Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-08-2019, 11:55 AM   #2961
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Hi ladies, well, stomach bug is better, but still have a massive headache and sleeping alot. I ate a piece of toast this AM!!! Wahoo! Running a temp still, so cancelled piano and tomorrow prayer group and PT.

Feeling less photosensitive today, so will try to blog hop a little at a time and maybe even create some cards!

Go Jeanette, Go!!! It is so wonderful you find and spread joy so well with your work!

Kelly- speaking of Joy- that baby is so adorable- I love that you post pictures and I cannot believe it is 3 months already!!! I love the sweet blanket you take monthly pics on!
Best of luck to your young man! We have tons of BS troops here, not alot of kids stay in them when they get older. I always get my Christmas greenery from a family down the street who is in a troop through our church- luckily, his list passed on and they came to the door this year for an order- love the fresh greens!

Girl Scouts the same- both of mine left before middle school. They liked soccer and running sports more... My piano teacher has 4 girls (and 1 boy). She was a leader and took all 4 of them all of the way through senior year. They took such cool trips!!!

Susan, how fun and wonderful that you get to be so involved in the lives of the kids! I just may have to move to Colorado....LOL May seems so far away- and then it doesn't. My son is pretty nervous about being a dad- he was such a pain when he was younger! My girls are not dating, although my youngest has a crush on her work out leader-Sergio : ) Katie will not tell us if she dates, we usually find out when she sees relatives and they straight out ask her. Her 3 best friends from younger years (all are 30)- all but one are not seriously dating anyone yet. I do not want her to rush into anything and then not be happy, but I would like to see her loved and less stressed.....

Lynn- how sweet that you get to see your girls-grands- often and that you can look forward to Great-grands : ) I hope they stay close to home or not too far from you so you can enjoy the little ones. I loved the pics of the girls with the dogs on FB!

OK- off this computer- I have been taking breaks between paragraphs, but need to rest some now!

Shelly
Old 01-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #2962
Stampin' Fool

Shelly.welcome back. So glad to hear your feeling a tad bit better. I don't know whats going around here but it seems like everyone keeps coming down with some sort of virus that messes up the sinus's gives you a dry cough thouh you can feel there's something in the chest that yoou just can't cough up, headachs, and so sleepy. I'm hoping the sunshine will help perk everyone up including you. No fun feeling poorly.
I need to hit the blogs again too. Jeanette has another personal challenge I need to read up on.

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #2963
Proud Fan Club Member

It's Wednesday indeed! SO MUCH to do!

Thank you all for the sweet words on our sweet girl! BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alice rolled over today!! Just popped herself on over from her side when I was walking past the living room and her mama was there filming and her sister cheering her on and we were all half squealing/half crying! Such a big girl. She'll be all over the place soon. Gotta get my self in shape! LOL!

Sorry to hear about The Crud, Susan! It's definitely the season! I went to get the flu shot (yes, late!) and they said no. That I was on antibiotics and it zeros it out - hmmm! I'll try again next week!

And I have to get right behind you with the blog visits! I'm so lost these days. I have a 52 challenge (like 3 of my friends did last year, so I'm borrowing it!) Christmas cheer all year (so I won't miss Cmas cards this year!) and 2 super new fun blog series - one starts this week! I am ambitious and have all these ideas and then zero time to actually DO them, ROFL!

Having Alice at home 24/7 is a beautiful distraction! Hence, my Word of the Year - Gift ♥

Yeah, gift ........ like Gift of GAB! LOL!!
Old 01-09-2019, 11:42 AM   #2964
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Gift of Gab- lol I inherited that from my Dad! LOL Shockingly, I like to create in silence. On occasion, I will tun on music or talk radio.....

And, what a gift that little Alice is! How long will she be there with you? So fun that your daughters captured her rolling over on video- that is amazing- to be able to see it over and over.

