Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #41  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Karen! How cool that we were both Scouts for so long! Did you earn your Gold Award? I never did; stopped at Silver for some reason. I think I was just too busy.

I try to have my kids watch classic movies and they only last 10 minutes. Maybe they just need to be older? Even Mary Poppins, one of my favorites as a kids...mine have nothing for!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #42  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Fellow "Surfin' Girls!"

Here's my info:

SCS Member: HoJo (not too original, just the first letters of my first and last name!)
Name: Holly
blog: http://sssahm-i-am.blogspot.com/

I live in: Anaheim, CA (Disneyland, baby!)

Family: I've been married to my college sweetheart since 1996 (oh my! Has it really been 12 years already? Well, we dated on and off for 3 years additionally...)

Job: I am a stay-at-home-mom to 3 boys (ages 6 1/2 years, 4 years, and 22 months) hence, the name of my blog (plus we love to read Dr. Seuss a lot around here...)

How the addiction began: I had been invited to a few SU parties but hadn't been able to attend. Then, I went to a kind-of in-home craft sale where some demos were selling their stuff and I couldn't believe they had made it all themselves and were able to make some extra cash in addition to staying home with their kiddos - so I signed up about two weeks later. I was a demo for just shy of 5 years, but just couldn't keep up with it after my 3rd son was born - I think I was trying to do too much and reinvent the wheel instead of using the great resources around me...so - now I'm in it just for the hobby!

Fun facts: I have a BM (the degree, that is! ) in Vocal Performance. I lived a performers life before and after I got married but then put that on hold when we started our family so I could stay home with them. I love to sing opera, musical theatre and contemporary music. I *sort-of* play piano sometimes when I sing, but I would never call myself a pianist - I just like the accompaniment! I love most forms of chocolate (especially DARK!), I have a sweet tooth, I enjoy reading but have a hard time finding time with the little ones around, I enjoy shows like: LOST, Battlestar Galatica, American Idol (yup, there goes the singing again...), and Iron Chief America. I'd like to be a better cook - but again, the time factor with little ones under foot! I converted to the LDS faith in my early 20's and enjoy working with the children in my ward each Sunday along with planning special events for them each quarter. Other than that...what else? Oh, I can dance like Kermit the Frog. Ok, NEXT! (Oh, and of course, I'm REALLY happy to be a part of Surfin' Ocean's 11 group and hope I can spread my crafting wings a little as I learn about this great art through all of you!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #43  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilsisbetView Post
Hi Stephanie.... I go to Pittsburg fairly often. I have family that lives in West Virginia (across the River from Stubenville, OH). Whenever we visit, we always end up in Pittsburg shopping. And of course we have to stop at Grove City on our way down .

Its a small world.
Gotta love Grove City! They just put in a new outlet mall in Washington PA. It's a bit closer to me, but not as good as Grove City. Can't wait til the weather warms up and I can get back up there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #44  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraosView Post
Sounds interesting - I'll have to see if the library has it.
I've been reading the Laura Childs scrapbooking mystery series - its cute.
In the kids section, I've been reading Tamora Pierce books. Have to stay one step ahead of Meghan who is a reading fiend so I've been looking at different stuff to decide when she can read it. She's just started Harry Potter and will have the series finished in no time!
Laura,
I could go on and on with fantastic book suggestions for Meghan. I teach reading to grades 3-6, and my kiddos can't get enough. My youngers ones are wrapped up in the Sisters' Grimm series by Michael Buckley. It's a really fun series. I love to read too, but I'm often tied up with teaching 3 or 4 novels that adding one more to the mix can push me over the edge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay, I suppose I will be next Surfin Ocean's Eleven group.

About me:

SCS member: smokiesgal (why the name? DH is a firefighter & his email addy had smoky in it; hence smokiesgal)

Name: Dell
Blog: http://dadoodlediva.blogspot.com/

I live in Central Florida (near a huge retirement community) one hour btwn either the east or west coast and less than an hour from Walt Disney World (my fav theme park). It is nice because I can jump in the car & drive to the beach & back w/in a day & still have time to play. Currently, my house is for sale as DH & I want to build another one on some property we own in another county.

