Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-25-2019, 05:42 AM   #4401
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Susan, Bye Susan!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-25-2019, 07:01 AM   #4402
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Can I get an AMEN!? I did get my 'Bux on the way home from dropping off the kid at 6 am! Tooooo early ....

especially since we got home at almost midnight last night!

Glad it's a short week!

Thanksgiving just got bigger here - that means a bigger, or second, turkey! As a vegetarian, let's just say MEH! But, onward ..... our table has gotten bigger by 4 .... extra mouths to feed. An elderly couple and 2 'strays' my kids are bringing home

CRUNCH TIME!!!

Hugs!
Old 11-25-2019, 08:03 AM   #4403
Proud Fan Club Member

I getting ready to head out to fight the mobs at HEB (Texas' renowned grocer). I am doing simple essentials this year like plain mashed potatoes, yeast rolls, tossed salad. The fancy stuff is falling to others this year.

Yes, Susan, the cleaning lady had plenty to do!! I'm going to have to sleep in a chair and not move for the next three days to keep it looking this good!! Hope you have arrived safely at your destination by the time you see this!

Jeanette, looks like you have upset Brock's apple cart with new plans for Thanksgiving. I know you all with have a wonderful time visiting with out of state family for a change.

Kelly, I know another turkey and another pot of beans will be no challenge for you!! Your home must always be filled with fun and joy. Your home and heart seem to always be open and welcoming to all!

Shelly, I know you are busy packing for your Virginia trip!! I hope it is a wonderful trip.

When I get back from the grocery store, I am putting up my Christmas decorations and then taking a friend to see Mr. Rogers this afternoon.

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 11-26-2019, 04:19 AM   #4404

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Since we're leaving for out-of-state early tomorrow morning and I'll not be back on SCS until next week, let me go ahead and wish you a...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kelly, I love that you include extras in your family Thanksgiving celebration. Most years we three are extras at the farm, and I can tell you that is such a blessing! We are made to feel welcome and even loved. You may not fully realize how very much you are giving to the ones you invite to join your family. Thank you!

Lynn, and look at you - fixing the needed items this year. What a treasure you are to the food ministry! I hope your rested well - sleeping in the car does not sound one bit comfy to me.

Waving to Susan (I know she can't see me) and Shelly (who is already traveling, I think).

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-02-2019, 04:17 AM   #4405

I hope each of you had a fabulous Thanksgiving. We did. It's December now - and time (past time actually) to start the home transformation for Christmas, so today will be busy unboxing beloved Christmas decorations and turning our home into the forest of my dreams.

Tis the season I love most!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-02-2019, 11:54 AM   #4406
Mad Swapper

We are back and Im hoping all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was great and we scooted out of town just in time as they had a huge snowstorm roll in Saturday night that dumped 12 inchs of white stuff. My sister said the power went out Sunday morning and was not back on until today around 11am. She is so thankful for the whole house generator he DH had installed when they built the house. I did a little decorating while I was up in her smaller cabin just so I could feel festive. I'll post some pics later.
It was nice to get back home though and I sure did miss the grands. We had a nice peaceful Sunday and I was able to enjoy a totally decorated house since we did all the early prep before we left. My sister is doing well now and it was next to impossible to keep her out of the kitchen. I swear it was like we were kids again arguing over the cooking detail. lol Got my cards in the mail today Yay!! Feeling ahead of the game this year.
Jeanette how was you Thanksgiving change up? Did Brock survive the change? lol
Lynn hope the house stayed clean enough for your holiday.
Shelly how was your trip?
Kelly...how fun to have extra people for dinner. I love a full house. Makes my heart beam!
Old 12-02-2019, 02:39 PM   #4407
Proud Fan Club Member

Glad to see you two make it back in fine fashion, Jeanette and Susan!! And to hear how much your sister is improving, Susan!! What a Thanksgiving blessing!!

My house stayed spic and span until something "fried" inside my dishwasher!! Then I had to quit using it and hand-wash all the dishes. Don't know if I want to invest in having someone look at it or just replace it. I'll probably decide that after the new year.

I got busy on a very simple Christmas card and got 40 of them whipped out today. I am still in my p.j.s though! With those 40 and the ones I have made throughout the year, I should be enough cards to get them mailed out in the next day or two.

Our Thanksgiving went pretty well! No one yelled, one one cried, no on threw a fit, and no one complained about the food. All in all, a very good day.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #4408

Hi Susan... Welcome home! I'm glad to hear you had a good trip and that your sister is doing well. Brock coped with the new Thanksgiving plan this year, but I think we'll all 3 be happy to stay home and go to the farm instead next year. My family has so much drama.

Hi Lynn... wow! 40 cards. That's amazing! In one day. I'm impressed! I'm thinking I'd want to have working dishwasher BEFORE next year though.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-02-2019, 03:10 PM   #4409
Proud Fan Club Member

I don't do much cooking or dirty very many dishes, Jeanette! Eating for one has its advantages!!

Old 12-02-2019, 03:20 PM   #4410

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #4411
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Monday, friends! I almost missed greeting you today! I hope everyone had a wonderful and FULL Thanksgiving! I tell you, I'm feeling my age - I almost called off Tgiving this year. I reached to pick up a basket of toys Wednesday heard a POP in my back and threw my back out - like screaming labor pain level. All night I couldn't take the pain or sit or lay or stand - and at 2:30 in the am, debated should I ask someone to take me to the ER. I sucked it up and wobbled around and had my daughter's help some but still ended up doing 85%. I want a merit badge! LOL! No black friday shopping - I did the last few peoples online! Awesome, AWESOME deals!

YAY for dishes and family and friends! Susan, welcome home! You are always missed.
It was nice to finally 'see' your hubby on FB! (at least I think that was him - you said he was next to your precious guy, Nick!)

Tomorrow is my mini me's birthday! 21! My girls are all officially older than 21 now - and it's just little man who's 'the baby!' We are actually celebrating both daughters (one is 21, and Alice's mama is turning 25 on the 8th) on Sunday since THEY are both busy and I have a VIP meeting tomorrow at the school - looks like little man is going to New York or Kentucky or somewhere next year and we get all the deets! And then there's daughter #2 who's bday is at the end of this month - and then Christmas!

You've probably seen by now the sad news of ours loss just at Thanksgiving. I do love our neighbors but they need a reality check with their dogs. Our family is still shaken and we are grieving - it was HORRIFIC to watch and not be able to do a darn thing. But He is mightier!

Hope everyone is doing well and I'll catch up - a few cards to crunch tonight and i'm almost certain I'll be in bed by 10! I could nt' get up this am to get The Kid to school. The alarm went off and OOOOOH how painful!

Hugs!
Old 12-02-2019, 07:03 PM   #4412
Mad Swapper

Oh no Kelly! Your back? I just finished with back pain...no fun for sure. Hope a little Icy Hot helps and some strong pain meds.
Yes that was my hubby with Nick. Boy those 2 had some mighty full plates LOL. Sounds like your celebrations have just started....Dec BDays! Busy busy busy. But Oh what fun it is to "Party"! Happy birthday to all. Yes I saw the news. Oh how I wish I could afford one of those . They have always been my favorite. Poor thing.

Lynn I'm one of those people who could live without a dishwasher. I use it only on family dinner nights just to keep the hoses/pipes lubed. I actually love washing dishes. Staring out the window watching the birds. For me it's my Zen time.

Jeanette...giggling over family drama. I know exactley what you mean. I think my family wrote the book on drama. CRAZY! heehee
Old 12-03-2019, 03:58 AM   #4413

Kelly, you and your family are in my prayers - both over the loss of Sunshine (such a horrific situation) and your back. With so much to do this month/season, it must make it even more difficult to take care of yourself but please try to rest your back as much as possible.

Susan, how funny about your family's book. My family must be some of their main characters in that book. Sheesh!

Waving to Lynn and Shelly!

I'll be gone all day today - I'm going to the nearby bigger town to deliver baby Christmas gifts and do some shopping while I'm there, too. DH is even planning to fix Brock's supper so I can stay gone as long as I need/want. How sweet of him.

I only got up one Christmas tree yesterday (and cleaned that room). The transformation will begin again tomorrow. Then Thursday I have to make two batches of soup for a small army (aka a meeting my DH is having at the office) and a cake/dessert, too. I have to do some work at the office on Thursday as well.

It sure sounds like I'm encountering a lot of interference my decorating, doesn't it?

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-03-2019, 05:23 AM   #4414
Mad Swapper

What a fun day you have planned today Jeanette. Mine is not quite as busy but it is family dinner night. The non drama family lol. Yes I'm quite sure some of your family members could be in my families book. Why oh why do they sweat the small stuff??? Though it does make for some interesting entertainment. heeheehee So sweet for dh to make Brocks supper. Love it when my dh pulls out the reigns so I can run a ton of errands and fun time without having to feel rushed. Enjoy.

Well like I said it's family dinner tonight. This year with spending it without the kids I got word from my eldest grandaughter that their Thanksgiving dinner was not like what Ama (me) has. No green bean casserole, no spoon bread, no stuffing. So we decided to have a mini Thanksgiving tonight but changed up the turkey (Ive had enough) to a ham but we will have all the trimmings. I also have to complete the gifts I'm making for my ladies group. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I'll show you all later. Also have a few special cards to finish.

Waving to Lynn, Kelly and Shelly!
Old 12-03-2019, 09:41 PM   #4415
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hello to all!!!

1800 miles on the car in a week- but the trip was fabulous! It was great weather, we had great family time and outdoor time and hiking and great visit to the Yorktown Revolutionary War Museum- hubby was over the moon to visit there! We beat the storms coming through Ohio on the way home and so happy to sleep in my own bed!!!

Our rental was a historic home and was so very cool- I'd love to go back and expore the area more! The stove was a 1950's Thermador and we made a Turkey in it- with a pale blue kitchen- I loved it!!!

Back in town, I have finally uploaded all of the SU stamps I have for sale- geepers- so many of them! LOL And, I uploaded them to 2 SU FB selling sites, one album was deleted as I did something incorrectly.....GRRRRR

I came home to a box of Simon Hurley inks- 12 in all- that I won. I had to make a card- he has a stamp set that looks like Charley Brown belting out the notes.... I so love it and the inks! The kid has a line with Ranger and is still in Hogh School! How fun! For a smile, check HERE

Lynn- wow- 40 cards in one day!!! You are a rock star! That is amazing. Nothing better than a day in ones PJ's!!! SOrry about the fried something in your doshwasher Lynn!!!

Kelly- so sorry about your bird, and also your back!!! Merit badge for sure!!! The faux snow day with Alice looked like it was a blast- what an angel!!!

Susan- glad you are back home and missed the snow! Good to hear your sis is doing better too!

Jeanette, Drama at a family event??? LOL We are having a family Christmas on the 21st. My sis is hostessing and I am off the hook- so not sure I will even put up a tree..... LOL since we are in Colorado for Christmas (12/27). I am looking around though and needing some Christmas decorations though..... It will be our first Christmas without the folks- so there will be an element of emotion I am sure. I have to get busy- I will sew up puillows using Mom's old clothes for my siblings. Dad was so very silly when he was not screaming.... and I am sure the white elephant will have a whoopie cushion or something inappropriate like that in his memory!!!

Nice to check in and hear all of your Thanksgiving stories!

Shelly
Old 12-04-2019, 03:55 AM   #4416

Susan, I'm sure your family enjoyed the Family Dinner Night Thanksgiving feast... and the sweet family time!

Welcome home Shelly! Yikes! I'm sorry one of your albums got deleted. Those selling sites on FB make me nervous. i sold 6 stamp/die sets (to get Christmas money for baby Serenity) but have been afraid to try to sell more. I will... when I have time to think/process better. Congrats on your win! What a fun Charlie Brown card! The family drama was the entire time we were there. Those people are a mess. (i must be adopted; I don't have those genes, right?)

Kelly, I hope you're doing better - gentle hugs heading your way!

Lynn, I'm sure you're busy as always... sending lots of hugs your way, too!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:07 AM   #4417
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello friends! LOVING this cooler 'dip' in the weather for us - dh, of course, has a jacket and gloves! It's 50* He does not like the cold so for him, he's miserable and I'm in shorts and flip flops still!

Thanks for your sweet comments! I am LOVING LOVING LOVING being an OMA! We had a fun snow party for a distraction and it was very DIY and very on the fly! Who knew cardboard could be so useful! (thank you online Amazon Christmas shopping, LOL!) She's my sidekick and I just can't get enough of little Alice ♥ She's a hoot!

I've been dealing with my back and cluster migraines for the past few days and just really want to sleep for days and days but I can't even sit without needing to be here or there. Ay yi yi! I need a vacation!

