Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terria - For the album idea...what if we did it more like a circle journal idea, where we each mail our album to the next person on the list and decorate add our page as we get each journal. That way we're mailing one album at a time and not 13. Just an idea, as shipping to Canada from the US for 13 albums is going to cost about $50 because they'll make you ship priority if it's too heavy.

My Blog
I Designed For PaperWorks Co
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Whoop Whoop!!! Found my girls!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone, I'm getting ready to shut down the computer and watch Idol. I'll catch up tomorrow at work. I did get two cards put together tonight. WHOOOOO!!! I realized I soon need to update my signature. ;-)

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #44  
Gallery Gazer

Hi ladies! I'm still here I wanted to catch up on everything going on, but I got chatty on the phone with a friend and now it's almost time to feed the little one and go to bed! Sorry I've been MIA lately. DS is finally back to his normal self, although I think today about did him in. After a fit at the dinner table, he got really quiet and I looked down and he had fallen asleep on the bench beside me with his head on my lap. Too cute. Have a good night!

(Melina, I hope your foot feels better - OUCH!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #45  
Crimping Master

OMGoodness Melina..that's horrible! I hope it gets better fast!

Last edited by sunifla1; 03-17-2010 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: Wrong name
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #46  
Gallery Gazer

Hey ladies!

Quick check in! Super loooong day! Will play catch up tomorrow! Nightie-night!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 12:10 AM   #47  
Glitter Guru

Hey ladies.. we are heading to the big city tomorrow to watch the Canucks play! We are huge hockey fans in our house and this will be Carsyn's first time at an NHL game.

We are planning to do some "touristy" stuff on Friday and will be home late that night. I'll check back on Saturday!

Sure hope we hear from Jennifer soon....... I'm worried about her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 02:01 AM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to aprillower

Moira I was thinking the same thing about Jennifer last night. It's sooo not like her to not stop in especially in the mornings before she heads to work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 02:02 AM   #49  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to aprillower

The Time Travelers Wife was okay. It wasn't great but okay! It was a bit confusing sometimes and they never really went into why he travels to the places and times that he travels to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:50 AM   #50  
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning ladies ... I hope you all have an awesome day!!!

April, I saw that you commented on my wall post ... can't check FB from school ... Sorry we are going to the beach ... :-( ... just 4 nights ... we wanted to do something with the girls before they go to my in-laws for the rest of the 2 week break ... since we won't be able to do anything else with them this year ... Steven is being deployed ... it is in my e-mail to you that I have a little more to write ... lol ... I may be able to finish it here today ...

I so wish I had SCS in my cell ... NEXT phone!!! It is a must!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:37 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my Kelly, where are they sending him?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

My in-laws are bringing our kiddos home this morning. DS has a phyisical appt. today. This is the first year (age wise) he is able to participate in Special Olympics! We can hardly wait! He loves playing sports but Special Needs sports activities are few and far between around here.

My foot is hurting something awful this morning. But, I figured it would be more sore today than yesterday. I keep putting Neosporin on it and I'm keeping it bandaged so I'm hoping I won't have to have it looked at.

I'm really worried about Jennifer...I don't think she's checked in with us since Monday and this week was going to be a very short work week for her. Fingers crossed that her DH hasn't said something awful to her and got her down. WE LOVE YOU JENNIFER and you are ONE AWESOME CHICK! ;) COME VISIT!!!!!! WE MISS YOU!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:51 AM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

Hi girls! I'm sorry I didn't post this week until now. I've been doing some major thinking about myself & it's had me a bit depressed. I've been sleeping a lot, and not eating well. Yesterday I talked to DH and told him the following:

1. I do love him. But I'm really not happy anymore. It's been sooo long since I've felt like he puts me first at all, that I've forgotten what it feels like to be loved.

2. The words & names he's thrown at me for too many years...they've caused me to put a big wall up around myself. I want to take that wall down, but I'm afraid to do it. I'm afraid of a couple things. First, that he'll start in with the names & words again. And if I let the wall down...I'd be hurt worse than ever before. Second, I don't know who I'll be once I let the walls down. Now...I know I'm a good person and all. But this has changed me. I've lost quite a bit of myself through all this & I'm not sure who I'll be once it's all said & done.

3. I'm angry with myself for tolerating what he's done to me! I told myself a long time ago I wouldn't be an enabler or victim. Yet...I've enabled him to talk to me this way, just by how I've dealt with it all. That makes me very mad at myself for not leaving a looong time ago.

4. I'm realizing I need to like myself again. First & foremost I can never be happy until I learn to do this.

So...he listened to me. And then he told me he's very grateful I didn't leave him long time ago and wouldn't blame me for doing it now. We came to an agreement that we'll take it one day at a time for right now. I told him...he cannot under any circumstances throw those names or words at me ever again! If he does...I'm gone. But we also agreed we're both unhappy with how things are. So, we're giving it 6 months. He still hasn't started to seek counseling like he promised me. I don't think he's going to either. After 6 months...we'll see if it's improved. If not, then we'll go our separate ways.

I've invested 13 years into this marriage, and I would regret it if I didn't give it some last good effort. So, I've been searching inside myself and looking hard at my faults. Not an easy thing to do either, let me tell you!!! But I'm coming around and not feeling so depressed today. Yesterday was better & today feels even better than yesterday. I just want to feel like I matter to someone. I was beginning to feel like I could just go away from everyone & no one would miss me. But I was told by a good friend yesterday...that's not true & I matter more to people than I know. So, I'm going to trust her and start putting the smile back on my face. And praying a lot!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:55 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm worried about Jennifer too, has she posted her DT post on her blog? I'll have to jump over and check that next. I'll also check to see when the last was she was on SCS.
So I locked myself out of my house lastnight. I was so mad!! I got out of work rather quick and jetted home to let the dog out and change. Then I was headed to get my boys and we were going to my nephews soccer games and then out to eat. So in the hustle bustle, I walked right out of my house and locked my keys inside. My Pap and Gram were not home so my Dad had to drive over (and miss my nephews game) to let me in. I have so many loose nuts it's not even funny.
I would like to say this is the first time this has ever happened to me but :( unfortunatly :( it happens all the time. I'm too much of a paranoid freak to hide a key outside. I did decide that I'll get one made and keep it in my glove box in my car. I have a key pad on my van so I can't get locked out of it.
So that was my fun night, I did get a card made as well. ;-)

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

You've all brought tears to my eyes! I had not even checked on here all week, since Monday sometime. I just couldn't bear to tell my sisters how sad I've been. It hurts so much right now...but I need to keep taking baby steps to make myself happy. I spoke to a friend that went through a divorce, for the same kind of things I've been dealing with. She said this is something she went through too, but it passed quickly. Once you get past this part...she said you can focus on what you need and make the necessary changes. It's tough admitting I failed at something, and that's what I've been facing this week. My failures as a wife.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:05 AM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer girl obviously we missed you and noticed you were gone so please don't ever think you don't matter because you do. We love you!!
Secondly, and this is just some small advice from me and my life experiences in the past few years. Don't put a time stamp on anything. My ex wanted me to give him 6 months. Six months for what, six months to continue to treat me like crap with a few good in between moments. I never verbally agreed to this but a month after he asked me to give him 6 months there was no change. We went to 1 counceling session and that was it. What am I getting at by saying this, let it be in God's timing, not yours or his. Like you said, take 1 day at a time and don't look too far ahead. If you notice instant changes then live for those changes and build on them. Don't say if everything is not completly different or next to perfect in 6 months I don't want you to let yourself down or feel like you have to leave because thati s what you told yourself you would do. Does this make sense?
I'm no expert, just sharing what I have gone through a little.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:10 AM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Your friend is right, once you get through the depression and the feeling of being a failure in something you thought was secure you'll be able to carry yourself better and keep your head high. I went through all the same emotions you are going through and it does suck. I will tell you though girl, most days I feel great. I feel proud that I'm able to be the person God wants me to be. That I can support my boys and I and live a good life putting their needs and mine first. Do I wish my my boys had a Dad and I had a husband around to enjoy these times with us, absolutly, but I know he made his choices so now I will make mine to make a better life for myself and the boys.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:11 AM   #58  
Die Cut Diva

Yes...it makes perfect sense Melanie. My biggest fear is that he'll do this again, and I don't want to go through it anymore. So, in my mind I am taking one day at a time. I think the only reason 6 months came up, is because he was scared I was leaving him really soon. He is changing, and I'm grateful for that. So, I know I need to learn how to accept these changes and be happy with him again. I guess I'm afraid I won't be happy with him though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:14 AM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just pray for God to heal your heart to love him and care for him again. Keep in mind that their are couples that go through fire and end up on the other side of it. Sadly it might be that way for you. I'm sure there will be a lot of up and down emotions. Just work on restoring your own heart and your own self esteem first.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:15 AM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

He's hurt me sooo much over the last 4-5 years, that I don't know if I still love him like a wife should. Is that even bad to say, much less feel? Or is it a good thing that I've come to this part of dealing with my feelings? I keep praying and hope some day I'll just know what I want. I'm glad my friend is right, and it's something that will pass. I feel better today, and I think it's because I told him exactly what's in my heart. I needed to get it off my chest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #61  
Die Cut Diva

A few of my co-workers told me yesterday that they're noticing a change in me. I asked them what kind of change, and they said I'm more open & carefree lately. So, perhaps this is all for the good...acknowledging my feelings & working past them. Thank you Melanie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's not bad of you to say, its humane and a part of the healing process. Have you done the Love Dare book? Just a suggestion, it's really good and might help you during your healing process.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:23 AM   #63  
Die Cut Diva

