Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-27-2018, 05:10 AM   #1681
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Late check in here... been trying to get Mt. Laundry under control and doing some other things to in anticipation of DH's packing and impending trip. Busy morning and it's not much past 8:00. Whew!

Today there are trips to the bank, store, and card club, too! Plus that packing and finishing the laundry. I'm a tad behind because Brock and I decided to go to the small city with DH (he had a hospital visit to make) to see what deals we could find at Hobby Lobby, since I've been hearing of some awesome clearance prices. Ours had NOTHING! But we had a good time in town, all the same.

Kelly, what a fun project that must have been... and I'm sure your DS did a fabulous job with it! You get kudos for being the transport, too!

Susan, I'm sorry you didn't find any bargains at HL (same here) but it sounds like you did find some things you needed, so not a wasted trip!

Lynn, YAY for the purse purchase. Of course it needed to come home with you!

Shelly, I sure wish I'd planned to go north a day sooner so I could have seen you... we'll just have to make that work some time in the future.

SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-27-2018, 06:26 AM   #1682
Stampin' Fool

Sore throat today....figures grandkids are just getting better and I'm all horsey. Throat feels a bit hot inside but I'm sure it's my imagination. (I have a vivid one LOL!) So Instead of going to my grand nephews Bday party I'll stay home and play with shimmery/glittery stuff I bought the other day. Yes Shelly I will share pics when I'm done playing. This may be a money saver if they work out like I want. Especially with craft store reducing their products and alot of independant places have closed yet those that are still open are a bit pricey. My Hob Lob only had 1 ink of stella on shelf and it was $6.99 reg price and I can use a coupon. My LSS by the cabin sold them for $8.99 each. I definately passes. So if my experiments work I'll probably save quite a bit.

Lynn so happy you were able to treat yourself to the new purse!

Have fun carding Shelly. Great way to spend a Saturday.

Jeanette so glad you are home. Hopefully Brock will do great. I know it's hard to leave them with someone else but you have to do what you have to do. Hope you get some playtime in between DH's packing and your conference and the laundry. Don't you wish we could just twitch our noses like Samantha Stevens??? heehee

Kelly remember to slow down a bit. Don't want you getting sick again.

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Old 01-27-2018, 06:28 AM   #1683
Stampin' Fool

Bummer there were no deals at your Hob Lob Jeanette. Where Oh Where are those clearance stores???? LOL

Old 01-27-2018, 11:49 AM   #1684
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends!

We're home from a LOOOONG day! I'm not moving either! Whew, time to put my feet up or get inky .. whichever comes first

Susan, the sales were all at my store, I think! I ended up with a shopping cart full of goodies, some were my wish list items on DEEP clearance and some were for friends. But I was very upset that I had a item in my hands for a friend, the manager wouldn't honor the clearance price and then it sold while the store was closed last night! They unlocked the door for me this morning and I went in, saw the sticker but no box, no item. It made me so sad that they chose to do that.

I would like to ask for a prayer request for my dd's fiance's mom - she's back in the hospital via ambulance She was released, home 4 days, and passed out this morning. She goes to dialysis daily for 4 hours 'until further notice' due to kidney failure but was otherwise doing okay. So dd is there now, tearfully keeping me posted.

(((((((((( group hug )))))))))))
Old 01-27-2018, 01:43 PM   #1685
Stampin' Fool

Oh No....Kelly I am so saddened of the news of DD's MIL. Prayers sent right away. What a horrible thing to have to endure. HUGS....HUGS....HUGS.

Wow sounds like you made a huge dent at HL. Not right of store to sell item right under your nose. Enjoy all those other treasures.

Again Hugs

Old 01-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #1686
Proud Fan Club Member

What a heart-breaking set back, Kelly!! I will continue to pray for your daughter's future MIL and her family.

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 01-29-2018, 01:57 AM   #1687

Oh Kelly.... lots and lots of prayers for DD's finance's mom. So scary and baffling, and heart-wrenching. Praying for swift improvement!

Susan, are you feeling any better? I sure hope so!!!

Lynn, I hope you're doing well!

Waving to Shelly, too!

SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-29-2018, 04:43 AM   #1688
Stampin' Fool

Feeling a whole lot better. Seems it was a shorty. Got together with lady group lyesterday and gave out the glue gun holders to 2 of the 5 since we were celebrating their birthdays. And my cards were done. Heres quick peek.

I'll check in later busy day........

HELLO....EVERYONE

Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 PM   #1689
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello!

Oh goodness Susan, your cards are gorgeous! I love love love the glue gun holders as well!

Kelly- so sorry to hear about your daughters future MIL- so unfortunate. I wonder if she seemed healthy but had underlying kidney issues not detected yet...... Dialysis does do a number on your blood pressure depending on how much fluid gets removed- its like a diuretic..... Bless her heart- will keep her in prayers!

My car drove me into the Hobby Lobby parking lot today..... Not much in the clearance aisle....stamps were all 40% off. I did find a Gemini box...heart fluttered, but at the register they said they were all gone and the box just was not taken off the display..... Oh well. My Big Shot only cranks in one direction, the other way it has all kinds of horrible noises, so that would have been nice.... Hoping they were being truthful.....

Nothing much new here- just stamping and stamping the last few days! In the past month, we have had alot of deaths- mostly friends loved ones- one friend- his dad died, one friend- his wife died- long battle with kidney disease, a neighbors dad passed at 92, at PT- therapist FIL died and receptionist's dad died (young). Overnight Sunday, my nephew (hubby's side) lost his MIL- her house exploded at 3:30AM. Sad and awful! My nephew is just beyond himself!

I took my ESL student to get an ultrasound of her heart (aka echocardiogram) today, and her insurance was not active ??? so, I took her to the grocery store. We looked at fruit, veg's meat, etc..... and I got my little bit of shopping done too. She is so sweet! The World Relief people , hopefully, will get right on the insurance issue and get it fixed! In the store, she was pushing the cart- not something she is used too.... it was not overly hard, but not too easy either..... She was working at a food packing plant- and the girls still do- so it was interesting for her to see how the meat was packaged and displayed. I think her girls do most of the grocery shopping. She is so very engaging with others and smiles alot. (she is beautiful and her 2 girls are as well).

Tomorrow, I will attend an end of life talk at church. There were so many people interested they had to open up a second session. It will be good to hear the info, as I am Mom's POA for health care. If anyone ever asks you to do this, say no! I learned the hard way when Dad died- this is a very hard job!

I do not know HOW to fry food- I bake or broil everything (or grill in the summertime). So, we had a teach Shelly to make Fried Chicken tonight. It went well and Ray really enjoyed it. LOL It seems as if it should be easy.....

Hugs to all
Shelly
Old 01-30-2018, 05:02 AM   #1690

Oh my goodness... what beautiful cards, Susan... and that hot glue gun holder. WOW!

Shelly, glad you found a few things at HL, but too bad about the Gemini being gone.

I hope you all have a great day today. I'm going to run errands and then spend some time in my Working Studio.

SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-30-2018, 05:36 AM   #1691
Stampin' Fool

Thanks Jeanette and Shelly. I like the way they turned out too. I used mostly this paper pack I had picked up at Tuesday Morning called Downton Abbey. I loved the Victorian look of the papers. Aww Shelly too bad about Gemini. Question if they did have it can you use a coupon too? I am planning on buying the Gemini and right now lowest price I have found is $169. at Consumers Craft web site.

Jeanette is the Working Studio a fancy name for craft room? Or are you really doing work stuff and not playing? Aren't you leaving soon again? You are such a busy lady.

Hope things are getting better over at Kelly's. HI KELLY!

Lynn is probably out shopping and showing off her new purse! heehee.

No plans today. Claire and I have a date with the tv and Mickey Mouse! LOL

Warm up tomorrow...might be in 40's then right back into soup weather!

Old 01-30-2018, 05:46 AM   #1692
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, friends! Time keeps sneaking up on me and I'm scrambling to get so much done in a short time, but blessed to be able to keep on scramblin! I"m at an appt with Victoria and left my phone at home - ay yi yi! It always last 2 hours!

Thank you for the prayers for dd's MIL - she's back home again. She is a mess, poor lady. Her dialysis started well, but ended badly - in the ER but they have given her a good prognosis. Friends! GET YOUR FLU SHOT! This was a direct result of that flu going around - she got so sick, so badly dehydrated, and went to the ER - TWICE - for tx and like you've probably read on the news, they said you have the flu go home. She ended up so badly dehydrated and so sick, she went into kidney failure. The dr told her she would get better - eventually - but it's a rough road right now. Thank you prayer warriors!

Shelly - at the dialysis center, her last appt they took out too many liters and it ended up sending her in a tailspin. They took out more than they should have and it dehydrated her again after they finally got her back on track! It was awful

Oh Susan, that glue gun holder! WOW! And your cards - swoon!

Tomorrow I'm signed up to help with drama auditions for the new incoming students - should be fun! 3 hours of students being nervous and us slinging pizza and chips and soda - not my idea, lol, but fundraising is funraising

Waving to all ♥

Old 01-30-2018, 06:00 AM   #1693

Hi Susan... my "room" is called my Working Studio. It has two huge desks in it... one is where I do my "work" - conference prep, minutes, etc. The other is where I stamp. So it is a dual purpose room. I leave Sunday for two days. Then I think I'm home until the last weekend of February, when I'll be gone two days for our first of five VBS workshops.

Kelly, oh no! I'd be frustrated without my phone while at the appointment. I hope that goes okay. Thanks for the update on DD's future MIL... will continue to pray for her!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-31-2018, 02:39 AM   #1694

Find Me on Instagram

Old 01-31-2018, 07:08 PM   #1695
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi!

Hi ladies- nothing new here. We had a nice day today- not too cold- snow in the forcast over the weekend.... 1-3 inches.

My next creative challenge is to make collage ATCs- not an easy task- like making a CAS card- nothing simple about it! LOL

In watercolor class, we learned about one and two point perspective. We are painting a barn this week. The two poing perspective tells us how to make the lines for the building in the right perspective/angles..... Very interesting : ) My Mom and my husband both grew up on farms, so I am going to look and see if I can find any pictures of the barns on their farms and make it more personal.

The week is flying by! Hope the weekend is here soon. Hubby golfs each year with college buddies- the Sat of the Superbowl weekend. Some years, they are out shoveling snow- they use orange golf balls.... So, Mom and I have Saturday to ourselves. We will go to ATC exchange in the afternoon and a play Sat night. My sister is going to take her home with her and bring her back on Tuesday. My hubby needs a break! Maybe we will go to a movie!

We are heading to a wake again on Friday night- my nephews Mil was killed in a fire.... That is Sympathy card # 6 for Jan....hope we do not have to make any ore for a while!!!

Shelly
Old 02-01-2018, 04:07 AM   #1696

Shelly, I'm sorry to hear of the need for so many sympathy cards. (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-01-2018, 06:22 AM   #1697
Stampin' Fool

Shelly so sorry for all the sorrow you have been going through lately. Hopefully no more sympathy cards will be needed. Better put on the soup pot today because though yesterday was nice today already it is freezing!! I'm at 10 right now wind chill-6 and dropping. You'll have to share your barn watercolor when you get it done. Have fun with the collage ATC. I'm always a "Hot Mess" so collages are easy for me! LOL Love doing them.

Jeanette...Multi purpose rooms are aawesome. I want to combine my office which is upstairs into the craftroom downstairs. Then I could have access to the computer and printer.

Lynn are you being creative today? How did Clogging go this week?

Kelly...can't imagin you being calm with out your phone. You must have had a few Starbucks in your lap to help! LOL

Off food shopping today then into craftroom to do a few valentines. Got to get those out of the way! LOL

Old 02-01-2018, 04:50 PM   #1698
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! Sorry I've been dashing about and trying to get to SCS - what a week! I'm literally drained but gotta keep on truckin'!

OH GOSH, Susan! You hot mess you, LOL! (Though I disagree!) You made my week with that Starbucks cake!! My daughter was like "YASSSS , mommy! That's so you!" LOL! You girls are too funny ♥

This morning was 'ruff' as Buddy, our doggie and my 5th child, had to go to the vet for a procedure that required sedation and I was fretting out of my wits. But he's doing good - we've been home for a few hours and he's up and walking and trying to eat - yay!

Oh Shelly, this hasn't been easy for you and your family . You all sound like you are very close. That's a lot of losses in such a short time. Big hugs! I love that are you going to your watercolor class and since I met and talked to your wonderful mom, I can just 'see' those farms!

Jeanette - the working studio sounds so nice! I miss having a craft room but am glad dd has a place to rest her head on weekends I hope that Brock will do okay while both mom and dad are away!

Lynn - yay for clogging and good times ♥

Waving!

Old 02-02-2018, 04:30 AM   #1699

Susan, my multi-purpose room is the largest room in the house. I can't complain! AND it is conveniently located just off of the kitchen and laundry room so I can multi-task, too. I hope when you get your two areas combined, you will love it as much as I love mine!

It's so hard when one of our kids has to go through a procedure requiring sedation. So glad Buddy is doing okay... and even eating a bit. How's the morning? Is he doing even better now? Thanks! I'm sure Brock will do fine; I'm just "a-worryin' for nutting'".

Lynn, are you doing okay - how's the clogging going?

Shelly, how are things going?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-02-2018, 04:46 AM   #1700
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly, I am glad to hear your DD's future MIL is out of the hospital, but it is clear she has an uphill struggle. My prayers for her will continue. Concession stand fundraising, been there, done that. I actually enjoyed it to some degree and made a few life-long friends in the process. Yay for Buddy!! So glad he is on the mend! I am gritting my teeth and bare-knuckling it everyday to keep from getting myself a new dog!

Shelly, I love the picture of snow golfing you have created in my head!! That must be great fun! Can't wait to see your barn. I know it will be awesome. I am so sorry to hear of the fire that took your nephew's MIL. So very tragic.

Susan, I cannot even imagine what -6 must feel like. We whimper and refuse to leave the house in the 30s. I am glad it has given you more time for crafting! Those fancy folds are amazing.

Jeanette, is you laundry all done and folded back into your suitcases? I know you have found the perfect fit for Brock while you and your husband are away.

I seem to have piddled away the week with little to show for it. I have set myself the task of getting my cards organized so that I can put my hands on what I need quickly. I am also setting a goal for myself to NOT make any cards that I don't have a real use for just to complete a challenge.

Clogging is going well. I have finally learned enough basic steps to be able to string them together into simple dances!! I found one on YouTube to Wagon Wheel, that I enjoy doing as practice at home. They may even give me permission to order my shoes with taps soon!!

Hobby Lobby is frustrating me greatly here. They have big bins of stamps in the aisles awaiting markdown, but nothing ever happens! I am ready for them to pull the trigger and get this sale going!!

Yesterday would have been my 49th wedding anniversary. I celebrated by fixing one of my husband's favorite meals - meatloaf with mac and cheese.

I think I may have told you all about my new cooking style. I prepare everything in 3 x 5 mini tins, cook one for dinner, and freeze all the rest. I cook about once a week and now have a rotation of about 6 different casseroles all ready to pop in the oven at any given time. Right now there is about a month's worth of meals in my freezer. I am going to take a break from cooking and use those up so everything stays fresh. This has also been great for sharing with Mom and Dad who have been sick the past couple of weeks and a friend who recently lost her husband.