Shell - congratulations on the win! I love SH! He's such a bright and talented young man. I've been following him since he was 13-14 and doing little youtube videos! Now he's in his senior year and signed by so many companies. I love your stamp set - super cute! I won his giveaway in the summer - 2 stamp sets, inks and something else.......... a stencil! I'm ashamed to say I hvaen't even opened it yet.

I desperately need a crafty space, I am at my wits end. I am at the table and have to constantly - I mean CONSTANTLY - take things back and forth from different areas, including our bedroom where they dont' belong, lol. Any suggestions? There was a small area where i set up my long IKEA table but w/ Tgiving, it was moved and now with Cmas and the tree, it can't go back. I can't leave it outside and there isn't a small space anywhere in this house except for the back living room where Alice plays But the second she sees ME ... it's game over. It has me with no mojo, and I'm in a serious crafting funk. My mom suggested I take a break until after the holidays but even then, Alice finds me - LOL! SHe's learning to say a few words together (I wouldnt' call them sentences just yet but DANG, she is SMART!!!) She says "Ma. MAAA. MAAAAAA! (soort for Oma) Bahhhh!" (back, as in come back!) She cracks me up!!

I had an incident with the FB buy/sell ........ I've had a good experiences up until now! This lady hounded me to the ends of the earth - all hours of the day. She was aggressive and abusive to the point where i finally turned to the mods, I was so dumb founded. They were SO KIND!!! They not only dealt with her, but she ended up being kicked out of the group. I felt bad for that, but she was out of control. And then kept messaging me after and I had to block her. Sometimes you get one of those buyers! I did make some nice profit selling there though - squirreling it away for an upcoming trip!

Back to pick up in a little bit and I still have to sweep and mop - Alice is napping, of course!

Hugs!

Old 12-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #4418
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Yikes- Kelly- that is scary! How sweet and blessed you are to have this time, but hard as well! Oh your poor back! I would love some 50's- we had sunny and 40 something today and it was delightful! And, so sorry about your bird! And, the snow party with Alice- how fun! I loved the pics you posted!!!

Jeanette- I am sorry you had drama. That is so not enjoyable! Did Brock pick up on it at all? How many trees will you put up this year?

(I am trying not to get caught up in family drama for Christmas. I asked everyone to have a family gathering- everyone is coming- have not heard from my brother from Mass. yet..... the one from Texas has plane tickets and the Ky family is driving. ) My sister- who loves about 20 minutes from here will hostess : ) Which is awesome. She has a block of hotel rooms and the out of towners will stay together but have theor own rooms. We will stay at our house, but will visit the family, possible go to the hotel to swim.

Susan- your card is beautiful!!! Thank You! I have to get a few more Christmas cards done and sent out! Glad to hear your sister is better!!!

Lynn, are you almost done with Christmas cards for you??? We do not use the dishwasher much either- I cook, Ray does the dishes! When he is really busy, I do them : )

I have been packaging and running to the PO with packages- almost to $200..... One lady asked me to unmount stamps- she ordered so much, I was happy to! I love so many of the sets, just no room...(Kelly don't look- I have a bedroom full of crafting stuff and it is bursting at the seams as I have never really destashed until 18 mos or so ago)........ Nice to be able to close the door.....
I did not relist on the site that deleated my album, but on another site and it has been great so far. But, having listings on 2 sites, you have to check in and update everything- sure! I am glad the items will go to be loved by crafters!

Happy Hump day!!!
Shelly
Old 12-04-2019, 07:37 PM   #4419
Mad Swapper

Shelly it sounds like you have awesome family plans for Christmas. Glad you liked the card.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:57 PM   #4420
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly - aw shucks about the album! I know you probably put so much work into that and poof! Hugs! I know the rules are hard at times - especially with more than one board that allows this or doesn't allow that! I am still SMH at the whole deal or no deal thing! And thanks - yes, the lady was quite psycho. I was going to politely ask her not to buy from me ever again (before blocking her) but she was bumped out so it worked out!

And thanks - it's been bittersweet. Alice LOVED the birdie, and vice versa. She would go out in the morning and make a clicking sound to call Sunshine, who would pop out of the tree for her bfast or to say hello to her. I'm still teary eyed. It was horrible.

We have a tree! At the last minute, dh decided we're getting a real one - and since it's Christmas at the Cabin, I'm keeping it very sparse. My entire family thinks I'm nuts! But it's a tradition and that's the theme and a theme is a theme, ROFL!

Susan - yummy smorgasboard! Look at you - making all that yummy food again!
Old 12-05-2019, 03:32 AM   #4421
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly, I am so upset about the loss of your beautiful bird!! I know how much you all will miss it, especially Miss Alice when she goes out each morning to greet the day. Hugs to you all!! Christmas at the Cabin sounds great!! Throw a few pine cones and red bows on the tree and call it done. Maybe a string of popcorn or two! What fun!!

Shelly, I think I was looking through that folder of yours that disappeared!! I was eyeing several of the sets and jotting down names but had to head out for an appointment. When I had time to look for it again, it was gone. I am glad to hear you sales are going well!!

Jeanette, how many trees have made it up so far? I have had to struggle with many of my favorites having to stay in boxes since my tree is only 6 feet tall this year. Many of my old favorites will no longer fit. But decorating was a breeze this year. I took the sheet off the decorated tree and rolled it out to its place in front of the window. Draped the garland around the double window and hung the stocking there like a fireplace. I was finished in 20 minutes!!

Susan, I know your family loved their family dinner night with all of their Ama Thanksgiving favorites!! I'm sure that they relished every bite!! How wonderful you are to them!!

After I get caught up with my blogging this morning, I will be slapping labels on my Christmas card envelopes and getting them in the mail!! I finally have more than I need for this year.

Then I will be going out to lunch with friends. Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Old 12-05-2019, 03:57 AM   #4422

Kelly, I'm pretty certain you are the coolest Ama in Florida... that snow party looked so creatively fun! It is no wonder your precious Alice causes a "game over" when she sees you. She is anxious to spend time with her Oma and you with her!

Shelly, I'm glad sale are going well so far. I was wondering how it would, since so many are spending their money on Christmas right now. I guess that doesn't stop die-hard stampers, though. About the family drama - it's going to happen almost daily. LOL! I should be used to it, right? I'm glad I don't live a block away from my parents like my sister does. Brock doesn't seems to be troubled by it, for which I'm thankful. (I guess it's so normal he doesn't know any different, which is sad.)

Susan, you were so quiet. Everything okay?

Lynn, you are my hero - decorations up, cards ready to mail. WOW! I'm pathetically slow this year.

Today is going to be super busy - I'm making lunch for about 16 preachers. EEK! And I'm meeting with a man from our state convention for some help with technology stuff that eludes me.

We are still a one Christmas tree household (and have lots of unopened Christmas decoration boxes scattered throughout the home). I spent way too many hours on my job yesterday. I wanted to "unearth" the many questions I'll have for the state convention man and the only way I knew how to make sure I didn't miss something was to work through the processes to see what I need to know. Such a huge learning curve, but so far I'm liking my job.

I also spent a lot of time yesterday working on my 2020 mission trip.

Here's wishing you all a great day!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-05-2019, 04:15 AM   #4423
Proud Fan Club Member

What's in the pot for the 16 preachers??

Old 12-05-2019, 04:23 AM   #4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by allee's View Post
What's in the pot for the 16 preachers??

Two kinds of soup - Potato Soup and Vegetable Beef Soup
Fancy Crackers
Cheese and Crackers
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Tea/Coffee and other Beverages

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-05-2019, 04:39 AM   #4425
Proud Fan Club Member

These guys are going to be happy campers, Jeanette!!

Old 12-05-2019, 07:00 AM   #4426
Mad Swapper

Boy I was so busy yesterday and barely had time to sit and now I'm thinking "What the heck kept me so busy?" Uggggg I forgot already. Oy Vay! I do remember I was making my list for cookie baking day which is Saturday. My DIL and NIL and sister come over and we get both ovens cooking. No kids around cuz we make the "Daddy's" take care of them so we get ALOT done. I still haven't decided which ones I'll be making but I'm sure we will end up with 10-14 different kinds. We also fill a platter for the firehouse. A tradition we started when Tori was 2 and she has delivered the cookies every year since. Tho nowadays Bryce and Claire join in the delivery.
Today is just me and Nick. Jim went on a field trip with Tori and her classmates. He's in charge of 10 girls with 1 other chaperone. I'm LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF!!! Anyway they are going to Enchanted Castle for arcade games and lunch then off to Drury Theater for Mary Poppins. Toris invite to Apa was so cute. Conversation went kinda like this....................
(Tori) Apa......there's this play I really want to see and my school needs adults to go with but its $100 I want you to go but it's ok if you can't find the money You always say Ama has money maybe we could get her to pay you.
(lol she says all this in one sentence and breath. Kids! lol)
(Apa).......I dont think money is really an issue but do you really want an old man to go?
(Tori)....Yes I really want you to go with me and they's don't ask your age on the form!

