Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2018, 08:47 AM   #1641
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls! No worse for wear here - alas, didn't get any of Susan's yummy chicken soup! Darn! Maybe today!! I was up most of the night, kinda fretting but trying not to. My son is at Order of the Arrow - a stepping stone to Eagle Scout in where they are taken into the 'wilderness/woods' and have to figure out a lot of things, like shelter, work, minimal food and only water. It rained ALL night and they had to figure out their own shelter, with just a tarp and the trees and woods! He did take things like a knife and hatchet, etc but I just can't breath easy until I know he's okay - confirmed They get a big feast tonight at the end of the OA and then find out next week if they passed (something about a series of things they need to accomplish). I hope he does. I don't want to be up all night for the weekend, twice!

LYNN! Clogging! You go girl! That's a hoot! It looks like a blast - and I think it's perfect for you

Look at Shelly shopping! Those markers are tempting. I have a few sets of watercolor markers so I have to use what I have, not keep buying - but can't wait to see what you do with yours! I have the SU! waterbrush and love it, except it doesn't allow for teeny tiny fine points. More like full images or broad strokes?!
And I hear you on the filling up your cart!

Susan - always keeping busy! I keep my craft desk tidy - after EACH card! It's a rule I made last year. Not because I keep it clean and tidy, LOL! That's the one area I always let go - if it looks like an explosion went off in there, even after one card, so be it. But now, I have a small desk. Right off the dining room area, so I CANNOT let it be unsightly! Most friends know what I do. They've seen it, they don't care. And anyone else that it might bother, then that's what the porch is for - ROFL!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:04 PM   #1642
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Sunday night!

My son has arrived home!!! Back from Order of the Arrow - yay! He had a grueling 3 days but said he learned so much and enjoyed the process!

Shelly? Susan? Was it one of you who mentioned Winking Owl wine? My neighbor brought over 3 bottles from her party .... now I do like a glass of wine here or there but it's rare so I just said thank you and stashed them. I am remembering the name, but can't remember from whom - I think Aldi? Not sure of what it tastes like - I love me some white wine and these are red!

In just a few days, I'll be on a plane!!!! Zipping off to the snow lined streets of Wisconsin from a tropical Miami - looking quite daft wearing a parka FROM here, lol, because I refuse to check a bag ~ I"ll have layers on my layers - ROFL! I'm quite excited - a long 10 years in the making for this trip to happen! A few days but a lifetime of memories ♥ One day, we will all meet in some capacity - I'm sure

Hugs all around!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:36 AM   #1643
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Remember me? I used to hang out here. LOL!

I've read the thread - WOW! I'm completely impressed with Lynn's new activity. You go, my friend! Clogging! WOW! (I am seriously in awe!) And I say, keep up the tree.. enjoy it as long as you can!

I want a G'ma like Susan! Who will take me to Stabucks. I'm jus' sayin. DRATS though... I'm so sorry we're not going to meet IRL this trip. Someday. I'll just have to remember to pass through on some day other than Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday!

Shelly, your ESL student gave you the utmost compliment by preparing the special coffee for you! Treasured photos! And the ones of you and your girls are, too!

Kelly, congrats to your son!!! What an experience! I'm sorry about your DD's future MIL's health scare. Praying she recovers completely! Scary stuff! Are you feeling better now? I'm sorry you've been sick! I am going to check out your blog here in a bit - I'm so glad you were the GIU girl this week!!!

Ladies, it is so nice to feel missed... thank you for noticing I had disappeared. Oh if only you knew. The first day of our Alabama trip one of the fellow group members got sick - we suspect it was Influenza A. The second day I had it. (Since returning home, I've heard that 2 others have not been well either, though they think theirs is bronchitis instead). I forced myself to function - what else could I do so far from home... and I avoided contact with people (I literally sat off in the corner.)

The minute I walked in the door to my home on Monday night, I crawled into bed. And I slept... and slept... and slept. For the entire two days I had at home before flying to Texas. I was too weak to drive myself to the airport (I hadn't eaten anything since Sunday night) and my husband had a Thursday morning meeting, so he and Brock took me to a hotel near the airport on Wednesday night that had shuttle to the airport for me on Thursday morning. And off I flew to Texas for the essential training.

I am home again now (until Friday)... way too far behind to catch up. LOL! I am still weak and have a lingering cough but I'm no longer sick, which is good... and my appetite is slowly returning so I suspect my energy will return soon, too. At least that is my HOPE!

So... that explains my disappearance. I hope to never go through that again and would suggest you avoid it if at all possible, too!

