Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Groups (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/)
-   -   Paper Bloggers Reunited - Closed! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/paper-bloggers-reunited-closed-575206/)

mschoener 07-15-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20246469)
frys ink refill program was NOT worth the trouble or the money. only 1 out 3 works in the printer and trying to get checked out @ frys is like trying to rob fort knox in broad day light with the FBI's help

I have pretty much figured that for most of those refill programs. With Office Depot, I can turn in my empty ink cartridges and get a couple $$ off my purchase. I usually end up forgetting to take them, so I have quite a few of them piling up.

LOL! That is just the funniest line I've heard in a long time. I hope I can remember it sometime to use it.

mschoener 07-15-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01 (Post 20246715)
Hello from the desert! I hope everyone is having a great Monday. I hope to visit your blogs today. I updated my sidebar a while ago. Please me know if I am missing you. I think that I have it correct.
I am busy cleaning my house today. Once done with that I need to take the van in. I have a nail in one of my tires:-(.
I have been busy crafting this month! I really cleaned up my craft room and switched a few things around...........makes working in the tight space better. Check my blog to see what I made for a Cricut swap I am in. I CANNOT wait to see what I get back. This was a Facebook swap.
Do any of you watch Drop Dead Diva on tv? I have to say that I really love that show! LOL It was on last night. Also do any of you watch The View? I tape it and watch it when there is an interesting guest on. There will be a lot of changes with Elisabeth and Joy leaving. LOL
Well take care and I will check in again this week.

Your swap project is so cute, and you DD's bows are so pretty. She's a great crafter.

I've never heard of that show, but wish I had. It sounds like something that I would have liked to watch.

I watch The View whenever I'm home during the week, but not enough to tape it and watch it later. I have so many other shows on my DVR that I have to watch. ;) I wonder who they will get to replace them. Then, of course, Barbara is leaving also. It'll be almost a whole new crowd.

mschoener 07-15-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20247175)
I thought I includud it, sorry. It's Feb 10th.

No problem. Thanks. I'll get it finished tomorrow and sent out to everyone so everyone will have all the information they need.

ibalady12 07-15-2013 05:17 PM

i found a challenge for all you hard core colorers. its the whoopsiedaisy challenge. the challenge is to use your markers. the actual address is http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.com. she has some adorable images she makes by the sheet. not just one @a time like most digi artists. she even has a compilation of her digis on CD. her currency is pounds so i dont know how much it comes to in us dollars. its a good thing we dont have to pay postage. the last item I had shipped from the UK was 6.00 . i think thats way too much for a die for my wizard die cutting machine.
One more thing I found a case of 1000 A2 envelopes for less than 20 plus shipping. yes it says 1000 . with shipping it comes like to 35 and change. if anybody is interested, i'll send the link

ibalady12 07-15-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 20247190)
Your swap project is so cute, and you DD's bows are so pretty. She's a great crafter.

I've never heard of that show, but wish I had. It sounds like something that I would have liked to watch.

I watch The View whenever I'm home during the week, but not enough to tape it and watch it later. I have so many other shows on my DVR that I have to watch. ;) I wonder who they will get to replace them. Then, of course, Barbara is leaving also. It'll be almost a whole new crowd.

y'all have more patience than me. all that talking over each other gets on my nerves. i never make it past the first 5 minutes before i either change the channel or cut it off . i even like whoopi that still doesnt make it any better tho

hpyscrpr2 07-16-2013 07:49 AM

Checking in while I pack! I can't wait to leave & have a wonderful time....I'll check in again when I return!

Hope you're all well & have a great rest of the day :-D

mschoener 07-16-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 (Post 20247893)
Checking in while I pack! I can't wait to leave & have a wonderful time....I'll check in again when I return!

Hope you're all well & have a great rest of the day :-D

I do hope that you and AnneMarie have a fabulous time. Can't wait to hear all about it!

mschoener 07-16-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20247197)
i found a challenge for all you hard core colorers. its the whoopsiedaisy challenge. the challenge is to use your markers. the actual address is Whoopsi Daisy Challenge. she has some adorable images she makes by the sheet. not just one @a time like most digi artists. she even has a compilation of her digis on CD. her currency is pounds so i dont know how much it comes to in us dollars. its a good thing we dont have to pay postage. the last item I had shipped from the UK was 6.00 . i think thats way too much for a die for my wizard die cutting machine.
One more thing I found a case of 1000 A2 envelopes for less than 20 plus shipping. yes it says 1000 . with shipping it comes like to 35 and change. if anybody is interested, i'll send the link

I have a couple of her images and every so often she has a freebie. There was one on her blog yesterday - very cute.

mschoener 07-16-2013 11:06 AM

Ladies, I've sent out the updated mailing list. If there are any errors, please let me know. I've also included the "rules" of our blogging group.

