Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #121  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YAY we have a name... but whats in a name? that which we call Paper Pals by any other name would um, smell as sweet?
now this is a DUH question.... do I have to comment the same day each week (ex. every Monday), or is it ok to comment once every 7 days, even if once its a Tuesday, and once a Friday?
i never belonged to a blogroll before, so I don't know the proper etiquitte.... so before i drink the finger bowl or anything LOL let me know
-laura s
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 AM   #122  
Insane Embellisher

Glad everyone likes the name! See you all in the bloggin world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #123  
Matboard Maniac

Hey Laura,
I think the idea is to comment on every else's blog "at least" once a week. So posting a comment on Jenny's blog and then making sure to do so again no more than 13 days later. I don't think anyone is going to be leaning over your shoulder with a stop watch or anything, the guideline is to make sure no one feels like they are being ignored. You could ALMOST comment on one blog a day and be covered!

Does that help?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #124  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by laura6View Post
YAY we have a name... but whats in a name? that which we call Paper Pals by any other name would um, smell as sweet?
now this is a DUH question.... do I have to comment the same day each week (ex. every Monday), or is it ok to comment once every 7 days, even if once its a Tuesday, and once a Friday?
i never belonged to a blogroll before, so I don't know the proper etiquitte.... so before i drink the finger bowl or anything LOL let me know
-laura s
This is my first blogging group too. I personally am not going to be policing which of y'all are commenting and when and whether or not you do it exactly every 7 days or whatever.

So IMO, each of us should do what's easiest for us - whether it's commenting on each blog one certain day a week, or going through the list and commenting on one blog a day, or something in the middle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #125  
Rubber Obsessor

Hey girls!! Love the name!! heehee Just made the rounds today with everyones blogs. Sorry I haven't updated mine in a few days. Just trying to get caught up after our vacation on everything else seems to be taking longer than I thought. Can you believe it is the end of July? *shakes head* where did this month go?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2010, 07:16 AM   #126  
Band Mom

Happy weekend, girls!

Do many of y'all use Copics? I'm trying to decide if I should invest in them. I like that the Sketches have a much wider variety of colors available, but I'm not sure I can justify the extra cost of the Sketches vs. the Ciaos. I don't think I'd ever be airbrushing with them, so that advantage of the Sketches is a moot point to me. I'd appreciate any input y'all can give on this subject.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2010, 09:16 AM   #127  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VAView Post
Happy weekend, girls!

Do many of y'all use Copics? I'm trying to decide if I should invest in them. I like that the Sketches have a much wider variety of colors available, but I'm not sure I can justify the extra cost of the Sketches vs. the Ciaos. I don't think I'd ever be airbrushing with them, so that advantage of the Sketches is a moot point to me. I'd appreciate any input y'all can give on this subject.
Never say never.... I said I would never spend that much on a marker, but now I have a good start on a growing copic collection. I buy mostly ciao just because of the price, but fill in the colours I can't get in ciao with the sketch markers. There are a few threads on here that tell you how to jimmy the holder on the airbrush to hold the ciao markers, so you could use the ciao for airbrushing. I buy my markers from Oozak. I found they are the least expensive and the shipping is fairly reasonable - especially if you're having them shipped to Canada like I have to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2010, 01:32 PM   #128  
Band Mom

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
Never say never.... I said I would never spend that much on a marker, but now I have a good start on a growing copic collection. I buy mostly ciao just because of the price, but fill in the colours I can't get in ciao with the sketch markers. There are a few threads on here that tell you how to jimmy the holder on the airbrush to hold the ciao markers, so you could use the ciao for airbrushing. I buy my markers from Oozak. I found they are the least expensive and the shipping is fairly reasonable - especially if you're having them shipped to Canada like I have to.
Thanks, Cat. I've heard good things about Oozak from another friend. It would drive me nuts to have some ciaos and some sketches though - I'm *that* particular, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #129  
Insane Embellisher

