Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Groups (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/)
-   -   *Closed* Paper Princess Blog Sisters (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/%2Aclosed%2A-paper-princess-blog-sisters-502466/)

mnewby 08-13-2010 09:42 AM

*Closed* Paper Princess Blog Sisters

Hello Paper Princess Blog Sisters,

Wow girls this is so exciting, a new home with a new name. So how do you like it???? Our requirements for the group will stay the same however we are hoping for a lot more unity and "sisterhood." April and I love and adore each and every one of you and we are so happy you want to continue this journey with us. If at any time you need to contact either of us privately, please feel free to do.

The requirements:

1. First you must have a blog. Do you??
2. Next we ask that you post in your blog ATLEAST once a week. If you feel the crafty spirit hitting you hard feel free to post as many as you would like in a day or week. We understand "life" happens before SCS, Blogging, and Crafting so if you don't post a new blog for awhile check in with us so we know you are ok.
3. Please make sure everyone's blogs are added to your blog in a list on your sidebar. Check in with everyones blog atleast once a week. Leave them comments of encouragement!!
4. We will occasionally post card challenges for you to be a part of. We ask that everyone tries the challenge. This allows for great inspiration and allows your creative juices to flow.
5. Do you also scrapbook??? Great!! We would love to see your card and scrapbooking creations on your blog. If you alter items SHARE THEM WITH US.
6. On your blog feel free to offer, cards as gifts, techniques, etc.
7. Are you getting the drift yet?? Anything goes!! Have fun and get to know one another.

The idea behind this group is to offer great inspiration to eachother and develope some really great friendships. Offer up encouragment to each other and HAVE FUN!!!

Crafty Critters:
*1. MNewby - Melanie's Crafty Creations
*2. aprillower - Stamping Crafting Creating
3. SmartBug - Live. Teach. Love. Scrap. Laugh. Life.
4. KellyLuvs2Stamp - Kelly's Inky Stamping Spot
5. amsmiles - AnnMarie's Stamping Adventures!!
6. cspangler - The Savvy Stamper
7. mepylant - Crafty Scrapper
*8. Avery123 - Playing is a Passion!
9. rhoshoun - S.N.S. Memories
10. sands4ever - Stamping Down South
*11. sunifla1 - Our Scrappy Life
*12. nhagen - My Little Spot in the Universe

mnewby 08-13-2010 09:59 AM

Who is going to check in first and receive a little gift goodie from me???

Avery123 08-13-2010 10:14 AM

I'm here! Yay :) Love the new name!!

mnewby 08-13-2010 10:22 AM

Whoo hoo and you win a prize for being the first to check in. ;-)

mnewby 08-13-2010 10:22 AM

Oh yea, I put the new badge on my blog. If you are not able to copy it from there let me know and I'll shoot it to you in an email.

sunifla1 08-13-2010 10:23 AM

I love it!!!

Avery123 08-13-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewby (Post 17159425)
Whoo hoo and you win a prize for being the first to check in. ;-)

Ooooh lucky me :)

mnewby 08-13-2010 10:25 AM

Hi Lesley welcome to you too!!!

Avery123 08-13-2010 10:27 AM

Got the new badge posted :)

aprillower 08-13-2010 10:35 AM

You guys are on top of things today!!!

nhagen 08-13-2010 10:35 AM

Whoo hoo! I made it!!

Still trapped at the DMV. I've been here for over 1.5 hrs. Ugh!

aprillower 08-13-2010 10:38 AM

That is only $30/week. Is it 5 days/week?? If it is then it is only $6 a class.

That isn't too bad if you think about it.

They have a boot camp in my neighborhood but they don't put the price. I'm too wussy to try it. hahahahaha

Hmmmmm....wonder if we should have our own boot camp!?

Only if I can be the instructor....I'd love a new way to get my aggression out!!!

aprillower 08-13-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprillower (Post 17159499)
That is only $30/week. Is it 5 days/week?? If it is then it is only $6 a class.

That isn't too bad if you think about it.

They have a boot camp in my neighborhood but they don't put the price. I'm too wussy to try it. hahahahaha

Hmmmmm....wonder if we should have our own boot camp!?

Only if I can be the instructor....I'd love a new way to get my aggression out!!!