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 01-15-2018, 05:15 AM   #1644
Crimping Master

Wow Kelly...Congrats to little man for making it through the 3 day process. I remember those days. My son had to do that too and his was on an extremely stormy time. I remember sitting in bed during the thunder and lightning storm...rain POURING BUCKETS and telling my dh that I want to hop in the van and go get him home and dry! LOL Dh wouldn't let me go so I stayed up all night fretting! The next day the Scouts had a family lunch planned and when we got there I was prepared with dry socks, pants, shirt and coat plus a dry pair of shoes. Though my ds rolled his eyes at me when I told him....he was soon in the van changing! LOL Sorry the soup didn't arrive..must be because of this winter storm were having.

OMG Jeanette...your sick too? Heard this wiped Kelly on her keester too. Sounds like you needed that rest when you got home. How wonderful of dh for getting you to a hotel to make travels a bit easier for you. We did miss you a ton but health is first. So many people are coming down with this cold/flu. Its horrible. Knock on wood I have not gotten that sick yet. Now make sure you take some extra vit C and get super healthy for Wisc. You too Kelly!
So Lynn did you start Clogging yet? How'd you like it? Have you played with any new cards? Boy I really need to get to those blogs. heehee...I'm behind as usual!
Shelly...thanks alot...now because you you I have waterbrushes in my Amazon cart. Just waiting for your review before I click buy. lol Hope everyone is healthy by you.

I'm still trying to come up with the perfect Birthday card and I'm not likeing the end results on the last 4. So today I'll be back to designing. And making my fabulous Spicy Dill Tomatoe soup for dinner. Nice chilly day for soup!
I'll see if I can check back in later!

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Old 01-15-2018, 05:22 AM   #1645

YUM! Susan, your soup sounds awesome! It's definitely soup kind of weather.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:35 AM   #1646
Stazon Splitcoast

Dashing through - and waving! Glad someone else popped in because it was starting to look like I was talking to myself - ROFL!

Oh. wait. I do that anyway ....

Did you know that THAT is a sign of a genius! Yep, that's a fact! So talking to myself just means ....... that I'm waiting to see that I'm a genius. Ha!

Welcome home, Jeanette.

Susan - that soup sounds divine - wow. You really are a soup connoisseur! (see ! That's a big word! Genius!) I hope you get your birthday cards done in time. This week is crunch time . So many cards to make and our schedule this week could not be any busier ... yikes!
Old 01-15-2018, 06:48 AM   #1647

Hi Kelly - or should I call you Ms. Genius? Thanks for the welcome home!

Old 01-15-2018, 06:34 PM   #1648
Crimping Master

Genius? Wow I didn't know that! I must be a genius too then. I like that alot better then thinking no one listens to me...lol

Did not get the perfect card done yet instead cut out 6o chocolate holders (kind of like my snowman I made with envelope punch board) for the kids to put together as valentines for school. Yep I'm a "CRAZY" Genius!!! heeheehee I cut, Bryce punched and Tori stamped and signed. Now they need assembly.

Took a watercolor card class tonight and guess what??? I STINK at it!! OMG only used 2 colors so I thought "How hard can this be"? Well hard enough to decide I cannot watercolor. This is not the same as watercoloring a stamped image. That I can do but start with a blank piece and well.........pffft. I do so much better with acrylics. Just can't do watercolor I guess. Oh well....I sure look up to Shelly. She does a great job!
Well good night. I'll check you all in the morning.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:05 AM   #1649
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome back, Jeanette!! I knew in my heart you had to be very sick!! I continue to pray for both you and Kelly that you both will get better and stronger every day!

It is certainly soup weather here today. Today's high is supposed to be 30 degrees which it is right now. In addition to that it is to sleet and possibly snow all day. The schools have all been closed, of course. No one wants to be out on the roads with the crazies on a day like today. I, of course, will be getting out on the road with them to get to Christ's Kitchen to help prepare hot meals for the down and out in just a few minutes.

I did make my first clogging session, and I am wondering if I am going to survive it! My legs and hips hurt so bad that I only made 35 of the 45 minute session. I am so out of shape but I am not giving up yet! I'll go again on Wednesday night. It was a lot of fun!

The Christmas tree is now naked in the living room. It is 9 feet tall so I will need my son't help getting it apart and back out to the garage. All other Christmas is stored away until next year.

There is excitement at my church with a new pastor arriving on Sunday. Today I will spend my indoor time make new table decorations for the luncheon we are having to welcome him after worship on Sunday.

Kelly, I love your photos of the Order of the Arrow ceremony. Congratulation to your son on being one step closer to his Eagle Scout goal.

Susan, I have always dreamed of being a watercolorist!! I bet you don't stink!! I pretty much do even with my stamped images so I have been way to chicken to try classes!

Shelly, I am hoping Stephi made it safely back to Virginia ahead of the terrible weather. And I certainly hope you got to squeeze out some crafting time!!

Stay warm, ladies!! Tomato basil soup for lunch! All are welcome!!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 01-16-2018, 05:32 AM   #1650
Stazon Splitcoast

YAY! We're doing to Lynn's for soup, right after we leave Susan's! This is shaping up to be a good week! Lynn, that goes nicely with a grill cheese - nom! nom!

I'm sitting in the dr with Victoria - coloring! LOL! It's always a long wait here, she goes weekly, so I bring the laptop and markers and images and kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Lynn, wow on the clogging! It does look like hard work - but am glad you are having fun with the process! WTG on the tree - ours is GONE! Last is the outside lights and putting away all the things my daughter and fiance' did while I was away but that's but their job to clear it back up, ROFL, while I'm gone again! How sweet to welcome the new Pastor. I'm sure Jeanette has done that a time or two (or 20!)

And Jeanette, are you on the mend?

Susan, why no on the watercoloring? Was it the blending or the process or the materials? Don't be so hard on yourself! I loved the one I took (ions ago!) I'm sure you are being much to hard on yourself - and WOW on 60 chocolate holders! You are the queen of assembly!!!!!!!! Me. I'm lucky to get ONE of anything done

Big hugs all around! ♥
Old 01-16-2018, 05:45 AM   #1651

Susan, based on Kelly's information, I wonder if there isn't a little bit of genius in all of us. And I hear you on the watercoloring. I think I'm a lost cause, too!

Lynn, Oh my! There's someone naked in your house??? *giggling I'm sure the tree is smiling at you. I had to smile, too, at your comment that "no one" wants to be out on the roads on a day like today.... but YOU are going out on the roads to minister to others. That is a true servant's heart!!! I hope your new pastor will settle in well/quickly and have many years of great ministry among you!

Kelly, maybe your DD and her fellow will take down the outdoor decorations and pack them away while you're on your trip. That would be very nice of them. Yes, I am feeling much much better now. Thank you! How are you feeling???

That being said, it's not been a good morning here. (I guess that means the day can only get better, right?) The pipes to the girl-bathroom shower burst. This is the second time this year. The plumber has been called.

Waving to Shelly and hoping all is well with you and yours, dear friend!

SaveSave

Old 01-16-2018, 10:08 PM   #1652
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Boy- Jeanette it sounds as if you have been through the ringer! Wow that you went on your trip when you had not been nourished for days! Hope you are back to yourself ASAP!

Lynn- your naked tree would match my tree for the entire season- we had not just 1 but 2 ornaments on the tree. My husband was just shaking his head, but- clean up was a breeze! LOL What will you prepare for the new pastor luncheon? For the tables I mean : )

Susan- your soup- Mmmmmmm! You wear me out just reading what you are up to! I have to admit- I hated watercolor the first 2 sessions, but we switched teachers. The one we have now does not just demo and expect you to paint, she teaches! I have learned so much from her. Look up Negative Painting- my favorite so far!

Kelly- so awesome that your daughter will put your decorations away! You have those kids so well trained and how sweet of her to help out! And, you rocked the GIU week! I am a little nervous for that week, but am going to just be myself....! Which is all over the place- techniques baby!

I was able to use the Arteza watercolor pens today and was pleased- and the price is right.... I blogged about them and a color chart. I saw a set on Amazon 24 for $15.00 yesterday, so sent some to my brothers kids. Yep Susan, you can push that purchase button IF you are wanting to give watercolor another chance! I watched a number of You Tube video's and got some great ideas on how to use the waterbrush pens. If you are using them to just color, just make sure you are using the right paper : )

Stephi made it back and in record time- even took a wrong exit that prolonged her trip. Whew.

Hope everyone is staying warm - it was not bad here today- snow but warmer than yesterday- yesterday we had a bone chilling cold and wind here. We had TONS of birds in the backyard yesterday- cardinal pair, woodpeckers, finches, winterbirds, junco;s, chickadees, warblers...and a hawk too. Crazy how all of the birds go into hiding when the hawks come around!

Off to bed- up late again!
Shelly
Old 01-17-2018, 04:19 AM   #1653

Shelly, I'm so glad Steph made it home safely! (BTW, I ordered those watercolor markers, too - they are to arrive today.)

Old 01-17-2018, 05:38 AM   #1654
Stazon Splitcoast

Just enough time to stop in and say hello and goodbye (for now!) In less than 24 hours, I'll be flying all the way to Wisconsin! Barb will pick up Carol, Darlene and I at the airport as well and a whole lot of Shenanigans will ensue! I mean, crafting ........ our other friends drive up on Saturday for Stamp Camp. Good times ♥

Dh asked for me to write out a schedule of who needs to be where and when and how and I did - and then he said "are you serious?" LOL!
Then he called his boss and took TH/FR/MO off from work

I'll see you all on Tuesday! Have a blessed week/end!
Old 01-17-2018, 03:49 PM   #1655
Crimping Master

So Kelly….are you all packed and healthy for your trip? Better be a good scout and be prepared! It's cold up here. Though a heat wave is coming (you must bebringing it from Fl.) The weekend issupposed to be in the upper 30"s. Have a fantastic time.
Jeanette now as for you….are you packed?? Healthy?? I'm so jealous that you're meeting up with Kelly. I'm also so bummed that I couldn't swingit. Enjoy yourselves and when you meetup with Kelly and give her a hug shout HI SUSAN and I'll feel the love! Lol
Now as for watercoloring…..no Kelly I don't think I'm toohard on myself I just know when something looks like "GAK"heehee. Jeanette you and Lynn both sayyour loss causes but I've seen your coloring and both of you are reallygood. Haven't you guys noticed that mostof my cards are paper crafted. Rarelyany coloring on my part because I STINK at it. I will admit that I do have an eye for taking ugly papers and turningthem into something pretty but it required NO coloring on my part! But you 4 ladies are great colorist and weall can agree that Shelly is a wonderful watercolor Artist!
Lynn how's the clogging going? By now I think you've had your secondclass. Boy its hard running aftergrandkids…I can't even imagine clogging! Great minds think alike….you with tomato basil and me with spicy tomatodill.

Shelly….I might give watercolor classes a second chance butI'm not sure. To add to your bird story. We get a lot of birds in our yard since wehave a lot of feeders and a heated birdbath. Anyway yesterday we were watching a Cooper Hawk standing on one of mydecorative posts near some bushes where a lot of the sparrows like tohide. He jumped to the ground..circledthe bush…then BAM!! Went after his prey. Thank goodness he missed or I would have been quite sad even though Iknow it's the circle of life. With ourhouse being nestled in the woods we get a lot of wild life. Raccoons, squirrelsand my favorite the deer. I always looksforward to the beginning of June when the fawns are born. So awesome watching them frolic around. They are so curious too. The grandkids have had the pleasure of havingthem come close enough to toss an apple to them.

Still no birthday card here…..Ugh..this is taking meforever. Hard part is that she is acardmaker too and those are the people I have a need to impress and if it's notperfect I'm not happy. So I'll work onit some more tomorrow and hopefully get something completed that I like. I have at least decided that I will be doingthe napkin fold card and I'll be using deep maroon for the base….now how tofinish it??? Lol

Have a great evening and safe travels dear Kelly!

Old 01-18-2018, 02:39 AM   #1656

YAY! Tomorrow is the day! I'm traveling - on a very special trip! I'm going to Wisconsin to crash the party! Fun stuff!!! I'll actually be gone a week - a couple of days at stamp-camp in Wisconsin, a couple of days with my DS (who lives about an hour from there), and then 3 days at the Midwest Leadership Summit in my state.

Kelly, safe travels today! I can't wait until tomorrow!

Susan, I will definitely give Kelly you're hug - we'll smoosh you between us! And I'm definitely looking forward to meeting you someday, too!

If I don't pop one here again later today, I'll see you next Friday! Have a GREAT week!!!

Old 01-18-2018, 03:52 AM   #1657
Crimping Master

Ughhhh....A whole week Jeanette without your vim and vigor? How will we survive girls? It will be up to me Shelly and Lynn to keep on talking! Safe travels to you too Jeanette.

Dr appt today...man I always dread going and this is for nothing more than a med check. Guess he wants to make sure I'm still taking stuff. lol Nothing serious...a little tyroid issue (I dip just under normal...figures! That's me! A Bit Under Normal! heehee) Migraine meds as needed and allergys. Stinks getting old!

I'll check back later.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:10 AM   #1658

Susan, tell the doctor to go easy on you but to take good care of you, too... you have an important job to do! (you and Shelly and Lynn have to keep this thread lively!)

Old 01-18-2018, 05:13 AM   #1659
Proud Fan Club Member

Have stamps, will travel!! I know you all are going to have an amazing time in Wisconsin, Jeanette and Kelly!! Have you got some heated gloves so your fingers won't freeze and pop off? That could really put a cramp in your crafting!!

I realized last night about 10 p.m. that I had forgotten to go to clogging at 4. A slacker, already!! Hopefully they won't kick me out. I will fall at their feet and beg forgiveness. I do want to give it a little more time to see if I can do it.

Hope that perfect birthday card is about ready, Susan!! You know, belated would not be perfect!! My table decorations are all finished and set up. They are pines, pinecones, burlap, doily, and a framed scripture with a cross and pines on it. It looks quite masculine for the new minister, I believe! I don't know what I am cooking just yet. Maybe a chicken spaghetti casserole.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:44 AM   #1660
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi!