Susan, my fun sinus problems is allergies. It was dry and dusty (very dusty) in Mexico and a bit musty where we stayed. My allergies could not deal with it. I need an allergy shot, but you cannot have them when you are sick..... Tomorrow maybe- I ate breakfast this AM and feeling Ok so far! Yippee!!!
I guess the other half of the year it is the rainy season. So, while the weather there (Mexico) is 70-75 all year, I would be dealing with allergies all of the time!

I have almost all of the funeral Thank You cards done, ad am sorting mom's clothes slowly. She has sheet sets and comforters and an entire bag of shoes/boots as well. Oh, she liked to shop! (and spend $$$). The last couple of years, I would take her to a nicer resale shop instead of the mall. She loved buying new clothes- so it satisfied her and did not break the bank. Funny thing, she wore the same 5 or so outfits, so alot of 'new' items were only worn 1-2 times, hence the resale shop idea.

I am coming back to life after having the flu this weekend. Yesterday, I broke the temp and was able to get some over-due ATC's done, then started working on a card kit swap for this month. I am in a Unity ATC swap each month that is so fun- and makes me USE my stamps. I tempted fate yesterday and looked at the sale page over there- and signed off before buying anything.....

Have a great day!

Shelly
Old 01-10-2019, 04:02 AM   #2965
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Oh Susan, I love - LOVE! - hearing Clair stories. How sweet she is!!! Now about your enabling... LOL! I'll take a peek soon.

Shelly, it's so good to see you again.... am sorry you've been so sick! I loved hearing about your mom and her love for shopping!

Kelly, what a fun stage... watching Alice roll over (for the first time ever!) and anticipating the activity that will bring as she learns to navigate away from her current location. I feel certain you are enjoying every milestone with her... and sneaking in lots of snuggles, too!

Okay, where's Lynn? Did I forget... is she on a trip? Waving!!!

I had a great trip the past two days. Today I'm doing laundry and packing - as I leave in the wee hours of darkness tomorrow morning for my out-of-state annual meeting trip. Unless I pop back in here for some reason later today, you'll not see me again until next Tuesday.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 01-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #2966
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my - yay for Saturday! I've spent part of the morning doing errands and then it was home to make some cards! Trying to get a head start on this week!

And YAY! I have a new charger! I haven't had a laptop all week - borrowing from my daughter (when she's home) and my son's but his is a MAC - gasp! No. can. do!

Susan, looking forward to your cards from your monster mat stack of paper!

I finally finished my first card for the 52 cards in a year - so excited! And my new series: One Plus Twelve - where i"ll take one stamp - just one stamp - and use it all year once a month. I think you saw Jeanette already did her card - I'm behind. But having a baby in the house does that - she's extraordinarily distracting! And now my dd will be working p/t and Alice is ALLLLLLLLLL MINNNNNNNNNNNNE - just kidding. She will be with me, but that time is precious and I don't want to miss a minute. So we'll see how I juggle both!

Dropped my son off at Scout camp - in the Everglades. Oh m - the sun goes down and it's pitch black! You will probably see those pictures on Facebook - it was scary driving out (over 30 minutes) to get to the road home. I kept saying we'll, if I break down (my SUV is NOT in the best of shape) I have a TV in the SUV, my phone and some Cheetos and Whoppers in the car - LOL!
Old 01-12-2019, 10:39 PM   #2967
Proud Fan Club Member

And Lookie! Lookie!

I could not be more blessed to know you all and have this very special gift - you are all so absolutely AMAZING!!! Thank you!

https://sandcastlestamper.blogspot.c...ter-alice.html
Old 01-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #2968
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Happy Sunday!
I had some stamping time yesterday, and made three cards- neglected the challenges I was supposed to be following. One was OK, one I fudged, one I have to re-do....Oh well. I still have the card I made with the first try.....

I will go stamp some more now : ) And, follow directions........

Kelly- what a sweet, sweet book!!! Full of joy and memories of love and snuggles!

Jeanettes off traveling

Susan- out playing in the snow? How is Nick?

Lynn off vacationing..... : )

My husband is sorting again today- I am going to go hide! LOL

Shelly
Old 01-14-2019, 05:03 AM   #2969
Stampin' Fool

Oh Kelly I have been loving all the pics of Alice. She is a gem. Glad you enjoyed the album and thanks for sharing the pages. Nice to see what everyone did.

