Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #5441
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello - quick wave as momma dries off Alice from her romping in the sprinkler in the pool while I attempt to start dinner!

It has been like Sahara desert hot here and absolutely miserable!

Shelly,I absolutely adore your card you made for my VSN challenge!
thank you so much! You made my heart smile!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-28-2020, 05:49 AM   #5442
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, I had grand intentions on VSN but seemed to hit a wall after completing the first three and didn't get anymore done. Somehow got hooked on Homestead Rescue and binge watched it all day Saturday. I haven't even looked in on the cards or the rest of the challenges. I bet you made some awesome cards!

Have you seen or heard of it, Jeanette? Martin Raney of Alaska is the star and he travels with his son and daughter all over the US helping people who are living off the grid.

Kelly, we have been having some cooling rain here for the last few days which sure helps with the heat. Our governor closed down the bars again with the numbers headed up still. I am struggling with keeping my dad in. He has started back at the museum 2 days a week, which he knows I don't approve of. I'll probably be ugly and give him the, "Well, you know if you catch it, you will be in the hospital alone and we probably will never see you again" speech. I don't expect it will have the results I want.

Thinking of and praying for Susan, Nick, and Jim! Hoping for a bright and positive day for them all!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 06-28-2020, 01:51 PM   #5443
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hello Ladies... I know it's Sunday and I'm not usually on SCS on Sundays but I wanted to send you an update from Susan... so check your inboxes.

Kelly, I hope you are finding ways to stay cool! Are you getting any of the Sahara Dust?

Lynn, I've not heard of it. Truthfully, I am so out of touch with anything on TV, since I gave up TV in 1999. Obviously everything has changed since then.

Shelly, how are things going with you?

Hugs for all!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:52 AM   #5444

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-29-2020, 04:20 AM   #5445
Proud Fan Club Member

Loved the uplifting update, Jeanette! You're the best! Continued prayers for Nick and Susan!

Old 06-29-2020, 04:24 AM   #5446

Good Morning Lynn... thanks! I was happy there was good news to share. I know we're all praying for even better news each update!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-29-2020, 07:42 AM   #5447
Proud Fan Club Member

I am determined to get you three JP&I girls' challenges done for VSN today!! I got yours done this morning, Jeanette, and am moving on to Kelly's and Shelly's!!

Old 06-29-2020, 11:25 AM   #5448
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday!

Ugh - just did a whole blog post and it went POOF right at the very last sentence. That's the 3rd time it's happened and I LOVE LOVE LOVE My new laptop (from Santa, lol, just got it out of the box this month!) and read the manual - but not sure why it is doing that. There must be something my hand hits - will have to get to stepping and see the why!

Jeanette, thanks for the updates! I'm happy there is happy news!

Lynn, I do know the show - but tend not to watch a lot of tv. I only sit with my daughters when they ask me (we binge watched an entire season of Alone once - a great reminder why I. don't. go. camping!) If I have free time (snort!), I'm reading. I just got the new Chanel Cleeton box and am anxious to read it! But it sits 񼱦…..
due to a little person in my house name Alice!

Can we say PLAY TIME!!!

Still no glasses here - my broken purple glasses were to be fixed, they finally opened, I went down to the place with a 1" opening of the door to hand them over and they called and said sorry! no more purple! I didn't chose purple to begin with - Alice did, LOL I had a tannish brown and she wouldn't even look at me so purple it was - now they only have PINK! no. no. NO. I'm not sure what I will do now 񼱦 except wait until they open and choose again, I s'pose.

Lynn, sorry about your dad - my mom is the same. she will NOT stay home and I'm done being stern with her or telling her to stay home. She won't. So I pray.

Florida, like Texas, is shutting back down - all bars and non essentials and the beaches are only allowed to have max 50 people - now I heard they are closed again, so I'm not sure!

Waving to Shelly!
Old 06-29-2020, 08:30 PM   #5449
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

So much for the theory or hope that Covid would go away with the warmer weather!

Waving hello! Finally started PT today- my pelvis is all tilted in crazy ways, and it has been 3 months since the accident- but,...... I am motivated!!!

