Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #161  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,932 Likes on 3,826 Posts

Good Morning Faith-Filled Friends!

DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #162  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,293 Likes on 2,480 Posts

Hi ladies--I have checked out the blogs that have posted this morning and the cards are awesome. I hope to see more this weekend!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #163  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

We had a huge storm roll through yesterday afternoon. There was rolling thunder for about 15 minutes north of us--constant rumbling sound (and it was not the Harley motorcycles in the area for the 110 HD anniversary ;)) . Then, the rains and wind came--and with full force. I laid our patio chairs down on the deck and they were spinning around like tops with the wind. We got more than 2 1/2 inches of rain in about 45 minutes I think. I do not remember seeing saw such hard rain--it did look like someone was throwing buckets of water sideways. There was pea sized hail in the rain for 15 minutes or so. But--it did not storm downtown Milwaukee at all, so the 100,000+ Harley riders in town did not get hit.

We are heading to a friends for supper tonight and then on Monday, we are going to Galena, Illinois for two nights. Roomie has next week off, so I may not be online much as we will be out and about!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #164  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Kelly! I've just returned home from vacation on Pawley's Island and checking out my email and a few forums. I will be checking out everyone's cards as soon as I get settled.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2013, 04:58 AM   #165  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

We've had horrible storms the past two days. The first storm knocked out our internet; the second one knocked out our power. But today appears to be a gorgeous day - and we are going to the apple orchard to pick apples. ;) We'll be gone ALL Day! Woo Hoo!!!

Hugs!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #166  
Forum Fanatic

Received 443 Likes on 299 Posts

Morning COF Friends!
I've visited your blogs and left love for those who have their challenge card posted. Great cards, and many heartwarming stories of your parents. I loved reading your tributes!

Barb: super-duper theme for us this month, thank you!

Blessings to all of you & safe travels to those away this holiday weekend.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #167  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello SCS Friends. I hope you had a great start to the week or enjoyed a long weekend. A quick checking tonight from the Aldrich House B&B in Galena. We had a nice day and are doing the trolley tour tomorrow along with tours of two famous houses. We brought the bikes along too so we hope to do a ride.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #168  
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning all :-D
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #169  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh! OH!!! It's so good to see you, Darlene! I had been wondering how you were doing.

Hi Barb... I love the Galena area. Enjoy your vacation!

Jackie, it's wonderful to see you, too!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:43 AM   #170  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Hugs for all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #171  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

LOL! How cute, Kelly!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #172  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Worth a read! I was rained out of a meeting today (YAY!) and am waiting for the one at 3 pm - of course I have to leave at 2 pm to get the girls from High School, lol! So I spend some time reviewing my notes for later on this afternoon and ended up on a blog I wished I had read earlier! It led me to another, then another ........ you get the idea

I wanted to share with with you all, too! It touched me today - perhaps it can speak to your soul as well! I see some of you online here on SCS but not in this thread, and I see you update your blogs but not with COF news, but that doesn't mean you aren't reading So here you go! Enjoy

>>>>>>>>>>>>

E. M. Bounds said in his book, Power Through Prayer "We do not seek God with ardor and diligence. No man gets God who does not follow hard after him, and no soul follows hard after God who is not after him in early morn. "

His statement is just as current today as when it was published in 1906. This powerful little book is directed to pastors, but Power Through Prayer should be on every Christian's shelf, read and re-read.

Bounds was addressing questions that are relevant today. Why is prayer such a neglected aspect of the Christian life? Why is our praying so weak, meaningless, and ineffective? These questions aren't new, they're recorded in Scripture and years of church history.

"The act of praying is the very highest energy of which the human mind is capable; praying, that is, with the total concentration of the faculties. The great mass of worldly men and learned men are absolutely incapable of prayer." Samuel Taylor Coleridge

"I ought to spend the best hours in communion with God. It is my noblest and most fruitful employment, and is not to be thrust in a corner." Robert McCheyne

Daniel's example of prayer morning, noon, and evening stand as a testimony to his reliance on God and his constant desire to be in conversation with him. His life was one of absolute trust in God. How else could he have interpreted dreams, faced the lions, or been given the high honor of writing down the prophecies yet to come? His life was filled with astounding events and visions. He was passionate for the divine relationship. Jacob wrestled with God in prayer. Moses argued with God. David cried out for forgiveness. Jesus prayed in agony as He faced death on the cross.