Shelly...sometime when we're not feeling well we have our creative juices off track. You'll get it back I'm sure and then really whip out some awesome stuff for those challenges. I don't like to stress out so I don't do challenges except the ones I give myself like this paper pack thing. Let me tell ya that's all the stress I can handle. Lol

Lynn is probably still unwinding from her trip to the beach.

Happy safe travels Jeanette.

Making tuna casserole for family dinner night. Not my favorite but family wanted it. Maybe I'll just eat the dessert.....brownies! Yum🙄🙄 Then it's "The Bachelor " with my DIL. Our one night a week of bonding...heehee.

Well have a great day ladies
Old 01-15-2019, 04:06 AM   #2970

Oh my goodness... what a joy - PURE JOY! - to see Miss Alice on your blog post, Kelly... as well as the album pages. Thank you so much for taking the time to do that!!!
Shelly, I always struggle with card-making and such when I haven't done it for a few days - I never like the first card I make after I've been gone on a trip, for example. I guess it takes a bit to get back to it. Please try to enjoy the process even if you fudge a bit or for whatever reason feel like it's not quite what you wanted it to be.

Susan, I think brownies for supper sounds like a marvelous idea. LOL! I think it's great that they told you what they wanted for family dinner - and you were willing to accommodate them.

Lynn, waving to you, too... what's up in your world?

I am home again... made it home a little earlier than expected last night, but was so exhausted I took advantage of that "extra" time by going to bed earlier than expected last night. LOL! I did manage to unpack my bags and chat a wee bit with my DH before doing so.

Today is KETCHUP day.

I'm so far behind that will most likely not be completely accomplished in one day. LOL! We also have a meeting this afternoon related to Brock's work, etc. (kind of like an IEP meeting when he was in school). I hate these meetings. UGH!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-15-2019, 05:26 AM   #2971
Stampin' Fool

Welcome home Jeanette. You deserve a day of rest. Take it slow. Ughhhhh............I hear ya............I hate those I.E.I. days. I was so excited when those ended and then He got accepted into this Illinois Homebase program and its almost like I.E.P.'s all over again. I like the program as they helpout getting you to understand the Medicare/Medicaid junk and help you locate area professionals if you need one but their routine still involves an IEP like meeting every year. Good luck with Brocks today.
Not sure what I'm doing today but it will not involve tuna. Not my fave of a casserole, so I'll just say it was edible. I sent ALL the leftovers home with DIL...lol Brownies were yummy tho.

Hi Lynn, Kelly, and Shelly!

Old 01-15-2019, 05:32 AM   #2972

Susan, sometimes the meetings are necessary, I suppose... but not enjoyable. At least they are only twice a year. I will say the thing I dislike most about these are they come to our home... I would much prefer to go to them.Silly, I suppose, but at least that way once the meeting was over, I could walk away from it.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-15-2019, 06:47 AM   #2973
Stampin' Fool

Oh my goodness.........I know!!!! They come to my house too. Sometimes they linger and linger with vague chit chat. Sometimes I just want to say..."You know this is business not pleasure and I have things to do". Ok maybe the thing I have to do is take a nap but still....lol I could probably talk to you on and on about Nick and Brock and enjoy the conversation but thatsbecause I consider you a friend...."They" are not friends but business. LOL have I Ranted enough????

Old 01-15-2019, 06:50 AM   #2974

LOL! Rant on, Susan... because I'm ranting right along with you.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-16-2019, 04:06 AM   #2975

Lookie! LOOKIE!!! The Like Button appears to be fixed!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-16-2019, 05:18 AM   #2976
Stampin' Fool

OMG...Lets hope it stays fixed! lol How'd your meeting go yesterday Jeanette? Were you able to get them out of the house quickly? Hope so.

Well spent yesterday chasing Claire Bear, Tracing her hands on paper with crayons (her newest obsession) at least 20 times, then while she napped I cut the elements Tori needs for her Unicorn Valentines Day Cards. Today I need to do Bryces choice of Kittys.
We are getting ready for the next snow storm wich is to hit Friday night into Saturday. Guess it'll will be a fantastic time to craft!

Waving to everyone!

Old 01-16-2019, 05:38 AM   #2977

Hello Susan... more snow! I guess it is winter. And yes... the perfect time to craft. We are to have snow on Saturday; I'm not sure how much. We are also having a delivery - our new mattress/box springs. That means they'll track a lot of slushy wetness throughout the house bringing it in. Joy! Joy!

The meeting yesterday went well, not too stressful. She was here about an hour, so that's not too bad.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-16-2019, 03:20 PM   #2978
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Wednesday!

Oh Susan, thank you for the A+ on my skinny and tall card! That's the ONLY time I'll ever be skinny! or tall ..... hmmmmmmm. Hee hee!

Little Alice is in the full fledge stages of teething and it ain't pretty! She is inconsolable For such a sweet, good baby, it's hard to see her so miserable.

Lynn says it's snowing everywhere! She's fibbing, I say! Little man has ZERO snow in New York City! LOL! But he IS having a blast! Oh they are everywhere - the sights, the memories! I'm glad we chose to let him go ~ what a wonderful trip, and he's seen snow, so no loss there!

My son has IEP's every 2 years at the school - but for gifted. They reevaluate and just check mark all the boxes unless there is a change. It sounds like they are really covering you well, Jeanette and Susan, to make sure needs are met and coverages are given. Hugs to you both!

Shelly - are you on the mend? I hope you are taking care of you!

Hugs!
Old 01-17-2019, 03:53 AM   #2979

Kelly, your graphic is so cute! Poor sweet Alice... teething is no fun! I'm sure you're giving her lots and lots of snuggles and soothing words. Praying those teeth pop through soon and she can get past this.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-17-2019, 05:17 AM   #2980
Proud Fan Club Member

Contrary to popular opinion, I am still alive and kicking!! Sorry that I never seem to be here. Seems lately that I am getting very little time for myself and when I do I fall into my chair in a stupor.

After today (my dad's 90th birthday) things may slow down for a bit and I can get back to my crafting and my computer. I promise to make more of an effort. I feel like such a slug! LOL!!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 01-17-2019, 05:21 AM   #2981

Lynn, I'm glad you are okay... being a slug is not necessarily a bad thing. Happy Birthday to your dad!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-18-2019, 04:46 AM   #2982

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-18-2019, 10:18 AM   #2983
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! Little man comes back tomorrow and it's living it up in NYC. I do miss my boy. I am certain they will miss the whopper of a storm about to hit - they did get snow today and he was happy, though he didn't care much - the sites have been great and he's been EVERYWHERE! I am so jealous - my daughter and I are planning a trip next year! Alice will be old enough and I'll be comfortable to leave (and saved up enough pennies!)

We had some sad news - my husband's aunt in Spain passed away. She was very close to him. 88 years old and in great health (Europeans are great with longevity) and caught the flu and couldn't recover My heart hurts for him ♥

Lynn - Happy birthday to dad! 90 years young! May we all be so blessed ♥

happy hugs to all ♥
Old 01-18-2019, 06:37 PM   #2984

Hi Kelly. I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. (((HUGS))) and lots of prayers!

I'm glad your son has been enjoying his trip. I'm sure he'll have LOTS to tell you when he gets home tomorrow!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-18-2019, 10:23 PM   #2985
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hi! Checking in : )

Lynn speaking of slug, I have been sleeping my life away! I missed ESL teaching this morning, I had an alarm set- 8AM. 8:05, 8:10, 8:15.... I think I heard that alarm...but slept until noon. In 5 days, slept 10-12 hours 3 of them..... I am fighting something, I think it is sinus... No temp, but nice headache..... no energy...none!

I did get out to walk 2 of my neighbors dogs- one was expected, the other got stuck at a dr appt. I made it to church for a prayer hour, made hubby dinner then energy level hit low and I was done....

