Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #401
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Quickly dropping in to say hi! It has been nutty here! Mom and I are both sick with an upper resp virus. Mine turned into asthmatic bronchitis.....Mom sounded horrible and of course, wheezing started for both of us Friday nite...... when no docs in their offices. Mine is one of those situations where I know what to do.... Mom does not have asthma....so luckily, I had some of dad's old steroids...LOL plus nebulizer and an oxygen finger meter....so that kept us from the ER... We went into the doc(s) today. I was scolded....if someone does not have asthma, NO steroids..... oh well, we are getting better and no harm

Colonoscopy was fine- found polyps, so 5 yrs repeat. I had a quick prep, not too horrid- not the awful liter of nasty liquid. Upper scope to do a couple tests.

Will catch up more tomorrow!

Shelly
Old 02-21-2017, 06:39 AM   #402
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Inky Friends!

I'm sorry I'm tardy today - I've been up since 5:00, but DH got home last night at 11:00 and he woke early this morning, too (*shock) so we've been chatting. We had a lot to tell each other... and might still be chatting except he's decided he needs to shower and go to the office.

Well, shucks, Lynn... guess I'll have to do my own laundry then.

Kelly, I'm glad your family is well again! YAY!

Shelly, I'm so sorry to hear you and mom are both sick. Get well hugs and prayers heading your way! Glad the colonoscopy resulted in good news.

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-22-2017, 03:48 AM   #403
Proud Fan Club Member

How scary for you and your mom to both be so sick, Shelly! I am happy to hear that you are both doing better.

Jeanette, I know you enjoyed all the time you and your husband had to swap stories and catch up! I image he had some remarkable things to share about his mission trip.

I will be spending the weekend at my son's house. He and his wife traditionally host an Oscar party and we all watch together. Friday and Saturday we will try to see a few more of the films we haven't seen which are nominated. I have to prepare the pass around trophy and cash prize which goes annually to the person who guesses the most correct winners.

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 02-22-2017, 04:00 AM   #404

Lynn, the Oscar party sounds like so much fun! I hope you'll have a great time... and a safe trip, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-23-2017, 03:40 AM   #405

Well, today IS the day. I have the last little bit of stuff to get ready - and need to pack my carload of supplies, room decor, etc, too - as I head out bright and early tomorrow morning for our first of 4 VBS Workshops. This is going to be so much fun!!!

That being said, I won't be on SCS for the next 3 days. If I don't pop in again later today, I'll see you again on Monday... Have a GREAT weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-23-2017, 03:52 AM   #406
Proud Fan Club Member

Wishing you safe travels and a fabulous workshop, Jeanette!

Old 02-23-2017, 04:28 AM   #407

Thank you, Lynn!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-23-2017, 06:44 AM   #408
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, friends!

Seems I catch up, then fall behind - lol. In my crazy busy life, often something has to 'give' and it tends to lean more towards the computer but I will not give up! I won't wave that white flag!

I love yall! ♥

Lynn, your posts are always so cheerful and upbeat and positive vibes flowing - you are an amazing woman!

Jeanette - VBS will be here in a blink! We are all signed up as leaders again this year - fun theme! - and my son is SUPER EXCITED becuase he's 12 and in 7th grade and the first year he gets to 'assist' and not just 'attend' - big boy jump! LOL!

Aw shucks, I missed Susan! I hope your trip is going wonderful and you are able to get in some sights and relaxation.

And Shelly - bless your (and mom's) heart! I'm sorry to hear that but glad she is in good hands with you to keep a close eye on her!

We had some horrific rain storms yesterday - lasted ALL DAY! I had to drive in it to pick up the kids and it was just terrible. Today is overcast and I'm seeing no sign of rain so whew! I'm planning to stamp for a bit since I'm all caught up on the house/laundry/etc!

Hugs!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:39 AM   #409
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Good morning ladies! I wanted to peek in early today, have late night duty at church tonight from 12 midnight-1AM......

Less coughing, but still at it. 2 more days of steroids for me. The doc said the cough lingers 2-8 weeks, but is caused by a virus. Doc said it has not been cold enough here to kill off the mold spores, and if winter continues to be like this, allergies will be horrid this year for those who have them...

I hope you all have a fab day! Gotta get a move on- have Bible Study to get prepared for. I am taking Mom to a card class tonight (guess the evening class is a little slower moving than the AM class). The class is called fun folds.

I am organizing more in my creative space. It is finally coming together a bit better. I still have stuff to move up from the basement, but at least I can get an idea of where it will go. Mom had daycare yesterday and I was really able to buckle down while she was there : )

Lynn- sounds like a really fun idea to have an Oscar party. I have to look up and see what/who is nominated this year. I know La La Land- Mom and I did see that one with my daughter, but not sure how many others I will have seen. I do think Jimmy Kimmel is funny, so look forward to seeing him on the show too.

Kelly- glad you are back on your feet and no white flags have surfaced! LOL Crazy with how bugs fly from one to the next in a home- Mom has to keep fingers crossed NOT to get sick!!! When my kids were younger- I am the one they always chose to throw up on.....never Ray!

Jeanette and Susan- safe travels!

In my organizing phase here, I ran down to Michaels and got my Mother one of those rolling 3 tier carts- she has a zillion pencils and markers and coloring books. We keep them right in the kitchen by the table/window. She is so shocked to see them all in one place! (To see how many markers and books she has : )

Have a great day ladies!!!

Shelly
Old 02-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #410
Proud Fan Club Member

I've got to know, Shelly! What goes on at your church from midnight to 1 a.m.?

MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:15 AM   #411
Proud Fan Club Member

Great to see you, Kelly!! I'm into laundry myself today! What fun!

Old 02-24-2017, 07:24 AM   #412
Proud Fan Club Member

HI Lynn! Laundry in our family of 6 is NEVER done! Especially with two asthmatics in the family - dust is a no-no

And I wondered about Shelly, too! We have midnight mass but only during the holidays - or the church 'sleep in' for the teens ... but I'm thinking it's neither of those

When is Susan due back? We miss you, Sue!

I'm sure Jeanette is enjoying her trip, too - teaching the VBS vibes ♥

I did some stamp reorganizing yesterday - trying to figure out what to keep, what to purge - that's always hard! Since I'm limited on storage and space, I have to organized them by most used and let the older guys come back around as well. IT's been fun finding stamps I'd long forgotten about!

Sending hugs and sunshine to all!
Old 02-24-2017, 08:13 AM   #413
Proud Fan Club Member

Just got finished packing for the weekend. It's 90 today and expected to be 70 tomorrow. Hope I have the right clothes!! Think I will throw in a short-sleeved shirt or two to be on the safe side! I head out in about an hour.

I need to take my dog over and get him settled at my mom's before I leave.

I just went through a big reorganization, too, Kelly, bringing some of my old favorites back to the front. I need to get rid of a bunch, but seem unable to part with most of them. I want to focus on expanding (???!!!) my sentiments collection.

I think Susan said she would be gone for about 10 days.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #414
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Lynn - you're going to have a wonderful time at the Oscars party. Such a fun theme! I seem to remember a card you made in the past or maybe it was some pictures that you posted Smart to take alternate wardrobes!

Our weather is wacky! Yesterday was sweltering hot and today nice and cool and breezy and gorgeous! And how sweet of your mom to watch the pup while you are away ♥

Lynn, I am in love with your chickie card on your blog! What a fun image! I did go look at that set - my friend Barb is a WONDERFUL SU champion and goes to amazing card classes has me taking a closer look at SU! again I was on a buying hiatus and following the "use what ya got mantra' but sometimes a stamp/set just speaks to me! Years ago, I made a pact with myself that I would not hoard - if I didn't use it, it had to go! I even sold over 100 sets on Craigslist and they went to a very loving home of a grandma that wanted to stamp with her 15 y/o granddaughter - how sweet! We kept in touch for a good while and she would text me pictures of her cards ♥

Now the only thing I'm purging are the HUGE bulky wooden stamps that I really don't have the space/time for and they went off to my son's Boy Scout garage sale - a big box that I've collected over the years at LSS sales and clearance bins!

Have a great weekeend!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 02-24-2017 at 09:33 AM..
Old 02-25-2017, 07:01 PM   #415
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Lots of fun travel going on! Jeanette, Susan and Lynn- have a safe and fun trip to all!

