Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2020, 01:50 AM   #481
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Maxine... yes. I've been awake since 3:30; so at 4:00 I decided to go ahead and get up. it is not unusual. This happens way too often.

Oh and, it is now 4:50... the time showing on my posts is off an hour.

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:55 AM   #482
Die Cut Diva

It's 9:55 here and I had better get off the computer and go to bed - I was just organising some photos for a blog post....
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:16 AM   #483

Rest well!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-27-2020, 03:31 AM   #484
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Stampers--Happy Wednesday!
Old 05-27-2020, 05:08 AM   #485
Quacker Stamper

Good morning. It is beautiful out this morning. No humidity. Got my Biggest Loser workout done. I have a Zoom meeting with my writing instructor this morning. I'm amxious to hear what she has to say about my Part 2 essay.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #486
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all!

I went to bed right when Jeanette was waking up! I'm a night owl with insomnia so it's not uncommon for me to be up at 3-4 am, get a few hours of sleep, and up with Alice and her mama by 8 am. Yes, my name is Kelly and I drink a lot of coffee!

Maxine - thank you for telling me about the win - I just realized who it was and the company is located in New Zealand. I think with the shipping costs it would be better if I share the gift certificate and would like to give it to you! I'm not even going to look at the store now that I know where they are, LOL! I wrote to the challenge blog and she gave me a code - I'm assuming you can use the code and order? It was a $20 win so please let me know if this is something that we can do. From one friend to another!

Waving to all!
mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:34 PM   #487
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for your wishes to sleep well Jeanette - just as I was about to turn my light out there was a mild earthquake - felt as though someone was kicking up from under the bed! I had noticed some blinds rattling earlier in the evening for no apparent reason, and I suspect that was a mild rolling quake - the later one was quite a sharp jolting... the joys of living in the Shaky Isles
That said, I don't often notice the earthquakes!

Last edited by Kiwime; 05-27-2020 at 09:33 PM..
mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:32 PM   #488
Die Cut Diva

I have P.M'd you Kelly
Old 05-27-2020, 10:01 PM   #489
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Waving hello!
I am trying to keep up- I am using hubby;s 2nd computer and my phone.... mine is on its way to Ky after a spill on just a small portion of the keyboard.
I was able to download my PSP photo editing program on this computer, so very happy. It may be a few weeks.
We had a great dinner tonight all together using a shrimp recipe Stephi sent to me via text.... we all ate the same dinner! LOL It was OK- shrimp and peppers and onion, zucchini, yellow squash and a few mushrooms. Needed more seasoning- the recipe called for cajun seasoning, but not enough.... Anyway..... it was fun to all eat together.

Barb- will have to look up that trail- would be a great bike ride on a long weekend!
Kelly and Maxine- funny that you are both up at the same time : ) Kelly- sorry about the insomnia. You need to rest with the cold and healing too!
Maxine- do you have bunnies that eat your garden- lettuce and all? We sure do! I gave up trying to grow greens- they love them!

My doc added a B/P med and I feel wonderful after a week or so! I am hoping I do not have to stay on the med, but pain is driving up my B/P... darn back! I have been having good days the last couple of days though and enjoying creating in my crafting space.

Hugs and best wishes to all!

Shelly
Summer Playlist VSN - June 26 & 27
barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:16 PM   #490
Die Cut Diva

Thankfully the main green eating pests around here are the cabbage butterfly caterpillars Shelly - no bunnies or opossums... being urban has it's advantages.
I think my cat would deal to any bunnies! He came in with feathers on his cheeks the other day... and I know he has caught rodents, mainly mice, and I never have to deal with the remains...
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:05 AM   #491

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Maxine, it's kind of spooky when things start shaking and you know what's causing it. I remember that feeling well from the times we lived in California. I'm glad you were safe. I hope you were able to get settled and have some rest, too!

Shelly, it's good the meds are helping you to feel better - YAY! And how fun that you all four ate the same meal. That must have been a treat!

Kelly, you always warm my heart - thinking of others comes so naturally to you.

Maggie, did the meeting go well? I sure hope it was beneficial!

Barb, how's it going?

We have a meetings meetings meetings day here today - lots of Zooming going on. We have all agreed, though, that Brock's Zoom meetings are the most fun. Today, it's Bingo (that's his favorite one). Tuesday it was Show and Tell. Last week they played a Stay Healthy Game and toured a farm. Yep, his meetings are fun!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-28-2020, 05:23 AM   #492
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning All--I am getting a haircut today! Yes, that is a big step for me and I feel very confident that the salon is well prepared! I am also heading to an outdoor mall to make three returns that have been sitting here for 3 months! I will have a mask on any time I leave my car!

The deck project is moving along. Rebecca took all of the spindles off of the railing over the weekend and Claudia helped her the last two days in starting to remove the decking. Of course, the last two days have been in the mid-80's! It is a hard process to get out all of the screws and they are taking today off. It is maybe a third off-the next part is under the overhang so they are thinking those screws might be easier to get out as they are not as weathered. We have not gotten the quote for the materials yet--hopefully today so the materials can be ordered.

Have a Terrific Thursday!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:32 AM   #493
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quick dash through - saying hello!

We're taking Alice to the pediatrician - dd found a strange welt on the back of her leg, we assume form her outdoor playhouse. We check it daily but now she's convinced it's a spider bite. Poor baby - doesn't bother her but my dd is flipping out!

Waving!
Old 05-28-2020, 07:48 AM   #494
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post

Quick dash through - saying hello!

We're taking Alice to the pediatrician - dd found a strange welt on the back of her leg, we assume form her outdoor playhouse. We check it daily but now she's convinced it's a spider bite. Poor baby - doesn't bother her but my dd is flipping out!

Waving!
I'm sure you remember how it was being a first mom, Kelly. I hope it is nothing to worry about. Even a spider bite could be serious.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:50 AM   #495
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Good Morning All--I am getting a haircut today! Yes, that is a big step for me and I feel very confident that the salon is well prepared! I am also heading to an outdoor mall to make three returns that have been sitting here for 3 months! I will have a mask on any time I leave my car!

The deck project is moving along. Rebecca took all of the spindles off of the railing over the weekend and Claudia helped her the last two days in starting to remove the decking. Of course, the last two days have been in the mid-80's! It is a hard process to get out all of the screws and they are taking today off. It is maybe a third off-the next part is under the overhang so they are thinking those screws might be easier to get out as they are not as weathered. We have not gotten the quote for the materials yet--hopefully today so the materials can be ordered.

Have a Terrific Thursday!
You are brave, Barb, to be going to the salon. I hope their stations are not too close together. I talked to a GF yesterday and she said that at her salon, the stations are right next to each other, so she's picking up her hair color from them and is going to do it at home. I'm letting my hair grow again and started doing my color at home about six or so months ago. I feel sorry for my stylist, but not ready to go get the hair trimmed yet.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:51 AM   #496
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Hello Chatty Stampers!

Maxine, it's kind of spooky when things start shaking and you know what's causing it. I remember that feeling well from the times we lived in California. I'm glad you were safe. I hope you were able to get settled and have some rest, too!

Shelly, it's good the meds are helping you to feel better - YAY! And how fun that you all four ate the same meal. That must have been a treat!

Kelly, you always warm my heart - thinking of others comes so naturally to you.

Maggie, did the meeting go well? I sure hope it was beneficial!

Barb, how's it going?

We have a meetings meetings meetings day here today - lots of Zooming going on. We have all agreed, though, that Brock's Zoom meetings are the most fun. Today, it's Bingo (that's his favorite one). Tuesday it was Show and Tell. Last week they played a Stay Healthy Game and toured a farm. Yep, his meetings are fun!
Thanks, Jeanette. The meeting did go well. I just hope I can benefit from what the instructor said. I'm just not a good essay writer. I usually tend to put in too much. I have to figure out how to cut it down and still say what I want to say.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:56 AM   #497
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Thankfully the main green eating pests around here are the cabbage butterfly caterpillars Shelly - no bunnies or opossums... being urban has it's advantages.
I think my cat would deal to any bunnies! He came in with feathers on his cheeks the other day... and I know he has caught rodents, mainly mice, and I never have to deal with the remains...
Over the last several years I've lost my hunting outside cats. I would not mind having one that would take out a dove or two. I have so many of them that come to feed and they chase away the birds that I want to come.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:01 AM   #498
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Waving hello!
I am trying to keep up- I am using hubby;s 2nd computer and my phone.... mine is on its way to Ky after a spill on just a small portion of the keyboard.
I was able to download my PSP photo editing program on this computer, so very happy. It may be a few weeks.
We had a great dinner tonight all together using a shrimp recipe Stephi sent to me via text.... we all ate the same dinner! LOL It was OK- shrimp and peppers and onion, zucchini, yellow squash and a few mushrooms. Needed more seasoning- the recipe called for cajun seasoning, but not enough.... Anyway..... it was fun to all eat together.

Barb- will have to look up that trail- would be a great bike ride on a long weekend!
Kelly and Maxine- funny that you are both up at the same time : ) Kelly- sorry about the insomnia. You need to rest with the cold and healing too!
Maxine- do you have bunnies that eat your garden- lettuce and all? We sure do! I gave up trying to grow greens- they love them!

My doc added a B/P med and I feel wonderful after a week or so! I am hoping I do not have to stay on the med, but pain is driving up my B/P... darn back! I have been having good days the last couple of days though and enjoying creating in my crafting space.

Hugs and best wishes to all!

Shelly
Sorry about the pain and the BP, Shelly. I hope you don't have to stay on it for long. I've been on mine for a number of years now. It's in the genes. I did have an issue with it last week where it spiked up pretty high. I did call my doctor. I think it was a sodium overload. I've been lazy since being at home and not getting to the grocery store as often so I was eating too much of the prepared meals and deli meats for sandwiches. My body just decided it was too much. So, I stopped eating those meals and have gone back to cooking. I do cook for more than one meal so I only have to cook about twice a week. Salads for dinner that I make myself. I also take some extra Potassium which helps eliminate sodium from your system. The BP went back down to normal and has stayed down for the last week, so that makes me happy.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:02 AM   #499
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks for your wishes to sleep well Jeanette - just as I was about to turn my light out there was a mild earthquake - felt as though someone was kicking up from under the bed! I had noticed some blinds rattling earlier in the evening for no apparent reason, and I suspect that was a mild rolling quake - the later one was quite a sharp jolting... the joys of living in the Shaky Isles
That said, I don't often notice the earthquakes!
Wow! Glad it was only a little shimmying and not a big quake, Maxiine.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:54 AM   #500

Kelly, I'm sorry Alice has a welt and totally understand mama wanting to check it out. I hope all goes well!

Maggie, so good to hear your meeting went well! YAY!

Barb, it surely feels better getting a haircut - good about the mask!

Storm's brewing here. The thunder is getting closer.

Find Me on Instagram

barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:58 AM   #501

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-29-2020, 04:15 AM   #502
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Friday! I did get a haircut yesterday and it is short--I Love It! I felt extremely safe. First, I got a 10 question health check to complete before I got there, called from the parking lot, Karen met me in the foyer and gave me hand sanitizer. Then, everyone had masks on, shampoo and pedicure stations had floor to ceiling plexi-glass between, half of the main chairs were moved to an open area upstairs and many other precautions. All customers had to wear a mask and had to hold it over their mouth when shampooing and cutting around my ears. It was great to get out and get a cut--and this salon did every single thing right! Sorry this is long, but I am so proud of how it went. I did go to the outlet then and made 2 of the 3 returns--Eddie Bauer was still closed. I did even make a couple of purchases too-and felt safe in the 3 stores I went to also.

I have online class this morning from The Paper Cut-Everything Diagonal Folds! Should be fun. Then, more time in the stamp room. I hope you also have a great day!
Old 05-29-2020, 04:16 AM   #503
SCS RAK Coordinator

Shelly--the Ice Age trail is mainly for hiking, not biking. In some places, it does go on paved trails and roads, but they try to not be on paved areas but more trails.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:47 AM   #504

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-30-2020, 05:29 AM   #505
Quacker Stamper

Good morning. I know what's on my schedule - Laundry, clean house. I am going to DD's house for dinner tomorrow night, but we are eating outside. She is still concerned about bringing any germs close to me.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:14 PM   #506
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi friends!
Spent the day at my mama's house visiting with her and had a wonderful lunch! She sewed more masks for Tony's job (kids masks for the children/grandchildren of the staff) and visited with Alice.

We've been in the pool for a bit at home and enjoying the sun ~ woot!

Hope everyone is doing super!
Old 05-30-2020, 02:33 PM   #507
Die Cut Diva

Good Sunday morning - I am waiting for zoom church to start - we can now have gatherings of up to 100 people. We already had this set up, and as it is a 'long weekend' here (Queen's Birthday) and some folks will be away, we will not resume physical meetings until next week.
We are under a 'strong wind' warning here and for the next 24-36 hours, so life could be interesting. Hopefully not so, as thanks to another party over the road last night I am a bit weary this morning.
Had some studio time yesterday and got one card finished and another one well under way - should get that finished this afternoon, and at least one more made...
Hope you are all enjoying your summer weather, and you are all staying safe and well.
Waving from a currently sunny Down Under - and hoping it lasts (probably in vain though)
Old 06-01-2020, 02:56 AM   #508

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-01-2020, 04:34 AM   #509
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--It really does feel like a Monday.  And--Happy June 1st!   Rebecca has a virtual conference for the next three days so I will be in my stamp room! We did get all of the deck boards off on Saturday as Rebecca's nephew from Illinois drove up to help! They are laying on the joists, but the area is blocked off. Now, we are waiting on a second bid and hope to order the materials by the end of the week-should be here by the end of next week.

I am praying for our country and hope everyone can come together............

Last edited by barbaralynn; 06-01-2020 at 04:42 AM..
Old 06-01-2020, 04:37 AM   #510

Barb, I'm praying the same. Such a sad situation.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-01-2020, 04:38 AM   #511
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

<sub></sub><sup></sup>

<sub></sub><sup></sup>

Hello all!

I hope you Monday is off to a good start. I am so saddened by the senselessness in this country. This should NOT be happening and needs to stop.

My brother called from Poland - where he is stuck - because he saw Miami on fire, the looting and destruction. We're fine. My daughter was not able to get home due to them blocking a major road - people had to dive out of their cars and run and abandon their vehicles. She was able to turn around much earlier and slept over at her best friend's house - such chaos!

In happier news, it's the last week of school! I say 'school' but the teacher's stopped teaching a month ago - the kids have been signing on and doing homework assigned and they are nowhere to be found. It will be nice when this is over!

Taking little Alice to the park today to see her duckies! Oh she loves LOVES duckies!
We have them in our neighborhood and the mama's give birth and we watch the littles grow up. She calls them chickens She will see a whole bunch today!

Have a good one!
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:43 AM   #512

Oh no! That's horrible, Kelly - i'm so glad your DD is safe! I think it's great that your Brother checked in on you! And YAY for Alice getting to see her "chickens" today!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-02-2020, 03:35 AM   #513

Hello Chatty Stamprs! Have a great Tuesday - and what's better than a Taco Tuesday?!?!?!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-02-2020, 05:03 AM   #514
SCS RAK Coordinator

Have a Honey of a Tuesday!
Old 06-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #515
Die Cut Diva

Tuesday was wonderful here - with the appropriate social distancing I managed to hold my class - what a great time was had - not a lot of finished results, but they are all well under way - and the laughter.... I'm surprised you didn't hear us from over there!
So wonderful to be able to gather again to stamp and make cards and laugh together.
Waving from a currently sunny Wednesday morning Down Under... we are due for more rain later
Old 06-03-2020, 02:42 AM   #516

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Sending...

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-03-2020, 03:24 AM   #517
SCS RAK Coordinator

I think we all need a hug like this today instead of a slobbery kiss from Smoochy. We had some storms roll through last night. We are dog sitting for a few days while our friend Jill heads to northern Wisconsin to see her grandson Gideon, who was born in late February. She has not been there since then. Jasper does not like storms at all, so of course, this is the first one of the year, the first night he is here! Rebecca's virtual conference went well yesterday-but Monday was not a good day. They ended it early as there were so many issues with people getting into the sessions. They are planning to replay those tomorrow. She has a TV hooked up in the office as a monitor, so she is not looking at a laptop screen all day! Off to the stamp room again--it is nice and cool in the lower level too!
Old 06-03-2020, 03:46 AM   #518

I agree, Barb... I think we all need a hug today.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 06-03-2020, 05:15 AM   #519
Quacker Stamper

Good morning. Thank you Jeanette and Barb for the beary hugs.

It's been a busy but good week. I had to turn in my first half of my PowerPoint for my British Isles class. We attached it to our discussion post. I had a couple of class mates said that they were going to save it for reference in their work. It turned out really well. I had to share it with a friend and have a discussion with her about it. That went well too. I sent it to a friend from church who I know has English ancestors and she thought it would be really good for her to get started even though she doesn't know much about computers or research.
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:59 AM   #520
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Tuesday was wonderful here - with the appropriate social distancing I managed to hold my class - what a great time was had - not a lot of finished results, but they are all well under way - and the laughter.... I'm surprised you didn't hear us from over there!
So wonderful to be able to gather again to stamp and make cards and laugh together.
Waving from a currently sunny Wednesday morning Down Under... we are due for more rain later
Glad to hear that you were able to get back to having your classes Maxine. I hope it's not much longeer when we can get back out and about again. My GF and I are looking into places that have outside eating areas so we can get together for lunch again.