We are expecting 5-6 inches of snow- we'll see, then again next Wednesday more predicted. It is so pretty- I have enough food on hand to be snowed in for a few days- wine included : ) LOL

Chris and Kayla (kids in Colorado) sent news that it's a BOY!!! She is 22 weeks. I am so thrilled- I have to send her pictures of smocking for babies and see if she will approve...clearing throat...of smocked clothes. One of my dear friends taught smocking and heirloom sewing/embroidery- has one grandson and her daughter said- no to smocked clothes for him....

I sent Kayla the baby blanket I made for Chris (I have one the same for Katie). I appliqued animals in pink, blue, yellow and green calico prints onto white, background is yellow. I was put in bed with the twins at 24 weeks, so Grandma Schmidt finished the quilts. She was happy to get it, so I mailed it to her. Awwww.....

Back is doing OK- no sciatic pain, just tingling.... I have another epidural scheduled next Tuesday- will see Doc and ask if I need it.

Kelly- tired I bet, but the memories of having the baby at your fingertips for these precious times! Wow! Glad your son is having a great time in NYC. What a cool trip and I know the memories will be so precious to him!
Sorry about your hubby's Aunt passing. Will he go to Italy for the funeral?

Lynn, happy 90th to your dad! That is awesome! I hope he enjoyed his celebration! I hope things slow own for you soon! How are the pups doing?

Susan, how precious to be doing hand tracings- I hope you will save one or two of them for her for later! How fun is that! And date it too..... it will be fun to look back at it.
I'll be interested in knowing how much snow you get. I love seeing the animal prints in the snow. We definitely have a few bunnies around in our backyard : )

Well, I had better get to bed....Not really too tired now, but I want to stamp a bit tomorrow!

Shelly
Old 01-19-2019, 03:38 AM   #2986

Shelly, it's good to see you... but I am sorry to hear you're so tired and fighting something. Praying you are feeling much better soon! YAY! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun preparing for the arrival of your grandson, even if it is a no-go for the smocking.

Praying for your son, too, Kelly - as he travels home. Oh the stories he will have to tell you!

Susan, they've pretty much taken the concern for snow out of our forecast here... mostly rain for our day... but I hear your area may get quite a bit. Stay safe and warm!

Lynn, how are you doing? Still partying with dad???

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-19-2019, 06:45 AM   #2987
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly, I know you can't wait to get your son home and hear the stories of all of his New York adventures. I am so sorry that your husband has lost his dear aunt. It is especially hard with the hearts are so close but the distance so far. My sister and I went to the funeral of my dad's last remaining cousin last Saturday. Mother was not feeling well so he refused to go without her, but I know it has been wearing on his mind. I think he is pretty daunted by being the last one alive of his generation.

Shelly, I have also experienced that bone-weary exhaustion. There are times I want to do nothing but sleep. The girls are settling in very well. Nicole had to visit the vet yesterday with yeast in her ears, but today seems all better. Now that the temperatures are really dropping here, I call them my little snuggle monkeys because they just love to get in my lap and hunker down. Then we ALL go into sleep mode!! LOL!

As I am typing, I hear that the latest Norther has just blown in!! Temperatures will be dropping more. I better go turn up the heater a degree or two. No snow is predicted but the wind chill will make it feel so much colder than it is with the wind blowing so hard.

Jeanette, my dad is like a kid in the candy store! He got a rock tumbler for his birthday and plans to make all kinds of creations with his polished stones. He was not excited to learn that it is a slow process. There are 4 stages of polishing and each one takes 4 to 5 days in the tumbler. He has been a rock collector for years and has the ones he wants to polish all laid out on my work table. It will probably take a year to get those done before he needs to collect anymore! LOL!

Good Saturday morning, Susan!! Hope the snow isn't too deep in your neck of the woods!!

My plan for today is to stay in, stay warm, and do a little crafting. My card stash for birthday cards and sympathy cards is totally depleted! I need to so some assembly line stamping.