We had a lazy day, feeling a little draggy today. I had lunch with friends, then ran a couple of errands...and took it easy tonight. We called my brother via Facetime, (the one in Rockwall Tx) and chatted the night away.

We have a chapel at church that is open 24 hours a day called the eucharistic adoration chapel. The doors are open 6-AM-6PM, and you need a key fob for the 6PM-6AM time slots, but we still try to have 2 people there. I am generally there all alone....12 midnight-1AM each Thursday noght/Fri AM. It is a wonderful, still time- fabulous hour for devotion. You can drop in any other time as well.

Tomorrow, it is going to be back up to 48 from low 30's today- we had a few snow flurries today, but nothing stuck.

Happy weekend to all!
Shelly
Old 02-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #416
Proud Fan Club Member

HI all! What a weekend - we are finally sitting down
Friday night right after school, I took little man to Fuddruckers (oh how he LOVES their burgers and chicken sandwiches!) and then straight to the house where the Boy Scout community garage sale was to sort, box, unbox, plan, price! Finished at nearly 10 pm ......

Up at 5:45 the next morning to be there by 6:30 - it started at 8 and people were already going through things at 7! We worked in the merciless sun until about 1, made a ton of money for the Scouts which they will all divide up by how many hours they worked and it goes towards paying for camp this summer ... a week in the Georgia mountains doing white water rafting and other adventures! So these little events all help defray that cost considerably! I got home and just crashed - and today is an after effect of that, lol. I could barely get up for church!

Shelly - thanks for sharing your church hours and visitations. My dh is Catholic and they have a perpetual adoration room, open to the church members but I don't recall the hours. There were times when I was lost and just felt so broken after my dad's passing, I'd drive over there and sit for hours while the girls were in school and my son was sleeping in his baby carrier or stroller. And I'm not Catholic, but the sense of peace and healing was incredible.

I hope Jeanette's VBS trip was a success. And Lynn, I look forward to hearing about your Oscar Party!

Sending hugs to all!
x0x0
Old 02-27-2017, 07:20 AM   #417
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning! back from the farm! I go there to buy my daughter's rabbit food and the food for the macaw - everyone is eating and bellies are full ♥
Except mine - lol. I'm just sipping on coffee x2! Traffic was horrible this am - no Bux

WOW, Lynn - I bet your Oscar party was a blast with that finale! Oh. my. word! That was some blunder - lol!

I have just enough time to squeeze in a card before pick ups so I'll wave and wish everyone well!

Hugs!
Old 02-27-2017, 11:03 AM   #418
Stampin' Fool

I'M BACK!!!!!
Well I'm suppose to be well rested and relaxed but somehow you get home and you feel the need to go back on vacation! LOL I could have stayed there alot longer but I missed the grandkids and ok I'll admit it......being without internet and cell connections kind of stinks after about 5 days heeheehee!
We did absolutely nothing......................I finished 3 books, watched 2 movies that were up for Oscars (The Arrival and Hacksaw Ridge) and probably 6 other movies too. Watched a lovely snowstorm that dumped 8" on us and waited 1.5 days for the plows to come down our little road. We were staying in my sisters cottage that she uses for overflow family and the sump pump stopped working. Had a friend of hers come by to pump out the crawl and had to wait 2 days for a new pump to be put in. My sister was besides herself being in Mexico she didn't have control (and she loves being in control) and had to leave everything up to me the big sis! LOL All went well and things are working great again.
Shelly I hope you and mom are feeling better.
Jeanette hope your VBS workshops were productive
Kelly...Garage sale profits for BoyScouts!! YAY Hope they made a ton of money towards their Georgia trip!
Lynn....yoour Oscar party was probably alot of fun! Jimmy Kimmel is a "Hoot"! And then that excitement at the end!!!!
Well I sure did miss all of you!! I have a bunch of stuff going on here. First Pancake Supper for Shrove Tuesday instead of our usual Monday night family dinner. A tradition carried on from my childhood church. Every Shrove tuesday we gathered at the church hall for a Pancake Dinner as our Big feast before Ash Wed, We also combined it with Mardi Gras so everyone gressed up and we had purple and green decorations and beads everywhere throughout the hall. Games were planned for the kids and afterwards there was a brief service. I sure miss those days. After I moved and my kids grew we never found another church like it. I am Episcopalian an the closest church to me just didn't fit me. Anyway..........I have kept up the tradition of "Pancake Supper" ever since. We have the dining room all decorated in green and purple and the grandkids love it. SO that's tomorrow............then I need to get a card designed and kits made for my ladies group on friday and Saturday I'm off to Rockford for the stamp show!! Time to spend more money on things I think I need!! LOL
Enjoy this Bright Sunny Day!!!