Never heard of the Love Dare book. But I'm always open for reading one that may help. I'll have to check with the library.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:25 AM   #64  
Die Cut Diva

Okay...I'm hungry and still need a shower. I told myself I would make a couple cards today, before I go to the last SU club meeting tonight. So, I'd best get crackalackin! I do feel better getting back on here today. Sorry to have worried ya'll!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:25 AM   #65  
Gallery Gazer

Jennifer, great, big warm hug! Guess what?! You have a bunch of ladies here who think you are wonderful, completely worthy and that you deserve the best! You matter...you matter to us a great deal...YOU MATTER!!!!! Nothing wrong with doing some self reflection. That is how we grow as people! Hang in there! We are here for you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's an actual application book that is supposed to help you restore your marriage. It goes with the Fireproof movie.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnham1997View Post
Never heard of the Love Dare book. But I'm always open for reading one that may help. I'll have to check with the library.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #67  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avery123View Post
Terria - For the album idea...what if we did it more like a circle journal idea, where we each mail our album to the next person on the list and decorate add our page as we get each journal. That way we're mailing one album at a time and not 13. Just an idea, as shipping to Canada from the US for 13 albums is going to cost about $50 because they'll make you ship priority if it's too heavy.
Terria, I like your idea! Jenny has a good point though! I also like Jenny's idea about the circle journal thing! I am easy...whatever you girls decide is cool with me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:28 AM   #68  
Die Cut Diva

Believe it or not...I do want my marriage to work. I'm just scared right now. So, I need to work past all this other baggage I've accumulated over the last few years. I'll work on taking care of myself, and let the rest work itself out. I'm starting to believe that's the only way to know what I should do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:28 AM   #69  
Die Cut Diva

Oh...I'd forgotten about that from the movie Melanie. I'll try to look it up on Amazon then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #70  
Die Cut Diva

It's actually on Amazon for under $10, and it's also at the bookstore we shop at locally. So...I think I'll pick it up Sat while we're out on a "date". We're going to see Alice in Wonderland & have lunch while out there. So, we're taking steps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 06:33 AM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer that is awesome, enjoy the movie and your lunch. Let me know what you think of the book.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #72  
Die Cut Diva

The sun is shining bright today, and it's very nice out. I went out for awhile & it's helped with my feelings. I just need to quit worrying about what will happen & enjoy the moment more. So...that's what I'm going to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #73  
Die Cut Diva

Jenny - I got my Paper Jewels order in todays mail. I'm super excited about the new stamps!

I also got my order from PTI today. I ordered more cardstock, ribbon & buttons. The new spring mix button collection is sooo adorable!! Can't wait to use them now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #74  
Die Cut Diva

I also forgot to post...I got Marsha's images in the mail today too. It's been a very happy mail day today!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Marsha I received your images yesterday and they are SO SUPER cute, thank you!!

I so need to order from PTI, you gals have me drooling over there stuff.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #76  
Gallery Gazer

{{Hugs}} to you Jennifer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #77  
Gallery Gazer

Marsha, I received your images today - thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey ladies!

Marsha, I got images from you yesterday! They're great...thank you so much

Jennifer, I'm so glad you're okay! I mean I know you and DH have some things to work out and you have a lot on you right now. I'm just glad nothing physically bad, hospital worthy happened....I was so worried! BIG HUGS the Lord will work out your situation.

When I took DS to his dr. appt. today (he is great by the way and good to go for Special Olympics!), I got him to look at my foot too. He told me he wanted to give me a tetanus shot (I couldn't remember when the last time was I had one, maybe 3 years ago) and then he put me on antibiotics! He kind of scared me but he said it was precautionary and that I needed to keep neosporin and bandages on it and if I saw any change in the look of the wound (puffy, icky) to immediately call him for an xray and probably a little digging around! UGH! Cross your fingers it looks the same, no worse and heals quickly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #79  
Gallery Gazer

Yikes Melina!!!! Ouch!!! Hope it heals quickly without the need for any intervention!!! That is so cool about the special Olympics!! Wish I could be there to cheer him on!! Keep us posted!

Jennifer, glad the sunshine did you some good! Vitamin D is awesome!

Marsha, I received your images yesterday too! Thank you so much! I cannot wait to play with them!! Loved them!

My middle two kiddos started soccer tonight! We have opted to play out of town so the drive time is about 55 minutes one way! Between that and gymnastics (also 55 minutes away!) I am going to be burning up the roads!

I have oodles to do tonight, but wanted to say hello...hello! :-D

Have a great night ladies!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ah, AnnMarie...you are soooo sweet! You made me tear up. The great thing is I know you would if you were close. I LOVE THIS GROUP!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes