Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-07-2019, 02:37 AM   #4161
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Party time at Kelly's! Woo Hoo!!!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-07-2019, 03:41 AM   #4162
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Jeanette! Looks like we are the first ones up again.

Kelly is probably up to getting birthday weekend #1 in full gear!! Is this the family or friends weekend?

I have been so bad and gotten none of the things done that I said I would. So again today---laundry. For real!! I am leaving the computer now to get hangers and the next load of wash!

Going to run by Hobby Lobby later this morning because I saw on Facebook someone had picked up clearance Copics for $1.99. Although I have given all of mine away, I do want to keep some flesh tones on hand.

Susan and Shelly, how is your weekend going?

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 09-07-2019, 03:50 AM   #4163

Gasp! You gave your Copics away, Lynn??? Oh my!

You and I have similar plans today... it's Mt. Laundry for me. I will be gone Monday/Tuesday and then will have minutes to type up on Wednesday, so I figured I needed to do laundry before I go... and I don't do laundry on Sundays so today is the day.

Now, if I lived close enough to HL to do so, I'd go on a Copic hunt, too... but alas, I'll have to save those bargain hunting experiences for you.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-07-2019, 04:07 AM   #4164
Proud Fan Club Member

I did give them all away!! I can't tell you just how much I hate to color. It has never been my thing! Since my sister and I were little, she was always the one to pull out the coloring books!! On her last visit here, I gave her all my Copics. She loves and uses them all the time. Me, not so much.

I think that is probably why I gravitate to layered stamps. Fast colored and shaded images without all the tedious work. I still get comments regularly from people who think I have colored those images.

I stay in trouble at HL all the time since it is less than a 2 minute drive from my house. When Tuesday Morning gets open in November, I will need to line my dining room with bookshelves. It will be a 4 minute drive!!

Old 09-07-2019, 04:13 AM   #4165

Oh the bliss - 2 minutes... and 4 minutes! Will you adopt me?

I'm glad your sister loves your Copics, Lynn.

Funny how we can all be so different... my favorite thing about card-making is the coloring. I loved to color as a child, too.

That being said, I admire crafters like you who make gorgeous cards with layered stamps - I never can get them to line up right. LOL!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-07-2019, 04:36 AM   #4166
Proud Fan Club Member

I love that I can finish a project so quickly. In a pinch, I can have a card made and ready to go in under 10 minutes. I don't like to linger. I don't like to embellish. I don't like fancy folds. Just flat paper and ink for me. LOL!!

I hope Susan doesn't see this!! She may disown me!!

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:40 AM   #4167

Oh, yes... you're right about Susan. She might not want to hear that.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and allee's like this post.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:58 PM   #4168
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Popping in on Sunday Pm to say hello- the news is on and I am half listening to it : )

Lynn- you gave away Copics? Wow! How was your trip to the museum???

Susan is up at the lake : ) It was chilly here tonight! Hope you are having nice weather and I bet the trees are already to start changing colors a bit there.

Jeanette is going to hit the road tomorrow- safe travels!

Kelly- is a party animal with a teething baby! Ahhhh, so glad that storm turned away and went out to sea and so many avoided disaster! The Bahamas- so sad and my heart goes out to the people there! The stories are so very sad!!!

We had Katies dog here all weekend- she came out Thursday night, I drove her to the airport 6AM on Friday..... I could not get back to sleep, so went and sorted in the craft room. I am stamping with some of the sets to decide keep or pitch..... Keeping a few, pitching a few. I joined in with a group of 4 other ladies having a sale the weekend of the 21st. One woman used to co-own a store, so hoping it is successful, and stamps I take out are NOT going back in my stash! Oh boy..... I have not quit shopping and buying though! I am NOT going to Hobby Lobby....I love coloring though : )

Yesterday, after a crazy day, we went to 5PM mass, then dinner with friends. While we were out. the dog ate a piece or two of bread he had to get up on his back legs and was able to get off the counter, and 1/2 cup butter......gross!!! He was OK today, but was having pretty bad gas today..... Katie got in at 1PM ish. (She went to Charlotte NC for a bachelorette party). She did not head out until 8:30PM ish though- she worked on her school plans and handouts here. It is pretty funny, her dog LOVES Ray!!! He follows him everywhere, and even if I am in the room, if Ray leaves, he whines..... He also has a dog friend that lives next door- he loves Abbi- they play nicely together and get work out!

