I'll take pics of my old ones before I share the new. I would love to see yours. N So awesome that it has survived.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:32 PM   #3334

Susan, I am amazed that it has - and amazed that I remembered correctly that it was a Ukranian egg.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-15-2019, 03:00 AM   #3335

Was it just me or were others having trouble getting into SCS this morning? I kept getting a database error message. I don't like database errors that keep me from my friends!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-15-2019, 03:05 AM   #3336

My, my, MY! The wind was awful yesterday - AWFUL! I could barely stand up in it when I went to the store. And it's howling outside now - it's dark, so I can't see how it looks.

BUT... in Springfield (where I go for meetings all the time) our state convention building had major damage due to wind yesterday. Big portions of the roof blew off. They said the sustained winds were probably 70+ mph. The huge pieces landed in the parking lot, damaging at least one car, but no one was hurt. Some firemen just happened to be a block away and saw it come flying off, so were there within moments to help. Scary stuff. It was just before 4:30 so much of the staff had just left for home (they get off at 4:00). There were about 20 people in the building at the time. They said the noise was awful.

I'm certainly thankful Hot Sauce was NOT in the parking lot at the time.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-15-2019, 04:26 AM   #3337
Stampin' Fool

Good morning!
Yes Jeanette those winds were horrid. I watched the news clip about down state and it was a good thing no one was seriously injured. We had the winds but I'm pretty sure not 70mph here but more around 50mph. Some local damage too but as far as I know no injuries. I'm sure glad you weren't over there with a meeting and that Big Red was safe at home.

Lets see 60's yesterday and today high of 39 with snow in forcast. Yep it's Chicagoland! LOL

I'll check in later.........I need coffee before Claire gets here. Oh and Jeanette I had no problems getting on to SCS.........but I had no new notifications in my emails again. ughhhhh ongoing issue over here.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:29 AM   #3338

Hi Susan... glad you are okay with no injuries from the winds, too. Yikes! What weather! It's colder here today, too. Yesterday it was mid-70's.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-15-2019, 04:33 AM   #3339

Here's just one of the pictures I've seen...

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-15-2019, 07:19 AM   #3340
Proud Fan Club Member

High winds are so scary and powerful!! Glad you both came out O.K., Jeanette and Susan! Hope all escaped injury!

Susan, I cannot wait to see your amazing eggs!!! Have fun, girlfriend, and share as quick as you can!!!! Be sure to post a picture of your treasures from the new scrapbook store as well!!

Kelly, today is the BIG DAY!! Can't wait to hear the news!! I know you must be on pins and needles!

A new cold front blew in here last night lowering the temperatures into the 50s today. Lucky for me! The compressor has not come in from the factory and probably won't be installed before the weekend.

Shelly, so glad to hear you are getting some needed rest. Liz came on Wednesday and left this morning! She got a lot more stamping accomplished than I did! I couldn't get my mojo going it seems and spent too much time playing Cookie Jam!! The rest of the time we spent eating out or playing cards with my parents. It was a good visit!
I pulled freezer meals out for Liz and I in the evenings. I am trying to get her to convert to this style of cooking. It would be perfect for her and her husband!

I'm thinking today will be a lazy, stay at home day. T.V. and napping with the puppies in my lap. So that I don't feel like a total slug, I'll probably do a load of wash or two.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:27 AM   #3341

Oh Lynn... since you're doing laundry, can you do mine too please???

I'm sorry the compressor is not in yet.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-15-2019, 10:03 AM   #3342
Stampin' Fool

Oh my goodness Jeanette...I haven't seen that. Talk about scary. Can't even imagine what people would have done if they saw that coming. We just had some sign damage in the shopping center and as far as I know a few tree's were damaged. Crazy cold front..with the dampness is feels alot chillier than 39.

Lynn sounds like a perfect day to curl up and watch a few movies and relax. So glad you enjoyed your visit even without your mojo. lol Sometimes it's just nice to sit, chit chat, and eat!

Well Kelly is on cloud nine! She posted on FB that littl' man got accepted!!! Hooray! Such exciting news for their family. Bet she's out celebrating right now with double Bux's. heehee

Well before my time gets crazy (Bryce sleep over here tonight then me leaving at 8am) I thought I'd post some stuff.

First these are the flowered eggs I did 6 years ago.
Then here is my carton of blown out eggs for tomorrow along with the Then here is my carton of blown out eggs for tomorrow along with Then here is my carton of blown out eggs for tomorrow along with the Then here is my carton of blown out eggs for tomorrow along with the flower egg samples I made yesterday to have the ladies do in 2 weeks. If you see the little bouquet in the background those are the Flower eggs Tori did 6 years ago while I was making the others.
Not too shabby for a little girl who was just turning 5.
Then here are my Ukrainian Eggs from about 20 years ago. Told ya its been along time since I did these...lol
I actually keep them in a large glass fish bowl with some decoupoge and glitter eggs I have. So surprised they have kept so well after all these years.
Well like I said I leave at 8 tomorrow and its Bryce and Ama time tonight so I probably won't check in until Sunday. Maybe Saturday night if I'm not pooped. And yes Lynn if I get some treasures from the new LSS I'll be sure to share pics.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #3343
Stampin' Fool

OMG....so ticked off.......downloaded many photos and a long post here because I'm not sure I'd have time later and I got the stupid database error you got Jeanette. And ofcourse that deletes EVERYTHING I just typed GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old 03-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #3344
Stampin' Fool

Ok now I'm confused..........................I just typed the OMG post hit post and both showed up. SCS is having issues for sure

Old 03-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #3345
Proud Fan Club Member

Hip Hip Hooray for the Santi family!! Know there will be lots of celebrating tonight!!

Susan, those eggs are awesome!! Can't wait to see the new ones you add to the collection!!

Jeanette, I am just now getting the wash in the machine, but I'll be happy to toss yours in as well. Hand it over!!

Old 03-15-2019, 07:11 PM   #3346

Susan, I'm glad the photos came through because they are gorgeous!

YAY! Lynn is doing my laundry!

And congrats to the Santi family and especially Kelly's son!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-15-2019, 07:11 PM   #3347

I forgot to mention this morning - I'll be gone most of the day tomorrow, so I won't be on SCS again until Monday. I'll see you then! Enjoy your weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-15-2019, 08:04 PM   #3348
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Waving hello!

Lynn- hope it stays cooler until that compressor arrives! What did your sis think of the freezer meals?

Kelly- Wahoo! for little man! SO awesome! The pics on FB of the play look incredible!

Jeanette-safe travels! Wow- that blown off roof looks bad! We did not have wind damage like that here. But, did see reports of it on the news. The farm area where Ray grew up had alot of trees down. So amazing that fragile egg made it all over the place- in an RV- intact!!!

Susan- those eggs are gorgeous! I love both pictures! I gave up on the punched ones, and did smocked and beaded eggs instead : ) They will not break or fall apart. Yours are in perfect shape though- despite having little ones around!

I did venture out to a small prayer time at church- I wore a mask, and only 2 other people were in the chapel with me, so not too bad. Tomorrow, I will venture out to the PO and to run another errand.

Tomorrow-cooking- chicken noodle soup and chicken taco's. Sunday- Corned Beef and Cabbage : ) If you wear green, you cannot be seen by naughty leprechauns and therefore- pinch proof. I had never heard of that until I made a card for Bugaboo- had to look it up. Guess it's because I always wear my Irish / green for St Pat's Day!

Have a great weekend!
Shelly
Old 03-16-2019, 07:12 AM   #3349
Proud Fan Club Member

I guess I am just not Irish enough, Shelly. I have NEVER tasted corned beef and cabbage!

Be careful today and don't pick up any new bugs!!

Still no compressor, but still cool. I wonder how long my luck will hold out?

Old 03-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #3350
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello Hello!

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back - but so glad we are friends on Facebook! I know I can find you all in SOME place!

THANKS SO MUCH! for the congratulatations - yes, we are ecstatic!!! He's an amazingly talented young man - not saying that because he's my son (scouts honor!) He's 14. FOURTEEN. and I have NEVER heard my son sing! Until the show. My jaw hit the floor! Boy got skills. (didn't get that from church - hence, why I never joined the choir even when begged! No. NOPE. NO.) It was an amazing show, such a fun one to watch. And we were beside ourselves that he got accepted to all the schools he applied for - most kids were wait-listed, his all said yes! But, we got his school of choice and we are very grateful. Its blocks from my house, too - no more massive commuting!

We had a celebration dinner last night and it took us 3.5 hours to eat/celebrate and finally get home! GOOD TIMES!

I'm sorry to hear about the storms - stay safe. I did read about the bomb cyclone ~

scary times!

Those eggs, Susan - quite impressive! You always were a wonderful 3D artists! I can't even manage a fancy fold on a card, lol.

Jeanette - enjoy your meeting.

Shel, I hope you're better, my friend!!!