I am dropping in to say hello- busy day again- time passes so quickly with higher age.....not 60 yet : ) LOL (For me anyway, wasn't it just summer here? LOL)

Ray is getting around without crutches or a boot. He is motivated- baseball starts in 3 months!

My Sister came yesterday and took mom out for the afternoon. I went to Watercolor class- I love the class pic and if mine looks anything like it is supposed to, I will share it next week.

Safe travels to our traveling sisters- Kelly, I really hope you just LOVE the snow and cold : ) Jeanette- have a great week away- you will be missed here. I will try harder to keep up with the thread!

Have a great day
Shelly
Old 01-21-2018, 10:05 PM   #1661
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hello! Just checking in before the new week starts!

I crashed the Wisconsin party on Thursday! I was not invited, so when I heard about all of the festivities, and saw I had nothing going on Thursday I sent a note to the organizer and she said, "Come on up!!!"

I drove up (mom came as well) and went to Gina K's store. I had a bit of time to shop first- and then the group arrived. I had never met any of them IRL. Wahoo!!!

Kelly playing in the snow. The snow was not packing snow- so no snowball fight- hehehe.

A group pic in Gina K's

Lt>Rt
Shelly, Kelly, Darlene, Carol, Barb and Tracie

Unfortunately, I did not get to meet Jeanette- she was driving up on Friday.

I am fighting off a cold vs a sinus infection. Hoping it is gone tomorrow!
We are going to lunch tomorrow with my piano teacher and another friend (that decided to take lessons as well), we talk so much at piano, we decided to catch up outside of piano...... : )
Then have a wake about an hour away- one of our friends from college- his dad died.

Lynn, your clogging sounds like fun! I do not think I could do it though- with my back and all The back has really been acting up- not sure why.
Hope you got a pic of your table decorations.

Susan, what are you up to? Are you staying out of trouble? Did you get your card you were working on done? Everyone staying well at your house? Hope your doc appt went well!

Shelly
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:38 AM   #1662
Crimping Master

Oooooo Shelly....I am soooo jealous of your party crashing! I so wanted to go but my family poo pooed the idea of me driving to a city I'm not familiar with to meet people I have never met. Sometimes I think they are way too protective. But you got to go How wonderful!!! Now I'm going to be a pity party! lol What a wonderful pic of you guys! Everyone is healthy here thank goodness. Dr gave me a clean semi bill of health. I say semi because it wasn't a yearly physical it was just a med check.

Cards are almost done. OMG I have thrown out so many that I just absolutely hated. I searched for hours on Pinterest...nothing sparked my interest. I did decide to do a napkin fold card and an envelope fold card...got papers on them and now just a bit stumped as to how to finish. My first card was actually needed last thursday but lucky for me our gathering was moved to this coming Sunday (tho now we are celebrating 2 birthdays) so I got a reprive. heehee

Lynn had to laugh....second clog class and you missed it! ROTFL! Hope youu don't miss the next one.

Jeanette....Kelly....HI GIRLS!!! Hope your still having fun. Miss you

Old 01-22-2018, 07:19 AM   #1663
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the fabulous pictures, Shelly!! I am so jealous!! How exciting to visit and spend time with long-time cyber friends!! I have done it on numerous occasions, and it is always just like reconnecting with an old friend you have known all your life!! I do believe I have more in common with my crafting cyber friends than I do with my real life friends!! My local friends' eyes seem to glaze over when I talk crafting but that never happens with SCSers!! Susan, next time I will swing by your house and pick you up so we can crash the party, too!!! Your family just doesn't seem to understand crafters!! We can't let Jeanette, Kelly, and Shelly have ALL the fun!!

I apologized to my clogging instructor and she said "no one" showed up because of the freezing rain. All is forgiven and I will try again on Wednesday!

Here is what the table pieces looked like:

Old 01-23-2018, 04:26 AM   #1664
Crimping Master

Lynn....I'll be waiting for your arrival. You are right we cannot let the other 3 have all the fun!! What a beautiful centerpiece! I love it! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure It made the place feel warm and comfy. Just what a new minister needs to feel welcome.

Shelly I hope your feeling better. So how was the Gina K store? I've never been. I think that is where Jeanette wanted to go too when she got up there. Not sure if she made it before it closed for the day.

Kelly are you home yet? I'm sure you made a TON of memories! You seem like such an energizer bunny that I can't even imagine the giddy peppiness you were probably in. Did you survive without a Starbucks? I'm sure it would have been difficult seeing how you didn't have a car.

Jeanette I know you had fun and please becareful on the drive home. Theres some of that nasty lake effect snow in the area you will be driving through for a short period before you jet out westwardly. Please let us know when your safe and sound.