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Old 02-28-2017, 03:39 AM   #419

My apologies for not showing up yesterday - when I signed off on Thursday of last week, I knew I would be gone Friday and Saturday (and as you know, I very VERY rarely get on the computer/SCS on Sundays)... but I had forgotten that I also would be out of pocket on Monday (yesterday). Brock's surgery was yesterday. It went without much of a hitch - other than him pulling out his IV things were okay. My DH would tell you that Brock did much better than his mama did (insert embarrassed face). Yes, I'll admit it, I'm a wuss.

The patient was home by mid-day, but I was a basket case clear until evening. LOL! I didn't do much of anything but study and make one card, which had to be made... since it was due on my blog today.

Trust me, I was not in a mood that you would have wanted to see. So I stayed away from SCS.

Welcome home, Susan! So glad you are back... and that you got things under control during Sis's absence. (giggling)

Kelly, the VBS theme IS fun this year... and I totally get your little man's excitement for this next stage of VBS life for him.

Shelly, that's awesome that you go every Thursday in the wee hours of the night to spend time at church! It always amazing me in our circles... so many people I know are afraid to be in the church alone. I've never really totally understood that, but it's the way it is.

Lynn, I can't wait to hear about the party... especially how things ended. WOW! What a fiasco.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 02-28-2017, 06:29 AM   #420
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, friends!

YAY on the patient doing so well, J! Happy to hear that ~ and I'm sure you are much relieved. He's a trooper!

Today was an excrutiating commute to the schools - 3.5 HOURS round trip!!! the high school is 15 minutes away from my house! The Middle school 20! This is cah-razy. Now at 2 pm, I get to do it in reverse - yowza.

Susan - welcome home! Sounds like your trip was a TRIP! Glad between the snow and the pump and big sis to the rescue, it all worked out!

Much to do now that I'm home - so I'll wave and share some sunshine!

Waving and sharing sunshine!
Old 03-01-2017, 04:58 AM   #421
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, JI&P ladies! It is great to catch up on all of your active lives!!

Shelly, I love that your church keeps an adoration chapel open 24 hours a day. What a blessing for those looking for the peace and comfort found in a sacred place of worship.

Kelly, how fabulous that the Boy Scouts hold such events for those wishing to work off part of their camp and event fees!! I love that those who put in the hours are justly rewarded accordingly!

Jeanette, I would be a basket case, too! So glad that Brock came through his surgery in fine form!

Susan, I am happy to see you back and have enjoyed imagining what it must be like to be cabin bound by 8 inches of snow. How lucky for your sister that you were there to deal with the sump pump issues when they arose. I crammed in two more Oscar movies on Friday and Saturday, too. I saw La La Land and Manchester by the Sea. I had previously seen Lion and Hidden Figures so I didn't see even half of them this year. I am also traveling to stamp with friends this Friday and Saturday.

I had a great weekend and the Oscar party was so much fun. It was smaller than usual this year as the girls were not able to get home from college for our annual event. We start early with the red carpet and have fun doing a thumbs up and thumbs down on the dresses. Lots of thumbs down this year! We put out a big finger food spread and munch our way through the evening. We served peach bourbon and ginger ale cocktails to honor Larry (although he always drank his bourbon neat). The funny thing is we actually missed the surprise ending. As soon as the La La Land acceptance speech started we hopped up and started clearing away since my son and daughter-in-law both had to be out the door by 6 the next morning. Ten minutes later or so I was checking my Facebook and saw comments like, "Was that the craziest ending ever?" Luckily they have the ability to rewinds the show and we saw the crazy ending we missed!

I am assisting with a funeral at the church this morning and then this afternoon need to get my act together and plan prep a couple of cards for this weekend's shoebox swap in Brazoria.

Hugs to all!

Old 03-01-2017, 06:50 AM   #422
Stampin' Fool

Horrible tornados ran through Illinois last night. Some friends of ours live in Ottawa which is the hardest hit area. Luckly for them they did not get any of the damage but the main town was hit hard. Prayers to all in Ottawa to gather strength to get through this terrible ordeal.
We just got rain (lots of rain), lightning and some wind. Another gloomy day today

Tried to be an awesome grandma yesterday and make slime with the kids! Michaels has been advertising it and provided the recipe so off I went in the morning to find clear elmers school glue...................well..................guess there is a shortage of glue due to Michaels promotion. No glue and I mean none of any kind of elmers at Michaels, none at Hobby Lobby, none at Target, None at Osco, None at Walgreens #1 finally Walmart.....only had regular white elmers school glue and the lady there said she had used it and it works too so I bought the only 2 bottles they had. Kids all excited we start the process and......................NOTHING!!! All we had was very thin white glue that had baking soda in it. So DIL went to Walgreens #2 and found 4 bottles clear elmers school. Tried again..................nope!!!! UGH Looked on line saw some girl make it with clear glue and laundry soap instead of baking soda so what the heck we tried it and.............................YAY HAPPY GRANDKIDS!!!!!! So we made 2 batchs and the kids are loving it! I think next craft adventure is going to be easier! LOL
Still have to make my card kits....maybe today.
Lynn have fun with your group this fri and sat.

Old 03-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #423
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all and Happy March!

Thumbs down for sure - it's like Africa hot here! It was 89* this afternoon on the commute - ugh. Tooooo hot! I've been hearing on the car radio about the tornados in the mid-west, terrible, terrible.

Susan - funny, I heard about the glue shortage! I heard it on the radio - we have about 10 bottles at all times - perks of having a daughter who is a teacher Glue bottles, sticks, more pencils and crayons than you can imagine. I buy things on clearance or during the summer and keep them in bins for her. Sounds like you have the slime all figured out! My kids have been doing that for years at school - I wonder why the sudden surge in slime at the same time?!

I had an interesting morning - went to my new dr, who turns out to be really kind. I like her a lot. And - surprise - she specializes in people who have the disease that I have and I don't need to see a specialist! YAY! one stop shopping!

Came home to find my street surrounded by cops and helicopters flying overhead ~ had to show my license to get into my own street as it was cordoned off. Turns out a lady that was served divorce papers lost her mind and threatened to blow up the house with her and her mother and shoot people! What. on. earth. I told my husband "you are about to get a new patient .........." :/

Lynn - I am glad you had a great time at your Oscar party!

We're about to sit for pizza and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Tomorrow I fast until noon, so I might as well enjoy tonight

x0xo
Old 03-01-2017, 02:07 PM   #424
Proud Fan Club Member

Ladies - I have prayer request or if you could think good thoughts. My daughter's boyfriend sat for the LSAT and gets his results tomorrow or Friday. He's a nervous wreck! If he doesn't make a least a certain score, it will delay his entrance to law school for the Fall - and he doesn't want that to happy

Thank you!
Old 03-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #425
Stampin' Fool

Just popped in for a sec.Kelly prayers coming his way! Wishing him the best!
As for glue...I have a ton just not the Elmers Clear School Glue LOL. They didn't have slime when my kids were younger or at least we never heard of it. But you can bet your sweet bippy I'll have all sorts of Elmers glues from now on! lol

Old 03-01-2017, 02:21 PM   #426
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Susan! I know he will appreciate the good thoughts!

My girls made GAK, slime, playdoh, clay ........... you name it, we made it!
Old 03-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #427
Proud Fan Club Member

Back in the day we made all kinds of goop and glop in 4th grade science. What fun! I know your kids had a blast, Susan.

Prayers for high scores, Kelly, and smooth sailing into law school for your daughter's boyfriend! And wishing you safety with your neighborhood kook! Why must the world be filled with crazies????

Old 03-02-2017, 03:15 AM   #428

Did you notice? I wasn't here yesterday. Sheesh! As it turns out, about 9:30 Tuesday night, a storm was raging when our town's tornado sirens started blaring. My DH and I looked at the warning on TV and I started pacing. (That's about the best we can do, since we have no basement.) LOL! A few minutes later, the cable went out on the TV... and so did our internet service.