Hope you all are having a great day.

I've got Corey scheduled for surgery tomorrow to be declawed so he can become a permanent member of our household. I look forward to having him out and about with the other kitties by next Tuesday at the latest.

Soni B 07-16-2013 02:18 PM

Maggie I got your email, thanks so much

I also made the rounds to see what you all have been up to...

cute cute stuff...

time for me to get busy again... I will let you all know when I post any thing

have a nice evening

mschoener 07-17-2013 04:42 AM

Good morning Paper Bloggers!

Today is the day I take Corey to the vet to be declawed. This is the big step to having him be able to come out and be with the rest of the family. I've been adding a little bit of indoor cat food to his diet over the last couple of days so while he's recovering from his surgery for a few days, I'll get him changed over to his new food. He'll be staying overnight at the vet and I'll pick him up tomorrow after work.

ibalady12 07-17-2013 04:07 PM

hey y'all ....i have a video I want y'all to see . anyone else want to participate ?
http://www.diainc.com/portfolio/bra-ha-ha-sizzle-2011

ibalady12 07-17-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20249968)
hey y'all ....i have a video I want y'all to see . anyone else want to participate ?
Bra Ha Ha ? Sizzle 2011 | DiaInc.com

Bra Ha Ha ? Sizzle 2011 | DiaInc.com this is the link, the html to copy and paste was in the prior post

mschoener 07-17-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20249968)
Bra Ha Ha ? Sizzle 2011 | DiaInc.com

I saw this earlier on the Simply Betty Stamps FB page. I've never heard of it before, but it's a great cause. Here's the link if you want to take part in decorating a bra and entering it into the contest.

ABOUT US

I'm so not good at coming up with ideas for things like this, but some of you are very creative.

smadson 07-18-2013 09:35 AM

Good morning everyone! :) Thank you Maggie for the updated Blogger list and birthdays.
I am still having to match up the right names to the right Blogs.
I visited all the Blogs and commented on last posts. I am not listed on Kellys or Sonies or Kreate With Me. None of us are listed on Nancys yet. Has anyone heard from her? She hasn't posted since May. Some of them have the Bloggers Reunited listed, but not me. :(

From now on, I will just visit as new posts go up, as I can see that on my Blog! :)
Have a great day everyone!

mschoener 07-18-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20251141)
Good morning everyone! :) Thank you Maggie for the updated Blogger list and birthdays.
I am still having to match up the right names to the right Blogs.
I visited all the Blogs and commented on last posts. I am not listed on Kellys or Sonies or Kreate With Me. None of us are listed on Nancys yet. Has anyone heard from her? She hasn't posted since May. Some of them have the Bloggers Reunited listed, but not me. :(

From now on, I will just visit as new posts go up, as I can see that on my Blog! :)
Have a great day everyone!

Kelly has been away for about a month with grandchildren visiting and her DH was home. He travels for work so she's not always around when he's home.

Jackie is an SU Demo and has been very busy getting ready to go to Convention and it started today I believe so she's gone for at least a week. She also doesn't post as much during the Summer when her kids are out of school.

I never noticed that Soni doesn't have a blog roll on her blog.

I'll have to check with Nancy. Sh is is part of another blogging group that I'm in.

Good idea to keep up with those that have new posts. That's great that you have it set up that way so you can readily see what's going on. I need to figure out how to do that on my blog also.

smadson 07-18-2013 03:26 PM

Two things

1. Maggie, I didn't mean to be whining. I am so thankful to be part of this group, and I thank you all who have stopped by my Blog. Because no one came before I joined this group! :)

2. Maggie, I don't know how I got my Blog to show updated blog of everyone. I just finally figured out how to get them on my sidebar, and that is how they showed up! LOL
so I can't help you with that! :)

ibalady12 07-18-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20251679)
1. Maggie, I didn't mean to be whining. I am so thankful to be part of this group, and I thank you all who have stopped by my Blog. Because no one came before I joined this group! :)

2. Maggie, I don't know how I got my Blog to show updated blog of everyone. I just finally figured out how to get them on my sidebar, and that is how they showed up! LOL

Im sure maggie didnt find you to be whining. shes wonderfully friendly. she even has more than one blog group that she belongs to . personally i dont know how she does it. before i got laid off i could barely keep up with these guys muchless try to grow my followers.
not that maggie would have said shes wonderfully friendly , shes modest too. she can tell you more about her groups she belongs to

dont blush maggie, just telling the truth.the rest of the girls are just as friendly and supportive.

As for the last update on your blog side bar mine always has on blogger. i didnt think I was doing anything different than anybody else . it my have to do with folks changing to bloglovin. I set mine up but dont use it. i"m still just using blogger. i know it was supposed to go away but it still works fine .

maybe thats what it is maggie. I really didnt do anything special to make it work with the updates of how long ago the person posted

ashjoy 07-18-2013 03:58 PM

I visited all as well.
I have cards I made while on my trips but don't know where they need up. Still trying to get stuff put away.

mschoener 07-18-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Sharon, I don't think that you were whining. I just wanted to let you know that there are extenuating circumstances sometimes and these are things that we knew before you and Joyce joined the groups, so just wanted to bring you up to date. We're very glad to have you guys here.

I guess I'll have to look over the widgets and figure it out.

mschoener 07-18-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20251697)
Im sure maggie didnt find you to be whining. shes wonderfully friendly. she even has more than one blog group that she belongs to . personally i dont know how she does it. before i got laid off i could barely keep up with these guys muchless try to grow my followers.
not that maggie would have said shes wonderfully friendly , shes modest too. she can tell you more about her groups she belongs to

dont blush maggie, just telling the truth.the rest of the girls are just as friendly and supportive.

As for the last update on your blog side bar mine always has on blogger. i didnt think I was doing anything different than anybody else . it my have to do with folks changing to bloglovin. I set mine up but dont use it. i"m still just using blogger. i know it was supposed to go away but it still works fine .

maybe thats what it is maggie. I really didnt do anything special to make it work with the updates of how long ago the person posted

:oops: You do make me blush Brandy. I do think that all of our ladies are friendly, and supportive of each other and try to post and visit as much as they can. Sometimes life gets in the way.

I'm still using Blogger for my blog. Blogger didn't go away, only Google Reader went away which is what a lot of people used to follow blogs, but now that has gone, many switched over to Bloglovin. I think my issue is somewhere in the Widget set up. I need to check that out and see how it works.

ibalady12 07-18-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 20251736)
:oops: You do make me blush Brandy. I do think that all of our ladies are friendly, and supportive of each other and try to post and visit as much as they can. Sometimes life gets in the way.

I'm still using Blogger for my blog. Blogger didn't go away, only Google Reader went away which is what a lot of people used to follow blogs, but now that has gone, many switched over to Bloglovin. I think my issue is somewhere in the Widget set up. I need to check that out and see how it works.

thats just it . the reader part of blogger still works like it always did . i open blogger and all the updated blog posts are there . i never had to switch.

ibalady12 07-18-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20251748)
thats just it . the reader part of blogger still works like it always did . i open blogger and all the updated blog posts are there . i never had to switch.

last post was from vikki , 3 hrs ago. I still have blogger set up as my home page . just a second ago i clicked my little house and up comes vikkis most recent post

pinkdisneychick01 07-18-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20247205)
y'all have more patience than me. all that talking over each other gets on my nerves. i never make it past the first 5 minutes before i either change the channel or cut it off . i even like whoopi that still doesnt make it any better tho

Brandy, I smiled and laughed right out loud when I read this. Too funny! It is funny because you sounded like my hubby. He cannot stand the chatter on the View. LOL Drives him crazy when I have it on.

pinkdisneychick01 07-18-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

You DEFINITELY did not sound like you are whining. I think you are probably like the most.....excited to be blogging and part of a group :-) I know that is how I feel. Always super excited to see comments and see new followers. Also excited to visit everyone else, get to know them and see what they have recently done.

pinkdisneychick01 07-18-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 20251736)

You are GREAT Miss Maggie!! Blush again:-) SO appreciate all you do for our group:-)

pinkdisneychick01 07-18-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 20247190)

That's right...I forgot Barbara was leaving also. Thanks for the mentioning DD bows. She is SO excited about them. I told her about the comments. I am beginning to think she may not be so much a paper crafter but a crafter of other things. She is MUCH neater when using fabric and a glue gun than an ink pad. LOL I guess time will tell. I am just glad she crafts.

mschoener 07-19-2013 03:25 AM

Good morning Paper Bloggers!

Glad to be of help here. I love our little group and have enjoyed so much getting to know all of you and seeing all your creations. Everyone has their own style.

Brenda, I think it's great that your DD likes to do other crafts. Whatever it is will be very fulfilling if she's happy at doing it.

ashjoy 07-19-2013 04:15 AM

Good morning:)

mschoener 07-19-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20251748)

I can actually get a list of blogs on my Blogger account that I can peruse, but that is different than Google Reader. And I can't tell you the difference because I never really used G.R. to look at blogs or for anything else, but a lot of people did for various reasons. The deal was that it was getting too large for them to sustain it without asking for $$ for it, so they just discontinued it. Google is suggesting using Evernote, but that does cost $$ and I don't see a reason to do that.

smadson 07-19-2013 09:08 AM

Hi! I am st Mom's . We have been busy today: feedings, went to the Dr., now at home and the occupational therapist is here working with her. She took her own shore today ( and has been since we came home. She walked ( with her walker) quite a ways to the car and then into the dr office and back home. She has had a busy day and it is only noon. And my sis is coming from out of state to see her this week-end.
Anyway JCI

ibalady12 07-19-2013 11:50 AM

y'all have a good weekend. i dont imagine im gonna have time to post this weekend. its heirloom convention time . definitely gonna be a good time . talk to y'all monday

ashjoy 07-20-2013 07:13 AM

Have fun Brandy.

Hi Sharon. I'm betting all this has become an education. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Good morning all! Have a great weekend!

We are off to a street fair today. Its really hot so going to go early and be home early.

mschoener 07-20-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20252653)
Hi! I am st Mom's . We have been busy today: feedings, went to the Dr., now at home and the occupational therapist is here working with her. She took her own shore today ( and has been since we came home. She walked ( with her walker) quite a ways to the car and then into the dr office and back home. She has had a busy day and it is only noon. And my sis is coming from out of state to see her this week-end.
Anyway JCI

Sounds like your mom is making progress. How long will she have to have the feeding tube? Is that something that is just temporary? So glad your sis is coming to town. Will she just be here fore the weekend? I hope that will give you a rest.

mschoener 07-20-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20252897)
y'all have a good weekend. i dont imagine im gonna have time to post this weekend. its heirloom convention time . definitely gonna be a good time . talk to y'all monday

Hope you are having a wonderful time at the Convention Brandy.

mschoener 07-20-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20253831)
Have fun Brandy.

Hi Sharon. I'm betting all this has become an education. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Good morning all! Have a great weekend!

We are off to a street fair today. Its really hot so going to go early and be home early.

Hope you had a fun time at the street fair. Are there booths set up with vendors for different things - crafts, food, drinks? Do they have any kind of talent shows going on?

mschoener 07-20-2013 02:45 PM

For some reason, I was thinking that today was the 27th, but it's NOT! I'm supposed to go with my DD and family to see Wicked and I thought it was today, but glad to find out it's next week. I had so much to do today that I wouldn't have been able to get it all done if I had to go out in the afternoon. I've got a load of clothes in the washer and the dishwasher is finishing up. As soon as they are done, I'll be able to go take my shower and then plan to spend some time in my stamp room.

ashjoy 07-20-2013 03:24 PM

Maggie, there wasn't much there at all this year. It only took us about 25 minutes. Dh had a sandwich, we looked atth horses and a few artists stands. I think the heat just scared everyone away this year. We couldn't wait to get home to the a/c.

smadson 07-20-2013 05:30 PM

Hi. Maggie, Mom will always have the feeding tube, because of the ALS. She can't speak or swallow because of the ALS. I will get a break tomorrow morning. Sis will feed her, and I can sleep in and go to church. Also, next week we may get more help from Hospice. Don't know how much they help, but will get relief for a couple of the feedings. My mom hates all of this, bless her heart. She is quite the lady going thru all of this!

The 27 is all so the Dare To Get Dirty for fan club members. If you are not a Fan Club Member, look at joining. Dare To Get Dirty is my favorite thing on SCS every year. :)

Joyce, sorry your street fair wasn't great this year. It is also hot here.
Thanks for the prayers. Prayer is what is getting us thru all of this. I can't believe what we have gone thru, and learned, and life goes on. But my God is good!
:)

mschoener 07-20-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20254320)
Maggie, there wasn't much there at all this year. It only took us about 25 minutes. Dh had a sandwich, we looked atth horses and a few artists stands. I think the heat just scared everyone away this year. We couldn't wait to get home to the a/c.

Bummer, sorry that the fair turned out to be a bust!