Family: Married to a wonderful man who is a lifelong firefighter & trains other firefighters. We have 3 children together. DS 24 who lives near Wash DC, DD who is graduating from Univ of FL this yr, & a 14 yr old DD who thinks she is 30! Also, have a tuxedo cat who is definitely boss & a pet rescue dog (Harry) that is spoiled rotten & sings Jingle Bells each night b4 bedtime. (I am not kidding!!) He is a very lucky dog as he underwent major back surgery this time last yr. I thank God each day that he is alive as he brings so much joy to our household.

Job: I was just recently a part of a major downsizing of a large telecommunications company that I worked for over 29 yrs! I was a manager over a National team & I was given an early retirement pkg. Unfortunately, since I started working right out of HS I am still much too young to actually retire (in my 40's) so eventually I will most likely go back to work. I would like to do something I enjoy next time around though. I trust that God will open the door for me when the time is right. Currently, I am catching up on all the crafts that I struggled to find time for when I was working.

How the addiction began: Well, I have been an avid scrapbooker for many yrs. It actually started when I was in grade school w/the old Kraft paper scrapbooks that you glued or scotch taped your treasures only to have them go yellow since we knew nothing about acid free. In the mid 90's I was introduced to modern scrapbooking or Creative Memories. I became a consultant & it was all uphill from there. Eventually, I started going to crops at a LSS & found out that there was other product besides CM. About 4 yrs ago my BFF & I who also scrapbooks wandered into a stamp store. I used to think stamping was so boring. Well, I ended up buying a few stamps & at first still hated stamping as I just didn't have all the essentials. I was persistent though & kept trying. Then one day was introduced to a SU demo. Well, I learned about SCS from her & many other stamping techniques. Now I can't get enough! I joined SU last yr as a hobbyist. I am so addicted to all aspects of stamping & scrapbooking. One of my fav things to do is alter items. I have an entire room in my hse that holds all my craft items and it is still not big enough! I call it the Doodle Room.

Fun Facts: DH & I love to go motorcycle riding. I ride Deals Gap (319 curves in 11 miles) about twice a yr. We have a cabin we frequent & this is where we go to get away. I love horses too & eventually would like to own another one. I have been hot air ballooning a few times. It is an awesome experience! I am also a huge GATOR fan (Go Gators, National Champs!). DD is graduating from UF this yr & DH attended in the 70's. Harry the dog has a Gator jersey & gets super excited when we make a touchdown. Did I mention I was a GATOR fan? LOL!!!! I love cooking & collecting recipe books. I also like bicycle riding & usually ride long distances (about 15-25 miles) at a time. My BFF & I go swimming for extra exercise. My fav food is anything Italian & I love a good hamburger. I drink no sodas only unsweet tea & I love hot tea (Republic of tea is super btw)! My other drink of choice is wine; both red & white & slightly dry, not sweet. My fav dessert is NY cheesecake & dark choc w/almonds. Okay, I am ending this post as it is making me hungry..

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #46  
Glitter Guru

It made me hungry too Dell!! LOL Great to meet you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:18 AM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoJoView Post
Hello Fellow "Surfin' Girls!"

Here's my info:

SCS Member: HoJo (not too original, just the first letters of my first and last name!)
Name: Holly
blog: http://sssahm-i-am.blogspot.com/

I live in: Anaheim, CA (Disneyland, baby!)

Family: I've been married to my college sweetheart since 1996 (oh my! Has it really been 12 years already? Well, we dated on and off for 3 years additionally...)

Job: I am a stay-at-home-mom to 3 boys (ages 6 1/2 years, 4 years, and 22 months) hence, the name of my blog (plus we love to read Dr. Seuss a lot around here...)

How the addiction began: I had been invited to a few SU parties but hadn't been able to attend. Then, I went to a kind-of in-home craft sale where some demos were selling their stuff and I couldn't believe they had made it all themselves and were able to make some extra cash in addition to staying home with their kiddos - so I signed up about two weeks later. I was a demo for just shy of 5 years, but just couldn't keep up with it after my 3rd son was born - I think I was trying to do too much and reinvent the wheel instead of using the great resources around me...so - now I'm in it just for the hobby!

Fun facts: I have a BM (the degree, that is! ) in Vocal Performance. I lived a performers life before and after I got married but then put that on hold when we started our family so I could stay home with them. I love to sing opera, musical theatre and contemporary music. I *sort-of* play piano sometimes when I sing, but I would never call myself a pianist - I just like the accompaniment! I love most forms of chocolate (especially DARK!), I have a sweet tooth, I enjoy reading but have a hard time finding time with the little ones around, I enjoy shows like: LOST, Battlestar Galatica, American Idol (yup, there goes the singing again...), and Iron Chief America. I'd like to be a better cook - but again, the time factor with little ones under foot! I converted to the LDS faith in my early 20's and enjoy working with the children in my ward each Sunday along with planning special events for them each quarter. Other than that...what else? Oh, I can dance like Kermit the Frog. Ok, NEXT! (Oh, and of course, I'm REALLY happy to be a part of Surfin' Ocean's 11 group and hope I can spread my crafting wings a little as I learn about this great art through all of you!)
My husband got me hooked on Battlestar Galatica.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:31 AM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafterthoughtsView Post
Laura,
I could go on and on with fantastic book suggestions for Meghan. I teach reading to grades 3-6, and my kiddos can't get enough. My youngers ones are wrapped up in the Sisters' Grimm series by Michael Buckley. It's a really fun series. I love to read too, but I'm often tied up with teaching 3 or 4 novels that adding one more to the mix can push me over the edge.
Stephanie,

Feel free to offer away. She's read all the Daisy Meadow Fairy Book's(including the ones released overseas and not in the US), all the Nancy Drews, A-Z Mysteries, most of the Magic Tree House, Bailey School Kids, most of the Suzy Kline books, all the Pixie Sprites, and now she's going through Harry Potter.

I struggle with finding things to read that challenge her without being too old for her. I let her read the first Tamora Pierce book in the Protector if the Small series but the other ones deal with things that she is too young for. I just started reading a Charlie Bones book - I guess its a series and from the write up it sounds kind of like Harry Potter so we'll see. But any suggestions will be GLADLY welcomed.

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:59 AM   #49  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Stephanie,

Feel free to offer away. She's read all the Daisy Meadow Fairy Book's(including the ones released overseas and not in the US), all the Nancy Drews, A-Z Mysteries, most of the Magic Tree House, Bailey School Kids, most of the Suzy Kline books, all the Pixie Sprites, and now she's going through Harry Potter.

I struggle with finding things to read that challenge her without being too old for her. I let her read the first Tamora Pierce book in the Protector if the Small series but the other ones deal with things that she is too young for. I just started reading a Charlie Bones book - I guess its a series and from the write up it sounds kind of like Harry Potter so we'll see. But any suggestions will be GLADLY welcomed.

I would love suggestions for that age group too. I will have to check out some of the ones you suggested here too (thanks!). The girls that I keep love to read. The youngest is making her way through the Magic Treehouse and the older one is reading single books. She really enjoys book series though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 AM   #50  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeysView Post
Kim~ My best friend lives in OP and is also an accountant! I have been to that Archivers...and spent a ton!! Hope you get some bling soon as well!!

I live a mile away from that Archivers. How is that for dangerous?! I will run in for one thing and end up with several. Oh well, it's fun!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 06:28 AM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzyScrapperView Post
My husband got me hooked on Battlestar Galatica.

Yeah, my husband did too! I kind-of remember the show back in the late 70's/early 80's but I really didn't watch it. I believe my husband DID, though! I thought this "new" version would be boring, but I've really become entralled with it - only 4 episodes left!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimdepView Post
I live a mile away from that Archivers. How is that for dangerous?! I will run in for one thing and end up with several. Oh well, it's fun!
Kim I love Archiver's too...I would love to work part time for them. I'm waiting for an opening. I have submitted my resume and just waiting for the opportunity, it might be dangerous though my paycheck would be spent on so many new things...:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #53  
Stampin' Fool

Hi all! Just got home from getting 10" cut off my hair. Donated it to Locks of Love and I love the new 'do!! Can't wait to show it off tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #54  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Stephanie,

I understand the dilemma - my students 'can' read many years above their grade level, but the material isn't always appropriate. The Sisters Grimm series is great for both girls and boys. Right now, my 4th grade boys are buzzing through them.

Here are some of the books that I typically use with my third graders/fourth graders:
- Poppy by Avi (there are 3 more companion books)
- Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo(please read before the movie - the book is so much better)
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien (a classic)
[okay, I'll move beyond mouse books]
- Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliet (fast-paced mystery; called a DaVinci Code for tweens; two other companion books)
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen (great survival story; a few companion books)
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson (do not watch the movie - it's terrible compared to the book; sad ending - read before allowing child to)

I'm planning on using the Rick Riordan book The Lightning Thief in a month or so. I've heard great things about it, and so far it seems to live up to its recommendations.

Gina - I hope this helps you too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #55  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I understand the dilemma - my students 'can' read many years above their grade level, but the material isn't always appropriate.

- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson (do not watch the movie - it's terrible compared to the book; sad ending - read before allowing child to)

I'm planning on using the Rick Riordan book The Lightning Thief in a month or so. I've heard great things about it, and so far it seems to live up to its recommendations.

Gina - I hope this helps you too!!
Thanks! It's funny you mention Bridge to Terabithia. I think that was the first time that Jenna read a book right before seeing the movie. She was shocked that the movie wasn't as good as the book. That was a great teaching moment though. She also loves the Little House books and wonders why they changed the story for the TV show.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #56  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaLinView Post
Thanks! It's funny you mention Bridge to Terabithia. I think that was the first time that Jenna read a book right before seeing the movie. She was shocked that the movie wasn't as good as the book. That was a great teaching moment though. She also loves the Little House books and wonders why they changed the story for the TV show.
It's (Bridge) one of my fav's and I almost walked out of the theater - I was so disappointed. My class met at the movies this Christmas to see Tale of Despereaux after reading it. I was so worried because they loved the book so much. While it didn't match the our love book, we did think the movie was cute.

Last edited by crafterthoughts; 02-25-2009 at 05:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 03:27 AM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoJoView Post
Yeah, my husband did too! I kind-of remember the show back in the late 70's/early 80's but I really didn't watch it. I believe my husband DID, though! I thought this "new" version would be boring, but I've really become entralled with it - only 4 episodes left!
I know. Luckily my DH has collected all the episode from the current BSG. I know it sad and good , they tell the story and don't just drag it out. That is why I stopped watching LOST because I do like some information. I do like his new show FRINGE.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 04:07 AM   #58  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Stephanie for all the book suggestions. I'm going to read some of them and Meg will be excited to have new books to read.

Are you going to show a picture of the new hair style on your blog? Can't wait to see.

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 AM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by My3LittleMonkeysView Post
Hi Karen! How cool that we were both Scouts for so long! Did you earn your Gold Award? I never did; stopped at Silver for some reason. I think I was just too busy.

I try to have my kids watch classic movies and they only last 10 minutes. Maybe they just need to be older? Even Mary Poppins, one of my favorites as a kids...mine have nothing for!
Actually I did earn the Gold award...they made a big deal of it, there were four of us we had our picture in the newspaper and a special banquet, I still have my sash with all of the badges and pins, it's kind of silly now I guess, but I couldn't see parting with it. It's a shame my girls have no interest in scouting, but they do have other wholesome interests, I guess that is what impressed me most about scouting helping others...
By the way I love Mary Poppins too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 04:19 AM   #60  
Glitter Guru

Wow Karen, that is GREAT!!! I have all my stuff as well. It has sentimental value and maybe one day your granddaughters will join and enjoy seeing what you did!