Grocery shopping today. I am trying to eat more fish and less beef, so while waiting for PT, found a Shrimp Tacos recipe- looked yummy, so had to go back to another grocery store (needed non-dairy Yogurt/Sour Cream.,,) YUMMMMMM!!! I will make this again, Quick and easy!!!!!!!!!!! and delicious!

The Teapot Tuesday challenge today is mine! Hope you can stop by!!!

I still have 9 VSN challenges to go...I will do this! LOL

Waving madly= HELLO!

Shelly
Summer Playlist VSN - June 26 & 27
Old 06-30-2020, 03:10 AM   #5450

Just rushing through on this stormy morning to say...

Lynn, I loved your card! Thanks for participating in my VSN Challenge! I haven't snooped around yet, I am guessing you got the other two made, too. YAY!

Kelly, that little person at your house is just so sweet and adorable, it's understandable the book sits and waits.

Shelly, I have never tried fish tacos (the idea sounds off to me - LOL!) but you had me at shrimp. I love shrimp! Hmmmm... easy, delicious. I might what that recipe.

I didn't hear from Susan yesterday. Hopefully we'll have an update today.

Hugs, my friends - and prayers for all of you and yours to stay safe and healthy!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-30-2020, 05:39 AM   #5451
Proud Fan Club Member

No, Jeanette, I didn't get to Kelly and Shelly's challenges. Dealing with a sick dog again. Calleigh is having trouble finding a food she can digest properly. Yesterday was rough and last night rougher. Back to the vet she goes today.

Shelly, looks like I will owe you two cards now! I'll check out the MMTPT for today and get on it. The dog's appointment isn't until 2:30 so I should be able to get both of them done and posted before then. Hoping the physical therapy does the trick and your pain will be relieved. I am also eating a lot of fish these days. The shrimp tacos sound awesome!

Kelly, yellow polka dots are on track for this morning, as well! Less people out again around here and almost all are wearing masks finally, thank goodness. It is time for my sunrise trip to the beach on my husband's birthday this Friday. My son called to ask me about my plans. I am going to the place I went last year. Not a beach in the traditional sense where people gather. More just a bay front within 30 minutes of my house with a fisherman or two.

Wishing you all a good day! You are all in my prayers with a double dose for Nick and Susan!

Old 06-30-2020, 06:21 AM   #5452

Oh no... I'm sorry to hear Calleigh is having problems. I hope the vet can figure out a good solution for her!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-30-2020, 06:33 AM   #5453
Proud Fan Club Member

Me, too, Jeanette!

Just saw your Teapot Challenge, Shelly! I don't have anything I can use for that! Sure wish I did! The cards the teapotters have made are beautiful!!

Off to stamp the polka dots and the crescendo challenges!

Old 06-30-2020, 07:51 AM   #5454
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, friends - running through the threads!

Aw, Lynn - I'm sorry Calleigh has to get to the vet and I hope the rest of the day , and yours, is restful!

I look forward to your polka dot bikini - but no worries. I didn't get to all of them either - but am still drooling over the ones that did play in mine - all so very unique! I LOVE the directions people take a theme and go in!

Shelly - I peeked at the Teapotters but don't think I'll be able to play along - I'm sorry!

Waving to all and sending hugs to Susan!
Old 06-30-2020, 07:53 PM   #5455
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Waving hello!

VSN was fun and I still have 9 challenges to go : )

Lynn, sorry to hear the pup is having issues- hope that is resolved quickly! The Crescendo is not too hard- once you just do it! Hope you have fun with the challenges you do get to!

Kelly- no worries! Hope all is well with you and your crew! It is so hot and humid here, I am staying inside- bet it is 3 xs hotter there!

Susan- keeping you and your clan in prayers!

Jeanette- the recipe was absolutely delicious and not really too difficult! Just chopping -green onion, cilantro and cabbage- was delicious!

I sent the day indoors, cooking and cleaning! Made hubby a Pork roast in the crock pot (I am allergic to pork, so cannot partake), and made a batch of Chicken tortilla soup too- yummy!

Prepping a bedroom for painting, so working on picking color and getting it taped up.
Also, finished prednisone and started PT for hip- I am faithful it will make me feel better- OT is really a good one!

Hugs to all!
Shelly
Old 07-01-2020, 03:13 AM   #5456

Hello Paper-Loving InkyFriends!

Lynn, how is Calleigh doing since her appointment. I hope it was helpful!

Kelly, I love your theme - we'll see if I get to it. Sheesh! Who am I kidding??? We have company coming Friday - Monday... so excited! BUT that means I may not get to any of the challenges.

Shelly, way to go! Only 9 more... you can do it! Hmmm... can you please share the recipe. I searched, but wasn't very successful.

Thinking good thoughts for Nick and Susan and DH!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-01-2020, 04:38 AM   #5457
Mad Swapper

Hello!!!! I'm back!!
Nick was brought home last night. Boy Hospt. are slow to release. He seems to be doing ok. A bit of a challenge to move him around with a drain tube but we will get use to it I'm sure. Now to settle in for a long stretch of appointments. Somewhere along the line a visiting nurse is suppose to be coming every other day to check on the drain. Looks like no cabin for us for awhile.
I've read all the past post this morning and boy you gals have been busy. I need to check up on blogs yet.
Kelly sorry about glasses and not getting to the book but little Alice is much more exciting than any ol'book! lol
Shelly...DH would love the shrimp tacos. Recipe please? Hope you make great gains with the pt and ot.
Lynn sorry pooch is still having issues. Hope vet figures it out. I bet your Sunrise trip will be awesome as usual. Is DS joining you?
Jeanette...Oooooo company! I would love some but........hope you enjoy yours to the fullest. Brock probably would love seeing a few new faces around the house.

I'll check back later when I'm more settled.
Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart for all the prayers. You all hold such special places in my heart.

HUGS
Old 07-01-2020, 07:25 AM   #5458
Proud Fan Club Member

So excited to see that Nick in back home in your care, Susan! I know the two of you will see to his every need in the comfort of your own space. I still pray for you all daily. Calleigh is on meds and doing much better today. The vet said it was food related and she is probably allergic to chicken. Last night and this morning I was able to coax her into eating her "hard" dog food she has always done so well on before she lost most of her teeth by hand feeding her on kernel at a time! Whatever works!!
My son is not going with me on Friday. I will go alone to the bay (well, Calleigh might come along).

Shelly, I did have fun with your challenge! It was very easy and I love the look! I had chicken tacos last night (the dog's leftover chicken) but your shrimp ones sound so much better. I will probably attempt some once the chicken is gone! So thrilled that you have an excellent physical therapist that you have confidence in!!

Jeanette, how exciting!! Company coming!! What fun! Things here have escalated and it involves more staying home, more social distancing, and all are wearing masks if they want to be allowed in stores. Bars have closed again and restaurants have been scaled back down to 50%.

Kelly, hope you and Alice are having a grand time!! Yellow polka dots are definitely on the agenda for me for today!!

Old 07-01-2020, 08:27 AM   #5459

YAY!!! So glad to hear Nick is home!!!!!! Susan, I am certain you are keeping a close eye on him and providing the very best care!

Lynn, the company coming is our DS and DiL... it will be good to see them. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with anyone other than our kids coming though... and we're pretty safe here. Funny thing is, one of the meals he's requested is Chicken Tacos... so that's one of the things we'll be eating this weekend.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-01-2020, 10:58 AM   #5460
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends!

Did you hear my happy squeals for Susan and Nick being home! I am so happy for this news - best thing I could have signed on to see. I know you will need some time navigating the new normal but you are one. strong. mama!

It is SO HOT here - I can barely function! I have been trying to get up and at 'em since my fractured coccyx but I know from experience it's time, rest, ice, repeat! I did try to go on my bike with my daughter and made it passed the 3 mile mark - we were up to nearly 20 when I got injured.

I am hoping Calleigh is improving!

Shelly - wow, so much you are doing and yet you are only half of you with an injury! Slow down, girl! But since you are cleaning - if you want to head to Florida 񼱦… Good luck with the painting - what color did you chose?

Yay for guests, Jeanette! I'm sure you had a long list for the grocery store with your extra guests this week. Brock is enjoying all kinds of siblings!

Our lawn guy - bless his heart - the new one I hired has taken quite a liking to me. NOT in that way, lol, but I guess I showed him some unexpected kindness when he was here. I took them all out water bottles and cool soda pops one time - he looked at me like I had 3 heads. The next time, I I saw they were sitting under a tree (having cut 4 lawns on our street in the heat with no break) and only one had lunch I'd just made a fresh batch of empanadas and they cleaned the plate. Today - that man rang the bell at 7 am! SEVEN A. M. No, no, no 񼱦. even Alice isn't up that early! Not that I get up with her - LOL - her mama does. He said he had to cut ours first because he had a long week but wanted to make sure I was first so that I would have nice lawn for 4th of July. To cut our grass means to move at least 4 cars like a valet - we move it, he mows, we move it back, rinse, repeat! He look at me like a deer in headlights saying oh my, clearly we woke you up 񼱦񼱦. HUH? Yes, you did and thanks? LOL! Please wait until AFTER coffee cup x3 THEN you can come ring my bell 񼱦

Needless to say, I finished 2 blog posts then went back to bed!
Old 07-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #5461

What was that noise? Did you hear it???

Oh, it was Kelly squealing.

Your posts are always such fun, Kelly!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-02-2020, 03:17 AM   #5462

Dashing through this morning to wish all of my Paper-Loving Inky Friends a....

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-02-2020, 05:25 AM   #5463
Mad Swapper

Good Morning!
What a day yesterday. Had to make a ton of appointments (follow ups for Nick) Pick up more meds, had Visiting nurse set up and arrive and needed some food from Woodmans. I also got to see some of all your blogs. I did not have time to go through the bunch I had missed while away but I did manage to check at least 2 of each of the 4 of you. Hoping today is a bit less crazy. Visiting nurse will be here a couple times a week for the next few weeks to manage the drain which is a relief to me since I was pretty nervous about this whole thing. Seemed weird wearing masks in my own house but when she is here it's a rule. Nick did not cooperate though and kept pulling off his mask. Couldn't blame him tho...with his skinny face the mask kept covering his eyes no matter how I adjusted it.
Checked in with the kids and they are having fun at the cabin and in the lake. Apparently Claire Bear is lovin' the lake. So nice to have a private beach so social distancing isn't an issue and they can just run around and play. Only problem......don't know if I mentioned...our water heater did not make it through the winter. Since we never got up there to officially open due to Nick it wasn't until Brad turned everything on that 3 hrs later he heard a noise from heater then a crackle and a poof and a little billow of smoke. He ran to breaker to turn off but it had already popped. He went to switch on tank and turned it off. Called plumber (only one in county) and its a no go until late July. Soooooo....no hot water for them. I guess a heater installed in 1971 couldn't last forever. lol Thank goodness my sisters extra cabin across the street only had my brother and his 2 boys vacationing for the week so the kids just run over there for showers. They heat water on the stove for dishes (yay my stove still works lol). I told them just pretend your camping but in a cabin! DIL was not laughing but said she'd make it work and that NOTHING will ruin her vaca. Anything is better than having the constant reminder of this covid stuff and to be able to let the kids play and have fun without fears.
Today is an Air Quality Alert day so I doubt I'll be outside. I don't like heat either so it's a good day to stay in. Kelly how do you stand that hot humid Florida weather? I would be a constant hermit.

Enjoy the day
Old 07-02-2020, 08:32 AM   #5464

Susan, I'm glad the home care people will maintain the tube for you - that's great news. And yes, it would seem strange wearing a mask at home. Too bad about the water heater. Tell them they can pretend they are in someone's home in the Dominican Republic - no hot water in the bathrooms so we showered with cold water daily. It wasn't too bad in the evening, when we'd been out in the heat all day, but those morning showers were brutal.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-02-2020, 11:46 AM   #5465
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

hi friends - running with both ends of the candle burnin' here
and sick on top of all of that.
But we're moms - we keep moving, amiright!

Susan, I'm glad that you are settling and the home nurse is off to a good start. I actually love hearing that they are wearing masks - and you - although in your home - this thing is spreading like crazy
and there is still so much unknown.
Ouch on the water heater but I'm with your DD - I'd make it work, too!
This has been a crazy time and the kids are going a little bonkers.
my son can't wait for school to start!

Some good news - some bad news … the bar test is ON! But, they cancelled it, delayed it, now reinstated it, and it's at the end of August rather than mid-July and now it's at home. So the studying wasn't for anything and he's in good standing - just pushed back by 6 weeks. We've told the kids NO ONE needs to worry about not working during this or beyond - do what you need to do and how you need to do it and we'll figure out the rest.
Besides, as Tony said, you'll need to change our diapers one day!
Old 07-03-2020, 03:35 AM   #5466

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

We have company coming in today (DS and DiL) for four days. We haven't seen them since Christmas. Needless to say, I'll be enjoying the l-o-n-g weekend! a. lot.

I'll likely not be on SCS again until they've gone home so let me go ahead and say...

Have a safe and enjoyable weekend! I'll see you again on Tuesday!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-03-2020, 03:36 AM   #5467

Kelly, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. UGH! I hope you're doing better soon!

Lots of changes with the Bar test... yikes! Hope it all works out okay!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-03-2020, 05:11 AM   #5468
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanette, sounds like a fabulous 4th of July weekend at your house!! How exciting to get to spend time with your son and daughter-in-law!! I am sure your house will be filled with good food, good fellowship, and lots of love all around! Hope it includes a sparkler or two for Brock!

Kelly, doesn't sound like even being sick will keep momma bear down!! Please take care of yourself!! How will that place run without you?? Sounds like the bar situation will work itself out, but wow, what confusion! So glad that your family knows that home and family are all that matter during this time of uncharted waters!!

Yeah for visiting nurses, Susan. What a relief to have help with all the new changes you are just learning to deal with! I know that Nick is feeling the comfort and love of his own people and space as he heals. I remember back in the day that a camping trip meant cold showers!! Hope your family has a blast at the lake while you have hot showers at home!

Shelly, how do you do it? Painting a room?? Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Have already been to the bay and back this morning for sunrise on the beach. I'll be having yellow cake with milk chocolate icing and bourbon on the rocks this evening to celebrate my husband's 71st birthday!

Calleigh has done a complete turn around and is doing great! She has returned to eating her "before she was almost toothless" diet and all is right in our world! It took me a couple of times of feeding it to her kernel by kernel before she was convinced she could eat it, but she found out she can!

Will check with my folks to see if they need any groceries before the holiday weekend begins. I think I will pick up hot dogs for myself! Sounds July 4thish to me. And shrimp and cilantro for tacos as well!!! I have been craving them all week, Shelly!

Old 07-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #5469
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Friday!

I'm excited to see that Calleigh is better, Lynn! These fur babies sure get us worried. We almost adopted a cat - came to the house after crying up and down the street and laid under my daughter's car. We gave him water (which he gulped) and food - he was stick thin We let him on the porch and he acted like he wanted to come in but went back under the car. We checked every hour - he was just resting. Last night, he left We planned to keep him if he asked for food again - it almost looked like he was passing through. I thought about him all night

still in bed! this seems like I'm on the upswing - just massive body aches and a headache, sore throat, nausea and the pain! So intense! I just told everyone to fend for themselves and I can't tell you how many times I heard "mommy?" last night - even my from husband, LOL!

He's off for 4 days - which means zero crafting (still plan to get my coloring in for The Daily Marker - can't miss that!) but its' nice to see him get a break!

Jenaette, have fun with your guests!

I'm sure Shelly is painting - the good kind, on the walls! We let our son do a curious George on his walls when he was little - purple crayon and all! How's the OT going?

Big hugs for Susan!
Old 07-03-2020, 10:48 PM   #5470
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Happy 4th ladies- looks like I am the first one here! LOL I need to get to bed, such a night owl I am!

Susan- yeah to being at home and having a nurse visit you each day! Care is always better at home! Glad to hear Nick is doing OK too. And, you sound good too! Glad to hear clan at lake is OK, despite warm water situation. It will be a memory forever they will talk about!

Kelly- goodness, I would never go outside with the sweltering heat. We had a family move here for a couple of years from the south- they said in the summer they stay inside like we stay inside in the winter..... It helped me understand it. Glad for you and family your hubby has some time off over the 4th! Lawn service- no knock on the door before 8AM!!! Yikes!

Jeanette- how fun to have family visit hope you enjoy every minute! Enjoy and hope Brock does well with company in the house!

Lynn- enjoy your meal and bourbon for your hubby's 71st! Big Hugs to you! Glad your pup is back to eating and with your loving care is thriving!

