Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #5001
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL Susan! You may have seen my Facebook - I have a maid! LOLOL!!!

Yep, I was up til 5 am!! I went to bed around then and slept til around 6:30 - got my son up - went back to bed until 9:45 when Alice came barreling down the hall shouting OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMA! What a wake up!

Instacart groceries from ALDI are here and put away - I had to laugh! The guy text several times to ask if we wanted replacements as they talk to you as they shop for you. He said they were out of walnuts and I said "walnuts?" Apparently my daughter is making banana bread and added them to the cart - I was so confused! I did tell them order what they want and add it on - I just never checked what they added so it was pretty funny. Needless to say, dd's banana bread will be nutless!

Chrissy's room is getting a complete and total overhaul. Like STRIPPED. Since we still don't know what made her so ill and sent her to CCU, we're not taking any chances. She couch assists and we are checking on every bag, clothes, drawers, books etc ... and purging! I have 8 - EIGHT - bags to go to church or goodwill or somewhere. I'm about to borrow a friends storage unit!

Waving!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-07-2020, 02:04 AM   #5002
Swapper of the Month March 2013

I want a maid like Kelly's maid - she's adorable!

Kelly, you are a bundle of energy - I can't imagine stay up until 5:00 cleaning. Yikes! It's scary not knowing what made Chrissy so sick. I am thankful she's healing. Continuing to pray for her!

So, yesterday's grocery pickup - an hour away - went smoothly. The only glitch was I was going to go through the Starbucks drive thru to get a cuppa for my drive home (that's the closest Starbucks to us so I was really looking forward to that treat.) Nope! Closed... completely. Not even the drive thru was open. A little thing in the big scheme of things, though.... and I made it home fine without my beverage.

Soooo how's everybody doing? What's today's plan???

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Old 04-07-2020, 02:51 AM   #5003
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Jeanette!

Glad your grocery haul was a success, but sorry about the coffee! But on the bright side, it looks like there will be fresh salads for a while around your house! Enjoy!

Kelly, hope you made it to the end of the day on your hour and a half of sleep! Some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug! I wonder how early Miss Alice will come running for Oma this morning!! Sure hope in your purging, you throw out exactly what is giving Chrissy such misery!

Susan, saw about Bryce on Facebook. Hope he is quickly on the mend! So scary!

Shelly, you are experiencing less pain today, I hope! Maybe you will be crafting like I am this morning.

My plans, make and mail Easter cards. Work on portion control for meals. I have put on 3 pounds in isolation! Ugh!

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 04-07-2020, 04:39 AM   #5004
Mad Swapper

Yes Lynn scary. Poor little guy. Never heard of that stomach issue before. Heck I can't even remember what it was called. All I do know is my favorite little boy was in pain and looked so sad yesterday. I have not received an update yet today.
Ahhh portion control. Yeah my scale broke (thank goodness) so I'm not sure what I have gained but I know making bread has been a mistake. I LOVE fresh bread and so my no carbs has turned into ...."Whoa I just ate alot of carbs"!

Packing a box of crafty stuff for grand nieces. Made them their own Art Journals yesterday. Now to gather embellies for them .

Sunny here today so I might just spend some time in the yard. We shall see.

Sorry drive home didn't include a Bux for you Jeanette but yay you have salad!!! lol

I'll check in later.

Hi Shelly Hi Kelly
Old 04-07-2020, 05:07 AM   #5005

Hi Lynn... your Easter cards will be a hit, I'm sure!

Oh no! Susan, I didn't see the news about Bryce. I hope he's all better now!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-07-2020, 11:55 AM   #5006
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Oh will have to see the news about Bryce - I guess in my travels today I missed it.

Thanks - I'll keep my maid! She sees me cleaning and has picked up the habit of wiping everything down (I give her the $1 Mickey Mouse wipies!) and for Easter, I bought her the Melissa and Doug stand with a mop and broom and dust pan, LOL! She has EVERY toy - what else can the EB bring?!

She went to her check up today - this. girl. is. smart. She was 18 months yesterday and speaking up a storm and counting and knows her colors and has a photographic memory. It's bizarre! Weight is the same and height is soaring - they are putting her on the path to be quite tall (5'11" but her dad is 6'1" and mama is 5'7")

I did get my Bux today, too - taking my daughter's car to the shop! Her clutch is stuck and the gears won't shift. I can't imagine the price so I don't - LOL!

Yay on a successful grocery run, Jeanette! Too bad it's so far - I definitely go several times a week but we are 7 in this very crazy, full house! I can't imagine how the Duggars do it all!

There's a request for Turkey for Easter ....... no one here eats ham (which is what I grew up on at Easter) so I guess I'll be back out tomorrow looking. If it were up to me, we'd all be eating salad and veggies! But, I know that I am the Cheese Stands Alone on that front (for years) so onward! We have an egg hunt and egg dying planned but no Easter Bunny this year. My daughter was sad that it will be missing but in the bigger picture, it's okay! She screamed her head off for Santa, I can't image the EB would be any different!
Old 04-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #5007
Mad Swapper

Yes I'd keep your maid too Kelly. Super sweet. OMG grocery's several times a week??? There are too many people in those stores for me right now. I'm trying to get by on every 2 weeks. I have an extra fridge downstairs in that kitchen so I get the furthest expiration dates on milk yogurt and eggs that I can. Right now I have 3 gallons of milk 4 dozen eggs and probably 20 yogurts. So it's safe to say it should last 2 weeks. You know once upon a time I use to laugh a bit at China when I'd see them walking around in masks and now....look at our country. And some states haven't even taken precautions yet. You would think we should all look at New York and start being safe now instead of like some states who have been waiting to see how bad it gets. Absolutely nuts. A few changes in our daily routines, though inconvenient, won't kill us but the virus might. Crazy thing..................went to Amazon Prime video today to see if there was any movie I'd like to watch and I found one called, of all things, "Pandemic" it's a 2009 movie about a virus that hits mankind. Ironically there are 2 more like this ...a 2007 Mini Series called Pandemic about the bird flu and a 2016 movie also called Pandemic. Weird never even heard of these but now 3 popped up on Prime. C R A Z Y !!!
Old 04-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #5008

Kelly, your little maid wants to be just like you, so of course she's going to love her Easter gifts! I had to laugh at the turkey/ham conversation. No one in our group will eat turkey, but they all like ham. Haven't even considered what we three will eat Sunday though.

Susan, it sounds like your extra fridge is well stocked. You should be good. I'm like you... not wanting to go out and about. In my case it's the idea of needing a mask if I'm going to leave the security of my home. I just can't. If I absolutely had to I'd have to... but staying home without it works better for me. A mask brings back way too many horrible memories.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-07-2020, 06:09 PM   #5009
Mad Swapper

Jeanette I am so sorry you have some bad memories with masks. I think if I actually had to put one on I'd freak myself out with anxiety. I don't want to feel more stress. I just keep repeating....this will pass... this will pass.. this will pass.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:19 AM   #5010

Doing an early morning dash through the threads to say...

I hope today goes well for all of you!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:20 AM   #5011

Thank you, Susan.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-08-2020, 04:24 AM   #5012
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, my crafty friends!

I got zero Easter cards made yesterday. Today will be the "have to" day. I doubt they will arrive on time if I don't mail them today. For one thing, I don't think they are delivering mail on Saturday anymore. Must mail today, must mail today, must mail today.
Ham is our usual Easter feast, but I will have to get out and shop if I want it this year. Think I will just do B-B-Que chicken in the oven and pinto beans and potato salad for Mother and Daddy and me. Maybe peach cobbler for dessert. The speaker seems to be going out on my computer which could make the viewing of our church service nearly impossible.

Kelly, I can just see Miss Alice cleaning up right behind you!! What a doll!

Susan and Jeanette, our town is asking anyone who needs to get out and about to wear a mask. I am trying my hardest not to get out and about. Today I will drive to the drop box at the post office and won't be getting out of the car so I think I'll be safe.

How's your neck, Shelly? Better, I hope!

Old 04-08-2020, 04:43 AM   #5013
Mad Swapper

Ooooo Jeanette must be busy busy busy. She rarely just dashes through.

Lynn yes you better get those card made. Remember those quick Easter cards I was going to have the kids drop off at the senior apartments. Well because of lock down they didn't do it in fact we never even got together to make them because of the lock down. I was thinking I might put a few together and take a walk through the neighborhood taping them to mailboxes. Our blocks are hilly in my neighborhood and there are only about 6 houses on each block 3 on each side. Yes we have large lots here so I figure if I just walk around the block I'd probably hand out 15 cards which is doable to make due to the simplicity of them. Now I have to get motivated too. Any motivation tips Lynn?
Ham is our choice as well as a side of Kielbasa but this year it'll just be a ham steak and no kielbasa. Sad. And no kids! Sadder. Oh well it is what it is.
Anybody else have Easter card making plans??
Old 04-08-2020, 05:09 AM   #5014
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Susan! I am about to head off to my CLEAN and NEAT table to begin manufacturing my cards. I love your idea of taping your cards to the mailboxes!!

Here is how I plan to motivate myself. I will cut and fold all the card bases. Next I will cut the front panels. I will then die cut the crosses I plan to attach to the front. Then I can start mass producing stamped flowers with one of my Tim Holtz platforms. I will finish the cards by attaching the cross and a sentiment banner. Off I go!

Old 04-08-2020, 05:25 AM   #5015
Mad Swapper

Welllll......way to go Lynn! I'll be cheering for you to reach the finish line! You would think I'd have a ton of mojo. All those cards I might puit on mailboxes are already cut, die cut, stamped, embossed. All I really have to do is slap them together. Hmmmmmm maybe after some coffee.........or after my salad lunch......or maybe after my nap...yes yes that might be it!!! After the nap!!! Good plan! heeheeheehee
Old 04-08-2020, 06:22 AM   #5016
Proud Fan Club Member

If I sit down to lunch with Judge Judy at 11:00, I'll be a goner until after my afternoon nap! Salad? Hum?? I think a tuna salad would be great today!

I have now reached the stamping stage! Wish me luck!

Last edited by allee's; 04-08-2020 at 02:32 PM..
Old 04-08-2020, 06:32 AM   #5017
Mad Swapper

Good Luck!!!!! Hmmmm tuna sounds good. We had smoked chicken salad yesterday. Ok I'm done need to remove body from sofa and get coffee!
Old 04-08-2020, 11:45 AM   #5018
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! Add me to the salad crowd - yum! Today was supposed to be Taco Salad using the leftovers from dd's fajita making yesterday. I was really looking forward to it, too! I make it (meatless) but they eat it with.

Jeanette is flying by - it's Wednesday, I'm pretty sure that's her 'date' day! Maybe her and dh piled into the car with Brock and had a treat - in a drive through

We had a BAD BAD morning - a clogged or burst pipe and water backed up in th
kitchen and laundry room/chrissy's room part of the house. I mean a
river of water cascading through . We have tile but it was HIGH. We called plumber after plumber and they are either 1. not
working due to coronavirus or 2. want emergency services fees. So Tony -
the only one working at his job - will try to leave and come home and
figure it out and THEN, if need be, call the ONE plumber that was honest. Everyone else was absolutely price gouging. Cross your
fingers we don't need one!
I mopped and mopped and sopped up all the water with every towel in
the house (thank you Florida sunshine for it drying it all so quickly - I
had to do it twice) and every towel in the house and the shop vac. Finally, my back has now given out. I moved furniture and shelving and I just can't do anymore. This makes me so sad!

*air hugs*

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 04-08-2020 at 11:49 AM..
Old 04-08-2020, 02:41 PM   #5019
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Kelly!! I am so sorry!! Cleaning up after something like that is just brutal. I would have to just sit down and cry adding more to the flood. I am praying that your talented husband can make the needed repair OR you can get an honest plumber!

I got all the cutting, embossing, and stamping done on my cards before I sat down and had lunch with Judge Judy. So when I woke up from my nap at 2:30, I had to put the rush on assembling and addressing my Easter cards so they would be delivered on time. I did end up getting 14 finished and down to the drop box at the post office 5 minutes before the last pick up of the day!

I am off to pop my supper in the oven and tune in to Jeopardy!

Old 04-08-2020, 02:45 PM   #5020
Mad Swapper

Oh no Kelly.................the last thing you needed was that! And then your back gives out? Do you mean literally as in real bad or just that its pretty sore? Back issues are no fun. I remember going through something similar way way back when I was in my 30's I think. Water everywhere in our basement. I felt like Sissy Spacek in the movie A River runs through it. Uggghhh horrible. Hope Tony is able to find a solution. Fingers crossed
Old 04-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #5021
Mad Swapper

Good Job Lynn...................I actually finished 10 of mine that I want to tape to mail boxes. Already sent all family Easter cards last week thank goodness. Judge judy comes on here at 4pm and Jeopardy is at 3:30. We are now waiting for Wheel of Fortune at 6:30. Happy eats! We're having smoked bbq ribs Jim had on smoker....Mmmmmmm
Old 04-08-2020, 03:32 PM   #5022

UGH! I am so sorry you had to deal with all of that today! Not a good day; not at all! (((HUGS)))

Way to go, Lynn... you made it! And I'm impressed! 14 cards. WOW! Yes, our governor is telling all of us to wear a mask if we go out and about... but since those are so painful for my emotions, I'm choosing to stay home with my two men. (Two Men and a Lady - well, that has a nice ring to it, but I'm not sure I'm anywhere near a lady.)

Susan, I'm sorry you and your grands (and their parents, too, of course) can't do Easter dinner together this year.

Nope, no lunch date today. We've not done that since Brock's been home from work. We're letting him pack his lunch and eat it at 11:30, each Monday - Thursday, just like he's going to work. It helps to keep him happy. He also gives me a dollar and a quarter at 9:45 each work-day morning (that came from his dad on Sunday night) and he gets to get a Sprite out of the refrigerator and a package of crackers off the shelf for his work-break. It's the little things. (Of course I'm making no profit on that because at the end of the week DH takes those 4 dollars and 4 quarters back and we do it all over again for the next week.)

Brock chose to have chicken noodle soup for supper tonight (WOW! There's still one can of Spaghettios on the shelf, but he chose the soup - I'm impressed). I think DH is going to get he and I a pizza in a bit. (Brock doesn't eat pizza.)

Susan, did you get your Easter cards made, too? I am sure you will bring smiles to the neighborhood.

Many meetings today - one after another after another. I'm beginning to think Zoom makes us too accessible to our state offices. I think I only have two tomorrow - we'll see if it stays that way.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #5023
Mad Swapper

Well Jeanette I got 10 out of 15 done today. Good enough for me since they don't need to be mailed just hand delivered to boxes. OMG Chicken soup??? It's a miracle! LOL Cute story about the $4 and 4 quarters. Sounds like you keeping up with his routine has made all this easier for him. Yeah I don't like being accessible so I'm Zoomless and don't even want to learn..lol
Old 04-08-2020, 09:05 PM   #5024
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Boo!

LOL, I have been MIA- just a pop in here and there! Neck has been better, and I was asked to make masks by medical people, so sorted through fabric, washed it and cut out masks. I have no elastic, so making fabric strips for ties..... aka bias strips....but not cut on the bias. The masks have a pocket in them for a vacuum cleaner HEPA filter to fit in, and that is cut and sewn to fit as well. It took me a bit to get the pattern down, and I cut out multiples. I only have 9done, but 7 out the door to people already- next sending some to my son....... who has a beard... he may have to shave..... The APN in my Pulmonologists office took one, she said they have one N95 mask for a week!