I brought that over from the other thread!

nhagen 08-13-2010 10:52 AM

April, do I detect a little "mwaaaaa?"

Evil! lol

aprillower 08-13-2010 10:54 AM

Okay, I updated my blog with everything...I think!!! I had to figure out how to even get into my blog because Rodney doesn't have a translator on this computer and of course everything wants to come up in German and I don't know German!! But I figured it out!!

Avery123 08-13-2010 10:59 AM

I just had a crazy idea...

If any of you love to read, we should start our own book club on Goodreads.com

Would anyone else be interested in something like that? We can take turns picking the books we're going to read and then we can chat about them afterwards. We could do just 1 book a month or something.

I can start the group if anyone else would be interested in something like that. I love to read, but I never have anyone I can talk about the books with, lol. The only other person close to me that reads a lot is my bil and sometimes we do swap books, but you know how guys are....you don't get much discussion from them hahaha

mnewby 08-13-2010 11:09 AM

Jenny I LOVE to read also but I'm a slow reader. ;-) We could set a month goal and then I can chat about the 5 chapters I read. LOL!!!! J/K, if anyone else is interested I'm in, I think its a neat idea.

aprillower 08-13-2010 11:11 AM

That would be fun. I really would love to start reading again. It's been a while since I sat and actually read through a whole book! I used to read non stop! I surely think we'd/I'd need a month, just with having so much other stuff going on in life it would be hard for me to accomplish it any sooner I'm afraid. Who know's though I may end up sitting down, really liking the book and getting through it in 3 days!

mnewby 08-13-2010 11:11 AM

April you have been in Germany for 4 years and you don't know how to speak and read German. :rolleyes: My oh my!!! LOL!!!! j/k :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprillower (Post 17159550)
Okay, I updated my blog with everything...I think!!! I had to figure out how to even get into my blog because Rodney doesn't have a translator on this computer and of course everything wants to come up in German and I don't know German!! But I figured it out!!

mnewby 08-13-2010 11:12 AM

Hi ya Nancy, welcome to our new home!!

mnewby 08-13-2010 11:33 AM

So lets do it Jenny, that is 3 of us that are interested. ;-) We'll just see who else is all onboard. I know there are others in the group that read too. Just know that if you choose a really scray thriller I probably won't read it because I get awful freak out moments from books like that. :? I know, I'm a wooose!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by aprillower (Post 17159603)
That would be fun. I really would love to start reading again. It's been a while since I sat and actually read through a whole book! I used to read non stop! I surely think we'd/I'd need a month, just with having so much other stuff going on in life it would be hard for me to accomplish it any sooner I'm afraid. Who know's though I may end up sitting down, really liking the book and getting through it in 3 days!

nhagen 08-13-2010 11:42 AM

I love to read. Count me in too!

mnewby 08-13-2010 11:43 AM

Whoo hoo, good idea Jenny!!

cspangler 08-13-2010 01:10 PM

Yay on the new home! I'll be back later tonight to check in and catch up. I finally feel human again!!!:)

sunifla1 08-13-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewby (Post 17159677)
So lets do it Jenny, that is 3 of us that are interested. ;-) We'll just see who else is all onboard. I know there are others in the group that read too. Just know that if you choose a really scray thriller I probably won't read it because I get awful freak out moments from books like that. :? I know, I'm a wooose!!!

Aww..no vampire books;)

sunifla1 08-13-2010 01:25 PM

I'm in for the book club.

nhagen 08-13-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnewby (Post 17159677)

Okay, you have to read a least one Stephen King book! There not all scary. I do like suspense thrillers, though!

Avery123 08-13-2010 01:38 PM

Here's the group I made : Paper Princesses

It's set on private so once you make a profile ask to be my friend so I can invite you.

KellyLuvs2Stamp 08-13-2010 01:42 PM

Do we have a new banner to go along with our new group???

Avery123 08-13-2010 01:55 PM

Shall I just pick the first book, or do we want to have a vote on a few choices?

Avery123 08-13-2010 02:22 PM

Ok ladies, I found a book that sounds really neat, so I just added it to the group, to give everyone who wants to participate time to get it by Sept 1st. Don't feel you have to buy the books every month either, because I just take mine out of the library :)

If no one else is interested in this book, don't worry about hurting my feelings, we're much more likely to read a book we're interested in so I'm open to suggestions!

I hope you all join in the fun, I can't wait!

Avery123 08-13-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellyLuvs2Stamp (Post 17160196)
Do we have a new banner to go along with our new group???

It's on Melanie's blog :)

mepylant 08-13-2010 02:55 PM

Okay, I go to work (and can't get on the 'puter at all while I'm there!) and you all start a new thread, with a new name and a book club!!!!! Wow! I've got to stay home more!!! hahahahaha

Jenny, I'm totally in on the book club. I'm with Melanie though, I'm a super slow reader. I hope to have 3 chapters read in a month Mel!!! hee hee hee

You just scared the poop out of me! I was thinking...um...was I suppose to send a kit to Melina and I forgot!!! But I just found the post and your in the other group. I had an extra kit for some reason and couldn't figure out why so then when I saw your post I was like...crap I forgot to send one! But I'm good right? I wasn't suppose to send to you right?! See...now you have me second guessing myself...LOL!

No, April you don't send me anything. I was just saying "I can't wait to see the image" b/c I don't know what it is and I'm anxious to know!!!! I can't wait!!!! We'll see everybody's though in 7 days!!!!! WOOOO! WHOOOO! :D

nhagen 08-13-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avery123 (Post 17160251)
Shall I just pick the first book, or do we want to have a vote on a few choices?

Boy, someone is eager to start! LOL

I am already signed up!

Do we want to vote on books or rotate who picks out the book????

mepylant 08-13-2010 03:11 PM

Melanie, is there anyway you could put these two things in the first post?

-------------------
Image Swap (remaining months)
August ~ Colleen
September ~ Moira
October ~ Terria
November ~ Lesley

Send 5 images to each of the image swap participants: AnnMarie, Melanie, Marsha, April, Melina, Colleen, Moira, Terria, & Lesley

Remember 1/4 sheets white c/s in water proof ink. Images are your choice. Try to have them mailed by the 10th of the month.
Thanks!
--------------------
Competing Princesses!

Team 1

Moira ~ Team Captain
April - August hostess
Colleen - September hostess
AnnMarie - October hostess
Lesley

Team 2

Nancy ~ Team Captain
Melanie - August hostess
Terria - September hostess
Melina - October hostess

Hostesses mail kits to each of their team members including their Team Captain. Kit includes 2 or 3 images stamped on white cardstock in waterproof ink, 1 ~ 6x6 piece of dp, 2-3 embellishments, 1 sentiment. Mail by the 20th of the previous month (if you're October hostess, mail by Sept. 20). Everyone posts their completed cards on their blogs the 20th of the month (ex.: Melina mails out her kits to her team members in September. Her team members should complete a card with the kit she sends, she will complete a card also, and then everyone posts their card on October 20).
-------------------

Also, since we're doing the book club too, can you post the link to our group in the first post too?

Thank you!!!!!!!

Avery123 08-13-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagen (Post 17160453)
Boy, someone is eager to start! LOL

I am already signed up!

Do we want to vote on books or rotate who picks out the book????

I think it might be fun to rotate who gets to pick. That way we get to read books that some of us might normally have noticed :)

I picked one for Sept, but I don't mind getting out-voted if no one else is interested in it.

Avery123 08-13-2010 04:07 PM

Nancy - was looking at your list of books and I see you're a fan of Dean Koontz :) I love his books too!

nhagen 08-13-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avery123 (Post 17160633)
Nancy - was looking at your list of books and I see you're a fan of Dean Koontz :) I love his books too!

Maybe we will have to throw in a Dean Koontz book....hee hee hee

Avery123 08-13-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagen (Post 17160648)
Maybe we will have to throw in a Dean Koontz book....hee hee hee

Well...I didn't want to scare anyone for our first month ;) Maybe I can leave that to you on your turn, lol.

cspangler 08-13-2010 04:38 PM

Hi all! I think I have my blog all updated. Also, I mailed out my images for the image swap Wednesday I think so you should be getting them soon.

Jenny, I might be interested in the book club - I love to read, but have not read much since the baby was born. My local library does not have that book, but I may participate in Sept if I can get it somewhere.