Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #281
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayInFLView Post
It's posts like those above which make me very grateful to be living in sunny (but kinda chilly) Florida. I realize I will get no sympathy from those of you in the midst of snow storms/snow days but it is COLD here! Saturday i was wearing shorts and today I am covering my plants because it is going to be frosty tonight! This is crazy!!!

In other news, I finally caught up on everyones blog - wow, a talented bunch of women to be sure. There are some seriously cute cards out there and some very tempting stamps that I don't own which will bankrupt me if I order all of them. Anyone interested in some image swapping? We could just go ahead and start an "Oceans 11 image swap" thread so we would know where to post. Purely voluntary of course!

Someone suggested (maybe in the "getting to know you" thread?) that we do some RAKing - if anyone is interested, I have no problem putting together a master list and then sending it to all participants.

Anyone interested can PM me with their name, address, birthday, anniversary - how about that? Again, no pressure, just for those who feel inclined.
Here you go - I'll give it another couple of days to make sure everyone has had a chance to read about it and then I will send out lists to everyone. I've had a great response - 8 sets of info all plugged in and I can see from the responses here on the thread, we have a few more interested. This will be fun!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #282
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeysView Post
I am interested in the RAK and image swap as well. What do you need us to PM you? I think you said at one point but I forgot! LOL

OK, everyone...prayers for my middle DD please. I had to take her to the Urgent Care tonight. She has had a fever since Friday on and off. Responded well to Motrin. I have kept her home from school just to be sure and today she napped (not like her) and woke up with a barky cough. I took her in and she has gunk in her lungs. They gave her steriods so hoping that works. If not, then they think she probably has pneumonia. I guess in kids it can be hard to tell, because they are not the best at the whole BIG breath in with the inhale on x-rays. So...we wait. I hope it is not pneumonia.

Prayers for your dd. I hope she's doing well.

Hey ladies with Magnolia!!! I just really discovered these. I read one place that we in the US couldn't order them, but on their website it looks like we can. I've only used wood mount, so what is the EZ mount?? Is that where you need the acrylic blocks? Do they sell those as well or can I just buy those at Michaels etc?? I'm really in love with those stamps and I can see how I will be starting a whole new collection very soon! Also the unmounted...are those just the rubber?? So then the EZ mount would be better???
*****Edit: I figured out what EZ Mount is , now, where do you get yours from? I've been checking out different websites, I just want to make sure I order from the best with the best prices etc. Thanks!

I'll be sending Kay my RAK info, that sounds like fun.

I'm not much into 3D, but I will give it a shot. Can they be an altered thing or does it have to be all paper??
My Etsy: katiesniche

Last edited by maine_girl; 03-03-2009 at 03:51 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #283
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzyScrapperView Post
Can we start another thread that has our name on it? I sometimes get confusion with all the Blogger... on the thread.
I'm all for a new thread. This one is confusing since it's not even our #...so one that just says Surfin Oceans Eleven chatter would be excellent.
My Etsy: katiesniche
Old 03-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #284
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayInFLView Post
Here you go - I'll give it another couple of days to make sure everyone has had a chance to read about it and then I will send out lists to everyone. I've had a great response - 8 sets of info all plugged in and I can see from the responses here on the thread, we have a few more interested. This will be fun!
Heehee - I guess I should have read your initial post more carefully.
I just pm'd you with my info.

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Old 03-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #285
Hardware Hotshot

I'm surfing blogs tomorrow - has anyone done the challenge? I'm definitely not sure what I'm doing yet - need some inspiration.

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Old 03-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #286
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraosView Post
I'm surfing blogs tomorrow - has anyone done the challenge? I'm definitely not sure what I'm doing yet - need some inspiration.
I will be surfing blogs tomorrow too and hopefully will have my card for the challenge posted as well - I added a 3D element to the card, didn't really make a card that becomes 3D. Hopefully that works

I also signed up for the RAK list and agree with starting a new thread that might be easier to follow. What do you think Chirleen? (did I spell that right? sorry if I didn't)!

One last thing, prayers for sick doggies and children - I'm sorry I'm so late in posting - I seem not to have enough hours in the day!!! But I do read and hope everyone is feeling better (and dug out of the recent snow).
Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #287
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by maine_girlView Post
I'm all for a new thread. This one is confusing since it's not even our #...so one that just says Surfin Oceans Eleven chatter would be excellent.
Ladies,
I started a new thread:

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13307573#post13307573
Old 03-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #288
Insane Embellisher

Thank for your kind thoughts about my four-legged child. It was a case of having a dry nose (like Stephanie suggested). We did not have to worry about that when we lived in Florida . She is better now after a steam bath.

Siobhan - we'll be praying for your daughter.

I'm a bloggin! Check out my bloggin' friends: the NiMBeeS
Old 03-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #289
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by letstampnscrapView Post
Thank for your kind thoughts about my four-legged child. It was a case of having a dry nose (like Stephanie suggested). We did not have to worry about that when we lived in Florida . She is better now after a steam bath.

Siobhan - we'll be praying for your daughter.
Maria,
So glad that's all it was - I know it can be scary. Those furry ones really hold onto our hearts, don't they!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #290
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by maine_girlView Post
Prayers for your dd. I hope she's doing well.

Hey ladies with Magnolia!!! I just really discovered these. I read one place that we in the US couldn't order them, but on their website it looks like we can. I've only used wood mount, so what is the EZ mount?? Is that where you need the acrylic blocks? Do they sell those as well or can I just buy those at Michaels etc?? I'm really in love with those stamps and I can see how I will be starting a whole new collection very soon! Also the unmounted...are those just the rubber?? So then the EZ mount would be better???
*****Edit: I figured out what EZ Mount is , now, where do you get yours from? I've been checking out different websites, I just want to make sure I order from the best with the best prices etc. Thanks!

I'll be sending Kay my RAK info, that sounds like fun.

I'm not much into 3D, but I will give it a shot. Can they be an altered thing or does it have to be all paper??
Katie,
The Magnolia stamps can be ordered at different places. So far I have only ordered direct from the company. The like is on my site. They are ok on time and reasonably priced. There are stamps out there called Haglar and Staglar that are similar and can not be purchased here in the US. That may be the comfusion.
As for how the come. The do have the EZ mounted ones(higher priced) that all you have to do is stick them to acrylic blocks. Easy to use and only need one block. The also have the unmounted that is just the rubber. You will need to get EZ mount and apply it to the rubber and use as above. I usually do this. There are certain places that sell EZ mount. not sure if Magnolia site does or not. I do not think Michael's sells it. I have a local store I get it from.

Kathy