Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-21-2020, 05:46 AM   #5281
Swapper of the Month March 2013

You're quite the detective, Susan.

Brock's been eating them since he was a youngster (call me a bad mama)... and no, we do not like them toasted.

My favorite was always brown sugar cinnamon... but Brock will only eat fruity ones WITH frosting. Good thing... that way there's no temptation in the house because the BSC ones stay in the store.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:11 AM   #5282
Mad Swapper

Hahahaha...funny my fave is BSC too. I won't buy them cuz I'll eat them. I do not like any of the others.
mcschmidty and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:26 PM   #5283
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello hello!

I'm outside on the patio - mostly enjoying the evening! Saw the most gorgeous Florida sun setting and an awesome reminder that God is in control, always! If we just stop to look, sometimes issues melt away

Oh Shelly, I had not heard of the girl - how tragic! Such a sad news in the midst of this crazy times. and boo on your allergies!

Thanks for the shoe love! I love - LOVE - them! They are a little wild, lol, in fact, I had a kid (at school, when it was open) say Those look like the Nickolodean Hotel! LOL! I've been there. He is right!

Miss Alice got some new toys! I braved the store and went to Target today - fully suited up. I had to get a few things that wouldn't instacart (only available in store) so while I was there, I had to scoot by the toys This Oma's cart was full! She's on a Moana kick and just adores the movie. And my daughter Chrissy painted her a gorgeous heart of Te Fiti from a rock we found outside!

Summer camp for the Boy Scouts was officially cancelled - not sure who exactly was planning on attending! It's the week after school lets out here - June 4th - WAY too soon, if you ask me! And I just got a letter asking us to fill out whether or not we plan to send our kids to school next year. They are on the fence about opening up but cautious due to the 'second wave.'

Happy Birthday Tori! Great pictures, Sus! How is Nick doing these days?

Lynn, Calleigh is a precious pie! Our dogs bark every time the wind blows, LOL!

hugs to all!
Old 05-22-2020, 02:23 AM   #5284

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Susan, definitely!

Kelly, oh, how I'd love to see your sunset! Such an amazing time of day - the beauty! YAY for new toys for Alice! I loved the comment about your dogs, too.

Waving to Lynn and Shelly!

Have a great day, my friends!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-22-2020, 03:18 AM   #5285
Proud Fan Club Member

Missing my sunsets on the beach for sure, Kelly!! Glad you got to enjoy that beautiful Florida sky, Kelly!! Who knows what to predict for next year's school. What will be needed and what will not? It all seems like a guessing game at this point. I'm going to get on the internet and look for those shoes! You had me at comfortable! Bet Alice has a fabulous weekend with all her new toys!

My day didn't start with the chicken dance, but it may have looked like it, Jeanette. I dropped a card behind my desk and had to get down on the tile floor to get it. Getting back up off the floor was the challenge!! If there had been carpet and not tile, I could have made it to my knees and up. So off I scoot on my butt to the next room that is carpeted so I could roll over and get up. The deep bruises I got on my knees on Christmas Eve are still very painful to put all this weight on. The carpet I can handle. Who wants to be the crazy lady on the floor saying, "I can't get up."? So glad I didn't have to call the fire department.

I agree with you both, Susan and Jeanette, brown sugar cinnamon is the best!! Haven't had any in the house for years although I am often tempted!

Today I will be doing a little grocery shopping for the folks, but mostly just stamping and having fun. No, laundry is not on the list although it should be.

Happy Friday to all!!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 05-22-2020, 03:57 AM   #5286

Hi Lynn... oh no! Keep those cards off the floor in the future! (I have bad knees and have not been able to get on them for years and years. You should see me try to get up - yes, I have to crawl to carpet, too.)

I am glad you get to mostly have fun today (with a little grocery shopping, too). I just hope you're not going to the store naked, since you've not done the laundry.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-22-2020, 04:38 AM   #5287
Proud Fan Club Member

It is getting pretty bad, Jeanette! I have to go down a size in my closet and the tightness of those pants will force my hand soon! LOL!!

Old 05-22-2020, 05:27 AM   #5288
Mad Swapper

Lynn you and Jeanette are cracking me up. Floor scooting!!! Just carpet doesn't help me much I'm usually scooting to carpet and then crawling to furniture to help me up. Boy it sure does stink getting old!

Hope you find cool shoes Lynn.

Kelly enjoying the outdoors and sunset to boot. Glad your taking time to relax. And lucky Alice gets new toys! I know how that works....I never leave the stores without a bunch of stuff for the kids. lol

Well Nicks under the weather again. Good lord this is exhausting! I don't think its shunt related..but the other common problem he's been having. Looks like someone won't be attending a picnic. Dang it.
Story of my life.

They are calling for more rain this weekend...uggghhhh. Just what we need. Hope it doesn't rain for the Birthday parade on Sunday.

Have a great day
Old 05-22-2020, 05:32 AM   #5289

Oh no! Susan, I am so sorry Nick is not well again. (((HUGS))) and lots of healing prayers!

And FYI - I scoot to furniture, too, but it's on the carpet.

Lynn, yep, your hand might be forced soon.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-22-2020, 01:33 PM   #5290
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends-dashing out the door taking dd to Ft. Lauderdale. Her bestie invited her up to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous, lol. her dad is the owner of some huge .com communications and I heard tomorrow is an outing on his yacht. Uh, she DOES need a chaperone, right!? I hope she has a great time and is able to get her mind off everything else. The friend will drive her home Sunday as she's heading to Miami anyway - I plan to enjoy to the drive and my Starbucks

NICK _ prayers and more prayers!

Here's the sunset I saw and took a quick photo - isn't it gorgeous! God is in control!

Old 05-23-2020, 02:39 AM   #5291

Kelly, I hope your drive went well and that your DD has a good time with her friend! WOW! Your sunset IS gorgeous!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-23-2020, 03:56 AM   #5292
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Saturday morning to all!!

Kelly, thanks for sharing your beautiful sunset! How glorious! What a special weekend for your DD!! Such a sensational break from the norm!!

Susan, I know you are watching over Nick like a hawk!! He is in good hands under your watchful eye. I sure hope he is feeling fine again soon. Sorry about the picnic!

Jeanette, I came up with another way to avoid the laundry. I'm wearing the same pair of jeans for the 3rd day in a row! Living home alone has its advantages!!

Shelly, any Memorial Day plans? I think I'll stay in for a change and throw a hot dog in the air fryer!!

Old 05-23-2020, 04:03 AM   #5293

Lynn, a girl has to do what a girl has to do.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and allee's like this post.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #5294
Mad Swapper

LOL Lynn....sounds like me. I either wear the same regular cloths for a few days or I just never get out of my pjs for a few days. I mean seriously....who's coming over???? No One. Who's going out???? No One. Sooooooo what the heck... save water, save detergent, save time...and increase craft time. Good plan for me! lol

Kelly your sunset IS beautiful. I love those. Hope dd has a great time and you enjoy that BUX.

Hello Shelly!?!?!? Have I missed a post???

Picnic went ok. I went dh stayed home with Nick. I swear their dog Trooper seemed to have missed me more than the kids. lol He would not leave me alone and when I walked into the garage (he was chained in front yard) he whinned and whinned til I came out. Nice to be loved. Wish I got that reaction from the kids! Tori loved her boom box and the other 2 loved the little goody bags I gave them. DH made Brad a bench for his back yard. It turned out pretty good for a guy with limited routar skills.

We had it in his front yard last night then he moved it to the back and sent me this pic.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll try to check in before we leave on monday for the cabin.

<div

Old 05-23-2020, 10:21 PM   #5295
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Susan- wowza -that bench is awesome! Hope Nick is OK and its not his stomach/GI system again!

Jeanette- I know this time with the daughter is a blessing, and hard to imagine them going back! And, Brocks hair looked great!

Kelly- nice to be enjoying the evening patio- before long, we will be enjoying the patio as well! My son (age 31) loves Moana, his favorite ever Disney Movie. Chris and Kayle do not watch too much TV, but he played that movie for me for my Birthday in 2019...... It is such a sweet story!

Lynn, Oh my goodness, I cannot imagine you running down the street after the pup at an early hour! Hopefully, most of the neighborhood was still in bed! Glad you found her too! And, I can see you scooting on the floor to the carpet.... goodness! I hope your stamping with the new KSS is going well. I a=cannot wait to see them. I always wait for her to have a deep cut, like 30%...last time I waited too long, and everything was sold out!

Well, my computer is on its way to Ky... I spilled and just a corner of the keyboard got a little wet, but enough to make it wonky and now I cannot sign in to my internet..... cannot sign in...caps lock is stuck on...and if I tyoe a C, the entire row comes out in a crazy order.... Bizarre. So, I have access to my hubbys extra computer, but not all of the time.
I am just going to have to figure out the watermark thing......

Cardiologist started another med last Monday- I feel great! I am sleeping less but more refreshed when up. Amazing how different I feel! I hope it keeps up.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!! I hope to get to Abe Lincoln National Cemetery this weekend. We are having sporadic rain downpours...so may have to wait.

Shelly
Old 05-24-2020, 04:22 AM   #5296
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Susan! I am happy you attended the birthday party!! And it's true. No one loves like a dog!!! Tell your husband, the bench looks awesome. He did a fabulous job of routering those names! I love the font he chose! I found another solution to my laundry problem. Dillard's was empty yesterday so I went in for a look. They had their 65% clothes on sale for another 50% off of that!! Guess what, with 10 new pairs of pants, I can wait another two weeks to wash, I am sure. So glad I have a huge pj and underwear collection! LOL!!

Shelly, oh NO!! Not your computer!! But VERY happy the the doctor found a medication that helps you feel better! Fortunately, I was the only one out on the streets at 5 in the morning. No one saw the crazy old lady running up and down the block in her pajamas! I have been working like crazy on the KSS cards. Tomorrow is the big day for the release of the first 4 sets. I hope you get out to the cemetery! It must looks beautiful will all the flags flying!

Jeanette, I loved seeing Brock's haircut!! He looks very proud of it!! My husband made me cut his hair all of our married life. I NEVER got very good at it! Now that I have my camera, I am going to Zoom with my family tonight. I will be giving my bangs a trim before that! No bowl involved, I promise!

Kelly, I am anxious to hear about your jet-setting, yachting daughter's weekend went! I hope they had beautiful weather. I hear we are to have rain for the next several days. I'll get to see how my cleaned out gutters work!!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you all!

Old 05-24-2020, 04:32 AM   #5297
Mad Swapper

Good morning Shelly. Good to hear from you. Thanks on bench comment. I personally have 6 through out my yard though dh did not personalize any of ours. We have 2 near the shed, 2 back by the woods and 2 in the front yard. The front yard ones are just a wee bit different with the shape of the backs. DH just loves making them. If I don't stop him soon I'll probably have 2 for the side yard. lol At the moment he's making little rectangle stools. 1 has already found it's home on the deck for a squirrel feeding dish and heaven only knows where he'll put the second one. The tops are drift wood from our beach and he's been itchin' to use it. He's used other drift wood from the beach for a shelf at the cabin and for the light fixture above the bathroom sink at the cabin. Wood playing keeps him busy. lol
Glad new meds are working. Do you mind me asking what heart issues? DH has AFIB so I'm just curious. Hope you find time for Abe Lincoln National Cemetery today. Its so pretty there. My dad and many uncles are buried there.

Jeanette LOVE YOUR HAIR! And wow a great face pic. You are adorable. All I usually see is your profile pic which is literally your profile. You should use the new pic for profile. LOVE IT!!! Brocks hair looks great. I've cut DH's, and the dogs as well as mine. Mine doesn't look much different though since it was so short and spiky before now its short and really uneven spiky. But because of the original cut you can't really notice the unevenness. heeheehee

Big rains here last night and tornado warning. Some people on FB on our community page posted some awesome pics of the sky. We have so many trees here that we don't get much sight of the sky for awesome pics unless its the colors between the leaves of a bright sunset. Today is car parade day....hope next wave of rain waits. We leave early in the morning wish us luck that we don't now own a house boat. lol
BTW Nicks doing ok finally started his normal toileting routine, if you know what I mean.
Have a great day ladies.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:35 AM   #5298
Mad Swapper

Lynn we were typing at same time again.....
Love your solution to laundry. I've done that! LOL Ok in reality some of my pants were just old and instead of throwing out as soon as I bought a slew more, I wore each one a few days and then threw them out. No laundry! hahahaha.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:13 AM   #5299

Wishing all of my Paper-Loving Inky Friends an enjoyable day!

I'm geeegling! How fun to have another solution to doing laundry. I love it, Lynn!

Susan, that picture was supposed to be so bedded in my comments that no one would find except (other than DH's aunt that I was responding to). LOL! I guess that didn't work, since you saw it, too. I actually am glad I cut my hair - it had been 3+ months and was getting quite shaggy/shabby/unruly. I cut at least 2 1/2" off. Of course, you probably noticed, I cut Brock's first. As the saying goes.... my mama didn't raise a dummy. Woo Hoo for Nick feeling better now!!!

Shelly, I am so glad your new med is making your feel better! YAY!

Kelly, how's the weekend going? Did your DD have a good time???

Sending virtual hugs to all of you!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-25-2020, 04:47 AM   #5300
Mad Swapper

Lol...Not embedded enough. I too cut like 2 inchs off. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Brad and Tori's parade was super awesome yesterday. DIL was even able to have a local brewery in the parade to drop off a new craft beer for him and our local cinema was in the parade with there van all decked out and gave Tori a huge bag of popcorn. Local library drove the library van handing Tori, Bryce and Claire bookmarks, and a Para from DIL's school had her parents who portray Mr & Mrs Clause at malls and photo studios got her parents to show up Ho Ho Hoing as they drove by. Friends shot out silly string and a couple uncles showed up with their Harleys. Its was perfect in every way. Who says you can't have a memorable quarantine birthday??? lol
Waving to everyone.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:53 AM   #5301

Susan, now that's a parade! How fun!!! I'm glad you were able to be there for the festivities!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-25-2020, 04:54 AM   #5302
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Memorial Day morning, to all!

I may have to change my celebration plans from hot dogs to cheeseburger! I have the fixings for that and can therefore stay in my pajamas all day long! No mail, no grocery store, and no laundry! What a way to celebrate!!

Jeanette, I trimmed my bangs a little yesterday, but would have to shave my head bald to get 2 1/2 inches off! LOL!! Looking in the mirror and trying to make my scissors go where I wanted them to was quite the challenge!! I might just try the electric clippers next time!

Susan, what an awesome job you all did arranging that fabulous birthday parade!! I am sure it is one that no one will ever forget!!

Hey, Shelly and Kelly! Are you sleeping in this morning?

Old 05-25-2020, 05:02 AM   #5303

Lynn, Lynn, Lynn... you bought new clothes.

That's okay - I vote for a jammies day, too!

We're having a snacky meal (dips, breads, etc) and fried chicken because DH just couldn't stand the thought of not having fried chicken - so he took matters into his own hands and ordered some (from the deli - he can't order me around like that!)

Brock is NOT happy - we ALWAYS go to the Vaughan's farm and their big family gathering on holidays. (He's giving me that "What do you mean we're not doing what I want to do" look.)

Suffice it to say, this day may not be our best one ever.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-25-2020, 01:10 PM   #5304
Proud Fan Club Member

I did actually have to get dressed since I had to bring in the garbage can mid-morning.

Hope Brock gets over his grumpy! Who doesn't love fried chicken?

Old 05-25-2020, 04:48 PM   #5305
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Um, Lynn .... ME! LOL!!! Hee hee!

Well, we didnt get to the cemetery with the Scouts this am to put flags like we do every year -we had a tornado! A real life tornado right over our little suburb -starting at 2 am. We were instructed (via pinging iphones) and the news (tv) to seek shelter and dd and I ran to our main bathroom. Everyone else was asleep so we told them to stay put and stay alert - nothing happened, PTL So bizarre! We get a hurricane - we got it but throw in a tornado? Yikes! So we stayed home and watched the monsoon that hasn't stopped all day!

Prayers for Nick! Bless ya'lls hearts. I'm glad the parade was fun and that's one fancy bench!

I've was up with my dd yesterday listening to her glorious trip - we got rain, she got sun! We had food at home and she had gourmet food, prepared by her friend who STUDIED IN FRANCE! Yep, yacht was taken out and I was out of my mind seeing how gorgeous it all was. Her condo is overlooking the waterways so she had some magnificent sunsets of her own!

Yay for the haircut, Lynn! Remember dd did my hair and I am not upset about it, lol.

How did everyone do on their Memorial Day sales? So far, I resisted but I just saw one -oh the temptation!

Hug for all!
Old 05-25-2020, 05:15 PM   #5306
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Waving hello and Happy Memorial day to all!!!

We have very high humidity today and it is HOT- almost 90...... Our plans changed mid morning- both girls heading to the city (Chicago) and now driving separately and one to be back by 5, so hubby went with them to accompany DD1 to see real estate as DD2 who would be with her all day is not going to be with her all day..... So...I got the entire afternoon home alone : ) I was able to plant a few Zinneas, move a couple of hosta's and trim the heck out of some bushes, then walk the pup and chat with a few neighbors..... Then, made a couple of cards too!

Oh Susan, the parade sounds heavenly- such a fun memory! And, the rest of the weekend will be a bur, I am sure!!!

Kelly- how crazy to spend the night in the bathroom! I hear it is going to be a crazy season this year, with 10 predicted 'Big Storms'..... Be Safe and get some rest!!! Hope you are feeling some relief in your tailbone!

Jeanette- missed that picture of you Susan spied!!! I did, however, see a picture of a delicious looking pretzel on FB!

Lynn- I so love the KSS new release- very expensive though.... How do you get on her DT??? I need to join! LOL I want them all!

I am off to take a shower and wash the hair! We are trying to keep the house cool with fans and NOT start up the A/C, we'll see!

Hugs to all!
Shelly
Old 05-26-2020, 04:42 AM   #5307
Mad Swapper

No news yet but I'm on here so I thought I'd sneak in a HI!

Yesterday Lynn I stayed in PJ's all day. No where to go so I might as well right? To keep my mind off of things I made a couple wine bottle tags. Lining up holes for the bottle was a pain. I swear my dies moved with every single tag. Maybe today I'll try a few more with a punch instead. Did you enjoy your cheeseburger?

Shelly...yep it is hot. Too muggy for me. So I did turn on my air. Just enough to take care of the humidity so I set it at 78 and had the ceiling fans on low. Thought of opening the windows at night so I could listen to the frogs in the pond lull me to sleep but it was still sticky out and with today also getting hot and humid I decided not to.

Wow Kelly I didn't even know you guys got tornados that far south in Fl. Glad all turned out ok though.

Jeanette did Brock survive not going to the farm? Poor kid. lol

Well today won't be any different for me. Probably stay in Jammies, eat whatever I find laying around instead of cooking and make maybe more tags.

Keep cool guys!
Old 05-26-2020, 04:44 AM   #5308

Yep, I'm late - I can't believe Lynn hasn't beaten me here. It's been a morning, but apparently not as exciting of a time as Kelly has. WOW! A tornado... I'm glad you hunkered down and were safe!

Shelly, I'm glad you enjoyed your time home alone and accomplished so much!

Susan, any update on Nick? I've been praying!

Lynn, Brock did fine once he got over his look.

Brock and I are home alone for two days - DH and DD went to KY (left late yesterday afternoon). They're going to put flowers on DH's parents graves and then hike some of the KY spots... and look for geocaches. I'm not sure what Brock and I are going to get into while they're gone, but I won't be cooking much (we have lots of leftovers to enjoy) and the laundry is finished so hopefully we can just chill.

And yes, we do have the AC on... DH turned it on Saturday. He couldn't take the heat any longer and I weakened and said okay. (I do love the windows open; he does not.)

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-26-2020, 04:46 AM   #5309

Susan, you snuck in while I was typing - Hi! I'm sorry there wasn't good news to share. Sending (((HUGS))) and lots of prayers!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #5310
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Can we mostly identify?! Yep, I'm tired -catching someone's cold and didn't sleep a wink.

Oh poor Susan and Nick -saying prayers and sending postiive vibes! I'm glad he has a cheerleader in his camp!

I can't even remember what I was going to type so I'll just wave!

Hugs!
Old 05-27-2020, 01:39 AM   #5311

Kelly, I'm sorry to hear you're catching a cold on top of everything else. Sending get well wishes your way!

Waving to everyone else in the wee hours of darkness.

Hugs!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-27-2020, 02:37 AM   #5312
Proud Fan Club Member

I've been up with you, Jeanette!! Another 4:00 morning!

Shelly, I sure wish I had your green thumb! The only flowers growing in my flower beds are Mexican Petunias and they is because they spring up and grow on their own without any assistance from me. Sure hope the girls and their dad had a great day in Chicago. Thanks for your kind words about the new release. There is another one coming sometime in June. I think Maria keeps a close eye on people using her stamps and posting on various social media platforms. When she feels the need to expand the team, she invites one of them aboard. I can't believe I have been with her for 12 years now!

Kelly, not a summer cold!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are the worst!!

Susan, it ended up being just a hamburger without cheese, but, yes, I did enjoy it! Hoping to hear better news about Nick today! Hugs and prayers to you and your family!

Today: LAUNDRY!! Ugh!

Old 05-27-2020, 02:46 AM   #5313

Hi Lynn... I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. And now you have to face Mt. Laundry, too. Yikes!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #5314
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy middle of the week and sending great big squishy hugs to Susan!

Yep, a cold - which is harder with Alice because she's always all up on me, lol! I popped into a zoom class yesterday just to see what it was like after my sweet friend Barb invited me and she kept coming over to wave and see what was going on, LOL!
But she sure adds sweetness and joy to the mix!

DD is on the hunt for a new car. I feel SO BAD for her. She inherited my husband's old car and it's been great to get her to and from college for 3 years. A month ago, the clutch went and it was $1200 - - she had to pay. Now, the transmission is acting up and I told her with 130K miles, stop investing money into it. She's been planning to get a new one before Covid19 hit, so now it's even easier to do the research online - her and her dad are going to deal with it as I've excused myself from that venture!

Okay, first fried chicken and now hamburgers . covering my eyes and pretending I didn't see any of that, ROFL!

Tonight is Chinese take out - ds's choice! We LOVE this place about .25 miles from our house so done and done!

Waving to everyone!
Old 05-28-2020, 03:11 AM   #5315

Kelly, I hope you can get that cold stopped - feel better! I love driving - and love my car - but I hate car shopping!!! So I feel for your DD. I hope it goes well and she finds exactly what she wants!

Oh how yummy! I've not had Chinese Food in 3 months - I so enjoy it but our two local ones have been closed (no takeout or curb service). However, my two travelers are home again (late last night) - and they brought me a gift! Chipotle!!! Yum!

We have a meetings meetings meetings day here today - lots of Zooming going on. We have all agreed, though, that Brock's Zoom meetings are the most fun. Today, it's Bingo (that's his favorite one). Tuesday it was Show and Tell. Last week they played a Stay Healthy Game and toured a farm. Yep, his meetings are fun!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-28-2020, 03:42 AM   #5316
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, lovely ladies!

I'm with you, Kelly, once an older car starts racking up big repair bills, it's time to move on to the next. I hope your husband and your daughter are able to track down one for her that is just perfect for her needs. Hope your cold isn't dragging you down. No time for that with little energizer Alice to keep up with! Yum!! Chinese take-out! I'd be on board for that any day of the week.

Jeanette, while you are Zooming from meeting to meeting today, I'll be zooming from laundry room to closet! Did get two loads done yesterday. Probably have 4 on the list for today. I am going to be Zooming with the Alpha Girls for tomorrow night's VSN mini! That should be fun if I can find a way to get better lighting over my computer for crafting. But you are right, Brock is the one who really knows how to Zoom. What fun for him and his friends! What did Brock share at Show and Tell on Tuesday?

Wishing you a day filled with good news and progress, Susan!! Hang in there!!

Shelly, have you turned that air conditioner on yet? Mine hasn't been off since mid-February! One thing that is consistent in Texas - summer is our longest season usually lasting 6 or 7 months! LOL!

Old 05-28-2020, 04:08 AM   #5317

Hi Lynn... Your Zooming (laundry to closet) sounds a lot like work to me. LOL!

Funny you asked about Brock's show and tell. When they'd ask him what he had for show and tell, he just kept pointing to his people on the computer screen, one by one, and say "Erica, I miss you." "Tiffany, I miss you." etc. They determined they were his show and tell.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-28-2020, 04:23 AM   #5318
Proud Fan Club Member

That is so awesome, Jeanette. He was sharing his dear friends!!

Yes, it is work, but I am DOING it TODAY! Everything I own will be clean and put away except for the clothes on my back by 6 p.m. this evening!!

mcschmidty and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:23 AM   #5319
Mad Swapper

Hi....too early for news so I stopped in here.
Kelly I hope your feeling better and that dd found herself a great car. I don't mind car shopping but I do tend to get pulled right in when theres alot of bells and whisles. Even if I don't need it I want it just to say I have it. lol DH does not like car shopping with me so we only do it when we absolutely have too. But then I see a commercial and I'm like Hmmmmmmm??????? lol

Jeanette how sweet that Brocks Show and Tell were his People. I am sure he misses them immensely. Don't get into any accidents while doing all that "Zooming" today. heehee.

Lynn....how can you have so much laundry??? You just bought brand new stuff. The old stuff was suppose to be wear and toss remember? lol

Waving to Shelly.

Well I think I'll go check the blogs while I wait for a phone call.
Have a good day ladies
Old 05-28-2020, 04:38 AM   #5320

Lynn, you're right - he loves his friends!

Susan, I'm glad we were on your mind as you wait for the phone call! And yes... you have a point about Lynn's laundry/clothes. LOL!

Okay, now I like bells and whistles, too.... and color is VERY important to me. Remember, when we were getting Hot Sauce, I told my DH we were "only talking red!" Yep, I got one of the only 3 new RED Jettas for sell in the US at that time. I sure love my car! I miss her!!! She sits in the garage day after day, week after week, month after month. Separation Anxiety is real.

Find Me on Instagram