With yesterday being family dinner night I didn't have much time during the day for carding. Little Claire Bear has an ear infection and wanted alot of cuddle time with Ama as we watched Elmo and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...over and over and over...lol Maybe today I'll get something finished. I've made quite a few bases but no embellishments on any. LOL

Enjoy the day with whatever you all intend to do.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:59 AM   #1665
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Susan, and any of our crafty nomads who may be back home! Sure hope sweet Clair Bear is feeling better. How could she not be after a day in Ama's arms ODing on Elmo and Mickey!?

I really need to spend to day building up my card stash with sympathy and encouragement cards I can use for church members and friends. I plan today to focus on some generic designs that I can slap a needed sentiment on at the last minute.

I have until noon when I have to go to my book study and then this evening clogging, of course! Hope I survive.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:28 AM   #1666
Crimping Master

I need to up my cards too. I generally have a slew of OSW cards for those last minute uses but I am really low. I use OSW's because they are super fast but I have a catagory on my Pineterest just called Scrap Cards with quicky ideas for all those scraps we accumulate so I might just browse throught those. Claire seems to be felling mush better after her nap yesterday but today Tori (the 9.5 yr old) is puking and........well.....maybe you can envision what I was going to say next. Yep she's a mess so DIL is staying home with her and DIL's mom will be bringing me Claire. OMG I sure hope that flu stays away from me. We have certian Schools closed due to excess nbr of students absent. Its crazy.

I was gigling Lynn as you mentioned your clogging....You can do it girl!!! I can't but You can...heeheehee. What book are you reading this time? I need some reading time.

Waving to all....what are you up to? Shelly are you better? Hope so

Old 01-24-2018, 05:14 AM   #1667
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello dear friends!

I'm back! Such a fun, FUN time with the gal pals! I have to say, Barb is one of the best hostesses around - she has it down to an art! Such a warm, loving lady and to open her HUGE home to all of us, and made a latte to remember! The second I got off the plane, there was an entourage of friends, all smiling and hugging! Terri (another long time friend) met us there as a surprise! We had such a great time, and shopped, stamped, laughed, and me - just me - went on a walk-about the first morning because the little snow that was there on the ground was nearly gone. I HAD to play in it!

What a wonderful trip, though my family missed me terribly!! Such a wonderful greeting when I got home, late Monday night and dinner was cooked and ready (by my daughter!)

HUGE and WONDERFUL surprise to meet Shelly! That was amazing! Walking into Gina K's and I spotted her and though "wow! She looks just like Shelly!" Doppleganger! And it was her! Such a sweet and lovely friend - and her mom is a gem!! (in the picture above, the last lady is Terri, not Tracie!) Jeanette arrived a little later into the trip and it was so nice to *see* one of my besties in real life!

It wasn't snowing the entire time I was there, and the snow was melting for the most part - I did get to see some, though there was a lot of grass Guess I brought the sunshine with me, hee hee! And as soon as I left, it snowed!! Like a lot! A little is better than none

Stamp camp was a blast ~ Sarah, the SU leader that set it up with Barb, is so hilarious! Very entertaining! We made a lot of cards and then had a lovely watercolor class back at Barb's house. I learned what little talent I have, ROFL!
We were sad that one friend, Carol, had to leave a day early due to the snow storm coming in - that ended up not - but it's better to be cautious.

Funny, TSA picked me for 'inspection' leaving Wisconsin which was so annoying - my suitcase showed a bunch of 'blocks' (and hello, ticket says heading to Miami, lol) and they pulled it apart. She saw all of my Whipper Snapper stamps and SU! stamps in the clamshell from the rummage sale, LOL!!! She was even trying to pull the rubber off the wooden block! Then said you can put this all back now - whhhhhaaat? I had it packed perfectly!

I got 3 new Starbucks City Mugs at the airports! Texas, Maryland and Philadelphia! YAY! My collection grows!

I'm missing a lot, I'm sure, but here's a few pictures!

LUnch one day out - YUMMY fish sandwich!! Barb, Carol, me and Darlene!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 01-24-2018 at 05:29 AM..
Old 01-24-2018, 05:21 AM   #1668
Stazon Splitcoast

And this is Jeanette, Barb and I - all on the TPB DT, I promised our boss we'd take a picture together and as you can see, not very seriously ........ LOL!!

ANd more snow, including a cardinal!