God desires an ongoing relationship with us. To be intimately involved in all the details of our lives. As incomprehensible as that is, He does. His children, purchased with the blood of His Son have the privilege of engaging in a constant conversation with Him. A conversation requires two. We must show up to have the conversation. We tend to think of prayer as the "give me" list. As I've learned, it's WAY more than that. And it needs to start when I wake up, not later in the day when it's more convenient.

The Heavenly Father speaks to us through His word.
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12 NLT

We must be reading and studying Scripture - not a token glance, but real time in the Scripture. God reveals the truth about ourselves and who He is. Everything we need to live life here and prepare for heaven is in His Word. We have it at our fingertips today - on our phone, e-reader, computer, and the Bible on the shelf. Yet we neglect that as well--no time is our usual excuse. We seem to have time for so many other things though.

Prayer is talking with God--plain and simple.
Paul tells us in Philippians 4:6 - Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Jesus told the disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane: "Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak.� Mark 14:38 NLT

They were not prepared for the events to follow. They fell asleep, they ran away, lied, and hid from the authorities. Those 11 men lost out on the help available to them by doing nothing. We're like the disciples, avoiding the hard work of prayer. Excuses: 1. It takes too much time 2. I'm tired. 3. I don't feel like it. 4. I don't know what to say. 5. The kids are __________(fill in the blank). So, we're unprepared for the events happening in our lives. We wonder how we'll make it through.

E.M. Bounds warns, "If God is not first in our thoughts and efforts in the morning, he will be in the last place the remainder of the day."

What would our lives look like if God was consistently first in our thoughts and efforts throughout the day? What are we missing when we neglect to kneel at His throne of grace? He extends the invitation for that conversation you can have with no one, but Him. He's the one who can do something about the problems, give us wisdom, receive our thanks, forgive our sins, and lavish amazing love on our lives.

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:12 NLT

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2013, 03:36 AM   #173  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly, THANK YOU for giving us this nugget to reflect upon! What truth is contained within it! And those questions - second to last paragraph - are ones that cause me to pause and reflect deeply into my own Christian walk. I also think it's important for us to remember that we CAN come boldly to the throne of God. So often as Christians we get the idea we have to approach God meekly, instead.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #174  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good morning, friends! I'm ba-aack! It was a long weekend. Drove to Michigan, celebrated with Mom. Drove to Terre Haute on Monday, unloaded my son and all his possessions at college. Got back in the car (late), spent the night at the Ohio border. Got up yesterday and drove home to Pittsburgh. It's a good thing my VW bug gets such good gas mileage!

Just visited everyone's blogs...love all your sweet stories!

Jackie, where and when are you moving?

Kelly, I totally understand about that apprehension with your move. If I didn't like the house or the area, I wouldn't want to move, either. I'm such a house person, and they are such a reflection of me...I've got to love it, or I'll never feel settled. If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Jeanette, did you make it to the orchard yet? How was it? I just saw that our orchard down the street now has cider. That's where I'm headed today!

Feels like a Monday...this will be one fast week for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #175  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Welcome Home, Mary Rose! I'm glad you had a safe trip. I do have to ask, though... how did you manage to get everything your DS needed for college life in a VW Bug? LOL! When we took our DD to college - 630 miles from home, so she knew she wouldn't be back again until Thanksgiving - we loaded her car AND our mini van - it took most of the space of both vehicles other than room for the 4 of us to sit. Then again, she is a girl and girls tend to think they need more "stuff" than guys, I suppose. ;)

Yes, we went to the apple orchard on Monday. We had a good time - but the orchard wasn't what I hoped it would be. There were very VERY few animals and you couldn't pet nor feed any of them. That was a disappointment! The wagon ride was nice! Brock really enjoyed it! The apples were VERY small... tasty enough, but way too small. So, I don't want to go to that apple orchard again next year. We'll be looking for another option. (It was a little over 2 hours from our house and not worth the drive.)