Lynn, no compressor! Oh I hope you and the girls are cooling, especially since your sister was there - how did the crafty time go? I imagine smiles and chatter and creativity!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2019, 02:47 AM   #3351

Shelly, thanks - my trip was safe and enjoyable, too. I should have traveled a bit further though... to your house for tacos!

Lynn, I'm not Irish enough either. I have tasted corned beef and am NOT a fan... at. all. Yuk!

Kelly, that is so surprising to me that you'd never heard your FOURTEEN year old son sing before. WOW! What a blessing to finally get to hear him. I'm glad the family celebrated... such a joy!

Susan, your MIA. I hope all is well... sending out the search party. Love ya, my friend!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-18-2019, 04:34 AM   #3352
Stampin' Fool

I'm here! Not missing in action just crafting the weekend away! Whewwwww and what a busy weekend it was. Had all my eggs blown and my Kistka's ready. Made only 4 jars of die since I didn't really have a design plan. Since I was showing Cindy how to do it I made quite simple ones this time. They're ok but I've done better. We only got 4 done on Saturday as far as getting all the waxing and dying done but not all got the wax removal done on Saturday. Of course I dropped 2 (distroyed..thank goodness I had just started the first waxing) Cindy dropped 3, and I guess I rubbed too hard removing the wax on one and it busted in my hand. I'm left with 3 that are finished and 1 that still have 2 more waxings and dye baths. No pictures yet. Maybe I should take one of the egg before the wax is removed too.
We went to the grand opening of the LSS and it's a very nice store. They have a FB page and the store is called Cut it up Scrapbooking. You can see pics of their store there. Met the owner...very nice. She's still trying to get organized. Bought the store and all that was in it from a store located in Michigan. So she's been busy sorting and unpacking all the stuff. Lots of pretty paper but not much in solids. She wants to get into a different line from previous store which I guess sold Martha Stewart papers. I didn't even know Martha Stewart carried a line of papers. Anyway she re packed all MS papers and was selling solid pack for $3 25 sheets. So what the heck I picked up a few. Another treasure was a nesting egg die for $2.50. Other than that picked up some new Christmas Papers (that I need like I need a hole in my head)and some unique colors of Shimmer paper. They're like a smokey greyish taupey color. You can picture that color right????? LOL Yeah me neither but it was a cool shade and she only had 4 sheets so what the heck...heeheehee
Wore my green yesterday though I'm not Irish. Hubby is Scottish but wore green too but no Corned Beef here. Waiting for tonight so it's family dinner. We LOVE corned beef. I slow roast it in the oven (not a fan of boiled meat of anykind) and glaze the top. DH also smokes it during the summer months for sandwiches...yummy! Cabbage? Yeah I'm again mot a fan but I make it anyway for family members who do.

Jeanette glad you had a good trip. Are you home for awhile?

Shelly careful...lots of flu stuff going around again.

Kelly glad you were able to celebrate. Such exciting news.

Lynn can you see the smoke from Deer Park? What a shame. I haven't seen the whole story yet. All I know is it's a chemical plant. Hope no one gets hurt.

Have a great day ladies!

Old 03-18-2019, 04:56 AM   #3353

Susan, I'm sorry so many eggs didn't survive. That must have been disappointing. I love cabbage... so I'll skip the corned beef and go straight to it.

Home... well, that term is relative for me. LOL! Home is "where I hang my hat" as the saying goes... or better yet (since I don't wear a hat)... Home is where I park Hot Sauce.

But to answer your question, I am home this week... but leave next Monday for a couple of days (to the building that lost its roof). This week is busy busy busy with meetings. And Saturday I'm the host at card club, so I'll be making refreshments for that.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-18-2019, 06:04 AM   #3354
Proud Fan Club Member

I love cooked cabbage, too, Jeanette!! I love to pan fry it with ground beef and chopped onions. Yum!!

Susan, I can't see the smoke from Deer Park! I image my kids can from their place. So fortunate that no one was injured. Chemical plants are very dangerous, indeed!
I am sure I would have broken many an egg during that delicate work, too!! I can't wait to see your finished ones that survive. Your nesting egg dies remind me that I need to get a card made today and I think I will use my egg dies and make it an Easter card! I foresee some washi tape eggs in my very near (10 minutes) future!

Kelly, how fabulous to have so much less driving next year. All that gas money you save can go to more Bux and craft supplies!!

Shelly, I hope each day finds you feeling better and better.

Haven't hear a word from my air people. I am beginning to get a little frustrated. I had no commitments last week, but this week Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are booked. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! Fortunately for me, the temperatures continue to be very low for this time of the year in Texas.