Sorry - I'm a prisma pencil gal!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #130  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by doggonecraftsView Post
Sorry - I'm a prisma pencil gal!!!
I love using pencil crayons and oms too! I only have 1 prisma pencil - gray for shadowing, but I like the koohinor pencils and my trusty old crayolas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 05:58 AM   #131  
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't been around. I just got back from CHA and I'm trying to catch up.
Commenting one time in one week is all I think we need to do, unless you want to be doing more.
I use Copic Sketch markers a lot. I went with the Sketch because I knew I wanted to get the airbrush and I wanted more colors. I guess it is what ever you think is best for you. I have ordered from Oozak but they are always out of the colors I want so I started ordering from ICopic. Their shipping is just as fast as Oozak and once you place your first order with them and pay shipping, anything after that is free shipping over $50 AND the markers then become a bit cheaper. They give you the "membership" price which I believe is .25 difference from Oozak. Hope that helps! =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #132  
Matboard Maniac

Hey ladies,
I don't suppose any of you would be interested in being "writers" for the Blog Candy Blog? it just means posting blog candy or challenges that have prizes to the blog when you come across them.

I feel kinda silly asking here but I don't have a "post so only my blogging buddies can see it" option on my blog lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #133  
Rubber Obsessor

Ruth,

Laura and I are basically the team leaders for the Stamps R Us Challenge blog. Each week (or 2 weeks until we can get things going), we'll be offering some prizes. Is that something you'd want us to post? Or do you strictly want blog candy? In that case, I'll have 2 giveaways coming up that I can help you out with. Tell us what we'd have to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #134  
Band Mom

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampasmileView Post
I have ordered from Oozak but they are always out of the colors I want so I started ordering from ICopic. Their shipping is just as fast as Oozak and once you place your first order with them and pay shipping, anything after that is free shipping over $50 AND the markers then become a bit cheaper. They give you the "membership" price which I believe is .25 difference from Oozak. Hope that helps! =)
I noticed that when I created a customer account on Oozak, the prices dropped. So if you're logged in as a customer there, you'll see lower prices than if you're not logged in... 72 cents lower on individual Sketch markers, and about $50 difference on the big sets of 72 markers. Oozak's not-logged-in prices are right in line with iCopic's never-ordered-from-before prices.

Does that make sense? lol

If you have a moment and don't mind doing so, would you mind letting me know the iCopic "membership" price on the sets of 72 Sketch markers and the sets of 12 Sketch markers so I can compare with the Oozak prices? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #135  
Polyshrink Goddess

Im Playing catch up here,Finally got settled in at my moms house.Im going to check out some blogs.

I don't think my coloring is good enough to buy copics,I'm practicing with bic Markers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #136  
Matboard Maniac

Alissa, if it's got a prize it counts You'd actually get listed in the "weekly (title I'm gonna have to change to include more than just "candy")" on the sidebar as well as get a post. It's exactly the sort of thing I wanted to post.

Laura, you made me laugh out loud at your bic marker comment heh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #137  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VAView Post
I noticed that when I created a customer account on Oozak, the prices dropped. So if you're logged in as a customer there, you'll see lower prices than if you're not logged in... 72 cents lower on individual Sketch markers, and about $50 difference on the big sets of 72 markers. Oozak's not-logged-in prices are right in line with iCopic's never-ordered-from-before prices.

Does that make sense? lol

If you have a moment and don't mind doing so, would you mind letting me know the iCopic "membership" price on the sets of 72 Sketch markers and the sets of 12 Sketch markers so I can compare with the Oozak prices? Thanks in advance.
I could never get myself logged in at Oozak to create an account so I have no idea what I was paying per marker there. I will log in at ICopic when I have some spare time and let you know the prices are there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #138  
Rubber Obsessor

Perfect. Just let me know what to do then, and I'm in, Ruth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #139  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks Alissa! just IM me your email address and I'll send you an invite to be a writer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #140  
Matboard Maniac

Hey, I have another idea.

How about we do an image exchange. I don't know what else to call it... but take a 12x12 piece of white watercolor paper and use black or brown stazeon to stamp an image 6-12 times (depending on the size of the image) leaving room for it to but cut out in a square/rectangle or circle/oval). Could even cut them out first so they fit in a regular envelope. We'd have to announce the size to one another first (ie 2inch by 3inch or somesuch).

Since we're a small group I think we can just mail directly. But what do you think? I know I'd love to make some new cards and I have some super cute images to share.