Katie did the hard work of painting, Ray did a 2nd coat. I did the trim work, so after Katie put on the painters tape, I just did around doors and window and around ceiling and floor.

PT is going well- but I am sore! Did I mention I am sore??? LOL
I was able to make a couple of cards today- not my best work... but that's the way it goes.

We went to a prayer hour tonight- in a families backyard- priest joined us. Their kids play guitar and sang worship music and we had adoration and benediction.... it was beautiful. Rosary group members were there (husbands and wives and kids too). When that was over and back home, we moved the TV to the porch/patio and watched Hamilton outdoors. It was fabulous! One of our neighbors joined us. Katie had the service on Hulu with no commercials, so better yet! LOL

Tomorrow, we are heading to Marengo to my sisters- will swim, boys will golf. My sister has a compression fracture of her thoracic spine, so hope she will be able to relax and will not be overtaxed. She had kids there today, so hope she is not too tired! I will pick up food to cook for dinner and cook so she does not have to.

Hugs and love to all of my JPI sisters!
Shelly
Old 07-04-2020, 06:22 AM   #5471
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy July 4th to all you partying people!!

Shelly, after getting up a 3:00 am yesterday morning to get down to the shore for sunrise, I pooped out and fell asleep on the couch after the shrimp tacos but before the bourbon and cupcakes! What a party pooper!! Sure wish I had a streaming service! Would love to have seen Hamilton! With numbers way up, there are still no church gatherings of any kind here. Enjoy your day at your sister's. Don't overdo!

Kelly, what a treat to have your hubby home for 4 days. Praying that you are shaking off that bug so you can enjoy it. Or better yet, stay in bed and be the princess receiving all the care and attention! Just prop yourself up in the middle of your bed with a huge tub of markers and color away!!

Susan, how will you and Jim and Nick celebrate the 4th? For me I have a flag in the front yard, I'm wearing red, white, and blue, and I'll have a hot dog and fries from the air fryer! Maybe I'll have one of yesterdays cupcakes that never got touched!

I know Jeanette is having an awesome weekend with her sweet family there.

Peace and love to all!

Old 07-06-2020, 06:05 AM   #5472
Mad Swapper

Good Morning Everyone. Sorry I was absent again. Didn't want to ruin anyones weekend. Took Nick back to hospt thurs night. The tube unplugged from the bag ( got hooked on wheelchair}we re attached it but then we noticed it had not been draining. By 7pm (and it was rehooked at noon) there was still no draining so we took him to ER again. They scheduled a contrast scan for Friday afternoon although by fri morning the darn thing started draining again. Still they did the scan to be sure it was still in the proper place (it was) kept him Friday night for observation and then sent us home Saturday morning. Ei Yi Yi. This kid has got to stop giving me heart failure!!! lol
We spent the rest of the 4th relaxing. Jim made rib eyes on the grill and we sat out on the deck and enjoyed the neighborhood fireworks. Illegal? For sure. Delightful? Definitely. Most were finished by 10. We couldn't see all since we have alot of tall trees and we are in a hilly area. The folks doing the fireworks all were from a newer subdivision in a more open area with smaller trees so I'm sure they all saw fantastic displays. I just enjoyed hearing the Booms and sipping a cup of ginger tea.
We have nothing for today but Dr follow ups all week long. Never seem to be able to get them all on the same day. Then next week we have 2 more a day apart. Ughhhhh. Not how I wanted to spend summer. Kids are having a blast doing simpler things and surviving the "No Hot Water" issue. They have been sending us a ton of pics. Sure wish we were there too.
Lynn glad you got to the bay and celebrate you DH. Guess you don't need whiskey to fall asleep. lol Glad Calleigh is doing better too. Hmmmm...now I want a hot dog! That would definitely be 4th of Julyish.
Shelly sounds like you got alot of painting done! Thats great. Hope your time in Marengo was fun and that you enjoyed your visit with your sister. How awesome to watch Hamilton. We don't have Disney Plus. Wish we did cuz I really wanted to see it.
Kelly......oh no Sick? Are you feeling better yet? Loved the $th of July pic of Alice on FB so cute.
Jeanette hope your having a ton of fun family time with Ds, dil, Dh, and Brock!!!
Old 07-07-2020, 12:02 AM   #5473
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hello ladies : )
My SIL mother has passed away- so sad! She has had health issues for a few years and was moved to a Nursing Home a couple of years ago..... She died in her sleep.... she had c/o of a headache- so ??? aneurysm???? So Brother and SIL and 4 kids are on their way from Tx to Mississippi to a funeral : (

Dear me Susan- so sorry for all of your issues with Nick this year- and summer! I am happy the drain is actually OK and you are back home! I will keep you in prayers and asking for special prayers for Nick too!