Hysterical but maybe you'd have to be there cuz now when I read back what I wrote, I'm thinking it's not as funny as I thought. Oh well. I never claimed to be funny. (Even tho everyone else thinks I have a screw loose) heeheehee

Well gotta get that baking list together!
Jeanette have fun making soup sounds yummy. Lucky guys.

Lynn have a great luch with friends.

Hi Shelly and Kelly
Old 12-05-2019, 07:04 AM   #4427
Mad Swapper

Lynn....pertaining to kids hitting the road running to Ama's house...last night soo cute Claire put up a fuss when her folks said it's time to go home. SO I went over to put her boots on and she says...."Ama I want to day wit chew" in a whinny little voice. So adorable. Melted my heart. (But not enough for me to let her stay LOL!)
Old 12-05-2019, 07:06 AM   #4428
Mad Swapper

Oh btw I did not miss type the day wit chew. Thats eactly how she says Stay with you heeheehee
Old 12-05-2019, 09:31 AM   #4429
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello friends! LOVE Love LOOOOOOOOOVE that it's still cooler here! Even Buddy, our JRT, has a new spring in his step on his walk. He's just like his mama- loves the cold!
(and by cold I mean it was in the 40's when I left this am, LOL - WOOHOO!)

Jeanette, I don't know about the coolest but definitely the tiredest and achiest, ROFL!
My back screams every time she wants 'ups' but plowing through. My daughter is sick and still doing so much and I dont' want her to give that to Alice! She has chicken soup in the crock pot that she made this morning - you two were on the same wavelength! WTG for making the pastor's christmas luncheon - sounds delectable!

The kid had a BIG math test today and he got an A- so I'm going to take him with a lunch to Chipotle! (not a fan me'self, lol but he does love it) I crossed my fingers for Panera Bread but texted him 'anywhere you want' and that's his choice!

So - we got a Charlie Brown tree! My daughter HAD. TO. HAVE. IT. It was her turn this year to pick and she saw 'the one' -with a sideways stem and bald spots through-out that even when the branches 'fall' it will NOT fill in, LOL! Oh it's so sad! BUT, I started looking at it in the quiet of the night - as I often do ... sit and ponder because i. cant. sleep ...... and behold! It looks a lot like a cabin style tree that you find in the woods and hack it down and drag it back! So in the end, it's perfect!

Susan, how sweet that Claire-Bear wants to stay wit chew! She's a cutie!! You are such an amazing mom and Ama - so much to juggle especially with Nick . Big hugs, mama! And Im' DYING at your Tori-hubby story! That's a riot! I'm SO SO glad they don't ask ages on the forms, lol - I'd be ....... fibbing I hope they have fun and Jim survives a day out with his gaggle of girls! I hope he gets photos for you

Lynn - yay on your Christmas cards and labels! You are on fire! I'm so far behind, I may end up with ecards this year! I will try this weekend but The Kid has a scout bike maintenance merit badge class and I'm babysitting for my daughter since it's her birthday Sunday - her husband is taking her to some fancy schmancy dinner and I get ALICE! ♥

Hi Shelly!
Old 12-06-2019, 04:27 AM   #4430

Lynn, the guys did seem pleased with their lunch.

Susan, your stories are priceless! I think I'd have caved when Claire said she wanted to stay wit chew! We'd be having a sleepover for sure. And how sweet was that conversation between Tori and her Apa. What a precious memory! Yum for cookie day! I know you ladies will have a great time and then you'll share the fruits of your labor with others. Sweet!

Kelly, congrats to your son on the test score - and I'm with him on choices of celebration! And your fun Alice time is a joy to read about. (I'm sorry your back isn't feeling better, though!) The luncheon yesterday went well. They were meeting and we just provided lunch. The pastors/families Christmas dinner is next week. EEK! A week from tomorrow. I'll be baking all of the desserts and doing the ham and veggie. We have someone else doing the potatoes, mac and cheese, salad and rolls. And we're buying fried chicken. The last count, we have about 40-45 planning to attend. Hmmmm... I also need to put up the tree at the office and decorate the tables.

Each year I plan some simple something for the kids to do at our Christmas dinner - we usually have about a dozen kids. One year we did a photo booth. Another year, it was selfies with elfie. This year I've decided I'm just going to put the lights on the large rotating Christmas tree and have a bucket of shatterproof ornaments for them to put on it plus a few simple Christmas ornaments they can make and put on it, as well as paper chains. Obviously, the top of the tree won't get decorated that way but that's okay. If they have fun doing it, that's the main thing.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 12-06-2019, 04:53 PM   #4431
Proud Fan Club Member

When I got home from mailing cards to you guys, I found the silver stars that were supposed to be on them still on my desk. Oopps! Sorry about that.

I want to stay wit chew, too, Susan!! Great food, fun and games for all!! What could be better!!

I guess our cool weather headed over to you, Kelly. We are in the 80s again!! A little winter would be nice for a change, but I may have to start throwing packing peanuts snow around the yard!! LOL!! Loved your fun snow party!!

Jeanette, sounds like the luncheon you served this week is a perfect dry run for next week's festive feast!! I do believe the kids will love making ornaments and decorating the tree!!

Shelly, I hope the sales are still rolling in!! You have some great stuff that many will want, I am sure!!

I have an out of town funeral tomorrow. Need to get some sympathy cards done tonight.

I can't go into Tuesday morning without picking up a fun craft item or two. Today it was some Graphic 45 Christmas paper and 3 adorable House-Mouse stamps.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:38 PM   #4432
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! Still trying to get the tree lights and decorated - its' still NAKIE!! Eeeeeeep! And tomorrow is birthday #2 - Alice's mama is a big 2-5!

Lynn, we were in the same place buying the same things! I went to TM today and ended up leaving with 4 House Mouse ($2.99 - can't beat that!) and an entire series of Crate Paper for a project (the paper, gems, washi tape, etc) It's a gorgeous pastel-y snow and cocoa theme - was happy they still have it all there! And a Gina K case for all the glues I bought way back when! I dropped mine and it cracked. And lastly, a beautiful burlap garland I saw - they were all still there, I bought 2, came home and it's too thick to hang the stocking for 'Cabin Christmas!' so tomorrow I have to figure out where else to put it YAY for finding your stars!

I found some Norweigan themed stockings that look like authentic cabin style 'we hung up our socks!' as stockings so that needs to get done. Unless I rent out Jeanette's families and they can just come over here when they are done with yours at the church! I'm glad your luncheon went well and good luck with the one coming up!

Susan - THANK YOU!!! Your Cmas card arrived and it's just beautiful! I love the plaid! It's already hung up on my 'garland of love' in my tiny little corner by the table! You are so talented - keep getting your craft on!

I just learned that Alice is staying here for the weekend instead of going to the other grandparents - eep! I was banking on that time to get so much done ... oh boy! (or girl! LOL) I peeped at a cute craft on Pinterest that is my next project for her - kinda like a reverse whack a mole and I'm going to hide small presents inside! Box, tissue paper, very DIY - like her snow party, right up my alley!

Big hugs to all!
Old 12-06-2019, 11:49 PM   #4433
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hello,
One of these days! I am out in left field, slept until noon! Oh boy! I had to be at church at 3, got there at 3:50, but got errands done after that and made a fabulous dinner!

I have an ATC Christmas luncheon (at 2PM) tomorrow, and I am making 'stitching/embroidery ATC's. The group is not thriving, and a couple of the ladies are trying to do CPR on it! I am out of town for so many of the meetings this past year, I have to keep my thoughts to myself about it and go with the flow!

Oh Susan. Those kids- the Grandpa comversation- pulled his heart right of his chest, didn't she? And, Claire....how sweet is that!!! I stay wit chew- there would go my heart, and I am with Jeanette- would be having a sleepover! LOL Or, maybe be like Kelly and that baby be living with me!!! LOL God Bless you both!!!

Jeanette- the lucheon with soups sounds great, and the fun idea to make and decorate a tree- hope it will keep the kids busy and engaged!

Kelly-Praying for speedy healing for your back!!!! so are you off to Tennessee to a cabin again for Christmas? Do you go back to the same cabin or general area, or explore different areas?

Lynn, I laughed out loud at your unveiling of an already decorated tree.... I so love that idea! You are amazing to have all of your cards done! I have to go through my stack of cards and sort out the Christmas ones.

I impulsively listed a thread holder/rack on Marketplace tonight. It is beautiful with tilting shelves and all, but I do not use it. It was sold in an hour. I think opening our home up and having an estate sale would be easier..hehehe Since the big time of the sewing community $$ spending is in the Spring before Easter, I am going to destash all of the sewing/smocking stuff in the spring.

Is everyone done shopping (No)!!!??? I did find a silly game for our party- my Mother always had games for us to play. It is an inflatable antler hat and rings you toss to hook onto the antlers : ) I bought 2 so we could have 2 teams. It will be funny. The other game I plan on doing is- have each adult tell me three facts about themselves, and have the kids figure out which fact goes with which person- will get people chatting- doesn;t that sound like fun???

Hugs to all
Shelly
-
Old Yesterday, 04:35 AM   #4434

Lynn, I am sorry you have a funeral to attend today. YAY for great finds at TM though. I wish I lived closer to one; I'd pop in and see what I could find - if you and Kelly left anything.

Kelly, will you be my grandma? What fun things you plan for sweet little Alice! I have a naked tree, too - but it's progress. Until yesterday, I only had one up.

Shelly, how fun to have the family playing Christmas games - bonding and competing, too! Look at you with your marketing skills, racking up the sales. Impressive!

Susan, I received your beautiful Christmas card yesterday. Thank you! It is proudly displayed on the card display in my Play Room.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old Yesterday, 05:20 AM   #4435
Proud Fan Club Member

I think I'll head back to TM this afternoon and get the plaid, fur trimmed tree skirt for my tree. They have Christmas for 25% off and my tree skirt is over twenty years old and pretty tattered looking!! Did you see it, Kelly!! It would be perfect for your naked cabin tree!!

Shelly, I am NOT done shopping!! I have barely started with less than 3 weeks to go. I need to kick it into gear. I did get 4 sets of towels for my oldest granddaughter at TM last night. Now on to the rest of her list. Still waiting on lists from her mom, dad, and sister. That antler game sounds like there will lots of laughter and fun at your Christmas!!

Jeanette, you might need to try a department other than crafts at TM. Seems Kelly and I (and my sister) keep ours pretty picked over.

Yes, Susan, your pretty card arrived here as well!! It is in my Christmas card sleigh with the other 3 cards I have received so far.

Old Yesterday, 05:25 AM   #4436

Lynn, Lynn, Lynn.... is there ANY department other than crafts???

BTW, my shopping (other than Brock and a couple more things for DH) is finished... well except some food items I'll get closer to Christmas to put in the stockings with the other stuff.

Find Me on Instagram

Old Yesterday, 05:36 AM   #4437
Proud Fan Club Member

Show off!! LOL!!

mcschmidty and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #4438
Mad Swapper

You guys are all so funny. Glad you all liked your card..And you all need to stay out of TM! At least Lynn and Kelly should! lol. I have not been to mine since spring. Its not horribly far but I'm just to lazy to go for the drive. Well I may not be done shopping but I am done with cookies. OMG...what a day today was. The girls and I made 72 dozen. Yes I said 72 dozen. I AM SO TIRED!!! We started at 9:30 this morning and had those 2 ovens baking til 7:00pm. Its like cookie overload here. We made 2 trays for the firehouse that my grandkids will deliver on Tuesday. We do this every year except it's usually 1 tray. But we baked so much today we could definately afford to give them 2 trays.

And here's the trays for the firehouse.

Its been quite a day. Now I'm going to go sit and watch a Hallmark movie. LOL
Old Today, 05:49 AM   #4439
Proud Fan Club Member

That is so AWESOME, Susan!! Christmas baking - check!! Done, done, and done!! Makes me want to get busy on some cookies!! Eating - not cooking! LOL!!

Old Today, 03:14 PM   #4440
Mad Swapper

Lynn it's no fun if you don't taste. LOL Just don't eat all of them!