Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2009, 03:08 AM   #161  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that sounds easy enough! thanks karolyn! Looking forward to getting started!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #162  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahwView Post
Hi Everyone, not to sound too much like a dork but what is an image swap? I am probably up for it once I know what it is. LOL I also wanted to say that I have tried leaving comments on some blogs but for some reason I can't (Kit, and Rose your blogs come to mind) I am not ignoring you guys for some reason I can't do it. It says to sign in and I put my name and URL and then the comment doesn't post. Any thoughts?

Not sure why you are unable to leave comments. I have mine open to the world :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #163  
Rubber Obsessor

Sarah - I was like you, I had no clue what a swap was or how it worked. After Karolyn explained it, it does make sense and I really like the idea - it sounds neat. I will have to start leaving a blank notebook next to my computer so I can jot things down.

I am so sorry for not getting to everyone everyone yet or responding back to any emails or this thread, I am just so behind and am having a hard time catching up, but hopefully over the next few days, I'll get there. I was telling my husband last night after finally looking over the spreadsheet (thank you so much Karolyn for doing that - it is wonderful), that we have such a great group here with so many of us all over the place. It will be neat to find out more about where everyone lives and what their neck of the woods is like - I'm very much a geographical type person and love to learn about new places I have never been (my husband was in Germany for 4 years serving in the Army and he was excited to see someone there so Felicia, I may have to ask you some questions - I'm working on his Army scrapbook and there are some beautiful places over there).

LaToya, thanks for the January challenge - I did post it in my SCS gallery, but haven't figured out how to link it into my comments like you did, but I'm still learning how things work on SCS, so I may be asking some strange questions at the beginning, but know that I'll learn fast with great teachers like each of you - I have learned so much already.

Well, I'm off to make something

Talk to you all soon.

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 07:42 AM   #164  
Mad Swapper

Grat job Karolyn explaining the image swap. That will be great if you can start a thread and then each one of us could post a wish list and we could just randomly start sending images out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 08:03 AM   #165  
Glitter Guru

Okay, great . . . I'm on my way to do that now. I'll come back and link it here, too.

For those of you that were wondering about the Challenge Hostess Signup Thread, I linked it at Post #136. So, for the most recent updates, we should probably check this thread regularly. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #166  
Glitter Guru

Okay, ladies - the Blogger Group #7 Image Swap HERE.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #167  
Polyshrink Goddess

Karolyn - thanks for all the info on hostessing challanges and image swaps! Super helpful. This all sounds like lots of fun. I start a new job next week, so I'm going to have to figure out how to balance all working, stamping, and posting... but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Also, people are mentioning a spreadsheet of folks info. Did I miss a link somewhere?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #168  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWstamperView Post
Karolyn - thanks for all the info on hostessing challanges and image swaps! Super helpful. This all sounds like lots of fun. I start a new job next week, so I'm going to have to figure out how to balance all working, stamping, and posting... but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Also, people are mentioning a spreadsheet of folks info. Did I miss a link somewhere?
Jennifer, I sent out the spreadsheet with everyone's information via email last week. I sent it to you to the email you gave me. Have you not gotten it yet? Let me know!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #169  
Polyshrink Goddess

Karolyn, I've been looking through my email and I'm not seeing it. I check my junk filter and it doesn't seem to have made it through. Would you mind trying to send it again?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #170  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by garkarlonView Post
Okay, ladies - the Blogger Group #7 Image Swap HERE.
Got it karolyn! thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #171  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWstamperView Post
Karolyn, I've been looking through my email and I'm not seeing it. I check my junk filter and it doesn't seem to have made it through. Would you mind trying to send it again?
Resent, Missy!! It will come from Garry and Karolyn Loncon . . . and will have an attachment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #172  
Insane Embellisher

Default My Stamping Space

Hi Wendy!

Okay, I got my stamp room (mostly) organized so I could take photos. I just posted the entry onto my blog so you can see how my room is organized.

Hope you get some great ideas from the group.
~maria

Quote:

Originally Posted by MingoView Post
Thanks Karolyn for getting everyone organized!!!

Can I issue a short and very easy challenge for everyone???

I'm in the process of renovating my office/stamping space. I stamp in my dining room, and keep all of my stuff in my office, and it's getting OUT OF CONTROL! I need ideas!!

I'd love it if everyone could take pictures of their stamping/office space. Would you lovely ladies be willing to post them on your blogs, OR e-mail them to the group? If you have a better suggestion, I'm completely open to hearing it.

I'm a bloggin! Check out my bloggin' friends: the NiMBeeS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #173  
Matboard Maniac

Just to say thanks Karolyn for setting up the wish list thread. Also received my spreadsheet email, thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #174  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by letstampnscrapView Post
Hi Wendy!

Okay, I got my stamp room (mostly) organized so I could take photos. I just posted the entry onto my blog so you can see how my room is organized.

Hope you get some great ideas from the group.
~maria
Maria, I'm SOOOO envious of your stamping space! It's really organized, and you've got everything right there. Just you wait and see what I've got in store for you... it's going to make you cringe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #175  
Insane Embellisher

Wendy,

the room has been a "work in progress" since I became a stamper. It started as a coffee table and it evolved to what I have posted in the blog. It is kinda scary looking back that it has grown to what you saw - I need to keep my "habit" in check *chuckle* thus the resolutions this year to keep inventory low and start using up what I have on had instead of adding onto my collection *he he.*

~maria

Quote:

Maria, I'm SOOOO envious of your stamping space! It's really organized, and you've got everything right there. Just you wait and see what I've got in store for you... it's going to make you cringe.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2009, 04:08 AM   #176  
Insane Embellisher

Jennifer

I use the booking board for hostess parties. In each of the "pockets," I have a business card. On the back side of the business card I stuck an adhesive label with an SU goodie that they "redeem" at the conclusion of the party they book with minimum of $200 sales.

I need to change that since the stamp set has been retired :(. I think Imight go to a "book-to-Look" type of system since those would be more compact and promote the big shot and pillow boxes with something along the lines of "Book a party and get a goodie...." would be more interesting than "booking board" *he*

I think I have a project for the weekend ....okie, gotta go stamp now.....
~Maria

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #177  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by garkarlonView Post
Great, LaToya!! Anyone else want to organize the Birthday RAK thread?

LaToya, I'm up for either one - both should require that we sign up and honor the commitment, especially with the Secret Sister Swap. But honestly, in this economy, maybe a card/image swap would be better. Those Secret Sister swaps can get pretty expensive. Plus, we have members in other countries. Postage may become prohibitive for them, as well as those posting to them. I, myself, love the idea of swapping with someone from another country - it just adds some fun flavor to it all, KWIM? Hehehe I'm easy . . . whatever you all decide to do is fine with me.
First I just wanted to let everyone know that my internet is working again!! After a little drama with the internet company I'm just thankful it's working. Hopefully it never goes out for longer than a week again!

I visited LaToya's blog and saw there was a challenge. I was so confused as to why I don't know about the challenges. And then I stopped getting the automatic email updates on this thread. Not sure what happened but hopefully I can get the updates going again.

I came to check out the thread and man there are a lot of responses that I wasn't getting so I'm working up to the end of the thread.

Has the Birthday RAK coordinator been taken already? I'd love to help with that if it's not taken.

Also as far as sister or image swap I'm up for either. While I do live in Germany because we are stationed at a United States Air Base we have a US address. So shipping things from here to the states or from the states to my APO, AE address costs the same as if I were living in the states. Hope that makes sense.

I think swapping with those of us from another country would be fun. And being able to swap with someone from the states would be fabulous. There are far and few scrapbook stores here in Germany. I have to do all of my paper craft supplies shopping online. What I miss most about shopping for my paper craft things are the tins, and alterable items you can find at dollar tree or the target dollar spot. Those are the kinds of things I miss not being able to find here for a reasonable price.

Ok well that's my two cents plus on the sister swap. I'm off to read more of the posts.

Felicia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #178  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Thanks Karolyn for getting everyone organized!!!

Can I issue a short and very easy challenge for everyone???

I'm in the process of renovating my office/stamping space. I stamp in my dining room, and keep all of my stuff in my office, and it's getting OUT OF CONTROL! I need ideas!!

I'd love it if everyone could take pictures of their stamping/office space. Would you lovely ladies be willing to post them on your blogs, OR e-mail them to the group? If you have a better suggestion, I'm completely open to hearing it.
Hi Wendy,
I posted pictures of my room a while back on my blog but here is the link to where it can be found. Thanks for looking!
http://stamphappyfelicia.blogspot.co...oom%20pictures

Felicia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #179  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappyJanetView Post
Sarah - I was like you, I had no clue what a swap was or how it worked. After Karolyn explained it, it does make sense and I really like the idea - it sounds neat. I will have to start leaving a blank notebook next to my computer so I can jot things down.

I am so sorry for not getting to everyone everyone yet or responding back to any emails or this thread, I am just so behind and am having a hard time catching up, but hopefully over the next few days, I'll get there. I was telling my husband last night after finally looking over the spreadsheet (thank you so much Karolyn for doing that - it is wonderful), that we have such a great group here with so many of us all over the place. It will be neat to find out more about where everyone lives and what their neck of the woods is like - I'm very much a geographical type person and love to learn about new places I have never been (my husband was in Germany for 4 years serving in the Army and he was excited to see someone there so Felicia, I may have to ask you some questions - I'm working on his Army scrapbook and there are some beautiful places over there).

LaToya, thanks for the January challenge - I did post it in my SCS gallery, but haven't figured out how to link it into my comments like you did, but I'm still learning how things work on SCS, so I may be asking some strange questions at the beginning, but know that I'll learn fast with great teachers like each of you - I have learned so much already.

Well, I'm off to make something

Talk to you all soon.

Janet

Janet what part of Germany was your husband at? We're at Ramstein AB. There are a lot of military bases in Germany. Ask away on any questions you may have! We've visited a lot of other countries and places in Germany in the year we've been here. We leave in December 2010 and want to get in as many places as we can.

We just found tickets online from Frankfurt to London for 8 Euro. That's about $12 US dollars. Can't beat that! So we have to take advantage of traveling as much as we can.

Felicia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #180  
Glitter Guru

Hi Felicia! Wow! 8Euro for Franfurt to London!! That's fabulous!! I envy your ability to travel the world like that - such an amazing experience.

No one has stepped up to take the Birthday RAK position, so if you'd like it, you can be the boss!! It's up to you as to how you want to organize it. I don't really have any ideas, so maybe you have some inspiration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #181  
Glitter Guru

Oh, P.S., I think we decided to an image swap for now. There's a separate thread for that. If you need help finding it, let me know, and I'll post another link here. A Secret Sister swap is still a possibility, if someone wants to organize it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 07:43 AM   #182  
Mad Swapper

Hi Kitty,

I just tried to leave a message on your blog and wasn't able to. The comment box popped up but it wouldn't let me type anything in.

By the way, I loved the invitation. And loved the bamboo...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #183  
Matboard Maniac

I thought is was me, LaToya. Kit, I couldn't comment either. I was wondering how your husband did on Wed.? I hope all is well. I love the invitation!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #184  
Rubber Obsessor

Hey Felicia – sorry for taking me this long to respond – crazy week !! Jim was stationed at Ray Barracks, Friedberg with the Army back in 1976. Thanks for helping with any questions I may have – I will pull out his scrapbook so I can find the places/castles we are missing the names of and see if you can help put a name to them. Wow, you can’t beat that – that is great. You’ll have to share pictures when you go – that will be so exciting. I, like Karolyn, envy your ability to travel - it must be a wonderful experience to be able to see so many diverse places.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #185  
Insane Embellisher

So sorry I had not visited blogs this week. I signed up for 6 SAB swap groups - yeah, I have lost it. And since I did not get my order until last Wednesday, my stamping time was really cut short.

So sorry. I will be stopping by in the next few days to "ooh" and "aah" at every one's creations!

Last edited by letstampnscrap; 01-26-2009 at 02:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 02:57 PM   #186  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

So sorry I had not visited blogs this week. I signed up for 6 SAB swap groups - yeah, I have lost it. And since I did not get my order until lest Wednesday, my stamping time was really cut short.

So sorry. I will be stopping by in the next few days to "ooh" and "aah" at every one's creations!
Maria - are you insane??? 6 SAB swaps??? I really hope that you get some good cards back!!! I'd love to see your design. I'm hosting a SAB swap at a local SU! meeting next weekend and will have 25 cards when I'm done, along with another 40 regular card samples. I'll put a bunch on my blog for all to see.

Good luck with all of your swaps!!! I'd offer to help but I'm too far away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #187  
Rubber Obsessor

I have a question - what does SAB swap mean? I take it it is a lot of work. Wendy, it sounds like you'll be busy as well. Have a great week everyone !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #188  
Polyshrink Goddess

SAB is the acronym for Sale-A-Bration, which is Stampin' Up!'s big promotion. It runs from February 1st through March 31st. Anyone who purchases a set amount of product from the catty (I don't know the U.S. amount - it's $60 in Canada) gets to choose something free from the SAB brochure. We get LOTS of sales during this period, and LOTS of free stuff!!! Check out the blogs of the SU! demos in the group on February 1st and you'll be able to see everything there.

The swap itself is just a big card swap. I have 25 people in my group, so I'm making 25 of the exact same card. When we get together on Saturday, we will then sit down, sort all of the cards out, and each person will come home with 25 different samples. It's oodles of fun!

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #189  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

So sorry I had not visited blogs this week. I signed up for 6 SAB swap groups - yeah, I have lost it. And since I did not get my order until lest Wednesday, my stamping time was really cut short.

SIX?????????? OMG Maria. How on earth did you do it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #190  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

SAB is the acronym for Sale-A-Bration, which is Stampin' Up!'s big promotion. It runs from February 1st through March 31st. Anyone who purchases a set amount of product from the catty (I don't know the U.S. amount - it's $60 in Canada) gets to choose something free from the SAB brochure. We get LOTS of sales during this period, and LOTS of free stuff!!! Check out the blogs of the SU! demos in the group on February 1st and you'll be able to see everything there.

The swap itself is just a big card swap. I have 25 people in my group, so I'm making 25 of the exact same card. When we get together on Saturday, we will then sit down, sort all of the cards out, and each person will come home with 25 different samples. It's oodles of fun!

Enjoy!
Just to add to Wendy's explanation, Australia/New Zealand's SAB goes from 1st Jan to 28th Feb and our amount in Aussie dollars is $100. Not sure about NZ.

I was very lucky and had a workshop on the 13th Jan and managed to make my quarters sales and also with my order that I had been saving, got the SAB sets that I wanted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #191  
Matboard Maniac

As of yesterday, I had done the rounds of all our blogs. Kitty, I couldn't put a comment on your blog post either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #192  
Mad Swapper

HI all. Well, my eye has healed up. I'm still finishing up the drops but, I feel tons better. Thankyou for all your well wishes. I'm hoping I can get back into some cardmaking. To be honest, I needed to take a break. I was getting burned out. I got some good issues of cardmaker and paper crafts that I've been perusing to try and get some inspiration going. I hope everyone is doing well. I've been thinking alot about jennifer and wondered how you were doing and also I'm glad to hear tiffany's son is doing better.

I want to wish you all a good week and stay safe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #193  
Insane Embellisher

Hiya Wendy!

Insane? Undoubtedly. I got them all done in time. But my creativity sure was stretched cause I only pre-ordered 2 sets and I did not want them all to look the same. I have a few of those posted on my blog and will take a photo of the others when I get them back.

Advise: do NOT sign up for a lot of swaps that end around the same time

Honestly, I'll probably do it again cause I'm just crazy like that *sigh*
~Maria

Quote:

Maria - are you insane??? 6 SAB swaps??? I really hope that you get some good cards back!!! I'd love to see your design. I'm hosting a SAB swap at a local SU! meeting next weekend and will have 25 cards when I'm done, along with another 40 regular card samples. I'll put a bunch on my blog for all to see.

Good luck with all of your swaps!!! I'd offer to help but I'm too far away.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #194  
Insane Embellisher

I stamped...then prayed...then stamped...then prayed some more *LOL* My hubby was (is) great - he helped critique them so they are "swap worthy" *he he*

I figured it was just the best way for me to show the versatility of the sets since this is SU's biggest promo. This is probably the only time I go swap crazy to this extent.

I'll post photos of the swaps I get back when Feb 1 comes around on my blog for everyone to admire.
~maria

Quote:

Originally Posted by larleigh1964View Post
SIX?????????? OMG Maria. How on earth did you do it?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #195  
Insane Embellisher

Hi girls,

Please accept my apologies for no updates for a week or so! I've just gotten back from a few days away with my daughter and I have an earache and what I think is the beginnings of a head cold and I soooo don't feel like creating anything! Hope I get back to normal soon!

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 03:14 AM   #196  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper272001View Post
Hi girls,

Please accept my apologies for no updates for a week or so! I've just gotten back from a few days away with my daughter and I have an earache and what I think is the beginnings of a head cold and I soooo don't feel like creating anything! Hope I get back to normal soon!

Karen
oh, i sure hope you feel better soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #197  
Glitter Guru

Hi Girls!

It seems everyone has gotten one cruddy illness or another. I think this is a bad time of year for that stuff. We've been relatively healthy around here, thank goodness. I hope that those that aren't feeling good feel better real soon! Karen, don't worry about commenting . . . remember, NO HAVE-TO'S AROUND HERE!! We know that life gets in the way of what we want to do, so don't stress!! Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #198  
Mad Swapper

Feel better Karen, my household hasn't been bad this season either. Hope it stays that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #199  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper272001View Post
Hi girls,

Karen
No worries, sometimes life keeps your hands full. Hope you feel better soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 06:58 AM   #200  
Polyshrink Goddess

Maria - 6 swaps! That is crazy, but means more fun pictures for us to see, right? I can barely keep up with one swap (given my penchant for leaving things to the last minute) so all I can be is impressed! Looking forward to seeing what you post!
Reply With Quote Likes