Off to get some card-making and card organizing done!!

How are you all celebrating the Super Bowl?

Old 02-02-2018, 04:55 AM   #1701

Lynn, so good to read your post. WOW! I didn't know you had to wait to get your clogging shoes with taps. I guess that makes sense... no point in spending money on them and finding clogging isn't for you is the perk... but probably the real reason is the noise. They don't want someone learning to muddle the sound of those more experienced.

Your cooking plan sounds great. AND I am sure you had lots of fond memories of enjoying your meal of meat loaf with mac and cheese with your husband. (I fear I would probably have avoided that meal on the date of our anniversary... my tears would have added too much salt to the plate. But I admire the way you handle this all so beautifully!)

Hobby Lobby needs to get with it... you have shopping to do!

Now about card-making... for me it's about the creativity. I love to create and then the cards pile up... with no where to go. LOL

Thanks for your sweet words regarding Brock (and his traveling parents). I'm not going to lie... this is so hard! But it is going to be okay. I totally - TOTALLY - trust the woman coming to stay with him!

Super Bowl plans... I plan to be driving to my destination. LOL!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-02-2018, 06:27 AM   #1702
Stampin' Fool

Lynn I agree with Jeanette...Hobby Lobby needs to get with it! I went to mine last night. A few things on clearance willy nilly through the papercraft section. Papers 50% off but thats the normal Ad sale for this week. Not 1 stamp had been removed from their cubby and none marked clearance. All were regular price. I had an epiphany (wow I'm impressed I spelled that right the first time!!! lol)...About 6 months ago my Hobby Lobby was rearranging the layout of the store. Papercraft area was a mess and alot of cleaarance items. I had asked the girl working on the floor sorting what was going on and she said they wanted to make room for some new lines of products. Now I know we have a bigger section of WRMK and a larger section devoted to those planner things (too organized for me to use. lol). Maybe...just maybe.... some stores are going through the re-arranging too. Maybe thats why some stores are having those great clearances. That being said.....if they have stamps in a bin they should at least mark them....unless they're only moving them???? Just a thought.

Glad your enjoying your clogging! Like I said before I give you alot of credit for doing it...I'm much too lazy!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the fancy fold cards. I LOVE fancy folds! Making a few real cute and simple Valentine ones. Which is why I headed to Hobby Lobby last night to get some veluem. (thats probably spelled wrong lol)

Jeanette...totally understand the worrys of Brock being watched over by someone other than you or DH. I too rub the worry stone whenever we leave Nick. Even when he's with my sister who he see's about 4 times a year. We're MOMS....we are worry worts by nature! hahaha

Lynn...yay for clogging shoes. Now everyone can hear how great your becoming! I'm sure all that practice from YouTube is making you quite a good clogger!

I should really sort my stash and not make so many cards I won't be using. Those are piling up. I don't want to toss them but don't really want to keep holding on to them. Some I look at and think "Hmmmm...I made that one?? What was I thinking?" heeheehee Anyway now today I'll be making a bunch of fancy fold valentines which of course I won't need all of them but I couldn't make up my mind on the paper to use so I'm going to use all the options.....lol Never ending circle for me!

Lynn...I have the same Super Bowl plans as Jeanette. Although I may be piggin' out on hot wings! We're suppose to get snow over the weekend so I'll be peeking at the pretty as the game plays on.

Oh.....BIG PLAN!! I will be sitting all cozy on sofa with a cup of tea...box of kleenix...in my jammies to watch the episode of "This is Us". Where they may finally reveal what really happened to Jack. Yep thats my Super Bowl plan!

Ok I just glanced (for some reason that word looks dumb to me haha) back and saw that this post is also a never ending circle...I have just circled around one topic to the next right back to the previous...ey yi yi!! Need more coffee!!!

Check in later!