We then went to the city (St. Louis suburb) and ate at a restaurant we'd never been to before. Then went shopping for DH some new shoes (he found some!). Got a Starbucks treat and headed home. It was a good day!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #176  
Hardware Hotshot

Jeanette, we discovered an amazing tool for packing...Space Bags! They were fantastic for flattening out the bulky things like pillows and towels and comforter. My son had me bring them home so that he can use them on his next break to pack sweaters and sweatshirts. And let me tell you, that Bug was PACKED! He had a few extra things to bring this year because he's in an on-campus apartment.

I think it may be early for most of the good apple crops. I know that the Ginger Gold is in, but my favorite is probably Golden Delicious, and they're usually here closer to the end of this month. The newspaper said that we had ideal conditions this spring and summer, so they're expecting a bumper crop. (Yeah, I'm a bit of an apple fanatic! I'd love to have an orchard of my own!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #177  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

We are home! We had a very nice time away for a couple of days/ We did get a ride on the tandem yesterday and then roomie went out for another road ride on her single bike. I then went back downtown and spent a bit of time (and dollars) at the cute stamp store. We visited the winery and had supper at Fried Green Tomatoes. We ordered a few appetizers and sides--still had food leftover--which we forgot in the frig at the B&B...... :(

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #178  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Mary Rose, I think I've seen those things in the stores - considered them when packing for my trip to Thailand, but decided against it. I'm glad to hear they helped you to get everything your DS needed in the car. ;)

Welcome home, Barb! hmmmmmmm.... I could say something about your forgetfullness... old age.... etc, but perhaps I should save that for another thread. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #179  
Stazon Splitcoast

We're moving to Fishers or Noblesville, IN & we'll be gone as soon as we find a place. I've been busy looking @ homes online & I'll be glad when we go down this weekend to see them in person!
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #180  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, all! Life as a busy mom of 4 and being a volunteer extraordinaire at 2 schools and church has proven quite the time stealer! But I love where God has placed me and I'm not complaining one bit, just can't get here as often these days! The girls have a 'teacher's workday' today being that it's a Jewish Holiday but my son's private christian school doesn't honor that, so had to get up super early to get him to school while the rest are snoring away! Their school holidays never match, save T-giving and Christmas!

Jackie - best of luck with the move! We are not going anywhere as of now (Thank you, Father, for that saving grace!) But I would still like to head North, should it be in the plans, LOL!

I'm super excited to get started on a kitchen hutch shelf that I found ....in the trash! A lady by our church was clearing things out and had just set it out front as I drove by - it's beat up to the max but I love to recycle and refurbish - when time permits, I'll give it a good scrub and a coat(s) of paint and add it to my craft Cabana - gift to self!

Blessings!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #181  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2View Post
We're moving to Fishers or Noblesville, IN & we'll be gone as soon as we find a place. I've been busy looking @ homes online & I'll be glad when we go down this weekend to see them in person!
Shut the front door!

Jackie, I just MOVED from Noblesville in May! We lived there for five years. It is an adorable town...very small town USA with a historic courthouse and square filled with charming shops. Fishers is also a nice town, but they're trying to find their identity right now by building a "town center". A little more traffic, but it's also a little closer to lots of important stuff...like Target. LOL!

Please, drop me a PM and I will help you in any way I can! I can tell you what I know about certain homes and areas, churches, shopping, schools, etc.

Wow, what a weird God wink, huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #182  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
JOSHUA 1:9 NIV

Some of our most important dreams are the ones we abandon. Some of our most important goals are the ones we don�t attain. Sometimes, our most important journeys are the ones that we take to the winding conclusion of what seem to be dead-end streets. Thankfully, with God there are no dead-ends; there are only opportunities to learn, to yield, to trust, to serve, and to grow.

The next time you experience one of life�s inevitable disappointments, don�t despair and don�t be afraid to try �Plan B.� Consider every setback an opportunity to choose a different, more appropriate path. Have faith that God may indeed be leading you in an entirely different direction, a direction of His choosing. And as you take your next step, remember that what looks like a dead-end to you may, in fact, be the fast lane according to God.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #183  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Ladies--heading to the stamp room to play and put away the new things I got in Galena......

