Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2015, 05:30 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts
Default OPEN - Creative Card Making Chicks - Part 2

Please find all current Creative Card Makin' Chicks' activity in the thread labeled

2B

Last edited by allee's; 09-07-2015 at 02:35 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yiiieahh!! Happy Saturday evening ladies! Thank you so much Lynn for giving us a fresh new start!

Happy Birthday Lynn!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Kim, I'm sorry I didn't see your messages until now.

Just getting online now in the past 48 hours or so. My other half has a stomach bug so have been taking care of him along with making doctor's appointments and running around getting medicines for him. My mom is also leaving for a 2 week trip to Taiwan so was searching for all my overseas plugs, cords and external batteries for her iphone, etc and teaching her how everything works and the order of attachments. lol

Today, I was helping out a friend with his business and just woke up from a much needed nap!

Glad you figured out the image for the Cards for a Cause. Feel free to copy any image you ever like on my blog! I'm sure I found it the same way by finding it on other's blogs? I'm not participating in the monthly calls for various causes here on SCS but I have contributed to our troops in previous years and now am an active participant and hostess for the monthly call for Ronald McDonald Houses. Our wonderful Lynn was so generous in sending me a HUGE box of her gorgeous handmade cards for the cause!!

Now that I'm back in the job search market, I'll finally be able to get down to my local RMH in Pasadena to finally drop off the cards Lynn sent. I got side tracked the past 2-3 months when I joined some friends for a start up venture that unfortunately lacked momentum, but it sure kept me super busy 24/7!!

As for your question regarding how to display both most recent blog post and date on your blog roll, I too use blogger and it's a very simple way to do that. I just did a google search for wordpress and came up with these plugins that you have to download. I don't have or use wordpress to try these out to see if they're valid unfortunately. https://wordpress.org/plugins/live-b...l/screenshots/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2015, 10:01 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Kim, I found this wordpress blogger who validated that the plugins I had referred to you in above posts were no longer supported by wordpress so she wrote this blog post detailing instructions on how to do so. You can see that she does indeed have blog rolls on the side (look at her Friends section blog roll) that look to be updated by most recent blog posts with a snippet (blog post title) just like the rest of us do who use blogger.

Blogroll With Most Recent Post in WordPress | Frankly Curious

Too many others I found were several years old, but this one was the most recent that I could find. Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2015, 10:10 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Lynn, I think Tania was left off in your original post?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 12:10 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChingView Post
Lynn, I think Tania was left off in your original post?
Thanks! Yes, I was just going to ask about that. I answered the pm, and Lynn responded & said she'd put me on the active list.

Tomorrow I have a lot of free time; after I get home from church I'll double check my blog roll and try to leave some comments.

My blog is Something to Scrap About
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 04:48 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry to Tania for my blunder. I made one in the title, too.

Here is the redo of the redo. I don't understand why there is no edit button on the new blogging threads so I just started over again from scratch.

Read more: //www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-f290/open-creative-card-makin-chicks-group-t593185-12.html#post21065662#ixzz3kxiN2uXU"]OPEN - Creative Card Makin' Chicks - Part2B[/URL][/B]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 05:12 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is the link:

Open - Creative Card Makin' Chicks - Part 2B
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2015, 06:58 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Ching, Bless your heart! With everything you've got going on, you still took the time to do all this research for me! You are awesome.

Hope your other half is feeling better!

I did do a search for this option right through the WordPress and came up with nothing. I honestly didn't think to expand my search beyond that and now I see I should make a habit of doing that as you found exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to check into it now and see what I can do to change my blog...I have everyone listed with a link to your home pages, but I surely do love the most recent post option.

I'm sorry to hear the new venture didn't take off. Sadly, if you don't have equal enthusiasm with all parties that can happen...been there, done that, have the scars to prove it ;-) Can you find other friends with more momentum or make a go of it on your own? I know you've got enough enthusiasm for three people...it's infectious!

Good luck in the job search!

Maybe I can help with your RMH card drive. The Cards for a Cause this month is animal related and that drew me right in. But after I work on them, I'm sure I can work on cards for you then. I read about Lynn's contribution! Wow, what a haul for the cause, right?

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?Katy Did!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2015, 07:06 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 191 Posts

Quick Sunday night hello!

I just edited some photos and will post before I go to bed. I have very busy days M-W this week. Hope to stamp more later in the week
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes