Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-08-2018, 01:48 AM   #1841
Swapper of the Month March 2013

I'm here to wish all of my Paper-Loving Inky Friends a

Susan, I'm still giggling. I suppose you have redeemed yourself, though.

Shelly, it's good to see you popping in! Sounds like your days are packed with fun... and should you get bored, you have images to color. That's always a good thing, right?

SaveSave
SaveSave

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-08-2018, 04:32 AM   #1842
Crimping Master

Shelly sounds like your having a ton of fun! Enjoy the "Cubbies" Didn't sound right that they would charge full price for only 2 hours left at the show. Maybe they figure there would be a ton of people showing up if they cut the price in the afternoon? You seem to be becoming a pro at this watercoloring! That is fantastic. Wish I had the patience to just sit and do it. Someday someday.........ugh maybe lol.

Well lets see...Lynn your probably getting ready to cruise around in your new ride. Enjoy.

Jeanette are you leaving again soon or home for a wee bit?

Kelly lots of hugs. Miss you girl!

Shopping for tablets today.Jim uses his more for internet surfing while I use mine more for baby monitor, Tutorials on you tube, pinterest and some reading. But I prefer real books for reading. I like the feel of the pages and flipping back and forth so I can refresh my memory when that thought of "Wait a minute" comes into my head. A bit harder with a tablet. heehee.

Getting together with ladies on Sunday. Not sure what our project is going to be but I was told not to worry about it this time because they will be bringing the project this time. WooHoo.....break for me!!

Have a great day today!

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Old 03-08-2018, 06:08 AM   #1843
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Susan - and all I'm peeking in today - on perhaps the busiest of already busy days! It's Court of Honor (scouts) and Little Mermaid (drama dept - school) and I'm already going 900 mph!

I've missed you girls and am coming up for air - hopefully more often! Things are settling down here somewhat .... one day at a time!

It's a bit chilly here this morning - 55* when I left the house. We have plans to go to the Keys for my birthday so I'm really hoping this is temporary! If I'm going to lounge at the beach, it needs to be sunny and wonderful ♥

I can't thank you all enough for the cards and notes and sweet words and MOST OF ALL prayer ....... I felt it! I love you girls! It is so wonderful to know that we can lift each other up and cyber hug and make a frown smile and we just know each other from these little boxes of computer wonderfulness! You are truly the best!!!!!!!!! ♥
Old 03-08-2018, 01:30 PM   #1844
Crimping Master

Hi Kelly...............55 and you call that "Chilly"??? We call that beautiful number Spring! And oh my goodness we could sure use some spring around here. Snow is melted and everything looks dirty! Saw some daffodils just barely peaking above the ground in the back yard and today is only in the lower 30's. If even that.....the winds might make it in the upper 20's. I'll trade you?????? I'll even give you 2 yes 2 30's for 1 "55"!!! Deal??? Come on ...Deal???Geeze................................... ........lol

So we went to Best Buy and bought 2 tablets for the grandkids and ordered 2 (more elaborate ones) for us. Yep we're crazy and the kids are spoiled. The kids have been using my old cell phone for Pandora and some video games. All Tablets will be staying at our house tho so they're only spoiled here. lol

DIL surprised me with info on an upcoming event. She was trying to surprise everyone on Easter Sunday but event has been pushed up to Saturday before. Nooooo...she's not pregnant.....good lord I think I'd have a heart attack chasing another 1 heehee. She is finally being Confirmed. I know as a kid she went through her CCD stuff and got her communion but when Tori recieved her First Communion DIL informed me that...that was as far as she ever got. I'm not Catholic so I didn't even know that they were separate events. When I was a kid I recieved my First Communion and Confirmation at the same time. Episcapols like to speed things up I guess heehee. Anyway she gets Confirmed the eve before Easter and she is so excited. I'm impressed that after all these years she went back. Ok I'm done just wanted to share. lol

Done???? Yeah right.its so nice and quiet here without the kids I feel like I could type forever. Ooooo...maybe not DH just told me "Days of Wine and Roses" with Jack Lemmon is coming on. I L O V E all the older movies. I should be carding tho. Hmmmm what to do........... what to do.............I think I'll go make a Frappachino in Kelly's honor (I'm just so glad she popped in!!!) and go watch the movie.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:45 AM   #1845

Good Morning Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

FYI - I have commitments all day today (we'll leave soon) and all day tomorrow, so I won't be back on SCS until Monday morning. I hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend!Sa
See, Susan, I'm not sticking around. LOL
See, Susan, I'm not sticking around. LOL! But I will be home to sleep in my own bed. And next week, we have 3 meetings on Monday; then DH leaves bright and early on Tuesday (for a conference in Wisconsin) and won't be home until late Friday night. Brock will have to go with me to set up VBS Workshop on Friday (thankfully it is only an hour away so I can bring him home that night). And Saturday is VBS Workshop #3. So next week is going to be a bit unusual.

Congrats to your DIL! What a great surprise!

Kelly! It's so good to see you! WOW! I'm guessing 55 is a wonderful number in Florida... sheesh! It would be a wonderful number here, too. I know you're busy-ier than busy. I can't keep up, even reading a bit of what you're doing. I think I need a nap. I hope your BIRTHDAY celebration at the Keys is just as amazing as you are!!!
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

Old 03-09-2018, 05:07 AM   #1846
Crimping Master

JEANETTE!

We will miss you.........safe travels! You are such an on the move lady. I keep reading about all that ALL of you do and think I should start being more active and social. I mean Lynn does clogging, lots of shopping, and lunch dates with old friends and family Oscar party and University ballgames. Shelly.........wow Shelly...goes to painting classes, hiking, swimming, biking. And Dear Kelly.......who can keep up with that one! Scout activities, Kid activities, (getting daily BUX heehee) driving here family here and there. And I....watch the grand kids. And meet up with the ladies once or twice a month. I think I'm going to start getting off my butt more..LOL
Butttttt...............not today. Today I want to play with my toys and make a few cards. heehee
I'll check in later

Old 03-10-2018, 03:31 AM   #1847
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, with Shelly and Jeanette off on their worldly travels and Kelly out picking a bikini for the Keys, I guess you and I are left to hold down the fort, Susan!

I don't think I answered your question about Matthew and his Lincoln. I think he is driving a much bigger one than me. Mine is a small SUV style which is just perfect for me. It has all kinds of bells and whistles that I keep discovering every day. Yesterday I went out to put the insurance card in the glove box and found that it was a hidden glove box which I could not for the life of me figure out how to open. I couldn't even read the manual as it was locked in said box! Crazy. Before driving down to the dealer to ask, "What the heck," I decided to try You Tube and found my answer.
There is a mystery button on the dash! I have trained one of my friends here that you can find any answer you need on You Tube!

What a great Easter it will be with your daughter-in-law being confirmed. Such a special day in her family's life!!

How awesome to have that house full of tablets, Susan!! That should make entertaining those grands a wee bit easier!! That is one thing I guess I need to put on my wish list.

I felt so proud of myself yesterday and I had to call my sister at the end of the day and brag. When I got up at 5, I hit the ground running by getting started and finished 3 loads of laundry.

Between loads, I went out in the garage to put out the recycling bin for pick-up and found it empty. What have I been doing for the last two weeks that nothing was recycled? I looked around and found that 1/2 of my garage was cluttered with empty boxes I was saving for who knows what. I got out my handy dandy utility knife and started breaking down those boxes. I ended up with a full bin to roll out to the street.
And some extra space to move around in my garage!

Next it was off to the lab for blood work followed by birthday shopping for my daughter-in-law who will be here with my son and two granddaughters to celebrate on Monday.

THEN I addressed and mailed 7 cards and moved on to the biggest task of all. I got all the paperwork and receipts organized and bundled and delivered to our accountant so he can figure my taxes. What a relief to have that behind me!

What a GREAT day is was for me!! I don't usually get that many tasks checked off my "To Do" list in one day.

Today will be a day of cleaning for my company, wrapping birthday gifts and getting the CR-V gassed up, washed, and detailed for delivery to my granddaughter. And maybe a little time for crafting as well!

I hope that each and every one of you have a weekend filled with love and laughter!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 03-10-2018, 04:24 AM   #1848
Crimping Master

Boy Lynn you were busy! I did a little bit of cleaning and then I set up both tablets. Found there is a youtube Kids app so I downloaded it for grandson. More geared to 6-8 yr olds. Then Granddaughters was a bit more tricky. She's no longer in those free little person games so I had to do some searching. Found some Harry Potter stuff and JoJo Siwa (a 13yr old pop singer she likes) stuff too. I was impressed as to how fast these little tablets are too. Can't wait for mine to come in. We stuck with Samsung. We have never owned anything apple and ever since we got rid of our 1st cell phone (a Motorola flip phone in the 90's) we have bought Samsung. So to make it as comfortable as possible setting up the tablets we stayed with what we know. Any it is nearly exactly like my cell except larger and theres no calling on it. Easy Breezy! lolBoy your granddaughter is going to be so excited to recieve that CR-V. What a thoughtful grandma you are! When it comes to shopping........I love buying stuff as gifts! But buy something for me??? I usually pass telling myself I don't really need it and someone else could always use something else more. So I buy for others. Tho I really need to replace those holy socks of mine! heehee Eh.........maybe after I get some cases for the kids new tablets! lol

Made stuff pepper soup yesterday. YUM had enough to freeze for later. Today DH wants bisquits & gravy for dinner. Hmmmmm...looks like I'm having eggs for dinner! Not a fan of gravy on bread. I mean I like the sausage gravy and I like bisquits but...together???.....uhhhh..No. Maybe its the texture thing.

Still have not made 1 single card. UGH Today is the day tho! I will CREATE!!! Oh boy I sure hope I do anyway. heeheehee

Well I think its coffee time for me. I know some people can't function til they have their first cup. Me? I have to wake my brain up a bit first so I usually check emails first then slip on over here is all is still quiet in my house and then I'll get a cup of "jo".
Lynn have a wonderful weekend.

Shelly and Jeanette stay safe out there.

Kelly enjoy and here's an extra hug!

Old 03-10-2018, 04:58 AM   #1849
Proud Fan Club Member

I LOVE sausage gravy on my biscuits!! It is one of my favorite things. Do you hear that? It's me knocking on the door!! Better set an extra place for dinner!!

Have fun with those tablets!!

Old 03-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #1850
Crimping Master

Door is unlocked......fancy dinnerware on the table! Come on in!

Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #1851
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi!

Hi! I'm back! Arizona was wonderful, and warm! The Cubs won, we did tons of hiking, biking, swimming, etc ... We went to an Arboretum that was mostly cactus, that was interesting. There was a hummingbird area in one section of the Arboretum- I just love hummingbirds!

I am still in my PJ's, we lost an hour coming back, and will loose another hour tonight. We also have not been watching any TV, so not sure what is going on in the world! We did just watch the last episode of This is Us..... It was a tear jerker.

Mom is at my sisters, she is having episodes of erratic heart beats (where it beats fast) and she feels dizzy. So, she had an episode at my sisters. I am not sure which day she will return home- either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Susan, I have never heard of stuffed pepper soup. I do not do well with peppers unless they are in soup of chili- simmered to death! I am with you on the biscuits and gravy- set 2 more places for dinner, and my husband- he will eat you out of house and home! LOL

Lynn- I have to go back to bed after reading how productive you were this AM! WOW! And, how sweet of you to pass along your CRV to your daughter! I love my CRV : )

I guess I had better go shower- hubby wants to go to mass at 5...... I wanted to stamp/create today as well!

Shelly
Old 03-10-2018, 12:00 PM   #1852
Crimping Master

Oh Shelly Welcome home buttttttt..............I thought you were bringing the warmer weather back with you for us? What Happened???? Its so cold outside! LOL

Boy my dining table just keeps adding dishes! LOL

Stuff pepper soup ....I make soup out of everything and one time had way too many stuffed peppers made and out of the blue I decided to just add some stock and turn it into soup. I had hamburger soup once at a restrauant and liked it so I thought why not use the stuffed peppers. Thought I was being creative and then one day we went to this Bar and Grill in Wisc and what's on the menu? Stuffed Pepper soup! Had to have it to compare and it tasted and looked just like mine. You might like it... the peppers do turn to mush after simmering.

Old 03-12-2018, 03:22 AM   #1853
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome, home, Shelly!! Sounds like you all had a fabulous break!! I LOVE baseball and I am glad the Cubs came through for you. I still haven't watched the This is Us finale, but it's on my "To Do" list this week!

I'm still coming, Susan, but will have to stick with the biscuits and gravy. Bell peppers and I don't seem to get along well!! Who has been spying on you and sent your recipe to the Bar and Grill? They should pay you royalties, I do believe.

Going to be out of town until Thursday. Today is the day the CRV is turned over to my granddaughter. Tomorrow I am going to Galveston to hear my son give a speech, and then late Wednesday my sister will be bringing me back home so we can craft away the rest of Spring Break! It is always fun to have someone around who speaks the same crafty language as you! When anyone around here asks me about my card making, their eyes kind of glaze over when I start to speak! LOL!

Hope everyone's week gets off to a fabulous start.

Love and hugs to Jeanette and Shelly, too!

Old 03-12-2018, 04:18 AM   #1854
Crimping Master

Wow Lynn sounds like you have some wonderful plans. I just spent the day yesterday with my lady friends and we crafted the entire day away! So much fun. We even discussed doing an entire weekend thing. One of the ladies is single and has a big house. We always go there to craft and it was discussed that we should do a weekend sleepover! LOL how crazy is that??? Not Like we "can't " go home just thought it would be way cooler to just pack up for the whole weekend and just keep on playing. Need to come up with a date still.

Enjoy your day today. Your granddaughter is going to be so excited to get that car. Lucky girl! What kind of speech is your son giving? Is he in Politics? Have fun with your sister too. Which mine enjoyed my craft as much as I do but they'd rather just Oooo and Ahhh then "Do" lol.

Hello Hello .......Kelly Shelly, and Jeanette. Hope you guys have a wonderful day too.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:32 AM   #1855

I would have been here earlier this morning... but first I read Lynn's post and had to go back to bed for a while. I was exhausted just reading about what she'd accomplished in one day!

Then - after my siesta time - I red Susan's post and rushed to the garage to get Hot Sauce ready for a trip. I'm not a huge fan of gravy/biscuits (for me it's because I don't like sausage) but with Lynn and Shelly/DH coming, I didn't want to miss out on the chatter around the table. Then, just as I was backing out of the garage I realized I was probably going to be too late and everyone would be gone already (I'm pretty sure that Lynn is because she has a car hand over to her DGD!), so I came back to my computer.

Hmmmm... I wonder what Kelly's fixing for dinner tonight??? Maybe I'll just head to Miami.

SaveSave

Old 03-12-2018, 04:03 PM   #1856
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello dear friends! Oh how i miss you! I hope this week is catch up week. I'm tired, but have declared this week as a 'me' week!

Dinner is black eye peas, mashed potatoes and breaded cube steaks, Jeanette! Salad for me and some yummy pineapple for dessert - plenty of food and room!

I missed Lynn - drats! But it's Spring Break here, too ~ not for my son, but at least it's break from taking Victoria back and forth!

Hugs!!
Old 03-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #1857
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi!

Hi ladies! Mom is wicked sick- admitted to the hospital tonight with a virus- not influenza though. Pray I do not get it!

Please say a prayer for her speedy recovery : )

Hugs to all- sorry Susan, I am not going to be able to make it= drat!

Shelly
Old 03-13-2018, 02:18 AM   #1858

Kelly, it's so good to see you! And YUM!!! I wish I'd made it for dinner! Sounds delicious!

Shelly, oh no! I'm sorry to hear your mom is so sick. Praying now! Both for her to get well and for you to stay well! (Is she back in your area - at your hospital - or is she still with sis and a hospital there?)

SaveSave

Old 03-13-2018, 07:12 AM   #1859
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey peeps! I see you!

Got lucky today at dd's dr appt - in and out!

Stay safe up there ya'll in that crazy stormaggeadon #3. We woke up to high 40's - and of course, my son can't find his jacket and we were rushing to get out the door. Ay yi yi. A Scout is NOT always prepared! LOL!

Lynn, saw on the news a few scary moments in Austin - people are just crazy. Be careful in your travels.

Soup, soup - yes, me, please! Save me a spot! I ADORE salads and soup - two of my faves. I'll bring the jokes if you have an extra bowl!

Waving ♥
Old 03-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #1860

LOL! Love the graphic Kelly... yes, you do see us. And we see you!

Old 03-13-2018, 11:29 AM   #1861
Crimping Master

Kelly I always have extra soups and salads....a staple in our house lol. So your welcome anytime. Most of the yucky weather missed us. A flurry here and there but nothing like what went east. Spring is 8 days away...this weather better warm up quick. Time change has me so screwed up here. I forget to start dinner cuz its still light out. lol Then I'm not ready to go to bed at my usual 10 and instead I'm staying up later. Crazy I know. Should be reversed but I've never been normal in that case. heehee

Shelly "NO" you cannot get sick! Praying for mom(you too)...keep us updated ok? And don't worry you can come visit for dinner later.

Jeanette wave if your passing by toot 5 miles away and I'll have your soup waiting at the Oasis.

Lynn hope your enjoying your visit. Did granddaughter enjoy her new wheels?

Old 03-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #1862

Susan, I'll toot next chance I get. Oh, that didn't sound good, did it?

BTW, my DH drove past you an hour or so ago... in the Jet. Did you see him?

Old 03-13-2018, 11:48 AM   #1863
Crimping Master

I did🤣. And don't worry everybody "Toots" right? I'm cracking myself up again...😄😄😄
Old 03-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #1864
Crimping Master

Oops meant to say I did see the fly by....I even waved lol
Old 03-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #1865

LOL! You sure you didn’t mean you tooted?

*snickering
Old 03-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #1866
Crimping Master

😄😄
Old 03-14-2018, 04:31 AM   #1867

Old 03-14-2018, 04:49 AM   #1868
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Waving hello,
My sister came down to stay overnight with mom at CDH/Northwestern hospital. I was able to come home about 7:30, and pick up for the cleaning ladies- arrival 7:15 this AM. Very early for me, but get ‘Er done!
I snuck over to my old department yesterday, had lunch with one of the ladies & stopped by to say hello to many others. I do not miss the job at all, but sure miss the ladies!!!
Ok, sounds like ya’all have been eating green pepper soup- tootin and all!!! Thanks, I’ll be passing on that one.....
I am taking my ESL student to the cardiologist today, then back to the hospital with mom.
Have a great day
Shelly
Old 03-14-2018, 04:56 AM   #1869

Shelly, it's good to see you. How is mom doing? I am glad you were able to see your friends a wee bit... and also got a chance to come home briefly.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:09 AM   #1870
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, girls ...

Shelly, good to see you and continued prayers for mom. How fun to go back to the job!

My son's school has a walk out this morning for 17 minutes in honor of the 17 students from MDS high school up the road a bit. So sad. He said as he left the car he was going to do 17 good deeds today. This from a kid who does good deeds every day because it's in his heart to do so, not because he's told. What a joy he is!

The next 2 weeks here are going to be scrambling busy ........ hugs all around!

Old 03-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #1871

Hi Kelly! I think it's fabulous that your son/school are honoring the students at MDS!

Old 03-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #1872
Proud Fan Club Member

Arrived home this afternoon with my sister. Saw my granddaughter off on her first adventure in her "new" car before I left her home this morning. She was headed to Austin (with strict instructions to say clean of all packages - how scary is that?) to spend some spring break time with her best friend. Then she will return to Dallas on Friday for an interview for a labor and delivery position at a large hospital there.

My son works for the Texas Historical Commission and is the site manager for a new museum that will be opening at the end of April. He has been on the project for 10 years and it is so exciting to see it finally coming to fruition. He is quite the public speaker and gave a flawless presentation after being stuck in Houston traffic and skidding into the presentation hall 30 seconds before he was scheduled to speak. I am quite the proud mother.

Sad to say, I have come to the conclusion that I will have to give up on my clogging. As we continue to add new steps, they continue to speed up the music faster and faster. We have not reached competition speed yet, and I am flagging behind. I have reached my maximum capacity for these 67 year old bones and muscles. It has been so much fun! The spirit is willing but the body is screaming NO!!

Shelly, I will certainly be praying for your mother to recover quickly and for the rest of your family to stay well!

Kelly, prayers continue to head your way as well!

Jeanette and Susan, is it STILL snowing on you two?

Old 03-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #1873

Welcome Home, Lynn! Of course you are - rightfully so - a proud mom! Your son did amazing under challenging circumstances. And you'll be a proud grandma too when DGD arrives home safe and sound from her first outing with her "new" car!

I'm sorry the clogging is going to have to go. I'm sure I wasn't the only one living vicariously though you. There is NO way I could have clogged... knees would have screamed NO! Plus, I have to rhythm, as we've already discussed.

No snow here. We are too far south. My DH was in snow... but he was traveling to Wisconsin when he first got into it near Chicago. He is in Wisconsin this week for a conference.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:08 AM   #1874
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, my paper and ink friends!!

My sister is here with me today, so after a breakfast out with my Breakfast Bunch friends, we plan a day of crafting fun!!

Wishing you all a happy and productive day!

Old 03-15-2018, 03:09 AM   #1875

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SaveSave

Old 03-15-2018, 03:10 AM   #1876
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the wag and the hug, Jeanette!

Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:12 AM   #1877

Hi Lynn... I didn't see you when I posted. I wonder if we were posting at the same time. Have fun with your sister today!

Old 03-15-2018, 05:59 AM   #1878
Crimping Master

Hi everyone..... Lets see where to start......ok lets start with Shelly. So is mom doing better? Hoping for a speedy recovery. How wonderful to beable to catch up with some of the ladies at lunch. Bet it was fun. Always a fun time when you can get tgether with old friends (or new) and have lunch.

Kelly wow I would be so pround to be your sons mom. Such a big heart he has. Just like his mommy! Sending you more hugs to get you through the next few days. I may not be available til monday so I wanted to make sure you got all my hugs through the weekend. Don't forget to at least take a little time out for a Bux!

Jeanette...you busy lady you! Do you have Daddy Duty with Brock this weekend? Or will DH be home intime to take Brock out for his routine lunch? I seem to remember he has a routine on Saturdays. Are you staying put or on the run again?

Lynn.....Hi Proud Mama! I know when my son was a trustee here in town I was always so proud of him when I attended the meetings. So amazing that I have such a grown up son. I still think of him as 16 sometimes. lol
I give you 10 stars for the clogging. At least you tried...I won't even check it out! lol
Ok played with the Gemini yesterday....well????? Its going to take some practice. Bent up that plate right away. Couldnt get sandwich right. Iswear when you put base plate, plastic shim, magnetic plate, die, paper, top plate.....its a tight fit and I had a hard time starting the feed. It finally went in after I off set the plates a bit. Ei yi yi. I will say that I own alot of Anna Griffin dies that I just could not get cut right in my big shot an in the gemini it went and cut all of it and the embossing part was pretty cool too. Now that your sister is over today you should both play with yours and tell me what you think.

Off to pick up our tablets today and take Nick to dentist for regular check up. Have a great day ladies.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:27 AM   #1879

Susan, I have Daddy duty today - Brock will have to go with me to set up this week's VBS Workshop. It takes the team about 4-5 hours to set up. I sure hope Brock does well. Fortunately this one is closer to home - an hour away - and I come home to sleep, rather than staying at the hotel with the team. My DH gets home tonight... and will be here for Daddy duty while I leave in the wee hours tomorrow to go teach VBS. Go Team!

My heart aches for Kelly's town... a tragedy for sure. Kelly, I am praying for the families of those who lost loved ones and all of you touched so personally with the collapse of the bridge. I'm so thankful your DD and her BF are safe!!! (((HUGE HUGS)))

Shelly, how's your mom doing? I'm praying she is improving and will be home soon.

Lynn, I hope you're doing well!

Let me go ahead and wish everyone a fabulous weekend, as I'll be leaving later this morning and will be gone all day tomorrow. I'll see you again on Monday morning!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

Old 03-16-2018, 04:48 AM   #1880
Crimping Master

Oh my Kelly...heard about the incident down there. So glad DD and BF are safe. What a horrible amount of stress for you to add into your life. Prayers for everyone and sending strength vibes to you.

Jeanette I'm sure Brock will do fine. Good thing you are still able to come home for sleep. Safe travels and I hope all goes well with the workshop.

Shelly I do hope your mom is doing better. Its so hard on them to get so sick at their age. Make sure you take care of "You" too. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

Lynn.....soooo??? Did you have a fun crafting day with your sister? Is she staying for the weekend? I don't remember if you said she was.

Busy busy this weekend. Well.....busy for me (heehee) St Patty's Day tomorrow!! We do the whole shabang....corn beef, cabbage, baby red potatoes. Irish soda bread....which is tradition but none of us actually like it but we tolorate 1 day a year. Yep how nuts are we??? lol Then down at the Fox River "Rosie O"Hara's Bar" puts on a fabulous fireworks display over the water from the pedestrian bridge. AWESOME! Then Sunday DIL and I will be working on more of the decorations for the Unicorn party. Boy we are going all out on the FANCY! But we are recycling too. We're using recycled jars for treat tolders on the Sweets Table and old Yankee Candle jars for utensils after we "pretty" them up. Tori is so excited seeing the stuff slowly come together. She and my DIL have perfected their Unicorn slime so now all the girls will be able to make their own. We are making toppers for jars to hold the slime on Sunday too.

Enjoy the weekend and blessing to all.