Jeanette--those space bags really do work. We use some here at home for extra pillows, blankets and a comforter. Really does save on space. You can also get lots of sweaters in one and save closet space when they are packed away in the summer. When we went to Germany/England we used regular ziplock type bags--and some really large one for packing clothes. We each took a large backpack for traveling as we were on lots of trains and much easier to carry versus pulling a suitcase. Using those types of bags and squeezing the air out really allowed for more things to be packed. We did still have the weight limit for flying, but we then could put some things in the carry-on if needed.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #184  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Hello Ladies--heading to the stamp room to play and put away the new things I got in Galena......

Jeanette--those space bags really do work. We use some here at home for extra pillows, blankets and a comforter. Really does save on space. You can also get lots of sweaters in one and save closet space when they are packed away in the summer. When we went to Germany/England we used regular ziplock type bags--and some really large one for packing clothes. We each took a large backpack for traveling as we were on lots of trains and much easier to carry versus pulling a suitcase. Using those types of bags and squeezing the air out really allowed for more things to be packed. We did still have the weight limit for flying, but we then could put some things in the carry-on if needed.

Agreed! I have them in every closet!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #185  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okie dokie ladies....I am feeling more like my crafty self and am coming out of my hibernation.

Barb, I loved the Aug theme, but the month poofed on me. I will get a card created and blogged tomorrow!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #186  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey, April - was going to send an APB out on you!

How ya liking life with a High Schooler!!?!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 03:34 AM   #187  
Hardware Hotshot

Jackie, hope you have a good weekend house hunting in Indiana! My house in Noblesville sold in one day when we put it on the market in April. At the time, there was a very low inventory of houses, and they were going fast. Let me know if I can help in any way! (I'm totally bummed that I'm not living there now...it would've been awesome to have you there as a friend!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 04:38 AM   #188  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

G' Morning Faith-Filled Friends!

As some of you have heard, we received a phone call yesterday morning, telling us that my beloved FIL (he was truly my buddy, my friend, a second dad to me, and so much more) passed away. Though his health has deteriorated in the past couple of years, we were not anticipating this. He died of a sudden heart attack. Paramedics' attempts to revive him were unsuccessful.

I will admit, I cried a bucket of tears yesterday - which my swollen red eyes can attest to.

We live in Illinois. He lived in Virginia, but most of his life was spent in Kentucky, where the funeral will be. Our son who lives in Wisconsin will drive here today. Tomorrow, we will travel to Kentucky. Our daughter who lives in Mississippi will meet us in Kentucky. The visitation is Sunday; the funeral on Monday. We will travel home on Tuesday. I'm not sure if our son will leave here on Wednesday or if he will stay a bit longer.

My MIL, who is in the final stages of Alzheimer's, will not grieve the loss of her husband of 57 years. Her disease has already taken his memory away from her.

My husband, who is a "twin" to his dad, albeit 20 or more years younger ;) - they look alike, think alike, laugh alike, talk alike - will be preaching the funeral. I plan to take along a HUGE box of Kleenex to be able to wipe my tears.

I covet your prayers for us during this time!

Also, I anticipate that I will not be on SCS much at all until Wednesday at the earliest.

(((Hugs!!)))
Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 09-06-2013 at 04:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 04:45 AM   #189  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

So sorry to hear about your FIL Jeanette! I will keep you all in my prayers & praying you have safe travels!!! {{{HUGS}}}

WOW! It would've been so nice to have you right there Maryrose! We're totally new to the area so not a clue as to anything....I'm glad I have Beth who lives in Fishers & has been scouting the listings I've been sending to her. I wanted to move there 2 years ago but DH wanted Yorkville....I'm finally getting my wish but with one less friend---I'm bummed too!!!

