Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 01-13-2018, 09:47 AM   #1641
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Hi girls! No worse for wear here - alas, didn't get any of Susan's yummy chicken soup! Darn! Maybe today!! I was up most of the night, kinda fretting but trying not to. My son is at Order of the Arrow - a stepping stone to Eagle Scout in where they are taken into the 'wilderness/woods' and have to figure out a lot of things, like shelter, work, minimal food and only water. It rained ALL night and they had to figure out their own shelter, with just a tarp and the trees and woods! He did take things like a knife and hatchet, etc but I just can't breath easy until I know he's okay - confirmed They get a big feast tonight at the end of the OA and then find out next week if they passed (something about a series of things they need to accomplish). I hope he does. I don't want to be up all night for the weekend, twice!

LYNN! Clogging! You go girl! That's a hoot! It looks like a blast - and I think it's perfect for you

Look at Shelly shopping! Those markers are tempting. I have a few sets of watercolor markers so I have to use what I have, not keep buying - but can't wait to see what you do with yours! I have the SU! waterbrush and love it, except it doesn't allow for teeny tiny fine points. More like full images or broad strokes?!
And I hear you on the filling up your cart!

Susan - always keeping busy! I keep my craft desk tidy - after EACH card! It's a rule I made last year. Not because I keep it clean and tidy, LOL! That's the one area I always let go - if it looks like an explosion went off in there, even after one card, so be it. But now, I have a small desk. Right off the dining room area, so I CANNOT let it be unsightly! Most friends know what I do. They've seen it, they don't care. And anyone else that it might bother, then that's what the porch is for - ROFL!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 01-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #1642
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Sunday night!

My son has arrived home!!! Back from Order of the Arrow - yay! He had a grueling 3 days but said he learned so much and enjoyed the process!

Shelly? Susan? Was it one of you who mentioned Winking Owl wine? My neighbor brought over 3 bottles from her party .... now I do like a glass of wine here or there but it's rare so I just said thank you and stashed them. I am remembering the name, but can't remember from whom - I think Aldi? Not sure of what it tastes like - I love me some white wine and these are red!

In just a few days, I'll be on a plane!!!! Zipping off to the snow lined streets of Wisconsin from a tropical Miami - looking quite daft wearing a parka FROM here, lol, because I refuse to check a bag ~ I"ll have layers on my layers - ROFL! I'm quite excited - a long 10 years in the making for this trip to happen! A few days but a lifetime of memories ♥ One day, we will all meet in some capacity - I'm sure

Hugs all around!
Unread Yesterday, 04:36 AM   #1643
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Remember me? I used to hang out here. LOL!

I've read the thread - WOW! I'm completely impressed with Lynn's new activity. You go, my friend! Clogging! WOW! (I am seriously in awe!) And I say, keep up the tree.. enjoy it as long as you can!

I want a G'ma like Susan! Who will take me to Stabucks. I'm jus' sayin. DRATS though... I'm so sorry we're not going to meet IRL this trip. Someday. I'll just have to remember to pass through on some day other than Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday!

Shelly, your ESL student gave you the utmost compliment by preparing the special coffee for you! Treasured photos! And the ones of you and your girls are, too!

Kelly, congrats to your son!!! What an experience! I'm sorry about your DD's future MIL's health scare. Praying she recovers completely! Scary stuff! Are you feeling better now? I'm sorry you've been sick! I am going to check out your blog here in a bit - I'm so glad you were the GIU girl this week!!!

Ladies, it is so nice to feel missed... thank you for noticing I had disappeared. Oh if only you knew. The first day of our Alabama trip one of the fellow group members got sick - we suspect it was Influenza A. The second day I had it. (Since returning home, I've heard that 2 others have not been well either, though they think theirs is bronchitis instead). I forced myself to function - what else could I do so far from home... and I avoided contact with people (I literally sat off in the corner.)

The minute I walked in the door to my home on Monday night, I crawled into bed. And I slept... and slept... and slept. For the entire two days I had at home before flying to Texas. I was too weak to drive myself to the airport (I hadn't eaten anything since Sunday night) and my husband had a Thursday morning meeting, so he and Brock took me to a hotel near the airport on Wednesday night that had shuttle to the airport for me on Thursday morning. And off I flew to Texas for the essential training.

I am home again now (until Friday)... way too far behind to catch up. LOL! I am still weak and have a lingering cough but I'm no longer sick, which is good... and my appetite is slowly returning so I suspect my energy will return soon, too. At least that is my HOPE!

So... that explains my disappearance. I hope to never go through that again and would suggest you avoid it if at all possible, too!

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Unread Yesterday, 06:15 AM   #1644
Insane Embellisher

Wow Kelly...Congrats to little man for making it through the 3 day process. I remember those days. My son had to do that too and his was on an extremely stormy time. I remember sitting in bed during the thunder and lightning storm...rain POURING BUCKETS and telling my dh that I want to hop in the van and go get him home and dry! LOL Dh wouldn't let me go so I stayed up all night fretting! The next day the Scouts had a family lunch planned and when we got there I was prepared with dry socks, pants, shirt and coat plus a dry pair of shoes. Though my ds rolled his eyes at me when I told him....he was soon in the van changing! LOL Sorry the soup didn't arrive..must be because of this winter storm were having.

OMG Jeanette...your sick too? Heard this wiped Kelly on her keester too. Sounds like you needed that rest when you got home. How wonderful of dh for getting you to a hotel to make travels a bit easier for you. We did miss you a ton but health is first. So many people are coming down with this cold/flu. Its horrible. Knock on wood I have not gotten that sick yet. Now make sure you take some extra vit C and get super healthy for Wisc. You too Kelly!
So Lynn did you start Clogging yet? How'd you like it? Have you played with any new cards? Boy I really need to get to those blogs. heehee...I'm behind as usual!
Shelly...thanks alot...now because you you I have waterbrushes in my Amazon cart. Just waiting for your review before I click buy. lol Hope everyone is healthy by you.

I'm still trying to come up with the perfect Birthday card and I'm not likeing the end results on the last 4. So today I'll be back to designing. And making my fabulous Spicy Dill Tomatoe soup for dinner. Nice chilly day for soup!
I'll see if I can check back in later!

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Unread Yesterday, 06:22 AM   #1645

YUM! Susan, your soup sounds awesome! It's definitely soup kind of weather.

Unread Yesterday, 07:35 AM   #1646
Stazon Splitcoast

Dashing through - and waving! Glad someone else popped in because it was starting to look like I was talking to myself - ROFL!

Oh. wait. I do that anyway ....

Did you know that THAT is a sign of a genius! Yep, that's a fact! So talking to myself just means ....... that I'm waiting to see that I'm a genius. Ha!

Welcome home, Jeanette.

Susan - that soup sounds divine - wow. You really are a soup connoisseur! (see ! That's a big word! Genius!) I hope you get your birthday cards done in time. This week is crunch time . So many cards to make and our schedule this week could not be any busier ... yikes!
Unread Yesterday, 07:48 AM   #1647

Hi Kelly - or should I call you Ms. Genius? Thanks for the welcome home!

Unread Yesterday, 07:34 PM   #1648
Insane Embellisher

Genius? Wow I didn't know that! I must be a genius too then. I like that alot better then thinking no one listens to me...lol

Did not get the perfect card done yet instead cut out 6o chocolate holders (kind of like my snowman I made with envelope punch board) for the kids to put together as valentines for school. Yep I'm a "CRAZY" Genius!!! heeheehee I cut, Bryce punched and Tori stamped and signed. Now they need assembly.