The storm blew through and I went to bed. Wednesday morning... still no internet. By mid-day we discovered that the tornado (which by the way did touch down about 30 minutes away from us and sadly there was a fatality) cut a major fiber cable which was needed to service cable/internet to our town. We were without internet/cable all day long yesterday. But, YAY! When we got home from church last night, they had it fixed! So I promptly put together a blog post and dealt with some emails, but didn't have time to get to SCS, too.

Susan, I saw pictures of Ottawa... horrible. I don't think there were any fatalities there, am I right? Crossville (the town about 30 minutes from me) had some significant damage, too... and as I mentioned earlier, they also had a fatality. So sad! On a happier note... I loved hearing about your glue projects.

Lynn, your Oscars party sounds so fun!!! But I couldn't believe it when you said you missed the mess at the end. How funny! Glad you could rewind and see it.

Kelly, I'm praying for good answers for your DD's BF... today, right?

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-02-2017, 05:31 AM   #429
Stampin' Fool

Jeanette.............I'm so sorry. I feel so bad that I never mentioned you. I'm still all wonkers from our trip and actually wasn't keeping track of days yet and then the storm hit. I had no idea you were near Ottawa. The people who own the cabin next to me up north is from Ottawa and I was so worried about them. They are fine. I am soooo glad you guys are ok too. No power is rough. Though I did find out one can do without internet for a couple of days LOL. My 10 were a bit much tho .
Any way glad you are safe.

I saw my first Robin today! Crazy!!! Here I have snow on the ground and a Robin in the crab apple tree. Pretty site. Oh yes and we got some snow last night! Insane! Enought to cover grass and roof tops. I am SO DONE WITH WINTER!! News says we should hit the 60's over the weekend. It's such a roller coaster of weather here.

Got to get those kits done today! I'm so behind! Just realized today is thursday because the grandkids haven't arrived yet and that means if I do not go into that craft room and create I will have nothing for my group get together tomorrow. UGH..Ok...............
Gotta Go......... Gotta Go......... Gotta Go!!

Everybody Enjoy your Day!

Old 03-02-2017, 02:26 PM   #430

No worries, Susan. And no, not near Ottawa. We are in central Illinois. But we had tornado activity, too. My DH is actually in Crossville now assessing the needs and we'll see what our association of churches can do to help.

We've had robins for about 3-4 weeks now... poor things got so confused when the weather turned warm and came way too early. I'm thinking they've regretted that decision.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-03-2017, 03:53 AM   #431

I'm heading out in a couple of hours - VBS Workshop #2 is this weekend. Drive two hours and set up today. Lead workshop and drive home again tomorrow.

So... since I don't get on the computer on Sundays, I'll see you again on Monday morning!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-03-2017, 04:13 AM   #432
Proud Fan Club Member

I am enjoying the returns of cardinals and bluejays now that things are warming up. I didn't see but a few bluebonnets last weekend. Hopefully there will be many more and they will be joined by the Indian paintbrushes today as I hit the road.

Although I have the two cards designed and made, I still need to prep one set of packets before I load up and head out. Susan, I bet yours are all ready to go!

Safe journeys, Jeanette!

Wonderful weekend wishes to all!!

Old 03-03-2017, 06:15 AM   #433
Stampin' Fool

Today is Tax day for us. Yep time to get all that paperwork taken care of. We always have to go to the Corporate office of H&R Block because of complications with Nick still being claimed as a dependant and his SSI stuff. Thank goodness they can figure all this junk out!Tonight I get together with the ladies for cards and yes Lynn I have my packets all ready!! Spent all day yesterday on them.
Tomorrow its off to Rockford for the Scrap show. Can't wait! 4 of us are going so it's sure to be a good time. Wonder what goodies I'll come home with???? Hmmmmmm

Jeanette have fun at VBS#2 and drive safe.
Lynn better get those packets done! LOL Altho I have to give you kuddo's for designing 2 cards and making the packets to go with both I only designed 1 card and made the packets so your Way more ambitious...heehee
Enjoy the weekend ladies. I'm not sure if I'll be on over the weekend but for sure I'll be back here on Monday!

Old 03-03-2017, 07:24 AM   #434
Proud Fan Club Member

You better grab some of those Clarity brushes, if you see them, Susan!!! I plan to order some next week!

I finished the packets (there are only 5 attending) and bathed the dog so he can go stay with his memaw. I'm headed to the shower and then out the door.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:37 AM   #435

Lynn, I read your post twice... confused... cardinals returning... THEN I remembered. You're in Texas so of course they return in the spring. Here they come for the winter and then are gone. LOL!

Susan, how fun! Did you happen to run into Barb (barbaralynn) and/or LJ (LauraJean) from here on SCS at the Rockford show? They were there, too. I was actually glad to hear from Barb that it was a good show. I went to the one in Rockford years and years ago when we lived in northern Illinois... and it was so bad that I never went again, even though it was only a little over an hour from my home.

I had a GREAT weekend. My VBS Workshop went smoothly. Smaller numbers this week than last, but knew to expect that due to the location. (This is my third year on the team, so I've learned what to expect.) Then was home for about 30 minutes Saturday before heading to a church in our association. They were doing a fundraiser for a group that is going to Haiti on a mission trip. It was a music program with local talents. It was very good... but long. We didn't get home until nearly 10:00. And I still had to color/make a card... so I could keep up with the 30 Day Coloring Challenge. It meant for a late night, but that is okay. Then yesterday was church and church and also some coloring and card making.

Today is busy. My DH has a huge - day long - training at his office. I'm to help with beverages. Then of course I am Brock's everything this evening... *gasp! I have shaving duty. But I'll also have time to color! YAY!

What are your plans for this day? I hope whatever they are... you find time to do what you like to do, too!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 03-06-2017, 04:08 AM   #436
Stampin' Fool

WOW!!!!! I had so much fun! Made a bunch of make and takes, and bought some fun stuff. I got my Clarity brushes but for the life of me I can't remember who's booth I was at! LOL Then I FINALLY got some Brushos! I have been wanting to try this technique for years but never invested in it. Plus it has always been so crowded at the August Shaumburg show that I could never get close enough to watch demo but at Rockford (my first time there) it was not as crowded and there was a make and take! A win win for me! I also in the Stampers Anonymous booth and got a Tim Holtz shadow box for a Christmas project. Actually all 5 of us bought it so we will be doing it together. Plus there were dylusions stamps that we really funky by Ranger. So I wanted to try something different again so I got a few of them along with Huge Ranger Tim Holtz tags and I'm going to give it a whirl. Also got a few packs of Shimmer paper (limited colors but thats ok) for a BUCK a PACK!! DO I sound Excited Yet?? I can't even remember the little stuff I got. I will have to go back into the bags LOL. Got home and passed out on the couch. Yesterday woke up to a horendous cold so I mostly just layed around trying to breath! Today back to regular week....grandkids come, we shuffle them to school and pick them up and then it's Family Dinner night. Still pretty stuffy and I called my son to see if they want to cancel dinner and well....................NO WAY. I swear they never want to cancel

Jeanette sounds like you had quite a busy weekend too! Glad you were able to whip out some cards!

Lynn as Jeanette said we have the Cardinals all winter here and I never really thought about them leaving to go south for the summer. Oh and thanks for reminding me about the Clarity brushs. I so needed new brushs because the ones I was using were actually from my old acrylic painting days!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!

Old 03-06-2017, 06:03 AM   #437
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends! We are indeed celebrating the good news that my daughter's bf passed his LSAT exam - first time and with points to spare! He is in a good position to get into most/all of the law schools he's applying for so we're hoping for continued good news by the summer/fall - PTL!

Susan - it sounds like you scored both in time, friendship and product at the show! Like, Jeanette, I heard that Barb and LJ were there and that it's much smaller than other stamp shows, but sometimes that is good! Sounds like you got some hands on viewing. I love LOVE the videos of CHA Tim Holtz using the distress oxides - those look amazing.

Lynn - I think the cardinals are one of the most beautiful birds! We have only seen a handful here in all my time living in Florida. We do have the fabulous Flamingo, though - that is one pretty bird! ♥

Today I have to try to make some sense of this house! You may have read on my blog that my 'boys' took apart my son's room, primed and repainted it all while I sat at my little craft desk and colored and colored and ....... COLORED! Each time I play in the 30 day coloring challenge, it gives me such a great opportunity to pull out stamps, color and then set them aside if I need to for when I'm (on the go!) needing to make a card That's the beauty - it's not a competition, it's for the love of coloring - which I love to do! So he chose a rich 'yacht blue' which I almost spoke up when I saw the swatches! He had shades of blues and browns, and he narrowed it down to 3 and I stayed quiet (no easy feat!) Well, surprise - it's gorgeous. Very nautical feel to it!

Shelly - I hope all is well with you and mom. I sort of unplugged this weekend so I may have missed your updates - either on SCS or FB ... but prayers just in case you need them!

Is Kim still with us? Hope you are well!

Whew - that's my novel for the day! Hee hee!

Hugs all around! x0
Old 03-06-2017, 08:16 AM   #438
Stampin' Fool

Forgot to mention that I do not know Barb or LJ but boy it would have been awesome if I did. I don't think Ive ever met anyone from SCS in person. Would love to sometime.

Kelly.....Such great news about your daughters BF!!! Pass on the Congrats!!!! Your sons room sounds awesome. I remember when my son painted his room olive on the bottom, chartrause on top and then on 1 wall a huge RED circle that went over both colors and he traced the image of his tattoo (a dragon) in the circle. I kept thinking "I am not going to be able to go into that room"! And now........that room, colors and all, is my craft room. LOL

I think last I heard Shelly and her mom were battleing a cold. She has been playing with Alcohol inks so I know she's around and Kim???? I too was wondering.
Have a great day

Old 03-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #439
Proud Fan Club Member

I had to go in for blood work this morning and was excited (really I was) to get a nervous nursing student assigned to do my draw. With a granddaughter in the middle of becoming comfortable with these skills, I know how important it is for those in training to have willing patients. He did a nice job with a little assist from his supervisor.

Did a little yard work raking and bagging leaves but wasted the rest of the day dreading pulling all my paperwork together for tax prep. That will be a must do for tomorrow.

I am so happy and excited for your daughter's boyfriend, Kelly! How wonderful he must be feel to be moving on to this final step in his education. Your son's room sounds fabulously masculine! And who doesn't love having images all ready to use on creating a quick card. I keep a shoebox full of stamped, colored, and die cut images ready at all times.

Thrilled that your VBS training was wonderfully received, and I hope that your barbering goes well this evening without any loss of blood, Jeanette.

Sounds like you had a fabulous time at the stamp show, Susan! My Clarity brushes should be arriving by the end of the week! I can't wait to be done with sponges!! I have met quite a few SCSers (maybe as many as 50)in real life and it is always fun. We always have so much in common and can talk crafts for hours on end (and usually do)!

Haven't heard from Kim in quite a while. She hasn't blogged anything in a couple of months. I hope all is well with her.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:01 AM   #440

Lynn, not me! When I need blood drawn I want the best - most talented - one to do the job. EEK! I am not a good patient. I should take lessons from our Brock. He is always so good. When he was younger, when he'd have blood work, I'd ask his what they did. "Stuck a nail in my arm" was ALWAYS his response. Now that he's older and has had flu shots every year, if you ask him what they did after he's had bloodwork, he'll usually tell you he had a "flu shot." But in any case... he never fusses when they have to do bloodwork. Not so an IV. Did I tell you he pulled the IV out that they put in prior to his surgery last week? So, they took him to the OR and were going to put it in again. He said, "NO!" so they gave him some gas first and then put it in.

Kelly, CONGRATULATIONS for sure! I'm so glad your DD's BF scored well! And WOW! What fun for your two men to repaint DS's room with out any help from the "coloring" mama.

Susan, I have some Clarity brushes... and really do like them. I hope you'll like yours, too. I hope some day you'll get to meet someone from SCS. It really is fun to do that. I've met a few and each time it's been GREAT!

Well, friends, my day yesterday didn't turn out one bit like I thought it would. My DH was to be at his office for this huge training event - 13 hours. I had visions of crafting and enjoying my day. Nope... I became the chief dishwasher for 22 men and beverage maker and lunch orderer (fortunately I didn't have to cook) and gopher. I made 5 trips to his office yesterday... and spent much too much time there. I was so exhausted last night.

BTW, I've already told my DH that today I'm not helping him with any projects. LOL! Of course, today I must climb Mount Laundry... but hopefully I can also make a card along the way.

Find Me on Instagram