This is my list of stamps (I THINK it's current) in case anyone wants to pick their own image for me to stamp. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Gc&hl=en#gid=0

Who's in?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #141  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerkanaTyrView Post
...Who's in?
I wouldn't mind doing that. Even though I have so many stamps haven't used yet, I'm always up for new images. The only 12x12 white paper I have that is stamp quality though is my Domtar Cougar 130#. I use it when I want to colour with copics. Its really nice paper. I guess using that paper would also give you guys a change to see if you like the paper as well....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #142  
Matboard Maniac

Yeah, and if we're cutting them first we don't have to use 12x12 paper. Heck we don't even have to use watercolor paper (I don't have copic markers, but I do have Stampin' Up markers).

In my case the best white paper I have is watercolor paper cause I usually use watercolor pencils and a brush to do my coloring.

I'd love some scenery or I saw on one of the Paper Pal blogs a wine and cheese arrangement. I've tons of cute'n'furries so something more grown up would be ideal for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #143  
Band Mom

Quote:

Hey, I have another idea.

How about we do an image exchange. I don't know what else to call it... but take a 12x12 piece of white watercolor paper and use black or brown stazeon to stamp an image 6-12 times (depending on the size of the image) leaving room for it to but cut out in a square/rectangle or circle/oval). Could even cut them out first so they fit in a regular envelope. We'd have to announce the size to one another first (ie 2inch by 3inch or somesuch).

Since we're a small group I think we can just mail directly. But what do you think? I know I'd love to make some new cards and I have some super cute images to share.

This is my list of stamps (I THINK it's current) in case anyone wants to pick their own image for me to stamp. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Gc&hl=en#gid=0

Who's in?
Ruth, you are more organized than I am to have all your stamp sets in a spreadsheet like that!

Actually, I do have a spreadsheet of my SU stamp sets. But I don't have a listing of my Lizzie Anne Designs sets or Hero Arts or Eat Cake Graphics stamps or stamps by other miscellaneous companies. But that shouldn't be too difficult to draft.

I like the idea. What's the easiest way to go about it, though?

A) Each person willing to participate provides a list of what images she has available. Say I want something from Ruth's list. I tell Ruth what I'd like, PM her my mailing address, and she sends me the images. So if you want something from a particular person, you contact that person and she sends the images to you.

2) One person offers to collect everyone's mailing address and distributes it to the group. (I don't mind doing that.) Then we just mail a few random images to everyone else.

iii) Any other suggestions?

Last edited by PH in VA; 08-05-2010 at 05:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #144  
Band Mom

I've also been wondering if our group wanted to exchange mailing addresses and birthday info, so that way if we wanted we could send a little happy mail to the others.

(And I haven't just been wondering that because my birthday is at the end of the month... :p)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #145  
Matboard Maniac

Mine too PH! I'm August 20th

I think it might be easier to do it like a card swap. So wait until we know who all is "signing up" and then everyone sends in two different images (or just one, whatever) x number of participants. So if all ten of us sign up we each send in 10 of one image and 10 of another to the organizer (me or PH) and then you get back 20 images. While you shouldn't have to send in one for yourself it doesn't cost anything more and it's way easier for the organizer not to screw up lol

It means we only get one of each new image to work with but might be a good start? We should then be required to make a card with the new images and post them to our blogs, of course.

If I did two images (which I like I think) I'd probably do one cute'n'cuddly and one "other" for my contribution.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 05:07 AM   #146  
Insane Embellisher

I would love to do the image swap, but I just don't have the time right now. Sorry girls!

B-day and email list is a great idea! Mine is July 21 and email is [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2010, 07:17 AM   #147  
Matboard Maniac

So I was thinking about not having a private place to post that all of us would see and I said to myself, "self... why can't you guys just have a locked down blog that only the authors can view?"

I thought, hey, that's a good idea! And... just in case others think so to... I went ahead and created one (cause it takes like, two seconds to do it) and already invited Jenny since she posted her email address.

That's all I need to invite you guys to be authors is your email address. It's locked down so you can post and only the other 9 people will see your post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #148  
Die Cut Diva

That's a good idea about the blog. Here's my email address: catscrapfever @ shaw . ca
Now for the images, I don't have a list of my stamps, per se. I have scanned all of my stamp images to make index sheets though. I wouldn't be able to put these up for people to see them, since I have soooo many stamps. Perhaps we could choose themes and then we could send images that fit those themes. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to get some US stamps and you ladies in the States would need Canadian stamps for return postage.... I'm in Canada eh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #149  
Matboard Maniac

US stamps are easy, or you can just put two Canadian stamps on and you're set! The post office sells US stamps.

I think our best bet is to treat this like a card swap but with just stamped images. It means only getting one of each of the other images, but we can always ask the person who made it for more (or buy the stamp).

I like each of us sending in two types... one cute'n'fuzzy (though turtles are cute but not fuzzy) and grown-up. That leaves it WIDE open. We send in one of each of those per person that signs up to do it. How's that sounds?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #150  
Band Mom

Sounds easier for us to mail images to one coordinator than to everybody interested in swapping. Depending on how many of us sign up, we may even be able to do two of each image.

For future reference, it costs 75 cents to mail from the US to Canada (maximum length 11 1/2", height 6 1/8" or thickness 1/4").
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #151  
Matboard Maniac

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said "like a card swap" hehe.

Since you're in USA it's probably easier for the rest if you coordinate instead of me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #152  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

US ...The post office sells US stamps...
I've never been able to get US stamps at the postal outlets. They always give me the stamps that are specifically for mailing to the US (i.e. US rate stamps) but not US stamps. I checked the Canada Post website and they don't have any US stamps listed on there at all. Where did you find US stamps in Calgary?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #153  
Matboard Maniac

Oh I see what you mean now. You could always include a $5 bill? I don't know... or if the hostess is American, then us Canadian participants can pay for postage via paypal?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #154  
Rubber Obsessor

Ruth - I just got my Stamps R Us challenge post ready to go for tomorrow. I want to make sure I don't screw up your blog completely so I'm just confirming: I'm going to write a normal post tomorrow that basically says our challenge is running for 2 weeks, it's a masculine project theme and there will be blog candy given away to the challenge winner, yada, yada. Now it's a bi-weekly challenge so this will run until Sunday August 22 at midnight and the winner will be announced Monday the 23rd. Is my tag "Drawn on 23rd"?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #155  
Matboard Maniac

That's right!
And I have the blog on follow so I can always edit a post if there's some glaring error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2010, 03:42 AM   #156  
Rubber Obsessor

Okay I posted it. Fix it if anything's wrong and I'll follow your lead for next time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2010, 06:19 AM   #157  
Insane Embellisher

I'm getting VERY confused by all the blog and challenge talk! Is the Paper Pals Blog going to be a challenge blog? Or you are guys talking about the Stamps R Us Challenge blog? Ruth which one are you running? And then some of you here are doing an image swap? I guess I can't keep up =0
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2010, 07:22 AM   #158  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Jenny,
Alissa is talking about Blog Candy Blog which is a Blog I run that posts to let people know about blog candy and challenges that have prizes. She's signed up to help "author" it.

She posted ABOUT the Stamps R Us since they are having a challenge that has a prize.

We're also organizing an image swap, the only reason we're not doing that on the new Paper Pals private chat blog is cause only half of us are there yet

Paper Pals blog group is ONLY a place to talk to each other privately. Only invited authors can read it. If one of us wanted to post a challange, only the other 9 would see it. But, still waiting to see if the others want to sign up to use it.

Does that clear it all up? We're having a conversation like how my in-laws do it. My MiL and all her (9!) sisters in one room with her two daughters and various daughter in laws and there's 14 conversations going on at once. It "saves time" she says lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #159  
Mad Swapper

I have wordpress, and try as I might ot leave comments to people on Blogger, I keep getting an error message.
Some Blogger ages are lettinf me post comments, but the ones that aren't, I try at different times of the da even.... no go
I googled the error message, and it seems I'm not the only Wordpress user with this issue, but have no clue how to fix it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #160  
Matboard Maniac

I've allowed anonymous posting on mine, have you ever had a problem commenting to me?
Reply With Quote Likes