Spent Saturday afternoon in the ER with Daddy. He was having severe back pain. After all the blood work and scans, they found nothing and sent him home with pain meds. You wouldn't think that at 90 it would be a challenge to keep him down and resting, but it is. He was is less pain yesterday and moving around more than he should.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:28 AM   #3355
Proud Fan Club Member

Yep, MONDAY! How yous doin'!?! <~ in my best New Yawk accent!

Oh Lynn, hadn't heard of the chemical plant - but happy to hear you (and the kids) are all okay! yes, they are scary. I live within 30 miles of one!
Sorry about the compressor - today, I pray! You are dutiful daughter and I'm so glad your dad is okay! ♥

Susan, I'm trying not to smile at you and the slippery eggs! What an adventure! It sounds like you've found a new fun place to hang out at the Cut it Up!

Hi Jeanette! Waving to Shelly!

Thanks for the woohoos! Yes, we celebrated - ALL weekend! We went out Friday til the wee hours, Saturday we were out again and the Sunday, we had a big family breakfast (I don't eat bfast, I had a colada - of the cuban coffee kind, not the drink, LOL!) It was wildly fun and now we are all so tired and could barely get up this am! This morning, I had to go to the HS to register my son for the school - he committed on Friday and submitted his 'spot' selection. Big times ahead - high school. Can't believe it.

Came home and scrambled to get my blog post going! I was up til 2 am with my dd (the flu, of course, what else!) and couldn't finish it ....... I was playing with my Tim Hotlz alcohol inks, dusted them off and found some treasure hunt fun with 'what's old is new again' - hee hee!

Now I'm home long enough to sweet the floors and toss in some laundry and enjoy SCS, my diet coke and Cheetos. The crunchy kind. I live life on the wild side!
Old 03-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #3356
Proud Fan Club Member

Compressor is here and being installed!! Woo Hoo!! Right in front of the hot weather!!

Must be my lucky day. I got out and bagged up leaves and branches I had piled up over the winter and got them all to the curb just as the brush pick-up people arrived!!

Two for two today!!! Yipee!!

Kelly, love me some Cheetos!! Crunchy kind ONLY!!

Old 03-18-2019, 01:48 PM   #3357
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Lynn, you make me giggle! My Cheetos sistah!

I'm so happy that you got your compressor - it must be nice and cool!
And WTG on the lawn and to the curb in time!

Just got home again after running around and school pick up. Tomorrow is my son-in-law's birthday and dd/Alice want to make cards and a cake - good times! Tonight is meatballs and pasta and garlic bread ........... what's on your menu, friends?
Old 03-18-2019, 02:51 PM   #3358
Proud Fan Club Member

Tonight will be lasagna and garlic bread. Refrig cherry pie for dessert!

It is almost 6 and they are still working on the air conditioner!

Old 03-18-2019, 04:08 PM   #3359
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hi ladies,
I slept until noon again.... I read emails, then worked on catching up on the bible study I missed the last 2 weeks. I did not do my missed work until today, so it took me all afternoon. Next class is tomorrow- hope I get there- starts at 9AM..... LOL

I made Chicken Noodle Soup today- that is what I am eating for dinner.

We have leftover Corned beef, will most likely be for tomorrow. Ours is straight from the butcher- and it is so delicious- everyone who tastes it always comments on it. The butcher does the brine, we have to follow directions when we first receive it, and then just cook it up come March....Oh my!!! Yes, cabbage and boiled potatoes and carrots too. Yummy!

Kelly- so excited for you!!! Have a great B-day with SIL. and so fun that the family celebrated all together. You have never heard your little one sing? Not even around the house? My sisters kids sing....so awesome- none of mine can carry a tune too well.

Lynn- so glad that compressor arrived and is being installed!

Susan- I look forward to seeing the eggs- will have to watch a You Tube to see how they are made- they are so beautiful! WIll check the FB page of that store.

Jeanette- so no hats? I love that Hot Sauce is home for a few days before you venture out again, anytime you are in the area, I am always happy to cook- then stamp with you!!! Life is good : )

Shelly
Old 03-19-2019, 03:23 AM   #3360

Suffice it to say, I sure hope today is a better day than yesterday was.

Happy Birthday celebration for your SIL, Kelly - how fun you and DD and Alice can prepare for the festivity together!

YAY for the new compressor - I hope it's up and running now, Lynn!

Shelly, oh that would be such fun to pop in for a visit with you! I'll keep that idea in the back of my head, one never knows when I'll have opportunity to be near you.

Susan, I'm looking forward to reading a post from you soon - was Family Dinner a big hit?

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram