Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-13-2019, 04:37 AM   #3121
Stampin' Fool

LOL...Kelly love the card and I think DH would get a laugh out of it. Of course with me the question is "To shave or not to shave". I would have had to add that to the card somehow since it's a standing joke in our house heeheehee. Anyway I LOVE the card and so will your DH. Oh yes Alice is sure growing up. Poor baby is going to have to eat creamed Pea's I'm sure. I rufused to give them to my kids or grands. I HATE PEAS!! But DIL gave them to the kids at her house and now Claire Bear actually asks for peas when I ask her whats for lunch. YUCK!!! She cannot be MY granddaughter. lol

Jeanette I feel your fears. When Nick was in school my biggest fear was to not make it home in time for the bus. Luck for me I was never late but Oh so close. I use to have the (neighborhood) grandma on the look out incase I was late.

Never got my cards done. Hope no one minds getting them a bit late in the mail. But I did get the grands to finish their family Valentines. Sometime with Bryce that's a chore since he's not a big crafter. He'd much rather be on the tablet playing games. So hopefully I'll get finished today.

Hi Lynn......Hi Shelly hope you two are doing good.

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:48 AM   #3122
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Susan! That's so funny about not giving the grands peas and now Claire asks for them. *giggling

Our problem is we have no neighborhood Grandma (or anyone) to call on if we aren't home.

Oh, and we'd barely gotten to our meeting - an hour + from home yesterday - when DH's phone rang - it was Brock's workplace. My heart fell to my stomach! We. were. an. hour. away. (at best)

Turns out, one of Brock's pills (he takes a container with a pill for each day to work with him each Monday and they distribute them to him at lunch time)... one of the pills fell on the floor yesterday and had to be thrown away so they were calling us to ask us to send an additional pill with him today.

Whew! That was a relief!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 02-13-2019, 07:48 AM   #3123
Stampin' Fool

Oh my heart would have sunk too!! Thank goodness it was just an informational call.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:59 AM   #3124

Definitely. I know you understand my heart so well, Susan.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-13-2019, 09:21 AM   #3125
Proud Fan Club Member

Dashing through - literally with rain boots on and sloshing around! Miami is under flood watch for the torrential rains we have. Of course, Miami doesnt need an excuse for dumb drivers!!! Today was HORRIBLE! I was praying all the way home - Jesus take the wheel!

Susan, thank you so much for your sweet and funny words on my card - lol. I defintely won't get it to dh - I was just messing around and enjoying a (new to me!) stamp set! I purchased one on Nat'l Scrapbook day and it came with 3 freebies! AH-MAY-Zing! That set is one of them, and it's sat, uninked ....... as if half of my stamp supply. There's a joke on social media that we have two hobbies: One is cardmaking, the other is buying cardmaking supplies. LOL!

Alice is doing good so far eating up her little introductions - I haven't tried, her mama is doing a bang up job of keeping her on point and feeding her ♥ I do bottles! She was in my lap today as I quickly colored/created a card for the 13th day of the daily marker and she was flinging a pink marker all around. Of ALL the colors she could have grabbed, she picked pink! (Oma's least favorite color, lol) LOVE HER!

Yikes, Jeanette - glad you had Brock all squared away and it was just a pill!

We've been under a little careful watch here as 2 kids decided to pose a threat to my son's middle school and specifically targeted a young teacher and her infant daughter. I was so angry when the details came out. This. has. to. stop! Both kids - 13 - yes THIRTEEN - were arrested. They are too young to be dealing with this at this age

Wish me luck as I paddle - I mean, drive - back out!
Old 02-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #3126
Stampin' Fool

How scary Kelly. And only 13? This has gotten insane. I wish I knew how to stop all the hate.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #3127
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Daytime stop by! Waving hello!!!

I first want to say- prayers of Thanksgiving for Susan and Nick & family! It has to be such a huge relief to see him back to himself!!! And, to be back to your regular routine!

Jeanette- sure- happy to look up some resources and training info. Alot of the 30 hours of training are about writing goals and lesson plans...which would be short term for you. Unless you have different teams going in to work with the clients, or regular ESL with the same people in locations you serve.
Glad you made it before Brock arrived home- and that your heart did not totally stop when the phone rang!

Lynn- what are you doing up at 3:30AM? My husband was doing that for a while- he was so stressed at work. He finally stopped that.....! He will not eat or drink anything after a certain time and goes to bed at pretty much the same time every night now. How do you like the Gemini? I was tempted....but did not buy one. Do you need the big one, or is the Jr fine? (I think I would get the Jr).

Kelly- little Alice is eating cereal and food already? Wowza- seems like she should still be itty bitty! We have the funniest video of Stephanie being introduced to Spinach.....hehehe it was great- the face she made!!! The other two would pass food back and forth to each other, and eventually smear it all over themselves. Frequently, I would strip them to their diapers only when they ate (which was in the High chair)..... The messier the better! They would get really upset if I moved the chairs far away from each other. Chris usually finished first, so I would clean him up and get him dressed, then he would go over to Katie's high chair and she would feed him....so I just put them back next to each other.

I have been in a little bit of a funk- not in the mood to do much, but its really hard to sit down and create. I do not know why...once I get myself up to the craft room, I am OK most of the time, but I have no idea how to snap out of it- as I have ALOT to get accomplished! I woke up today, laid back down and fell asleep- work up at 9:11 for a 9:30 prayer group (we really visit until 10:00). So, I decided 9:11 was from God and got myself up and went to prayer group- such a good morning! Now, here and I should get off and get upstairs and stamp!

Yesterday, I made a card for an Asian mingle I am in, and for 2 hours I sorted stamps...... but, I did come back later and got the card completed, so glad for that! I made a list of what I need to accomplish and the dates to keep me on task..... : )

All right, Fabulous Five- I like that- signing off to get busy! I love creating and coloring. I usually create in silence, but today will play some nice soft music : )

Shelly
Old 02-13-2019, 12:23 PM   #3128
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL for the cute card Kelly!

-13 is way to young to be doing that kind of crazy stuff! Kids have so much pressure in the world they live in today!

Shelly
Old 02-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #3129
Proud Fan Club Member

Susan. You and me both. It breaks my heart how far off course this generation has gotten. My daughter is a brand new special education teacher and school is not what it used to be! She’s on maternity leave for one year and I’m not sure if she’s going to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBYSUE View Post
How scary Kelly. And only 13? This has gotten insane. I wish I knew how to stop all the hate.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:00 PM   #3130
Proud Fan Club Member

Yay it’s Shell-belle! I am so glad that you popped in and we miss you when you were not here !!

Oh I am overjoyed and smiling huge from the story of your twins and how they took care of each other! I always wanted twins guess it’s kind of ironic that I look back and I see that I have 4 kids - haha! I have no doubt that your babies are still taking care of each other today You guys are awesome that way. Spinach. I’d make a face, too! I do like raw spinach but not cooked, Alice is a trip. So far she’s liking her infant cereal. The rest is one small intro to make sure she’s not allergic. She has an allergy to milk and her body won’t break it down

My friend give yourself some room to breathe and grow in the newness of the situation you are in. You have had more than your fair share of life changing events and almost back to back so it might take a little bit of time for you to fine that we little spark to get you going You are doing awesome!

One thing that helps me is I watch YouTube videos and people like Yana Smakula Or Laura FeDora and they just make me want to go make something ! Lol!!

Feel better and we love ya!!
Old 02-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #3131

Kelly, that breaks my heart. So tragic that kids that young have such ideas and to think they could have acted on it. I'm so thankful someone knew and stopped them before they could cause such tragic circumstances!

Shelly, it's good to see you. I'm sorry you're feeling in a funk. Praying you find peace in the midst of the funk. (((HUGE hugs))) I'll send you a PM some time soon, to ask more about the ESL.

Susan, how has your day been?

Lynn, have we seen you today? I hope all is well!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-14-2019, 03:12 AM   #3132

Good Morning Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-14-2019, 04:53 AM   #3133
Stampin' Fool

I'm still not getting email notifications of posts on here so I am always so surprised when I come back and find so may more posts to catch up on. Grrrr.......

Shelly, you will get there. I have faith in you. Its not easy when so much has happened in such a short time. Hang on girl and know we fab 5 all love ya.

Lynn...you are missing in action. We sure can't wait til we hear all that you have been up to.

Kelly...I can feel the pain of the milk allergy. Tori had that and still does. It was so hard to see her so crabby when she was little and vomiting until Drs figure it out. Its an entire dairy thing for her. Though now it isn't as bad and she usually takes a lactose chewable if theres alot of dairy in a meal. Speaking of liking baby cereal.......Claire STILL loves the gerber baby cereal. Dislikes, what I call people oatmeal, cream of wheat, coco wheats BUT will eat baby cereal!! Go figure. DIL refuses to get it for her and says either she eats what everyone else has or she has toast but DIL will not buy baby cereal. LOL....Ama does though heeheehee. My little Claire Bear can have all the baby cereal she wants here with me!!

Jeanette I thought I'd get motivated and I did somewhat. I did finish my cards but I never got out envelopes or addressed them. People understand lateness right??? heehee Didn't get to the blogs either instead had to watch the new dinosaure cartoons with Claire. At least it's a change from Bubble Guppies!

Well today I"m getting out of the house. I have been locked up since last thurs when I brought Nick home from the hospt. I need to get out!!! So there's a new Steinmart that opened (never been to that store) and a new place called At Home that opened both in Algonquin and across the street from each other so I'm going to go check it out. I love home decor so I hope I don't spend too much$$$$$$$$.. Hopefully I'll find some envelopes and get these darn cards in the mail too. Right now off to see some blogs. Really..........I'm gonna do it!!

HAPPY Valentines Day to my all time favorite cyber BFF's! Love ya all!

Old 02-14-2019, 05:27 AM   #3134

Susan, it's so good to see you - and you might well win the Ama of the Year award with that cereal scenario.

Have fun getting out of the house today! I hope you love the two new stores!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-15-2019, 03:13 AM   #3135

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-15-2019, 04:15 AM   #3136
Proud Fan Club Member

Boy, have I missed a lot!! So glad to catch up on everyone this morning.

Kelly, those school threats are so frightening. Sure wish for the simplier days when schools were a place to have fun and learn. Would love to see Alice enjoying her cereal!! That is such a fun stage as they are introduced to new tastes!

Shelly, the ebb and flow of grief will be something that will catch you off guard for quite a while. Enjoy to the fullest the good days and pamper yourself with what you need on the sad ones. Hugs to you always.

I much prefer the Gemini Junior. I have unplugged the large one and use the little one exclusively.

Jeanette, so glad your scary phone call turned out to be easily handled! Brock and Nick are so blessed and fortunate to have such amazing parents who are so tuned in to their every need. What respect I have for you and Susan!

Susan, Claire Bear knows she can count on her Oma!! What did you get at Steinmart and At Home? Spill the beans!!

I have been busy with Valentine's Day and Mother's 90th birthday. My sister is here for both. Today we are taking her out for her birthday luncheon at her favorite seafood place although her birthday isn't until tomorrow. Liz has to head home today.

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 02-15-2019, 04:32 AM   #3137
Stampin' Fool

Well yesterday was fun. First I wasn't impressed with Stein Mart. Ended up being a clothing store strictly for men and women and I thought the cloths were a bit...well...outdated. Or maybe they just weren't my style. But the "At Home" store? OMG it was like a Home Goods on steroids!!! I mean aisle after aisle of throw pillows each aisle a different color. Same for picture frames, artwork, rugs, candles...get the picture? I was in "Decor Heaven" We were in there for like 2 hrs and still didn't get to see all. Some aisles we just breezed by because something further down caught our eye. lol Funny thing.....only thing I bought was a sink strainer for bottom of my sink and a container for my dogs dog food. LOL But I wanted.................too much to list!!! lol

Today is Nicks first follow up visit. Temps yesterday were so nice (in the 40's) that I hate going out today since it's only 6 this morning.

So what are the plans for all of you???

Jeanette did we hear if Brock won yet? I loved your story. To be honest I love all your Brock stories! Last I saw you had a TON of likes on your comment!

Old 02-15-2019, 04:34 AM   #3138
Stampin' Fool

LOL............Lynn we're typing at the same time!! Enjoy your lunch and Happy Birthday to yiur dear mom.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:05 AM   #3139
Proud Fan Club Member

I love Home Goods, so I know I would have enjoyed your stroll through At Home, Susan!

I voted for Brock, too, Jeanette!! He was WAY ahead then!! Sure hope he wins!!

Old 02-15-2019, 05:29 AM   #3140

Lynn, how fun for you and your sister to be able to celebrate with you Mom. I am certain you made her feel very loved!

Susan, I can just see you ooohing and aaahing in all those aisles! I pray today's followup goes well and they tell you Nick is doing fabulous!

Thank you for voting/liking Brock! WOW! He's way ahead - I just checked. 113 for him and his closest contender is 16. No announcement yet... not sure when they will tell. I do hope he wins, he'd be so pleased! But if he doesn't, it's not for a lack of friends, so we can be thankful for all the people who thought enough of Brock to go cast a like vote!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-15-2019, 08:45 AM   #3141
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Fri-yay!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's! It was HOPPING yesterday! My dh brought me some beautiful flowers and a Starbucks! He knows what's up!

I voted for Brock as well - he's the winner, hands down. Can't wait to see his photo with his winnings!

I'm babysitting Alice today - so excited! I mean, I see her every day .... LOL
Mom and dad are going out for VDay celebration as they purposely didn't go out yesterday. My daughter worked and it was insanity! She came home loaded with tips though - people are most generous on Mother's Day #1 and Valentine's Day #2!
Mama got her haircut off - maybe it's a new mom thing? From her waist to her collarbone - and it looks wonderful!

Little man is camping this weekend -leaves tonight, comes back Sunday. They are heading to the waterways and canoeing! It's GORGEOUS here right now, too. I just got word I may be taking home 2 other scouts - eeeeeeeew. you know they don't shower AT. ALL. WHILE. GONE.

oooooof. I need to borrow my husband's pick up with the open flat bed, lol!

Happy day!
Old 02-15-2019, 01:01 PM   #3142

Oh Kelly... precious one-on-one time with Alice! Enjoy!!! I'm sure "Mama" looks fabulous with her new hairstyle! Your young man is going to have a great weekend, I'm sure!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-15-2019, 01:02 PM   #3143

Heart Thank you!

A huge thanks to everyone who helped Brock win this basket of goodies by "liking" his story in the CDC contest. The lip whistle is a BIG hit, as was the Ring Pop he's already devoured.

Find Me on Instagram

allee's likes this post.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:25 PM   #3144
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Wahoo, congrats to Brock!!!

Friday, finally!!! I am needing to work on ATC;s and also need to blog hop for the Dueling Darlings group.
I had a pretty interesting day yesterday, slept until noon..... I see by my fit bit I have been waking up at night more than usual lately- not sure why..... but....determined to get something done. Practiced piano first, delightful, then took a shower....started doing mixed media-ish 12 x 12 sheet for ATC's. Delusions spray in red, Gesso.... applied and now pink...I tried to NOT make it pink again..... then gesso had to dry so ran errands.

First to Walgreens, the Aldi. As I was loading groceries into my car, a woman waved me over, so I went and she asked if I could help- she and her teenage daughter live in their car.... Her daughter was in the backseat and lots of crap in the back. So, I took the daughter in- they have no access to cook, so that limited what they could have. Hard to eat nutritiously..... I talked to them about resources in the community- it is cold here to be living in a car. The daughter does not want to be separated from her mother, so does not want school to know..... Heart breaking! Ray has been tight with money (I am not), so I was worried about his reaction, but he was OK with it. I feel so bad for the teenage child!

Came home and worked on ATC's after that on/off. I stopped by the neighbors with Ray (the one who has a husband with Alzheimers). Her 4 yr old Grandson was there...... So adorable. While I was out, I bought her a dozen roses... She liked them : )

ESL today- what a sweet dear lady and family. We are kind of starting over again after a month or so off at Christmas.

Today we had a shooting about 1/2 hour from where we live- on the news for 2 hours now. 5 people deceased and many injured, including police officers. I need to bring my coloring stuff down here, I cannot pull my way away from the TV.

Kelly- fun day : ) Enjoy that sweet baby! Bet your daughter looks fantastic with her hair shorter! LOL, yep, when the boys went away, I would always tell them to change their underwear....very funny!

Susan- my idol- I am going to be that Grandma- LOL She wants baby cereal- fine with me : ) (as long as what she wants does not harm her, why not!!!). I am not the biggest fan of Stein Mart either. My Mom found some really cute clothes there, but I always end up leaving empty handed...but there is a Tuesday Morning a few stores away : ) How was your visit to the Home Store?

Oh Lynn, so nice to have a B-day celebration with your mom and sister! that will be fabulous! So very nice!!!

Thanks for all of the bug cyber hugs..... that feeling of sadness snuck up on me!

Shelly
Old 02-16-2019, 02:20 AM   #3145

Thank you, Shelly! Oh my, what a heartbreaking situation for the mom/daughter to be living in their car - in this brutal winter weather. I am so glad you were able to help them some, as well as to give them some suggestions for places to go. They are in such a difficult situation. It makes one wonder how they are able to survive, in fact... and keep the girl in school, too.

Waving to everyone else. We'll be gone much of this day - a couple of events. Plus I have to color today. (I wouldn't want to miss a day in the middle of the 30-days of coloring.

Make your day whatever you want it to be!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-16-2019, 07:09 AM   #3146
Proud Fan Club Member

I would like for today to be a pj day of crafting, but it is my mom's actual birthday so I am sure I will need to get dressed and head over there to help her continue the celebration!

I love all the fabulous photos of Brock with his prizes, Jeanette!! Hope you are able to work in your coloring into your busy day.

Shelly, your story of the mother and daughter is so heart-breaking. I can not even image the challenges of living in a car in the temperatures you all are experiencing! Bless you for giving them the help you could. I pray that they took your advice about the available resources and were able to get additional help.

It won't be long now until you are rocking that new grandson in your arms!! Continued prayers for him and his mom during these final months of development.

Kelly, what a great Valentine's Day snuggling with your little love bug. Wishing a fabulous weekend for the scouts. If that flatbed truck doesn't work out, take along a nose clamp! LOL!!

Susan, how did you and the kids celebrate Valentine's Day? I know Oma had something special to share!!

I slept late today (8:45) and it was heaven!! That is a very rare thing for me so I enjoy it to the fullest when it happens.

Our birthday luncheon yesterday turned out great! We tried a new seafood place and loved it. We each ordered something different so we could try it all! The crab cakes - divine!! The shrimp - divine. The friend catfish fillets - divine! The best thing is that they are open on Sundays. My parents and I eat out every Sunday after church so it is wonderful to have a new place to throw into the rotation!!

Wishing you all a fabulous weekend!!

Old 02-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #3147
Stampin' Fool

Wow ladies you have all been so busy. And I have been lazy just shopping/browsing and when home staying in my pj's. Like today. lol We got more snow so I'm staying home. Why get dressed if you have no place to go? heehee. I did vacumn, and went through old toys that none of the kids play with and threw them in a donate bag. Might take down the crib today I just don't want to let go. We were at my nephews little boys birthday party yesterday and Claire Bear just wanted to be with Ama. She so melts my heart.
Shelly you are going to LOVE being a grandma! Nothing better. Yes sad day indeed about incident in Aurora. Especially broke my heart the story about the young man who had just showed up for his first day internship and he dies the same day. These situations need to stop. Way too many happening.
Lynn maybe you can have pj day tomorrow! lol Glad your able to spend so much quality time with your mom and finding new places to eat is always a fun adventure.
Jeanette...Love the pic of Brock and his whisle lips! heehee
Kelly...take Lynns advise...take a cloths pin with you! Seeing how my family is full of boys (my siblings also only had boys except my one sister had 1 girl) so I know alot about "STINK" . Smelly shoes, stinky bedrooms, and sweaty heads! UGHHHHHH....I DO NOT MISS ANY OF THAT!!! lol After Bryce has been running around and comes up for a hug, if he has that sweaty boy smell I rub his head down with a wipe dype. That of which he is not a fan.
I did check out the blogs and everyone has been so busy and creative. I so envy your coloring abilities.
Think I'll go find a movie. Oh did I mention I loved the At Home store so much that I'm going back tomorrow? This time I may be actually buying things! lol

Old 02-17-2019, 10:37 PM   #3148
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Presidents Day! I'm SO GRATEFUL for this day off and my son doesn't have school so no gridlock traffic commute! And the actual real POTUS is speaking at my daughter's college today! So they cancelled all classes and all arteries and streets around/near the campus are already cordoned off. We'll be staying home, thank-you-very-much!

And WHAT. IS. THIS! Lynn found crabcakes? Yum! Lynn found catfish? Double Yum! I'm so happy to hear your parents and you are able to find something yummy to eat after church. That's a bonus!

Susan how's Nick? Much better, I hope. There is a huge ad above me for JoJo bows - lol. Have you and Tori been shopping!? Yes, I did hear of the shooting and the young intern on his first day. Absolutely heartbreaking. This is getting so sad to even turn on the news. It was also the 1 year anniversary of the deadly shooting here one town up from me - Parkland. 17 high school lives lost and yet, not much changes.

Speaking of schools ................ in one month we get the audition results! It hit me the day after Valentine's - the 15th. I can't. LIke I'm losing sleep over this! They notify the child via email (used to be a snail letter) and I made a promise to my son not to look until he's home from school. It's a Friday. Gulp!

Our little Alice, whom OMA had a blast with on Friday, tried her first baby food today. She did so well! Her mama is making them all homemade. She started out with green peas! Oh it was a HUGE hit! Oh her snuggles are delightful.

Jeanette, how's Brock belly doing with all those goodies he won? I am sure it was hard to chose a favorite in all those yummy things in it!

Shel - how's the back holding up? I hope this is a better week for you!

Smelly boys are home - and now gone - and left quite a stank in their wake! Let me tell you, my daughter walked in with her boyfriend - they went to Monster Jam - and said OMGOSH, what IS that smell? I just pointed down the hall and said the boys, LOL!
*meh!* I had Lysol going until 3 hours after they were gone - still!

Hugs all around!
Old 02-18-2019, 04:28 AM   #3149

Happy

I'm so glad the "stank" of which you are speaking is not coming through the computer, Kelly and Susan. *giggling!

Lynn, I am sure you made Mama's day a special one, even if it did require getting dressed!

Susan, awwww... my heart melts, too, when you shared how Claire only wanted you! Such a sweetie!

Kelly, I'm certainly glad you get to stay home and not try to get in that snarled secure space. Yikes! I can't even imagine!

So heartbreaking about the situation in Aurora... and so many others in the past. When will this stop?

Shelly -- waving to you! I hope your day is a good one.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-18-2019, 04:54 AM   #3150
Stampin' Fool

Good Morning ladies! Boy Kelly...no school and yet you still managed to get up early and beet Jeanette on the computer. lol Hope your house if finally aired out. DIL had made all her own baby food too. Its quite easy. We would spend a day cooking and blending and then putting it in individual little square cups we got from the dollar store that had lids. Popped those into ziplock bags, labled and then into the freezer. I swear between baby food and breast milk my freezer was constantly full. lol

Jeanette did you guys get any of this snow? We got about 5 inchs of super light fluffy stuff. Is Brock a fan of snow? Nick couldn't care less so there's no adventures with him and snow.

Lynn and Shelly hope you both had good weekends.

SHOPPING TODAY!!! Hitting up that At Home Store and I have a list!! Just little odds and ends that houses need.

What are the plans for all of you?

Old 02-18-2019, 05:02 AM   #3151

I am sure it's shocking, Susan... but I actually slept in this morning. I didn't get up until 6:38. WOW!

We did not get snow. It's dreary but too warm for snow and hopefully we won't get rain as the fields are terribly flooded already.

Brock is fine with snow - so long as they don't have a Snow Day at work. Then he's not so happy. LOL! He's off today for President's Day and is handling that better than he sometimes does.

I'm staying home/in today - need to do some study for Thursday's FB Live Bible study session. Thursday will be here soon... and I must be ready. I'll also make a card or two today. Need to start laundry. Dinner will be roast (in the crockpot), baked potatoes, green beans and salad... so not to much work there.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-18-2019, 05:59 AM   #3152
Stampin' Fool

DING DING DING DING DING!!! ALERT ALERT ALERT!!
JEANETTE SLEPT IN!!!

I'm using the crock pot too. Corned Beef but non traditional. I'm simmering in some flavored water. No potatoes here since I'm still trying to keep my carbs down so instead we will have steamed asparagus.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:00 AM   #3153

Thanks Susan... it seemed so strange. And now I'm so far behind. LOL!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-18-2019, 06:57 AM   #3154
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning my inky friends!! I was up early, as usual, but went to bed last night without completing my KSS DT duties so I just got that finished and posted and now can devote some time to computer fun!

Susan, you have got to see this You Tube video: Don't Buy Anymore Cutting Plates for Your Gemini or Gemini Jr Machine! - YouTube

Please ignore the ad, LOL!! I am headed to HL today to get some self-healing mats to cut up. My Gemini Junior plates already look horrid after just a couple of weeks.

Kelly, I had forgotten it was President's Day until I took out my garbage this morning and found a beautiful US Flag flying in my front yard. The scouts here in town have a fundraiser where they put out flags on all the appropriate holidays. The best money I have ever spent! Now I don't have to worry about falling off a ladder trying to get mine up. Enjoy your extra day at home. So glad Alice loves her peas!!

Jeanette, a couple of extra hours of sleep!! Congratulations!! Don't remind me about the laundry!

Shelly, my prayers are with all those touched by the shooting in your area. When will things ever change? It is so heart-breaking.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:00 AM   #3155

Hello Lynn... with the flag waving!

Well, I'm not sure I got a couple of hours of extra sleep - since I was awake (and reading on my Kindle White) for a few hours in the middle of the night. LOL! The joys of my life. I love my DH dearly, but he can sure rattle the windows with his snoring.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-18-2019, 08:28 AM   #3156
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello again!

Yes I was up early - back to bed for 4 hours - up early again! I beat Alice up! LOL!
We are all home today - and the house is clean and aired out and the laundry is going. I LOVE the smell of downy in the house! (and a clean son, lol!)

OH Susan, take me! I want to go shopping! Then zip on over to Lynn's and get some of those crab cakes!! And if Brock saved any chocolate, maybe smell a wrapper - since I'm watching my figure and would'nt take his candy hee hee!

I am a bit worried about Tony's hand (did I tell you he badly cut himself on a knife?) it has not healed well and I'm not liking the stitches they did. He goes back today

I'm elected to stay home!

Oh Jeanette, I remember your broadcast! How did the first one go? I was out of the house, I think ........ I know you did well!

Big hugs!
Old 02-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #3157
Proud Fan Club Member

Lynn! Do tell! I have the Gemini Jr on my birthday wish list next month - should I be telling the ones asking what I want to buy or not buy something else? I'll read the link now on YouTube!
Old 02-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #3158

Hi Kelly - the shift sleeper. I'm sorry to hear Tony's hand isn't healing well. I was going to ask earlier today and didn't. Now I feel bad that I didn't.

Thanks... these FB Live things are so stressful to me. I hate looking at myself when I talk. LOL! I much prefer to look at other people! Two down, five more to go. Not that I'm counting, or anything. LOL!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #3159
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL - did I hear a number? Nope! Did you have a good crowd? No one eating popcorn staring as you spoke?

And thanks. I'm disappointed in how it was stitched, and subsequently healed. I pray it's well .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Hi Kelly - the shift sleeper. I'm sorry to hear Tony's hand isn't healing well. I was going to ask earlier today and didn't. Now I feel bad that I didn't.

Thanks... these FB Live things are so stressful to me. I hate looking at myself when I talk. LOL! I much prefer to look at other people! Two down, five more to go. Not that I'm counting, or anything. LOL!
Old 02-18-2019, 11:01 AM   #3160

Kelly, the thing about these live Bible Studies our state does... the facilitator (this time me) has to be live at the right time, but participants view it whenever they want. So you're really often times the only one there when you are live. It's really a bizarre feeling. The first week I had one person who got there about halfway through the live session. The second week no one. But I've had some reach out to me after the fact and said how much they've appreciated viewing the video of it.

I hate that they didn't do a good job of stitching. That is horrible. Praying he can heal nicely in spite of that.

Find Me on Instagram