I have not stamped in about a week. I like that you are organizing Jeanette- I need to do that! Glad your trip to pick up food went well except for coffee stop.... Love the $4 and 4 quarters story! That is awesome!

Kelly, oh goodness, so very sorry about your plumbing issue- Oh Goodness, you need one more thing....NOT! I pray you find some peace in your week!

Susan, your poor little Grandson! I looked that up- never heard of it before, and it said it subsides by itself? Did he have to take antibiotics or anything??? My daughter is teaching from home, parents have behavior management and home management, and on top of their jobs, it is stressing some people out!

Lynn, hope your parents are doing well with the confinement- or Social Distancing! Way to go making all of those cards!!! Wow!

Monday was Ray's 60th. I made him Salmon and Katie did some decorating- she is fun to have around : ) It was hard to find the frosting for his German Choc cake, but finally got some! We have been doing alot of walks and today took a bike ride. We ran into so many friends!!! I came home and did a Religious Ed class on Flipgrid including a Kahoot game. I found a video on the Jewish Roots of the Passover, and it was so interesting I am using that for the lesson. I am hoping it is not over their heads.

I learned a few interesting things..... The Jews think that a Fig Tree that was the Tree of Life- and when Adam and Eve looked around (in their Shame) they found only fig leaves and sewed them to make covers. Well, I guess Fig leaves have an oil in them that is itchy- so that was the first penance for sin.....and, the way olives are prepared- getting squished, beat up and pressed (like Jesus) and Gethesme is also The Mount of Olives...... Olive Oil is used for annointing in Catholic sacraments like Confirmation! Holy Orders and Annointing of the Sick......
Also, the Passover lambs- used to be taken to a temple (the jews had to come to Jeresulam), their throats slit and the blood drained by a priest....then thrown on an alter....then washed down with water, so blood and water would flow out of the side of the temple...so when the soldier pierced the side of Jesus with the sword, and blood and water gushed out, it was significant to the early Jews..... When the lamb was killed, it was 'skewered' onto 2 pieces of wood- that were in the shape of a cross.... So when Jesus was crucified, he is now the Passover Lamb on the cross..... Lots more like that, but I thought the kids would find it interesting! Hope I did not bore you!

Hope to stamp tomorrow!
Waving hello- is anyone decorating for Easter???

Shelly

Last edited by mcschmidty; 04-08-2020 at 09:09 PM..
Old 04-09-2020, 02:34 AM   #5025

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Yesterday I rushed through, today I think I'll dance my way through --- sharing love as I go.

Susan, WOW! You make a bunch of cards, impressive! And yes, the Chicken Noodle Soup was a miracle. Oh--- I didn't tell you the fun Brock story from last Saturday. Remember, DH and Brock go out for a lunch of cheeseburgers and fries every Saturday, alternating between our only two choices here in town - McD's and DQ. The drive thru windows are open but of course no dining in, so this past Saturday they took their lunch to the park and were eating at a picnic table. The ducks know Brock so they came waddling over, knowing for certain he'd have something to feed them. They hadn't gone prepared to feed the ducks, but Brock is resourceful. He reached over and took one of his Dad's french fries (he wasn't going to part with his!) and fed it to the duck. My understanding is that Brock and the ducks both enjoyed some more of DH's fries.

Shelly, it is good to see you and to hear all that's going on. Funny thing you mentioned being MIA. I've been MIA on visiting your blog, for which I apologize. Oddly, my blog roll (which updates when people post) says you haven't posted for two months so I've not been going to look. Then by a fluke I happened to go there a day or two ago and I see you have been posting. Hmmmm... not sure why my blog roll thinks you aren't.

Lynn, I'm wondering what's the plan for today - since you cleared your table AND made all those cards, too.