Question....is it the norm for people to have electric stoves there? I've never seen so many homes with electric stoves before! I wonder what it's like to cook on electric as I've always had/used gas?
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #190  
Hardware Hotshot

So sorry for your loss, Jeanette. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family during this time. {[hugs}}

Jackie, I think it may depend upon the age of the house. We had a newer home (less than ten yrs old at the time) that had gas connection, but had an electric stove installed. We also had gas hook-up for the dryer. I now have a gas stove for the first time, and I LOVE it!

Some things to check out when you are in the Noblesville area: Forest Park and the train museum, Morse Lake Reservoir, the farmer's market on Saturday morning, my fave shops in downtown (A Corner Cottage, Logan's Antique Mall, Linden Tree), my fave restaurant on the square is Rosie's, but we also love Uptown Cafe. If you like sewing or needle art, there's Always in Stitches on Conner Street. The high school is BIG, and there's a juvenile detention center across the street...we used to joke that it was there to keep the kids scared straight! They also have a BIG library down the road from the high school. Big news...they opened a brand new Hobby Lobby in Noblesville right after I left. I used to work at the Hamilton Town Center which is a nice shopping lifestyle mall. Conner Prairie is a lovely place to spend an afternoon, too.

I really miss my church there, and I really enjoyed downtown Noblesville and all of the festivals. I do not miss my neighborhood, as they were not a very friendly and welcoming group.

Fishers is also nice, and I hear good things about their schools. There's a huge Target, a nice library, pretty parks and bike trails. I also liked Zionsville. It's a quaint historic town. We avoided Carmel most of the time...too big for us.

Let me know what you think of it after you visit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #191  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my card (finally) for Barb's challenge:
April's Alley: I am late

9th grade is hard...I hate getting up so early!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #192  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy end of the Week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #193  
Stazon Splitcoast

Interesting....most of these say 2005 so not that old but we're keeping our options open. The ones that are newer than that still have electric stoves but they're really nice...I saw in one house that you could have the option of using gas. We'll see what it boils down to.

That's funny-not in a good way-what you say about your old neighborhood in Noblesville....that's how we feel here & how we felt back in Bourbonnais. I'll see what my instincts tell me as I've learned to follow my gut!

I'll definitely post when I'm back.....
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #194  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Huge Hugs and Prayers are heading to Jeanette and her hubby.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #195  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I posted a new swap last night--it is a combined swap of my favorite end of the year cards.
Snow, Snow, Snowy Cards or The Big Guy in the Red Suit Cards.
Come and join us to get a head start on your Winter and/or Christmas Cards. The link is in my siggy.
There are prizes if you take three or more total spots. See you there!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #196  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2View Post
Interesting....most of these say 2005 so not that old but we're keeping our options open. The ones that are newer than that still have electric stoves but they're really nice...I saw in one house that you could have the option of using gas. We'll see what it boils down to.

That's funny-not in a good way-what you say about your old neighborhood in Noblesville....that's how we feel here & how we felt back in Bourbonnais. I'll see what my instincts tell me as I've learned to follow my gut!

I'll definitely post when I'm back.....
If you are looking for a nice, older and established neighborhood, we really liked South Harbor and North Harbor. We had a lot of church friends that lived there. These are definitely on the far north side of Noblesville, though. A lot of the new growth is taking place closer to I-69 and Hamilton Town Center.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #197  
Forum Fanatic

Received 443 Likes on 299 Posts

Hello faithful friends!

Jeanette, I've already sent you an email, but you know that your whole family is in my prayers during this rough time. Adding safe travels for everyone to my prayers as well.

Mary Rose: how elegant of God to put you and Jackie on the same path at this point in time! I love how you are able to help provide insights to the town and surrounding area while they are looking for homes!

Waving to all of you! April, love your August card!!

Off & running here - have a packed weekend. Some crafty time, some rejuvenation at church, some office work, some errands, some gardening. You get the idea!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #198  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning from Indianapolis!!!!
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #199  
Hardware Hotshot

Praying for you, Jackie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #200  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello ladies. We went to a college football game today where my great-nephew, who is also my godson, is on the team. He is a Freshman, made the team and is the #4 quarterback. They won and scored all of their points in the final 9 minutes of the game. It was very warm--in the 90's. We then went out to supper with my brother and SIL--they are JL's grandparents.

Reply With Quote Likes