Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-08-2006, 11:27 AM   #41
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennifer-g
OMGosh, Jodi! I didn't post on this thread earlier, before but after seeing your mosaic samples I was checking out the site, saw the discount code and ordered a BUNCH of stuff from Tracey. Her stuff is so cool! The one thing I really wanted but controlled myself on was the pasiley sheet - so now I'm gonna be getting that too - 40% off is too much to resist! THANK YOU for the info and for the beautiful card samples.

You're welcome!

40% off is a great discount. I also LOVE the flower sheet. Did you see that one? I have samples in my gallery from that sheet.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=11291

Check the site later on, she said she was updating the site later today.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #42
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...

Jody,
Thanks for the heads up you little enabler you!!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Skype™ to jennifer-g
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn
I also LOVE the flower sheet. Did you see that one? I have samples in my gallery from that sheet.

Oh my....beautiful cards Jody!

You are an enabler, aren't you? Not that I am complaining since the stuff is fabulous! I may have to get the flower sheet too....

So, I am new to the whole "unmounted" stamp thing - can I ask a couple of (probably dumb) questions? Do you usually use these stamps with the cling foam and acrylic block or do you buy wood blocks and just glue the cling foam stuff onto the wood? I can guess that it's probably a personal preference thing, but I'd like to get a feel for what all the masters like best. *g* If you use it with the cling stuff, how do you store the stamps when they're not attached to a block?
Old 09-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #44
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Oh my....beautiful cards Jody!

You are an enabler, aren't you? Not that I am complaining since the stuff is fabulous! I may have to get the flower sheet too....

So, I am new to the whole "unmounted" stamp thing - can I ask a couple of (probably dumb) questions? Do you usually use these stamps with the cling foam and acrylic block or do you buy wood blocks and just glue the cling foam stuff onto the wood? I can guess that it's probably a personal preference thing, but I'd like to get a feel for what all the masters like best. *g* If you use it with the cling stuff, how do you store the stamps when they're not attached to a block?
I use the cling foam ($3.95 per sheet). When you get your rubber sheet and cling foam, all you have to do is stick the rubber to the cling foam (sticky side), then trim as you would a SU set. The sheets come in a cool plastic case. It's kind of like the SU cases, but thinner and bigger. After you have trimmed the stamps, you can stick them into the case. When you are using them you just peel them off the plastic and stick them onto the acrylic block. It's not sticky to the touch, it just sticks to the plastic and the acrylic block. Make sense? LOL If you have several different acrylic blocks, that is best. You can then stick on all the stamps you are going to use and not have to peel, stick, peel, stick, KWIM? I have the set of small blocks and some bigger ones too. It makes it more like using wood mounted. When stamping with these stamps, it feels like you are using wood mounted since there is cushion under your rubber image. It's very different than using the clear stamps (which I am not extremely fond of, but do own some of those also). I hope that clears it up. If you have any other questions, let me know.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:34 AM   #45
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for all the great info Jody! That's basically what I figured but it's good to have more info and validation before cutting into the beautiful new rubber!! I did order some cling on my last order but it didn't come in a storage case. But I'll figure something out, good to know we can just stick 'em to something. I'm also going to order some more blocks, I got the trim or stitches set or whatever so I got the loooong block to use with those. I'll have to get some regular-sized ones for all the others I'm sure I'm going to have to get! LOL.

Is there a coupon code we are supposed to enter for the sale on the full sized sheets?
Old 09-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Is there a coupon code we are supposed to enter for the sale on the full sized sheets?
Wondering this too. As far as I can tell, the sale hasn't been posted yet . . . .

Old 09-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #47
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Thanks for all the great info Jody! That's basically what I figured but it's good to have more info and validation before cutting into the beautiful new rubber!! I did order some cling on my last order but it didn't come in a storage case. But I'll figure something out, good to know we can just stick 'em to something. I'm also going to order some more blocks, I got the trim or stitches set or whatever so I got the loooong block to use with those. I'll have to get some regular-sized ones for all the others I'm sure I'm going to have to get! LOL.

Jennifer, the owner Tracey is at a rubber stamp show right now. I guess she didn't get around to posting the special yet. I'll post here when it starts.

If you order a full sheet it will come with the plastic case. Also, you can stick stamps to both sides of the inside of the case, so you could use it to store the stamps you already have as well. I guess you have to order enough to fill the whole case before she sends one.

If you have any other questions, let me know.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:51 PM   #48
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Okay, I got another e-mail and the special is now active. Here is the excerpt from the PM:

FULL SHEETS ON SALE* ***

For our retail customers:

take 40% off most of the full sheets on our website by
entering this code in the discount code box PRIOR to checkout:

40offsheets

This sale starts NOW and runs until September 15th, 2006
Offer good on new orders only.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:03 AM   #49
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks again for all the great info Jody!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #50
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn
Jennifer, the owner Tracey is at a rubber stamp show right now. I guess she didn't get around to posting the special yet. I'll post here when it starts.

If you order a full sheet it will come with the plastic case. Also, you can stick stamps to both sides of the inside of the case, so you could use it to store the stamps you already have as well. I guess you have to order enough to fill the whole case before she sends one.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

I have to correct this statement. The clear cases are no longer sent out. There came a point where there would have to be a price increase if they kept them, so to keep prices low, they did away with them. You can use CD cases, or even SU boxes. Any plastic surface (like our stamp cases) work very well. Sorry for the misinformation. There are 4 more days of the sale for 40% off full sheets. YAY!