My DD is in Scouts and loves it! DS is also a Scout. I think a lot depends on the troop they end up in! We have been so lucky here. I really, really hope mine continue on until the earn the big stuff! I agree with you, so many good things for kids to learn with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #61  
Insane Embellisher

Wowza! People have been busy. OKay, I'll take a stab at this; I might be the last person to post this. Anywhooo...

SCS Member: letstampnscrap
Name: Maria
blog: www.theinkystamper.blogspot.com

I live in: Southern Indiana just across the river from Louisville, KY

Family: Married (hubby Kevin) with two four-legged children (Cassie and Plato).

Job: I work as an event planner coordinating conferences for associations as my job-job. My fun job is as a Stampin' Up demonstrator. I became a demonstrator when I decided to make my wedding invitations.

How the addiction began: I was invited to a Stampin' Up! workshop in 2004 and was hooked. I am primarily a card maker and paper crafter. I have three complete albums in my collection (wedding, Cassie and Plato). If have children, I think I will scrapbook more then.

Fun facts: I used to be a neat freak until I got married :rolleyes: . I enjoy other crafts like knitting/crocheting, pottery and sewing. I enjoy traveling which is a really nice perk of my job. My favorite SU color is Mellow Moss and use ribbon in my project a LOT! My favorite food groups include sushi, tiramisu and ice cream!

That's it for moi. I am so glad I was able to join your group! There seems to be a fun energy and that is definitely a plus! Looking forward to chatting with folks some more!

I'm a bloggin! Check out my bloggin' friends: the NiMBeeS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #62  
Insane Embellisher

I used to work for Archiver's before becoming a demonstrator. I promised myself to only buy what I made there but never really stuck with that. Also, my co-workers were the worst enablers of all! Whe I would come to work, the first thing they'd say is "You gotta check out the new so and so." Loved it! If I ever stop being a demo, I'll go back in a heartbeat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by saved by graceView Post
Kim I love Archiver's too...I would love to work part time for them. I'm waiting for an opening. I have submitted my resume and just waiting for the opportunity, it might be dangerous though my paycheck would be spent on so many new things...:rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #63  
Insane Embellisher

Glad you love the new do! I'd always had long hair and was approached to donate my hair when I was in grad school. I said I would since it was a good cause. I cried when she snipped the pony tail off. I always had too much shampoo for a full two weeks afterwards!

Quote:

Hi all! Just got home from getting 10" cut off my hair. Donated it to Locks of Love and I love the new 'do!! Can't wait to show it off tomorrow!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #64  
Insane Embellisher

I'm a BSG fan also! So sad the series is ending. Luv Starbuck! My hubby is talking about having a Finale Party. Hmmm....what are your theories on the "truth?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzyScrapperView Post
I know. Luckily my DH has collected all the episode from the current BSG. I know it sad and good , they tell the story and don't just drag it out. That is why I stopped watching LOST because I do like some information. I do like his new show FRINGE.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by letstampnscrapView Post
Wowza! People have been busy. OKay, I'll take a stab at this; I might be the last person to post this. Anywhooo...

SCS Member: letstampnscrap
Name: Maria
blog: www.theinkystamper.blogspot.com

I live in: Southern Indiana just across the river from Louisville, KY

Family: Married (hubby Kevin) with two four-legged children (Cassie and Plato).

Job: I work as an event planner coordinating conferences for associations as my job-job. My fun job is as a Stampin' Up demonstrator. I became a demonstrator when I decided to make my wedding invitations.

How the addiction began: I was invited to a Stampin' Up! workshop in 2004 and was hooked. I am primarily a card maker and paper crafter. I have three complete albums in my collection (wedding, Cassie and Plato). If have children, I think I will scrapbook more then.

Fun facts: I used to be a neat freak until I got married :rolleyes: . I enjoy other crafts like knitting/crocheting, pottery and sewing. I enjoy traveling which is a really nice perk of my job. My favorite SU color is Mellow Moss and use ribbon in my project a LOT! My favorite food groups include sushi, tiramisu and ice cream!

That's it for moi. I am so glad I was able to join your group! There seems to be a fun energy and that is definitely a plus! Looking forward to chatting with folks some more!

Yummy sushi Maria! I like it too. I would love to have your job of event coord. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayInFLView Post
So now I know you're Navy! My DH was a Seabee and NAS Jax was our last duty station so we just ended up here - it's not the worst place to live! He was deployed to Okinawa (sp?) before we met and he loved it, but we never made it back there. We did go back to Scotland for a couple of years, but that was the most exotic tour we did. How do you like Japan?

St. Augustine is very pretty, but I love Fernandina - the cute shops, the beach, the old fashioned feel to it. Nothing beats it - sitting outside having lunch (or an adult beverage or two) in one of the little downtown cafes? Doesn't get much better than that
We were actually stationed in Okinawa from '04-'07 and we did love it there. The only thing I griped about was the flight to Maine, lol. We are a career navy family, hubby is almost at 12 years!
My Etsy: katiesniche
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #67  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimdepView Post

Fun Facts: I LOVE to read! I read anything Nora Roberts writes, as Nora Roberts or as JD Robb. I also like Catherine Coulter and Debbie Macomber. I love a good romance, but I also love a good murder mystery and it's even better when the two are combined like Nora Roberts does! I will read anything but really scary (Stephen King type books). I also loved the Harry Potter books and am going to start reading the Twilight series. My favorite color is pink, I am a coffee addict and I also love sports. I am a football fanatic, but also enjoy basketball, tennis..well, there's not much I won't watch but baseball tends to be boring to watch on tv, but I love going to a game! People watching at sporting events is so fun!!
I like Nora Roberts too....and I've read the Navy series by Debbie Macomber. It was so good that now each Christmas I get her holiday book!
My Etsy: katiesniche
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2009, 06:28 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love Debbie Macomber's holiday books too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #69  
Rubber Obsessor

Name: Kathy
blog: www.stampinmn.blogspot.com

I live in: Minnesota. West of the Twin Cities

Family: I am single living here in Minnesota. I have a large family, all live in this area. We are close. I have a niece and nephew that are my Godchildren so I kind of have them as my substitute children. I have a townhouse and love it, except for the room. Need an extra room for the crafts. Maybe someday.

Job: I am a computer graphic artist. I work on layout design on the computer. I mainly create product catalogs and newspaper tabs.

How the addiction began: I started stamping when my friend and fellow worker started selling SU. I was hooked. I started SCS about a year ago and have had so much fun.

Fun facts: I love anything to do with crafts and art. I use to draw portraits but am really rusty. I like reading, baking, and camping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #70  
Rubber Obsessor

I was doing until we were in Okinawa Japan.

I have a brother who lives in Okinawa. Has for about 15 years. He was in the Air Force and now is retired there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by letstampnscrapView Post
I'm a BSG fan also! So sad the series is ending. Luv Starbuck! My hubby is talking about having a Finale Party. Hmmm....what are your theories on the "truth?"
Boy this is funny but I am going to admit my DH got the latest BSG and it had the dog tags (Starbuck) and I wear some time. Goofy I now but...........

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #72  
Rubber Obsessor

SCS Member: chirleen
Name: Chirleen
blog: http://stampinwithchirleen.blogspot.com

I live in: Northeastern North Carolina

Family: I married my very best friend in October 2007. We don't have any children but we are "trying" :-) We have two dogs and two cats. We own an 86 year old house that we spent a year renovating.

Job: I am the Executive Director for a non-profit called Communities In Schools of Perquimans County

How the addiction began: My aunt is a demonstrator and she had a workshop at my Mom's. I feel in love with the products and just a couple of weeks ago became a demonstrator in her downline.

Fun facts: I love to travel! I've been to 45 of the 50 states, lived in 6 different states, born in NC, graduated school in Alaska. I live to fish a rushin' river, off the beach, from a boat, or from an ocean pier. I play several instruments and can do just about anything on a computer.
Reply With Quote Likes