Kelly, I hope you were able to get some rest after the horrendous day you had yesterday.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-09-2020, 04:12 AM   #5026
Mad Swapper

HELLO SHELLY!!!! Wow you have been busy. We don't have any masks here and unfortunately I don't know anyone who sews that I can beg to. I did see this on FB and thought ok I do have those! lol

Do you think I could pull this look off? LOL But seriously.......we really don't have any masks and have just used a winter scarf. Hoping that's good enough for our short trips to the grocery store.Loved hearing your Passover story and no I wasn't bored.
Happy Birthday (Belated sorry) to Ray.

Hi Jeanette...giggling. Brock is definitely resourceful and of course he would use dads fries. Thats the rule right? hahahahaha Love it.

So Lynn did you get to the P.O.? I might do my walk today....maybe lol.

Kelly did Tony fix the problem?

Have a great day
Old 04-09-2020, 04:20 AM   #5027

Susan, of course you could pull off that look.

Yep, not giving up my own fries is a Brock-ism.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-09-2020, 04:21 AM   #5028

Oh and funny thing here... now all of the ads on my screen are baby products. LOL! That doesn't normally happen, since I do not have any reason to shop for baby items.

Big brother is watching.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-09-2020, 05:50 AM   #5029
Mad Swapper

Ooooooooo......creepy!!! Must be Big Brother.

BTW Love the word "Brock-ism"!!!!
mcschmidty and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:18 AM   #5030
Proud Fan Club Member

Yea, for chicken noodle soup!! I love hearing all your Brock-isms, Jeanette! He is one precious boy!!

Susan, that mask looks more effective than a lot I have seen! What a hoot!!

Shelly, I bet your CE kids will love learning all those interesting facts about the Passover!! I know I find it fascinating!

Kelly, are you still swimming around your kitchen?? Hope all that is resolved by now.

I know most of you may not be into digis, but Power Poppy is having an awesome sale. You all know how I hate to color, but I couldn't pass up some of those gorgeous images!! I selected some that don't require a lot of coloring!

mcschmidty and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:25 AM   #5031
Mad Swapper

Hmmmmmm....look at Lynn trying to be an "Enabler" lol.
mcschmidty, allee's and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:35 PM   #5032
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Yesterday went from a beautiful mid 70's to a mid 30-40's! Its chilly and very windy. We got out on the bikes yersterday, today- just out to let the dogs play and get the mail! Brrr!

I got one card made today, I am not sure what my problem is- but need to make many more! No umph.......! No MoJo!

So sweet to hear stories of Brock- feeding the ducks with his dad's fries : )

Oooh, Lynn, I will drop by Power Poppy and take a look. Beautiful digi's!!!

Susan- goodness, that is quite a look- I am guessing it would be quite the barrier and your pic may end up on the internet somewhere if you wear that! LOL
Kelly- hope your flood issues have resolved!

We are now watching the Crown- very interesting and supposedly true as well!

Shelly
Old 04-10-2020, 03:20 AM   #5033

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Lynn, I didn't look. I wanted to, but I resisted temptation. I don't like coloring digis - my printer ink doesn't really like my Copics - so unless necessary, I avoid digis. I did snag a few free Coronavirus style ones in the past week or so just in case I decide I need a mask or TP themed stamp... but I've yet to use any of them.

Susan, yes... you nailed that one!

Shelly, the weather sure changed, didn't it? And we didn't even have a storm, which is usually why the Spring temperatures drop 30 degrees in a day, at least for us, that tends to be the reason.

Kelly, you're in my thoughts, too. (((Hugs)))

Okay, it's official! Brock's Mom is totally WACKO! See, I'd heard ducks like lettuce. Sooooo... it took some talking but I convinced Brock to take the outer leaves from the head of lettuce to the park (I'd normally throw those pieces in the trash). He gave me that look, but off he went with his Dad to feed his ducks. I'm just going to say - DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR! Brock's ducks did NOT like lettuce. They just turned up their beaks and begged for something else, a french fry perhaps. Spoiled ducks!

I can't tell you how happy I am. I've been having meeting upon meeting upon meeting (usually between 3 and 7 each day but Sunday) for the past 3 weeks. I am exhausted from thinking so much. LOL. I told my DH Wednesday night, I just like to have 3 days off to breathe. THEN... I was given a surprise gift of epic proportions! During my first of 4 meetings yesterday, we were told by our state women's leader that the offices are closed for Good Friday today (they're working from home, too, but keeping regular office hours).... so we were having NO meetings for the THREE-DAY weekend.

Woo Hoo!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #5034
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Good Friday! I made a yummy honey glazed salmon to celebrate and all the trimmings. They licked their plates. Dd made a banana-chocolate chip bread so we had that for desert (not me, that combo doesn't go well for me)

Tomorrow is the day!!!! If we don't get water/laundry done around here, I may move out! We shower at my moms and we share the one bathroom that works (dh rigged it so we wouldn't get completely miserable!) but we need. that. plumber! Tomorrow!

Shelly - we have a fig tree - what's this about poisonous leaves?? Yikes! I'll have to read up on it - we were told by a botanist/tree expert that it was even edible and to 'watch out for the wasps' - lol.

Lynn - I saw that sale, and several others, but I"m holding off on splurging anymore. I used my Dirty Girl code to shop til I dropped at a couple of companies in March before it expired - it was like Christmas here! I hope you enjoy your goodies!

Susan- LOL -that's a great look! Diapers come in great handy for a lot of things!

Brock and his ducks and fries - dh's, of course, it quite something! I'm glad the boys still get to get out - my daughter's job (at a restaurant) is still open and doing super. People still chose to eat out! They are going to be SLAMED for Easter orders and its' pick up only - no dine in anywhere in Miami - so she's packing order after order. People have been very kind and generous. It's her job until she graduates college (next month!!) and then .... well now we don't know.

Crazy times!

Hugs!!!!!
Old 04-10-2020, 06:11 PM   #5035

YAY for tomorrow. I'm thinking it can't come soon enough for Kelly's household.

Kelly, I've not been out to see it, but from what I hear the few eating places here in our town that stayed open (for carryout and/or delivery only) are doing well. But then we do live in a teeny tiny town and at least half of the choices are closed so if someone doesn't want to cook, there are only a few options.

What kind of work does your DD think she's wanting post-graduation?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-11-2020, 01:46 AM   #5036

It's early so I'm just going to peek in and say...

I hope you have a good day!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 04-11-2020, 06:15 AM   #5037
Mad Swapper

Well we just had a crappy day here. And I don't mean the weather. Now someone please tell me how when you have been quarantined can you possibly get a flu of some sort? That's right....full ..every 10 - 15 min ...for over 2 hrs of vomiting! And Yes unfortunately it was Nick. Thursday started out very typical...no excitement. Nick was in great spirits played all morning, ate lunch a boring PB&J but he liked it. Then went down for his nap. Got up all was fine AND THEN!!!!!! around 5pm started to put his fingers down his throat to make himself throw up. A normal occurrence if he has a sore throat or just feels nauseous. And then all heck happened. He was gagging vomiting for over 2 hrs. Then around 8pm fell asleep in the recliner and slept for 2 hours...woke at 10 and was happy as a lark. I slept on the floor in his room when we put him to bed just to be sure all was ok and it was. I on the other hand woke with a ton of ache and pains from the floor lol. Yesterday he was good, I was on ibprophen and all went well. Today no problems either. What the heck just happened thurs? It was crazy. I would have thought food poisoning but Jim and I eat exactly what Nick eats so thats a no.

Ok I'm done with the doom and gloom......now happy news.............

I get to see the kids today! Yay!! I can't touch them and technically they will be outside and I will be inside but still I get to see them. I guess the scheduled egg hunt at DS's work was cancelled so employees were able to bring home bags of filled eggs. So DS is going to come here, hide a bunch of eggs in the back yard and let the kids hunt them down while DH and I watch. At least some Easter activities can still be done for the kids. I told DIL that she should dress them up in their Easter cloths so we can think all is normal. lol Its kinda funny to think they will all be watching Easter service on tv in pj's tomorrow. So weird.

So what's the plan for your Easters? I know Kelly has a house full (lucky girl) but what about you others? We have a Ham steak some broccoli and cauliflower and a loaf of bread planned as our special dinner. Not the best but at least I have my ham even if it is just a ham steak lol.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:23 AM   #5038
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanette, you know I gave away all my Copic markers. The ink on my printer does not smear or run when I watercolor with my reinkers I was relieved to learn. Watercoloring is much more forgiving than Copic markers it seems.

Kelly, I hope the plumber is hard at work at your house this morning!! The only thing worse than no running water is no electricity, I think. Keeping my fingers crossed you are back is business before sunset!!

I am having trouble with the speaker on my monitor. I tried to hook up an external speaker yesterday to bypass the problem, but was not successful. Don't know what I am doing wrong there. Today I tried to swap out the entire monitor for my old one and had it down to the last connector when I discovered the last connection had the wrong configuration. Grrrrr! Probably won't be able to hear the Easter service from my church tomorrow. I need a visit from my son or future grandson-in-law to help with my technology issues. That won't be happening for a while.

Susan and Shelly, what are you girls up to this fine Saturday morning?

I am supposed to do a Zoom stamping technique class with one of my SU demonstrators, but with my speaker issues, I may have to be a visual learner. At least that is my preferred learning style! This will be my first Zoom experience. No camera on my computer so they won't be seeing me!! Jeanette, I am sure I would feel like Zoom was a curse, if I were you!! Enjoy your 3 days of freedom!!

Old 04-11-2020, 06:32 AM   #5039
Proud Fan Club Member

Looks like we were typing together this morning, Susan. How scary with Nick become so sick so quickly, but so thankful that it seems to have passed so quickly. If I had slept on the floor, I would have had to call the EMTs to come get me up. All my bones and joints would be unmovable!

Easter will be very simple here. As stated above, I doubt if my parents and I can watch our church service together. Daddy refuses to add Facebook to his computer and the sound on mine is so low that my parents won't be able to hear it. I will probably cook something special for us to share for lunch. Daddy had me buy a big bag of Twix with their groceries yesterday, so that will probably be our Easter treat.

So thrilled that you will be able to watch your grands hunt for their eggs!!

Old 04-11-2020, 05:17 PM   #5040
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends and happy pre-easter! It's been pouring almost all day here and we are hoping for clear skies tomorrow. Alice's little egg hunt is in our yard followed by L-inner - they wanted lunch, I wanted a dinner celebratory meal so we're having Linner, LOL She'll be dying her eggs and we have the egg hunt with the Golden Egg! I put $20 inside so now all the kids and dd's boyfriend all plan to get it - HEE HEE! I have some games planned as well. She's been gone since The Corona Flood but comes back for hours - she doesnt' want to be there or away from her Oma ♥ Today she helped me color - LOL. She ADORES colored pencils and has a little set of cheap crayola markers and a set of Mr. Sketch - is it me or do you want to stick those up your nose and sniff! YUM!!!!

And yes! We have water!!!!! It was a very easy fix and we are back in bid'ness! I've been climbing Mt. Laundry all afternoon and planning upcoming cards, most are cut out and ready to assemble. I've made a whole card - yes, one - and colored each day for The Daily Marker.

How did you like The Crown, Shel? My daughter watched it and this week we had a marathon and caught up with Good Girls and the Hunger Games series. I felt bad leaving her as she wanted me to watch it with her and have some popcorn - so I did ♥

Okay, time to finish meal prep for tomorrow ...

air hugs!