Old 02-02-2018, 06:29 AM   #1703
Stampin' Fool

Dang it.....see I was so confused that I had Jeanette sitting at home for Super Bowl instead of driving to her destination......

Safe driving Jeanette.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:29 AM   #1704
Proud Fan Club Member

So it's back on the road Sunday, Jeanette!! Wishing you safe travels. I know Brock will do great!

I forgot to mention my epic fail with Instagram this week!! Turns out my iphone 4 is too old to support Instagram. So for now I will just be a lurker over there!!

Another epic fail this week. Changing my gas credit card account. I wanted to just change it over to my name! No-they canceled it. Then I had to go reapply. I should have my card in another week! Hope I don't need any gas until then!!

Old 02-02-2018, 06:32 AM   #1705
Proud Fan Club Member

I'll be watching This is Us, too, Susan! I love that show!!

Old 02-02-2018, 06:32 AM   #1706
Stampin' Fool

Oh my Lynn....your fails may be lessons to us!! I'm going to get a gas card in my name soon. Only recently got my own bank account with debit and a credit card. I heard it was a good idea so what the heck!

Old 02-02-2018, 06:33 AM   #1707
Stampin' Fool

I knowwwww.......BEST SHOW EVER!!!

Old 02-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #1708

Susan, I like your Super Bowl plan... and yes, I'll be driving... my very pretty Hot Sauce and singing back up for Elvis... so it's a win/win! No need for a Super Bowl, right?

Lynn, oh my! Sorry to hear about the card being canceled and you needing to reapply. They should have fixed that! And lurking on Instagram can be fun. I hope you find things to enjoy. Oops! That reminds me... I need to go add a picture to my Instagram. Yikes!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-02-2018, 07:25 PM   #1709
Proud Fan Club Member

HIya chatty girls!

I was either running around or home charging through this house getting it back in order. I'm still 'fixing' things that they 'did' while I was away, LOL! We get so much traffic in this house, plus 2 dogs and a kitty - ugh! Today I scrubbed!

The kids were SO cute tonight! Both older daughters had their 'boys' over (double date) for homemade pizza and 'stix and fondue! Dude. the minute the fondue came out - nom nom! I was AT THAT TABLE! soooo good! And apparently we are now having a superbowl party! Who knew! (I was planning on making cards, but I can manage to hang with my kids, too) DD2 bf apparently likes him some football and the Pats.

Aw, Lynn - I'm sorry about Instagram! I love it!! I'm there more than FB or my blog! It's so easy - just post and click and done! No big blog posts to write. I see a lot of people that stopped blogging are now over there, too - maybe when you upgrade your phone, when you are ready, it will be there and waiting! Though I do love my blog so I'm usually at both places!

SHUCKS, Susan - that's too bad about HL! Ours was STILL on clearance today! I did hear that some had it one day gone the next. I was there early and scooped up a ton of stamps for dirt cheap BUT I did not get the item I went to get for my friend. I was so upset. I had it in my hand, the manager was being silly, and then sold it - 99.9% sure to an employee >;( I wrote a letter to corporate, but I expect it to fall on deaf ears and in the end, she still doesn't have it (from my store, anyway) and no one really cares And, I'm hearing two stories ... 1. something else is coming and they are getting rid of the 'wood' stamps, moving to space saving and economically diverse cling and clear stamps. It's cheaper. and 2. they are doing out with the old, in with the new ... which I'm curious about, since they tend to clearance their stamps all the time (Ii've gotten $2 and $3 Art Impression stamps back in the clearance section all year long) so why the ENTIRE 5 shelves! Like HUNDREDS of stamps! The way I see it, no matter what's coming, I could never have afforded this many stamps for such little dollar - so win/win! (except for my friend)

Jeanette, travel safe! And ladies, I can attest Hot Sauce is indeed sweet and jeanette does drive around with Elvis, LOL!! She got there a couple days after we were there and leaving late that night at the church, our mutual friend rode home with Barb and I said I'd right with Jeanette and our friend said across the parking lot "Oh, you're riding in Hot Rod?" Hot Rod? I can assure you she keeps it under 90 mph, but I"ll let you know!" It was definitely a smooth and gentle ride, a sauce indeed and definitely not a rod ... hee hee!

OH Shelly, where are ya girl! Hugs!

Alright, time to consider some sleep!

Hugs!!
Old 02-03-2018, 02:40 AM   #1710

YAY! Super Bowl party at Kelly's.... do we have to cheer one of the teams or can we just chat??? Oh, wait! DD2's BF might not like us doing that, I suppose.

I think it will be interesting to see what really is happening at HL, and I fear we may not like it. But those who got the bargains will at least have those toys to play with. I'm glad you were able to snag a few, even though you didn't get the one item on the list (for the friend).

Awwwww... Hot Sauce, Elvis and I all thank you for your sweet comments! (You know how I love my wheels. )

FYI - I'm leaving tomorrow for a two-day trip, so unless I pop in here again later today (who am I kidding? I know you ladies will coax me back to this thread today), I'll see you on Tuesday. Have a great weekend as well as a good start to next week!

SaveSave
SaveSave

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-03-2018, 03:21 AM   #1711
Proud Fan Club Member

Fondue!! Where's my stix? Sounds like you better keep the pot out for your Super Bowl celebration, Kelly!!

I am still hitting my HL everyday (it's less than a mile from my house) waiting for them to spring the sale on us. I know they are getting ready to by the boxes and boxes I saw in the aisles a few days ago. Now the aisles are all clear and nothing was put out, but it's coming!!! I know!!!!

My Super Bowl party for one will involve cream cheese with ginger habanero jelly on Ritz! LOL! And maybe a Not Your Momma's Cream Soda!

Jeanette, I guess Hot Sauce is all gassed up and ready to roll! Can't think of a better traveling companion than Elvis!!

Good morning to Shelly and Susan, as well!

Hope all have a great weekend!!

Old 02-03-2018, 03:28 AM   #1712

Lynn, I love how you party!

Yes, DH gassed up Hot Sauce before he left on his trip - and I've driven the Jet around town all week, choosing to leave Hot Sauce in the garage with a full tank. (If the tank is full, I can make it to our state offices and back again without needing to fill up the tank.) FYI - Elvis won't fill up my tank for me, I have to do it myself when I'm on a trip... but DH always fills it up for me if I need gas while I'm at home. I hate to pump gas!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-03-2018, 01:14 PM   #1713
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanette, same! Dh pumps the gas in all our cars, including our daughters. I just don't do it - I'm a little spoiled that way!

YAY Lynn! Party is ON! And you are right - we had so much fondue left over, holy pound cake Batman! They had pretzels, brownies, pound cake, marshmallows, fruit .... and 3 types of chocolate: dark, milk and white. Oh my heavens!

Today I ran around with little man getting him all spiffed up - new haircut, new tennis shoes for school - the boy is an 11 MEN'S shoe and he's only 13!! Oh and lunch! We had mexican since my dh is NOT a fan - yummmmmm!

Now I'm home and plan to make some cards - not moving for the rest of the day!

Tomorrow is Scout Sunday at church so it's always a joy to see the boys in their uniforms all sitting together looking sharp None of us go to our home church so that the pack can sit in their 'pack' church together as one. Since the church lets us have the space for free to met in, we provide community service and food donations for their soup kitchen, etc. It's amazing to see ♥

Hugs!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 02-03-2018 at 01:17 PM..
Old 02-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #1714

Kelly, that's awesome about your DH... and all that chocolate! YUM! I also think it is great that the scouts all join together for worship on Scout Sunday. And to give back to the host church is a great idea!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-03-2018, 05:20 PM   #1715
Stampin' Fool

Boy once again I have not gotten any notifications that you guys have been posting. Stupid computers!
Lynn Love the Not your Momma's Cream Soda. I a BIG cream soda fan to begin with. Now I may just have to have Jim go out tomorrow and get me some when he goes out for the Pico and Guac. We are having our Super Bowl party for 3 although Nick couldn't care less about football.