Took a watercolor card class tonight and guess what??? I STINK at it!! OMG only used 2 colors so I thought "How hard can this be"? Well hard enough to decide I cannot watercolor. This is not the same as watercoloring a stamped image. That I can do but start with a blank piece and well.........pffft. I do so much better with acrylics. Just can't do watercolor I guess. Oh well....I sure look up to Shelly. She does a great job!
Well good night. I'll check you all in the morning.

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Unread Today, 04:05 AM   #1649
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome back, Jeanette!! I knew in my heart you had to be very sick!! I continue to pray for both you and Kelly that you both will get better and stronger every day!

It is certainly soup weather here today. Today's high is supposed to be 30 degrees which it is right now. In addition to that it is to sleet and possibly snow all day. The schools have all been closed, of course. No one wants to be out on the roads with the crazies on a day like today. I, of course, will be getting out on the road with them to get to Christ's Kitchen to help prepare hot meals for the down and out in just a few minutes.

I did make my first clogging session, and I am wondering if I am going to survive it! My legs and hips hurt so bad that I only made 35 of the 45 minute session. I am so out of shape but I am not giving up yet! I'll go again on Wednesday night. It was a lot of fun!

The Christmas tree is now naked in the living room. It is 9 feet tall so I will need my son't help getting it apart and back out to the garage. All other Christmas is stored away until next year.

There is excitement at my church with a new pastor arriving on Sunday. Today I will spend my indoor time make new table decorations for the luncheon we are having to welcome him after worship on Sunday.

Kelly, I love your photos of the Order of the Arrow ceremony. Congratulation to your son on being one step closer to his Eagle Scout goal.

Susan, I have always dreamed of being a watercolorist!! I bet you don't stink!! I pretty much do even with my stamped images so I have been way to chicken to try classes!

Shelly, I am hoping Stephi made it safely back to Virginia ahead of the terrible weather. And I certainly hope you got to squeeze out some crafting time!!

Stay warm, ladies!! Tomato basil soup for lunch! All are welcome!!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Unread Today, 06:32 AM   #1650
Stazon Splitcoast

YAY! We're doing to Lynn's for soup, right after we leave Susan's! This is shaping up to be a good week! Lynn, that goes nicely with a grill cheese - nom! nom!

I'm sitting in the dr with Victoria - coloring! LOL! It's always a long wait here, she goes weekly, so I bring the laptop and markers and images and kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Lynn, wow on the clogging! It does look like hard work - but am glad you are having fun with the process! WTG on the tree - ours is GONE! Last is the outside lights and putting away all the things my daughter and fiance' did while I was away but that's but their job to clear it back up, ROFL, while I'm gone again! How sweet to welcome the new Pastor. I'm sure Jeanette has done that a time or two (or 20!)

And Jeanette, are you on the mend?

Susan, why no on the watercoloring? Was it the blending or the process or the materials? Don't be so hard on yourself! I loved the one I took (ions ago!) I'm sure you are being much to hard on yourself - and WOW on 60 chocolate holders! You are the queen of assembly!!!!!!!! Me. I'm lucky to get ONE of anything done

Big hugs all around! ♥
Unread Today, 06:45 AM   #1651

Good Morning Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Susan, based on Kelly's information, I wonder if there isn't a little bit of genius in all of us. And I hear you on the watercoloring. I think I'm a lost cause, too!

Lynn, Oh my! There's someone naked in your house??? *giggling I'm sure the tree is smiling at you. I had to smile, too, at your comment that "no one" wants to be out on the roads on a day like today.... but YOU are going out on the roads to minister to others. That is a true servant's heart!!! I hope your new pastor will settle in well/quickly and have many years of great ministry among you!

Kelly, maybe your DD and her fellow will take down the outdoor decorations and pack them away while you're on your trip. That would be very nice of them. Yes, I am feeling much much better now. Thank you! How are you feeling???

That being said, it's not been a good morning here. (I guess that means the day can only get better, right?) The pipes to the girl-bathroom shower burst. This is the second time this year. The plumber has been called.

Waving to Shelly and hoping all is well with you and yours, dear friend!

SaveSave