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 01-19-2019, 08:53 AM   #2988
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm supposed to be cleaning today as the baby went to the other gramma's (they stay there for the weekends, usually) but I'm mopped into a corner - the floor does take 8 hours to dry, right? I can just stay here and veg?

Thanks for the prayers for Tony. The funeral was yesterday and one of his cousins was keeping him up to date. He's quite sad but today is a better day.

Shelly, congratulations on your precious grandson! A boy! It took us 4 times to get one of those, LOL! Just kidding He was an absolute GIFT from God. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time spoiling the sweet babe! And Tony's family is in Spain - although I'd love to go to Italy! No funeral for him, he wouldn't have even had time to get there, had he planned to go. They wouldn't have waited - something about a 24 hour turnaround, I don't know or understand it ...

Thinking good thoughts for my son as he flies out of New York in the storm! Oh this mama's heart is pitter pattering with worry - but God is good and always provides ♥
Old 01-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #2989

Lynn, it sounds like your dad received a treasured birthday gift! Will he share the polished rocks with you?

Kelly, praying for your DS as he travels home... ahead of the storm!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #2990
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Wow Lynn, my neighbor (with Alzheimers) used to have a rock polisher- I had no idea it took so long to shine them up! So awesome that your dad has such a fun new toy : )

Kelly- how long did you stay in that corner??? LOL
Hope little guy has lots and lots of great stories to tell you I bet he is on top of the world : )

I had a luncheon today for a nurse I used to work with- 44 years at the hospital : ) I slept until 10;30...again, so missed mass, so went to luncheon, stamped for an hour or so- have some coloring to do...getting closer to being caught up! Then went to 6PM mass, now watching football... Nothing on the calendar for tomorrow- but I had better practice piano..... have not touched it since last Tuesday. Sometimes I feel sorry for these kids! LOL my teacher knew my disposition, so did not give me too much to accomplish this week.

Waving hello to Susan and Jeanette

Shelly
Old 01-21-2019, 03:11 AM   #2991

Shelly, it sounds like you've been busy!

We had an unusual Sunday - all 25 of our churches canceled services due to the weather (icy roads... and snow!) so we stayed home. I spent much of my day organizing (and labeling) in my Working Studio.

FYI - We are leaving early tomorrow morning to head out-of-town for a 2-day meeting, so you won't see me on SCS the next couple of days.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 01-21-2019 at 03:15 AM..
Old 01-21-2019, 06:47 AM   #2992
Stampin' Fool

Good golly I once again missed a ton of posts. ARGGGGGGG. So lets see if I'm caught up...lol

Shelly so sorry to hear of your sleppiness. Hope you shake whatever has bitten you. No fun not feeling well.

Kelly...yay for little man returning home. I bet he will have a ton of stories to tell. Poor Alice. Lucky for us all 3 of my grands had easy teething. But my nephews kids had a rough time. So hard when you can't comfort them. Though I kept telling my nephew a little whiskey on the gums helps. Ok Ok... I know... not really appropriate now a days but "way back when" it use to be a thing. lol. Sorry to hear of Dh's loss.

Jeanette off on the road again! Lucky you to avoid the snow and just get rain. I know my brother in Kansas said they got maybe an inch.

Lynn...well Happy 90th to your dad. What a blessing to still have him with you. I sure miss both my parents. If alive today my mom would have been 91 and my dad 92. Hey you need to get motivated! You and Shelly might have to video chat yourselves off the sofas! LOL Just kidding.....rest if you need it. And chilly days are perfect for curling up with a blankie and watching a Hallmark movie!

Speaking of Chilly.....it's a whopping 1 degree today! Yikes!! Even the birds are moving slow. Over the weekend we got about 10" of fresh snow and had alot of drifting. It was so beautiful out....so clean looking. More may be coming later this week and temps are to remain a bit low...maybe the 20's tomorrow but back into single digits by the time the weekend comes. Played with some Valentines over the weekend so I have them ready for the grandkids. Whewwww...that task is done. now I need to make one for DH and then I'll be totally done. I then need to get going on a birthday card for a dear friend. Of course you know I'm going to do a fancy fold. Love doing those.