Hope your still around Jeanette so I can say BYE!! Safe travels. I'll be praying that you totally miss the snow that's suppose to be coming. Not sure if it's going that far down but I know I'm getting hit. It's already started here.

Mmmmm.........Kelly...... fondue , dark chocolate and pound cake Yummo. I could easly eat and entire pound cake by myself. Guess I won't loose much weight if I did that! haahaahaa What a wonderful way your little mans troop gives back to the community. I'm sure you are oh so pround of him and his troop.

Hi Shelly...are you all doing well?

Ok everyone.....enjoy Superbowl Sunday and Jeanette drive carefully.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #1716

Susan, I think I should crash your Sper Bowl party.. I love Guacamole!

I don’t know about the snow... first they say it will be in the area of the meeting, then they say no. I guess time will tell.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #1717
Stampin' Fool

Well the snow has finally really started here. Last night the flurries stopped but its picking up now this morning. If we get 3" of measureable snow at Ohare then the Art Van Furniture store will not be very happy. They had a promotion 2 weeks ago that anyone who bought furniture at their stores on a particular day and we get the snow on Super Bowl Sunday all money will be refunded. So I root for snow today!

Still staying home today and having hot wings and nachos with a side of guac. Jeanette I'll have a small bowl of guac at the mail box for when you fly by! LOL But you better hurry....a plow driver may beat you to it!

Lynn enjoy your cream cheese and jelly on ritz and that Cream Soda (wink wink)

Kelly how was Scout Day at Church? Are you Super Bowling or Carding today?

Shelly.....what's happening at your house today?

I'll check in Monday. Have an awesome Sunday.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:59 AM   #1718
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Susan! I'm ready for Super-bowling --- at my craft desk! LOL!

I am SO EXCITED! Shelly, thank you SO MUCH for pointing out these markers!! I didn't get to use them at watercolor class but based on your recommendations, I saw the $30 sale on Amazon for the 48 set and told my daughter - she had a $20 coupon (love those teachers' perks!) any purchase and surprised me for my birthday with the 96 set! GAHHH! Now I hope I really like them because there are so many!

Scout Sunday was so awesome - only 5 from little man's troop but rows and rows of Cubs! Awesome site!

Not a quac fan here but my dd1's fiance makes one that people beat the door down for! Enjoy - I"ll just be nom noming on humus and veggies and spanish tortilla! I secretly LOVE IT when the girls are here and plan and cook the meals they plan their parties for and I get to sit back ........ and color, hee hee! I do love to cook but lately it's wearing me out!

I hope all the crud is gone at your house, Susan and you are able to enjoy today. No snow here. 81* here and breezy and beautiful!!!!

Old 02-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #1719
Stampin' Fool

Happy coloring Kelly. Love the scout pic. What a handsome young man.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:30 PM   #1720
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Hehe and Yippee! I got in here from my phone : )

We had ATC swap yesterday, Ray was out golfing. Every year, rain, snow or ice, the guys golf the Saturday before the Super Bowl. Woke up at 6am, mom was in the bathtub.... yikes! I scared the daylights out of her when I walked in.

After ATC swap, we met my 2 sisters, my Aunt & one dis’ kids & MIL for dinner, then went to a play 2 of the nephews were in. It was fun.

Mom went home with my sister Eileen. Yep, home here all by ourselves! Heavenly. Missing mom a touch... we went to mass this AM, came home & chilled a bit, then went to a movie- the Post.

Fondue sounds delicious! Jeanette, fun that Hot Sauce is all filled up & ready to go for your trip! Lynn, I don’t do too spicy...! Susan and Kelly- yum on guacamole!

Watching Justin Timberlake now. Have not seen too many outstanding commercials yet.

Shelly