Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-16-2020, 08:44 PM   #441
Die Cut Diva

That's a lot of study Maggie!! Well done on being so disciplined!

I never, ever, want to have to live in a house as it is having major repairs - EVER!! By the time SIL got everything stripped back, the damage not only from the leaks we had found, but from other old leaks that had been patched over but not properly dealt to, it turns out I will have a new bathroom and toilet from the sub floor up - resurfaced walls, the wall between them totally replaced etc, etc.... the noise and mess is incredible. 

I am not complaining, as he is doing it as a 'love' job, which means, having worked most of the weekend, will now be doing a seven day week, as his job starts again tomorrow!  

I got one card finished this afternoon (it had been waiting a week), and another recycled into a birthday card from a thank you card.... not the most productive day, but then other things were needing attention as I was the 'assistant' and go-fer to the builder.

We are still having sunny days here - so much so that the gardens are drying out again!!

Waving to you all from my very noisy corner Down Under

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:18 PM   #442
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Waving hello to all!

Dropping in to say hello : )

Oh Maxine, what a major mess! Do you have another bathroom to use while the remodeling is in progress??? You are so blessed to have a relative that is capable to do the work for you! We are starting to have warmer days on occasion- up to mid 70's (20C) here today as your temps lessen. So glad you got out to meet your friend! Is anyone there wearing facemasks?

Maggie- wow- that is alot of time on your work! The research sounds really interesting though. I have heard some areas are way easier to research than others. In Germany, many regions lost records due to the war. In Wexford, the priest told me most old records for that area were lost in a fire.....
You seem to be getting lots of rain there!

I am sure Jeanette and Barb have similar weather to us- sun but a touch humid and more rain expected tomorrow. We had mulch delivered yesterday, not much I can do with my back...but I try! I can stand and trim the bushes, those that are not flowering, and that also needs to be done.

Both of the girls are still here. Stephi has to head back to Virginia by the end of the month. The University and lab are closed, but she is still doing research. She was to head to the UK to give a talk in October, but that has been pushed back a year. Katie and Ray went and looked at places today for Katie to purchase instead of renting. The process is just beginning, so will look more : ) I am guessing whe will be here well into the summer, and that is fine with me. The girls are getting along quite well and we are enjoying this time very much. Tomorrow, we are having an International Day of food for dinner, so I have to come up with something for Ray and I for dinner. The girls bought scallops for me to make, they want to try them, and we have Suchi, and that is as far as I am for planning. It is to rain most of the day, so hope to get in a card sometime, so will have to be careful not to sit too much earlier on the day!

Long Distance Hugs to all!

Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:34 PM   #443
Die Cut Diva

Shelly I don't have a second bathroom, so I "make do", with visits to the most understanding neighbours too...

No we, as general public, don't have to wear masks here, but some do. My hairdresser opened last Thursday, and I got a Friday appointment, they are wearing masks for face to face work - e.g. shampoos and fringe cuts... all the medical staff are still in protective gear....
I am sticking pretty close to home at this point, although I do need to go and choose some vinyl for the floors tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:16 AM   #444
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
That's a lot of study Maggie!! Well done on being so disciplined!
I never, ever, want to have to live in a house as it is having major repairs - EVER!! By the time SIL got everything stripped back, the damage not only from the leaks we had found, but from other old leaks that had been patched over but not properly dealt to, it turns out I will have a new bathroom and toilet from the sub floor up - resurfaced walls, the wall between them totally replaced etc, etc.... the noise and mess is incredible. 

I am not complaining, as he is doing it as a 'love' job, which means, having worked most of the weekend, will now be doing a seven day week, as his job starts again tomorrow!  

I got one card finished this afternoon (it had been waiting a week), and another recycled into a birthday card from a thank you card.... not the most productive day, but then other things were needing attention as I was the 'assistant' and go-fer to the builder.
We are still having sunny days here - so much so that the gardens are drying out again!!
Waving to you all from my very noisy corner Down Under

Maxine, I can relate to your repairs and the mess it makes. I did a lot of renovation to my house about six years ago including redoing my wood floors and putting tile down in the other rooms so everything had to be picked up out of the rooms. I had to move furniture from one room to another. I remember having all the furniture out in the kitchen/dining room so the wood floors could be done. When they were done, then all the furniture got moved to the living room so the tile floors could be done. What a time that was.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-17-2020, 05:23 AM   #445
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Waving hello to all!

Dropping in to say hello : )

Oh Maxine, what a major mess! Do you have another bathroom to use while the remodeling is in progress??? You are so blessed to have a relative that is capable to do the work for you! We are starting to have warmer days on occasion- up to mid 70's (20C) here today as your temps lessen. So glad you got out to meet your friend! Is anyone there wearing facemasks?

Maggie- wow- that is alot of time on your work! The research sounds really interesting though. I have heard some areas are way easier to research than others. In Germany, many regions lost records due to the war. In Wexford, the priest told me most old records for that area were lost in a fire.....
You seem to be getting lots of rain there!

I am sure Jeanette and Barb have similar weather to us- sun but a touch humid and more rain expected tomorrow. We had mulch delivered yesterday, not much I can do with my back...but I try! I can stand and trim the bushes, those that are not flowering, and that also needs to be done.

Both of the girls are still here. Stephi has to head back to Virginia by the end of the month. The University and lab are closed, but she is still doing research. She was to head to the UK to give a talk in October, but that has been pushed back a year. Katie and Ray went and looked at places today for Katie to purchase instead of renting. The process is just beginning, so will look more : ) I am guessing whe will be here well into the summer, and that is fine with me. The girls are getting along quite well and we are enjoying this time very much. Tomorrow, we are having an International Day of food for dinner, so I have to come up with something for Ray and I for dinner. The girls bought scallops for me to make, they want to try them, and we have Suchi, and that is as far as I am for planning. It is to rain most of the day, so hope to get in a card sometime, so will have to be careful not to sit too much earlier on the day!

Long Distance Hugs to all!

Shelly
I could have done German research and will eventually have to look into that, but I did not want to tackle German handwriting while taking this writing class. I can use both in my personal research so I opted for British Isles. I have found that it is easy to use so far and a lot of information for the most part. This week I had 34 documents to attach from Civil Registrations. This week we will search Parish Registers and Bishops' Transcripts.

Sounds like you are quite enjoying this lockdown with having the girls home.

This week is full in addition to the schoolwork that I have to do. Tomorrow I have a routine visit with my cardiologist and Wednesday I'm attending an all-day virtual seminar put on by the National Genealogical Society. I was not going to attend it when it was going to be live, but when they announced they were going to have an all-day seminar and then some on-demand webinars in June, I decided to go for it.

Our outside church got canceled for today because of the weather, but it looks like it's just overcast and the rain is moving off away from us. We did get a bit yesterday.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:01 PM   #446
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving hello to all on this early morn! It's Monday - and it's funny how each week we have one - tee hee!

Oh wow, Maxine - you are really putting in the work at home! LIke Maggie, we did that a few years ago and I wouldn't wish to do it again! We also did a gutting and full kitchen remodel and it was horrible - 3 little girls and a baby and redoing the kitchen.
Stay safe - even at the hairdresser.

Miami is opening back up and I plan to stay home. My son has finals this week and I'm pretty not happy about it. All End of course exams were cancelled, as well as ACT, SAT and other exams but the kids in the AP - advanced placement - classes are still expected to have them and these kids are ill prepared. We are doing our part and making the best of a bad situation. Could be like Georgia where all those kids were signed on for unmonitored driving tests and everyone passed, LOL! Yikes!

It's finally not raining here - hoping for a better week with lots of rest. Not much improvement for my tailbone ..... another day, another week!

Hugs!
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:51 AM   #447
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Stopping by to wish all of my Chatty Stamper Friends a good day!

Maxine, it is nice that your SiL is doing the project for you and that you'll have a wonderful "new" bathroom when it's finished, but I'm thinking right now the noise and mess would be disheartening - and challenging, too, since it's your only bathroom (I didn't realize that until I read you comment today). Hang in there. It will be worth it in the end!

Shelly, I'm so glad your girls have been there and have been able to enjoy each other so much. What fun to have an international meal, too! We've had rain, rain, and more rain. It poured off and on all day yesterday - open windows, close windows, open windows, close windows. I guess it's a good thing I was home to do that. LOL!

Maggie, I hope you enjoy the virtual seminar and find it helpful. It is accessible now that people don't have to "go" to it... will more people take advantage of that?

Kelly, I think it's ridiculous that the AP classes are doing finals. Sheesh! What are they thinking??? And what's this about Georgia and unmonitored driving tests? I'd not heard that one.... kinda scary! Should I avoid going to Georgia for a while? Oh, wait! I'm not going anywhere so I guess that's a problem.

In fact, just Saturday my DH was moaning about paying the insurance on Hot Sauce (he did it; but grumbled) since she's only been out of the garage twice since March 9th. I'm sure he's also grumbling about having paid the annual subscription for Sirius XM for her, especially since they are currently doing a free 3-month trial for anyone (except those who have a subscription).

Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

mcschmidty likes this post.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:14 AM   #448
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Saturday was a great day and we spent quite a bit of time outside in the gardens-planting more annuals in the beds, weeding, planting the final pots and baskets that will stay in the greenhouse for a bit more. Yesterday was a very rainy day and it is to still be wet this morning-I think we got over 3 inches. Rebecca's phone was having issues charging so we spent 2 hours at the Sprint store getting a new one--they just reopened last Friday. There is not much on the agenda this week-so probably more time in the stamp room.

I hope you too have a good Monday!
Click Here

mcschmidty and Kiwime like this post.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:18 AM   #449
SCS RAK Coordinator

Add Wisconsin to the list of state's that are not have road tests to get a driver's license. They are saying that 90-95% pass on the 1st or 2nd time so they are suspending. Well--do you think that might be due to the fact that they practice and are prepared!

Kelly--I wish Tony good luck on his tests!

Maxine--I hope the projects continues to go smooth.

Maggie--I hope your school work is smooth too!

Shelly--sounds like a full house and lots of food too!

Jeanette--stay dry!
Click Here

Old 05-18-2020, 03:47 AM   #450

Oh my goodness... so I guess it's a perk of turning drivable age during the pandemic... no stress driving tests.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty, barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:42 PM   #451
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hello all!
We had over 7" rain since late Thursday night! There are certain areas where the roads are blocked off, but not right by us thankfully.
Today, had a phone Dr appt, and so did Ray- his was by video, and the doc's video was not working, so he did a Facetime with Ray. After our trip to Va., Ray had a very strange rash on his toes, and we thought???Gout- but it did not look like Gout. Have heard recently about Covid toes- that is what they looked like! And, Doc ordered the antibody test to see if it came out positive. How crazy is that. May have just been a rash, I read that the antibody test is not always positive after getting Covid toes.....LOL
I had to run out to Walmart and bought supplies and food, so spent an arm and a leg..... It was pretty well organized though. Our church is collecting for our Myamar (Burmese) refugees- we have a big group, and they are in need. So, I also lucked out at Walmart and got a Gift Card, diapers and TP. Diapers sure have gotten expensive!

Maggie, the German GedMatch group I am in has a lady that reads Old German. I had a name I was trying to read- after she interpreted it, I can make it out, but I did not have a clue! When did the Script change to the German that is used today??? I have many birth records, marriage certificates, etc..... Cool to see the signatures of the ancestors on them!

Wow- I did not know that kids were getting licenses without taking the driving tests- that is kinds crazy! Look out Barb! And, my eldest brother just moved to Georgia! Oh boy!

Maxine- hope your project is going sommthly, Is the work just progressing on the weekends?

Kelly- Best of luck to Tony with his exams. Our Freshman only take one AP test here- and they had to have an adult online state they (the kids) were eho they said they were so kids were not taking AP tests for other kids. Hope you are taking it easy!

Barb- I started some milkweed by germinating in the refridge for 30 days, then planting and only a few came up. I planted them outside and they did not grow well. This year, I have a couple popping up outside- so wild- will be interesting to see if they grow well or not.

Have a fabulous day!!!
Shelly
barbaralynn and Kiwime like this post.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:46 AM   #452

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Oh my! That's a lot of rain, Shelly... I'm glad it wasn't too close to you! I'm praying that it's just a rash and not COVID toes.

Virtual Hugs for all!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and Kiwime like this post.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:21 AM   #453
SCS RAK Coordinator

Click Here

Old 05-19-2020, 05:15 AM   #454
Quacker Stamper

I had not heard of Covid Toes. I hope Ray doesn't have it.

Busy day here. Started out with a follow-up check-up with my cardio doctor. He's the one where I have to wait a long time before getting in and then he wonders why my BP is up at his office. There weren't even that many people there. Usually, the waiting room is full and yesterday it was about 1/4.

Went to HEB on my way home. I haven't been there since the start of the virus. I do order from there through Instacart, but I wanted to go and see how things were going. I was really surprised at how supplied it was. There were a few places that were empty, but they had plenty of TP and paper towels. I found everything that I wanted.

I had a call from a lady that wants me to help her with some research. I was at the doctor's office and told her I'd have to call her back. I did when I got home but got her voice mail, so I have to wait for her to call me back. I've been waiting for a few weeks for her to call since the last time we talked so I was sorry that she called when she did and I wasn't able to talk to her.

I also had a zoom meeting with the British Isles class. that lasted until 3. I didn't get a whole lot done yesterday.

I still haven't seen the peer review on my paper. I need to work on it today and get it submitted so I'm not going to worry about it. We don't need to follow anything that they say anyway. I did submit it to the Online Writing Center for the school and I got a response, so I'm going to go through that and make some changes.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:33 PM   #455
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

First, Happy Birthday Jeanette's Brock! I hope he has a great day!

Maggie - our stores look fully stocked, too. Everything is pretty much there - so whatever the crazy busy frenzy was, it's over. Tony gets odds and ends on his way home but other than that, I instacart from Publix and Aldi's all the time. Good luck on the research - does that mean your partner hasnt' done your peer review? What happens if it's not done on time?

Thanks girls for the encouragement about finals. Just my son! Apparently there was n uprising and it got UGLY - we stayed out of it and I just looked like I didn't see any of the responses to administration. In the end, there are finals for the AP kids. So - what can we do. He's been studying.

My back - like Shelly's - isn't any better. I'm in such great pain all. the. time. It's a hairline fracture and it has to heal, nothing they can do. If it doesn't improve by this week, he said to come back and get cortisone shots. Uh. nope! I broke my tailbone when my daughter was born and it took me nearly a year to sit again - I know what I"m in for. Time, rest, heal, ice, coffee! Not in that order! LOL!

Shelly - covid toe? Never heard of that! But my son came home from scouts one summer (2 weeks away) with a NASTY case of jungle foot! it was horrible! Good luck with that and at least he has a fancy gorgeous nurse! How's online camp coming along? I'm about 5 classes behind ........ lol I think this one was too fast after the first one and it's like GAH.

Hi Maxine!  I don't blame you on the repairs, bless your heart.  And I have no mojo and I'm just drifting.  I think it's too hurtful to sit or stand so it's taking a toll on my creative mojo!  The last few cards I made were like meh.  Hang in there!

Jeanette, I'm sure today is going to be festive so I'll just wave and sit here and wait to see if we are getting a piece of cake!

Hugs!
mcschmidty, mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:04 AM   #456

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Awwww, thanks Kelly! Brock is having two days of celebration - his requested meal yesterday and presents today (which is the actual birthday). He's a happy guy! And yes, I think we should all have a slice of birthday cake.

I was telling my DD about the AP finals, Kelly and she wonders if it is like when she was in HS. She took AP classes... and said the finals were what determined if you got college credit for the class or not. If you didn't take a final (or didn't pass it) you didn't get college credit. In her classes, the final didn't count toward the class grade... in fact, some students chose not to even take the final because they didn't want the college credit.

Sounds crazy to me, and obviously, that was 15 years ago so a lot has probably changed since then.

Maggie, I'm curious, too... what happens if you don't get the peer review? I hope it all works out okay. You've worked so hard on all of your school work and such.

Barb, I hope your day was a good one!

Waving to everyone else... and sending hugs to all!

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and barbaralynn like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:18 AM   #457
Quacker Stamper

Good morning all. I hope you are hanging in there.

Kelly, I can relate to the back pain. I had an injury to my low back at least 15-20 years ago and I am still plagued with the pain. Fortunately, I'm still able to function although when I'm cleaning, I have to sit down periodically and let it calm down. I am also dealing with deltoid bursitis in my right arm. I started doing a Biggest Loser workout every morning. It using light weights for the upper body and it seems to be helping some with the arm. I don't think it will cure it, but I can use it a little more.

I finally heard from my partner yesterday. Nothing would really happen to me if she had not done it, because they are just the person's suggestions. I don't even have to do anything that they suggest. It's all up to me. I had already worked on it some more and made more changes before I got her review.

Happy birthday to Brock.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:52 AM   #458
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--another late check in for me. Heading to the treadmill right now and then stamping time. I have spent time in the stamp room the past two days, but no cards. Just some organizing and watching a few videos. I do have a Zoom meeting for the shelter tonight and our annual meeting will also be on it. We rarely have anyone attend in person, so I doubt anyone will come to the virtual meeting........... Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Happy Happy Birthday to Brock!
Click Here

Old 05-20-2020, 05:54 AM   #459

Hi Maggie - thank you for Brock's birthday greeting. I showed it to him and he liked it!

I'm glad you heard from your partner, even though it wasn't going to cause a problem for you if you hadn't. Way to go on the workout, too.

Find Me on Instagram

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:55 AM   #460

Hi Barb... I missed seeing your message. Thanks for the birthday greetings for Brock.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-20-2020, 12:30 PM   #461
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Happy Birthday to Brock!

I signed up to donate blood today, will head over a little after 1 PM. I have been having B/P issues, have been started on another med- so 2 now since car accident.... lower doses, but hoping I do not have to stay on them! I figure giving blood should help with it a little...hehehe if only for a day or two....

Prayer group this Am, thankful for something regular to keep on going!

I am working on masks for the refugee families- it was also on the list of items needed, and happy to make the cloth ones with a flannel lining that will help them. I am going to look up kid sizes and make some smaller ones as well.

Maggie- glad to hear you finally got your feedback. And, another client on the way! It has to be so fun and exciting to dig into the family history stories! But, I love history : )

Kelly- so sorry for your ongoing pain issues : ( No fun! Yes, what Jeanette said about AP tests. You score 1-5, and some colleges will take the AP tests as college credit. Some will take depending on the scores. Stephi was accepted at Notre Dame- they would only take 7 of her 59 AP credits....Michigan State took all 59, so after one class she was technically a Junior....the problem she had with that, in the summertime, she thought she could take Community College classes and NO! After 60 credits, you cannot transfer classes to Mich State.... It was fine though.

Guess I did not hit publish, they would not take my blood because I am nasaly....allergies. Rejected......

I am going to make a Strawberry Rhubarb pie for Ray this afternoon : )

Shelly
Old 05-21-2020, 02:46 AM   #462

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Thank you Shelly - Brock enjoyed his birthday! I'm sorry you weren't able to give blood... hopefully you're doing better soon!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-21-2020, 06:10 AM   #463
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning from Sunny SE Wisconsin! It is a beautiful day so far and it is to stay that way for a few days. They say temps might hit 80 this weekend--YAY! Then, I looked at the forecast and chance to rain or storms from Saturday through all of next week! I do not like that pattern.....................................
Click Here

Old 05-21-2020, 03:33 PM   #464
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all - AP class and test DONE! Yes, I knew about the colleges and it does looks good when he will apply - his sisters did the same. They do take some AP courses as a college credit and my daughters were able to shave off SEMESTERS by having done them in high school, but it's only if you pass the AP final. Which there in lies the rub. It bothers me that the teachers didn't teach it, but the kids were expected to pass it - hmmm. We find out in June!

Maggie, thanks for explaining! And ouch on the back! You and I are similiar then - I broke my coccyx (tailbone!) giving birth to my first born and it's now aggravated and reinjured and twice the pain. I think once you injury and old injury, it's harder to recover ... idk. this is awful. WTG on the Biggest Loser - is that the one will Jillian something?

Waving to everyone!
Old 05-22-2020, 12:06 AM   #465
Die Cut Diva

Great news Kelly

You have won over at Southern Girls
Old 05-22-2020, 02:14 AM   #466

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Congratulations on the win, Kelly!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-22-2020, 04:30 AM   #467
SCS RAK Coordinator

It is to be a nice day so we are off to walk part of the Ice Age Trail today. This is a 1100 mile contiguous trail that winds through Wisconsin-some paved, some through woods, some parts on roads and though towns too. Claudia and Rebecca have done maybe 150 miles over the past year or so. I am joining them today on a segment that goes through a town and some public gardens--about 7 miles.

We have no plans for the long weekend, other than a cookout on Claudia's new fire pit-making pudgie pies for supper on Monday with two other friends to celebrate a birthday. We will probably spend some time in the gardens as there is lots of weeding to do!

If I do not check back, have a safe Memorial Day Weekend.
Click Here

Old 05-22-2020, 05:34 AM   #468
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post

Hi all - AP class and test DONE! Yes, I knew about the colleges and it does looks good when he will apply - his sisters did the same. They do take some AP courses as a college credit and my daughters were able to shave off SEMESTERS by having done them in high school, but it's only if you pass the AP final. Which there in lies the rub. It bothers me that the teachers didn't teach it, but the kids were expected to pass it - hmmm. We find out in June!

Maggie, thanks for explaining! And ouch on the back! You and I are similiar then - I broke my coccyx (tailbone!) giving birth to my first born and it's now aggravated and reinjured and twice the pain. I think once you injury and old injury, it's harder to recover ... idk. this is awful. WTG on the Biggest Loser - is that the one will Jillian something?

Waving to everyone!
The issue with my injury is that I developed arthritis in that area. Nothing to do about that. No, it is not with Jillian Michael although I have a set of her weights that I use with the DVD. I use 3 lb weights for the upper body part. It's a great workout.

Praying that the AP test went well and you'll get good news in June.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:18 PM   #469
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! I'm heading to Ft. Lauderdale to drop off my daughter at her friend's place for the weekend - I offered to drive her since the friend said she's coming to Miami on Sunday so it was worth not driving up and back. It will be beautiful scenery and I will have my Starbucks and great passenger!

Maxine, I did? I'll have to go peek!

Waving!
mcschmidty, barbaralynn and mschoener like this post.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:42 AM   #470

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Barb, how was the Ice Age Trail hike? Sounds interesting!

Maggie, old injuries sure do like to develop arthritis... I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Kelly, did you have a good drive? I hope your DD has a fantastic time while she's with her friend!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-24-2020, 11:02 PM   #471
Die Cut Diva

Hi girls - enjoy your long weekend, and I hope you have fine weather for it.

Kelly that sounds like a very painful injury - take care and try not to overdo it!

Maggie that must have been dishearting to 'loose' that much work . I hope your tutor accepts what you have done with grace and gives you good marks.

Barb your garden sounds amazing - I am still getting some lettuce from mine, but I basically have only winter crops in now.

Jeanette I hope you managed to get the Ockra for Brock's birthday menu, and that you all had a great day celebrating with him.

Shelly it's great that you have had the girls at home, and good that they have got on so well - it's been a strange time, for sure!

We've had rain - yipee - it was mainly overnight , but we needed it! Today was overcast, grey and damp, but that was o.k. I had spread lots of leaves on my gardens, and they all got a good soaking before it started to blow this morning, and they all stayed put.
We had a series of frosts last week, the last one was down to -3.6 oC (25.5 oF), and it only warmed up to 15 oC (59 oF) through the day, but it was sunny and too dry for this time of year so when we had rain overnight I was happy to lie in bed and hear it.

I am still without a shower, but at least the toilet has been in now for a week - phew. Although there is no door, so while SIL was working here on Sunday I did go next door, much to their amusement - just as well we can laugh over these things!

I have had one afternoon in the studio, and one card came together really quickly, but was a bit ho hum, but the other one was definitely one that had a mind of it's own - I started with one item, and what I had planned did not eventuate, but that one item was still on the final card, which I really like!! 

I have actually gone and done my own shopping today - first time since the end of March!  Most people are observing the 'social distancing, which makes it a bit less nerve racking. 

Waving to you all from a damp Down Under

Last edited by Kiwime; 05-24-2020 at 11:05 PM..
Old 05-25-2020, 02:56 AM   #472

Wishing all of my Chatty Stamper Friends an enjoyable day!

YAY for a working toilet, Maxine! I'm not sure how I would have coped without one.

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-25-2020, 05:50 AM   #473
Quacker Stamper

That must be quite a challenge Maxine to not have a private bathroom. I hope your SIL is able to get it done soon - at least put a door up for it.

Jeanette, I missed that you were looking for okra for Brock's birthday. I never knew what that was until I came to Texas. My DH loved it, but NOT me. I used to cook it for him and the kids - fried in cornmeal.

No plans for Memorial Day here either. My SIL was going to BBQ but the weather is supposed to be nasty so they did that on Saturday. My DD asked if I wanted them to bring some fajitas. I declined. I had an issue with my BP last week and think it was caused by a sodium overload, so I'm having to keep a sharp eye on what I'm eating.

Our Governor allowed bars to open on Friday. The early returns are NOT good. NO social distancing. One waterpark that opened also did not keep up with social distancing. No way I want to start getting back into the world just yet. Our church is still closed, so I kind of go by that.

I have a lot of school work to catch up on.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:58 AM   #474
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Memorial Day Everyone! We did have a good walk on Friday on the Ice Age Trail. We dropped off Claudia's bike at the botanical garden and then drove to the other end of the hike. We walked just under 6 miles, back to the gardens, but sadly they were still closed. Claudia then rode her bike back and came back to pick us up. She came over to our house for supper that night. Rebecca is working on taking our deck apart and we are going to put on a new one with composite decking and a new rail with horizontal cables. Since we are probably not going to host the 4th of July party this year, there is no rush to get it done. We are getting two quotes from two lumberyards for the materials and hope to order by the end of the week. Last night we went out for supper at a local place with outdoor seating-first time in more than two months have we eaten out. We met two of our neighbors there and had a nice time. Today I will spend a bit of time in the stamp room and then head to Claudia's for our pudgie pie supper! I hope everyone is having a safe Memorial Day!
Click Here

Old 05-25-2020, 05:21 PM   #475
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI all! I hope today was wonderful for you all, however you spent the day!

Maggie - thank you.Time is the best healer!
Old 05-26-2020, 04:32 AM   #476

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-26-2020, 04:34 AM   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post

Jeanette, I missed that you were looking for okra for Brock's birthday. I never knew what that was until I came to Texas. My DH loved it, but NOT me. I used to cook it for him and the kids - fried in cornmeal.

Maggie, we eat it quite a bit when it's growing season - DH plants it in his garden. We roast it - it's delicious that way!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-26-2020, 05:00 AM   #478
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Inky Friends! I hope you had a safe weekend and are ready to face the week!
Click Here

Old 05-27-2020, 01:45 AM   #479

Hello Chatty Stampers!

Find Me on Instagram

Old 05-27-2020, 01:47 AM   #480
Die Cut Diva

You are up very early Jeanette - I have not gone to bed yet!!