Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-03-2005, 08:11 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Weekend Scrapbooking Retreat

ATTENTION ALL SCRAPAHOLICS!!!

This is a great weekend for those of you who love to scrap book and would like a little getaway. Check out the information below and if you are interested, shoot me an email or give me a call.

· The name of the place is The Texas Star and it is located in
Montgomery, Texas (about 30 mins. outside of Houston).

· The retreat dates are Friday, May 13th - Sunday, May 15th.

· The cost is $160 per person.

You can arrive anytime after 1 on Friday and dinner will be served between 5:30-6:30 Friday night. There is a continental breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings anytime and a full breakfast served both mornings at 9am. Lunch is served both Saturday and Sunday at around noon. Dinner is served on Friday and Saturday nights at around 6pm with wine. Snacks are provided in both the kitchen and scrap room. Sodas (Coke, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, and Sprite) are provided along with bottled water, milk, iced tea, juice, hot chocolate, hot tea and coffee. There are two fridges that can be used (1 in the craft room & 1 in the kitchen), so feel free to bring anything else you feel that you will need. You can stay until 5pm on Sunday.

The Texas Star will provide all linens for the beds and a hair dryer in each of three bathrooms, along with towels, of course! All you need to bring is clothing, toiletries and your scrap booking supplies. There are three bedrooms with three sets of bunk beds. Bottom bunks are first come, first served! There is a full kitchen with a microwave, toaster and coffee maker and a living area with a TV, VCR, DVD and several books.

The weekend will also include use of the following: A Carl cutter; an area for eyelet setting; a heating tool; various punches and scissors; a Sizzix system and converter; Fun Serif upper, lower, number and various punctuation; several Sizzix tags and other templates; Random alpha set, and Sizzlets sets: Aphrodite, Funky Brush, Graffiti, and Boxed Brush.

The scrap booking room is separate from the sleeping quarters, so you can stay up and work as late as you want without the worry of keeping the early birds awake. The room is equipped with 18 setups - each including a 6’ table, a big and comfy chair, a waste receptacle, a sidekick for drinks, and great lighting. Also, because the craft room is a separate area, you don’t have to put your stuff away until it is time to leave! For the hard-core crafters there is a masseuse that comes in and provides services for an extra fee. There are also several antique shops within walking distance of the retreat for those that need a little break!

You can see photos of the retreat at their website www.bellsofmontgomery.com. Click on Texas Star.
Please notify me by email ([email protected]) or phone (281-798-6963) if you plan on attending. If you RSVP a spot, mail a check payable to Marcy Trucks (see address below). You will receive confirmation of your RSVP as I receive your payment. Thank you and hope to see you there…

Marcy Trucks
25306 Spring Ridge
Spring, TX 77386
281-798-6963
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

If anyone in Massachusetts is planning on having a scrapbooking weekend retreat please let me (us) know. Thanks!

Texas retreat sounds great but too far for me!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!