I have been enjoying watching the lady hummingbirds still. I know their time is limited...... The males have already started their migration. We have 2 girls fighting over the feeder! LOL

Have a fabulous week!

Shelly
Old 09-09-2019, 02:45 AM   #4169

As Shelly said, I'm hitting the road today - heading to our state office (3 1/2 hours away) for Board Meeting. I'll see you again on Wednesday!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #4170
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Jeanette travel safely today and Susan is already at her place and livin' it up, I'm sure!

We are officially with a 15 year old in the house! Wish I could say that he's the baby still as a young teenager but he's SOOOOO TALL! But we have Alice, so there's still a baby in the house, I reckon!

SHELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your HUGE win at the DTGD challenge party! WOW girl - you hit the jackpot! I can't wait to see what you choose and your fabulous creations! WOOHOO!

Hugs!
Old 09-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #4171
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Kelly- sounds like a busy but such a fun weekend! 15 already! Escape room sounds like a blast!
And Thanks- I would be happy to join in even if no win....just love a challenge! LOL And, I have sent cards out to friends and sparked calls and catching up etc..... sent cards to my daughters : )

Jeanette- safe travels! Hope your meetings go well!

Lynn- I saw your sis won big- I think it was her- Gina K. I hope I am not mistaken.....how cool! I think it takes me more than 10 minutes to get cardstock and stamps out! LOL Your 10 and 20 minutes cards was one of my favorites to see!

Hi Susan!!!

Hubby is chuckling, in my destash, I am getting packages in the mail- I won over on the House Mouse challenge and the stamps just arrived- love this critters- need to use them more! A couple of HM on a destash and MFT had a nice sale.....LOL I just have to use them now!

I am going thru SU catalogs beginning in 1998 and putting sets together again, The way I store them, they are all out of their bins, and in a storage container that stands up & down in a shelving unit- saves so much space!!! I only have a 6 foot table at the sale, so am going to have to pick the items that I think will sell the best and do something else with the rest!

Hubby has lots of games this week- make-ups for rainouts- thay had 7 rainouts! They lost tonight, so only one more game and no playoffs.
Tomorrow night, we are supposed to go to Chicago for a play, and Thursday he has another game, and I have a drawing class : )

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 09-11-2019, 02:53 AM   #4172

Kelly, what fun it must have been to celebrate the fine young man you have as a son!

Congratulations Shelly! (I've just gotten on SCS after my trip away so I'm not sure what you won, but I'm sure it's great!

Waving to Susan, at the cabin!

Lynn, are you traveling? I can't remember, but I don't see you and the day is getting late (for us).

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-11-2019, 04:32 AM   #4173
Mad Swapper

Dashing in Dashing out..............Came home Sunday but for only 3 days. We leave again tomorrow. Dropped off all our remodel stash and did a bit of prepping but had to come back to watch grandkids Mon, Tue, and Wed. Now tomorrow we head back up and start working. Won't be home until the 22nd. Not sure how much computer time I will have but I'll try sneaking on here at night. lol
Caught up on everyone (I think). Shelly I had to laugh about getting rid of stuff as mail brings in more. Too funny. Congrats on winning alot of challenges. I've been enjoying the humming birds here too. To be honest this HOT weather is horrible so I don't sit out as much to watch them dancing through the yard and can only see them at the feeders. Can't wait to get back to cooler weather. heeheehee
Bye Jeanette Hi Jeanette. You were able to go and get back before I got on here. I'm such a slacker!
Kelly so many things happening at your house you party animal!! DS will soon be graduating (Just these 4 more yrs to go). Time flies too quickly. Glad you made it through the hurricane too.
Lynn Lynn Lynn!!!!! Whats this I hear about fancy folds and blinglessness??????? Is that a word? It is in my book hahaha. You thought since I was up north you could be sneaky with that comment
I'll forgive you this time butttt................................lol

Well gotta go pack some craft supplies. Getting sissy to do a craft again. She hates crafting but I make her do it and she usually enjoys it. Remember we did those Scarecrow Bottles and cork pumpkins last year. Ok gotta go for real now.
Bye
Old 09-11-2019, 04:51 AM   #4174

Hi Susan... you're home! Well, momentarily! I hope your day of kiddos and packing goes smoothly and you get back to cooler temperatures, although it sounds like you'll be working too hard to adequately enjoy them.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #4175
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Remember all the wonderful people on this day. My son was actually due on 9/11. Like all of my kids except the first, he was born exactly 2 days early. Only my firstborn was 2 days late!

My daughter and I ran around all day getting last minute party stuff for my son. We stopped at Outback for lunch - yum! She learned from a message on her phone at lunch that she won 3 tickets to the movies Friday night (and we MUST see it this Friday!) so that should be a hoot!

Welcome home, Susan!! I'm sure you are happy to be sleeping in your own bed!

Waving to all!

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 09-11-2019 at 04:18 PM..
Old 09-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #4176
Mad Swapper

Well I'm packed and ready to go. We'll get up early tomorrow (ok for me early is 7am lol)and hit the road. I'm brining up some projects for sissy and I to do. Actually its a trial run for me because I'm hoping they will be projects for my ladies group. We're having our girls weekend the weekend after I get home so I need to test these out and my sister Dawn will be my guinee pig. If she can make them...they can make them. LOL
Jeanette your cracking me up. Those cards ARE SUPER SIMPLE. I swear you would be amazed. I'll prove it when I get back...
See Ya...............Hugs
Old 09-12-2019, 02:43 AM   #4177

Kelly, how interesting that most of your kiddos were born exactly 2 days early. You had a pattern going on. (BTW, I'm glad your DS wasn't born on his due date - that would be tough.)

Susan, giggle all you want; I'm standing by what I said.

Waving to Shelly and Lynn!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-12-2019, 06:53 AM   #4178
Proud Fan Club Member

So ......hi Susan! Bye Susan! LOL! We are like ships passing in the night! So, this graphic is for you

Hee hee!

Waving to all - and most likely I won't be back until Monday. We are in full party prep - first high school party for my son and it's growing and growing and somehow the time keeps getting pushed back. Hello - NO! I'm old! I don't want to be up until 1 am with teenagers. Yeah - no thanks!
Old 09-12-2019, 08:00 AM   #4179

Have fun partying, Kelly!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #4180
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hi ladies,
LOL Hello and Goodbye Jeanette and Susan!!!

Lynn- It is your sis- won $100 at Gina K!!! Wahoo! I think I might be in trouble if I lived 2 minutes from HL, live like 5 minutes from a Joann, but it is a smaller, crappy one and I do not go there often. Tuesday morning is about 8 minutes away- I do not go there too often either...... I have not alot of will power. I love their $2.99 6x6 DP paper packs- have a stack of those!!!

Kelly- have a great and fun weekend!!!

Shelly
Old 09-13-2019, 03:59 AM   #4181

Hi Shelly - I'm still here. In fact, I'm not going anywhere until next week.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-13-2019, 04:04 AM   #4182
Proud Fan Club Member

Seems like I have been chasing my tail all week with little to no computer time. Having to fit in those daily trips to Hobby Lobby could not be missed, however!! I stalked and stalked until it finally paid off on Thursday. Over half of their dies were marked 75% off. So, of course, I had to treat myself to some birthday treasures and a few to stuff in my stocking at Christmas.

Kelly, our birthday celebration won't be as large as yours, I know! But it is growing. Just found out that in addition to my son, daughter-inn-law, and oldest granddaughter, my youngest granddaughter and her boyfriend will be joining in on the fun as well!! So glad the cleaning lady was here on Tuesday. Right now I am stripping the beds and getting them ready for my guests. Youngest and boyfriend arrived tonight, daughter-in-law and oldest tomorrow noon, and son driving in from a conference tomorrow night late!! Let the partying begin!!

Yes, Shelly, my sister is so excited to win the Gina K. prize. She always does a ton of those challenges!! She is much more faithful to completing challenges here than I am these days. And yes, yes, yes on the 6x6 paper packs at TM.

Susan, Susan, Susan - you weren't supposed to see that, but IF HL had had that fabulous die, I would have been buying it for sure!! No matter how much I hate making fancy folds!! I would have bought it for full price (minus my 40% coupon, of course)!!!

I was in a meeting with my pastor on 9/11 which happens to be his birthday. He held a friend and I spellbound with his 9/11 story as he flew out of LaGuardia that morning. He said it took him a number of years before he was able to celebrate his birthday in any real way.

Another whole week at home??? What has come over you, Jeanette? Hot Sauce is going to be pouting!!

Old 09-13-2019, 04:13 AM   #4183

Hi Lynn... YAY, a real party is brewing at your house! Have great fun!

Well, Hot Sauce and I will get a work-out next week. Does that count? I'm going to be gone Tuesday - Thursday... might add on Monday, depending on when the funeral for one of our well-loved former state convention directors happens. He passed away yesterday, after a week or so in Hospice care.

What? Your pastor was flying on 9/11... did he get redirected to Canada? I'm sure his story was quite moving yesterday.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-13-2019, 04:24 AM   #4184
Proud Fan Club Member

He was redirected to Atlanta, Georgia.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:58 AM   #4185

Interesting. I thought that all flights landing in the US were re-routed out of the country. Guess that wasn't true... but that was the news we got that day.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-13-2019, 05:09 AM   #4186
Proud Fan Club Member

Only people who were on his original flight were allowed to fly out of Atlanta two days later on his flight. He said the airport was deserted and the plane was huge. It carried a crew of 10 and 7 passengers. All the rest had made other arraignments, I guess!

Last edited by allee's; 09-13-2019 at 06:31 AM..
Old 09-13-2019, 05:11 AM   #4187

WOW!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-14-2019, 03:32 AM   #4188

Good Morning Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

My trip next week (Tuesday - Thursday) now has a pre-trip extension, as well. I'll be leaving early Monday to head to the funeral for a man I dearly respected and enjoyed working alongside while I served as a state officer a number of years ago.He served our state convention for nearly 30 years before retiring. It's not on my way to Wisconsin, but it's also not much out of my way.

I'll see you again when I return the end of next week.

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 09-14-2019, 09:17 AM   #4189
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Jeanette-so sorry for your loss!!!

I am so thrilled with my sorting progress. Hubby was gone yesterday to a Cubs game, so besides my prayer hour at church, and a chatty visit to my neighbors, spent the day sorting and creating cards. I am really destashing!

9-11 I remember where I was- at work and feeding a patient, and when the 2nd plane hit the tower, I was still feeding her- remember which hospital room I was in and everything. I ran to the phone and told Ray to turn on the TV. The medical director sat us all down and gave us some support. I went to a mass that night- horrible.
There was a young family man on the flight that crashed into the field in PA that is from our home town. Todd Beemer. He tried to call his wife but could not get through, but got an operator. He told her what was going on and prayed with her, then he and a group of passengers took on the hijackers. The operator was still on the phone and heard him say, "Let's Roll".
Here is a link to a Wikipedia page about him.

Katie and I just went to a Broadway Chicago play at the end of July called "Come From Away" about all of the planes landing in Nova Scotia.

Anyway- Jeanette- safe travels! On the road again.....! Willie Nelson sings that.....

Lynn- enjoy your family party and have FUN!!! How awesome!

Kelly- party!!! Have a blast!

Susan- hope you enjoy a day or two of this milder weather we are having here- we have rain in the forecast for Sunday, but I know our weather is not always the same.

Katie is coming out this afternoon, going out for dinner. We'll make sure to clean off the counters so he does not repeat the breas & butter incident or anything like that! LOL

Have a fabulous weekend!!!

Shelly
Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM   #4190
Stazon Splitcoast

Guess if I check in I am talking to myself....LOL

Waving hello to all!!!

Shelly