Hubby is back to baseball- I did not go to the game, but they won again 2-0. It is 90 and humid out, so I'll pass! LOL

Waving Hello to all!
Shelly
Old 07-07-2020, 03:12 AM   #5474

Shelly, I am so sorry for your family's loss. So sad! I will be praying for all of you.

Susan... oh no! I am sooooo sorry that Nick had more problems. UGH! I wish you'd let me know so I could have been praying specifically.

Lynn (aka party pooper extraordinaire) I did thoroughly enjoy DS and DiL being here! We didn't do anything special - just chatted - and ate and chatted and ate.

Kelly, sending get well vibes your way!

Hugs for all!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-07-2020, 05:10 AM   #5475
Proud Fan Club Member

Susan, I am praying that this is the week you get a break and can just settle back and enjoy having Nick beside you. Hopefully all those follow up appointments will bring nothing but encouraging news. So scary about the drain. Happy that it is still placed properly and functioning as it should.

Shelly, so sorry about the death in your family. Funerals are so challenging and hard during this strange day of Covid. Most here are still having only private family burials. I love baseball but could not sit with a mask in 90° heat to watch a game. Glad that your husband is able to get out and take part in something he enjoys so much.

Jeanette, sounds like the perfect weekend at your house! We love nothing more at my son's house than sitting around the dinner table with everyone sharing stories they have stored up to share when we get together.

Kelly, hoping and praying that you are feeling better. Let your family take good care of you! I know they will!

I have a computer guy coming today for a consultation on some of my issues and to advise me on the purchase of new equipment. I am hoping today to get all of my important documents moved to an external hard-drive and get a working speaker attached to my computer.

Wishing all a productive and safe week!

Old 07-07-2020, 05:15 AM   #5476
Mad Swapper

Sorry Jeanette...it was a small issue and I figured I've used up soooo many prayers I thought I should save some for later if needed...lol So glad you enjoyed DS and DIL. What do you mean you didn't do anything??? Eat Chat...Eat Chat...thats doing alot of quality time!! So you see....you did do something!

Ughhh Shelly I hear you! Hot and Humid and going to get worse today and tomorrow. We sat outside for a bit last night just to give Nick a change of scenery. Didn't want to put bug spray on him so the Tiki torchs and bug candles lined the deck. No bugs!!! A big defeat since there is anatural pond in the neighbors back yard. There is a super low spot and we're in the woods so it fills in the spring when it rains and usually stays full all summer. Frogs love it, ducks love it, deer stop for drinks but boy oh boy the Skeeters!!! Yay for Ray's team! Sorry about SIL's mother. Ironic my Aunt just passed away and was also in a nursing home and had been ill for quite some time. Funeral was just on Saturday. Obviously I didn't make it. Don't think I would have gone anyway due to Nick even if he was well. Don't want chances and they are a huge Italian family. They don't take social distancing well...lol.

Lynn hows the heat by you?

Today starts the umpteen dr appts. One today, one tomorrow and one thurs then VN on fri. Weekend....then repeat for next week. ughhhh

Stay cool my friends.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:17 AM   #5477
Mad Swapper

LOL....Lynn we did it again!!!!! We have to stop typing together heeheehee
Old 07-07-2020, 06:00 AM   #5478

Lynn and Susan, you two are such fun - typing at the same time.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 07-07-2020, 06:31 AM   #5479
Proud Fan Club Member

Susan, it's hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! But I keep my house cold, cold, cold!!

Old 07-07-2020, 06:45 AM   #5480
Mad Swapper

Lynn me too... My husband makes fun of me all the time 90 plus outside and humid and I'm in the house in a hoodie sweatpants socks and I'll wrap up in a blanket on the sofa and watch a movie. Yep my house is a little bit chilly! And I love it! Lol