Old 01-24-2018, 05:39 AM   #1669
Crimping Master

Such an exciting post Kelly!!! I am so glad you had a wonderful time (jealous but glad). I so wish I was there. Next time I really want to meet up!!! Ireally want to meet my cyber BFF's you four ladies are awesome and I just want to hug you all. Of course you were missed at home....households don't operate the same when the main Chicken leaves the coop...lol

Old 01-24-2018, 05:40 AM   #1670
Crimping Master

Roosters ****-a-doodle-do more when the Hen is doing most the work! heeheehee

Old 01-24-2018, 05:45 AM   #1671
Stazon Splitcoast

And us at Gina K store! It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeanette wasn't here yet - she arrived the next day

Old 01-25-2018, 05:29 AM   #1672
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Kelly, for sharing these fabulous photos!! I bet you flew right over my house on your way through Dallas!!

It makes me so happy that you all were able to meet up and spend some quality time together!!

I bet you arrived home to a much greater appreciation for all that you do on a day to day basis, as well!!!

I hope the healthy bug has been able to latch on to all my JP&I gals and those you love. So far, knock on wood, I have been able to avoid all the nastiness going around my neck of the woods!! My mom has been down with a cold, but seems to be on the mend now.

Clogging lesson #2 went just about the same as clogging lesson #1. My hips and back gave out before the music did! But I am not giving up! Onward and upward! I can do about 30 minutes of the 45 minute session!

I am off this morning to my monthly breakfast with friends meeting. Then it is off to shop the winter clearance sales at Dillards.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #1673
Crimping Master

LOL Lynn you are doing 30 minutes longer then I'll probably EVER do so Clog On! I'm so proud of you for giving it a try. Guess I'm just too lazy heeheehee. Hope you found some wonderful deals at Dillards.

I hit Hobby Lobby today. Needed to get another glue gun for the gifts I have to give on Sunday. Laughing at myself for the gifts are nearly completed but I'm still struggling with the cards. They WILL be done by tomorrow. They have to as I have a birthday party for a 2yr old on saturday to go to. Its about an hour away for 2 hours will be scratched off my day just for driving. Then Sunday is the celebration of 2 of my lady friends birthdays. So the glue gun holders are done and I need to work on those cards. I wanted to add some shimmer to the flowers I want to use. Thought of Wink of Stella but saw a tutorial where you use this irredesicient medium forund in the art department and you can make your own winlk of stella. So I went to Hobby Lobby...got some...and now I may play with that this afternoon. I bought a can of krylon shimmer spray as a back up though lol. You know......you need a back up!
Well waving hi to all...talk later

Old 01-25-2018, 12:46 PM   #1674
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello friends!

Yes, I waved at you, Lynn! DFW was a fun airport - very easy to navigate, although the shuttle bus driver thought he was at NASCAR! Oh my word, I nearly flew backwards around a corner! I'm so happy you are enjoying clogging! I remember Dillards but we don't have one - we have Kohls. BUT, I did run into Hobby Lobby for glue and the entire store is on sale!!! Like MAJOR sale! I brought back soooooo many stamps from the trip - all wooden, My fave!, that I had to resist

Sorry we missed you Susan! Sadly, this trip won't happen again for me for a long time so I'll just have to wave at your from down here!

I love my wink of stella - in fact, I just got a second one at Camp Stamp and she mixed it with alcohol (70%) I believe which you have right at home and added it to a spray bottle and it makes a beautiful shimmer spray!

Off to scouts - mama's back, LOL!!!
Old 01-25-2018, 01:31 PM   #1675
Proud Fan Club Member

I have been reading that Hobby Lobby is getting rid of all their wood mount stamps at 75% off. So far they haven't gone on sale here.

And, yes, I did pretty good at Dillards. May go back in a minute for a purse I was eyeing!

Old 01-26-2018, 05:00 AM   #1676

Lynn, the centerpiece is gorgeous! What a beautiful way to help welcome your new pastor! Way to go on the clogging, too... it looks like way too much work to me. LOL!

Susan, we missed you so much! I really REALLY had hoped we'd get to meet on this trip, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. Some day... dreams will come true! I did make it to the Gina K store (bought some paper and a stamp set) and to Creative Pals (the home of Whipper Snapper stamps) where I bought some stamps. Then I headed to meet up with my stamping friends! Oh what fun!!!

Shelly, I am so glad you got to go meet the others... just wish I could have been there too. Shucks!

Kelly, all of your photos make me smile all over again! Love the memories you captured. And WOW! The opportunity to meet you was incredible! I'm still pinching myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. You are an amazing woman!!! So glad to call you my friend!

After my time with Kelly/and crew I spent a couple of days with my DS before heading back to my state for a 3-day conference. It snowed that night - a lot - even the schools were canceled - but the roads were clear when I got to the interstate, so it was only the first 15 miles or so that I had to deal with snow/ice. Kelly, it was absolutely gorgeous!!! I thought of you. The snow was heavy and wet and clung to the trees/bushes. A winter wonderland!

Brock and DH met me at the conference so we've had a good few days together. We got home last night and I managed to unpack my car full of stuff before crawling into bed. LOL! Today I will climb Mt. Laundry! Tomorrow we'll pack DH's stuff for his trip to the Dominican Republic. Life is never - ever - boring.

And in 9 days the day before my DH returns from the Dominican) I leave on my next trip (2-days). We've had to make arrangements for someone to stay with Brock - which we never do - but this one snuck up on us. We didn't have the dates of my Board meetings when DH scheduled his trip to the Dominican and my board meetings are mandatory attendance or you get removed from the board. I sure hope it all goes well.

SaveSave

Old 01-26-2018, 10:33 AM   #1677
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Fri-YAY! I got my son to school this am with a huge diorama he's been working on (all I could see in my head was Diary of a Wimpy Kid and him tripping and ruining that entire set he's worked on for a month!) He did a set from a scene in romeo and juliette - modern day. His Romeo is playing the Xbox and talking and texting on a cellphone - ROFL!

Then to college to drop off my daughter, then a couple of stores - picked up some dies on clearance at Hobby Lobby and back home briefly to walk dogs, throw in laundry and plan dinner - for all of us and the boyfriend/fiances, so 2 extras! Our entire HL was on ridiculous clearances and I picked up a bunch of dies and one Tim Holtz I wanted for awhile - left a ton of stamps behind (still need to figure out where I will put over 10 new wooden Whipper Snappers from my trip to Creative Pals in Wisconsin!)

Tomorrow is a Boy Scout ceremony in Ft. Lauderdale ~which is quite a drive - so we'll have lunch and shop while we are up there, too.

Welcome home, Jeanette!

Lynn, did you go back for your purse?!
Old 01-26-2018, 04:06 PM   #1678
Crimping Master

Lynn my Hobby Lobby did not have stamps at 75% maybe they're behind. Sounds like Kelly got some great deals though. My trip to Hobby Lobby was a costly one. I got some spray glitter and some (3) glitter paint and a glue gun for the holder plus 3 spools ribbon and I was at $60. Maybe I don't know how to shop...lol. So did you get a new purse? I am a "Purse-aholic" LOVE THEM and can NEVER have too many. DH rolls his eyes everytime I say I want a new one. He thinks I should just use the one of probably 50 in the closet. Just doesn't get that I have the beginning of spring purse, Spring purse, beginning of Summer purse, summer purse, 4th of july purse and so on and so on. Then you have to have the slew of fanny packs for various craft shows and the crossovers for flea markets...lol Kelly and Jeanette I so glad you guys enjoyed your time. Yes Jeanette our day will come for sure. and Kelly you just jumped right back into the energizer bunny. You sure amaze me with al you can cram into a day. Loved your pics if I haven't told you that yet.
Hi Shelly.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:09 PM   #1679
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Jeanette! It is great to see you back home even if it is only for a little while! I did laundry all day today, too!

Yes, Kelly and Susan, I got the purse! I told myself if it was still there when I returned then it was meant to be. There it sat -- all alone on the shelf! So now it is mine!

My Hobby Lobby also did not have stamps at 75%. I hate to see them reduce the paper crafting section even smaller than it already is, but it sounds like that is just what they plan to do.

Hope Shelly is doing well!!

Old 01-26-2018, 10:07 PM   #1680
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Popping in to say hello! We have had a busy week, and look forward to the weekend- no big plans : ) I have cards to get done and next month's ATC theme is collage- that is a hard one for me to tackle......

The watercolor project is also interesting- a Zebra, but the teacher has chosen complimentary colors with a neutral for them in the center- so colorful Zebras..... We do not have to do her project, but I want to learn the lessons- maybe one day when I have improved a bit....(clearing throat)!

I also want to try foiling again- got some background papers at Gina K to foil- Barb gave me a tip to really warm up the laminator before trying it.

Have a great weekend all! Jeanette, hope you get the mountain down to a foothill : ) I know, shucks- missed meeting you by hours! Hoping plans for Brock work out well.

Susan- hope you get pictures. I love Iridescent medium- it is so fun to create with and mix with reinkers, etc..... I am staying away from craft stores- I spent my craft allowance for a few months in Wisconsin..... (I just loved shopping there- great stores)! SO sorry to hear Hobby Lobby is cutting down on its craft section..... Michaels too I hear.... Its hard to keep up with Amazon.

Lynn, glad you treated yourself to that purse. I miss Dillards! We used to shop there when we visited my Mom & Dad in Ky - they had the best sales!!!

Kelly- I can imagine that diorama in your back seat! Enjoy your family time- you are fortunate : ) I frequently offered for Ray to stay home and run the kids around and I would work full time, but he declined every single time....LOL

Shelly