Well I hope yuou all stay warm and comfy.....well at least Kelly will be warm! LOL Anything above 30 is warm to me.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:56 AM   #2993

Hi Susan... yep, excited about heading on the road.

Nope, didn't miss the snow. It snowed and snowed on Saturday; then had a wee bit of ice on it. ALL of our 25 churches (in a one hour radius of us) canceled church on Sunday.... so we stayed home. Brock was not happy about that. Finally, my husband took him for a drive around our little town to show him that all the churches were closed. Then he took Brock to McDonald's for a breakfast biscuit. Brock took his Bible in with him... so I guess when you can't have church in the church, you have it at McDonald's.

Speaking of McDonald's... ours closed at 7:00 Saturday PM due to the snow and Dairy Queen (our only other fast food place) closed at 5:00 Saturday PM. The interstate near us was even closed.

It was a MESS!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-21-2019, 09:23 AM   #2994
Stampin' Fool

Oops Jeanette...I must have gotten some of the posts mixed up. Thought someone said they got rain instead. Things closed early here too. Yep a bit of a mess. Lol. Cracks me up about Brock and his Bible in McDonald's. Though it is said you can worship anywhere and not just in a church. Love Brock stories and this one is awesome. 💓
Old 01-21-2019, 10:09 AM   #2995

Oh Susan, you didn't Oops! The weatherman did. We were supposed to mostly get rain. Fooled the weatherman... since we got snow and ice!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-21-2019, 06:06 PM   #2996
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday is almost over! We've been in party mode ~ with my mama. 73 years old and that lady won't sit still! Today some of her friends came over and had cake - it was very cute.

Tomorrow the grind starts over - back to school! Not looking forward to it - I did enjoy my week of no school!

Stay safe in the snow up there girls!
Old 01-21-2019, 06:10 PM   #2997

Kelly, I'm glad you enjoyed the school break... shucks, now you have to start commuting again.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-22-2019, 05:04 AM   #2998
Stampin' Fool

Jeanette I'm sure Kelly won't mind the commute as long as she has her Bux in hand. lol

Coyotes have been running all over the place here. 3 were in the woods in my back yard yesterday. Someone said it's mating season but one of those boogers had a squirrel in his mouth. I love nature but do not like coyotes. I have to keep extra eyes on my 8pound Peek-a-poo Missy. She doesn't go out there without me or DH.

Round 2 of winter storms suppose to hit this afternoon. A couple more inchs for us and I think rain for those south of us. And thanks to the grandkids I have a sore throat. Ughhhhhh. Terrible tuesday for me.

Well stay warm. I get the sickies today. Tori sinus infection, Claire fever. DIL has ear infection and strep and was at er saturday. No wonder I'm sick grrrrr.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:57 AM   #2999
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm so glad you girls are my someone 'crazy!' LOL!

Happy Tuesday! At least I think that's what day it is?

MY son is back to the grind - and the school commute was HORRID! But yes! 'Bux in hand - and NO LINE! They were waiting for me, I just know! I'm sure there was an ABP out on me after missing a week while my son had a blast in New York! hee hee!

Oh friends, if you could spare a prayer, he auditions on Thursday, This mama is a WRECK. I am beside myself with worry (I'm a self professed worrier, can't help it!) and because it's a magnet school, invite/audition only to the academies (dance, band, orchestra, drama, etc) you apply, audition, then wait. I think he's ready. But it's TOUGH and I'm just so nervous - he's not, I am!

OH Susan, hugs to Tori. Those are so uncomfortable!

Safe travels to Jeanette in that wild weather - hopefully not going too far!

Hello Lynn, Shelly!
Old 01-22-2019, 04:42 PM   #3000
Proud Fan Club Member

OH Susan, lookie! This lady makes a lot of cards from one paper pad and kit like you - she made so many!! 66!

The best things in life are Pink.: Love From Lizi Under the Sea mega pack - 66 cards from 1 kit